Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1011121314Last >>
Author Topic:
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Eregion *need new ppl, pm to join* (KEEP)
on: June 20, 2004 07:02
Siriel cursed under her breath as she tried to fit in with the Ithillien soldiers, most of which were hardly in condition to fight. This is one thing I can't agree with Erudu on...riding again so soon after such a large battle...if Tartarus has back-up that we weren't expecting, he is handing him us, our army, to Tartarus on a silver platter! Another side of her argued against that idea in her head. Well look who's talking now! You aren't even supposed to be riding out there, and yet you are, because you want to go. Look at these soldiers. They want to go, just as well. Are you going to deny them that right?

Siriel realised how foolish she was being by arguing with herself. She had always been good at wieghing up advantages and disadvantages, but she didn't ever give the orders, and she always--(well, almost always) followed her orders. But then she thought of another thing and the arguing continued.

You heard Erudu's speech. He totally wants to annhiliate Dunland. That's the only way to avoid drawing this war out, hurting more people...innocent people.

Celon was waiting impatiently at the cleaned out healers tent. It was quite full, but at least it was clean. Yep, no bugs here-I already checked...darn... Celon was startled by Arrow's voice inside her head.

You...where have you been this whole time? Where are you now?

HERE!

Arrow came swooping into the tent, spiraling around the room a few times, upsetting people's hats or helmets.

My Eru, will you settle down?

Oh fine...you're no fun. And this whole time I have been right in the middle of the battle!

Celon looked at the growing bird. The falcon was still not large enough to be fighting, but he was growing almost daily.

"Maybe it's time you had a bit of armor put on you, eh?" Fael said, limping out of the corner. He took a small wristgaurd out of his pocket. It was encrusted with four-bladed knives encircling the thin leather strap. "Your talons are not yet fully grown, but put these around your legs and they'll work just as well."

Celon, Arrow said, looking confused. Did he just talk to me?Can I talk to him?

Why don't you try Arrow, I'm sure it won't hurt him.

Actually Celon, I can't speak to birds, only other elves.

Celon turned to Fael, who had just unveiled his gift to her. "Well then!" she said, surprised.

After they had 'outfitted' Arrow, the bird left to show-off his new weapon. Celon started to leave, but Fael stopped her. "Wait! Where are you going?" "You think this staff is just for show?" Fael smiled. "No, but aren't you a healer? They're going to be needed, especially now." "I am, I'm riding with Erudu and Morvanna, to cover thier backs, and if any one of them gets injured, they can get immediate help."

"Oh. Well...I'm pretty sure the Imladrian side'll need me-" "Oh don't be a fool, you're injured!" Fael did not go back to the tent, but stepped outside. "Everyone out there is!" They both mounted thier horses, waiting for the armies to start moving. Arrow's voice came to Celon again.

Celon, just shut it, you know you want him to come...

Ignoring him, she turned to Fael. Well, Morvanna and Erudu could use some help. If you're coming, you're coming with me! Fael made no objection.

gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 09:53
Sirieth had picked her team well, she thought, and though she appreciated the Guide's presence, he wasn't really needed... not with her tracking skills... but still, it was good to have him.

For a moment, before she gave the order to attack them, her lip curled at the Sentries. They weren't really watching... and there were far fewer than she would have placed... or... fewer than Angúron would have - the elleth well knew.

"You..." she whispered to the guide, "take half the team and go around behind them. I'll take the rest from the front and let you know when to attack."

The ellon quickly indicated 10 warriors and with elven-stealth, the two groups moved out. "Le hûr?"* Siri sent, when she was sure her own troops were in place. "We are, Huntress!" was the silent reply. "Herio!!"** the Reinechil broadcast, and from two sides, the elves burst from their hiding places.

