Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The half demon (feel free to jump in :) )
on: January 26, 2004 01:53
Namiko was fine with the idea of leaving the village, having no particular desire or intrinsic purpose to staying. Besides, what's wron with a little adventure? It had been quite a while... She perked up at the mentioning of the injured girl.

"Ah, Leithwyn," Namiko began,"yes, well, that depends if she can forgive Alatariel for her actions. However blind she was in commiting them, the story is written in the girl's flesh. However, I do not know where the girl was traveling to when we found her. Either way we should ask her soon. Alatariels been out there for a while Im guessing and anything could happen."

Namiko looked between Ichiro and Tanirise. "Do either of you know where she is? I'm afraid Aritomo-sama and I were a bit... asleep."
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 03:31
"No, I'm afraid I have no clue where she is. I was out touring the village.", Tanirise replied, "I think we should leave soon, though.". She looked over at Ichiro. "Do you know where she is?", she asked him.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 04:52
Eeva looked at Alatariel, extremely happy to see her. "I'm fine." she looked at the people who surrounded her. None looked familiar. Yet there was something about them. Maura was getting antsy. Eeva placed her hand on the mare's neck, "shh, its ok girl."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 06:17
Alatariel ran her clawed fingers through her silver hair and crouched down low, letting her blue skirt, which was slit at the thighs, drag the ground. Her hair fell over the bandage on her left shoulder and covered part of her short strapless white top. The bandage around her waist was soaked in blood from the night before, for it had not been changed. She stared menacingly at the crowd, green cat like eyes gleaming and cat ears twitching. "What do you want with this girl and how bad do you want her?" Alatariel asked. "Because if you want her you will have to come through me, and if you try you will die." She added confidently, though something about this crowd made her uneasy. She cracked her knuckles and crouched lower saying, "Now who will be the first to taste my claws?"

[Edited on 1/27/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 06:03
The people in the crowd stood very still, afraid of Alatariel. "What are none of you ready to die?" Alatariel asked sarcastically, "Then I will just be on my way with my friend, and if any of you decide to attack, you will die." Alatariel sttod up to her full height green cat-like eyes gleaming and said, "Come on Eeva, lets go." Then she turned and began to walk away.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 09:14
Tanirise saw Alatariel walking back towards them with Eeva. She could see quite far. "Well, I'll go get the horses. I'm guessing Alatariel will want to leave right away. I take it all of you are coming?", she asked. When everyone nodded she left to grab the horses from the little corral behind the cottage.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 09:22
Alatariel and Eeva made it back to where the others were waiting. "I am guessing that all of you will be coming with me so we should get moving." Her bandages were still soaked in blood and needed to be changes but she just ignored how she looked and whistled. Náessë, her horse came galloping up and Alatariel mounted her horse. She sniffed the air slightly to see if any demons were about, but sensed none.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 02:35
Namiko looked at the horses and took a little gasp. She must be in great company indeed, skilled warriors, for them to have thier own mounts. And judging from them, they were good ones too. She supressed the momentary excitement of the possibility.

Quickly Namiko ducked back into the house and grabbed the bag of bandages and medicines they had used the night before. She slung it over her shoulder as she darted back out into the street. Namiko was fully prepared to have to go on foot...she wouldn't risk getting caught flying in her other form. Even if it meant she could carry someone else on her back. She glanced over at Aritomo and Ichiro. Hadn't they come on foot as well? Well, just in case...

"Tanirise- sama! Do they have any horses left in that corral? I was not travelling with one, and Aritomo-sama and Ichiro-sama may need mounts as well, if that's the way we are to travel."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 03:19
"I can go on foot if necessary." Ichiro put in. He wasn't sure, but they would probably have to pay for mounts and horses were costly. Demon Hunting paid enough to live comfortably, but not for such luxieries as a horse and he knew Aritomo didn't have that much on him...

