Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The half demon (feel free to jump in :) )
on: February 17, 2004 04:38
"Nice trick...", said Tanirise with a small smile. She tried to get up again, but fell. "Useless leg...", she said as she hit the ground, again. She then pulled off a peice of her sleeve to stop the cut on her head from bleeding.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 06:25
Alatariel had regained conciousness, but barely. Her eyes opened a small fraction and she moaned in pain when she tried to move. The bleeding from her wounds had not stopped and she was too weak to heal them. She was near death, but managed to say, "Good job...." to everyone before she lost conciousness again.

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by Gilraen]
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 02:35
(ooc: wow! i missed a battle scene. eek. Well, at least I was lost doing research on the Japanese Tea Ceremony so maybe that counts for something. I'll do this in two parts, first from where Aritomo asked me to create a barrier and then a quick post in the current time. here goes...)

IC: Namiko heard Aritomo's words and panicked. She couldn't do what he asked. Like she had tried to confess to him, she was no miko. Religious, yes, but because she was a part of it. And everyone has a limit to thier own abilities, right? Then she realized her own. She was decended from a middle child of a brood, a fighting dragon such as depicted on her sword, and that is what she could become.

As Tanirise began to rise, Namiko saught peace in the battle around her and focused on her ancestors. She drew clouds forth around her, obscuring herself from the others. She felt her body grow sinuous and smooth. her hands widened and fingers merged creating the three-taloned claws of a dragon. just as the change was completing, she felt a new protection center around her. A barrier shield? Namiko gave it only a momentary thought and flew up into the growing storm.

She rose to a vantage point and rested her clawed feet on the darkened clouds, watching as Eeva called them to her purposes. She knew she would not be able to fight with the shield up around her, so with a swipe of a silver claw she dissipated the barrier. Still, it was a good trick, she found herself thinking as the sleet poured down around her. She paid it no heed, feeling instead comfort in the cold. Still, someone would have to pick up this weather mess when the girl and demon had finished. Namiko decided to wait, dodging the lightning in the sky with ease. If Eeva needed it, she would step in, but odds were definately in this strange witch's favor.

As the lightning engulfed the demon-grandmother, it took her up through the clouds past Namiko. "Not so fast!" she called after it, gliding upwards and reaching out for it. If the lighting alone took it, the dead grandmother's soul would be lost. Whatever demon that killed her had posessed her soul and memories.

Namiko saw one of the beings drawing near who carry the souls of the dead away. Siezing the moment, she reached her left hand into the crimson lighting and pulled out a pale golden orb. But Namiko was not immune to lightning or fire. She held on tight as the lightning burnt through her scales. Drawing it out, the soul collector split in twain. Right when she could hold the grandmother's soul no longer, one collector took that soul, and one dagged that of the demon, and its firey cage, away. "Go in peace," she whispered, as she collapsed onto a fine bed of cloud as the sky cleared with the demon's passing.

Namiko walked back into the clearing that was alatariel's home. Hopefully everyone would just think she was knocked out or stunned. Still, her left sleeve was singed and she held her human, but still burnt, hand tucked to her chest, biting back the pain of the burn. She didn't want to look at it, even covered in ice, the burn hurt something fierce. She went into the cave and picked up the healing bag with her good hand. She dropped it at Ichiro and Aritomo's feet, guessing that they were perhaps the least injured of them all.

"Eeva and Alatariel are unconscious," she said, forcing herself to ignore the pain in her hand. She reached into the bag and pulled out a handful of supplies. "Hurry and help them, I have to take care of this..." She pulled her hand out to look at it, watching as a few crystals of ice and burnt silver scales flaked off and floated slowly to the ground.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 02:45
Alatariel regained conciousness a while later to find Aritomo tending to her. Her green cat eyes had turned a grayish tone and she couldn't move anything. "What happened? where is Grandmother?" she said weakly. 'I don't understand anything that is going on.' she thought to herself. She remembered hugging Grandmother but nothing beyond that. She was very confused and looked around the best she could, for she couldn't move her head. She didn't see Grandmother anywhere.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 02:48
Namiko heared Alatariel and walked over to her and Aritomo, still in the process of bandaging her hand.

