Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Fellowship of Riverdale High (see ooc and pm/be invited to join)
on: October 19, 2003 12:58
((If anyone's interested in the history of Michael, check out my latest journal entry! There's a story about him, his life, why he is the way he is, and even how he originally met Scott, Sam and Doc!!! And, do you guys want to start referring to them by their character names, like Orlando or Elnog, or would you like to keep calling them by their real names for now?))

Having been slightly surprised at the large cat, Michael smiled at Sam, now an Elf. He pushed his dark brown hair out of his face, and thought really hard. He had now become Orlando, and even had wings like this mysterious half-elf did. Michael, like both of the twins was both excited and a little nervous and unsure of everything. He glanced over at Doc. Now Elnog, the doctor seemed to fit right in. Michael chuckled to himself and whistled, fingers of his left hand in his mouth to direct the sound better.

As soon as he had finished whistling, a hawk swooped down from the sky, slightly startling both Scott and Sam. Michael smiled at them as the bird landed on his shoulder.

"It's Faithful, remember?" he said. As Orlando, he had rescued Faithful, a hawk, in one of their previous adventures, and the bird had followed the character of Orlando around after that.

Doc smiled, as he remembered that Faithful had once saved Elnog's life. Orlando and Elnog were rarely seen without the other, quite rare for and Elf and a Dwarf. His right had dropped down to his side and he fingered his battle axe thoughtfully.

"Do we have any plans for food?" he asked. His normally low voice had lowered even more, and it sounded gruff, almost harsh, instead of the refined that it normally was.

[Edited on 20/10/2003 by CarolP]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2003 10:55
((I think it would be best if we keep using their real names, otherwise, I might confuse this with other threads I'm in. That's just my opinion, though.))

Sam raised her bow and plucked the bowstring, entranced by the graceful beauty of the carved wood. Curious, she pulled an arrow out of her quiver with her right hand and nocked it on the string. In real life, Sam had never fired a bow before in her life, but now...she pulled the string back to her ear, sighted, and let it fly, hitting her intended target squarely.

Stunned, Sam let the bow fall to her side as she examined the target she had chosen, a small chunk of wood that had been resting in the branches of a tree. With her new far-sight (and her brain that was adjusted to the increase of information) Sam saw that her arrow had split the wood neatly.

Her sharp ears picked up a rustle in the bushes, and she spun, an arrow on the string in a heart-beat. A rabbit dashed out of the bushes and fled for safer cover, but not fast enough. It fell moments later with Sam's arrow quivering in its body. With a weak laugh, Sam trotted over to the dead rabbit, pulled her arrow out and held up the still-warm body. "Anyone know how to cook this thing?" she asked, looking at the boys.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2003 03:57
((I'm gonna use Faye, just cause other wise I get mixed up, lol.....same name, different spelling.))

Faye watched the rabbit fall and laughed as Sam asked about cooking it. She pushed Kora back as she was headed towards the rabbit. "No Kora. You must hunt on your own." Kora growled lightly, then slinked off to hunt. "Always was stubborn"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2003 07:33
(I think we should use their real names too)

Kahn turned as Sam asked about cooking the rabbit. Walking forward he held out his hand. Sam handed it over.

"Scott, give me your hunting knife; no, that longer one." Kahn took the blade and slit the rabbit down the middle. He then pulled out the insides and then directed Sam to tie the rabbit to her belt or pack.

"We don't have time to cook it right now; but we're almost to Kempton." the Mijetsu stated.

Another hour of walking and they broke out of the forest onto a road. About half an hour later, they reached the wooden gates of the city.

The sun was just beginning to set, so the gates were still open, although guarded by soldiers. They didn't give the group any trouble though; travelers were common in this area.

The city of Kempton was a military city; soldiers were everywhere. But it was also a large trading town as it was literally in the middle of Lamond. In the bright teeming mass, Kahn quickly led them to a tavern.

"I have some friends here." he paused. "Let me do the talking, all right? I'm still not sure of what is happening in the world now."

They entered. The front room was warm and noisy, with clouds of smoke from numerous pipes.

"Can I help you?" a middle aged woman with long pale brown hair asked.

Kahn smiled. "It's been a while Sanweh."

The woman blinked, then returned the smile. "Well, I'll be. Kahn!" She looked behind him. "I see you've brought friends. Will you be needin' rooms or are you just going to eat and be off again?"

