Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1314151617Last >>
Author Topic:
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: September 12, 2004 11:48
She heard nothing but the crickets in response so, she tried a different aproach. " Hello, I am Lilona Snake. Can you tell me your names?" she could not tell who was the leader of the group and even if she did she wouldnt know what to adress him or her by.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: September 13, 2004 08:44
Marbisk wasn't sure if he was supposed to wait for someone else to answer the elf, but he felt bad just letting her stand there. He was just about to step forward and introduce himself when he remembered she'd probably pull a bow on him or something, so he hung back.

{{I'm sorry, but I will be, again, unable to post for about a week! Sorry! Feel free to write for Marbisk if needed!}}
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2004 11:46
"Will someone at least answer me? If your worrys are i might pull a bow or a sword which, are valid worries, dont because unless you go to attack me if i ask a question I wouldnt attack. I can see well enough to know when an attack is coming my way. Ill ask again, Who are you?" Lilona was getting slightly annoyed she would be happy if someone even told her to go away because not responding was just rude in here book.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 03:12
ooc: sorry Stridlas, I haven't had time to post in a couple of days.This is a very slow moving rp at times. See you when you get back, Marbisk!)

Rupert saw the elf maiden with the light colored horse enter the dark forest like a bright light. He was speechless, because the only creatures he expected to encounter were orcs and other ugly things.

Halbarad got off of his horse and approached the elf, who looked very young to him. "My apologies, fair elf-maid. I was surprised to see a young one such as you out in the forest at night. I am Halbarad, a retired ranger. I work as stableman at a pub, which is owned by a halfling, Rupert Bracegirdle. Rupert, say something to Lilona, she is thinking us rude."

Rupert waved down at Lilona, he didn't want to climb down from Halbarad's horse. "Hello, Lilona. We are looking for my wife, she was kidnapped by orcs long ago. By any chance, have you heard any news of a female hobbit in the company of an orc horde?"

Noticing Marbisk standing off to the side, Halbarad made sure to introduce him. "This is Marbisk, I had best introduce him to you right away. He is friendly, and very much on our side. We need to continue on our way, if you would care to join us you are welcome. I have to warn you though, we are heading straight into a dangerous battle, if and when we find Miranda.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 05:46
Inwë stood next to Rupert. She smiled at the elf.
"My name is Inwë Elessar. I'm a member of this group. Miranda was very kind to me when I was living at the pub."
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 09:05
"Oh Well, now we are getting somewhere.I would love to join your group. I am good with both bow and sword for i have trained every day scine my sixth year.Nice to meet you. Your journey seems like it should be fun and challenging and, i am quite young i have lost my mother and my father to orcs, they were killed." Lilona was happy to make new friends on her quest for revenge for her parents who had died deffending her.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 02:21
The group continued on there way, each member lost in their own thoughts.

"I can hardly keep my eyes open." Rupert said, half to himself and half to Halbarad.

"Then close them, my friend. I will wake you if need be. Get some rest while you can." Halbarad replied. He was very wide awake, and had a worried look on his face. It was a good thing to add a new member to the group, especially one that was good with both sword and bow.

Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 11:47
Lilona stayed toward the front of the group, acctually surprisingly unsure if the group was trustworthy. She decided to trust them unless they prove to her the truth." Hey where exactly are we heading, Halabrad? Also whos idea was it for this journey?"Lilona asked in an attemt to find out more about what she didn't think to ask before they set off. Not that she really cared she just wanted to know where she was headed so she knew what to expect.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 06:04
((sorry guys, i havn't had time to post in a while))

amarth had been silent during the exchange of words and companionship, keeping silently beside eeva and meansuring their new companion, feeling her distrust and wondering about it.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 02:54
"I suppose that you should know what you are getting into, Lilona," Halbarad said with a friendly smile. He could tell that she was uneasy about their group. "We should probably keep moving, ride next to me and I'll explain."

ooc: it's okay, faron. This rp is one that is moving very slowly, and that's okay.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 07:40
Eeva rode along silently, a strand of hair falling in her face. She pulled it back, retying the strand of leather around her hair.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 02:06
"okay." Lilona was felling better already. She was tired but, she was happy."thank you"
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2004 09:39
Lilona sang a tune to herself but, hummed the rythm aloud for she felt that with agroup so luod at the feet she needed an over powering sound for herself to listen to. She stopped humming. She also stopped moving and started listening. "Shhhhhh" she urged It was as she feared. "I haer an encapment of Orcs ahead. Also there sounds to be two comanding officers. The officers would be Uraka-hai. There also sounds to be maybe ten underofficers or Orcs I mean. I think we can take them but, do you?" Lilona posed the question. She knew with even own persons help she could probably take them but, she wasnt sure how the group would fell about battle with such enimys at a disadvantage.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: September 20, 2004 12:21
"Take them? Take them!" Rupert had just shaken himself awake when he heard what Lilona said. "I...." he looked at Halbarad helplessly. "I thought that the battle would be at the end of the forest!"

