Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1415161718
Author Topic:
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: December 11, 2004 08:46
Myrrima slung her bow over her shoulder and took out her knife. The orcs just kept coming and they were getting far too close for comfort. "We better all take care of these orcs soon or there are going to be an extremely large amount of injured people here, and they won't all be orcs." she thought. She heard a shout behind her but she didn't know who it was for nor did she care and she soon forgot about it as she concentrated on all the orc in front of her.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: December 13, 2004 05:32
Marbisk watched as Miranda stabbed an orc. She was pretty good...but there were just too many orcs. One started to grab her from behind and try to pull her away from the one she was stabbing. Marbisk finally fought his way to her.
"I'll take her," he said to the orc, in their tongue, trying to seem like one of them. The orc seemed unsure of whether or not to give Miranda to him. "I said, I'll take her," he repeated, and when the orc did not cooporate, Marbisk stabbed him in the stomach and the orc fell to the ground, letting go of Miranda. She started to fall and Marbisk caught her in his arms and started making his way to the front of the cave. The orc the hobbit had been stabbing seemed to be hurt, but Marbisk wasn't sure if she had killed him or not.
"Halbarad!" Marbisk shouted, though he did not know where the ranger was.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 09:41
Ravi was at the front of the cave with Rupert when the shout was called for Halbrad. He fought his way inward to find who had called for Halbrad in case they were hurt. That and he was tired of stying in the front. He found that going inside was a bad idea for he was imeadiatly surrounded and grabbed. "Hey let go of me! Lilona, Someone, Help!" He shouted.
Lilona heard ravi's frantic cry for help and rushed to find him. She had to kill quiet a few orcs before she found his captor. He was tied up. His captor was in gaged in a battle with... another orc? Lilona was confused but, It seemed Mirinda was already untieing Ravi." Ravi!" Lilona scolded. She tried to keep all orcs away from the pair of hobbits. She was doing pretty well.

((There was an orc with the group wasn't there?))
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 02:32
Rupert watched as Eeva made her way towards him, battling all the way. "Eeva! Over here!" he yelled, as he realized that he wasn't fighting anymore. Eeva and the horsemen were dispatching the orcs that were not running away. "We're winning," he muttered to himself, exhausted. He snuck behind a nearby rock to catch his breath. "I wonder where Ravi and Lilona are off to?" he said to himself. He sat down and rubbed his sore legs.

Miranda was shocked when an orc came up and took her away from her enemy, stabbing him in the belly. As he took her toward the front of the cave, she whispered, "Thank you, I owe you my life."

Halbarad heard Marbisk's call. It seemed that Myrrima didn't need any help, so he made his way to the front of the cave. Some of the enemies were also heading to the front of the cave, trying to escape the humans, elves, hobbits and the one orc battling against them. " Our enemies have underestimated their opponants, don't you think?" he said to Marbisk as he joined the group in the front of the cave. Ravi and Miranda stood together, and Lilona waved as she finished her last battle. Kneeling on the ground in front of the two hobbits, Halbarad took Miranda's small hands in his. "I believe that there is someone looking for you, Miranda Bracegirdle." Picking up MIranda, he started out of the cave.
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 04:03
Myrrima finished off the last of the orcs coming at her, then smiled briefly and leaned back against the wall. The fight was finally over and she was exhausted! She saw that everyone was moving towards a human, Miranda she guessed, as she hadn't seen her before. She decided that she would just wait beside the wall and catch her breath while everybody got back together and celebrated. "So this is the person they were all going to save." thought Myrrima. "I had wondered..." At that she sat on the ground, leaning her back against the wall and decided that she would just take a short rest while everyone got back together. "Any introductions can wait. Them getting back together is more important." and she watched them all for a while before falling asleep.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2004 08:06
Inwë had only killed a few yrcs but then went to the front of the cave where she was sure more yrcs would come. She killed all of them that were in sight. She turned around and saw Miranda and Rupert hugging and kissing each other like it was the end of the world. She smiled.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: December 15, 2004 01:25
ooc: Miranda is actually a hobbit, as is Rupert.