"Grandmother is finally at rest," she said, glancing up to the sky, "her soul has finally moved on. The demon that had killed and posessed her is dead, and your grandmother is free."
usagi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 03:18
(ooc: Inwe asked me to post this for her since she has run out of posts and wanted to reply)
Alatariel looked up at Namiko and said, "What? I don't understand. What demon?" She was very confused and didn't understand anything that was going on.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 04:50
"That was not really grandmother," Namiko said, kneeling down next to Aritomo and Alatariel. "As you said, grandmother died years ago. That was the demon that killed her. It had posessed her, but now they are seperated and she is free. She did love you. Trust me on this. you have Eeva to thank for killing that demon. She avenged grandmother's soul." Namiko gave a faint smile to the two then winced as another pain shot up from her hand.

[Edited on 18/2/2004 by Lissiriel]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 05:54
Eeva kept her eyes closed although she was conscious. She was completely drained of energy. She began chanting in her mind, calling the elements to her, needing to reconnect with them. A voice whispered in Namiko's mind. "Namiko, I need you to gather me earth and water." The voice then jumped to Alatariel's mind, Alatariel, I need you to start a fire near me, and also create a wind." Eeva took her arm off her chest, and rested it on the ground, palm up. She opened her hand, revealing a small bottle stopped with a cork. Inside it swirled a silver wind, waiting to be realeased. She spoke to Alatariel again, "Use this, do not open it until I say."

((I have no clue what to do next, so just jump in with something. lol))

[Edited on 18/2/2004 by CarolP]
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 09:17
Namiko turned to Eeva, recognizing her voice. "Earthis not my element, but water.. I can do that." Namiko stood and, folding her hands in prayer, a fine mist gathered around the clearing. She closed her eyes and extended her bandaged left hand as drops began to fall, a light rain set to cleanse the ground of the battle and rejuvinate her friend. "Hurry and rekindle the fire before the wood soaks through," she said to no one in particular, turning her head to the heavens and feeling the clean water fall on her face.

[Edited on 18/2/2004 by eldir]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 06:31
Alatariel didn't understand anything that was going on. She remembered seeing a demon before she lodt conciousness, but had that monster really taken her Grandmother from her? A single tear rolled down her cheek and as she heard Eeva speak she struggled to get up. After much effort she managed to sit and felt the pain in her shoulders increase. She stood up and took the bottle from Eeva and then sat back down near her. That small effort had exhausted her, any normal human wouldn't have been able to move for weeks after having nearly all of the life drained out of them. "Okay, Eeva you just tell me when..." she said with a pained expression in her eyes.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 12:00
Tanirise sat silent for awhile. She was still in a bit of shock from all the action. She thought to herself, 'Pathetic. I was finally in a real battle and I was down after 3 shots. AND I'm complaining about my injuries when everyone else alost died.'. She then grabbed a branch of the tree she was leaning on and used it to pull herself up. It hurt, but she tried not to show it. She leaned on the tree to support herself while thinking of a way to get over to everyone else. She had no idea if everyone was ok or not. But, she new for sure she had deffinatly not been hurt the most.

[Edited on 18/2/2004 by CarolP]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 06:38
Alatariel looked over at Aritomo and said weakly, 'Aritomo, would you please start a fire?" She was absolutely exhausted, but was determined to help Eeva, who had helped save her life. She clutched her left shoulder as pain shot through it and winced.

[Edited on 20/2/2004 by eldir]
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 03:42
Tanirise saw Aritomo starting a fire and decided to try and make it over there. She looked around for a minute, trying to think of a way to get there. She then saw Morafe grazing at the edge of the feild. Her throut was very dry, but she whistled a long, clear note the best she could. Morafe's head perked up at the sound. He then saw Tanirise leaning against the tree in pain and loped over to her. She smiled and grabbed his mane to pull herself up onto his back. "Hannad.", she wispered to him once she was seated on his back. She then trotted over towards the fire.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 07:34
Eeva sensed the elements near her. A small breeze rustled the leaves on the trees, a song seeming to rise up. Eeva's ming whispered now into alatariel's. She took the cork out of the bottle and a silvery wind rose out of the bottle, circling Eeva. It circled the fire, carrying the flames with it, doing the same with the rain. It then picked up a tihnk layer of earth, creating a barrier around her. The elements rose into the air, forming a pheonix. The pheonix cried out, and flew towards Eeva. The bird flew quickly, seeming to grow larger as it neared her. It spread out, now resembling a shape much like Eeva herself. It enveloped her, absorbing into her skin, the reds, blues, silver, and browns, fading away.

