Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The half demon (feel free to jump in :) )
on: February 08, 2004 11:29
Alatariel heard Namiko's whistle and turned around. She bolted back toward the clearing all the while thinking to herself 'I shouldn't have left them alone.'

She entered the clearing and saw Namiko hiding in the cave with about nine demons approaching. They were only small demons, ones she had scared off many times. They lived off of human flesh and she knew who their next victim would be, Aritomo, for he was bleeding and that was what had attracted them. Alatariel stepped out into the clearing and said in a loud very commanding voice, "What do you think you are doing, little demons? These humans are mine, not yours so get the heck out of here before I rip your heads off." The little demons turned around and stared at Alatariel terrified. One of them got up enough courage and stepped forward saying, "Get your own food, half breed, these are ours."

Alatariel's eye twitched slightly as she retorted, "What did you say, you little whelp?" She took a step forward and they took a step back, then with a very loud menacing voice she said, "Get out of here or die!!!"
Terrified the demons took off running into the forest. Alatariel stared after them until she couldn't smell them anymore, then she turned to Namiko and said, "Are you alright? If you are go and check on Ichiro, they may have gotten him. I will stay with Aritomo and Tanirise and keep them safe."
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 08:21
(ooc: hiding? who's hiding? )

Sheathing her sword Namiko nodded and ran off, tightening her towel with one hand and holding her sword in the other. She practically flew through down the trail when a demon landed in front of her. She quickly unlocked her sword with her thumb and grabbed the hilt. A clean swipe across his chest sent him running. Hearing a noise behid her she swung the scabbard arround, knocking another across the jaw.

"Human!" cried one, swinging from a tree above, "we will feast on ou eventually! Or your friends!"

Namiko spat at the demon and sheathed her sword. "Ha! I am no human and you know it. But then again, you do not know even your own size. You don't seriously think you could make food out of me do you, hmm?"

The demon, enraged jumped for Namiko. She caught him on the scabbard and pushed him off over her head. With the demons behind her she rushed to the springs and a startled bathing Ichiro. She threw his towel at him and looked promptly the other way. "Sorry to interupt, but..."
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 04:14
Tanirise work up with a start from all the yelling and shouting. She saw Alatariel looking very alert. "What's going on? What's happened? Don't tell me I slept through everything! Just my luck...", she said. She hated to aways miss out on the action. "Where is Namiko?", she asked after relizing she was missing.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 06:22
"Namiko went to find Ichiro. You missed a demon attack." Alatariel said, then she realized that Eeva was missing. "Where is Eeva?" She asked, not expecting an answer. She turned to Tanirise and said, "Watch Aritomo and keep him safe, the demons will be back for him. Whistle if you need help. i am going to find Eeva." Alatariel dashed off 'Where has that girl gone off to?' She thought to herself as she ran. she began to yell "Eeva, where are you!!!"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 07:13
(OOC: Figures, all the action would happen while I was away. -__-)

Ichiro grabbed the towel and quickly dried himself, then pulled on his clothes and grabbed his swords. "I thought I heard something; what is it? More demons?"

Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 10:27
"Yes," Namiko said, still facing away from Ichiro. "They are like apes but apparently want to eat human flesh. They were headed towards you, but I don't see their shadows anymore. They may be diverted... but we should get back none the less. They had smelled Aritomo's dried blood."

Namiko adjusted her towel as Ichiro came up next to her. She continued to scan the trees but saw nothing. Did they go back to the cave...? "Lets go," she said, and sprinted off down the trail.

(ooc: or maybe picked up Eeva's scent, hmm?? I never thought I'd be fighting in a towel! )
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 10:43
(sorry flash if you don't like what I am going to do but yeah)

Alatariel soon found Eeva. She was sitting near the horses, watching them graze. "Eeva...." Alatariel said, not sure what to say, then remembering the danger she said, "Eeva, come with me, it isn't safe here." She grabbed Eeva's hand ans half drug her back toward camp.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 12:50
Tanirise sat watching Aritomo with a frown. She was still a little angry she had missed all the action. She knew that she shouldn't want their group to be attacked at all, but the stupid demons could at least attck when she was awake... She would have killed them all, anyways. She suddenly relized how selfish she was being and stopped. She got up and stood outside the cave. She watched Aritomo from the corner of her eye.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 12:59
Namiko got to the clearing without event, Ichiro following close behind. When she arrived she skidded to a halt from what she saw: three demons were poised over the edge of the cave above Tanirise, ready to fall down upon her.

