Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The half demon (feel free to jump in :) )
on: March 08, 2004 08:05
Ichiro looked at Alatariel and saw the fear in her eyes.

"They told me that they were sure you had killed Grandmother." he said stiffly. "Also, that you were dangerous. I am not sure if you did not kill the old woman; Aritomo-sama says not and I am inclined to believe him. However," he stepped foward a little, to look at Alatariel directly in the eye. "I do know that the young girl we left in the previous village named you as her attacker, and that you are a hanyou; given to succumb to your demon blood-lust, whether you can control it or not. And I swear that if you do willingly harm more humans, I will fulfill my oath as a taji-ya and exterminate you." he stepped back and turned away. He had said his piece; he had fully warned Alatariel of his intentions and now, it was up to her.

(Taji-ya - Japanese for Demon Slayer.)
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 03:10
As Ichiro finished speaking, Namiko stepped up behind him and Alatariel. "There was another demon involved, even if she had killed Grandmother." she said. She waited for them to turn to face her.

"In the fight... I saw that there were two souls in Grandmother's body. A demon had posessed her body and spirit. Please believe me on this. Someone else was involved no matter who killed Grandmother. I... know this."

Namiko subconsciously fingered the bandages on her left hand, some nervousness spreading across her usually calm face.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 03:17
Tanirise backed off to the side, glad to be done talking, but a little startled at Ichiro's response. She seriously hoped things would never come to that.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 04:35
Eeva spoke, "Alatariel killed no one. You have my word on that." She looked up to Ichiro. "I don't go back on my word." With that she stood up and walked away into the woods to be alone for awhile. Coming upon a stream, she walked to the bank, kneeling down, placing her hands in the cool water. She sighed and watched the little fish come up to her fingers curiously.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 04:09
Tanirise went over to Morafe and sat down next to where he was grazing. She watched him while she wandered in deep thoughts. She was a little confused. I don't even know why I'm here. I set out to see friends, now I am accompanied by a very different group., she thought. She then looked around the clearing one more time. "Ok, I guess it's not that bad.", she said to herself with a smile. Then something caught her eye. She ran back to the others. "Our mystery person is back.", she said to them.

[Edited on 9/3/2004 by ithillinde]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 06:31
Alatariel looked at Ichiro for a few moments then said, "I would expect that from a demon slayer...... How ever he and the villagers are both correct, I did kill Grandmother...." Tears welled up in her eyes,but she pushed them back, "I lost control of my demon side and she was killed, but the villagers didn't tell you the whole story and if you want to kill me it is best that you hear everything first, then make your decision." She saw the shock on everyone's faces and then continued, "I had a best friend in the village and I told her my secret, because I didn't want her to get hurt. There is one day that I lose control of my demon side if I get into a fight. She told that villagers and on that day they hired a demon slayer to get rid of me, knowing that the demon slayer wouldn't kill me unless I fought back. I was beaten and provoked and I lost control and began to fight the demon slayer. Grandmother saw this and stepped between us, but I was out of control and though she tried to calm me, it didn't work and I killed her. I knew I had done this, but i couldn't stop it I had no control over my body, it was like someone else was using me as a puppet and I had to watch as my own hands murdered the person I cared most for. I returned to normal instantly after killing her and was driven out of the village by the demon slayer, who barely escaped with his own life......... Now if you still wish to kill me go ahead but I will tell you that I remember every detail of the attack and living with the pain is the worst punishment possible so I would welcome death, though I will not take my own life." She paused for a moment wiping back tears, The remembering Ichiros comment about the girl from earlier she said, "I can tell you right now that I did not attack that girl we left behind and if you wish an explaination I will tell you tomorrow." She walked back to her tree and climbed to the top and wept softly.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 06:50
Namiko looked up at Alatariel. She stepped forward. "Why would we ask you to remember that much pain? But Alatariel, do you know who would have brought Grandmother back, who would have joined her with a demon?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 09:47
Alatariel looked at Namiko and said, "There is only on I could think of that would do this............" She trailed off looking at the sky, 'Why would you do this sister?' She thought to herself.
Araiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 12:56
((Hihi Inwe))

Sy'rai walked slowly through the village, listening to the gossip of the people. There had been news of a Demon sighting, so she listened in. Her dagger was sheathed and hidden inside of her boot leg, and her katana was sheathed at her side. The bow she carried was stashed in her pack, along with her arrows. The diamond tipped ends on her braids glistened in the sunlight, and her copper eyes seemed soft.