"Rooms please." Kahn said polietly. Sanweh nodded.

"This way then." she said, leading the way towards stairs that led to the upper story of the building.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2003 12:17
((Alright, real names it is!))

Michael smiled at Sam as the woman led them to the rooms. In addition to knowing Samantha herself for quite a few years, Orlando and Vana had been good friends of each other in all their rps.

"I wonder what Mr. Keating was thinking, sending us all here? Why did he do this? Are we ever going to get home?" said Michael to Samantha. As he became the character of Orlando, he also became slightly more dramatic.

"Eh, not much," replied the doctor, fingering his axe once again. He had not become particularly fond of different places, in addition to a general distrust of strangers.

Michael saw his hand. "Just don't do anything without thinking, or we'll all get into trouble. Big trouble," came the harsh whisper, his hair falling into his face as he turned and looked down. ((In my mind, I picture Orlando as looking somewhat like Elrond from the movie, but younger and having green wings, just to let you know, and Elnog- Doc- looks like Gimli.)) He pushed his hair out of his face. "That's better," he said to himself.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2003 04:27
Sam smiled back at Michael, feeling reassured. The whole world had changed all around her, her body had changed into that of someone else's...but her friend Michael hadn't changed at all, and that comforted her. Besides that, the part of her mind that was now Vana knew Orlando as a valuable asset to any group...and a friend besides that.

As they reached the top of the stairs, the woman Kahn had called Sanweh directed Sam and Fae to one room and the men to two others. Unslinging her bow and quiver and leaving them on the bed by the window, Sam touched a knife hilt that was strapped to her wrist, hidden by the sleeves of her tunic. With it close by, Sam felt safe, as she knew the Vana side of her knew how to use it expertly.

Settled, Sam left the room...but not before catching a look at herself in the mirror. For the first time, she realized that she wasn't wearing glasses anymore, and a pleased smile crossed her face. With elven-sight, she no longer needed glasses, which was an immense relief to her. Most of her life had been spent trying to keep track of those things, keeping them clean and fitted to her as she grew. Shaking her head, she exited and tapped on the door that Michael and Scott were staying in. "Orlando? Yaro?"

The part of her that was Vana was secretly glad that Doc, now Elnog, was in a different room. Sam shook her head, shocked at the feel of prejuduce towards Doc, her teacher and friend.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2003 05:59
Faye sat on a chair as Sam left. She whistled out a window and her hawk Sharak flew in. Holding out her right arm, on which was a thick black leather glove, he landed. She looked into his eyes. "So Kora found some food? Good. I've been worried about her lately. I wasn't sure how she'd react to me being away for so long. I missed u all greatly." She pet Sharak softly on the head.

[Edited on 22/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2003 07:15
Scott looked up at the soft tap at the door and the whispered "Orlando? Yaro?"

The boy blinked; oh right, he was Yaro. Standing, he went to the door and opened it. Sam stood there and smiled at him.

"Hey."

"Hi." Scott answered, stepping aside to let her in. He had taken off the leather armor and weapons he had had on previously. His dark blonde hair constantly fell into his eyes and Scott pushed it away. He had been surprised to find that he was blonde; Yaro had always had black hair. But he supposed it was because he was Sam's twin and she had blonde hair.

Sam greeted Michael, who was seated on the bed, his green wings carefully folded behind him. "Where's Kahn?" the elf-girl asked.

"He said he needed to go out." Scott told her, sitting by the window again. It looked out over the town's street and he'd found it interesting to watch everything below. There was so many things happening down there, so many colors and sounds. It was sorta like a movie.

Kahn walked through the busy streets, keeping to his own business. Nobody noticed him with his hood up; he was just another ragged traveler who had made his way to the busy city of Kempton.

Kahn paused and smiled as he saw what was an outdoors sort of restaurant. Sitting in front of it was a man with unruly dark hair and bright, merry eyes. A full tankard was in front of him and from the relaxed position of the man's broad shoulders, he had had quite a few all ready.

Kahn crossed the street, dodging carts and such, appearing before the man. "Peace be with you, friend." he said.

"And you." the man said, voice friendly, but his eyes slightly cautious. Kahn smiled and moved his hood back enough for the man to see his face. The man's face cleared.

"Kahn, I'll be. Sit!"