Eeva sat up quickly, inhaling deeply. She looked around, placing a hand to her head. A smile krept over her lips. She then thought about what had happened last time someone had found out about all that she could do. She glanced at all of her friends, wondering if they would try and take advantage of her as all the others had.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 07:44
Alatariel smiled weakly as Eeva sat up and said, "Feeling better now?" As she said this she could feel her energy seeping from her and before long she got dizzy and had to lie back down. The clouds seemed to swirl around in circles and she had to shut her eyes to keep from getting sick. Pain shot through her shoulders again and she let out a small cry of pain.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 09:41
Namiko gently waved her good hand and sent the clouds and rain away, revealing the sky to be a pleasant twilight purple, as though it had not seen the earlier battle. She slowly walked over to Eeva, still holding her burnt hand close. Only an honest mixture of curiosity and concern showed in her silvery lavender eyes.

"Eeva, you don't have to respond if you don't want to- i would not wish to provoke your anger, but... what gifts were those that we witnessed? Of what nature are you?"

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by eldir]
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 04:31
Tanirise saw the amazing spectacle Eeva had performed and trotted over towards her. She saw Alatariel lying on the gound in pain. She looked at her belt to see if she had anything to help Alatariels wounds, but she didn't. "I think we should get some help for Alatariel. I'm not entirely sure any of us can heal her. And she needs help now.", she said to Eeva and Namiko with a look of great concern of her face.

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by CarolP]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 07:15
Eeva looked up at Namiko. "I, it was nothing, just, just, I just deal with the elements thats all." She spoke rather coldly. She then knelt next to Alatariel. Looking over she said a few incantations and a small, floating orb of silver light appeared in front of her. "What types of herbs would help?" The orb shimmered as it hovered in the air. "We can find anything we need, we just need to ask." She pointed to the light. "I know it doesn't look like much, but it is a great help."

[Edited on 22/2/2004 by eldir]
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 04:30
"Athelas plant may help.", Tanirise said to Eeva. "I really don't know of anything else would be useful. But I'm sure you and Namiko know of many more healing elements than I do.", she said with a quick smile.
Passer
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 05:04
Perched in the high tree tops, Riyitan looked down on her sister and her companions, a new light of curosity in her eyes. "That girl," she thought, "just commanded the elements to do her bidding." A small smirk escaped from her lips. "She could be useful. Very useful indeed..."
Riyitan watched, unnoticed, a new plan forming within her mind.

(OOC: this vilian is not going to stay gone! you hear me!!! i shall have....well. i dont really know what riyitan wants. i dunno, mabey something shiny. mm. shiny. )
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 08:10
Tanirise looked through her stuff one more time, she was sure she had had some Athelas in her sac. "I must have dropped it...", she said to herself. She was always losing important things. I've really got to get a hold on this keeping things safe., she thought to herself. She had always been told that she was incredibly irresponsible.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 04:57
The little orb flew off to find the plant. "I'll be right back, try and warm her up, she's rather cold." When Namiko offered to come with she said, "No, I'd rather go alone, thanks though."

Eeva ran after the orb, thoughts about trusting them racing through her mind. At last the flickering light stopped. She knelt down and picked some of the plants that lay directly in front of her. She was placing them in her bag as she turned around. As she turned, something caught her attention. "Namiko, is that you? I thought I told you I could do it alone." She walked toward where she had heard the movement. "Namiko?"

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by CarolP]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 05:38
(OOC: Gosh! So much happened! Sorry I haven't been on lately...)

