Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Twylight_Aelf
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: ROTK - Favorite lines and quotes!
on: May 12, 2005 10:35
My favorite RotK lines are as follows.

Gimli: "That still counts as one!"
Orc-driver (EE): "Inspection!"
Frodo: "The Ring is mine."
MoS (EE):"My master, Sauron the Great, bids thee welcome." *cheesy grin*
Gimli: "Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?"
Denethor: "Why do the fools fly? Better to die sooner than late. For die we must."
Orc Army (EE): "Grond! Grond!"
Sam: "Let him go, you filth!"
Gandalf: "Hobbits."
Legolas (EE): "I feel something. A slight tingle in my fingers. I think it’s affecting me. "
Aragorn: "For Frodo."

One of my favorite quotes:
Gimli: "Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an Elf."
Legolas: "What about side by side with a friend?"
Gimli: "Aye. I could do that."

FrostLord20
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 11:19
"My Master, Sauron the Great, bids thee welcome"
It's just funny how he says it. That is wut i made my brother say when my friends come over and he opens the door. Except it isn't sauron it is my first name, duh!

Ara
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 10:47
'Put aside the Ranger -become who you were born to be...' -Elrond :love:

'Who shall call them from the grey twilight? The heir to whom the oath they swore, from the North shall he come, need shall drive him, he will pass(?) through the Paths of the Dead' -Legolas (EE)

'For Frodo' -Aragorn

'Hold your ground! Hold your ground!
Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers!
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me!
A day may come when the courage of Men fails, and we forsake our friends and all bonds of Fellowship!
But it is not this day!
An hour of wolves, and shattered shields, as the age of Men comes crashing down!
But it is not this day!
This day we fight!
By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!' -Aragorn :drool:

'You saw there was a child! You saw my son!'-Arwen

'From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadow shall spring, renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be King'-Arwen

'You bow to no one' -Aragorn

'Oh I think he will' -Aragorn (EE)

LOL sorry there are so many -there are heaps more too :blush:

[Edited on 13/5/2005 by elvishmusician]
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 05:15
Mouth of Sauron: I have a token I was bidden to show thee.

Aragorn with the King of the Dead: You will suffer me!

Legolas: How about side by side with a friend?

Pippin's song to Denethor, especially the last line: And hope shall... fade

Theoden's and Aragorn's speeches before battle.

"Death! Death!

Éowyn: I am no man!
Precious!
NickGiotis
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 06:41
'He leaves because there is no hope!'
(Gamling)
'He leaves because he must!'
(Theoden)
'Too few have come! We cannot defeat the armies of Mordor!'
(Gamling)
'No,we can't...But we will battle them nonetheless!'
(Theoden)
Rilaisseth_of_Mirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 01:29
"Not the beard!" I just love that.
Brethil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2005 09:33
Will not choose one! will not, will not, will not!!!!!!!!!!!!
o ok:love:
-most of Arwens dialogue, its just such beautiful stuff.
-'but some things that should not have been forgotten, were lost. History became legend, legend became myth, and for two and a half thousand years the ring passed out of all knowledge...'
-'Boromir. get them up'
-'Even the wisest cannot tell'
-'fly you fools!'
erm, i'll come back with more when my hands don't hurt!
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2005 08:31
I like the more...I don't know not so funny comments, but they're great too.

My favorite line is from Gandalf-

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

And the whole talk in Moria with Frodo...I was crying. And then that flashes back, well the one quote, in all three of the movies and most of the trailers.

I also liked almost all of Galadriel's lines, though she doens't have that many in Return of the King.

(I liked Legolas's lines in the book, but all the good ones went bye-bye in the movie.)

[Edited on 28/5/2005 by Failië]
SamwiseAtHeart
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 05:50
I have so many favorites

"Then let us be rid of it, once and for all. Come on. I can't carry it for you, but i can carry you"

"don't leave me alone, don't go where I can't follow"

"Don't you let go! Don't let go... Reach!"