It was short work, and quickly, Sirieth and the others had the crossing sentries taken care of. "Hîr nín! The Crossing is secured!" she sent then, and posted a number of elves to keep Watch. With the others, she melted into the surroundings... and waited.

~~~~~~~~~~~
* Are you ready?
** Begin!

(( OOC.. sorry so short... have had MAJOR writer's block!! I still do for Angúron, grrr!! ))
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2004 02:03
Erudú and Morvana did not have to wait long for the word from Sirieth, she had quietly and quickly taken care of the sentries. Erudú stands and looks over the brave but few men that follow them into battle. Erudú looks at Morvana and she feels the worries he has, "This will go well Erudú you and the other leaders planned it well so don't allow worry to overcome you now." "We have 180 men Keli has a mere 200 and I look at these men and wonder which of them will not return, and what of Keli and her command, which of them may not return?" Erudú wonders aloud.

Erudú gives the signal and the two heavy gates swing open silently beckoning those behind them to go on. Súlimo and Laraya ride out in front and signal for the embarking to begin. Quietly the infantry board the craft and the riders make for the riverbank and wait to swim across. Erudú signals and the gates are closed to wait for Keli's arrival. The boats push off and all the riders and their steeds enter the water and slowly and swim across. The current here is slight so the swim is not difficult and goes quickly.

Erudú and Morvana leave the water and meet with Sirieth who gives them a final briefing before she takes all but two of her men and makes for the far side of the encampment. Morvana calls to Keli. "Keli all is clear, we are just landing the final craft and will take our position. Two of Sirieth's men will wait for you to land before leaving. Cross as soon as you're ready. May Eru and Manwë watch over you and your company this night."

With Erudú and Morvana in the lead the entire company walks quietly along the riverbank until they are able to swing around the bottom of the encampment. Sirieth has shown her skills for they encounter no sentries on the route and are able to take their positions without any notice. Hopefully this fight will go as smoothly, Erudú thinks to himself but Morvana turns and whispers in his ear "it will my love, this night is ours."

South of the orc camp was a small rise that had a sentry post on top and there was an orc sentry or it seemed at first. The body of the orc had been pushed down over a small bank and lay there for Erudú, Morvana and company to see without his armour and the same scenario had taken place at a second post 200 paces away. Erudú, Morvana and their captains crawled to the top of the knoll and looked over the top at the lay out of the camp and it's command centre. As reported the Tartarus's commanders had set-up their tents closer to the south side of the camp furthest away from a direct attack from the river, they had not given thought that the forces of Eregion would even try to swing behind them.

The camp was larger and more spread out than thought which raised the risk greatly to Eregion's soldiers because now they needed to stretch out more than thought and they were to few to cover it well. At the bottom of the knoll the plans were laid out, Erudú and Morvana would try to destroy the command area and hopefully confuse the camp and Keli's attack should draw them off enough for them to hold their line even though the numbers were against them. The lines were set and all the ellyn moved into position. Erudú and Morvana moved into position with Laraya and Súlimo beside them. Now came the wait for everyone else to take their position.

The time dragged on and one by one the battle groups fall into place with only Eómer's group still to take it's place. They watch and wait and then they watch as two orcs walk up from the camp one to each sentry post, blades in hand the two elves dressed in the orc armour prepare. The far post deals with orc as soon as he takes his second step into the post but rise by Erudú is not so sharp and as he comes to the top he sees some movement to the side and stops short of the post and in still in sight of the camp. He stops and looks closer and speaks in orcish to the elf posing as the guard. His answer was an arrow in his mid chest but from down below this is seen by some of the others in the orc camp. Several orcs draw their swords and begin to run up the hill.

"We have been spotted Keli move in now" Morvana calls to her. " Archers use your arrows well,…. at the ready….fire". The arrows fly through the air striking those that bound up the hill and now others in the camp begins to realise what is happening. Erudú and Morvana stand and hold their swords, two shafts of light up the night and merge into one, a large structure is hit and partially destroyed setting it alight. Again they try to hit the command tent but strike another also setting it alight and from it several are seen running while they burn. Again they try and hit the rear of the tent setting it alight but several are seen running from it. This frustrates Erudú who had hoped to kill the leadership out right. They follow the running group as best they can and several fall as they run into a hail of arrows. Orcs and dunlendings are now seen running about trying to gather themselves together. Erudú and Morvana try again and destroy a large tent completely and see bodies fall to the ground and some burning. Several more structures and tents are left burning and the attack by Keli can now be seen as they set alight tents and structures on the northern side of the camp.

