Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1415161718
Author Topic:
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: October 13, 2004 10:47
Inwë slashed through the yrcs stomachs and screamed as she did it. She looked for Miranda. There she was, in a bag. She looked around. Everyone was fighting. Exept for Liona. Inwë ran over to her.
"Miranda! Can you here me? It's Inwë. Lilona is undoing the knot. Hang on!"
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: October 14, 2004 01:04
Miranda moaned from inside the bag, her head swimming and her entire body aching.

Rupert started to run over to where his wife was, but was suddenly struck from behind. He fell down, blood running out from a cut on his head. The orc raised up his weapon and held it above Rupert, ready to make his kill.

ooc: I'm going away for the weekend to my Mom's and no computer! Somebody save Rupert, okay? See you all on Monday or Tuesday!
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2004 03:49
(Okay! See you later!)

Inwë gasped. She took her sword and put it through his head.
Ew, but he was about to kill Rupert. So I had to kill him. Oh well, she thought.
She sat down next to Rupert and opened the bag. There was Miran... Wait, it wasn't Miranda!

(How's that? Or do we want to end this thing?)
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2004 09:37
((an nice twist. i don't think we want to end it yet))
Lilona started to tend Ruperts wounds. Lilona was glad she had been moslty through healing which she had been studing before she had left Mirkwood.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2004 10:58
((do to cercomstances beyond my control i really won't have time for this site for a while, i hereby donate my character to the group, and particularly Flash, farewell.))
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: October 19, 2004 02:22
ooc: heehee, it's not Miranda faron, thanks for playing!

Rupert sighed with relief as Lilona tended his wounds. Tears ran down his face. It wasn't Miranda, but another hobbit that he barely knew but remembered from the Shire. He watched as Halbarad and Marbisk came back for their horses and went ahead of the group to again look for Miranda.

Halbarad was sure that they could find Rupert's wife. He would die trying!!

[Edited on 20/10/2004 by CarolP]
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2004 04:15
Inwë sighed and looked at Rupert.
"I'm sorry, Rupert. It did sound like."
An idea shot through her head.
"Wait, maybe she is hear and we do not know exactly where she is. We could try looking for her. I'm telepathic so maybe I could speak to her and aske her where she is. What do you think Rupert?"
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: October 23, 2004 06:06
"I don't know if I believe in that kind of thing, but I suppose it couldn't hurt." Rupert replied, his head throbbing. He tried to get up, but got dizzy and sat down again. The battle that had raged around them seemed to have ended, and Halbarad and some of the others had gone on ahead to chase the escaped group of orcs. The air had a horrible stench, and it was all Rupert could do not to be sick.

Up ahead, Halbarad, Marbisk, and the group of soldiers rode hard. "Keep going! We're starting to gain on them!" Halbarad yelled.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2004 08:28
Inwë nodded. She looked at Rupert. She hoped her telepaticy would bring them to Mirande.
Miranda. It is Inwë. I used to work in Rupert's pub. Do you know where you are? We need to find you.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 03:52
Miranda sat in the cave, where the orcs had hidden her. She felt that Rupert was near, or at least she felt something. She had hoped to be rescued, the riders had been so close. Crying, she leaned against the back wall of the cave, listening to the filthy orcs talk. "Oh Rupert, I had given up hope, then I was given hope again," she thought to herself. Maybe she could find a way to escape, but how? She was at the back of the cave, and they were at the front. It was getting dark, so dark.

"Where could they have gone? How could we have lost them?" A frustrated Halbarad asked as the group slowed down and stopped. One of the horsemen got off of his horse and started looking for clues on the ground. Night was falling again. They had hoped to have Miranda back and sitting near a warm fire by now.

"Anything, Inwe? Are you getting any signs of my wife?" Rupert asked helplessly.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 04:35
Inwë shook her head. "No, not yet, anyway. Although I know she is close. I know she senses it. Let us keep moving."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 11:44
((sry its been sooooo long))
Lilona had finish tending Ruperts wounds. She went tosee about the other hobbit. No apparent wounds. She tried to talk to the hobbit,"Hello, What is your name?"
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 04:33
{{sorry! i'm still here!}}

Marbisk went over to where the horsemen who was searching the ground was. He thought of all the things he knew about his race, and tried to figure out where Miranda could be. He spoke to the horseman, "When they take the innocent, they usually hide them in a cave....the back of a cave. We may not be able to track these orcs, but do any of you know where there could be any caves around here?"
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: October 30, 2004 09:05
Back at the pub, Duncan and Glinni were still making sure that things were running smoothly, if not a little too smoothly.