"Ichiro-kun is right; let's not be held up more than necessary." the monk said. "If needed, perhaps Lady Namiko may share a mount with one of you."
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 08:33
"Oh, no,thats not necessary. i'll be fine on foot, Aritomo-sama. I'm quite used to traveling that way." namiko gave a smile.

With the matter of mounts decided for those three, Namiko turned to the villagers who lent them thier cottage. She thanked them and asked them to give liethwyn their heading if she were to come back and so wish to follow them. They couldn't afford to wait for her arrival any longer.

Namiko straightened her socks (again!) as Tanirise mounted her own horse. With no further delay they headed off, back to the forest they came out of the night before.

(ooc: oo. I wonder where will go now that we've all been introduced.. hmm...)
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 06:40
"Any of you can ride my horse." Alatariel said, "I prefer to travel by foot anyway and I am as fast as a horse." She jumped off of her horse and into a tree. a few minutes later bloody bandages came fluttering down out of the tree and Alatariel's voice said, "We head east."
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 02:18
Namiko nodded and followed Alatariel's path through the trees, ducking under low branches and trying to ignore the bandages under her sandals. It had been a long time since she had run, but she darted around the slender trees doing her best to keep up.

Namiko looked trhough the tree branches, seeing the flutter of Alatariel's hair and skirt pass into another tree. I just hope she doesnt hurt her injuries, she thought, glancing behind her to see if the others were with her.

[Edited on 4/2/2004 by Abraon]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 06:36
After a while of jumping through trees, Alatariel jumped out of the tree and stopped in the middle of the road to wait for the others to catch up. She was completely healed of her injures, which the night before were very serious (like a hole in her stomach). She ran her fingers through her hair and sniffed the air, catching the scent of a campfire.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 12:45
Tanirise trotted up in front of the others, seeing a light up ahead. "It looks as if there is a fire or something up ahead. Should we go see who or what it is?", she yelled back to the others. She stopped her Morafe and waited for the runners to catch up.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 12:58
"I don't think I should go." Alatariel said nerviously, "There could be humans around that campfire." She jumped up in a tree and her voice sounded from the branches, "You can check it out but i will stay here and wait." She was terrified of humans with fire and weapons and for good reason, considering how she had been treated in the past.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 01:33
"It might be a good idea." Aritomo stated. "If you want, I can go with Ichiro or Namiko and see what is up. If it they are humans, they are far less likely to harm a monk and miko." he smiled.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 10:08
"That's a very good point," Namiko said glancing to Aritomo. "if someone were to keep an ear- or nose- out for us Im sure we'd be able to scout it out." Glancing past Tanirise to the small flickers up ahead, Namiko had an other thought. "Who know's what it is, hopefully just some travelers cooking, but it still could be something more ominous.."

As she and Aritomo took a few steps away from the others, she bent close and whispered so that only he could hear. "Aritomo-sama, I really don't have experience being a miko, at least not the way you probably think. Im not quite sure what would be expected of me, if they asked something specific. Please cover me..."

Namiko hoped she could trust Aritomo with even that piece of her background, even though she would probably have to tell them sometime anyways...
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 05:55
(OOC: I hope I'm not screwing anything up...)

Slight surprise flickered into Aritomo's green eyes, but he quickly covered it with a charming smile. "Of course, Lady Namiko." he said politely.

The two of them set off, the only sound being their feet upon the path and the jingle of Aritomo's staff.

Presently, the reached the fire. Several rough looking men sat around it, dressed in somewhat ragged armor, with swords nearby. They looked up at Aritomo and Namiko's approach.

Aritomo smiled in a friendly way. "Hello, friends." he said in an easy tone, though he felt cautious. These men could be ragged travelers, but there was a chance they could also be bandits or slavers.

"Greetings, monk." one of the men said. "Nice of you to grace us with your presence, but we've no use for a man of the cloth."