"Thank you." Kahn sat in an elegant easy move, then looked at the man. "There's no easy way around this, Cuamin. I need you to tell me what's going on in the world."

Cuamin blinked. "Eh? Been back to your hidden valley then?"

Kahn shook his head. "No, not really. But I have been somewhere very different." His golden eyes rested on his old friend. "So...?"

Cuamin sighed. "Well, what do you want to know? Lamond is a big place, Kahn."

"Tell me how Chellon and her king fares."

Cuamin's face was grave. "Not so well. Theinvotel's youngest son and wife have been taken by srych armies as they were traveling towards Idris. They found Queen Arquariel later, but the son, Corta, is still missing."

"How is the Queen?"

"She won't be singing in their golden woods again."

"I see." Kahn said softly, almost sadly. "What of the king's other children; Falaswen and Firdan?"

The man shrugged. "Safely locked away in his castle for aught I know. Especially Firdan as he's the heir. Theinvotel's offered a pretty hefty reward for the return of Corta, however."

"Is that why you're here?"

"Aye." Cuamin paused to take a drink. "Why, you interested?"

"Maybe." Kahn murmered. "What of Harding and Hardeep?"

"Trouble with pirates, but not much else. The Wizard's Council was called again. They say the new White Wizard was found."

"And who is he?"

Cuamin smiled. "She is the youngest daughter of King Morcian of Idris: Reina, Princess of the High Elves."

Kahn looked slightly surprised. "Indeed?"

Cuamin seemed amused. "What of it?"

"Nothing. I just did not expect...I knew the elder daughter, Daria, had the powers of a seer. I suppose it is natural to expect that magic runs strong in the family."

"Well ,there is not much else in the world other than the Dwarves of The Cannon Mountains have made peace with the remnants of the Mountain Elves." Cuamin said. "Garwood is quiet."

"Good." Kahn stood. "I don't like Gyspies and I like Dark Elves even less." he put a coin on the table. "Enjoy yourself, Cuamin."

The man grinned and pocketed the coin. "Thank ye."

"Say hello to Robert for me." Kahn called as he walked away.

"Aye! That I will!"

(OOC: Sorry that got so long; *sweatdrop*)
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2003 09:50
Michael shot a look at Scott. Of course, his friend wouldn't know that he was now his rpg character, Scott was just that kind of person. According to Michael, his best friend was not so bright, but what he lacked here, he made up for in charisma and friendlyness.

"Don't worry, Yaro," he said. "You'll get used to it." Michael patted his friend on the left shoulder, very common for him. Michael had done more role playing than anyone else here, except for Doc, and Kahn, of couse. ((OOC: When I first "created" Scott, Sam and Michael (for a story of mine), they were all elves from another land, in disguise, and this has stuck with Michael through this rpg. He still thinks about his time before he came to our world. Will post this background story asap.))

Scott nodded and Michael laughed, dispite himself. He pushed his hair out of his face once again and then tied it back. "There," he said satisfactorally. "It can't get in the way anymore. Now, what to do about these green wings of mine." He had taken off his brown cloak, revealing a blue tunic and pants, as well as large green wings. "The only good thing about these is that I can fly." he said, mostly to Vana. He couldn't imagine not being close friends with the elf, or with Yaro. Orlando and Vana had been close friends for most of their lives, and they had become even closer in the past few rps.

((Enough for now. Will post more later. ))

[Edited on 22/10/2003 by CarolP]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2003 12:19
Sam laughed softly as she settled down on the bed beside Michael. Yes, her brother wasn't renowned for his briliance, but he was a great guy all in all. As she sat, looking out the window, her ears twitched a bit with every sound that reached them. Without looking, she knew when Scott shifted from foot to foot, knew when one of the boys played idly with one of their weapons. She could even hear snatches of conversation from the street.

Pushing her cloak off her shoulders, she turned to examine Michael's wings.

They were a beautiful, sparkling green, and Sam had an almost irrepresible urge to touch them, but she refrained, as the Vana side of her, which was getting stronger by the second, told her that it was an incredible insult to touch anyone's wings, almost as bad as spitting in their face.

Standing up, Sam paced to the window and looked out. "Where is Doc?" she asked, barely noticing that her voice was becoming more sophisticated and musical, and she was speaking more formally than normal.

