Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4849505152Last >>
Author Topic:
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Silmaica and falinesti! Welcome to our little abode.

Falinesti, I'm a big fan of The Elder Scrolls, namely Oblivion. I've dabbled in Morrowind but haven't played very far. DND is also a small hobby of mine when I can find a group.

"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
falinesti
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you so much Maegwyn, morelkor, and ElwingAndEarendil for the warm welcome!

I have a small question, I wish to post some work in progress fanart in the forums to ask for suggestions for colors to use, poses, effects, etc, but I was wondering which thread to post it in. I am a mainly digital artist but I consider them sketches (because they are unfinished) so should I post in this thread? I only ask because the last few posts are from quite a long time ago and I wouldn't want to disrupt an ongoing thread that is more similar and active. Thank you
morelkor
Council Member
Send Message
I don't think there is another thread at the moment. I have posted art in a thread in the realm of Vaire, but you are not in our realm are you? I think that thread would be fine to post in - it would be nice to revive that thread. Does anyone else know if there is another thread???
I ain't been droppin' no eaves, sir, honest.
falinesti
Council Member
Send Message
@morelkor

Thank you very much for your input! I think I'll post my sketch in that thread for the time being. I'll apply for the Realm of Vaire right now actually, since I've gotten some recommendations already and am very interested! Thank you very much again
Iradela
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone,
I'm from France and I don't speak (or write) english perfectly so sorry for the errors ^^''
I am a 21 years old girl.

I was always a fan of the LOTR because of my parents and I have read the books of the LOTR, of Bilbo, the beginning of the Silmarilion, the first book of "Histoire inachevées Premier Age" and Roverandom (not in Middle Earth world).

I have seen all the movies (long version ^^).

I am here because I wanted to learn Quenya. Otherwise I like hiking, wild camping, sport, piano, and fighting (but I'm nice don't be afraid )

Thank you :*
lights
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone,

I'm from Perth, Australia and I'm a real life friend of morelkor. She introduced me to Lord of the Rings *forced me into reading it by talking to me non-stop about how good it is*, for which I am eternally grateful.

I like reading, particularly fantasy (so I don't to be honest know why I had never read the LotR before) and I originally connected with morelkor by similar taste in music because I adore Lights. If you ever think that whatever I am saying does not make a heap of sense, you can assume it is a reference to one of her songs or her comic.

Anyway, I hope I will have a good time here
morelkor
Council Member
Send Message
Yay, you came I'm sure you will have fun here with us.
I ain't been droppin' no eaves, sir, honest.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and Welcome to the CoE, Falinesti, Iradela and lights.

@Falinesti it may have been a while since someone has posted in that thread however don't let that stop you
@Iradela I like your avatar you can learn heaps in Mordor I hope you do enjoy learning Quenya, also there are many members from all around the World and English is a second language to them so don't apologise.
@lights its great that your friend morelkor has introduced you to Lord of the Rings and to this website
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello and welcome to all newbies!

Falinesti, you can post there, but when in doubt, just check in with the moderator of the particular forum (in this case ~nólemë~).
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
RosenGreen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Introduction.
on: January 30, 2018 11:45
Hello. My name is Connie. I joined the Council of Elrond, (the website, sadly. Not the event), about ten minutes ago. I am very pleased to be here .
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the CoE Connie. I hope you enjoy yourself while you are here
Maegwyn
Council Member
Send Message
Mae Govannen Connie or do you prefer to go by RosenGreen? I hope you enjoy yourself here at CoE!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Connie. I’ve been told the event was quite eventful , but I missed it too. Enjoy the site!
Kiramir
Council Member
Send Message
Mae Govannen. I have joined per the request of my friend Maegwyn as well as to look into perhaps finding time to study Sindarin. For the record - I probably know more about you all than you know about me as my friend has told me much.
Hope to see you around.
Lady Shadowhawk
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome to CoE, Kiramir. Hope you enjoy yourself here
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Kiramir, welcome to the club. Good luck with the lessons!
Noriah
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone!
I'm from Pennsylvania. I've been a guest on this site for years and today I finally made an account! I love the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit (but I guess everyone on here does). It's nice to meet you all. Can't wait to talk about Tolkien with you!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Noriah, welcome to CoE.
It is great that you have decided to create an account, hope you enjoy yourself on here.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Noriah. Glad to have you on board. One of the best decissions of my life when I decided to join myself, after lurking on the site for a long while. So I’m sure you won’t regret it either!
Nature Halfelven
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, I am Nature Halfelven. I am a LORT fan whom has spent way to long away from Middle Earth.