"I only wished to see if those with a warm fire would not mind sharing." Aritomo answered, ignoring the edgey tone of the other man's voice. "But if you wish to be alone, so be it."

Definately slavers or bandits, he thought. Putting a hand on Namiko's shoulder, he turned and the two started to walk back the way they came.

Suddenly, Aritomo had a strange feeling. He turned, just as a thrown rock slammed into his temple. Dazed, Aritomo stumbled to his knees, seeing bright flashes of light. Something warm slid into his eyes.

(OOC: Okay....up to you guys whether they're bandits or slavers; I'm going for slavers, since a monk and priestess don't have much worth stealing, lol.)
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 06:39
(slavers will work )
Alatariel had been watching Aritomo and Namiko through the trees. She saw Aritomo fall to the ground after a rock hit his head. "Now what do we have here. These two would make us quite a bit of money." One of the men said as they approached. As one reached down to grab Aritomo's staff, He was suddenly hit in the head with a rock and fell to the ground. The others spun around, wondering who threw the rock and discovered a very angry Alatariel standing behind them partly hidden by shadows.
She smiled wickedly and said, "Why don't you pick on someone, other thatn a monk and a woman."
One of the men answered, "You would rather us kill you then." He pulled out a knife and charged.
"So you will be the first to die i see." Alatariel said as she stepped out of the shadows. She crouched down as the man swung and clawed him right in the stomach. He fell to the ground screaming in pain. The others backed up a few steps, whispering to each other, "Demon."
"What now that there is someone to fight back are you too afraid to attack. Running away to your mommies I see." Alatariel taunted.
The men took offence to this and circled around her. Then they attacked at the same time, all from different directions.

Alatariel killed two more and then was cut by one of the knive accross the face. She glared at the man and said, "That wound just healed and now you have to mess up my face again." and she ran her hand through his stomach. The three surviving men ran off into the forsest.

"Chickens." Alatariel said as she dropped the man she had just killed. She walked over to Aritomo and Namiko, blood streaming down her face and said, "Are you two alright?"

[Edited on 5/2/2004 by InweSilimaure]
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 12:20
namiko was in awe at Alatariel's speed- She had just drwan her sword when the rest ran in fear. She dropped to a crouch next to Aritomo. "Yes, i am fine, but it will be a minute more him."

Namiko opened her bag and took out a cloth bandage. Holding his head in her arms, she pressed it to Aritomo's head, stopping the bleeding. He had breath, and heartbeat. Namiko looked up at the others. She gently blew a cool breath on his face and began trying to wake him. "Didn't one of you have medicine for headaches? He's going to have a killer one when he wakes up."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 03:35
"I have a lot of medicines." Alatariel said as she pressed her hand against her bleeding cheek. When she removed her hand, there wasn't even a scratch. "Let me see Aritomo's wound." Alatariel said as she kneeled next to him. She pressed her finger against his temple and when she removed it the wound was gone. "He will probably sleep for a while, but he will be okay. Let's get him on my horse and find a place to stay for the night." Alatariel picked Aritomo up like he was a small child and walked back to her horse. She put him on the horse and turned to Namiko, "Will you ride behind him to make sure he doesn't fall off. I will scout ahead through the trees to find a good place to rest. I think I remember a good spot around here......." She cut off her words and jumped into a tree and bagan to move through the trees looking for the place.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 04:16
it had been a while since she had ridden, but Namiko gladly took the reins and hopped gracefully on the horse's back. She put one arm around Aritomo's waist to keep him steady. She was glad he wasn't hit harder. A better stone throw to the temple could knock someone out beyond aid.

Namiko noticed concern on Ichiro's face for his friend. "I'm sorry Ichiro-sama. He will be fine, don't worry."

She patted the horse's neck with her other hand and urged her into a walk, following Alatariel to the spot she had found..
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 04:28
Ichiro nodded, his blue eyes still worried. The group travled on for a bout an hour more before Aritomo's eyes fluttered and opened.