((I should probably mention...in my mind, Vana looks like a female version of Legolas, though with longer hair and bluer eyes. Just so everyone can try and picture her))

[Edited on 23/10/2003 by Vanalosswen]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2003 06:00
Faye sat alone for awhile, bored. She decided to get to know some of the others. She exited the room, and headed for where she sensed Sam was. She knocked softly on the door, Sharak resting on her shoulder. the door opened and she entered. Michael and Sam looked a bit surprised. She smiled warmly. "Hi. I was rather bored in there alone, so I thought I'd come and well, get aquainted better with you." She was very relaxed in her elfae form. She noticed Michaels wings. "You can conceal your wings." She looked him in the eyes, her large blue and green glass-stained wings appearing. "I usually keep mine hidden. It draws questions for I'm one of the few Elfae's left."

Faye noticed the curious looks. Something in what she said made them believe she knew they were going to become their characters and come to Lamond. Either that, or they couldn't believe how well she played her character. Her confusion was answered when one of them answered her thought....
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2003 12:08
((Elnog looks like Gimli from LotR. A lot. Orlando, well, he looks almost like a young Elrond with green wings. LOL about the wings, Vana!))

"Greetings, Faye," said Michael, motioning for her to come into the room and sit down. Noticing Sam looking at his wings, he turned to her with a grin on his face, one side of his mouth raised higher than the other, almost as if it were some sort of a smirk. "What?" he asked without saying anything. Since he and Sam had known each other for quite some time, they could often tell what the other was thinking. "You're looking at my wings like you want something," he said.

Realizing that Sam would probably take a minute to reply, he turned to Faye. "Did you and Mr. Keating talk before this?" he said. He had asked the inevitable question, turning the attention from his large, perhaps even over-sized, emerald-colored wings to the elfae. His green eyes penetrated the elfae's thoughts, but, even as Orlando, he could still not read minds, except of possibly Sam's or Doc's.

((Doc is somewhere else, obviously. He is most likely looking for Faithful, Orlando's hawk and a friend of his. Did I mention that Faithful is a talking hawk, but rarely talks, except to Elnog and Orlando? Anything can happen in a fantasy world. Am practicing my Elvish walking...))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2003 01:08
((*laughs*))

Sam grinned back, her grin also a bit lopsided. "You look interesting with wings, Michael." she replied, also in her mind. "Would you mind terribly if I touched them?" Vana was telapathic, Sam knew, but Sam hadn't learned how to tap into that side of her just yet.

((I always practice my elvish walking...and am getting pretty good at it, too, I might add!))
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2003 05:22
"I..." She trailed off, but then began again realizing it best to tell the truth. "Yes. We spoke before hand. I was originally from here, but I never really fit in. I longed to have friends, close ones I could rely on. So, I was given the appearance of a human. It would only last for as long as I truly wanted it to. Lately I had been thinking about how much I missed all my animals here. It was a rule that on every full moon, I had to appear as myself. I wanted so badly to come home, so I was given the course of 3 fullmoons to get here. thats when I met Mr. Keating, he told me he could get me home, so I thought it was worth a shot."

She then directed the attention back to their wings. "It's rather easy to conceal them. She smiled and her wings slowly shimmered, dissappating into thin air. "Just concentrate on them, and picture them disappearing in your mind."

[Edited on 25/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2003 10:18
((One of the teachers at my school can walk absolutely silently in all his motorcycle gear. It's like the funniest thing!))

"Ah..." Michael tried hard not to laugh at Samantha. "Sure," he rolled his eyes slightly at Sam. Both she and her twin brother were always full of surprises. Even he could never tell what either of them would do next, so they were fun to be around.

"You're eyes are the same color as your wings, Michael," said Sam after she had touched them. ((Hope you don't mind, Vana.)) They were soft, much like those of birds, yet much different at the same time. Michael's wings were made of sparkling green feathers, but were shaped like those large angel wings.

At Sam's comment about his wings, he rolled his eyes again. A habit of his, this seemed to happen even more when he played Orlando, whether he actually became the annuviel or not. ((Originally, the thought for Orlando, as well as for Elnog, came from an old story of mine. Annuviels are like winged elves. When we began this rpg, I thought of the two friends once again.))

Something in Michael began to think about what Faye had just said, but he couldn't figure it out... Oh well, he thought. I'll just have to think more about it later.