Halbarad replied, "Look around you, we are at the end of the forest."

Sure enough, there was light shining through the trees, not bright sunlight, but the kind of light that signals the end of the evening and the start of the morning. An in between kind of light.

Halbarad turned to the others with a gleam in his eye.
"Shall we fight? Marbisk, do you have the sword ready?"

At that moment, they heard the noise of a galloping horse, not in front of them where the orc camp was, but from behind them.

"What the...." cried Rupert as he turned around.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 09:26
Lilona hoped she was not wrong with this,but her hopes where scarce for she was supossed to meet her friend later and along the road aways. "Well we can take one but, we will have to take them all with the racket they made coming this way."
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: September 24, 2004 03:21
When Rupert turned around he saw, much to his surprise, a group of men on horseback. He had a vague feeling that he'd seen some of these men before.

"Are you friend or foe?" Halbarad inquired "For we have enough trouble in front of us, let alone behind us as well!"

What Rupert didn't know was that the leader of the group of men had recently been in his pub. It was the stranger who had questioned Duncan Bracegirdle.

"We are off to battle, again I ask, are you friend or foe?" Halbarad said angrily.

"If we were foe, we would have cut you down already!" The stranger replied. "We are ready to help you and the hobbit Rupert in any way that we can."

Rupert was very surprised to hear his name.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 06:20
{{ooc: Hey all! I'm back.}}

Halbarad turned to the others with a gleam in his eye.
"Shall we fight? Marbisk, do you have the sword ready?"

At this, Marbisk gripped the sword tightly and nodded. Then he heard horses behind them and he turned around, drawing the sword as he did so.
It was a group of men. They said they were here to help. Marbisk was caught off gaurd, so he didn't remember to think that him standing there ready to strike would not make the men think he was very freindly.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 01:44
The strangers did indeed notice Marbisk, but not before they noticed the sword.
"You have the sword! The sword that we've been looking for...!" One of the strangers started toward Marbisk, but a loud scream distracted everyone.

"What was that?" yelled Rupert

"I don't know, and it's time to find out!" Halbarad said as he started riding in the direction of the noise, straight toward the orc encampment.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 05:10
Inwë stood behind Rupert, who was holding his sword. Her sword was un-sheathed and she was prepared. Just because she is a princess doesn't mean she doesn't know who to fight.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 11:41
Lilona had had bow ready scince she first heard the orc voices incase any orc came too close for his own good.She put it away now for her sword. She felt she would kill a couple of orcs. All the orcs though would be dead. 'Our small army is bigger than theirs'Lilona thought. She had paid no attantion to the group of men. She took no notice of really anything in the group or what she was doing.Her mind was focoused on the road ahead of her.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 12:43
amarth readied himself loosening his sword in it's sheath, preparing his mind for battle, silent as he had been during resent events, he was prepared to aid the group as a companion if others had taken the leader's charge

((sorry i havn't been posting, i'm a school and it's a bit hard to keep up with everything))
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 09:18
Lilona got off her horse and told Silver to take the shortest path to the end of the wood without going through the orc incampment, in elvish. She knew Silver would find a way to tell Justin about the group if he was there. Justin, she did not want to think of him. He was supossed to meet her at the end of these woods and to help her find the orcs that had killed her parents so many years ago. "Okay lets go." Lilona said this as she walked toward the incampment of orcs, careful to be as quit as possible.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 06:25
Eeva grabbed her daggers out of her boots, spinning them around in her hands a few times. It was times like this she wished she had a sword or a bow at the least. She checked the placement of her stilettoes, satisfied she had enough.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 11:24
The group stood at ready, just at the edge of the encampment. Rupert trembled, mostly from fear, but also from excitement. A scream was heard again, a scream that was starting to get farther away. Rupert recognized it this time. "It's Miranda!" tears sprang up in his eyes. "Let's go!"

