Register

Author Topic:
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: You Know You're A Roleplaying Addict - Reloaded
on: April 17, 2006 06:41
YKYARPA when...

You get excited about the super character customization options on Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion because now you can make a your favorite RP character. And then you freak out when you see them alive on the screen, moving around and looking... real. !
Sarobandago
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 09:46
ykyarpa
when

you went to sleep thinking about how you could try to save a thread that you aren't even in.

you wait for more people to post on a rp that you aren't even in.

you think about rping for more than 16 hrs. a day.

(Guilty to all.)

-Saro
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 11:45
YKYARPA when you swear you won't go on the computer and you do it anyway

when you check your PMs/threads every five minutes to see if someone wants to join your game

when you spend the entire day believing you are your character

when you go around the house babbling to yourself about your RPG even when you aren't on the computer.

when you miss every second on your RPG when you're away from it, even if staring at the screen gives you a headache

*guilty to all of the above and i agree with everything Saro posted, coz i am guilty of it too.

[Edited on 6/29/2006 by Aravis17]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2006 07:21
When you are waiting for everyone else to update...no one does, and by some odd fluke you fall asleep, and then when you wake up you relise that everyone has updated and left you behind! So you update and go cry infront of the computer because you had a really cool idea that never got used.

He he, I'm guilty of that one!
Legolass_Leading_Lady
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2006 02:44
YKYARPA when...

1. You yell at the computer because it won't load the thread fast enough
2. You start cursing at the computer because you accidentally clicked on the wrong thing and it iwill now take longer to get to the thread
3. Your RP character becomes your imaginary friend and you go to that character for counseling and advise.
4. When you begin to fall in love with the character your character is in love with
5. When you almost bite someone's head off because they interrupted you when you were reading/ writing a new post in a thread

all of these apply to me except for numbers 3 and 4 and i'm proud of it!!
Aylaleia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2006 12:26
YKYARPA when...

...you ask a friend if her charrie is available for a moment so you can ask his advice on something.

...you spend an hour (or more!) talking to the charrie as yourself about a certain issue.

...you take the advice he gives (TY, Elly darling! :love: You're so clever!).

...the advice of a charrie makes more sense than any given to you by other friends.

...you enjoy chatting with the charries just as much as you do their writer. As yourself. More than your own charries do sometimes.

...you have no trouble whatsoever keeping OOC chatting out of the thread, but enjoy the OOC just as much (and sometimes more) than the actual writing of the thread.

...have deliberate fun poking a charrie just to get them to OOC because it's utterly hilarious to watch them angst. (Ro darling, you're so *cute* when you're flustered!!)

...you spend hours researching an obscure factoid, not because you're interested in it, but because your charrie is.

Guilty on all counts. :evil:

Peace!

Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2006 11:19
YKYARPA when...

...you've sat here all day, doing nothing, and hoping someone would post.

And they DON'T!
Maralyn_Imladiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2007 09:59
This thread totally needs to be revived. o.O

YKYARPAW...

- You think it would be an awesome idea if your favorite RP was turned into a movie.

- You spend hours on the comp searching for actors/actresses who are 'worthy' to play your charries in said movie.

- You're watching LotR (for the billionth time) and you happen to fall in love with a random person who only appears for a few seconds. You then proceed to give that person a name, history, etc. so he/she can become your next favorite RP charrie.

- You're convinced that your charries are real (inside your head, anyway), and regularly bring up their names in front of people who don't even RP.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 06:24
YKYARPAW...

- when you spend the hours preceding an important party writing a long post.
- when you bring up rpging with a person who hasn't read/seen LotR and hates writing.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 07:16
YKYARPAW when...

> You're at work and you should be working, but you're either working on rpg posts or reading them instead :rolling:

> The idea of your charrie's death really actually makes you sad enough to cry.
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2008 06:55
YKYARPAW:

You just started RPing, and already have 4 characters, and several in the works.