Meanwhile, Doc was talking to Scott about some things, including about Lamond and Kahn. In our world, Doc and Scott had never really gotten to know each other, but they had become good friends since their arrival in Lamond. Faithful, Orlando's hawk, was with the doctor as they spoke.

[Edited on 27/10/2003 by Gilraen]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2003 12:42
(Taking over Doc breifly; hope that's okay)

"So...I don't really get all this." Scott stated. "Did you know about Lamond?"

Doc nodded breifly. "Keating sometimes told me of a 'fantasy world' he and a student had come up with. I was impressed by how lifelike and real they had made it; down to customs, langauges and even the history and myths of different races."

"But you knew it was real. How?" Scott wanted to know. Doc thought for a moment.

"I suppose Keating drew me in to believing. Scott, sometimes that happens. At any rate, we know it's real now."

Scott sighed, his blue eyes settling back out at the street. Behind him and Doc, Faye, Sam and Michael were laughing and discussing something.

"What about Kahn? I mean...he seems so different from the guy I knew. What is he exactly?" Scott asked.

"A Mijetsu. And the reason he's different is that this is his home. He's...connected to it, I guess you could say. Being away from Lamond for ten years was starting to wear on him; I believe near the end it was acutally making him physically sick."

Scott thought; that did seem right. Kahn had gotten a good deal paler and thinner in the past year, almost as if he were being drained.

"Just from being away?" Scott asked. Doc sighed, took out a pipe and began to clean it before filling it with dried pipe weed.

"From what Keating told me, Mijetsu are elemental creatures, connected firmly with their elemenat. Kahn is an Earth Mijetsu and as such, he is connected to Lamond itself. That is both a blessing and a curse for him; Lamond's plants, animals and ground will obey his commands, but the hurts they suffer reflect on Kahn. " Doc lit his pipe. "Not only that, but Kahn is in reality one of the oldest creatures of Lamond. He, like most Earth Mijetsu, is a protector and guardian; I guess you could even call him a prophet at times. For him to bring us here, must mean something big is going to happen."

(OOC: I'll let you guys talk some more before Kahn comes back, k? ^__^)
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2003 04:28
((Of course I don't mind, Sil! I trust you to use my characters wisely.))

After gently touching the wings, Sam put her hands in her lap and listened to her friends talk and laugh about something. Deciding this was a safe moment, she retreated into her mind and began exploring the side of her that was Vana. Thoughts and memories, none of which Sam herself had ever consciously created, floated past her mental eyes.

Sam curiously touched one part of Vana's mind, and immediately, she could hear everyone's thoughts. None of them were very loud, just a buzz in her mind, but as she focused on Michael's, his thoughts became very clear.

A sharp smell hit her sensitive nose, and she sneezed twice, the force of the sneezes pushing everyone's minds away. Eyes watering, she looked for the source of what had made her sneeze and found it quickly. Doc was smoking a pipe, and something in Sam, or was it Vana? was reacting to it.

With a soft groan, Sam stood and walked to the window, trying to get some fresh air.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2003 09:00
((Doc, as himself, does not smoke. However, as Elnog, as most Dwarves do, he does smoke. Just thought I'd say that! Sure, it's okay! I don't know much about Lamond, or Kahn, for that matter. Mind if I take over the conversation, though?))

Michael moved over to where Scott was talking to Doc. He sat next to his friend and listened intently as Doc explained about Kahn. Faithful perched on his shoulder as the annuviel listened.

"Did Mr. Keating say what big thing was going to happen?" asked Scott. He seemed to notice Michael sit down next to him, but said nothing to his friend.

"No," said Doc. "Yet the way Mr. Keating spoke, I knew it to be true." His eyes shifted from Scott to Michael as he spoke. "I have to tell you something, and I hope Michael won't mind." He took a deep breath.

"No," said Michael. "If you're going to tell him what I think you are, then go ahead. I don't mind." Michael sighed deeply, thinking back, memories striking his mind, both joyful and painful.

"I, like Michael, was originally from another land," said Doc. ((Explanation is needed. When I first thought of Scott, Sam and Michael, as well as Doc, they were all from another land. Scott was a woodelf named Leif, and Sam was his twin sister, Adria. Michael was a half highelf, half seaelf named Daniel. Doc was a highelf (with wizard-like powers, but NOT a wizard) named Merlin. This was actually where Orlando, Faithful and Elnog first appeared. Sharkie, the right-hand man of the HIGH KING sent Scott, Sam and Michael to our world because it was no longer safe for them in LOMC. Vana, Jaid, you can decide whether or not you want Scott and Sam to be from LOMC, or if they should just be from our world.)) He explained to Scott what he meant by this.