A group of fifteen charges up the hill to the other sentry post but the archers mow them down. Erudú and Morvana shoot at tents further to the east of the camp to burn what more they can and instil panic in the camp. A large ball of fire flies up out of the camp and lands in the dry grass behind them setting it on fire. The mounted soldiers work quickly to beat down the flame. The catapult is hidden from view but its second shot gives away its location but not before a second ball of fire again sets the grasses on fire. Two shots later Erudú and Morvana are able to partially destroy the catapult making it use less. The view from the hill to the north showed a camp that was ablaze, it seemed as though Keli had been able to make some in roads and now the fires began to spread on their own from tent to tent.

This was not a typical orc camp, it's lay out and the use of many tents were more like that of men rather than orc. The orcs began to organise their numbers and return arrow fire beginning to fall on the elves. Erudú wanted to avoid direct contact fighting with the orcs as long as possible because the numbers were so heavily against them. Erudú and Morvana were finally able to be closer to their targets with their shots and soon the remaining orc archers retreated into the camp. A call for help came from further up the line and Erudú and Morvana did their best to arrive as quickly as they could. The fighting was with swords and there was little they could do but other than join in. Súlimo, Laraya, Morvana and Erudú rode into the fray slashing at the orcs arms and heads splattering orc blood everywhere, the stench that was in the air was horrible. "I need six mounted to hold this line" Erudú called as the crush of orcs grew. A quick look back to the other post and Erudú sees orcs slowly moving up the hill in a wedge formation protecting themselves from the archers by using shields.

Morvana we have got to get out of here for a clear shot or we won't hold this line or the other. Erudú looked back again looking for the mounted warriors who were now desperately needed. Erudú your right!! Came the call from Súlimo. Erudú felt the blade of the dagger sink into his ankle but he was still able to kick the dunlending hard in the face knocking him back and Súlimo rode up and separated the mans head from the rest of his body. Erudú leaned down and pulled the dagger out, his war armour had protected him but the blade still found it mark. Erudú could feel his boot warm as blood from the wound trickled into it. Súlimo rode to his side and just looked at him, "Not a word to anyone." Erudú told him. Súlimo gave a nod and continued to push against the orcs. The six riders arrived and shortly there after the tide turned enough for Erudú and Morvana to separate from the fight and ride part way back for a clear shot on the advancing line. "Erudú focus yourself on the middle of the group and I will do the same." Morvana tells him. Flame erupts from the two swords and lands in the centre of the advancing wedge. Bodies are flung in every direction and the explosion throws even some of the elves back. Those orcs that could flee back into the camp while others lay about broken, missing limbs and close to death. They are not left to suffer long but some of Erudú's own men lay dazed and injured but most injuries are light though Duath might disagree. Again they shoot at the retreating orcs and those that survive the second shot drop their shields that they may run even faster.

Súlimo and Laraya ride to the side of their masters. " Look there my Lord, ..those men…..they wear the armour of Sauron." Súlimo says in amazement. There were indeed five men wearing the symbol of Sauron and three orc commanders. Morvana the centre of them. Erudú tells her but before the light finds it's mark Tartarus's men ride into the camp and only two men and an orc fall to the ground. With the orcs going deeper in to the camp and no longer coming at them the time has come to draw swords and enter the camp it self. Erudú, Morvana, Súlimo and Laraya draw their swords and signal the advance on the camp. Erudú calls to Keli and Sirieth with the news. Keli and Sirieth I hope it goes well for you, we are now advancing into the camp. We have some losses but the enemy has taken heavy losses, I would say 250 to 300 lay dead on this hillside. Their leadership wears the amour and mark of Sauron, there were 5 men and 3 orcs on horseback and they rode east. We killed two of the men and one orc. They may be fleeing the camp or trying to rally their forces, either way be weary of them. With swords drawn and some ready with their bows the company begin to slowly advance on the encampment and enter in. Morvana rides up to Erudú's side and says loud enough for both Erudú and Súlimo to hear, "Don't you two think I don't know about that ankle." Erudú looks instinctively at his boot where some blood has begun to flow down his boot from the hole made by the dagger and then back it Morvana. He says nothing and spurs Palermo on.

