Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1213141516Last >>
Author Topic:
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: July 06, 2004 05:29
{{ooc: this crush is hard to keep up...hehe...}}

Marbisk had had a good time in Rivendell that day. It was all so beautiful. He felt privileged to see it.
He ate his dinner with the rest of the group. It was a whole new group of elves that were tending to them. He watched angrily as Eeva and Amarth started playing around. He saw them kiss and became even more angry. He got up from the table and left the room. He must have looked pretty scary because an elf drew a bow, and when he caught up to Marbisk, just outside the dining hall, he shouted at him to halt. "Drop your weapon!" the elf said.
Marbisk took off his sword and let it fall to the ground. He forgot all his anger toward Amarth and the moment. Marbisk was scared. He thought something like this might happen. "You don't understand," he tried to plead with the elf. "I would never hurt anyone. I'm not like a normal orc."
"Turn around," the elf ordered.
Marbisk turned, he saw the arrow pointed right at his chest. "Please. A-ask any of my companions. They'll tell you."

{{ooc: this sounds like i'm trying to lead or something...i'm not! really! i just wanted to say: anybody can jump in on this. feel free to play the elf, i have no claim on him. that's all. hehe... sorry if this wasn't something you guys wanted to happen!}}

[Edited on 7/7/2004 by striders_star]
faron
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: July 07, 2004 03:17
amarth, watched the situation through the closing doors. he stopped their play.

"we may have some problems, come on." he led the way to the door and opened it on the sceen going on outside.

he knew by this time the way marbisk felt about eeva, and he felt a little resentment for the man, but this was no reason for him to get killed. from no on he would be nice to him, he decided, there were enough problems without internal strife.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 05:10
Eeva followed Amarth out the door. She saw the elf with the arrow pointed at Marbisk. "What's going on?" She saw the fear in Marbisk's eyes.

She held her hand out to the elf, stepping forward. "Lower your bow, Marbisk is not dangerous." The elf eyed her, not taking her word. "I said lower your bow!" She was beginning to get angry. Marbisk was a friend, not a threat.

She turned to Amarth, her eyes pleading with him to do something.

((i think that was a cool twist, lol. adds some action! i liked it!))
Eleniasto
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 06:45
Eleniasto slowly picked up her things. She walked over to Duncan, smiled, and said "Im off. The hospitality here deserves more credit. Wonderful hosts, hobbits. Namarie."She made her way out of the pub and into the sunshine.

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by Eleniasto]
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 06:44
OOC: Sorry I am away alot, I have moved and haven't got acess to a computer so easily...

Erainthe was hungry after their afternoon stroll. She had learnt many things and saw more than she could fathom.
Marbisks outburst at the table had scared her a little but after spending the day with him she knew that he wasn't about to hurt any one.
Seeing Amarth and Eeva leave the room after him she got up to follow, if only to stay with the group and observe what was happening.
There was elf with a bow pointed at Marbisk so she wasn't sure she wanted to follow but now that she was here she thought she would stay to see what happened.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 11:32
Rupert and Halbarad talked in Rupert's room, unaware of the drama unfolding between Marbisk and the elves.

"What do you discuss with the others? Shall we be leaving? I do not see anyone in a big hurry to go anywhere!" Rupert went out on the balcony to look out at the beautiful sunset, not waiting for an answer from Halbarad. Whatever is going to happen will happen. There was usually a reason for everything.

