Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2728293031Last >>
Author Topic:
Oskimo12
Council Member
Send Message
I was "offline" for a while but it's nice to see that so many new people have joined the council.

[Edited on 07/16/2014 by Oskimo12]
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey! Great to see you here again!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, everyone, and welcome back, Oskimo!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
xyouricybluesx
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!

I'm new to the forum so I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a fan of LotR for a couple years now since my father took me to see the movies when they were released. I'm currently reading Lord of the Rings and I have wanted to know more about Elvish for quite some time now so I'm excited I found this website!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hello xyouricybluesx!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello xyouricybluesx, welcome to CoE! Enjoy the books, they're wonderful, as you'll discover soon . You've definitely come to the right place to find out more about Elvish!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE xyouricybluesx! So glad you're here with us.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
wonderfulwillows
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!! I am new to this site but not new to Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I have been learning more and more about Tolkin's world but I have never learned elvish. I also didn't know if I wanted to learn Quenya or Sindarian. But then after some more research on elves, I know a Noldorian elf was best for me. My elven name is Tavaril and it means Spirit of woods. I have red hair and green eyes. The green eyes are a unusual trait but not unheard of. My favorite lotr/Hobbit character is Lagolas (go figure). But the Noldorian elves typically were known for speaking Quenya. I will probably learn this as my primary language but Sindarian as my second because when the Noldo were sent to Middle Earth, this is the form they used.

Thanks!!
~Tavaril
~Tavaril ********* Member of the Realm of Oromë ****** Alámendë
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Tavaril/wonderfulwillows! Glad to see you chose Quenya to learn, hope you have fun with the language and enjoy your time on the site as well
finnr_sig
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome everyone!!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome wonderfulwillows. Good luck learning Elvish!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings wonderfulwillows! Have fun learning Elvish.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello to all newbies! We are very glad to have you here!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwaedhiel of Mirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: August 03, 2014 08:46
Pardon me if I don't fill this out right.
Name:Eruwaedhiel(Elizabeth) of Mirkwood but please call me Eruwaedhiel.
Where are you from: I am from Texas
How did you find CoE:I was looking for fonts to download to my computer and I came across this splendid site.
What are your hobbies and interests: Besides J.R.R Tolkien I'm pretty simple. I love archery which not to gloat but I'm pretty decent I think. I ride my horses often, I'm pretty outdoorsy. I go hunting all the time, I prefer my bow over a gun though. Umm.. I normally just work on the family ranch. I have a real love for animals.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies: Yes I have read all of the books and seen all of the movies so far.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE: None that I can think of really. So far it's pretty straight forward.

Thank You!
~Eruwaedhiel
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Hey Eruwaethiel, of all the websites in all the world you end up here. Who'd a thunk it? Welcome to CoE and have a great time here.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Eruwaedhiel!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Eruwaedhiel of Mirkwood, welcome to CoE! I don't often see newbies who found our site while looking for fonts, but we do have them .! Glad you joined, enjoy your membership and in the words of one of our late moderators: carry on, teehee!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome to all newbies. Hope you all enjoy yourselves.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! I'm new here, so I thought I'd drop a post to introduce myself!
Name: OneSizeFitsAll, but I know that's really long to type, so I don't mind if you would just call me by my nickname, Gem.
Age: Umm...older than 13 but younger than 23. Will that do? I don't like telling how old I am...
Where I'm from: The eastern US. I hate being specific, so...let's leave it at that.
How I found CoE: An internet acquaintance on FanFiction.net told me about it.
What are my hobbies/interests: Writing, reading, knitting (I know, I'm weird), the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Tolkien, obviously.
And yes, I have seen all the LOTR and Hobbit movies so far, and read both books, plus most of the Silmarillion.
So...I'm on here mainly to learn Sindarin and to have a good time. Nice to meet all of you!
-Gem
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome OneSizeFitsAll!
No need to tell us anything you don't feel comfortable with . As long as you're over 13, you're very welcome to be on our site.
Oh, you think knitting is a weird hobby? You haven't seen what some of our members do . Enjoy learning Sindarin!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings Gem! You think knitting is weird. I twist foil into different shapes.
SilverleafArtist
Council Member
Send Message
Post Greetings from a CoE newbie!
on: August 10, 2014 12:16
Hello and well met! I'm new to the CoE but I've been a devoted reader of the LOTR trilogy for over 3 decades. I am an artist and art/ceramics instructor as well as a cultivator of vegetables and medicinal herbs and plants. Seriously, this is what I do.