[Edited on 24/6/2004 by Barahir1]
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2004 04:56
Keli, Kale and Anguron slowly became frustrated as they realized that the camp was alot larger than first thought.......

"I wish I had Ashur....... when we light the tents...... Sunthorns going to glow like molten gold............... I'm going to make a perfect target........... and this camps not laid out right......"

Kale growled...... too many of his hound handlers had either wounded hounds or were too injured to fight...... they had taken heavy casualties in the earlier battle...... He needed them here......

"We have been spotted Keli move in now"

"Move in! Destroy every tent you can....drag them down......... burn them....... ANYTHING! "

Keli kneed the stallion into the camp..........and the horses and riders used every thing they had to burn and destroy..........

"Anguron..... we need to split up........ buy Erudu and Morvana as much time as we can...... make our numbers look bigger! We need noise...light and we need to split into three columns....... do what you can, but don't get too far in..... back away if needs be........."

As the troop of 200 suddenly split the smoke from the fires obscured them....and three separate groups emerged.........

Kale and his jumped down from their mounts and went into the fray on foot................. firebrands found tents and supplies...........

Keli could only hope Anguron had enough men to continue the fight as her smaller group suddenly was encircled......... orcs.........

"Do you think you could live long enough to get back to my brother in one piece? And long enough for me not to have that pardon recinded?"

Keli could have hugged the tired, dirty and bloody Shadow as he hacked his way through to her............

"The stallion wouldn't move!"

"I suggest you look to your left.............. if you moved.............."

Keli and her men looked...... Sunthorn has refused to back any farther to that side..... leaving them inexplicably pinned....... The edge of a ridge had been hidden in the dark............ and the smoke.......... none would have been able to survive if they had gone over....... they would have been easy marks..............

"HOW? Even I didn't see it..."

"Krys gave you the horse didn't he?"

"Yes...............why?"

"Ever wonder in the short time you've known him WHY the animals trust him?"

A whisper from one of the others answered for Keli.........

"They speak to him don't they? I heard him gently talking to my mare,, she's not comforatble with anyone else........... She let him treat the wounds, and then he found me the mount I'm on now........."

"As far as I know its only Equines and Birds of Prey........... he's got a long enough range with them to know the danger you were in..... WIsh I'd thought of that before the horse I was on went nuts...... Nearly got me killed trying to get here..........."

Keli urged Sunthorn forward which the stallion did easily................

"It seems the leadership wears the white hand of Sauruman..... and rides east............... lets see if we can follow them...... the less Tartarus knows the better......."

I head to get those that you say are the leaders........ Anguron and Kale will or should rendevous with you........ Shadow is with me...... The less our enemy knows...the better Erudu.........

"We ride EAST!"

The horses whirled and galloped off........... Shadow catching one of the loose ones in camp.......
elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 11:10
Morvana smiled as she led Fairwen to come beside Palermo, Laraya not far behind her. She knew why Erudu wanted his small injury to be kept secret: he did not want to be pulled away for it to be treated while battle continued and to not let Morvana worry. Morvana understood this, learning from past battles, so she decided to keep her mouth closed, eyeing Erudu from time to time.

"A concept I have yet to comprehend," started Laraya as they continued to ride forward, "is why must there be war just to have the lives of many taken just for there to be peace? Why do the minds of evil set their purpose and goal to be rid of what we so greatly desire?" Good question, Morvana thought as she drew her bow, shooting arrow after arrow at the orcs who started to flee behind the horizon.

"The answer to your question, Laraya, may never be truly answered but I believe what you might be looking for is what Men of the past desired...power. Power has the ability to corrupt the minds of those once good at heart into becoming the cruelest of all living beings that walk this Middle-Earth. In turn, their minds are set to one single purpose--to dominate all life. It is strange, really, to think that such a small word and the meaning behind it could cause so much evil and hate. But, is it such a small word?"