((Inwe, I dun remember what we were gonna do, so just go ahead and finish the post))
Passer
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 02:17
(OOC: i think its about time for a ...dundundun... suprise apperance! im sorry if im messing up any pre planned stories, but this rpg needs a little more shaking up! like a poloroid picture.)

Stepping out onto the branch where Alatariel was sitting, Riyitan glared down at her half sister.
" Stop your snivveling, sister. You are a disgrace to the family, weeping over such a thing. It's really a shame your friends are so stupid, Alatariel. To think, they might actually blame you for the murders of thoes towns people?"
Riyitan smiled, a small laugh, venomous and menacing escaping her lips.
"No, my dear sister, you haven't the backbone to do hardly anything, befrending humans when you should be slaughtering them! " Riyitan's eyes were icy, as sliver as daggers. " No. Instead you are a weakling, crying over pitiful humans. Traits from your father, no doubt, mangy half-breed."

[Edited on 11/3/2004 by ithillinde]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 06:22
A villager walked up to Sy'rai and said, "You have the look of a demon slayer about you. Would you be so kind as to rid us of a demon?" The village elder looked up at Sy'rai searchingly.

Alatariel wiped a tear from her eyes and looked at her sister. "Why don't you just leave me alone if you hate me so much. I don't feel the need to slaughter people for pleasure like you. So just go away before I have to kill you." Alatariel said with distain in her voice. She stood up to face her sister and frowned.
Araiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 06:29
Sy'rai grinned, stopping to look at the village elder. "Of course." She answered, bowing her head a little in respect. "What demon do you want me to take care of?"

"Her name is Alatariel Annare and she is at a campsite near here. She killed our village priestess and word is she has attack other villages too." The elder said.

"And what, good sir, would my payment be?"

"Well we do not have much to offer, but we could give you two bags of gold and whatever you find at the campsite that you like."

"The gold will be sufficient." Sy'rai bowed once again, and left the village, being careful to stay behind the campsite, and not be spotted.

((OOC: Inwe and I want to keep Sy'rai hidden for a while, so don't spot her...please?))
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 07:03
Ichiro had spun around at the arrival of Alatariel's sister, hand on his weapons, but he paused before attacking. Aritomo stood nearby, in a defensive position as well, should the demon attack. Behind him, Ichiro caught the sight of a kitsune trotting closer, it's golden eyes narrowed as it stood next to Namiko.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 07:19
Alatariel saw that the others were ready to attack if need be. "You guys get out of here now!" She yelled back at them, "I don't want you involved, this is between Riyitan and I!" Alatariel crouched down low, ready to attack if Riyitan made a move. She saw out of the corner of her eye that the others had not moved, and momentarily turned her back on her sister and growled at the others, "What are you waiting for! I said get out of here! I will catch up later after I have delt with Riyitan!"

(ooc: everyone look at the ooc forum for a plot update )

[Edited on 3/11/2004 by InweSilimaure]
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 12:04
Namiko gave a little "hmph!" and moved her right arm to rest on her sword hilt. Her left arm hung at her side, but the bandaged hand began to grasp the air in a claw-like posture. Her eyes darted across everyone before returning to Alatariel.

"I don't think we're going anywhere," she said, a flash of silver crossing across her eyes.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 02:38
Tanirise noticed everyone drawing swords around Alatariel. That can't be good..., she though to herself. Then she noticed that there was one extra person. Looking closer, she saw that it was a demon. She got up, grabbed her bow and ran over to the others. She pointed her bow up at the demon and stood ready for any sudden movements from her.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 04:59
A breeze blew past Eeva, carrying the scent of danger. Standing, she turned and ran back to the others, hiding amongst the trees. Seeing the new demon standing there and everyone with their weapons out she looked around for a place far from the ground. Climbing into the tree next to her quietly, a harsh wind began to blow around the others.

