Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3637383940Last >>
Author Topic:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hi Bell1313, welcome to CoE. Enjoy your membership!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
King Thingol
Council Member
Send Message
Hello from Doriath! I'm excited to get started on this website
I'm a huge fan of everything Tolkien, and will probably be on very often.

double post merged by moderator

[Edited on 01/18/2015 by gondolinian]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi there King_Thingol, welcome to CoE. I've merged your posts, we don't allow double posting . If you ever need to edit a post (to add something to it for instance), please use the 'edit' button on top of the post.
Have fun here, we've got a big and friendly community.
Tithenaravien
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone!
My name is Tithenaravien. I found this website looking for a method to learn Sindarin, and I think I've found it. I haven't read all of Tolkiens works, but I really love how he has somehow created a complete universe with such different people living in it.
I really shouldn't be writing this right now since I'm in the middle of an exam-week but whatever. It it just too tempting
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Tithenaravien, welcome, welcome, thrice welcome! So many newbies joining of late .
I know all too well what kind of a distraction CoE can be during exam-weeks. But that time is far behind me . Enjoy the site and good luck with the exams.
jaynodyin
Council Member
Send Message
Post imma noob
on: January 19, 2015 08:23
Greetings fellow tolkien fans....Im new here, and I just finished reading the guide to learning elvish. So any tips for me? Where do I start? I mostly wanna do it online but..we'll see...
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! So glad to have y'all here with us!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello jaynodyin, welcome to CoE! If you need some tips to get started, have a look at the newbie guide here in the newbies forum. It should set you on your way. As to the Elvish workbooks, just start taking them lesson by lesson .
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Newbies. Hope you all enjoy yourselves here.
Honymir
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, I am a noldo with a big interest in trees and gardening, and hance i joined the Realm of Lorien. Many years ago I also did a lot of RPG, Rolemaster and MERP, mostly as gamemaster.
Just love a stroll in the woodlands
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Honymir, welcome to CoE. Enjoy your membership!
trailmix
Council Member
Send Message
Post NEWBIE ALERT
on: January 22, 2015 03:11
Hi I am Zo and I'm 14 years old (in three days!) I love lotr and have always wanted to learn elvish. I am also going to start learning Latin next school year which apparently is similar to Quenya.
I am a musical theatre freak, and I play the clarinet. Also I procrastinate. A lot.
That's about it, toodles!
Zo
authorauthor123
Council Member
Send Message
Hello,
I go by A. A. and I'm a huge fan of Tolkien's work. You all have a wonderful community.
Warm Regards,
A. A.
Novice writer looking to improve skills. Will work for feedback or reviews.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! So glad to have y'all here with us!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello trailmix and authorauthor123. Welcome to CoE. Enjoy your stay here!
sol_anor
Council Member
Send Message
I'm kind of a newbie - I was here 8+ years ago on and off and I made a new account/username to come back with. So hello again!

Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): You can just call me my username. Or shorten it to "sol" if that's better!
Where are you from?: Michigan, USA
How did you find CoE?: I think I Googled some variation of "the lord of the rings" around when the first movie came out and this was one of the results I got!
What are your hobbies and interests?: musicals, languages (Spanish primarily. I'm starting on Quenya.), education, crochet, fantasy and sci-fi series (Star Trek, Tamora Pierce, Harry Potter, Pern), yoga (when I get myself off my butt)
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: Yes and yes
Above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell / I will not say the Day is done nor bid the Stars farewell. Image
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi sol_anor, welcome to CoE! I'll have our accounts admin get back to you about that old account, if you can remember the username. We don't allow double accounts on the site . It's always great to have 'old' members return though, so have fun!
sol_anor
Council Member
Send Message
Whoops! I didn't even think of that! Sorry :/ I remember the username - maybe I can just ask for the old one to be deleted?
Above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell / I will not say the Day is done nor bid the Stars farewell. Image
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome back, sol_anor! So glad to have you here with us!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
@sol_anor: that would be the best idea, unless you want to continue using the old one . Just send our accounts admin (gwendeth) a pm, she'll help you sort it out.
sol_anor
Council Member
Send Message
Mellwen - Thank you! I'm excited to be back!

gondolinian - Thanks for the advice! I'm not sure if I remember the password to the old one or not . . . Her message box is full for now but I'll try her again soon!
Council Member
Send Message
I'm not exactly new, but I can't access my old account (my original username was Lady_of_Darkness). I tried contacting one of the admins through the "contact us" section, but never got a reply, so do I just send an email to gwendeth to delete my old account (since I know that you're not allowed to have two accounts)?