"You speak with such high knowledge and wisdom, Lady Morvana, that one does not need to ponder such things as they have before," says Sulimo as he continued riding next to Erudu. "Thank you, dear Sulimo. I am glad I could relieve your wandering mind."

The battle was growing intense as fire could be seen everywhere, lighting up the darkness of night that advanced to surround them. Morvana looked to her husband and said, "Erudu, you have been wonderful to not only me but your friends and the people of Eregion. I know we will succeed in victory in this great battle for you have very well planned this out. I do, though, have one question to ask of you before we continue: will the Lord Sorontur fly with his wife and meet our dreaded foe head on, keeping their swords drawn together and to rid this land of its hated evil? Let us show them that the Lord and Lady of Eregion pronounce that their presence here was never welcomed!"

Erudu smiled as he looked into the eyes of Morvana and said, "Lady Morvana, you should already very well know the answer to that question!" With that, Ilumire and Firestorm, already drawn, showed a spectacular light that shined around them--Ilumire revealing a brilliant green and Firestorm a fiery red. They both dismounted from their mounts, as did Sulimo and Laraya, and they made their way to kill as many orcs as possible that still remained in camp.

Never before has Morvana seen such a sword like Ilumire be put to work, its stunning blade cleaving its way through the throats of her foes, slicing their bodies in half with little force. Firestorm was very much the same as she could see Erudu cutting his way through the many that charged before him. Her eyes also showed her the fleeing of many of the orcs, possibly regrouping as Erudu stated earlier, and she made her way to stop as many as she could.

"They seem to be diminishing now but I can feel that they are hiding something but what I am not sure of," said Morvana to Erudu as she took down another orc. "I would be cautious at this moment!" After saying this, a volley of arrows came plummeting down upon them, most of them missing their targets. Out of the shadows then, came a group of charging orcs, swords drawn at the ready. "Erudu, ahead of you!" warned Morvana as she then turned around to the soldiers behind her saying, "Aim for your targets...release your arrows! Fire!" A volley of arrows could be heard singing through the air, the music only stopping when they had hit their destination.

Her grip on Ilumire tightens as she readies herself to fight. Laraya, seeming to come out of nowhere, came beside her sister with her sword drawn as well, only smiling to Morvana for a second before she was off. Morvana, not far behind her, pursued Laraya's footsteps and detached the head of an orc before he could even raise his sword. "This is going to be a long night!" she said to Laraya as they fought back to back.

Morvana's eyes scanned the area around her, searching for Erudu when her eyes fell on a familiar friend: Narlen, his arrows being released at great speed, fought with unbelievable accuracy. She did not expect his being here and quickly pierced an orc's chest, stopping him in his tracks. Now Narlen drew his sword, welcoming all whom wished to die when Morvana, out of the corner of her eye, saw an approaching Dunlending from behind. "Narlen, behind you!" screamed Morvana. Narlen immediately turned around to stop his foe but it was too late. The evil crafted sword found it's way to Narlen's side, making the sword Narlen held drop to the ground. His knees gave in as he fell on top of them in defeat. "NARLEN!" Morvana cried in shock as she froze solid where she was, which wasn't a very smart thing to do at a time like this, and felt the sting of a blade come down on her right arm. Morvana realized this and killed the orc in one quick motion. Afterwards, she rushed to kill the Dunlending by detaching his head from his body before he could take another swing at his opponent.

"Narlen," Morvana said once more as she took her friend's head and gently laid it on the ground. "Morvana...I thought you were still tied to your bed...it is too dangerous for a maiden such as yourself to be fighting out here," he said in a hushed whisper. "You were a good friend to have...I was lucky to have met you Morvana!" "Don't be foolish, Narlen, you are still and forever will be a great friend to me. It doesn't have to end now and it won't. I'm going to save you Narlen, I'm going to ease your pain!" Morvana's eyes started to water as she tore a piece of her sleeve, putting pressure on his wound.