The sky darkened and thunder rumbled in the distance, growing closer by the second. Eeva looked down at the others, her eyes glassed over in her anger. She created a ball of fire in her hands and watched it grow, waiting for it to become big enough. The others knew it was her who was creating the storm. But it was over before it began. The wind died down and the sky lightened, the fire disappearing from Eeva's hands. She was still too weak. "No" she cried in despair, drawing attention to herself.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 05:06
Alatariel's eyes flash angrily and she yelled in a very angry voice, "Get out of here or after I finish with her I will kill all of you too! NOW GO!!!" Her eyes got a slight redish tint to them and she cracked her knuckles. "This is my fight not yours!!! I don't want anyone else involved!!!!"

[Edited on 3/12/2004 by InweSilimaure]
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 06:19
"We already are involved!" Namiko retorted and cracked her own bandaged knuckles back. "Isn't she the one youre supposed to be angry at?" Namiko nodded towards the demon and raised her eyebrows. A soft frosty ball of pure cold began to well up in her bandaged hand.

"I do not believe we will be killed today, and if we were, death would still be more honorable than runing. The mortal beings in your company have given some of their trust to you. Can not you trust them in return?"

(ooc: when in doubt, pull that honor out! )
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 06:27
Alatariel growled and said, "It isn't about honor or trust! This is my fight and I intend to finish it ALONE!!!!!!!" She was very angry now, 'Why won't they just run already!' she thought to herself as she glared at Namiko. "You just don't understand do you!!! I want to be ALONE for now!!!!! I also need you all to warn the villagers because there are other demons about too! My sister is not alone!!! NOW GO!!!!!!!!"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 06:32
"Lady Namiko is correct." Aritomo stated. "We are already involved, Alatariel. We are your companions, and for us to run and leave you here alone would be to our shame."

Ichiro said nothing, but only drew his swords, eyes narrowed as he stared at the full demon.

Kahn's tails twitched a little; this situation had turned rather unfavorable. Normally, he would have simply turned and left, but...

He liked Namiko and he was still curious about her strange smell and ways. Mentally shrugging, he crouched a little, prepared to fight if need be.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 06:43
"I need you to warn the Villagers!!! I don't want anyone else to die needlessly, please Go!!!" Her eyes had once again began to fill with tears, but she pushed them back. Alatariel was determine to make the others leave, even if she had to hurt one of them to drive them away. 'If I have to lose their friendship to get them to leave I will' she thought to herself, for she knew that they couldn't fight Riytan and she didn't want to have to protect them, for that could endanger everyone's lives. "This is something I must do alone, please understand." She said, looking dierctly into Aritomo's eyes.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 09:48
Namiko relaxed her hand on her sword, but only ever so slightly. She waited largely on Aritomo's reaction but kept her eyes focused on the two sisters in the tree above her. Things like this make me glad I was an only child, she thought briefly. Still, a cloud still swirled in her bandaged hand imitting a faint silvery glow. She was itching for something to happen.

"Even if we leave, were still in this with you, Alatariel!" she called up to the tree. "You know this!" Namiko took a step back towards Kahn and waited at the ready.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 11:35
Tanirise still stood ready. She did not want to leave at all. She knew Alatariel wanted to fight this battle on her own, but it didn't look like that was going to happen. No one had moved yet.
Passer
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 03:51
(ooc: sweatdrop, some how i keep hearing the inu yasha battle theme music in my head whenever i look at this thread. oh and check the ooc forum)

Riyitan glared down at her sister. " I have no need to kill you. As of now, at least. I just thought you might need a reminder of who you really are."
And with that, Riyitan violently clawed the air infront of her sister's face, creating a force of wind that caused Alatariel to fly from the tree and onto the ground.
"Your friends." she said, looking to each of her companions "Have not left you yet. Quite foolish of them dont you think? Perhaps I'll kill one of them, leave you with something to remember your dear sister by."
Riyitan smiled, knowing it was in her full power to do so.

(ooc again: wow. so much like Inu yahsa, yay for sibling rivalries!)

