Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What's Your unique ability?
on: March 06, 2004 03:28
I'm very good at learning languages quickly.

I'm also very, VERY adaptable: when something doesn't go as I planned, I change tactics at the speed of light.

I can also be very empathic and perceiving at times.

I can lie with a straight face to anyone except my parents, but I hardly ever do so anyway.

I've analyzed myself so that I know exactly why I react certain ways, and what my subconscious and motivations are; I've learned to control myself. This is very useful as I can force myself to do whatever I want, for example become unafraid of an intense phobia - I used to be deathly afraid of heights, but I foced myself to go to really high places and stay there, now so that I love being high up.

I can act however fits my purpose (if I have one), being cold and calculative or warm and sociable.

I can play music by ear, also.

I can draw, sing, shoot a bow, etc.

[Edited on 7/3/2004 by Tyrhael]
Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 05:25
Wow! That's a lot of stuff! It's funny how some people can lie with a straight face, because I can't! Whenever I have to play this card game that you have to lie to win, I like can't keep a straight face when I lie. But I usually win is the weird thing. The trick is, you kinda make this face like you are supressing a smile when you aren't lying, then they call it on you, and they lose! Hehehe.....whoo...I'm gonna go settle down now...
erwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 05:57
I can think what another person is about to say. Which actually scares me. lol.

And also animals seem to like me. I guess it's the way I aproch them or something. They get all calm around me and never feel threatened. I love to go for walks in the woods. All the cute little animals are there! lol.

Let's see what else......I can walk down the stairs on my hands. lol
foreverelvish08
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2004 04:29
I play trumpet pretty well. I've won a few competitons. I think thats pretty good for an 8th grader. I can also play drums with my toes. It's really fun!! My other ability is Icanwrite fiction and poetry pretty well. I won the Young Poets Contest Primary Divison in 3rd Grade. My Alethic special ability is Blading. I'm learning flips right now. It's really hard.
:blush: I'll stop bragging now.
Laitina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 11:31
Well, I've lived in nine cities, five countries, and three continents, so I'm pretty good at speaking with different accents. What kinda sucks about it is I get tongue-twisted lots and even my closest friends notice my accenty-ness. >>;
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2004 05:50
I started precalculus in 7th grade in math
I can touch my tongue to my nose
I can tell what my friends are thinking, the 4 of us can read eachothers minds (it is sometimes scary, like when my friend was thinking of her grandmother's house and the other 3 of us completely described her grandmother's stairs, or when a friend thought of a completely random word,lampshade, and that word popped into my head)
I can also read over 10,000 words a minute and discribe what happened. People wouldn't beleive it was possible until I did it.
KeoLin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2004 09:30
I can write without looking at what I'm writing, which is great when coppying off boards although it does explain why my writing is illegible!

I can break anything, even stuff thats really hard to break. I can usually break it just by breathing on it or looking at it!:evil:

I feel your pain!!! If it's unbreakable, guranteed in my hands it's broken! We could break things together! A great circus act!! I will have to think about what else I can do...

I've never really thought about my own unique ability before. *thinks*
DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 02:37

I can also read over 10,000 words a minute and discribe what happened. People wouldn't beleive it was possible until I did it.

Wow! That's impressive!

As for me...I pick up languages pretty quickly...Especially the grammar and pronounciations. I can do a lot of different accents and I'm pretty good at picking them up by ear.

I have a double-jointed hip (or something like that, I don't know if it's really double jointed), but it's annoying because if I'm standing with most of my weight on one leg, my hip will pop out of place and I have to shift my weight all around to get it back.

I'm good with breaking codes and reading lips and things like that...sorta inferring words and stuff without really hearing/ seeing them.

I have an incredible talent towards clumsiness...Walking into, falling off of, tripping over, tumbling on, bumping into, or breaking various things.

As bad as it sounds, I'm a good liar...I know how that sounds, but I"m good at making up believable excuses and making up details on the spot etc. and saying things with a straight face.