I love Aragorn's speech at the gates

Gandalf's talk on death "and then you see it." "white shores and beyond"
drogo_baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2005 06:42
boromir died to save use, my kinsman and me. he fell defending us from many foes. thus i offer you my service, such as it is, in payment of this debt.
-Pippin to Denethor

Èomer. Take your éored down the left flag. Gamling, follow the King's banner down the center. Grimbold, take your company right, after you pass the wall. Forth. Down fear of darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sore day... a red day... ere the sun rises.
Ride now... Ride now... Ride. Ride for ruin and the world's ending. Death. Death. Death. Forth, Eorlingas.
-Theoden to Rohirrim

Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that will take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields and when the age of me comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight. For all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you, stand Men of the West.
-Aragorn to the host of the west.

for more quotes, go to this website
http://www.garnersclassics.com/qlord3.htm
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2005 08:33
Loved Aragorn's speech and Galadriel's words in the end. Very good acting.
Arwen_The_Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 05:31
"Ada...by your will or not..there is no ship now that can bare me hence." ~Arwen

"Nothing is certain..."~Elrond

"I come on behalf of one whom I love..."~Elrond

"Let's just have his head and be done with it!"~Gimli, EE
nippip_dna_yrrem
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 08:10
Favorite Lines? Nearly the whole movie would count as that but the ones that I just love are:

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path one that we all must take." I like the rest of the quote as well, but that always gets to me.

"NO! You will not take my son from me!" I don't know why I like that line but I do.

Aragorn's speech at the Black Gate and "For Frodo."

Frodo-"I can see the Shire... the Brandywine River... Bag End... the lights in the Party Tree"
Sam- "Rosie Cotton dancing. If ever I was to marry someone it would've been her. It would've been her."
Frodo- "I'm glad your with me, Samwise Gamgee here at the end of all things." It makes me tear up every time.
LadyWoodelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 10:30
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."

"A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day we fight."

"I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee. Here at the end of all things."

"End? No. The journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path. One that we all must take."

"That still only counts as one."

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?"

"Courage Merry. Courage for our friends."

"I will not say do not weap, for not all tears are an evil."

"I never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf." "What about side by side with a friend?" "Aye. I can do that."

"Forth and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day. A red day. Ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss!"

[Edited on 12/8/2005 by LadyWoodelf]
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2006 02:32
Aragorn's speech
Theoden's speech
Gandalf's speech about Valinor
Sam's speech on Mount Doom

(Wow! I guess I just love great speeches!)
angry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2006 04:05
i love almost all the lines wrote before. and here are the ones that i adore most:

Pip: You need people of great intelligence in this messy quest...thing...
Merry: Well this leads you out of this, Pip.

Pip: The closer we are to danger, the far we are from harm...
Treebearb: This doesn't make any sense to me, but you are very small,perhaps you are right...

Haldir: The dwarf breaths so loud, we could have shoot him in the dark...

Gimli: That still counts as one!

that's all that comes in my mind now...

IloveNenya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2006 11:34
No one has put this yet, but these are my three all time favorite moments!!! :love:
1. Aragorn: I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of mount doom.
2.Galadriel: he has fallen, the quest stands upon the edge of knife, stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all. but hope remains as long as the company stays true.
3. It don't know what strength is in my blood, but i swear to you i will not let our city fall, nor our people fail!
Boromir: our people? our people, i would have followed you to the end, my brother, my captain, my king!

:love::love::love: i am in love!:love::love::love:
Miranduviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2006 09:06
There are too many, but the good ones, the heart-stabbing, chill-up-the-spine ones are:

Galadriel's prologue opening; Gandalf's "Is it secret? Is it safe?!" Gandalf and the Balrog; "I am the keeper of the secret flame of Anor...your dark fire shall not avail you...YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" (with the reverb, gotta have the reverb). My husband hates that one; I have about 3 or 4 Gandalf figures that say that, including the big 20" Toy-Biz one that has the reverb (and I always say, "Wicked reverb, dude" to Gandalf!)

"I know your face," from Theoden; I think he used to say it to her when she and Eomer came to Edoras when they were children, perhaps a peekaboo game.

Theoden's "How has it come to this?" poetry quote and his Pelennor pep talk.

Saruman gets the uruk-hais bloodlust up before they went to Helm's Deep (note: very Hitler-at-Nuremburg moment, for creepy art-imitating-life, see Ian McKellen's film of 'Richard III', where he has a similar Hitler-esque scene).