*pub*
"Goodbye Eleniasto, take care on your journey. If you see any other hobbits, please give them a hearty hello from me." Turning back to his work, Duncan glanced at Glinni, who was waiting on a table of rowdy dwarves. "How lucky I am to have been called here," he thought.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 02:03
amarth saw that this was not going to be diplomatically solved. "lower that, friend, or i shall have to choose between friend and companion."
the elf still did not listen, so he acted, drawing a small knife and nicking the stubborn elf's bowstring before he could react. the bow gave a great snap, and broke with the released force. the elf was startled, and enraged.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 05:32
Eeva stifled a laugh as the elf turned red embarrasment as he tried to look angry. He looked as if he was about to hit something, or someone, but instead turned and stormed off. She walked to Marbisk. "Are you okay?" She smiled warmly, trying to calm him as she could tell he had been frightened.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 09:12
Marbisk watched as Eeva and Amarth tried to get the elf to not harm him. His eyes were pleading, yet they also looked frightened, and surprised. It was hard, and surprising for him to see Amarth trying to help him. Marbisk started to see the man, and not the fact that the man was with Eeva.
The elf stormed off. Marbisk sighed in relief, but he was still a little shook up. Eeva came over to him.
"Y-yes, now I am. Thank you," he said. He looked at Amarth. "T-thanks," he said to the man, and tried to give a small smile, but it was hard. "I thought this might happen," he said now, to everyone present. "It's just, I, I'll always be treated this way, everywhere I go. Maybe I shouldn't have come with you all. I'll probably cause more harm than good."
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 10:11
Inwë was in the back of the small group.
"I thought this might happen," he said now, to everyone present. "It's just, I, I'll always be treated this way, everywhere I go. Maybe I shouldn't have come with you all. I'll probably cause more harm than good." Inwë wodnered what exactly happened. She had come up to the group wondering why everyone was there.
She asked Eeva, "What happened exactly?"
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 03:28
amarth looked into his friend's eyes, realizing that that was what he was. "you are our compainion, and as companions we take the bad with the good, and where we are going, the good will show, you have a strong arm and a compasionate heart, those are the things that count in a man, not his race." amarth extended his had to the other man. the motion made awkward by the cat on his sholder, as they shook, seron lept from amarth's sholder to marbisk's efectivly sealing their truce with some comic relief. amarth looked for the same thought in his companion's eyes
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 01:11
When Rupert again entered his room, Halbarad was no longer there. The sword was, however. "What the...!" Rupert thought, picking up the sword. It was not as heavy as he thought it would be. He decided to try it out, though it was a very large sword. He almost fell over, then decided that it was not his place to take care of this precious link to his wife. But where was Halbarad? He remembered the verse that was engraved on the sword. He had made sure to commit it to memory.
"Evil overcame the small and meek.
Evil no more,
He will be the one who finds what you seek.

Take the road that follows the sun.
Sun will fade,
Moonlight and stars will lead the way once more.

Through the dark forest, look for the sun
The blade shining,
The owner searches for the sword, they are one.

You will find the treasure that you seek.
Evil overcome,
By friends of the small and meek."

"Evil no more, evil no more." he mumbled to himself, heading out the door and back to where the others were gathered. He saw the amazing sight of amarth and Marbisk with the cat on his shoulder. "Evil no more!" Rupert shouted, running back to his room to get the sword. "Evil no more! Marbisk is the caretaker of the sword, not Halbarad!"

ooc: Moria_orc2004 didn't feel that he could handle being the sword's caretaker, so I hope that you are okay with it, striders_star!
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 05:57
{{ooc: That's fine with me, CarolP.}

Marbisk was deeply touched by Amarth's words. He would have been touched if it was coming from someone who was his friend, but since it came from someone whom he thought didn't like him, he was even more touched. Marbisk felt a little like he belonged.
He smiled at the kittin as it lept to his shoulder. Animals didn't usually take to him.
He returned his eyes to Amarth, who was looking at him. He smiled at the man, this time it wasn't hard. He could think of anything to say, so he looked back into the man's eyes, and they seemed to have an understanding of one another.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 08:34
Rupert brought the sword to Marbisk. "Here it is. Marbisk, please take care of this until we can find it's rightful owner, if we are meant to find him, and my beloved Miranda!" Rupert wiped the tears from his eyes. Halbarad appeared from the other room, and nodded his head at Rupert with a smile.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 02:52
Marbisk took the sword from Rupert. He was surprised, and didn't quite understand, but he took it anyway and smiled at the hobbit. "It will never leave my sight." He bent down and picked up the buckle from the sword he had dropped and fastened it to the sword he had just received. He clasped it around his waist.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: July 28, 2004 01:58
"Is everything ready?" Rupert asked Halbarad. Walking over to a nearby window, he peered out. "It doesn't seem very dark out there."

"The moon is shining the way for us, my hobbit friend." Halbarad replied. "Everything has been made ready. Let us thank the elves for their hospitality and be on our way."

*at the pub*
The crowd had thinned out considerably, and Duncan and Glinni actually had a moments peace. They sat near the fire, Duncan smoking his pipe and attempting to blow smoke rings.

"You are not very good at that, Dunc." Glinni teased.

"Then you try it! It's not very easy, you know!" Duncan tried to scowl, but the girl was so nice that he couldn't.

"Put black, sooty smoke inside of my body? No thank you, I breathe enough smoke when I light the cooking fire!" Glinniel couldn't quite understand this smoking habit that some males had.

"To each his own," Duncan said.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 05:10
OOC: This is driving my nuts that I don't have a computer!!! Sorry that I am not writing constanly. wish that I could. Maybe I will write Erainthe out of this thread and come back at a later time??

Erainthe was excited at the prospect of moving on. Her bags were packed andstored in her room. She milled around waiting till she was told they were going.
While she waited she picked at some food she had swiped from the table.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 07:04
ooc: It's okay, this rp is moving very, very slowly right now. Do whatever you need to do. So sorry that you don't have a computer right now, I know how hard that is!