"Morvana, it's not going to help...go back to your fighting. There is nothing more you can do now." "But there is still more that I could do...I'm not going to leave you Narlen!" "You must Morvana! Don't worry about me, I will be fine and be at peace...I won't really be leaving, just roaming if you will like I did in the past. I've become accustomed to it, seeing that that is usually what a ranger like me would do." "Narlen, please don't go...don't leave me here! What will I do without you? You have helped me conquered the impossible and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you! Please, Narlen, don't go! I'm going to help save you...Duath will be here shortly just hold on!" "Morvana..."

Slowly, Narlen's eyes closed shut and no longer could you see the rise and fall of his chest. "Narlen...NARLEN! Don't go...please don't go!" Tears rolled off of Morvana's cheek as she lay her forehead upon his..."Don't go!" She rose her head and stared at his lifeless body...she couldn't hear the cries of battle anymore and time seemed to stand still. Morvana brushed away the hair that had found its way to Narlen's face and looked down upon his wound, her cloth still there, stained with blood.

"My dear friend," she whispered, "I should have noticed before...I could have warned you faster...it's my fault and I am so sorry!" A hand gripped Morvana's shoulder then and her eyes looked up into Erudu's face, tears still streaming down her dirty face. "Wake me, Erudu, from this horrible nightmare! Please tell me this is just a nightmare!" "Morvana," Erudu softly said, extending an arm but Morvana wouldn't take hold. Instead, she reached for Ilumire that was lying next to her and stood up, wiping away the tears of sorrow. Her grasp on the hilt of Ilumire tightened with anger as she saw the battle before her still taking place...her heart filled with rage and everyone who looked upon her eyes could see the white flames that had erupted in her soul. "They shall regret ever setting foot on this land!" and with that Morvana ran ahead, Ilumire raised, killing every orc who dared to step in her way.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 03:41
Erúvellas rode with Halamir up the main road with 30 men to meet the column of 200 coming from the Mirkwood. Along the way they encountered 2 small bands of orcs and easily took care of them they hid the bodies as best they could with the time they had. Erúvellas had 30 men more than any of the other battle groups because of steep and hilly terrain they had to work with and the many hiding spots available to the orcs. Crossing the Sirannon and flushing the orcs out and forcing them down the mountainside and south to the waiting forces of Eómer was critical to reclaiming the mountainous region and securing the Redhorn Pass for the elves use alone.

They met the troops from the Mirkwood and discussed the plans with them and the over all hopes of the entire operation. They reached their positions all be it later than hoped but Eómer had still not reached his position and all they could do is wait. When Erúvellas heard Erudú's warning and instruction to Keli to proceed caused he was concern that the news of the attack might somehow reach those that he would have to face, but it would on the other hand cover his operation but at what cost to the others. All he could now was wait for the call from Eómer's group but the time was growing short.

##############################################

Erudú could not believe what he saw just happen, one instant Narlen is speaking with Morvana and the next he lay dead, it had all happened it seemed to take place in an instant. He understood the rage in Morvana but this rage would blind her to all else around her and could swiftly lead her into peril. Morvana bolted and it was clear to all what was about to happen, she slew all orc or dunlending that stood before but in her anger she moved to quickly forward and she was about to become surrounded. Erudú, Súlimo, Laraya and a few of the men pushed themselves forward to reach Morvana before she too fell victim because of her rage.

Súlimo called for help because they had moved forward faster than the rest of the company and would also be cut off and surrounded if they kept up at this pace. Erudú slew two orcs that came at her from the back and stood behind her fighting off any who came at them until the others reached them. Morvana raised her sword and with one stroke cleaved into the head of a dunlending but before she could swing again Erudú with one hand grabbed her sword arm and with the other arm he reached round her and called her name. Morvana in her rage did not hear Erudú as he called her name and grabbed one of her daggers turned and slashed at Erudú's throat. Erudú managed to move his head back and to the side but the tip of her dagger caught from ear to his chin leaving a slight gash that bleed lightly in several spots. He managed to grab hold of her firmly and as he did the help arrived and arrows could be heard slicing the air either side of them and fell all that came at them.