"Hm, I seem to be moving." he stated rather groggily, then looked behind him. "Oh, Lady Naimko. You are safe?"

She smiled and nodded. Aritomo smiled again. "Good." his head sagged as he fell back to sleep.

Ichiro paused. "It's getting late; we should probably stop and set up camp."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 05:36
After awhile of hopping through trees, Alatariel at last found the spot she was looking for. She jumped out of the tree and turning to the others she said, "This way." She crouched down low and went through the under brush, clearing a pathe for the horses. She entered a small clearing, with a small stream and a cave. She entered the cave and found her things right where she left them, two monthes ago. She helped Namiko get Aritomo off of the horse and into the cave. She laid him on a mat she had made out of moss and leaves and used one of her cloaks for a pillow. Then she went out to the stream and brought back some water. She tipped the small cup of water to Aritomo's lips and helped him drink it. "He should be awake in a few hours." Alatariel said as she stepped out of the cave. "Every one make yourselves at home. My home is your home." She smiled and added, "There is a hot spring a short walk away, so if any of you desire a bath, follow me." She headed down a narrow path toward the spring.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 07:18
Namiko desired a bath. She deired one very much, but she couldn't leave Aritomo. It's not like I smell, she thought to herself. Actually, its not like I could smell. She sniffed her clothes. Ah, but they smell.

She quickly adjusted the cloak over Aritomo and left her small bag next to him. Namiko took out the pins and cloth from her hair and let it fall out, down almost to her hips. She placed the pins neatly next to the bag and rose. She smiled at Ichiro and turned, jogging lightly to catch up to Alatariel.

Before long she could smell the light sting of sulfur and feel the steam from the springs against her face.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 05:45
Alatariel stopped in front of the spring and looked into the water for a few minutes. Her cat side hated water but after awhile it gave in and she waded into the hot spring. She went under the water just long enough to get her hair wet and came back up. then she leaned against a rock, shoulder deep and soaked. It had been alomst two monthes since the last time she had been here and it felt good. She thought to hre self 'this is my home.'

After about an hour of soaking she got out and dried herself, "Namiko I will leave a towel for you over here, i am going back to check on the others." Alatariel said as she headed back.

When she got back, she enter the cave to check on Aritomo. She placed her hand on his forehead, and helped him do drink a little more water.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 07:00
Namiko gladly accepted the towel, taking the opportunity to strip and wash and scrub her clothes on the smooth rocks. When they suffiently smelled better she hung them on a bush, thinking to pick them up after a nice soak. She slid gently down deeper into the water, remembering the hot springs surrounded by snow near her home. I wonder why no one else wanted a bath, she thought, but pushed it out of her mind.

After a few minutes of pruney skin Namiko reluctantly stepped out and wrapped herself in the soft towel Alatariel left. She picked up her drying clothes in her arms, slid on her sandals, and headed back down the narrow path, hoping someone had started a fire.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 07:08
Aritomo stirred and opened his eyes. He was in a dark, cool place, covered with a cloak. He sat up a little. "Oh, hello Alatariel." he frowned. "Did something happen to your face?"

Ichiro looked up as Namiko appeared. He stood up. "I made a fire; there is a little to eat I think." he stated, a little stiffly. He wasn't very good with people - especially women. "If you are done with the springs, I'll go and bathe."
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 07:14
Alatariel simply smiled as Aritomo and said, "Lay back down and rest, you took quite a hit to the head." Then she turned to Ichiro and said, "The hot spring is just down that path." She got up and went over to a tree, and through a hole in it she pulled out some food that she had stored there. She also pulled out a small kettle and put that over the fire. Taking so herb and other things she made a sweet smelling soup. she brought a bowl over to Aritomo and said, "Here drink this, it will help heal you."
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 12:19
(ooc: Sorry I've been so long! For some reason the website wouldn't let me post on this board. I don't get it, but it works now, so It's all good!)