Unable to take anymore of Doc's long-winded explanations, Michael silently walked away, joining Faye. It wasn't really the explanations that got to him; it was something else, something that made him feel like there was an empty space in him, longing to be filled. He closed his eyes, trying desperately to concentrate, to think of what it could be. He remembered the prophecy of Merlin from when he was in LOMC.

"And you, Daniel," Merlin had said to him that one day in the Enchanted Forest. "Here is where you will join with Adria in love and happiness for the rest of you life, and you will travel to the island, taking her and her brother with you as you go, if you pass the test before you." He had gone on to explain about how Sharkie would send Daniel, Leif and Adria to our world for a test, as well as for safety. The words of Merlin echoed in his head and he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Michael, are you alright?" asked Sam.

Michael turned to face his friend. "Yeah," he said, still in a day-dreamy sort of mode. "I'm alright." He smiled, hoping that she wouldn't ask anymore questions.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2003 10:45
((I think that sounds really cool, Sil! If Jaid's cool with it, I'm all for it!))

Sam looked her friend over, worried. She knew he wasn't as ok as he tried to seem sometimes, but she also knew she was one of the only people that saw that. Mentally, she called his name until he looked at her again. Still speaking mentally, the safest way she knew at the moment, she said, "Michael, I know everything is not as all right as you try to make it seem. What's wrong?"

Memories that Sam had thought long buried floated across her eyes, memories of a forest that she had known long ago...her twin, as he really was...and herself as she really was...long years in the beautiful world...Sharkie, the King's right-hand man...wanting to protect the twin elves and the half-elf...
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2003 04:42
((I think I managed to confuse everyone. Michael, in the other world, is Daniel, an Elf, half-sea, half-high, or mountain, Elf. I guess it's kinda confusing, though. Orlando, Michael's rpg character, is based off the annuviel that he, as Daniel, once knew. Same with Elnog. Originally, Doc was Merlin, an Elf, raised by humans, with wizard-like powers, the closest to an actual wizard in LOMC. Sorry for the confusion.))

[Edited on 31/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2003 05:38
Faye watched as Sharak flew from her shoulder out the window. She stood up. "Excuse me." She walked out of the room, leaving the inn. She looked around, a breeze blowing her long shimmery blue hair across her face. Kora walked up beside her and she pet her head softly. She then walked over to a short brick wall, sitting on it, humming quietly to herself.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2003 06:48
Kahn walked back into the inn's yard and saw Faye sitting atop a wall that seperated the inn's courtyard from the rest of the world. He smiled and walked up to her.

"Where is everyone?"

(OOC: Okay, that would be an interesting twist. lol, confuse Scott more! lol, sorry)

Scott looked back out the window. He was startled to find a troop of Elvish archers walking down the street. None of the other townspeople gave them a glance, but it was a strange thing to him.

He looked back at Sam. The elves looked like her; blonde hair, light eyes.
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2003 01:21
((Yeah, Jaid, we're trying to confuse Scott. It's all part of the game.))

Scott felt a hand on his shoulder, which did not surprise him as to who the owner of it was. The owner of the hand, and the voice which followed was the winged "person", if a person Michael could now, and ever, be called.

"Scott," said Michael. "Remember back a long time ago? In the Enchanted Forest? And in Riverdale? Remember Merlin? And Sharkie? And how you and Adria and I would always like to play tricks on the others?" Michael's eyes glimmered with the thoughts of the olden days as he spoke to his friend.

"I remember," said Doc, joining them over by the window. As Doc, he would have been able to walk up behind them silently, but the dwarvish Elnog prevented him from doing this.

Michael closed his eyes, and thought once more about the prophecy of Merlin. He wondered if it would ever be true...(pathetic ending for a post, but I can't think of anything more to say.)
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2003 06:08
Sam joined the others by the window, memories stirring at the sound of her true name, Adria. "I remember too," she said quietly. "I also remember feast days, and singing in the great halls, and dancing the nights away, the stars shining happily down on us. I remember camping out under the stars in the Enchanted Forest and catching firebugs for the lamps at night."