You see someones name, or last name, and immediately write them down, cause they will be a great name for a new character!

You tell people, total strangers even, about your characters, and their personalities and histories.

Your coworkers ask you how your characters are doing, even though they don't really care.
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2008 06:41
LOL! Omg, I haven't been on here in forever, and I've only one RP going right now, but everything still applies. Now I must contribute...

YKYARPAW you have a crush on an RP char and spend all day day dreaming about him.

if someone asked you about a given character, you could give a monolouge for approximately half an hour on the char's history, friends, family, and personal preferences.

you started talking about an RP character one time, and your friend thought it was someone you really knew.

you were introduced to someone once and actually gave them your username for a RPing site.

your brother (who really doesn't give a darn) asks you about your characters, and you somehow sucker him into rping with you by intriguing him with a good story.

your friend-- a nonrper-- gets mad at you when you don't keep her up to date on your rp because it has such a good plot.

Guilty to all. And happier for it.
PrincessEruwaedhiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2008 07:40
lol! guilty on all charges! I'm the worst!

how about YKYATRPW your bestest friend is constantly asking about your/her favorite charrie but never about you?
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: August 25, 2008 10:04
This is a true one:

YKYARPA when your characters are going to Moria (see Retaking Khazad-Dum) and you watch the scene in FotR where the fellowship is attacked by the Watcher in the Water, and you break out in a cold sweat, fearing what is to come.
Savior5467
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2009 05:11
YKYARPAW someone you rp with that you never met in real life dies and you mourn as if they were closer than your family and ignore your family and wonder if they were a Christian like you are so you can see them again.

Guilty, and proud of being saved by Christ.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 13, 2010 06:14
YKYARPA When you start thinking though your actions like you're typing a post. (Lucy Took walks over to the fridge,opens the door and gets out a jug of milk...)
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: You Know You
on: April 26, 2012 08:59
Or if your playing a MUD, then go on CoE and are about to type out something like "Tell Lucy_Took Hello."
Larien Arnatuile
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2012 12:31
Or if you think that about your friends actions
There's a lot of truth in fiction. Be you- everybody else is taken
ZeldaGeek4eva
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2012 08:25
When you start a virtual adventure!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
YKYARPA when you join every RP on the site, make a couple, and rejoice when you join an RP ahead of your friend for 24 hours.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

When you start to introduce your little sister to RPing so she can be prepared when she joins CoE in two and a half years.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
When you find yourself so emotionally invested in your characters' lives that causing them pain literally makes you cry. A lot. Especially bad if you're even thinking about your RPs in a public place, where crying would be embarrassing. Really embarrassing.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
When you plan a character's death at the beginning of the thread hoping you will be done crying by the time you get there. But somehow you just know you will still cry.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When your starting to wonder if eight RP's is enough, or should you add more...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
when you develop a character for an RP not expecting to write much for them, and having them develop into a deep character, and they have offspring that you develop in other RPs, and the back story gets fleshed out..... and so on.

Or... getting attached to NCEs you create and intend to use for a post or two, and THEY become major central characters.....

[Edited on 02/21/2015 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
When you can't stop making RP characters because it is sooooo fun.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When new ideas for your favorite character just keep popping up...
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
When you can't pick a favorite character.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When one of your greatest frustrations is when people rapid-fire post in the thread while you are gone, and you get way behind.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
When you like rabid-fire posting that way one can read more

Ah ha an opposite Maxie!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I don't like it because I get behind and there's no way to get fully caught up. I actually think there's a rule about it?

When coming onto CoE becomes a daily routine so you can get caught up with the RPs.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
There is a rule about *machine-gun* posting, one post rapidly after another. It does refer to the Games in order to give other players a chance to play. Maybe a PM to a Mod regarding this is in order.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
7 posts per day per member, we have never exceeded that amount.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Really? I don't think I could do 7 posts a day unless it would be just a few sentences each.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Well when one is involved in more than one RP
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email