Ichiro went over to Tanrise and tapped her on the shoulder. "I think it may be in the pouch on your belt." he said quietly.

Aritomo was sitting next to Alatariel, watching as the confusion and pain flashed through her eyes. He gently brushed her hair from her eyes, then explained what had occured in a gentle voice.

It would hurt, he knew, for Alatariel to know that her caretaker had be being used for evil. But it was better for her to know.

When he finished, he paused, then spoke. "Is there anything else you need?"

(OOC: Inwe, I know I told you I was using Kahn for this, but I am changing him quite a bit from his profile, just to let you know)

A silvery fox paused as he studied the girl call for someone name Namiko. He cocked his head, bright golden eyes curious.

Carefully stepping out, he let himself come into full view and looked up at the girl, his four tails waving behind him softly. This girl smelt very different from others...and she felt different. Now the fox was curious.

(He's a kitsune; spirit fox, in case ya didn't know. ^__^ I've been studying up on them, so decided to put one in here.)
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 06:41
(ooc: wow take a two days break and fall waaayy behind.)
Alatariel listened as Aritomo explained what had happened. She couldn't believe that her Grandmother had been used like that and tears began to well up in her eyes. She rolled over wincing in pain as she did, for she did not want anyone to see her cry. She had always prided hersself on being tough and didn't want to show weakness. She didn't like the idea of everyone fussing over her and after a few minutes she sat up slowly and said, "Don't worry about me, tend your own wounds. I will be fine I just need some rest that is all." She felt very disoriented and her senses weren't working very well, for she didn't smell anyone nearby, other than her companions.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 12:51
Namiko was left without anything to do. Atitomo, Ichiro , and Tanirise were all helping Alatariel, poor thing, and she was left leaning against the entrance to the cave. Perhaps its for the best, she thought, that way no one will ask me to explain anything. She watched Aritomo comfort Alatariel, thinking that if she were to tell anyone, it'd be to one of them.

After a few minutes, Namiko realized that Eeva had still not come back yet. Without anything better to do, she went after her, walking down the path she took trhough the trees. In no time at all she came across Eeva, the kitsune in between the two of them. Does she not notice?

Without a second thought, Namiko plunged her sword into the earth and knelt down behind it, offering a prayer to the fox spirit. "Oh kitsune, are you the kami* of this grove? I an sorry to intrude but will make offerings in acceptance of your omen that you may stay a bit longer. Please tell me of what element you are so that I may make a good offering for you and your family."

Namiko heard Eeva turn and glanced upward to see the swish of the fox spirit's tails. She didn't know whether the kitsune turned because of her voice or her rain-like scent, but she knew he would smell it now. She hoped he would not betray what it meant to Eeva. She bowed her head low in respect.

(* Japanese word of the day, kami = a nature spirit or other Shinto divinity )
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 01:41
Tanirise looked in the pouch again. She sifted through everything and found one last leaf of Athelas. "Thanks!", she said. She knew the others probably got really annoyed with her always speaking her mind and losing things, and she was really trying not to, but it was just her nature. Everyone here's very good at something important and I'm good at losing things. How special..., she thought to herself sarcasticly. She jumped off Morafe and landed on her hurt leg. It collapsed under her, but atleast she could reach Alatariel now. She but the little leaf on one of her Alatariels wounds, knowing it was not enough to do much, but atleast it would help the pain. "I hope Eeva get back with more soon", she said to herself. She looked back at Alatariel. "Does that help the least bit? Eeva will bring more soon...", she said softly.

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by eldir]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 05:40
The fox blinked. 'Grove? Oh...that must be why those others were trying to drive me off...'

"No, I am not." He spoke telepathically. "I am a nogitsune...the kami of this grove are black kitsunes." he cocked his head curious. "But I do wonder about your scent, priestess...if that is what you really are. My element is Earth, if you really want to know."

Aritomo sighed. He wished he could do more, but Alatariel would have to deal with it on her own now. Meanwhile, everyone could probably do with some food and maybe some tea. He moved towards the fire.

