<< First910111213
Author Topic:
AvalonEstel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hug-Giving Thread...another bright idea from Elvy and Fosh
on: March 10, 2005 08:58
Hugs to all! :hug:

I think I need a hug, because I'm so frazzled lately! Homework (annoying chemical bonds...), I'm attempting to finish a novel I've been working on by May, and I'm having slight family problems. :cry:
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 09:41
Big huggles ( :hug: ) to AvalonEstel, LotrLuva, and everybody else!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 01:41
Thanks, foolofatook. Huggles to you! :hug:
AvalonEstel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 02:39
:hug: Aw, thanks, foolofatook~! I feel loved! :love:
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 02:53
And hugs to you too, Avalon Estel! :hug: :hug:
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 03:47
You're welcome and big huggles to LotrLuva, AvalonEstel, and everybody else who needs a huggle!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 05:28
Wow, what a bunch of huggles!

Well, here's a huggle for everyone and double huggles for people who really need one today! :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sam_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 07:45
Special huggles for Annûniel :hug::love: And a round of huggles for everyone who has made me feel welcome here since I joined.:hug: Caring huggles for those coping with losses and troubles currently :hug:

-Sam
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 06:09
not sure if this thread isstill open, but i could use a hug. i just got 7% on a test i REALLY needed to pass for my degree
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 09:37
:cry::cry::cry: theres so many people here I havent seen in forever! :cry: Well huggles to everyone :hug:

Heres a special one for you, Ithilion :hug: et: I hope you do well :hug:
Rebecca_C
CoE Volunteer & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 10:26
I've been looking for this thread for ages, ithilion. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope it goes better next time, and you can have another go at this test! :hug:
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 11:30
Im new to this thread, so I'm giving hugs to anyone who needs it. :hug: :hug:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 07:22
I have been having lots of trouble concentrating on my math homework lately and its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!! I want to be good with my math, I want to get into college but I can't if I don't understand what the heck I'm doing!
I've been trying hard, but if I complete a page of math and the next day do another I usually forget what it was that I was supposed to do and have to get retold exactly what I'm doing. I have recently been getting better, but I just need some hugs right now.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 11:22
Here's a big hug, Elfmaid. Do you always have trouble concentrating or are you superstressed at present? Would vitamins help maybe?

Newsgirl, you look as if you need a ton of Kleenex as well as a hug.

Ithilion, you must have been mortified when you got your result. I do hope you get to have another shot at it.

Huggles all round.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 12:02
thanks for the hugs cirdaneth, I think I just get stressed every time I see all those numbers! :dizzy: Well, concentration is key, I'll just have to keep at it.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Shiggy
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 04:07
*huggles elfmaiden*
golden_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 04:58
*huggles Elfmaiden, too!* :hug:
And a hug for Ithilion :hug:
And one for Newsgirl :hug:
and some for everyone!!! :hug: :love: :hug: :heart:

golden!
Skadhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2007 07:07
I'm having a tough time at school right now. Most peeps are being cruel to me for reasons unknown:cry:. I'm just too sensitive, I guess. I feel like Smeagol at the moment. I need a hug,*sniff* I'm feeling so angsty.
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2007 09:53
*is hugged*
*feels special*
*passes it on*

Aw skadhi et: Well then, you get extra hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

to lorien: :hug:
for shiggy: :hug:
and Elfmaiden: :hug:
and Cirdaneth :hug:

And everyone else of course! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Skadhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2007 11:37
Oh, I love this thread! I feel so much better now!
*hugs everyone, hugs Newsgirl so hard she chokes!*
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 07:56
I'm really having a tough time. My beloved orange tabby cat, Niels, passed away earlier today. I had Niels for about 12 yrs and he was very special to me. He was the best cat ever. He was so good-natured and friendly and he was always by my side. He had personality in spades. I really don't know what I will do without him.
Skadhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 08:17
Aww, I know how it feels to lose a much loved pet, Truegirl. I've had to go through the trauma of losing three. And we're on the verge of losing another, my cat Bilbo.
Hope a couple of hugs make you feel better! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 10:43
Here's a gentle comforting hug, Truegirl, from someone who has known that sadness. Pets ... people ... it can seem like a long life of goodbyes. It's good to know there were lots of hellos too ... so hello to all of you and many hugs of course, to all who need them.
ClumsyElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 12:11
Gives huggies to every one!!!:heart::love: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