"Tanirise!" Namiko shouted and pointed, just as the first demon let himself fall through the air.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 06:28
Just then a sweet looking old woman entered the camp, and when the demons saw her they ran. "Hello.." The woman said, "I was hoping to find Alatariel here. Are you travelling with her?" She asked smiling sweetly.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 07:37
Namiko stared at the old woman increduously. "Uh.. yes."

Remembering politeness (who knows who this one is!) she lowered her hand holding her scabbarded sword and added, "My name is Namiko. Might I ask your name grandmother?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 09:01
"you may call me grandmother, miss Namiko." The old woman said with a smile. "Is Alatariel around? I have not seen her in almost three monthes and wish to speak with her." The old woman had her silver hair up in a bun and wore a worn out pink kimono and carried no weapons. She had gray eyes that gleamed almost silver and a very kind looking weathered face.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 11:18
"Yes, though I believe she went off to check on another companion. She should return soon."

Namiko walked over to the fire, puzzled over this new arrival. Well, she scared the demons off, so maybe she isn't human. I wonder of what nature she is made, and how she knows Alatariel...

She gathered up her clothes, now dry and somehow unscathed from the recent excitement. As she did she noticed the soup pot and stood. "There is some soup left, if you desire it Grandmother, and you too Ichiro-sama. Youre lucky it didn't get spilled." And I'm lucky my clothes aren't burnt, she thought. "Excuse me."

Namiko gave a nod to Ichiro, the grandmother, and Tanirise as she walked to the cave. After seeing that Aritomo was all right she found a small outcropping to change behind. When she finished she sat down next to Aritomo, sword in the crook of her arm, and set about fixing her hair.

[Edited on 11/2/2004 by Abraon]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 06:21
Grandmother watched Namiko carefully and after a while said, "So how did you meet dear Alatariel and were you planning on staying here long?"

Meanwhile Alatariel was leading Eeva back to camp, when an unfamiliar scent caught her attention, but she was unable to trace where it originated. That fact worried her and she quickened her pace as much as she could, without losing Eeva.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 06:56
Tanirise put down the bow she had pulled out to get the demons and walked over to Namiko and the old lady who had just appeared. There seemed to be something strange about the grandmother.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 07:06
Grandmother smiled sweetly at Tanirise and Ichiro and said, "Now who might you two be?" Then she noticed Aritomo in the cave and said, "Is your friend injured, and is there anything I can do to help?" She walked toward the cave where Aritomo lay.

[Edited on 11/2/2004 by Abraon]
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 10:24
Namiko tried not to let her eyes narrow. "He's just recovering from a blow, he'll be fine," she said camly. Namiko noticed that some of the dried blood still remained on Aritomo's temple. "Here," she said, folding up her damp towel, "let me get that." She carefully went on her knees and delicately set about cleaning Aritomo's forehead. While she did this she spoke to the grandmother.

"Perhaps we shall save the story of how we met for when Alatariel arives," she said tactfully.

She changed her gaze from the healed wound she wiped to Aritomo's green eyes, speaking more to him though her words were directed to the grandmother. "But what brings you out traveling alone through these parts when humans, demons, and even other beings choose to travel with companions?"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 10:54
Ichiro had stayed silent and now sat by the fire with Tanrise. He kept his hand near his sword however; he wasn't trusting of strangers and there were many a demon who could change forms.

Aritomo started awake as he felt a cool rag on his head. Above him, he could hear Namiko speaking.

"But what brings you out traveling alone through these parts when humans, demons, and even other beings choose to travel with companions?" the miko was saying. Aritomo allowed his eyes to open.

the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 12:20
Tanirise didn't trust the grandmother. She noticed the others seemed pretty tense, too. She also Ichiro was keeping close to his sword. She decided it might be wise to have her bow near by so, she went and got it from the entrance of the cave where she had dropped it. The grandmother gave her a bit of a strange look when she came back carrying a bow, but Tanirise just glared back.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 12:51
Namiko was glad when Aritomo's eyes opened up all the way. She smiled and helped him to sit up by himself, gaving him a little look and a nod before turning on her hears to hear the grandmother's reply, if any.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 01:29
Tanirise noticed that Aritomo had finally wake up. She went over to the soup Alatariel had made and filled a bowl with it. She gave it to Aritomo. She smiled and said,"Eat this. You must be very hungry. It will make you feel better, too.".
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 05:16
"i am just an old woman that lives in the villiage nearby. I have taken care of Alatariel since she was very young. She has stayed here, for she was chased out of the villiage, but i pitted her and took care of her." Grandmother replied to Namiko's question, smiling cheerfully. She noticed that the others were all somewhat jumpy at her presence and said, "Might I ask why you all seem quite tense?" her gray eyes glittered in the sunlight and she smiled again.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 08:23
(ooc: wow we're just like fattening Aritomo up aren't we! how many bowls has he had? like 3 now? lol )