I am coming back and hope to find fellow role players!
My Character is Agatha Draki http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/agatha-draki/
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Nature Halfelven, welcome to COE. For roleplaying, you can head straight down to the rpg forum to meet some kindred spirits .
Ameriel
Council Member
Send Message
Hello,
I am Ameriel - it's nice to see a thriving Middle-Earth fans community and from what I can see, you even have a role-playing section! Good, good.
I have been a Tolkien fan since 2001, when the first LotR movie had it's premiere. I was a kid then and hadn't known anything about Middle-Earth back then. I am planning to reread the novels soon - I was in my teens last time I read them and I think it would be interesting to read it again now, when I'm and adult. Anyway! It's very nice to meet you and be able to join you.
I'll go through the role-playing section and see where it gets me. ^^
'But wherever I came it was ever the same: the feet fled, and all was still; never a greeting, only the fleeting pipes, voices, horns on the hill.' // http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/amaery/
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Ameriel, welcome. Have fun RPGing!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Ameriel, welcome to CoE
PeaseantWraith
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): Ye Ol' PeaseantWraith will be just fine
Where are you from (country/state): Good old Australia
How did you find CoE? Well... funny story that one is. It more or less boils down to morelkor introducing me. It was totally free will, yes yess?
What are your hobbies and interests? Ah, another list. Just a bit of D&D currently. Nothing too interesting really.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I've only seen the movies, and not read the books yet. Hence, I am indeed a pea"sean"t.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? not yet
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, PeaseantWraith. Have a fun time here.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome PeasantWraith! Thanks for the introduction. Better a peasant than a wraith I always say . Enjoy the site!
SeaTreader
Council Member
Send Message
Name: SeaTreader!
Where are you from (country/state):USA
How did you find CoE? Trying to learn and study Sindarin!
What are your hobbies and interests? D&D, Roleplaying, the entire Myst franchise lol
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? Both!
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? yes, can we update the images in the Sindarin Lesson book? They don't seem to show up!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome aboard SeaTrader! You’ve come to the right place to learn Sindarin. I’m not 100% sure which images are giving you issues, but I’ll pass it on to the admin for the language section.
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone!
My name is fool_of_a_took_12, otherwise known as Bella. I am in high school, and I am a HUGE fan of Tolkien's work. I am very happy to find a community of people who are as passionate about his writing as I am! I discovered CoE trying to learn Sindarin, and it has been very helpful. I love jazz, drawing, singing, and second breakfast. At the moment, I have no questions about CoE.

Hannon le for the warm welcome!

~Bella

[Edited on 09/02/2018 by fool_of_a_took_12]
Lembas! One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Bella and welcome to CoE.
Hope you enjoy yourself on the site and good luck with learning Sindarin
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Bella. Enjoy the site!
Lydwina Marie
Council Member
Send Message
Post Dudes! I is new here! (kind of...)
on: June 05, 2018 01:01
Hi everyone! Undoubtedly no one remembers me because the last time I was on CoE was in like 2013, but my old username was Beleg Strongbow Cuthalion or something like that and I lost my password so I never did get back on... Anyways, by way of introduction, I am Canadian, Catholic, homeschooled, and I may or may not have a (very) slight obsession with writing LOTR fanfiction (I have the link to my profile on my CoE profile).

Have a great day and namarie!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and Welcome back to CoE Lydwina
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome back Lydwina_marie! It’s always nice to see old members return. I’ll let our accounts admin have a look at that old account to remove it. Fresh start .
<< First4849505152Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email