Tanirise sat down at the edge of the clearing and watched Morafe graze. She had only been there for about an hour, but she had already taken a liking to the place. It seemed so much calmer than anywhere she had been in a long time. She decided to get up and go see about the hot spring Alatariel had mentioned. First though, she went to go see how the others were doing. She had heard that they had been hurt pretty bad.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 12:27
(ooc: that is okay twin )

Alatariel saw Tanirise come back to the clearing and said smiling slightly, "Where have you been?" She went to the stream and washed the blood off her face, because the cut had reopened after she got out of the hot spring. then she placed a bandage over it and sat down near the fire. "Would you like something to eat?" She said to both Namiko and Tanirise.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 01:03
"Oh, yes please, food would be great," Namiko said as she arranged her clothes on sticks stuck into the ground next to the fire, her sword still in her arms. "Though, I wouldn't suggest you ask me to help cook. My mother may be a great cook, but not me." Looking at the sword she still held she said, "I tend to take after my father." The fire glinted in the silver of her eyes as she looked up at Alatariel.

She went back towards the cave. She turned to Tanirise, "You should really check out those springs. Very relaxing. Though I think Ichiro may have wanted some privacy."

She turned back again and went over to Aritomo who was trying to sit up. She knelt down dropping her sword by her bag and steadied the bowl of soup in his hands. "Feeling better?" she asked.
usagi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 01:25
(ooc: hey guys this is Inwe, my account has decided to hate me today so yeah.)

Alatariel filled two bowls with the same sweet smelling soup that she had given Aritomo and said, "This soup tastes good and doubles as a healing potion." she gave one bowl to Tanirise and walked over to Namiko and gave her the other bowl. Then she smiled at Aritomo and said, "This soup should have you back on your feet in no time." Alatariel rumaged through her packs in the cave and pulled out a long green cloak. Wrapping herself in the cloak she said, "I am going to wander around a bit, Namiko. Keep an eye on Aritomo and the others and if anything happens whistle and I will hear it. Do not trust anything or anyone in this forest. The stream is okay to drink from, but don't go to any other stream." with that Alatariel dashed off into the forest. ' I hope they will be alright alone' she thought to herself as she dashed from tree to tree.
the_second_twin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 05:33

Tanirise ate the soup up quickly. It had been awhile since she had eaten any good food and not only did the soup taste good, it made Tanirise feel much better due to the healing qualities it had. When she was done, she put the bowl away and sat down in the corner. She was very tired, having not slept for a very long time. It was not long before she was asleep.
Lissiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 08:28
Namiko enjoyed the soup but every so often speculated as to what actually went in it. She watched Tanirise gobble it down and fall asleep in a corner. Leaving Aritomo, Namiko rummaged a little in the cave and found a light blanket and placed it over Tanirise. A cold breeze blew by. Cold didn't affect her, but Namiko took the hint to check on her clothes.

"Well that figures," she muttered aloud. "Only my socks are dry." With her hands she checked on the remainder of the soup and gave it a stir. But, with her silvery lavender eyes she scanned the darkness. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a shadow move behind her. She turned slowly back to face the cave and saw another shadow scamper by above the cave.

Namiko retreated into the cave and slowly crouched down by Aritomo, slowly picking up her sword. In front of her she could see another shadow flit by in the trees near the path to the springs. Ichiro...

She whispered to Aritomo. "Do you see them? There are at least three, probably more. They have us surrounded." She knew it would give away her position in the cave, but Namiko knew it would give the accoustics she wanted. She whistled one clear, clean tone that echoed in the cave and left just as full.

namiko heard scratching above the cave and ran for the clearing, drawing her sword and slicing cleanly the demon that jumped from the rock above. It looked like an ape of some sort. What are ape demons doing here? she thought. Hearing another crunch she looked out and saw the rest of the pack, perhaps eight or nine more, aproaching into the clearing. Namiko poised her katana and waited for them to come.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email