Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Passer
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The half demon (feel free to jump in :) )
on: January 20, 2004 08:41
"I see now. Is it perhaps because you are human? I always wondered why our mother had a fondness for that wreched species. Such a pity your father had to be a snivelling, pathetic little weakling. Much like yourself."
Riyitan stared her now-human sister in the eyes.
"However, fighting you now might be too dull. Mabey i should just wait for awhile, hmm? Or should i save my self the wait and slaughter you now?"
Riyitan took a step towards her sister.
"decisions, decisions....."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 08:52
Alatariel took a step backward. "How about you leave and then you can come back tomorrow so I can kill you." Alatariel said with hate in her voice. She held her sword out in defence. "My father was not weak so you can just take that back, or I will be forced to part you from your head."
Passer
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 09:05
"Even as a human, Alatariel, you are still profusely annoying. So here's what ill do. I WILL leave now. And I WILL come back later. But just so you don't forget, let me leave you with a few parting gifts."
And with that, Riyitan put up two fingers and shot a bolt of magic at her sister, sending her flying into the tree. Then, walking towards the direction of the inn, Riyitan grabs a large stick, and after setting it on fire, hurls it onto the roof of the inn, where it begins to set the whole building ablaze.
"Farewell, my dear sister."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 09:06
(OOC: Sorry I haven't been on! I've just been so swamped lately...*sigh*)

Aritomo sat next to the girl as Ichiro left to get water. He smiled in a friendly way, his bright green eyes lighting up a bit.

"You should probably get some more rest after Ichiro-kun returns with your drink." he said gently. The girl nodded.

After Ichiro had helped the girl drink some of the water he brought back, the two men sat near her futon, but far enough away as not to disturb her.

"You are sure it was the hanyou?" Aritomo asked softly. Ichiro nodded.

"She identified the demon herself; and hanyous have unstable blood; there have been times when the demon side becomse so strong that they are merely bloodthirsty killers with no other mind than to destroy."

"Yes, I know." ARitomo's face was thoughtful. Ichiro looked at his friend.

"I know you would like to give her the benefit of the doubt, Aritomo-sama, but I do not think that is a wise idea. We should be on our guard."

Aritomo sighed. "As you say." he stated, then stood. Ichiro looked at him.

"Where are you going?"

Aritomo smiled. "I had hoped to speak to that miko...Namiko I think her name was? I will return soon, Ichiro-kun."

With that the monk left. He felt a strange disturbance nearby...and thought it may be another demon. But he didn't want to get Ichiro excited about nothing...

[Edited on 1/20/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 03:12
Namiko had left the room, sliding the door behind her. She had intended to go out to find where Halleth had gone when a new scent caught her attention. Smells like someone burnt some food in the kitchen, she thought. She took a step and felt a little woozy. Perhaps i shouldve gotten some food to go with all that tea and sake. Oh well, it would've been burnt anyways!

Namiko was about to take an actual step when Aritomo slid open the door and stepped out into the hall. Namiko shook her head, regaining some semblance of awareness by the time the monk came up to her. "Ah! Hello... Aritomo, was it?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 06:35
Alatariel was stunned by the bolt that send her flying into a tree. She saw her sister throw a burning stick onto the roof and struggled to get up. As her sister began to leave, laughing, Alatariel got up and yelled, "I will get you for that sister. You just wait! When we meet again it will be you that will die!" but Riyitan simply laughed and disappeared into the trees. Alatariel struggled to keep on her feet. The bolt of magic had badly injured her weak human body, and she was having trouble breathing, because it had struck her chest and reopened all of her wounds. Bleeding heavily she mananged somehow to run into the inn. She found Aritomo and Namiko talking in the hall and said, "Quick, we have to get everyone out of here! The inn is on fire!"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 06:38
The red-headed monk smiled and bowed his head. "I am flattered you remember, my lady Namiko." he raised his head and looked at her. "I had hoped to speak to you, but first...I've felt a slightly strange disturbance about. Do you sense something as well?"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 07:38
Alay then ran past Aritomo and Namiko and ran into the room where the injured girl lay. "We must leave. The inn is on fire!" she said and tried to pick the girl up. With much effort she managed to pick her up and ran out of the room carrying her, followed by the others. Alay was now bleeding worse than before, because of the extra strain of carrying the girl.
hobbit*lass
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 09:47
(ooc: i am also so busy with school/hw and this production i'm in...we're coming up for the first night, so we
are having a LOT of rehersals...that's why i haven't posted for AGES...Sorry! i am going to try to get on
here once a day, but thats why there aren't many posts from me )