Halbarad carried Miranda out of the cave, calling out for Rupert. Rupert heard his name, and jumped out from behind his hiding place, seeing nothing but his beloved wife. Halbarad put Miranda down, and watched the happy reunion.

"I thought I'd never see you again," Rupert said as he finally kissed his long lost wife.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2004 10:41
Lilona couldn't help but smile at the reunion of husband and wife, it was always sweet.Ravi smiled too.
Tanwen_Luthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 04:24
((Hiya! I'm new here... is this still in the tavern... or has it moved to outside? Can my character just walk in or is everybody somewhere else? Help please!!!))
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 05:44
((we have two story lines going on right now. You can post as if you are at the pub, or you can jump in with us at the battle scene, we'll be heading back to the pub soon.))
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 02:33
ooc: Duncan is Rupert's cousin, he is at the pub right now. They are hobbits. We are at the end of a quest and heading back to the pub.

The horsemen gathered round the weary group. The leader of the men spoke, "We have taken care of the casualties for you, now we must move on. Halbarad, what of the sword?"

Halbarad and Rupert looked at each other, and then at Marbisk.

"Marbisk, do you remember when we spoke of the sword, and how it was given to me?" Rupert asked with a small smile. "Well, the owner of the sword has been with us all along."

Halbarad approached the orc. "Marbisk, the sword was mine, given to me when I was but a lad. I gave it to Rupert for safe keeping when I was helping him fight in his old pub. I was going to take it, when I found out that it was needed more by Rupert than by myself. Now that we have fulfilled the prophecy of the sword, I need it no more. I would be honored if you would keep it and remember me each time you use it."

Miranda hugged Halbarad, tears flowing freely from her tired eyes. "Must you go?"

"I'm meant to be with my kin, I'm needed at home," Halbarad replied giving and receiving hugs from everyone around him before mounting his horse. The horsemen and Halbarad rode off in the opposite direction of Rupert's pub.

*at the pub*

Glinniel and Duncan served the two or three pub patrons. Glinniel sat down at a table, throwing her towel down.

"Rupert is not going to be very happy with us, this place is not the booming business that it once was," Glinniel said with a heavy sigh.

"Well, it's not because of your cooking, look how big my stomach has gotten since we've been here!" Duncan patted his protruding stomach.

"That's because you have been eating all of the leftovers. We don't have enough customers to eat what I prepare!" Glinniel fought back tears as she got up and started wiping the empty tables. "I hope that they return soon, and with Miranda!"
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 06:41
Eeva smiled, hugging Halbarad. "I will miss you. Be sure to visit. I'm sure Jet will miss you as well." The ferret popped his head out of his bag, chittering. She watched as Halbarad rode off. "I'll miss him. I won't however, miss him sneaking food to Jet, Rupert, do you remember when he was so fat he could barely walk? All because of those table scraps." She laughed. "Come on you guys, lets get back home. I'm tired."

Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 01:00
Myrrima woke up, noticing that everyone was saying goodbye to a person that was in the company. Then she heard one say,"Come on you guys, lets get back home." At this Myrrima's ears pricked up. SHe felt it was time for an adventure. "Where are you going? Can I come with? My name's Myrrima by the way, to any who have not yet heard it or if I have forgotten to mention it." She smiled.

"It's nice to meet you all!" said Myrrima.

[Edited on 29/12/2004 by Kahlan]

[Edited on 29/12/2004 by Kahlan]
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 06:46
ooc: it's actually Halbarad that we said goodbye to. Marbisk, the orc, is still around.

"Myrrina, you are welcome to join us on our journey. We are going home to my pub in Bree. Jet will be eating plenty of Miranda's good cooking soon enough, Eeva. Of course, we should probably take a small rest before we start," Rupert said, giving a worried glance to his wife.

"A rest? I don't need any rest! I have never had so much energy!" Miranda shouted with happiness at the thought of going home. Home.....home with friends old and new.