Since I never filled this out with my original account, I'll do so with this one:

Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): You can just call me by my username, or shorten it to whatever you like.
Where are you from?: Canada
How did you find CoE?: I have no idea, but I may have found a link on another Tolkien site (though I'm not sure about this)
What are your hobbies and interests?: too many to mention
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: Yes and the events of BoFA nearly killed me! Bloody Azog! If he wasn't already dead, I would want to do some mean and hurtful things to him right about now!

[Edited on 01/29/2015 by Lady Oakenshield]
Lightning LA
Council Member
Send Message
Hello..I just joined,and I'm a Huge Fan of everything L.O.T.R's. And I look forward to meeting new Friends, and learning more about the L.O.T.R's..
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome (back) Lady Oakenshield and Lightning LA!

Lady Oakenshield: yes, you should send gwendeth a pm, she'll see what can be done. Hopefully she's cleared her pm-box by now .
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Lady Oakenshield and Lightning LA! So glad to have y'all here with us!
Mirkwood Archer
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, I found this site looking for reasources to study Sindarin.
Elladan and Elrohir
Council Member
Send Message
Name: Elladan and Elrohir

I watched the LOTR movies when I was nine and I then decided to read the books as well. My love for Tolkien's work has since then only grown bigger and bigger. I came across this site when I searched for a Sindarin course and I look forward to be also part of this community
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Mirkwood Archer and Elladan and Elrohir, welcome to CoE!

Mirkwood Archer, perhaps you can tell our members a little bit more about yourself? Just saying 'hi' in an introductions thread is a bit trivial .
ImAravilui
Council Member
Send Message
Good day! Im Aravilui, that is, I am Aravilui, 26, Washington DC, and I am excited to try and learn Sindarin with people here! I am planning a Hobbit party for this summer and thought it would be nice to surprise the group with original riddles, some elvish poems (if I can properly pronounce them!), and a scavenger hunt through the woods battling spiders and hunting for dwarf gold.
I enjoy the language and history behind LOTR and the Hobbit, and have enjoyed both the books and films. I have learned how to make fire using flint, have my own vegetable garden, and have picked up archery all because of my love for the above mentioned.
Cuio mae
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! It's wonderful to have y'all here with us!

Wow Aravilui! Your Hobbit party sounds like it will be super fun!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi ImAravilui, welcome to CoE. You'll find many tips and ideas on this site for your party, just head over to the Last Homely House Section to get a good start .
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! Enjoy your memberships!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, everyone! My name is YesItsJess26, I'm 15 and in the USA. I'm new, but I'm very happy to be here! I'm a LOTR-obsessed high school student who's hoping to learn Sindarin in her spare time I'm the only one in my friend group who is even mildly interested in anything Tolkien, so I'm hoping to meet some other fans ^^ I want my sweet 16 to be either LOTR or The Hobbit themed, so I'm pondering how to turn my backyard into Hobbiton... hmmm... Thanks for having me!
Come to the dark side and join the
we have cookies! :hugs:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello yesitsjess26, welcome to CoE! You've come to the right place to let your obsession roam free and learn Sindarin . Fans galore here, you'll fit right in. For ideas about how to turn your house or backyard into anything remotely Tolkien, have a look in the Last Homely House section.
MagnusAlex
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello! I'm new.
on: February 10, 2015 08:56
Greetings to all, I am MagnusAlex and I am looking forward to learning a unique language. I tried learning a different language before, Spanish and I wasn't really interested in it. I am bilingual I speak Hmong and English only. I am also trying to learn a unique language from the game skyrim the thu'um (dragon language) . I would like help on learning the basics of sindarin .
<< First3637383940Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email