She smiled, the smile lighing her eyes and making them appear alive. "Surely you remember the last feast day before we left. It stretched long into the night, and Merlin was there, as was Daniel, and you and I were there." She searched her twin's eyes, hoping he was starting to remember now.

[Edited on 5/11/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 09:26
Scott looked down. "Sort of...it's kind of blurry..." his eyes widened. "Whoa! You mean we're not from earth?"

There was a low chuckle. "I think that's what they are telling you."

The others turned to see Kahn standing in the doorway with Faye. The red-head walked in.

"Sorry I was away for so long. Much has happened in the world."

"A decade is a long time to be out of it." Doc commented wryly. Kahn laughed.

"That it is. Sanweh requests that we come down for dinner; then I have something to tell you all."

Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 10:26
Michael smiled at Doc's remark, hoping that Scott would take the hint that they really weren't from Earth, which sounds really wierd, by the way.

"That's Scott for you," said Michael to Samantha. "Classic innocence, perhaps too much." His smile seemed to be far away somehow, perhaps thinking about what had happened long ago, perhaps about something that had happened at school that year.

"Michael, be nice," said Doc in a warning sort of tone. Michael could tell that he was serious, as someone had said something about them not sticking together like a real fellowship would last year, at Riverdale High.

"Sorry," the muffled reply came. "I couldn't resist." Michael had been taken captive playfully by the twins, and a hand held his mouth shut, making it almost impossible to talk. The arms were accompanied by two laughing voices behind him.

"Alright," said Doc. "Just don't do it again." He smiled, making a funny sort of face, as if seeming to question whether or not he had really become Elnog, and wasn't just dreaming. He sighed, realizing that he had fully become the dwarf, cringing when he thought about the fact that he could no longer be Doc, or Merlin, as he once was.

[Edited on 7/11/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2003 09:33
"I think they're still inside. I just needed some fresh air, I can't stand to be cooped up for too long." Kora pushed her head under her hand. She smiled. "All right Kora, just relax." She continued petting her soft fur.
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2003 05:47
"I won't," promised Michael, still laughing. "And, it's good to be back." Even though Lamond still wasn't his home, Michael, in a way, probably the same way Doc did, somehow felt connected to it. Being in our world, a whole different reality had taken its toll on him, on Doc, even on the twins. Even though Michael had not gotten physically sick, the effects were still strong. He had lost some of his personality, some of who he was. He was sure that it was the same for Doc, too.

"It is," said Doc. He wondered what Kahn would have to tell them, but asked nothing more. As both Doc and Merlin, he was naturally more curious about how everything worked, and how everyone thought. It was natural for him to question everyone and everything, and he himself be questioned sometimes, often overly so.

"How can you trust Keating?" asked Sam.

"Well," said Doc, pausing for a minute to think back to when he was actually the doctor, and not his roleplay character. "I think Keating can be very, uh, convincing when he wants to be." That was the first time that Michael remembered that Doc couldn't think of the right words to say. The tall, lanky science teacher would have taught English, or even history, but the school desperately needed a biology honors/chem honors teacher, so he took the job. "As I was telling your brother, he made everything sound very real, as if it were LOMC or even Middle-earth."

"I know what you mean, Doc," said Michael. As Orlando, he had not originally liked Elnog, but they had become close friends over the roleplays. ((It's a story similar to that of Legolas and Gimli, except that Elnog had saved Faithful's life, thus becoming a close friend to Orlando.)) "LOMC is real to us, just as Lamond is real to him and Kahn."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2003 09:09
Sam leaned back on her hands, listening and remembering. As Adria, her true self, she was naturally more suspicious than she was as Sam, and it was unusual to be listening with Adria's ears, but to be understanding with Sam's understanding.

With a huffed exhale, she got up and paced around the room slowly. "Where is Kahn?" she asked without thinking. "I grow weary of being cooped in this room like a hawk in the mews."

[Edited on 22/11/2003 by Abraon]
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2003 11:14
"Don't know that, Sam," Michael smiled. She reminded him more and more of Adria with each passing day, especially within the roleplay. "Wonder how Faithful's doing then." He laughed, something that he had not done freely in quite a while.