"Glinni, I don't think Rupert is going to like tablecloths on the tables, and those paintings of flowers! This is a pub, for goodness sake!" Duncan tried to reason with Glinni.

"Rupert will be bringing back Miranda soon, I'm sure of it!" Glinni replied, "She'll be very happy that we made the pub a little bit nicer."

*the search goes on*

The little hobbit that had been in the sack didn't answer Lilona. "I think this hobbit is in shock," said Rupert.

ooc: anyone want to be the hobbit?
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 09:54
((can I be the hobbit? I wish to call him Ravi,looks alot like frodo))
Lilona thought it strange that one would be in shock."Hello. I'm Lilona this is Rupert and-" Lilona forgot, she didn't know everyones name.

Ravi was in shock. He was processing what was being said to him."Hello." He relized that the elf maiden talking to him must have been new to the group herself."I am Ravi." He talked slowly. He found it strange how and elf and a hobbit-' wow this is such a strange assortment of folk' he tought. He was having a hard time processing the things around him.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: November 13, 2004 12:43
"When they take the innocent, they usually hide them in a cave....the back of a cave. We may not be able to track these orcs, but do any of you know where there could be any caves around here?"

Halbarad thought about it for a moment. The forest that they were in seemed familiar to him, but it had been a long time since he had been around here. "Caves! Yes, a cave. It couldn't hurt to look around, since it seems that we have lost the orcs totally." Turning to the horsemen, he asked the lead man. "What do you think? Is a search of the caves in order?"
The horseman agreed that Marbisk had the right idea, so they split up into teams to search the nearby caves, Halbarad and Marbisk going off together.

Back at the battle site, Rupert happily shook Ravi's hand. "Glad to meet you! Wish it could be in better times though. Once we get through this and get back to my pub, there will be plenty of ale and food and good times!" Rupert stopped talking, as Ravi seemed to be staring off into the distance. "Are...are you alright my good fellow?" Rupert asked with concern.

ooc: sorry about the lack of posting, hope we can get Miranda saved soon and go to the pub for a nice party!
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2004 10:30
Ruperts voice and hand shake had brought Ravi back from mid thought. He smiled " yes dreadful times nowadays. Better times ahead. You own a pub? kewl. Yes, i am fine." Ravi sometimes thought but, he ussually didn't think before he spoke. The only reason he had been caught and also, the reason he had been fired from the army.
((by army i meant militry equavelant in middle earth))
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 08:15
"I hope we can find Miranda," Marbisk said to Halbarad as they approached the enterance of a cave. Marbisk saw tracks on the ground and pointed them out to the ranger, who had already seen them. The fresher prints seemed to be going away from the cave, which meant that if Miranda was in the cave, there should only be a few orcs inside for guard. Marbisk and Halbarad looked at each other hopefully, and crept into the cave as silently as they could. Marbisk drew his sword.
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 04:11
(Hi. I'm an elf. She looks a lot like something between Arwyn and Galadriel. Very good with a bow.)

The crunch of sticks behind Marbisk made him spin around. "Hello," said the silvery figure infront of him. "My name is Myrrima. I've been following you for a while. I'd be rather careful if I were you. Nobody has come near that cave in a long time. I think many of the orcs have left for now, but I will keep a lookout for you if you like." She smiled. "I just want to help." She nudged her bow over her shoulder and smiled again. "Please?"
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 04:55
At this point another elven maid steps out of the shadows.
"hello, I'm Laisi, I was wandering by myself when i came across you guys. I'm kinda looking for company myself, could i possibly join you?"

the elf tilted her head slightly and looked at them, waiting. She looked young, barely into her first 100 years.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 07:31
Halbarad jumped as he heard the voices behind him. He motioned for everyone to follow Marbisk.
"I know that he's an orc," he whispered to the newcomers, "but he's on our side." The group crept into the cave. "Do either of you have a light of some kind?" Halbarad whispered again. His voice echoed loudly in the seemingly empty cave.