I look forward to learning and sharing!
Trust your journey............
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi SilverleafArtist, welcome to CoE! It looks like you've got a job that must be your passion as well. Sounds great ! Enjoy your membership.
alatar_pallando
Council Member
Send Message
Vande omentaina, elen sila lumenn' omentielvo! I'm new! I've been interested in LOTR for a couple of years. I've read LOTR, TH, TS and am reading UT. All my friends think I'm weird because I'm vegan and I want to become fluent in Quenya and Sindarin. I like reading drawing and insulting my enemies (and friends) in Elvish
“Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello alatar_pallando, welcome to CoE!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Silverleaf and Alatar!
papples
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! I'm a very private person and don't like giving out personal information on the internet... (You know what I mean), but I've filled out the form as best I can. (Or would you even call it a form? More like a guided introduction...)

Name: Juts call me papples! (Yes, I know that the auto-correct on my name is extremely annoying, so if you want to, you can also call me apples.)

Where I am from: The Middle of Earth.

How I found CoE: I was interested in learning Elvish, and was Google searching it, and I found this site. (I only like to use sites that look nice and official, and I thought this one wasn't bad. Actually, it's extremely helpful.)

My hobbies and interests: Photography, video games, arcade games (specifically Pac-Man and Galaga), camping, beach sports, Tolkien, LotR, The Hobbit, art, Irish Dance, and a bunch of other random stuff. I'm pretty outdoorsy but I also like video games... If only we could actually see the screens outside. Oh well.

Pet Peeves: Auto-correct, people who use incorrect grammar/spelling, and, most of all BEING INTERRUPTED! Haha, no big deal though. (Or is it? O_o)

I have seen all of the LotR/Hobbit movies, I've read The Hobbit, and I am reading the LotR trilogy. (I'm on the Fellowship.)

My top 5 favorite characters in order from favorite to least favorite:
-Legolas
-Gandalf
-Elrond
-Samwise
-Sméagol

No, I don't have any questions. Thanks!

-papples

[Edited on 08/11/2014 by papples]
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.
papples
Council Member
Send Message
Oh wait, I do have one question. Is there any way to insert emoticons without going back and editing your message? Or do you have to type them manually?

Thanks!
-papples

[Edited on 08/11/2014 by papples]
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Papples! I will let Gondolinian answer you question because I don't know. How does one insert emoticons in a quick reply?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE everybody! I hope y'all have a great time here!
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Hi Papples! You may manually insert the smilies or, at the top of each thread is a button called "Add Reply". Click that and you'll get a new dialog box with the smilies listed at the top. Also, that box has a "Preview" feature which is great when typing a long post or checking to see that your link works.
papples
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks everyone! I can tell that this site is great, everyone seems really friendly!

-papples
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi papples, welcome to CoE! Your question has already been taken care of by NenyaGold, but I'd like to add you can also edit a post by hitting the 'edit' button on top of it, once you've posted. That way you avoid double posting, which is against the rules (one of my pet peeves, hah! ).
Don't hesitate to check out the language forums if you want to get to know some other Elvish students. We've got a big and friendly community so dive right in and have fun!
papples
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks again! Everyone is so friendly and I feel so welcomed... And I should probably stop talking on here like this until someone new comes and I can say hi to them.

-papples
jwsilver
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, I am Jwsilver.
I am nearly 13.
I am Male.
I am from the east coast of the USA.
Interestingly, I found CoE looking for LotR FanFiction (Lord of the Ruffles)
Reading LotR/the Hobbit/the Silmarillion, Conlang-ing, Playing Guitar/Flute, Archery, Et Cetera
I have read/seen all of them except for the one that has not yet come out.
I have no questions.
<< First2728293031Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email