The group started on their journey again, using the moonlight as their guide. It was very dark, and Rupert felt uneasy leaving the brightness of Rivendell. He rode behind Halbarad on his horse. He had left Ginny in Rivendell. Looking at the frown on Halbarad's face, he wondered if his friend was uneasy as well. "It's probably just me being a cowardly hobbit," he muttered.

Halbarad heard Rupert muttering behind him. Something about hobbits being cowards. "Rupert, do not be ashamed of your fears. You are facing them bravely. There are many folk much larger than you who would not be as brave. Take your cue from the bravest hobbits, Frodo and Samwise. We have our friendship. If we hold together we can beat any evil that comes our way!"

faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 04:33
Amarth rode next to Eeva, keeping close to her in the dark his senses serving him better than most on the dark path. at every slight break in the canopy he saw Eeva's hair and face detailed starkly in shadow and white, the sight filled him with love and made her stand out like the spirit Nessa come down to travel on earth.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 06:47
Eeva rode along silently, smiling whenever she glanced over at amarth. Jet kept surprisingly quiet in her bag. He must have eaten quite a bit and was sleeping it off as they rode on.

Every so often she would look up to the sky, smiling at the moon's beauty. She had always loved to sit out at night and just watch the sky. Rupert often teased her for it, saying she was more nocturnal than not.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 02:39
OOC: I think I will leave her in it for a bit and kill her off later with all you guys help, just to make it interesting.

The night was dark, silent and the road was long. Erainthe felt small and alone riding her horse behind the others. Seemed that she was forever destined to be alone. At least Plod the horse was company. Feeling her pat he stepped up a bit.
The company was moving slowly and it was as if their task would never be through.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 04:06
Rupert felt himself nodding off. Try as he might, he just couldn't stay awake. He drifted off into a dream....

Fire was all around him, heavy smoke choking him. He heard her voice calling. "Rupert! Rupert! I am here!" It was Miranda! Where were the others? He saw a small figure on the ground nearby, by he wasn't sure who it was. He tried to get to the figure, but was stopped by the sound of swords clashing. Suddenly, an orc fell into the circle of fire, an obviously injured orc. It was Marbisk! "No! No, this can't be! Help! Help! Help!"

"Help!" Rupert screamed as he woke up.

Halbarad stopped the group to check on Rupert. "Are you alright, Rupert? You must have been dreaming." At Rupert's nod, the group continued on it's way. Rupert wrapped his cloak tightly around him, shivering as he shook off the remnants of the nightmare.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 08:49
*Hi, am I joining the group or do I have to stay and be a princess? . Lol.*
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 11:22
ooc: You can't stay, we'll be fighting the orcs soon!! Say bye to your Dad and come on!

Back at the pub, Duncan left Glinni in charge of the pub and trudged up the stairs to bed. All evening, he'd had a funny feeling in the pit of his stomach. There was a strange looking man sitting at a corner table. For some reason, he thought that the man was staring at him. He made Glinni wait on the strange customer, he just didn't feel up to it. Glinni had laughed when Duncan told her about the man. "Strange folk in pubs! It would be strange if there wasn't one in here once and awhile! Just be happy that it's business as usual around here. Your cousin has a lot of competition to deal with here, you know." She had sauntered off with a flip of her skirt, saying over her shoulder, "Why don't you get off to bed now, seems like you're dreaming already!"

So now he was in bed, lying on his back, looking at the ceiling. But sleep wouldn't come. Duncan wished he could turn off his thoughts.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2004 10:41
Marbisk jogged alongside the company. He had been offered to ride one of the horses, but didn't want to. He didn't think it'd be all that comfortable. Plus, he'd probably slow them down trying to get up on it.
At Rupert's yell, he became a little worried. The hobbit had said he was alright, but he didn't seem alright. Marbisk jogged up along side him.
"Are you sure you're okay, my friend?"

{{ooc-Sorry I haven't posted! Also, I will be unable to post for about four days, so you can write for Marbisk if needed....but I guess this is kinda going slow anyway....}}
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 02:39
(Sorry for not posting. Yea! I can go!)

Inwë knocked on her Ada's door. She took a deap breath and went inside. Her father was reading a book on his bed. When he saw her, he smiled. She smiled back.
"Um, Ada, I need to talk to you."
He put his book down and sat up.
"What is it, Inwë?" he asked.
She sat down on his bed.
"Um, I need to go with Rupert and the others to wherever they're going."
"Oh," he said simply.
"Are you upset?"
"A little. I wanted my young daughter to stay with me for a while."
"I also need to go back to Bree. Duncan doesn't know I'm not going to stay in Bree."
"I will send a messenger to Bree if you like."
"All right. Hannon le, Ada."
She got up and shut the door.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 11:40
"I keep having bad dreams!" Rupert called over to Marbisk. "I wish that I was a braver sort of hobbit, you know, like Frodo and Samwise. But I'm not....," he said with a small shrug.