Rupert sat waiting, talking with Ravi about his pub. Most of the talk revolved around food.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 07:18
Inwë heard someone ask for a light. Her head jerked up.
"I have one," she whispered.
She put her bag down and opened the flap and looked for it. She was told something about the light of Elendil. Well, she had it. She was a good friend with Frodo, so he gave it to her. (Lame I know. But I couldn't think of anything else.)
She walked over to Halbarad and gave it to him.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 09:04
Lilona had been talking wioth Ravi and Rupert but, all the talk of food made her hungry."I'm going to help with the cave search." With that she went. She found Halbrad."What can i do to-" her question was stopped short when she saw the new-comers. "hello, I'm Lilona. Halbrad, can i help with the cave search for Mirinda, My darkness eyes might be of good help." She directed her first comment to the new comers and then to Halbrad she diverged.
Meanwhile Ravi continued to talk to Rupert. He found that they had a lot of the same favorite foods.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2004 05:23
Marbisk didn't know there was going to be so many people in the cave. That could be bad, but could also give them an advantage.
"Shh," he whispered to the newcomers. "We may not be the only ones in this cave." But then he remembered the light, it was very bright. If they were not heard ahead of time, they'd be seen. "Halbarad, we need the light, thank you Inwë, but try to keep it as dim as possible. Lilona, your eyes may very well help. Come up here in the front to so you can help us see." He was used to the darkness, but it couldn't help to have elf eyes with you. He turned to the Laisi and Myrrima. "Your eyes may very well help too. I don't know if those orcs will be coming back anytime soon, and it will not be good for us to back ourselves into a dead end. Could you two keep a lookout and the entrance to the cave for us?" Marbisk wasn't used to ordering people around, he wasn't even sure if he should be doing it now, but they had to find Miranda. They couldn't risk running into more orcs, unprepared.

{{Sorry to take charge like that, I didn't mean to... And welcome Laisi and Kahlan!}}
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 11:12
ooc: That's okay, I'm glad Marbisk took charge, somebody had to!

Halbarad nodded as Marbisk whispered his instructions. He wondered why Rupert hadn't come with Inwe to help. "Inwe, is Rupert hurt badly?" he whispered as they started walking slowly towards the back of the cave.

He pulled out his sword, and got ready.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 03:50
Lilona moved to the front of the group as per her insrtuctions. "Wait,"Lilona had thought of something, "Will you guys be able to keep track of me if I do go ahead. I don't know how well you guys can see in the dark and if you guys, umm, if you guys will be able to keep up, i walk pretty fast even though, I don't mean to." Lilona smiled a laughing smile but, was sure no one could see her.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 05:06
Suddenly, there was a loud banging noise, somewhere in front of them. It made them all jump.

"Lilona, do you see anything?" Halbarad asked, his heart pounding.

Another noise. The group stood, looking around, trying to see in the darkness.

At the back of the cave, Miranda sat helplessly as her orc captives piled heavy rocks all around her, walling her in.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2004 09:02
Inwë gasped slightly. She drew here sword and made her way toward Miranda. She wanted to save Miranda but she had a feeling in heart that something was pulling her back.
"Who's going to get her?" she asked the group. "Rupert? Halbarad, Lilona?"
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2004 04:41
Marbisk heard a shout behind him. "Watch out!" yelled Myrrima. "It's a trap! Look out!"

He turned and saw orcs coming by the dozens. Myrrima had taken out her bow and was shooting them down as fast as she could. Laisi was also cutting them down quickly, but they just kept coming.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2004 01:11
"You guys take care of the orcs, I'm sure theres more where mirinda is. If i'm right, we need to save her soon. I'll go and you guys, I'm sure can take care of the orcs, I'll help as soon as I can." With that she traveled to where Mirinda was. She was right. They had been building a wall around her but, She soon stopped that. They now lie dead." Mirinda, It's ok now, I will save you and then you can go back to Rupert, your husband." Lilona untied Mirinda and armed her with Herown dagger, just in case.

Ravi however, was in the fray at the front of the cave. When Lilona came back he was relived for he knew this would be over soon. Lilona looked to be a good fighter. And she was. The battle was over sooner then expected considering all factors.

((OK, now you can make the way back to the pub for that party, or, do we have somewhere else to go?))
bundamba
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 03:10
OOCOMG!!! I am so behind here. I am going to kill off my character so that I don't drag the rp... but I will drop in from time to time with a guest appearance!!!)