I also have a relatively high pain/ discomfort tolerance...Like I hardly ever take pain killers or other meds and pokey, uncomfortable clothes or shoes don't really bother me.

Anyhow, that's me...I guarantee I could think of more odd things I do...But that's it for now...Before I start ramblilng too badly (another talent).
anais
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 06:14
ok...
well since i was very small (it sounds awfull in writing)i can suck my nose in so i can make this awfull grim on my face lol
and then,i have a great memory,i can learn any song after i heard it twice,and i can learn a language in two months,but what amases everyone it's how i've learned english.i didn't studied it in school like never and in an year i could speak it(of course i didn't knew many words buti could have started a conversation ,and i was 10)well i know that children learn very easy languages but anyway i've learnd it watching cartoons lol

DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 04:47
Oh, Anais, interesting, what was your first language?

I forgot one of my top talents (after clumsiness)...PROCRASTINATING!
anais
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 01:19
it is roumanian..
Pads
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 01:57
Well, I can play 3 instruments very well (Piano, Cello, Viola da gamba) and 3 others not quite as well (recorder, guitar, drums). I learned to read at the age of 3 and to read music when I was 3 1/2. I already played two instruments then.
I can speak 3 languages fluently with little accent (german, english, spanish) and I can understand and make myself understood in French and Italian.
I can bend and twist my fingers in very odd ways, which can come in handy while playing the piano and other instruments as my hands are pretty small, but I can spread them wider than many of my friends with bigger hands.
I can talk like a waterfall.
I'm very good at cheering up people.
I manage to run into everything and hurt me everywhere.
I'm able to make an incredible mess. (Great ability )
I memorise dialogues from films etc. very very quickly, after seeing them only once or twice, and after some time I usually know a movie by heart. And I start quoting it in all proper and improper situations
I can also play music by ear very easily, and I can also write (not very difficult things, I'm out of training) down while hearing them.
I can act and paint and I'm quite good at photography.

That's enough bragging for now, isn't it?
~One_of_the_Dunedain~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 10:13
Well, only one of these is uniqe(sp?)...

1well...everyone says I can sing really well...but I can't hear what they hear

2 I can act pretty well

3 I am a good writer

4 I'm pretty good at confusing people.

5 I'm kinda like Lady~Eowyn I have very short dreams at night and then in the next couple a days what I dreamt happens, and I'm like Deja-Vu! lol

aaaand thats about it
kunamagreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 02:39
wow, all you people's..dont think thats grammatically correct, but i think i made myself understood...talents are interesting..especially the bending finger ones, wicked
mine:
1. crack vocalist- i can listen to a song and perform it five minutes later...i can background improvise since i'm an alto and altos are good for nothing except background
2. draw horses- i cannot draw anything except horses, and i draw 'em pretty darn well too. was on a vacation in france, and was sitting in a restaurant, drawing in this little notebook..and a little girl..about 7-9, asked me for one of the horse sketches...kinda embarrassing..as its just a thing i do in maths class and at home.
3. spell very well- tell me a word and i'll spell it.
4. ride- as in horses.
5. animals like me- good skill to have, actually. i have a killer rooster that tried to skewer my brother once, and i can cradle him like a baby.

cheers
Deladrieng
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 10:50
wow! these things are u guys can do are kewl! lets see what i can do....
- i can play the piano really well
- i can play the violin... well.. sorta... lol
- i can think of what someone is going to say right before they say it. it scares me sometimes...
- i write fantasy
- i can make people laugh
- if you give me a minute to figure them out i can play video games really well
- im really athletic/energetic. i have a trampoline and i taught myself how to do a backflip and a front hand spring and i can jump up from my back onto my feet if that made any sense. but i can only do these on the trampoline.
ok. im done.

caffe lattes all around!
~Dela
MeriBrandagamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 02:28
I have a talent for making people laugh...Which I think leads to a lot of my other talents. Let's see...

