Author Topic:
KingxElessar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Things that bug me - Mistakes of ROTK
on: November 28, 2006 07:33
this has nothing to do with rotk!
but something with fotr!
but there is no place i can write it so just doing it here!!
in fotr, when frodo and sam gets to the border, where sam stoppes and says that this is the farest he has ever been from the shire,
then in the right side of the picture, you can see some smoke moving, and it looks like its coming from a car!!!

i think that was eventually digitally removed. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Glulir
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2008 10:02
I get really bumbed about how frodo puts the ring on his finger in the end of the return of the king
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2008 07:22
Well, that does happen in the book...although I was pretty bummed too even though I knew what was going to happen.

I don't know if someone has mentioned this before, but I didn't really want to go through 29 pages to check...so anyway, in the book Elanor was six months old when Frodo left to the Grey Havens. In the movie, she's what, three? four? The thing is, at the end of RotK Frodo tells Sam it's been four years since Weathertop. It took them about a year to destroy the Ring and return to the Shire. Even if Sam and Rosie got married as soon as they returned and Rosie got pregnant with Elanor right away, pregnancy is still nine months long. That's almost another full year. So, Elanor could only be two, maybe just turned three at the most. I have a three-year-old brother, and I think she looks a bit older than he does. So, technically, she's too old.
Sorry for being so technical, but that's just kind of been bugging me.
Hravan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2008 03:37
This isn't a mistake in the film just something that grates... it grates!

In the RotK EE Saurman dies and then it goes back to Treebeard saying "The filth of Saurman is washing away." ARGH! It just annoys me.. it doesn't fit together.... it grates precioussss... yesh it does..
Larien Arnatuile
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Things that bug me - Mistakes of ROTK
on: December 11, 2012 12:32
Ok things that annoyed me
At one point in the movie 100 horses dissappeared- WHAT IS WITH THAT?!!!
Aragorn has anger issues: just before the horses went "bye-bye" he cut the Mouth of Souron's head off. Wow.
There's a lot of truth in fiction. Be you- everybody else is taken
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2012 09:45
Um, nothing lol!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2012 11:03
In the beginning of ROTK, Merry and Pippen... "Welcome, my Lords to Isengard." Next scene, Merry and Pippin are on the backs of horses. Larien Arnatuile, I too, have wondered what happened to the horses at the Black Gate. Well, no matter, I love ROTK.

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
I-Am-Figwit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2013 05:13
Not really the right place to ask, but how does gollum attack Frodo in shelob's lair as he is wearing an elven cloak, and anything that is elven burns him.
<< First2122232425
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email