Leithwyn was scared. Her parents had died in a fire, and she had only just survived herself. Alay was
carrying her, but she could see that she was in a lot of pain.
"put me down! I can walk" she insisted, but Alay simply replied, "Don't be stupid. You've got a massive gash
on your foot."
Namiko, who was hurrying along behind them and had caught up with them, heard this and said "I'll carry her, Alay. You're injured badly,
you fool. How do you think you're going to carry her all the way?"
Leithwyn was then given to Namiko, And Alay stopped in front of them.
"What is it, Alay?" asked Leithwyn
"We can't get out! The entrance is blazing!"
The smoke was getting thicker, and many people were now panicking as they saw thier escape route was
blocked. Aritomo, followed by Ichiro came up behind them, shortly followed by Halleth and then Tanirise.
From the corner of her eye, Leithwyn saw Alay, who was engulfed in smoke, clutch at her chest as it bled more and more. her face was getting paler, and suddenly she collapsed. Leithwyn yelled, and Halleth and Tanirise ran over to see Alay.
Leithwyn was now even more frightned, as this was looking more and more familiar to her. It was the same situation that led to her parent's deaths.

Riyitan is so cool!:evil:

(also, we are going away this weekend, so there won't be many posts from me until monday! sorry...)
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 11:02
Alay sat on the floor, clutching her chest, and breathing hard. Everyone had rushed over to her and Tanirise tried to help her get up. Alay simply pushed her hand away and said, "I can get up myself." She struggled to her feet and looked for an exit, but the doors were blocked. So she drew her sword and with a quick motion, cut a hole in the wall. "Come on everyone follow me!." She yelled and ran out the hole. She watched as everyone went out the hole. Suddenly she heard crying from inside 'oh no someone is trapped.' she thought to herself and ran inside, still bleeding heavily. She looked around for the person that belonged to the crying. The smoke was so thick and fire was everywhere and she was having trouble seeing and breathing. 'I won't give up!' she said to herself as she searched. "Where are you!" she yelled over the roar of the fire.
"Help me!" a small voice said. It sounded so far away. Alay searched desperatly, but found nothing. Suddenly she was kicked from behind sending her through a wall. She got up, with a lot of trouble and whirled around. "What the heck. what was that!" she yelled. Then she saw a tall figure emerge through the hole she had created.
"You are so stupid and gullable. I thought you were supposed to be strong." the figure said with a malicious tone in its voice.
"Who are you and what do you want?" Alay asked, breathing hard. The figure just walked up and before Alay could react, the figure kicked her again. She flew through the wall and landed on the grass, near Namiko.
Alay struggled to her feet, blood dripping from her wounds and puddling on the grass beneath her. The figure came into the sunlight and revealed another demon. "What is it with you demons today!" Alay exclaimed as the demon came closer.
"I am going to kill you Alatariel Annárë! You killed my brother, vile half demon!" The demon charged as Alay, who was barely able to stand and kicked her to the ground.
Alay struggle to her feet, only to be kicked down again. Coughing up blood, Alay attempted to get up again, but her injuries were too extensive for her human body.
"Don't tell me you are down already filthy half breed?" The demon said tauntingly as he kicked Alay again. He then picked her up by the throat and began to choke her, but not before he ran his hand through her stomach.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 11:41
(ooc: Sorry I haven't posted in so long! I've been swamped with homework and studying!)

Tanirise turned around to see Alay on the floor, with the demon choking her. She picked up a peice of burning wood and threw it at the demon's head. It hit it, but didn't do much damage. She tried to pick up another peice, but burnt her hand in the flames.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 11:47
All of a sudden, the demon's hold was broken and he flew across the room, thanks to Aritomo's staff. The monk's green eyes were narrowed. "Lady Namiko, it would be best if you and the others got out of here quickly." he said in a serious tone as he put himself between Alay and the demon.

The demon stood. "Get out of my way priest, or suffer a quick trip to the afterlife."

"He doesn't stand alone." Ichiro stated harshly, two swords in each hand as he stood next to his friend. "Come and try us if you like."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 11:59
Alay lay on the ground breathing hard after Aritomo broke the demon's hold on her. She was stunned and couldn't believe that someone was actually protecting her. She struggled to get up and finally managed to stand. She drew her sword again and said, "Thank you Aritomo and Ichiro, but let me handle this. I owe this demon for hurting me." But as she said this she was overcome by a wave of pain and fell to her knees. "Darn this stupid human body! It can't do anything right!" She said, frusterated at her weakness. Just then the demon charged straight at Aritomo.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 12:12
Aritomo brought up his staff but one of Ichiro's swords clanged harshly against the demon's claws as his foot swung at the exposed midsection of the demon. The demon screamed with rage as he fell, then stood again. Ichiro brought up one swrod vertically in front of him and the other on level with his head pointing towards the demon. Aritomo walked back and picked up Alay.