1. Making vampire socks.
2. Making balloon animals.
3. Dressing up in random costumes (if you can count that as a talent...)
4. Writing.
5. Remembering things (Birthdays, names, random facts...)
Adanethian
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 10:45
I can draw or paint with my mouse on Photoshop, and I am quite emphatic. Oh yeah, and I can remember lots of things too, even those events back when I was a little kid.
Hyarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 08:12
Well, I'll list the normal stuff first. I'm quite good at picking up languages, especially if I'm exposed to them. Right now I'm learning German, Sindarin and maybe Latin. I'm listed among the top five German students in my city, which says alot. I can also pick up instruments very quickly (those that I have access to) and can quickly compose a song with limited elements. I have also quickly developed a strong singing voice (one month of practice). Now for the weirder stuff. I've got the nickname "elf" from my girlfriend and other friends at school because I have very acute hearing and can hear minute things that others cannot. I also have the ability to sense when there is energy in a room when nobody else is around. I am not very emotional, and when I am it's because something has happened and I have lost something that is very close to me. I typically tend to be a cheery person and do everything in my power to make someone at least smile to brighten their day
( Kitties!!!! ). I can also bend cutlery with only my mind. I'm one weird person, but that's why I'm so unique!
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 08:31
Well...i don't have any amazing talents really, no ability to bend spoons or anything!

-Sometimes i can tell peoples star signs without knowing their birthday after only knowing them a short time
-I have the longests tongue ever, i am yet to meet someone with one longer! lol
-I can communicate with my pet dog, can't rely explain how, i guess its body language more than anything.
-I can interpret my own dreams, sometimes they have saved me from people stabbing me in the back, I know when someones betraying me! And when someone is going to do something nasty...i knew when my boyfriend was going to finish things with us, i tried to tell my friends and there were like "No don't be silly" who was right ay?
-Oh and I'm reeeaally great at impressions, I imagine that i am the person and somehow it then just comes out just like them!

-Yeh, and I can kick guys butts at computer games, I'm the only girl I know that plays PC games, and guys are always shocked at how good I am, which I love
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 06:02
my talents? hrrmm...
i can dislocate my shoulders and cross my elbows behind my back
im good at drag racing,fishtailing,and genreally riding snowmobiles and 4-wheelers like a maniac....i have a serious need 4 speed...i remember i beat 4 of my guy friends in a snowmobile drag race, and i was on the roughest part of the course in the valley that we were in....one of my most fave memories...i consider this a talent
sazzra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2004 10:23
I feel less freaky now! I can weave my fingers into a braid like thing then write, turn my feet through more than 90degrees then walk (so it looks like my feet are on backwards) but the best talent of all is the ability to shout sooooo loud that I can be heard 3 floors away in the school where I teach:naughty:
aranelthedude
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 11:04
Oh no, I have like no unique ability, I'm just strange!
I can impersonate accents pretty well *still working on swedish* and I can sing like different people, lik I can do enya, madonna, Kelis, Annie Lennox, and well.... Its just bad cos I spend all my time impersonating people, I have really dodgy *aranel* accent/singing voice... It sounds like, Kelis, Madonna, and some soprano..... NOT GOOD!
i can do strange stuff with eyes, make em point different directions etc coz I have a squint.....
and thats really about it! I feel so v. v. v. small compared to you guys who can do all this great stuff *stares in awe*
Katya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 09:57
Well... I'm not sure about my unique ability. My sister says I write pretty good stories. My other sister says I paint pretty well (my younger brother gets those warhammer figures and he lets me paint the detail onto them).
I'm completely deaf but I've been brought up to talk, sign and lip-read, but I have no idea what my voice sounds like, I can also lip-read Russian and sort of speak it.
Everybody here has really cool things. I want super bendy fingers!
Hyarion
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 04:51
Oh, and I can also do a really good Gollum impression (scared this group of kids in a cave at a church camp earlier this year FUN!!). It's all about finding a nice, dark crevice and when they pass you say something really dark and spooky or you quote from the movie. They jump and look around and are all freaked out. Great fun. I also have developed my singing voice, I'm a decent tenor (need practice, but I'm getting there). I plan on learning some of these solos for the youth choir at church and trying out for a solo part, if I can get over my stage fright.
freakysoccer13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 02:35
Unique Talents... I am pretty good at playing the Oboe and the Flute. I have tought myself a couple Oboe solos from Lord of the Rings as well as Flute and Piccolo solos. I am curently teaching myself the Clarinet and i tought myself how to play Pep Band songs on the Trumpet. I am very good at keeping friends as well as making them. I am double jointed in my thumbs, my pinkies, and the top joints of my toes.