Erainthe had fallen WWWWWWwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind when the others had been thrown into battle. She was so scared that her horse picked up on to it.
when everyone had dashed forward to battle Erainthe had moved backwards. Plod her horse ran wildly throwing her to the ground.
She hit her head badly, still dazed she moved towards a half familiar voice yelling out for mirinda.
Orcs were pouring out of every crevice, every hidey hole. most didn't escape but one saw her. trying to hide from it in the bushes, it reached her and cut her down with it's blunt, poisioned sword.
Wow dieing is painful she thought as she bleed out and her world blacken not 10 meters from her new friends.
I hope that rupert finds his wife.

OOC.. Thanks for having me. Hope the new comers keep this rp going it is really good!!!!
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: December 04, 2004 06:19
(ooc: um....I'm going to backtrack a little bit, if you don't mind. I think a little more detail of the battle would be fun before it ends, don't you? see ooc thread

There was a loud shout. Rupert felt he had lost his mind. Inwe was gone, and there were orcs surrounding him and Ravi.
"Quickly Ravi, this way!" He grabbed Ravi's hand and the two of them ran down the path. He wasn't sure where he was going. Was this ever going to end? They saw a horse running by, a familiar horse. Was that Plod? What had happened to Erianthe? Rupert saw a small body on the ground up ahead.
"Where do you think you are going, halflings?" a orc stood in front of the two hobbits, towering over them. The battle raged behind them. As the orc raised his sword above the little hobbit's heads, a man came up behind him and stabbed him. Rupert and Ravi jumped out of the way just in time. The horsemen had come back from searching the caves, and just in time! "Go to the caves! Now!" the horseman yelled at Rupert and Ravi. "But what of Erianthe?" Rupert cried, wiping away the tears in his eyes. "She is gone," the horseman replied, "Now go!" Rupert and Ravi ran quickly to join the others at the caves.

At the front of the cave, there was yet another battle, but there were more orc bodies on the ground than in the battle.
Rupert joined the battle, alongside his new friend Ravi. He heard someone say that Miranda was in the cave. That news gave Rupert a sudden burst of energy, and he ignored his injuries and fought for his wife.

Halbarad fought alongside Marbisk, Myrrima, and Laisi. Lilona had disappeared toward the back of the cave.

Miranda felt herself being untied, a dagger thrust into her hand. How she had longed to have a dagger during her time with the orcs. There was one orc in particular that she longed to kill. The scars on her arms and legs itched at the thought. Her rescuer had killed so many on her own, but all of Miranda's thoughts were centered on killing this one orc. Miranda and Lilona started to walk toward the front of the cave, Miranda following Lilona carefully in the dark. She could hear loud shouts echoing from the front of the cave. They met up with Halbarad and the others. Then, she saw him.....he was fighting against an elf, a female elf. It was the orc. Screaming loudly, she forgot everything and ran towards him, dagger raised.

striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 02:29
Marbisk fought with all his might, swinging the elven sword. How could he have been so stupid? He should have known the orcs might be planning a trap...but it was no use beating himself up now. All he could do was fight the orcs, and so he did. He had heard Lilona shout something, but couldn't make out what she had said, but then she disappeared towards the back of the cave. She must have gone to get Miranda. If that was the case, they better get rid of these orcs soon, for it would not be good to have the hobbit trying to fight her way through the swarm. There was a good chance Miranda could be captured again. Marbisk fought even harder,and then he saw her. Miranda was launching herself towards another orc.
"Miranda, no!!" he shouted, and made his way toward her.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 06:00
((okay, i'm here, don't worry guys, lol))

Eeva and Amarth fought back to back, slaying orcs right and left. Turning, Eeva caught sight of Erianthe falling below an orc's blade. "NO!" She turned her attention back to the fight at hand, forcing her tears away.

Eeva threw a stiletto at an orc rushing towards them, landing it in his throat. She cursed under her breath, her stilettoes almost gone. Using her last few on orcs trying to hide among the trees, she turned to her daggers, pulling them out of her boots in one swift movement.

She worked her way towards Rupert, the stench of orcs becoming stronger with each orc they killed.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 05:13
Miranda heard someone shouting her name, but she couldn't stop herself from attacking the orc that had been in charge of her during her captivity. She stabbed her dagger at the orc, screaming hysterically.

Halbarad heard Marbisk's shout, but couldn't see Miranda from his spot in the cave.
<< First1415161718
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email