"Be strong, little one," Halbarad joined in on the conversation, "Whatever happens, you have already shown your bravery just by joining us on the quest."

*at the pub*
Glinni waited on the strange looking man, who only grunted when she asked for his order. As she was leaving to get his drink, the man spoke up. His voice was deep and strong. "Miss, I am looking for news of the hobbit Rupert. Is this not his pub? The hobbit that was here looked similar, but it was not Rupert. Can you fetch him for me?"

Glinni jumped when the man spoke. She turned around, a little bit afraid. "I am sorry sir, but it is not my place to speak of Rupert to a stranger. You will have to wait until Rupert's cousin wakes up and talk to him!" With that, she rushed off to get the stranger's drink.
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 07:43
OOC: Hey I am back untill you guys kill me off. I'd like to stay but I think I am dragging this rp game down Sorry..

Erainthe was worried about the hobbit but there was nothing to do but keep going or turn back.
Not wantint to go back she kept going although she had a forbidding feeling in the pit of her stomach. Leaving Rivendell was hard on her senses and she knew she would never step foot in the beautifual place again.

Clementine
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 12:00
A horse trotted up the empty path, its rider was clad in grey and were travel worn. Looking up ahead the rider's deep brown eyes could see a sign swaying ominously in the breeze. 'An inn. You see that Grena, we can have some rest now,' the rider whispered softly into her horses ear. The rider dismounted and led the horse to the side of the building where some stables were located.

The rider threw back her hood revealing long, brown hair. Also now visible were her slender, pointed ears. Her garments were muddy and dirty, but one could see that underneath the dirt were detailed patterns flowing across her dress. The elf pushed open the door to the inn and a warm light fell across her. She went to the bar and said, 'I am Nenialwen, are you the innkeeper?'
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 02:30
"Halbarad's right, Rupert," Marbisk said. "You are brave, very brave. We all have bad dreams. No need to worry." And he smiled at the hobbit. Then he turned to Halbarad. "So, where are we headed?" he asked the man.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 03:53
(welcome, Clementine!)

Duncan was walking downstairs after his rest as he noticed a new customer walking into the pub. He ran over to the bar to wait on her. The pub was getting busy again, and Glinniel was rushing back to the kitchen.

"It's about time you got up, halfling!" Glinni teased.

'I am Nenialwen, are you the innkeeper?'

"I am the innkeeper, at least until my cousin gets back from a....trip," Duncan answered. "Duncan Bracegirdle, at your service. "Would you care for a room and some refreshments? First drink is on the house."

As Duncan spoke to the elf, the stranger got up from his table and approached the hobbit.

"Where is Rupert Bracegirdle? On a trip, is he?" Without waiting for Duncan to answer, the stranger hurried out of the bar.

*the quest*

"Where are we headed?" Halbarad looked up ahead at what looked like an arched doorway of dark forest. "In there, I suppose. The poem said to go through a dark forest."

"That looks as dark as it can be!" Rupert exclaimed.

The group gathered at the entrance. The horses whinnied in fear.

Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 04:44
Eeva patted her horses neck. "I don't like the looks of that forest, but if we must go through it, then I suppose we have no choice."
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 07:58
Erainthe's horse tossed it's head. She waited at the back of the group to be the last to enter the dark place.
As the trees over head closed over them all light was cut out from the sky.
She wondered how any one could find their way in the seeming pathless place.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 06:02
Darkness swallowed the group as they entered the forest.

"You...you sure can't see much in here, can you?" Rupert said as he squinted to try and see his way. Suddenly, an owl hooted, making everyone jump.

"We will be out of here soon enough. I wouldn't worry about owl noises. There are other, more worrisome things in the dark forests," Halbarad said grimly.

"Oh, well that makes me feel better!" Rupert snapped.

"Quiet Rupert! Shhhh! I'm trying to listen!" Halbarad was starting to get annoyed at the hobbit. Rupert always talked too much when he was nervous.

*pub*

The stranger from the pub jumped on his horse and headed in toward Rivendell.

Duncan handed the pretty elf a drink, then sat down with a cup of tea.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 09:17
a pretty elf madian of 16 walked infront of the group in the forest on a white-gray horse. Her long black hair was in a french briad. "hello. who are you" she asked the group
<< First1213141516Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email