"I apologzie for robbing you of your revenge, but you are in no shape to fight anything. Besides, Ichiro needs a chance to let off some steam." he said quietly, while getting out of the way.

Ichiro was a good fighter and soon, the demon was on the ground, eyes vacant. The demon hunter wiped the blood off his swords and resheated them, turning away.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 12:21
Alay was too weak to argue with Aritomo as he picked her up. Her clothing was soaked with blood and a puddle had formed underneath her. "I hate this stupid fragile human body. I can't do anything while i am stuck in it." She said. Her human body had begun to lose strength and she felt dizzy. Her vision blurred as she looked into Aritomo's eyes and before she passed out, she said "Aritomo, I trust you. Don't let anything happen to anyone." Then everything went black.
Passer
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 01:01
Sitting in the trees, some distance away, Riyitan witnessed the defeat of the demon by the monk. With all of her little friends helping her, Riyitan pondered, her sister would be more of an annoyance than she though. And that pesky demon, almost taking HER kill away from her. Well, she thought, she would just have to keep a closer eye on her sister from now on.

(OOC: I LOVE being evil!)
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 01:14
(ooc: wow I missed a lot today!)

Namiko had helped Tanrise with her burnt hand while Aritomo and ichiro finished of the demon. Leave here, ha! she thought to herself. She told her to keep her hand wrapped up until they could sort out everyone's injuries.

Behind them Namiko could see other patrons of the inn clustering near the trees. She turned her head to follow the path of some men, apparently running for water. The fire was slowly burning the inn down. The'll need more than just water.. i dont know if I should...if I can...

Namiko stepped behind Alay who was talking to Aritomo. Within a split second of her arrival, Alay had tottered in Aritomo's arms. Namiko gently lifted Alay's head with her hand, oddly light, to help him get a better hold. Turning back towards the inn, Namiko extended her other hand. Soon a fine mist spread forth, covering the inn and the space in front of them. Hopefully the moisture would keep more of the wood from burning.

Namiko brought back her hand to help position Alay's clothing, trying to keep her wounds covered. Aritomo had a wonderfully quizical but amused look on his face. Namiko looked into his green eyes.

"Aritomo-sama, help me. I cannot heal her by myself, not this time."

[Edited on 21/1/2004 by Lissiriel]

[Edited on 21/1/2004 by Lissiriel]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 01:27
Alay moaned in pain, 'darn this human body!' she thought to herself. She opened her eyes to see Namiko and Aritomo standing over her. She tried to get up, but found herself unable to move. She felt so lightheaded and had a hole in her stomach from where the demon had run her through with his hand. Suddenly her eyes opened wide as she caught the faint scentof her sister on the air. "No not her again." she whispered as she tried to get up again. She knew that if her sister decided to attack again Alay would be killed, but she couldn't let the others get hurt. She struggled even harder to get up.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 01:46
"Ai! Lay back down!" Namiko commanded. "You're in no position to be charging off again. No other demons are going to come tonight, not under my watch. Besides, you've lost a lot of blood and you wouldnt be able to get very far anyways. Tanrise should be coming back soon with healing equipment from the villagers. They saw you injured and wanted to help. We're in one of thier huts."

Aritomo gently lays a hand on Alay, easing her back down to the futon he had layed her on before she awoke.

"Rest now, Alay-dono," Namiko said, trying her best to give a gentle smile. At least sleep is better than unconscousness. I hope she holds on just a little longer.
Araiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 02:00
(ooc: this is InweSilimaure. i am on a friends account right now.)

Alay laid back down, but said to Namiko,"Why would the villiagers want to help me? didn't they hear that demon call me a half demon? no one after finding that out has ever tried to help me." She winced in pain. Still sensing her sister she said to Namiko, "My sister is near. watch out. And I apologize in advance for any trouble I may cause." She close her eyes and was soon asleep, she was very tired, mostly because she had lost so much blood.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 03:11
Aritomo knelt down next to Alay as Namiko worked on her. "I am afraid you will have to guide me, Namiko-sama." he said. "Medicine of this sort is not my strong point."