Namiko accepted the grandmother's response, for now at least. "It's been a long and interesting day, and we haven't been able to trust everyone weve come across, Grandmother." Namiko patted Aritomo on the shoulder and smiled gently at the grandmother.

"Come, we might as well empty that soup pot while it's still good. The sun is going down," she said, glancing at the sky and the bright colors reflected in the few clouds. Beautiful golds and pinks, she caught herself wanting to fly through them, a rare thought, but it too must wait.

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by eldir]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 06:37
"Oh you poor dears. what kind of interseting day was it? It looks to me like it wasn't a very good one." Grandmother said with concern in her grey eyes. She too looked up at the sky and saw that dark was approaching, "Nothing better than a night sky..." she said speaking to no one in particular.

Meanwhile Alatariel ran through the trees, followed closely by Eeva. "Hurry we must get back before dark." she said while thinking 'The worst things come out at night and I must get back to the others as quickly as I can.'. the scent she had caught earlier was still clinging in the air and she couldn't place the origin and the made her very uneasy.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 06:46
(OOC: Man, Aritomo is getting spoiled! lol)

Aritomo smiled and accepted the soup, although he really wasn't that hungry; just a little dizzy. He saw the old woman.

"Oh, hello." he stated. "I am Aritomo."

InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 06:53
"I will go down to the stream now and get some water." Grandmother said as she walked down to the stream.

Alatariel entered camp just as the sun finished setting. She saw that everyone was alright and let out a sigh of relief. She saw that Aritomo was awake and that Ichiro was back. "So are you feeling better now Aritomo?" Alatariel asked as she put her sword in the cave near her pack. "Did I miss anything?"
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 09:04
Namiko nodded emphatically. "A grandmother like person about yay high..." She described the woman to Alatariel. " She went to the stream. very interesting. She scared the demons away with her presence. We werent sure whether to trust her or not. She said she knew you from when you were young."

Namiko stopped, trying to read Alatariel's face for recognition of this strange woman.
usagi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 09:30
(this is Inwe I was posting for usagi on bag of chips and i am too lazy to switch to mine so i am going to post form this one)

Alatariel looked at Namiko for a few moments, confused. "An old woman? Was her name Grandmother?" she asked.
at a nod from Namiko, her eyes widened, "But she has been dead for six years now!" She sniffed the air and caught a somewhat familiar scent, it was the long forgotten scent of Grandmother, but it was different somehow.
She looked back at Namiko and said, "She was a powerful elder in the villiage nearby and worked also as a demonslayer, killing evil demons with a single touch. She did care for me when i was young, but she died in one of her fights with a demon six years ago."
Grandmother came back form the stream and said, "Oh I see you are finally back, Alatariel." she smiled and then realizing the shocked look on Alatariel's face she added, "You seem suprised to see me Alatariel. It has been a while, come give Grandmother a hug." She held out her arms to Alatariel.
Alatariel couldn't explain it but joy filled her heart and, letting down her guard she rushed and embraced Grandmother, her eyes filed with tears, "I have missed you Grandmother!" She exclaimed.
Grandmother smiled and said, "I have missed you to, dear." but her voice was changed and sounded menacing. Alatariel didn't notice the change, for when she let down her guard, she was put under a spell, bringing her mind back to her childhood and making her unable to see all of her friends.
"I will never let you go." Grandmother said, ignoring Namiko and the others.

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by CarolP]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 09:09
As Grandmother said this she began to grow long rattlesnake like fangs and her hair turned bright red and seemed to writh like a thousand snakes. Alatariel was oblivious to what was happen because she was under the demon's spell. The demon's nails grew long and dug into Alatariel's shoulders and began to drain the life out of Alatariel. "Stupid half breed you are weak, letting your emotions for stupid mortals get in your way of better judgement. It will feel good to kill you and rid the world of one more vile half breed weakling, and with your power added to my own I will be nearly invincible. No one can stop me from achieving my goal. *Evil laughter*" She could feel Alatariel's life draining out of her and laughed.

