Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
aelin~uial
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What's Your unique ability?
on: March 02, 2005 02:47
Hmmm... lets see. I can sing harmony to a song after only hearing it once. I can make myself feel hot or cold to the touch by merely thinking about it. I'm pretty good at writing, stories, reports, etc. I think thats about it. I'm not very talented.
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 08:56
Well, I can climb trees pretty good, I always loved to do that.
I work pretty well with kids, and cats too.

I pretty creative, I like making costumes and such. Oh, and I can sit on top of the heating with my legs crossed.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 09:42
I can make up song parodies off the top of my head, and often start singing them at random times.

I've been told that I have a lot of talent in writing.

I've got a wonderful memory.

I can play melodies on a piano after hearing a song (in other words, I don't usually need sheet music to get the notes right)

That's all I can think of at the moment
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 01:15
Well,
- I have a very good Gollum voice
- I can spin a basketball on one finger, but that comes out of practice.
- I can write pretty good stories and poems
- I can fit lots of things onto my wrist (braceltets, watches) and take them off without undoing them.
- My finger nails grow pretty quickly and I don't really need to file them
- I can move my ears
- I can make my eyes move in different directions

Other than that, I'm pretty average.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 03:50
I can make up song parodies off the top of my head, and often start singing them at random times.

Oh yeah, I can do that, too. I've never let anybody know about it until now, though; I like to keep my songs to myself.

And LotrLuva - you can wiggle you ears? Cool!!
9digithobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 03:59
hmm unique abilities... I'm sure none of these are actually unique...
I'm a good writer, I can play the viola pretty well, I can memorize stuff (I have several hours of song and poetry in memory, plus thousands of book and movie quotes, enough that I could speak exclusively in quotes if I wanted to) I can remember things from when I was less than a year old, I have most of the map of my county in my head so I can get around really well, I drive extremely well (I have survived some things that should have wrecked me...) I can think and act really fast when my life is in danger, although not so fast at any other times (I have survived a lot of stuff that should have killed me) In fact I think I could say that my ability to survive is a unique talent. I am a very good military tactician and strategist, I can climb mountains in the dark (don't say it ain't hard until you try it!) I can do the work of a bloodhound (I can track someone by smell, I can sniff out a book that has been held recently...), and I am experienced in most of the skills of urban adventures... oh and I can remember some of my past lives.
EldarChild
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 03:36
Um let's see.

* I can fit my entire fist in my mouth (though it did get stuck once)

*I can roll my tongue, flip it sideways (apparently some people can't do that?)

*I can place my palms flat down on a surface and roll my arms to where the inside of my elbows are facing up

*Apparently I can put my foot behind my head, but it was a dare and after a long night of dancing so I was probably just really stretched out

*I'm an empath too and really good with animals (especialy people's 'unsociable' pets)

* I can read backwards and upside down (I can write backwards and upside down too)

*I can write legibly without looking at the paper

*I can write with my left and hand (I'm right handed) a little with my foot

*I type SUPER fast (I need to time how fast sometime)

* I have premonitions, 'sixth sense' feelings, de-ja-vu, and stuff like that a lot

*I'm electrical, like it's some sort of imbalance or something but EVERYTHING shocks me an I zap stuff (from people to appliances with 'dead' batteries [which start working])

*Um not sure it's an ability but I've survived a lot of 'near death' things...I think it's just because God has somethin' he wants me to do with my life. It has given me 'who cares' attitude that helps a lot!

Yeah, ok that's like MORE than enough.

[Edited on 15/3/2005 by EldarChild]
netholas_son_of_legolas1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2005 06:15
That's a lot of abilities...

My abilities lie in writing. I am good at expressing thoughts on paper and I'm good at poetry too.

I wonder what abilities everyone would like to have? I've wanted to be able to turn invisible sometimes or to turn myself into someone else. That would be pretty cool...
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 06, 2006 12:11
I think the majority of my talent lies in my voice. Ive been singing since I was about 3 years old and just never stop!! :love: (nope, not going to tell you how many solos and stuff... just know that I sing almost constantly, and it pays off! )

I am starting to discover my writing ability. Ive always been really good at any prompts given to me, (fiction, non-fiction, poems, ect. on just about any topic) but I've never really written anything on my own, till now. Ive written several songs (only one has music at the moment), and ive also discovered a new love for RPGing.

I also played basketball from 2nd-8th grade, which is my best sport.... my most frequent position is foreward, but I have been center. I havent played during high school for lack of time, and to avoid some really lousy team mates... plus high school ball takes all the fun out of playing.... way too competitive.
Im ok at volleyball and swimteam, but not like basketball.

I can wiggle my ears!! :rolling:
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2006 11:02
I can sing a whole song, with no mistakes after listening to it once, (though I think my voice is terrible).
I know its gross but I can touch my nose with my tongue!
I seem to attract (in every way possible) weird people. Whether they're crazy or creepy I know them! Its like I have a magnet for them, and I think its hereditory, because my parents and grandparents all pick up tons of weird characters too. I don't think its really a good thing, though.
SeenZ
The Voice in Aragorn`s Head
Send Message
on: February 23, 2006 08:56
I have a unique ability! I can touch my left index finger to the back of my hand :disco:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2006 10:14
Unique abilitys eh?
I know what people are going to say before they say it.
I know what happens on sites other then where I am.
I have future memories which are as clear as my past memories that is over 90
years of memory and I haven't quite been here 45 years.
I can do remote healing all I need is a name and an image, though at times
the healing takes months. or years to complete...
I am an empath.
I understand the languages of rocks and trees....
If I really want something I get it withoout buying it in six months or less; sometimes it is placed in my path on the ground, sometimes a stranger hands
it to me...
My life is not my own, this I know because I have died three times already
and I was promised that the next time I would not have to come back!
I see people in the worlds paralel to this one...