[Edited on 13/3/2004 by CarolP]
Araiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 04:18
Sy'rai stay hidden in the bushes. With what was going on, she'd definetely have to wait until Alatariel was alone.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2004 07:58
Alatariel got up off the ground and brushed herself off, "You think you are so great don't you!? You will not harm any of them, for you will have to go through me first!" She was hurting from her fall, but she didn't let her sister see that and instead turned to the others and yelled, "Go now. I can't fight and protect you at the same time!"
hobbit*lass
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2004 03:46
(ooc: I've posted why in the ooc forum, but my character doesn't fit in so i'm leaving)

Leithwyn had recovered from most of her injuries, and had been told by one of the villagers which direction they had gone.
But she decided against it, after all, she was not very good at finding things, and that demon might be there with them. She bought a horse with the remainder of her money and set off back home, leaving the village in the opposite direction to the others.

(ooc: i'm gonna keep checking this thread! it's really good!)

Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2004 11:37
Namiko motioned for the others to back up a bit, just o give the sisters enough space to clearly see thier actions. Yet, when she had backed up to a wide enough girth she planted her feet firmly into the ground. With her good hand she drew her father's sword.

"We can protect ourselves," she said. Ignoring the burn, she brought her bandaged hand up to the sword, the cold air in it spreading down the length of the blade. "Go on," she said. "If you are going to fight, by all means fight."

Her last words took on an undertone of another language. Namiko didn't realize it, but she had started speaking in the Draconic tongue of her father's kin, calling forth whatever strength her ancestors could give her. She had no idea how strong Riyitan was and decided anything would be helpful.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 06:17
"Fine then if you are all going to stay, don't expect me to help you. You can also be responsible for the deaths of the villagers, because I sense that the other demons are now drawing very close to the village. I would go and warn them, but they would not believe me. And I want to make it very clear that you are NOT to interfere in any fight between Riyitan and I." She cracked her knuckles and said, "Now Riyitan, I will give you one last chance to run awway before i am forced to rip your head off."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 06:48
Aritomo stiffened at Alatariel's words. He could sense it as well.

"Ichiro!" he said urgently. The demon hunter nodded sharply and re-sheathed his swords. Aritomo made to follow him, torn. He felt he should help his companions, but as a priest, it was his duty to help the villagers. With a final sigh, he turned and followed his friend.

Ichiro's feet pounded on the ground as he pulled out his mask and put it on as he ran. The various poisons and gases he carried might be necessary.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 07:13
'Good at least those to had the sense to listen to me.' Alatariel thought to herself then out loud she said, "Namiko, Eeva, Tanirise they may need your help, please go." While she said this she kept an eye on her sister who was still in the tree. Then with one swift leap she jumped into the tree and stood once again facing her sister.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 12:35
Tanirise stood planted to her spot. She knew it was very dangerous to do so, but she felt she had to. She was glad Ichiro and Aritomo had left to warn the villagers, as she didn't want them getting hurt, but she decided two were enough for that job. She couldn't bring herself to abandon Alatariel and the others now. This may turn out to be the most foolish decision I ever make, but atleast I won't have the guilt of leaving friends in trouble., she thought to herself. She stood ready for almost anything.
Passer
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 04:43
Riyitan grinned, an open, honest grin that sent chills down Alatariel's spine.
" What are you doing, my dear hanyou? Not showing the proper respect to me, are you? You should behave like a half blood should," said Riyitan, aming a kick at Alatariel, sending her sprawling towards the trunk of the tree, " and grovel."

(ooc: i have school and lacrosse hitting me reallly hard right now. its difficult for me to post often. i apologise.)
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 05:39
(ooc: don't worry passer i am willing to wait )
Alatariel hit the tree trunk hard, but got up almost immediatly, "You do not deseerve my respect and I refuse to grovel to a pathetic demon such as yourself." she said spitting a little blood out of her mouth, "No one can control me except myself and no one will ever tell me what to do. So why don't you just leave and quit wasting my time." Alatariel was in a great deal of pain but didn't show it for she didn't want to give her sister the satisfaction. "So what if i am only a half breed, at least I have honor, something that you will never have." She once again stood facing her sister.
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email