[Edited on 15/2/2004 by eldir]
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 04:54
Tanirise couldn't believe what was happening. After pulling heself together, she grabbed her bow and shot at the demon, but the demon caught it and snapped it in half. She tried shooting again, but because ofthe demons spell, no arrow could hit her.

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by CarolP]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 06:55
"Foolish mortal!!!" the demon yelled, laughing as she continued to drain the life from Alatariel. Then she shot a beam, not unlike lightning, at Tanirise sending her flying into the side of a tree. She laughed wickedly.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 07:54
Ichiro growled and ran foward, swords in hand. Aritomo stood. "Ichiro, don't!"

He was too late however. The demon shot a beam at Ichiro. The hunter barely dodged, the energy signing his arm. He jumped back, wincing slightly. Aritomo stood.

"This isn't something you can handle." he said seriously, then walked forward. "Lady Namiko, can you create a barrier to protect the others?" he asked.

Without waiting for anwer, Aritomo picked up his staff and suddenly ran forward, quicker than Ichiro had expected. Ofuda appeared in the priest's fingers and he threw them at the demon. The demon cried out in pain, as did Alatariel. Aritomo winced, but hoped that Alatariel's human blood would protect her somewhat. Raising his staff, he brought the metal part of it down hard on the demon's head, cracking it open. Reaching out, he grabbed Alatariel and pulled her away from the demon's grasp.

"Alatariel, can you hear me? Are you all right?" he asked quickly.

Before she could answer however, there was a cackling laugh. The demon stood up, blood running down it's face from it's cracked skull. "You think you could defeat me so easily, priest?" it snapped.

(OOC: Okay, someone else can try to kill it now.)
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 09:54
Alatariel moaned slightly, barely alive for almost all of her life had been drained from her, and pools of blood collected underneath her shoulders, from her wounds.
The demon laughed harder and said, "I have taken almost all of her life away, she will not survive anyway, so why not let me finish her off so she can fully become part of a true demon. She has always wished to be completely demon so she could terrorize the humans who had tortured her throughout her life." She laughed again and threw a bolt at Aritomo, knocking him on his back, "You weak little priest you can not fight me, ecpecially injured like that."

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by CarolP]
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 06:04
Tanirise tried to get up and help the others, but when she did, she her leg collapsed. It had broken upon impact with the tree. She had a cut up her face too, and she was having trouble seeing through the blood. She didn't really mind though, seeing that Alatariel was hurt MUCH more.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 06:48
Eeva hid behind some large bushes, whispering incantations. She had already cast a protective circle around herself, hoping it would be enough. She called upon the elements, combining them to hopefully conjure a large storm. The sky darkened and the wind picked up as she whispered more. Sleet began falling from the sky, striking the ground hard, freezing upon impact.

Looking out from behind her shelter, she realized her friends would be harmed as well. Pausing her current spell, she threw out protective shields to all her friends. She began chanting again, her voice a montone, droning on, carrying above the wind. She stood up from her shelter, her chanting becoming a song. She sang out, her hands raised above her head. When the demon saw her, she tried attacking, but her attempts were shattered as they hit her circle wall.

Crimson lightning streaked through the sky, sleet still falling, the demon laughing, speaking. "Foolish human, you cannot harm me. Especially with your little tricks."

Eeva grinned. "I'm much more than a simple human, and much more than a witch. All of you underestimate me greatly. I'm earth, fire, air, and water, all in one." She smiled, and began to sing. Her voice rose out above the wind, carrying on it sweetly. The sleet landed on the demon's skin, burning like acid. The crimson lightning struck the ground, surrounding her. it created a cage, which slowly fit to the demons body, making her unable to move.

Singing a few more words, the demon was swallowed up by the lightning, disappearing as it retreated to the sky. the weather cleared, and Eeva's shields disappeared. Falling to the ground, Eeva grabbed her head in pain.

Trying to look up, she blacked out.

((I think that made up for all the posts I didn't post. lol. I've been so busy with things, I needed to get caught up. Um, well as for Eeva's role. She's not who you thought she was.....lol. but um yea, she's weak and is going to need to be connected with all the elements again, and that can only happen by this ritual. So yea, we'll work that out more later, lol. Unless someone of course wants to take over, and just make a bunch of junk up. That's what I'm doing, making it up as I go. Feel free to jump ahead!!))

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by eldir]
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email