Gandalf's "All turns to silver glass, a far, green country under a swift sunrise." "Into the West" which Fran, Philippa, Annie Lenox, and Howard Shore wrote lyrics and music to, is the saddest song I've ever heard (even sadder than "My Heart Will Go On" from "Titanic").

Aragorn: "A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day we fight." It's very Henry V-ish, and that has been done loads of times--Braveheart, Sheridan on Babylon 5, probably somewhere in Star Trek, and even the President in "Independence Day," right before the last fighter squadrons of humans attack the alien's saucers.

Eowyn's and Theoden's last conversation, when he says, "you must let me go," she says "I have to save you," "you already have," should remind you of Luke and Darth Vader from "SW:ROTJ."

And, now for something completely different... in a wonderful MST3K moment that everyone seems to have missed, a great line spoken once that could have (should have!) been said THREE times. Legolas: "That is no Orc horn!" in TTT. It could have been done in FOTR, when Boromir blew his horn, and White Gandalf could have said it to the Witch-King when the Rohirrim blew their horns in ROTK. So, the next time you have friends over to MST-y the trilogy, remember that! (p.s. "You b@st@rds! You killed Kenny!" also works when Boromir dies.) Did I leave any good bits out?
niftyelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 06:30
My favourties are mostly Legolas and Gimli parts. Lotr just wouldn't be the same without them. Especially in the extended editions. Extended rules!

Aragorn: "Legolas, fir a warning shot past the man's ear."
Gimli: "Mind your aim."*taps his bow, arrow shoots and ends up hitting pirate who is actually Peter Jackson*
Legolas: *death glare*

Okay,so that's a scene, but it makes more sense to put in all the dialogue instead of just one line.

Legolas: " So, it's a drinking game?"
Gimli: "Last one standing wins."
Legolas joins in, shows Eowyn offering cup to Aragorn, comes back. Gimli obviously getting drunk,Legolas soing very well.
Legolas: "I feel something, a slight tingling in my fingers." *worried look*"I think it's affecting me."
Gimli: "See, what'd I tell you? He can't hold his liquor." *goes cross-eyed,and falls backwards out of his chair* And now the punchline.
Legolas: Game over.

That's just from rotk, there are many others (from extended edtitions, of course) that I could go on about for hours. Maybe just one more, from ttt this time.

*Just after battle at Helm's Deep*
Legolas: "Final count forty-two."
Gimli: *sitting on orc* "Forty-two, well that's not bad for a pointy-eared elvish princeling, but I, myself am sitting on a pretty forty-three."
Legolas: *takes out arrow and shoots the orc Gimli's sitting on* "Forty-three"
Gimli: "But it was already dead."
Legolas: "It was twiching."
Gimli: "It was twiching because it's got my axe imbedded in its nervous system."

Horray for Legolas and Gimli scenes!!!:disco:
angvaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 09:51
wow. like everyone else, i have so many to list. theoden's poem and speeches. aragorn's speech at the black gate.
gimli: there's plenty for the both of us. may the best dwarf win!
gimli: never thought i'd die fighting beside an elf.
legalos: how about a friend?
gimli: aye, i can do that.
aragorn: let's hunt some orc!

tolkien was a genius.
Skadhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2006 03:18
"We set out to save the Shire Sam, and it has been saved........but not for me."
I always get choked up at that part

[/i]"I am no man."[i]

"My friends, you bow to no one."

AgentElrond
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 09:10

"Hail the Victorious Dead." (gave me shivers)

Did you see the look on Aragorn's face before he drinks his cup? My heart skipped a beat there!

I LOVED that part!

Some of my other favorites:

Favorite Aragorn Lines:
-Speech at the Black Gate:
"Hold your ground! Hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down. But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth. I bid you stand, Men of the West!"
- "Ú-chebin Estel anim." [I have kept no hope for myself.]
I thought this scene was so cool. I loved how they used the lines kind of straight from the book (not exactly the same).
-"It is but a shadow and a thought that you love. I cannot give you what you seek." (For a moment after this scene, I felt so sorry for Eowyn!!!!) :cry:
to be continued........