SARAH
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 12:29
Aww, I know how it feels to lose a much loved pet, Truegirl. I've had to go through the trauma of losing three. And we're on the verge of losing another, my cat Bilbo.
Hope a couple of hugs make you feel better!
Thanks for the hugs, Skadhi. I'm sorry to hear about your little cat, Bilbo. My thoughts go out to you, too. :hug:

Here's a gentle comforting hug, Truegirl, from someone who has known that sadness. Pets ... people ... it can seem like a long life of goodbyes. It's good to know there were lots of hellos too ... so hello to all of you and many hugs of course, to all who need them.
Thanks for the kind words, cirdaneth. The goodbyes are so very hard. Niels is going to be especially hard to let go of because he was always there no matter what I was doing. He always greeted me at the door and he insisted on "helping" me with whatever task I happened to be working on. I miss him so much.

Anyway, warm hugs to all who may need them. :hug:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 12:33
hugs for Truegirl, sorry I'm a bit late about it. :hug:
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 10:16
*is choked*
I'm sorry truegirl! :hug: :hug: :hug:
Hugs for everyone! :hug: :hug:
Jozy
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 10:37
:hug: I have a cat, truegirl, and I couldn't imagine him gone, no matter how smelly he gets... big hug! :hug:
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 06:26
ElfmaidenofLorien, newsgirl, Jozy....
Thanks for the hugs.

Boy, it's been a bad, bad week for me. In addition to losing my little cat, I had to have my 30 yr old mare put down yesterday. I got a call from the barn where I board her that she was down in the field and wouldn't get up. We tried everything -- even tried hoisting her up with the tractor to get her on her feet, but I guess it was just her time. The vet came out and euthanized her. I sat out in the field with her stroking her face with the snow falling all around us. She was the best mare ever...she really was. She took such good care of me out on the trails. She didn't have a mean bone in her body. She was the first horse I ever owned. I bought her when she was 17. She would have been 31 this May. Man, I can't keep losing animals like this.
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 08:24
Oooh Truegirl I'm so sorry! Thats horrid about your mare! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hugs for you: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 08:28
Truegirl, I just don't know what to say, except that this must be awful for you. I read your post shed tears. I just couldn't believe it. Bless you and big hugs.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 08:49
Always painful. So sorry to hear of your losses, Truegirl. I had a year like that, dog, cat, and horse all within a few months time. Very painful, but I wouldn't stop sharing my life with critters because of it. Sometimes you forget how animals age so much faster than us. 30 is really old and when it's their time, they have to go. Mine died at about 21 and I felt awful because it was from some stomach ailment after eating bedding straw. Kicked myself all over for that one. So hard when they can't tell you what's wrong and you have to guess. All my heartfelt sympathy and empathy goes to you.
Halbarad_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 04:54
*Huggs* Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you had a lot of good times though. I remember my old hamster "hammy". He was so cool.
P.S. hugs to everyone!
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 10:31
newsgirl, cirdaneth, BelleBayard, Halbarad_Dunedain....
Thank you all for the hugs and kind words.

Always painful. So sorry to hear of your losses, Truegirl. I had a year like that, dog, cat, and horse all within a few months time. Very painful, but I wouldn't stop sharing my life with critters because of it. Sometimes you forget how animals age so much faster than us. 30 is really old and when it's their time, they have to go. Mine died at about 21 and I felt awful because it was from some stomach ailment after eating bedding straw. Kicked myself all over for that one. So hard when they can't tell you what's wrong and you have to guess. All my heartfelt sympathy and empathy goes to you.
Oh, that must have been an awful time for you, Belle. Yes, 30 is quite old for a horse. I am grateful that my Dawn had a good, long life and that she passed in the beautiful rolling fields she knew as home. She was on "field-board" so she spent her days and nights with several other horses in a huge, rolling pasture surrounded by woods with a creek running through it. It was as natural a setting as any horse could wish for. She seemed very happy out there. I really hope she was happy. You know what's really hard? My little cat, Niels, would have been such a comfort to me through this. He would have greeted me at the door and followed me around like a puppy, giving me his little "head-butts" and "talking" to me. I miss them both so very, very much.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 01:30
Wow!! Someone found this thread again. Dear FoshpickleGreenleaf and her friend started it eons ago. Fosh was a member of Nienna and we have the self same thread in the Realm, thanks to them.

Huge :hug:s to everyone. Losing pets is heartbreaking and those with worries. Hope they soon disappear and/or resolve themselves.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
<< First910111213
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email