As bad as it sounds, I'm a good liar...I know how that sounds, but I"m good at making up believable excuses and making up details on the spot etc. and saying things with a straight face.

I got out of running a lap for chewing gum in Band, i told my teacher it was a cough drop and he believed me. now if that isn't good at lieing, then i don't know what else is!

I have made procrastination into an art form. i am so good at it, and usuallyget decent grades on the stuff i do. I did a whole semester's worth of math assignments in 3 days to get 10% added onto my final grade...

well, i believe that is about it.

Sara
DinenGlamor
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 05:55
I can lick my elbow as well!

I can figure skate quite well.

I can keep a straight face in any situation - seriously, if I decide not to smile, I don't, which is very useful when lying or acting!
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 10:55
Are there any specific talents that God has gifted you with? Like mine is working with horses and writing stories.
Arfean
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 09:13
I am not that special really:

I am pretty good at languages if I want to learn
I can sing more or less decently
I can make people mortally afraid of me by my strange Gollum/elf fits
I am a good liar because of my sweet 'innocent' eyes
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2004 09:41
I've learned how to write with both of my hands, as well as write in mirror image, sort of like daVinci did, with my left-hand. My sister also says I do pretty decent Gollum impressions with my voice.
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 07:56
I can singbackwards... sound hilarious I've been told...

And I can work any horse. even those that hate men melt for me...
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 02:03
Oh yes, God has given me 2 very special abilities:

1.I can work with any kind of animal really well. Rats, cats, dogs, snakes, lizards, birds, anything. You name it...I can tame it.

2.When I was little, I loved animals so much (and still do) that I wanted to be one....a cat or a dog specifically. So I started running around the house, jumping up on things, and eating like a cat or a dog. Soon enough, I was able to do almost anything those two animal types can do. I can jump over a 4 1/2-5 ft. tall object on all fours. I can lap water and eat like a dog/cat. And I can win any race if I run on all fours. Yep...it's all true......and I still do it to this day. It turns faces all right....
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 03:49
My mom and friends say that I'm really good when it comes to writing a story or anything with writing.

Also I'm not the greatest artist, but I'm a bit better than my classmates in art class. But there are a few that are just as good if not better. And of course it depends on what we're drawing. So.... I'll say I'm good at drawing manga!!!

I'm also really good at memorizing things. I once memorized an enitre play I was in, unfortunatrely I was the only one who did! lol...
Silmaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 06:28
I can draw and learn languages easily. I have this weird ability were I know what other people are thinking or about to say. ESP I think it's called. It works on my twin all the time, sometimes on other people.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 03:49
- I use Tengwar fluently; I know their names, etc.

- I can sing well, I can also work out tunes by ear from a single hearing

- I have a photographic memory (Probably why I know Tengwar)

- I can sit on my hair when I sit down.

- I can wind people up right to the point were they're about to explode, where upon I smile sweetly and let them settle down again before winding them up again... And I've survived 16 years of doing this to my father. :evil:
keylei_of_mirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 11:30
i have received prophetic dreams (but it probably happens to everyone.) i get deja vu on a regular basis. (same time.)

i can put my heels on my shoulder blades and i can put my toe around my back to my ear.

i can read people easily.
~keylei
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email