Ichiro meanwhile, was looking at the priestess closely. 'Strange power she has...' he thought distantly. 'But then, she is one blessed by the gods...' the tall man turned away and walked to the edge of the clearing. He had heard Alay say something about her sister...Ichiro didn't think this village or their group could take any more damage. His blue eyes were sharp as he studied the surrounding forest. It had been a long time since he had had to be this alert.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 08:19
"Medicine is not my strong point either, Aritomo-sama." Namiko said as the two worked carefully on Alay's wounds. The villager whose hut they were in had given some cloth for bandages and a pot of herb medicine. They help because they do not see her as a threat. Who would believe that the one being beat up is the powerful hanyou they should fear?

"Humans are truly interesting," Namiko whispered under her breath. "At times jaded and hatefull- grudged, at others blind and loving- forgiving. She's very lucky."

Namiko reached for the poultice pot at the same time as Aritomo. Thier hands hit and she quickly pulled the pot away but still could not help looking into his eyes. Very interesting, she thought.

[Edited on 1/22/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 07:02
Aritomo smiled briefly, not sure whether to be amused or flustered. "I think we will need some more bandages." he said softly, turning away. The villager had provided them with some cloth for bandagin, but it still needed to be cut into strips. Aritomo began on this.

Ichiro sat on the porch of the villager who had taken them in. He still felt uneasy, despite the ofudas Aritomo had scattered about the residence. Not that he doubted his friend's ability; it was just that he had been trained to keep on guard.

He glanced over; one of the women was there. What was her name? Tanrise? Something like that...she had elfin blood, he observed.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 07:13
(Ooc: okay once again summing up Alay's wounds, Scratces on her cheek, left shoulder wound, right leg wound, a fist sized hole in her stomache area, and a gash in her back, not to mention all of the bruises from being kicked.)

Alatariel opened her eyes to see that Namiko and Aritomo were both tending to her wounds, and she winced as Namiko put an ointment on her stomach wound. After that she fell back into a deep sleep. Namiko and Aritomo kept watch over her late into the night.
Alatariel opened her eyes, it was now morning and the sun was streaming through the windows. She sat up in her bed and looking around, spotted Namiko and Aritomo asleep nearby. 'Thy watched over me all night?' she thought to herself confused. She got up and went outside the house. She looked up at the sun and took a deep breath of the fresh air. Suddenly a scream broke through the silence. Looking around, she tried to see where the scream came from, then a pot flew past her head barely missing her. "What the..." she started to say raising her hands, then she saw that her claws had come back. 'oh no' she thought to herself as people once again began to throw things at her. She ran just outside the villiage and climbed a tree. "Well it looks like i changed back." she said quietly. She sat looking up at the sky and thought to herself that her sister might come back anytime now. She decided to leave the villiage as soon as possible. She touched her cheek and felt the scratches still there.

[Edited on 22/1/2004 by Abraon]
Passer
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 11:56
Watching her younger sister from one of the highest tree tops, Riyitan began to think over a few things. For one, the last demon that attacked Alatariel was not one of her sendings. Perhaps there is something more to her younger sister, something more valuable indeed. She was at least half demon after all. Riyitan sniffed the air indignantly.
"Or blood line is not so weak that it would render a hanyou completly untalented.Indeed, she has lost control of the demon blood sleeping within her veins a number of times."
Killing her sibling would just have to wait until she learned more of her sisters....uniqueness.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 03:01
Namiko awoke to the sound of something terra cotta smashing against one of the walls. "Wha...?" She groggily sat up, eyes still closed, only half remembering that she had actually gone to sleep sometime during the night. She had been dreaming about her father again. Sometimes it felt like they could never really be parted, even though his body was buried on thier ancestral mountain. Namiko opened her eyes and did a double take. Where was Alay/Alatariel?

She stood up, ran outside and got two steps when she realized someone had taken off her sandals for her. She rushed back and slipped them on. When she finally rounded the side of the house she saw Alatariel just slipping past the treeline. A man came up to Namiko.

"You're lucky," he said. "We caught that demon trying to sneak into the house. I sure hope those girls are alright." With that he shook his head and walked off. Namiko continued to look into the trees. Eh, some time alone may be good for her. But I wonder where the others got to...

Namiko gave a sigh and went back to the house. She slipped her sandals off and went back to the spot near Aritomo where she had awoken, resolved to catch a little more sleep before they had to go.