"Fine then," Rupert said with chuckle, "Does anyone know which way to go?"
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 05:28
"Shouldn't we go back the way we came?" Lilona suggested. 'Though not the quickest way out, it may prove the quickest way home,' she thought."Would it not be th quickest way back to Bree."She said pointedly.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 05:42
She walked over to Halbarad and hugged him.
"Navaer mellonnin *Goodbye my friend*. Do not forget us."
She walked to to Myrrina.
"Suilaid, Myrrina. I am Inwë, daughter ofEldarion of Rivendell. Welcome to the group."
She turned to Lilona.
"Perhaps Lilona is right. I think we should go the way we came. Or perhaps one of Eeva's little friends, one who can fly, can show us the way? Do you have one that flies."

[Edited on 10/30/2004 by TheElvenPrincess]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 06:28
Eeva shook her head. "Sadly I do not. Jet has a tendancy of making creatures with wings want to eat him. It would probably be best just to go back the way we came."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 04:04
"As I have only seen the way you came from the edge of this forest, If noone else remembers the way, I would only be able to help until the edge of the forest." Lilona said. She thought she knew the way to bree from there but, that is the only place and a maybe at that. Hopefully someone else knew the way or she would have to call silver back from were ever she had wandered to.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 11:07
Marbisk stood by as the group talked of their new plans to return to Bree. He wasn't too sure if he'd remember the way back, but he knew someone would, and he'd try to help. As he stood, he gripped the hilt of Halbarad's sword. He didn't think he would have become attached to the ranger, especially since they didn't start out too well. That seemed to be how it was with many of the people he was now close too. Most of them first thought him to be a dangerous orc, now they thought him a friend.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 01:24
The group set out, Lilona in the lead. Miranda went alongside Eeva, laughing as Jet poked his head in and out of Eeva's clothes.

"Rupert, can I get one of those when we get home?" she asked, giggling.

Rupert grabbed her hand. "Anything you want, but I'm afraid our little friend Jet may get jealous if we do!"

The group went through the forest, some talking, some just taking in the scenery. The forest wasn't dark anymore. Sunlight streamed through the tree branches, shining on the travelers.

ooc: I know, pretty corny. Question....did our horses come back, or are we walking?

[Edited on 6/1/2005 by CarolP]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 10:18
Lilona lead the way a little ahead of the group stopping every now and then to reading the signs on the earth she had carefully noticed on the way since she had joined. Even if none of them remembered the way, she could probably find the way, by the earth. People always leave signs, whether they notice it or not.
((hey CarolP, no offence, but, my character's name is Lilona, not Stridlas))
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 03:00
ooc: sorry about that, I must have been pretty tired that night, no offense taken.

CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 05:43
The group went on, coming out of the forest, into a clearing. They had found some of the horses, so some of the group could ride. They had scavenged for whatever food they could find among the debris from the battle. It looked like the way was clear for the group to hurry back to the pub.

"Thank you all for saving me. I don't know if I can ever repay you all for my life," Miranda said to no one in particular, but to everyone present.

The group continued on it's way, passing by areas that looked somewhat familiar to them. The sky darkened, and they decided to stop and make a fire. They gathered around the fire, the night air taking on a slight chill.

[Edited on 11/1/2005 by CarolP]
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 01:06
Lilona sat by the fire, not paying any attention to the convesation going on around her. Her mind was elsewhere.
Ravi was talking with Rupert and Miranda."Hi, you must be Miranda, I am Ravi, nice to meet you."he said not haveing acctually meet her in the caves or on the way here. He had been helping Lilona on the way here. In the caves, well, he was busy trying not to be killed.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 11:01
Inwë stood by Rupert and Miranda. She was much taller than them, yet they were good friends. Ravi kept on talking to them and Inwë moved toward the wark fire. She sighed.
"So, how long have you and Ravi been friends?" she asked Lilona, still looking at the fire.
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 01:15
"And I am glad to meet you also, Miranda. MY name is Myrrima. Forgive me, but I must go take care of my horse now. I will then come right back." She looked off into the forest and whistled. Out of the woods came a whinny. Myrrima smiled. That was Stardust allright.