"When's the last time I heard that sound, Michael?" came Doc's reply. He had remembered how gloomy our world had made everyone, especially Michael, who had taken it considerably harder than either of the twins or himself. Of course, it had taken him quite a while to adjust, too, but it wasn't complete torture for him. He was still the same, only he looked different.

"Quite a while ago, mellon-nin, quite a while ago," said Michael, using the elvish tongue instead of his own. As Michael, he had been more obsessed with LotR that almost anyone else at Riverdale High, except perhaps for Samantha herself. He had even decorated his room to look like Rivendell, and as Orlando, he could do a descent impression of Elrond, complete with the wind-blown hair. His green wings fluttered slightly.

"Yes," replied Doc, smiling. "It was quite a while ago that you laughed, and it was probably a month ago when I last heard it. Don't know how long its been, though, but it's been too long, way too long."

((Where is everyone???????))

[Edited on 12/9/03 by silvan_elf_princess]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2003 01:14
Sam smiled, Michael's pure joy contagious. At last, she laughed as well, her laughter sounding like pure bells on a spring day. Oh, how she had missed being free! Being in the other world had so dragged at her spirits, even if she hadn't known why.

"Ah, mellryn-nin" she sighd in Elvish, the beautiful words coming easily to her lips. "It has been too long, far too long. But we are back, for better or for worse." Sam knew she was the most obsessed person about LotR in her school, with Michael as a close second. As Sam she could imitate most of the Elvish characters so well that others would back away, sure she was channeling the characters.

She hadn't gone so far as to decorate her full room...not yet. She had planned, however, to ask Michael to help her decorate her room like either Lothlorien or Rivendell.

[Edited on 12/12/2003 by CarolP]
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 01:08
Michael laughed once again. "We are back, whether it be here in Lamond or Middle-earth or in the Enchanted Forest," he sighed. Michael could do an excellent imitation of Elrond, even as Michael, but the long hair of Orlando made it seem somehow more realistic. He could also do an imitation of Legolas, or even of Glorfindel, but Elrond had always been his favorite.

Doc smiled back at them, his auburn beard, as Elnog, covering his chin. He still couldn't seem to become Elnog, as being a Dwarf was challenging for him, but they needed a Dwarf along on their journeys. He had still not become his rp character, like the others had, but rather, stayed as his normal personality, just looking different. Very different. Now, he was shorter than Michael, who, in our world, was just above five feet tall. (As Orlando, he was slightly taller, though not much.)

[Edited on 12/12/2003 by CarolP]
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 07:22
((Where is everyone??? Shall just have to post for the second time in a row. :cry)

"And it is up to us to decide whether it be for good or for evil," came Michael's voice again. As Orlando, his greyish green eyes sparkled with silver. "But I say that this is for good, and Keating sure had something in mind when he sent us here." His left wing fluttered slightly, as if he did not have control over it.

"Aye, it is for good, Michael," replied Doc, trying not to laugh at Michael's wing, remembering something that they had been talking about back in our world.

"Gain control of your left hand, Michael, or you'll never be able to use it properly," Doc had said to Michael at fencing practice one afternoon. Everyone else had already left, and Michael had wished to stay a few extra minutes to practice. As was said before in Michael's life story (which is very complicated and I don't want to tell it right now), he was left-handed.

"Are you sure it'll work?" Michael had asked.

"Yes, but you must learn to gain excellent control," replied Doc.

Doc chuckled to himself and tried to hide it from Michael, but this did not work. Michael glared at the Dwarf until Doc admitted why he was laughing.

"I don't see what's so funny, Doc," said Michael.

((This shall most likely be it until after Christmas for me. Merry Christmas, everyone!!))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 09:12
Sam quirked an eyebrow at Doc, wondering just what was so funny. Left out of the private joke, she got up and walked to the window again. Her stomach growled disapprovingly, and she turned back to the others. "Not to change the subject or anything, but when can we eat?" she asked, playfully holding her stomach.
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2003 04:52
"When can we eat?" Samantha had asked. She had walked over to the window, away from Michael and Doc.

"Soon, hopefully," replied Michael in an annoyingly cheerful sort of tone. "But we can't do anything until Kahn gets back here. After all, he's the only one who knows their way around this place." Doc was still trying hard not to laugh, but Michael did not know why. "I still don't see what's so funny!" he repeated. As Michael he did not have the best memory ever, and could not seem to remember what Doc had been thinking about.

[Edited on 26/12/2003 by eldir]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email