Ichiro went over to Tanrise and put a hand on her shoulder. "Come ,we need to look at your leg." he said quietly. "If you leave it for long, it will be worse."

(*Nogitsune - A wild kitsune; black kitsunes refer to the servants of the god Inari; both black and white kitsunes served as his messengers and servants. Nogitsunes were often tricksters and sometimes could be dangerous. Servants of Inari would often try to drive them away from sacred places. Some wild kitsunes can be friendly, but all kitsunes are rather tempermental. )
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 07:01
Alatariel looked up at Tanirise and faking a smile said, "Yes that does help a little, thank you." She waited until Ichiro got Tanirise away, then she quickly took the leaf off of her, ' ouch that burns a demon's skin.' she thought to herself wincing. Alatariel watched everyone for a little while, then she sat up slowly, wincing as the muscles in her shoulders tightened. She got up and managed to half stumble over to her medicinal pouch. She plled out a homeade ointment out of it, and putting some on her hand, she rubbed it into the wound, wincing as the cream touched her wounds. She felt a burning sensation as the cream absorbed into her skin. Then she grabbed her cloak, which was nearby and leaned up against a tree, facing away from the others and began to weep.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 11:57
Tanirise hesitated for a moment, then followed Ichiro. She knew she couldn't do any more for Alatariel, if she had done anything at all.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 03:13
Namiko cocked her head, and rose. "Well, some call me a priestess for lack of better words," she said to the nogitsune in her mind. "Hey, eeva," she called out, sheathing her sword at her side once more, being careful of her hand. "Is that the athelas? You should hurry back to the others. Alatariel is having a bad time."

As Eeva nodded and ran off, naturally giving the pair an odd look as she past, Namiko smiled and waved her off. She turned back to the fox spirit. "We have hurt friends," she said. "Sitll, fox spirits in general have been omens, and even tricksters can still be generous with thier friends. My father's kind has known that for eras."

Namiko turned her scabbard to face the fox flat on, showing the dragons decorated on it. "My name is Namiko," she said with a smile. "What about you, Wild Fox?"

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by eldir]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 06:26
Alatariel sat curled up under a tree away from the others. She sat for a while and then drifted off into a restless sleep. She dreamt about her childhood and how she met Grandmother. She remembered being happy for the first time since she had been driven out of her home. Then her dreams turned to that fateful day when her Grandmother was killed.......
Alatariel woke with a start, only to find the sun setting, she had only been asleep for a few hours. She stood up, shivering and afraid for the first time in years. She climbed the tree and sat in one of the highest branches looking at the stars that were just starting to show in the sky. She stayed like that for hours. 'I am so sorry Grandmother....' She whispered to the wind, remembering the events from six years ago that lead to Grandmother's death. ' who is trying to remind me of that pain by using Grandmother and what are they trying to accomplish?' she thought as she stared up at the sky.

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by eldir]
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 01:01
When Tanirise's leg was all bandaged up, she thanked Ichiro and started to limp over towards Alatariel. She then saw the look on Alatariel's face and decided she would proabably rather be left alone. So then she limped back over to the cave and watched out for the others. It was getting late.

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by CarolP]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 04:44
Eeva ran back to the others quickly, slowing as she felt herself being watched. She stopped altogether, looking around. Her eyes scanned her surroundings in the fading light. "Hello?" A small breeze blew past her and she shivered, not from the cold, but from a great presence of evil near her.

She began to walk quickly towards everyone, speaking to herself, "I'll be there soon. It's just some curious animals, nothing more." She picked up the pace, now in a full run.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 05:16
Alatariel watched everyone for a little while from her position in her tree. She saw Eeva enter the camp. Alatariel had a sad far off look in her eyes as she watched the others. She jumped out of the tree and walked over to the place where she kept the food and grabbed a piece of bread. She walked over to the base of the tree and sat down. She stared at the bread for quite some time, but didn't feel like eating it. After a while she looked over at Eeva and said, "Eeva......." her voice trailed off and she let her eyes fall to the ground.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 05:55
Eeva walked over to Alatariel, forgetting about the herbs she had went to get. "Is something wrong?" She looked hard at her.

<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email