Halbarad watched as the group of men moved ahead of them and started to battle the group of orcs. He decided to go after Miranda, signaling to Marbisk to follow him. The rest of the group followed the men into the fray.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 01:19
Inwë opened her mouth.
"Miranda!" she called.
She waited for an answer as she ran with Rupert.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 11:41
Lilona loved to battle. She had not in a long time. battling now made her remember the great felling she got when she did. Almost like flying or floating on air. Lilona lost track of what she was doing.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 12:13
Rupert heard Inwe yelling Miranda's name. They were running, Halbarad and Marbisk alongside him. He didn't know where the others were. They had lost Erainthe quite awhile ago. "I hope everyone is alright back there," he thought to himself. He tried to keep up with the others, but fell behind the larger, faster people.

"Don't worry Rupert! We'll find her!" Halbarad yelled back. Suddenly, Halbarad saw Rupert being attacked by orcs. He started to turn around when he saw the stranger and his men helping Rupert. He wasn't sure where amarth and Eeva were, but he knew that they would be killing their share of orcs. "Marbisk! Inwe! Let's find Miranda!!" They ran quickly towards the a group of orcs that were running away from the encampment.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 03:10
Inwë nodded. She ran next to the small hobbits.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 12:14
1,2,3.1,2,3. Lilona was thinking of a waltz. How many orcs were left? She didn't know. How many had she killed? She didn't know.She heard a shout that had brought her back to what she was doing. At the moment she was chasing about seven orcs killing them off one by one.
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 02:30
Marbisk, holding the sword, followed Halbarad, Inwë, and Rupert. He was glad he wasn't in the battle behind them, but he wondered what lay before them.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2004 10:38
turn, duck, slash, parry, the practiced dance of a master of fence such as Amarth swung into full, he had freed himself through skill from easy injury by dim-witted Orcs a long time ago, and not they were a small concern to him, especially with such a wonderfully effective and varied force with him, he did not like bloodshed, but neither did it turn his stomach, the Orcs in front of him and around him were simply in the way of him doing good and he wanted to remove that obstacle. turn, duck, slash, parry; slash, parry, turn, duck again and again with his companions around him guarding his blindside, as he guarded theirs.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2004 05:31
Eeva slid off Maura's back easily, throwing her knives at orcs from a distance. She hit nearly every one in the throat, causing them to fall to the ground dead. When they got too close, she grabbed her daggers out of her boots, fighting with them.

She cursed out loud as an orc slipped past her, his fowl blade cutting her arm. Turning angrily, she killed the orc that hit her. Suddenly she didn't feel so well. She looked down at the wound, which was a sickly green. The blade had been poisoned. She shook her head, clearing her mind as best as she could of the oncoming blackness. She couldn't hold it off any longer. After killing one last orc, she fell to the ground, darkness swallowing her.
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2004 11:38
After Lilona killed all the orcs in front of her she turned around and just in time to .kill an orc with an oncoming attack. When Lilona looked to find everyone else she noticed someone on the ground. Everyone else looked to have the orcs almost down so, she went to tend to her fallen comrad. When she came upon the fallen person she saw the wound, a posioned orcs blade. Lilona ran to the horse to see about an antitoxin. Yes, she did have some. Lilona went back and followed proper procedure to clean and wrap the wound.She gave the antitoxin and looked to see about the orcs.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: October 13, 2004 08:17
Running as fast as he possibly could, Rupert tried to keep up with Halbarad and the others. Suddenly, out of the side of his eye, he saw a lone orc, carrying a bundle. He wasn't going the same way as the others. He called out to Marbisk, "Marbisk, look over there!" He pointed in the direction of the orc.

Halbarad heard Rupert's cry, but was distracted when the orcs in front of him turned around and started heading toward them. He was too far away to warn them, and he saw two orcs starting to attack Inwe, as others battled the men. There was no time to think, as he was being attacked as well.

Rupert felt the adrenalin surge through him as he ran. He knew that the bundle on the orc's back was Miranda! He just knew it!
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2004 09:24
As she looked around she noticed Rupert running. 'Where is he headed' she thought. No sooner had she thought that had she found her answer. He was now level with a lone orc headed away from the battle with a sack. She watched for a second before another orc was attacking her. She killed him almost effortlessly. 'I have to move' She thought. She decided to see about Rupert so she ingaged the closest orc to them in a battle that would have been short if she did not want to prolong it. She forced the orc practicaly back to back with the lone orc. Rupert now engauged it in battle and it put down the sack. Lilona justkilled the orc and went for the sack. the orc lost intrest in Rupert. Its purpose was now to protect the sack. She was inbetween it and its purpose. Like a rock and a hard place. She prepared to engauge it. Sword at the ready.
<< First1314151617Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email