"I shall not be long." said Myrrima. Indeed, it was merely a few moments before she returned. Behind her were glimpses of a beautiful creature, all white and shining in the moonlight. Graceful and nimble she walked in the trees.

"She will come out when it s time to move out of the forest. Until then, she prefers to be left alone. Please do not disturb her." Myrrima smiled and then walked over and stood next to Inwe.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 05:25
"Hmm.. what? oh, me and Ravi just meet here. on this journy. He was tied up in a sack with some other orcs and i was there when he was untied. Other then that, we just like talked and stuff, he is a very likable person, well hobbit."Lilona answered the girl."I don't believe I caught your name." she pointed out.
Ravi was talking with Rupert and Miranda about what It was like at Rupert's pub.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 12:15
"You'll love it there! It's a wonderful place for hobbits. Plenty of food and drink, good company, some nice lower rooms, though I've grown fond of my room even if it's on the second floor..." Rupert talked loudly to Ravi about the pub. Miranda listened in, eyes growing heavy. When Myrrima returned with her horse, all talk stopped as they tried to get more than a glimpse of the beautiful creature.

"I would not dream of disturbing such a wonderous creature, though I don't think I could keep my eyes open to even try," Miranda said to the others. Rupert hopped up and prepared some blankets for himself and his wife. They said their goodnights and settled in for some rest, falling asleep almost immediately.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 04:27
"Hmm.. what? oh, me and Ravi just meet here. on this journy. He was tied up in a sack with some other orcs and i was there when he was untied. Other then that, we just like talked and stuff, he is a very likable person, well hobbit."Lilona answered the ."I don't believe I caught your name." she pointed out.
Ravi was talking with Rupert and Miranda about what It was like at Rupert's pub.

Inwë nodded. "Oh. I see. That's nice. My name is Inwë. I found out not too long ago that I am Eldarion, the king or lord or whatever of Rivendell's daughter."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 10:05
"That's interesting, who did you say Eldarion was again?"Lilona asked smirking.
"Oh, it sounds like a wonderful place to go."Ravi said torupert before preparing to go to bed himself.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 10:32
Inwë smiled. "Eldarion is the king of Rivendell. Or Lord of Rivendell, which ever. Which, basically means I am the princess of Rivendell."
She shrugged. "I think I may have to go back to Rivendell. But I like Bree. Rupert has loked after me for a long time. I guess that, now we have found Miranda, I can go back to Rivendell with my family."
She wondered for a while.
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 07:05
Myrrima sat down near the fire and listened to Inwe and Lilona talking. It was interesting. An elvish princess huh? Well, that was interesting. After a while she got up, pulled out a blanket and a bedroll from her pack, spread the bedroll on the ground and got comfy. SHe was so tired after fighting all those orcs! Ah, well, another day to come and she would be no help whatsoever if she was half asleep.

"Goodnight, melloneamin! (my friends)." she said and then drifted off to sleep.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 08:40
Marbisk settled down to have some rest. Wow....it seemed like he hadn't had a good night's rest in a while. He was glad everything seemed to be going alright again.

{{sorry it's short!}}
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 07:41
"Hmm, I've never heard of an elvish princess before, let alone from Rivendell. I think, when I am done with my business in Bree that I will be going out that way." Lilona said, not knowing why she was telling Inwe that she was going to Rivendell.
((Thats all I think of... for now.))
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 07:53
"Hmm, I've never heard of an elvish princess before, let alone from Rivendell. I think, when I am done with my business in Bree that I will be going out that way."

Inwë nodded. She thought for a moment.
"Perhaps my father wanted to rule Rivendell instead of Gondor. I do not know why. Now that I think about it, I am the princess of Gondor. Well, actually heir to the throne of Gondor anyway."
<< First1415161718
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email