Favorite Arwen Quotes:
-"If I leave him how, I will regret it forever."
-"From the ashes a fire shall be woken.
A light from the shadow shall spring.
Renewed shall be blade that was broken.
The crownless again shall be king."
(I love it when they use lines from the book!!!) :love:
-"This was my choice. Ada, Whether by your will or not, there is no ship now that can bear me hence."
-"I choose a mortal life. I wish I could have seen him, one last time."
to be continued.......

Favorite Other Quotes:
-" I feel like I'm back at the Green Dragon after a hard day's work."
"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." -Merry and Pippin (they crack me up!!)
-"Hail the victorious dead!"-Theoden (I love this scene)
-"I am happy for you. He is an honorable man." -Theoden
(You can totally tell she is in love with Aragorn!)
-"Oh, you can search far and wide
You can drink the whole world dry
But you'll never find a beer so brown*
As the one they drink in my hometown*
You can keep your fancy ales
You can drink them by the flagon
But the only brew for the brave and true
Comes from the green dragon!" -Merry and Pippin
(I love this song, I sang it for weeks after I saw the movie!)
-"Tell me, why should we ride to the aid of those who did not come to ours? What do we owe Gondor?" -Theoden
(interesting, and that got Theoden some not so happy looks from certian people, if you know what I mean.)
-"Home is behind, the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade
All shall fade. All... shall... fade." -Pippin
(I love this song!!!!!!)
to be continued.....

Extended Edition favorites:
-"You have fought many wars and slain many men, Theoden King, and made peace afterwards. Can we not take counsel together as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace, you and I?" -Saurman (I thought this line was very interesting.....)
-"I dreamed I saw a great wave climbing over green lands and above the hills. I stood upon the brink. It was utterly dark in the abyss before my feet. A light shone behind me, but I could not turn. I could only stand there, waiting." -Eowyn
(I LOVED this scene!!!!)
-"This is the city of the Men of Numenor. I will gladly give my life to defend her beauty, her memory, her wisdom." -Faramir
(I love Faramir almost as much as I love Aragorn!!!!)

to be continued..........

Aragorn/Viggo fangirl FOREVER!!!!

Chaendra
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2006 10:25
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." -Galadriel

"What's that?"
"This my friend is a pint."
"It comes in pints?"
"Mmm-hmmm."
"I'm getting one."
-Merry and Pippin
kingofnoldor
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2006 09:12
Here are my fave quotes:

Legolas - How about dying side-by-side with a friend?
Gimli - That still only counts as one!
Gandalf - You cannot deny the return of the king. STEWARD!
Denethor - Rule of Gondor is MINE and no others!
Eowyn - I am no man!
Legolas - Have you not yet learnt the stubbornness of dwarfs?
Sealla_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2006 07:51
Let's see here, my favorite quotes are:

Theoden: 'Where is the horse and the rider?' poem.

Theoden's speech before the Rohirrim charge at Minas Tirith.

Gandalf: 'Theoden King stands alone.
Eomer: *rides up from behind Gandalf* Not alone. *draws sword and shouts* Rohirrim!

"Hey! Ho! To the bottle I go," --Merry and Pippin's drinking song from the FotR SEE.

Pippin: You need intelligence on this mission, quest...thing.

(The whole scene where Pippin thinks he's going to die. You know, in Minas Tirith.)
Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another part, one that we all must take. The grey curtain falls back and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it...
Pippin: See what, Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
--I always thougt that he might be talking about the Undying Lands.

Frodo: We set out to save the Shire, Sam, and it has been saved...but not for me.

Sam: Don't leave me here alone. Don't go where I can't follow.

Aragorn's speech at the Black Gates. It's so encouraging that if I had a sword, I'd be drawing it out too.

Aragorn: You bow to no one.

Arwen: I choose a mortal life.

Merry and Pippin's Green Dragon song.

Gollum's argument with his other half (all of them )

That's all my very favorite lines.
Wizards_Pupil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2008 12:38
Gimli’s Small chance of success speech and the Stand Men of the West speech javascript:insertAtCaret('','')
javascript:insertAtCaret('','')
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2008 02:28
Aragorn's little morale-booster in front of the Black Gates (the "Men of the West" speech). Aragorn's lines in general. The bit with Merry and Pippin when they're sitting on the (ex-)wall at Isengard. And Smeagol going, "It wasn't us! The precious made us do it!" after Gollum has attacked Frodo.
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email