[Edited on 1/23/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2004 06:12
Alatariel kept thinking over the events that had taken place in the last day. She had begun to think that for the first time ever, she belonged somewhere, but that thought was shattered when she was chased out of the village. She jumped out of the tree she was in and decided to sneak back into the village. She snuck around the back of the cottage and saw namiko and Aritomo asleep again. She climbed in the window and grabbing a piece of paper, she wrote a note put it in the folds of Aritomo's cloak. The note read "Come and find me in the forest when you wake up. signed Alatariel"
Then she snuck out of the house again and went back into the forest, knowing that she should not attempt to interact with the others in front of other humans.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 04:39
ooc: Sorry it's been so long. My internet wasn't working the other day.

Tanirise watched Alatariel sneak in and leave a note. She was standing down a hall, so Alatariel couldn't see her. Once Alatariel had left again, she left too. She thought about going after her, but she decided that Alatariel might just want to be alone for a bit. So, she walked around the village, admiring the little cottages and the beautiful gardens and trees. About an hour later she got back to the cottage they were staying in, to see everyone was still asleep.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 06:25
Namiko felt the warmth of the morning's sun streaming in through a window. It felt nice but she knew she'd have to get up soon. She heard someone's footseps walk down the hall. See, everyone else is up, except you lazy bones, she thought.

Namiko sat up. "Well, maybe not just me," she whispered, seeing Aritomo curled up in front of her. She stretched out a leg lazily and nudged him with her foot. "Aritomo-sama, its time to wake up," she said.
Lady_Elwing
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 09:06
Halleth had watched all the happenings from far away, and decided she would do better not to get mixed up with the doings of demons. She jumped on her horse, Gaimwen, and continued on her journey home.
(ooc: Sorry, I just got bored and couldn't find a place for my character in this)
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 04:13
(ooc: Sorry to hear it Lady_elwing, but keep checkin back to see if you could fit later )

Alatariel watched the clouds pass by as she waited for Aritomo. 'Maybe I should just go on alone and save everyone else the pain of getting involved.' she thought to herself as she saw Halleth ride off on her horse, 'She must have decided to go back home.' she thought. Then she began to wonder where Eeva had gone. 'I haven't seen her in quite a while. She probably left too. After all, not many people stay around me for long, I wouldn't be suprised if everyone else left too.'
Activity in the village began to pick up and Alatariel watched the villager go about their lives, longing to be able to join them and live a normal life.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 06:55
Eeva looked around, unsure of where she was. After she had been grabbed from behind, she was rendered unconscious, and was getting frightened. She stood up, the surroundings all unfamiliar. "Alatariel. Are you there?"

A younger looking girl appeared in front of her. "You're friend abandoned you. Said she didn't want a mortal with her."

Eeva stared at the girl in shock. "She wouldn't say that. She is my friend."

"Was is more like it."

Eeva stood up. She flicked her wrist and one of the many stilettoes she kept in her sleeve fell into her hand. Before the girl knew what happened, she had thrown one at her, landing it right in her chest, making her fall instantly to the ground, dead. Eeva ran out of the forest she was in, not sure of where to go. She could hear the footsteps behind her. Many were chasing her, but why?

She began to chant a spell, a locator one to be exact. As she chanted, a small golden orb appeared, she gave it intructions and it flew off, to find Alatariel and Maura. It reached them, telling them to follow, Maura ran fast, spooked by the orb. The orb guided it to Eeva, who jumped on just as the group of followers caught up with her.

[Edited on 1/25/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 04:37
back in the house...

Namiko's foot nudgind eventually woke aritomo up. As he stood up and stretched, a piece of paper floated down from the folds of his clothes.

Namiko picked the note off the floor. She read it quickly before handing it to Aritomo. "I guess it's time to go, too," she said.

Before long the two had found Tanirise in the house, collected what little was thiers and when out to find Ichiro.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 08:58
Ichiro looked up as Aritomo, Tanrise and Namiko walked over. He stood.

"It looks like we are going to be leaving this village for now." Aritomo said. Ichiro nodded.

"And what of the young girl; the first one wounded? The one who claimed it was Alatariel. Is she to stay in the village?" the demon hunter asked.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 12:58
Alatariel was waiting for Aritomo when she saw the orb. She knew instantly that Eeva was in trouble. She knew Eeva's scent and the orb was covered in it. She took off running, folowing the orb. She saw Eeva's horse also following it and soon she lost sight of the horse. She approached a clearing and heard many voices and one that sounded afraid. It was Eeva. Alatariel peeked through the bushes and saw that Eeva was now on her horse, but she was surrounded. 'I am not going to lose another friend.' she said to herself and then jumped out in the middle of the crowd, killing a few of them. "Are you alright Eeva?" Alatariel asked as she kept her eye on the crowd.
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email