Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3536373839Last >>
Author Topic:
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! So glad to have y'all here with us!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello and welcome Strider13, LadyLevaenen and SidhAAgar. Enjoy your membership and have fun, we've got great stuff that you haven't even discovered yet (yes, that's a challenge ).
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Elrilmalia_GoldenFlower
Council Member
Send Message
Post Newbie!
on: January 07, 2015 04:24
My name is Alex, but you can call me Elrilmalia. I'm 18 and I'm from the USA. I've been a fan of LOTR since I was a small child, when my father would read them to me as bedtime stories. My favorite characters are Pippin and Thranduil. I found this forum when I was looking for a way to learn Elvish, and I've started working on Quenya. I'm a very open person and an avid roleplayer. I'm also very knowledgable about the works of J.R.R. Tolkien (beyond LOTR) if you wish to ask me something.
Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time all foul things come forth. -Thranduil, Elvenking of Mirkwood
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
(*psst...* Strider13... Here's the thread for placing the accent marks over letters. You might never find it considering it's called "accenty things?" and is buried in the Test Forum... The fourth post has the chart that I printed and posted on the side of my monitor... )
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Elrilmalia_GoldenFlower! So glad to have you here with us.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
illsa
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone! My names illsa and I'm from New Zealand. I have just completed my first Sindarin lesson (yay!). I've always liked the LoTR/Hobbit films but after seeing The Battle of the Five Armies I found myself wanting to know more about Tolkien's world, and I found this great website! Nice to meet you all
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome LadyLevaenen, SidhAAgar, Elrilmalia_GoldenFlower and illsa! So good to have all of you here. Have fun!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome illsa! I hope you have a good time here with us.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Elrilmalia and Illsa, glad to have you on board.
Illsa, I'm jealous... you get to live in the most mystical country in the world: Middle Earth! Pity I'm half a world away .
Paracosm
Council Member
Send Message
Name: Chrissi or paracosm. Either is fine
Where are you from? Indiana, USA
How did you find CoE? Browsing for a download of the adventures of tom bombadil
What are your hobbies and interests? painting, graphic design. I don't have time for extra hobbies. I'm trying to get into college.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? all of them
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? Not,yet. Im gonna look around for awhile.

[Edited on 01/12/2015 by Paracosm]
*WindowsOfTheSoul*
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Chrissi, welcome to CoE! Now there's an original (albeit slightly iffy ) way to discover our site, haven't heard that one before. Enjoy your membership and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
manex
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, My name is Manuel, but call me Manex. I live in Argentina studing in a university. I ended up here 'cause i wanted to learn Elvish which started to learn yesterday (Quenya). I would love to learn how to play RPG in the forum, and I even created a character named "Imanol Garbar" if you want to look for him and give me a review
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Manex, glad to have you on board! Good luck with Elvish and enjoy the RPG forum .
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! I hope y'all have a good time here with us!
khaleesiofgondor
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I'm Jemma. I'm 19 (20 on the 20th january haha) and I'm from the UK. I'm currently a student at university but I'm really interested in learning Sindarin because I have a passion for languages and of course LOTR
A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Another fellow Brit! Who's birthday is the day before mine welcome!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome everyone! Have fun!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Jemma! Great to have you here with us.
iamnoman18
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all! My name is Skye, I'm 21 from the USA about to graduate from college with a History Degree. Because I wasn't interested in LOTR until I was in college, I've never gotten around to reading the books, but I am an enormous fan of the films, both LOTR and The Hobbit. My brothers and I are here to learn Sindarin, and we're excited to be here!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello khaleesiofgondor and iamnoman18, welcome to CoE. Good luck learning Sindarin, you'll find many fellow students in the language forums.
Blodwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hello this is Blodwen from Australia.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Blodwen. Welcome! Perhaps you can tell our members a little bit more about yourself? Just saying hi is quite trivial in an introduction thread .
Blodwen
Council Member
Send Message

Name: Blodwen
I was introduced to Tolkien's work some 13 years ago and stumbled across CoE when looking for information on the Languages of Middle Earth. I am very new to forums and am still finding my way around. I look forward to the language resources available on CoE.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
That's more like it ! Our Elvish lessons are renowned far and wide, so you'll be able to keep yourself busy for a while. Don't forget to check our Elvish forums, you'll find many other people studying the languages there.
Have fun and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Blodwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you kindly gondolinian
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Look what happens when one goes away for an adventure and forgets to check the newbie threads...

Welcome to CoE everyone!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome iamnoman18 and Blodwen! So glad to have y'all here with us!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE everyone.

[Edited on 01/17/2015 by Lord_Sauron]
elvenofgreenwood
Council Member
Send Message
Name: elvenofgreenwood
The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings have always been close to my heart. I grew up reading and watching them. In my search to learn Sindarin, I came across this website, which I am definitely happy to have found. I'm new to forums, but I look forward to being in this community!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Elvenofgreenwood!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome elvenofgreenwood! So glad to have you here with us!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome elvenofgreenwood. Good luck learning Sindarin, enjoy the site!
bell1313
Council Member
Send Message
hi everyone, i'm sharon i'm an art student from the Netherlands. been a fan of the tolkien drawings and stories ever since i was ten years old. and i wanted to learn quenya so here i am . here on the internet i am Bell1313. so if anyone wants to ask something feel free to do.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE Bell
Image Image
<< First3536373839Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email