That is to say I am a Shaman and I have met other Shamans who have the same talents... so how unique is that?
I've met 20 other people with the same set of talents or gifts that I have...
so I suppose it is a select group...

Oh and I can come off sounding arrogant but I'm not.

Lurearanel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 08:50
Unique, now that's a word I hear alot so maybe it applies to me...lol.
I can make my tongue belly-dance (wierd but true).
I can program my mind to wake up at a certain time and I do and using the same skill (if you can call it a skill) I can usually come to within 5 minutes of telling the time without seeing a clock for several hours.
I don't get lost easily, in fact it use to be a game of mine to try to get lost in a big city and I would always find my way back to a main road and know where I was.
The wierdest thing I do, though, is dream about stuff before it happens although when I dream, I'm the one something is happening to but usually in reality it is happening to someone esle. I think of it as God trying to get me to pray for someone or some situation so that's usually what I do when that happens.
Drauglin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 04:03
The wierdest thing I do, though, is dream about stuff before it happens although when I dream, I'm the one something is happening to but usually in reality it is happening to someone esle.

That happens to me too, there was a time when it happened every dingle day. It is always about me, and almost always the most insignifigant things. Like buying cheese fries or watching Last Comic Standing with my parents. I guess it's kinda cool (but weird) to have deja vu every day.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: July 15, 2006 05:59
I can work well with horses.
I sometimes have deja vu, but I dream about it, and then when the deja vu hits I can't remember what the dream was about.
I can ride my bike without the handlebars all the way to the library (about 1/2 of a mile).
I seem to attract weird people too. All my friends are weird, but in a good way.
Meshigener
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 05:53
I can use my feet like hands.
MelannenBrennilAelwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 26, 2007 11:20
well, ok, unique; I guess I am somewhat of a pre-cog, not a real strong one, but when it involves high emotions (boy I could tell ya stories...whoa!), I tend to be one. I am what is called a 'sensitive' to to others emotions, whether they be open and public or hidden and quiet. I am also able to discern certain things about someone's personality having to do with motives or reactions in certain situations. Now if you are referrin' to talents for unique abilities, I have a fascinating ability to pick up any knowledge related to all art forms and demonstrate them on my own with relative ease and not a lot of teaching. Just an example so you know what I mean: I taught myself the basic stitch for knitting by looking it up in an Encyclopedia. Anyway, there are several more, but I won't list them here.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2011 12:27
I got quite a few talents:

I can recite the alphabet backwards without hesitation

I can hula hoop quite well (won a contest doing that!)

I can write and come up with creative ideas (not me saying; I'm quoting others)

I can fix things

I can cook and clean very well

Some gifts I have:

I can make almost any animal come to me (we've ended up with a few strays that way)

My mom says I have a way with people

I have a knack for picking strange people to be friends with

some gifs I'd rather not have:

I can tell when it's going to rain hours before it happens (my head starts throbbing)

I have the ability to stay up without sleep for days on end

Thats all I can think of for now
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 11:16
Uhh...I can climb trees really fast without hesitating, umm...I can also stay up for days without sleeping, Caden, and I'm really acrobatic.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2011 09:30
I'm double-jointed, I can do a 99% King Julien impression, 95% Jonas Brothers impressions (all three of them); I can almost touch my wrist with my thumb, I did cartwheels before I injured my waist (it's better now), I can sing, play guitar, write, act (a little); I can't dance or whistle, but give me a piano and a tune and I will be playing it in less than 45 minutes (took me less to learn Requiem for a Dream and The Shire theme).

~Frodo (the Second)
Galadeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2011 10:42
I can move my forefingers' first phalanx back and fourth... like they were "nodding" fingers
And I can raise my eyebrows one at a time, and keep raising them, first one, then the other one, then still the first one and so on... like Ace Ventura used to do in his movies! LOL
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: July 12, 2011 11:11
I can smile diagonally.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: July 18, 2011 09:12
I can wiggle my ears both together and independently.
Andowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2011 04:54
I read, a lot. (In July I read 33)
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: What
on: April 27, 2012 04:59
Hmmm... I don't know if this counts, but i can play the Irish Tin Whistle with my nose, recite the periodic table of elements, and recite 23 digits of pi.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2012 12:11
Well, I have a glass eye, and so sometimes when I'm looking around, it sticks so that my right eye is looking off in a completely different direction than my left eye. It's pretty funny to see people's reactions. Not in a mean way, though.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2012 11:29
WOW, that is AMAZING GotPrecious! I should work on the periodic table of elements myself
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2012 07:09
I can play an Ocarina (of Time), and can play almost all the songs from the Legend of Zelda game of the same name!!
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2012 04:26
Cool!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2012 06:12
I can bend the top part of my middle finger, raise on eyebrow higher then the other (and do Elrond eyebrows!), wiggle both my ears together or one at a time.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2012 07:53
People say that I am double-jointed in my fingers because I can bend them backwards almost double
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2012 09:21
My unique ability is being awesome lol!
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2012 02:05
My unique ability....hhmmmmmm.....
i suppose it would be completely memorizing songs i like after listening to them once. dunno if that counts.
oh yeah and writing novels. i seem to be able to that without any difficulty.
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2012 03:25
^ That's really cool! So, you can hear a song one time and then sing it back? Awesome!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2012 09:07
I sometimes dream about something before it happens, even like an exact conversation with someone. If that counts
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email