Erudú held her firmly in his arms and spoke to her trying to help her through this and calm her. Finally she began to weep and Erudú knew that her blind rage had passed. "Had I warned him sooner this would not have happened." She sobbed. "Nothing you could have done would have prevented it Morvana, he is at rest now and there are no more battles and wars for Narlen. Fate has taken him and he is at peace and we will make sure he is buried with those of Eregion in honour and his name will be written down in our records of the fallen that his sacrifice may never be forgotten. Erudú remained with Morvana for several minutes as the battle passed them by and moved ahead. Súlimo had already seen to it that Narlen's body be moved to an area away from the battle.

Morvana looked ahead to the battle line and for one more moment just rested her head against Erudú. "We must go on…… my sword calls for more orc blood to be shed for this battle is not yet done" Morvana tells Erudú " Erudú picks up her dagger and hands it to her but does so in a manner that shields the mark on his face. They quickly move ahead and join those in the front lines. "Arrows!" someone calls out just before they fall from the sky and several of the ellyn fall. Erudú curses under his breath and tries to find where the archers have hidden themselves but with out success. A second wave of arrows comes at them but they fall short of the elves and this gives Erudú at least the direction from which they came. "Morvana we must strike somewhere in that area." He indicates. They turn and both point their swords and the two streams of coloured flame blend and in the explosion that followed two tents tear to shreds setting them alight. They find no archers though for they orcs play a game of hit and run to try to out smart the elves. "Now there." Erudú says as he points his sword and again the two flames combine and destroy a large wooden structure shattering it and setting it on fire. An ellon next to Erudú takes and arrow to his shoulder and goes down. Kale what I won't give to have your hounds now, Erudú thinks to himself as he scans the area in front of them.

"Erudú there!" Morvana calls and points as she sees several archers duck in behind another smaller wooden building some 75 paces ahead of them. They again point and shoot and the building vaporises as a huge explosion tears through the area blowing other buildings apart and blowing any tents within 100 paces away. The ground shakes as huge ball of fire rises high into the sky and debris is blown over a wide area. The force of the explosion blows everyone around them back several paces and any that had been closer are dead. Burning pieces of wood fall to the ground over a wide area setting many more fires. Slowly do the elves get to their feet and miraculously there were only light wounds mostly cuts from the flying wood and earth. Where the building had stood is nothing left but a crater. Everything about them was knocked down and the archers wasted no time mowing down as many of the orcs and dunlendings stunned by the explosion as they had arrows left to shoot.

Erudú knew exactly what had caused the explosion, as this was the second time he had been caught in a black powder explosion. This time he had faired much better than his first experience with the black powder. Erudú, Morvana and those around them now back on their feet take advantage of the now open area lit by several fires and move in pushing back or killing any that stood in their way. Erudú slows his advance to allow his right and left flank to catch up with them and hoping to see some of Keli's troops and wondering how it was for them.

####################################

Erúvellas and his men had been in position for sometime when he heard the sound of distant thunder and from a distance saw the sky lighten as fire rose high into the sky. Erúvellas knew that now no orc commander would be surprised by an attack any longer seeing and hearing what he had seen. Erúvellas spoke with Halamir briefly and it was agreed that they should wait no longer before they moved out. They began to move forward and quickly ran into resistance which was light at first but became more in trenched the deeper into the forest they went.

Unknown to Erúvellas was the fact that the telepath in Eómer's battle group had been killed in a skirmish as they moved into position. Eómer also took the explosion to mean that battle was underway in the hills below and began his push into the woods.
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 01:33
((Did this die? :yawn: I havent posted in awhile, Because I kinda lost Bess... somewhere... So if she pops out of nowhere, and lands on your charactor's toe, I am not to blame...hehe, well maybe i am...))

Bessain and Orcsbane looked just as tired and exhauted as any other soldier on the feild. In her opinion, Erudu had gone mad. They had just ended a battle, and atleast half HIS ranks were exhausted. But for some reason, every soldier seemed just as willing to fight... Bessain couldn't see why, but was thankful for it anyway.

Soon enough, (too soon in Bessain opinion) the battle started. Each stroke from her hand lacked the enthusiasm that she once had at the beginning of the battle. Her movements slowed and she fought without passion. She litered the ground with any orc or dunlending that came her way. Bessain held little faith, that they would win this battle. There archers and foot soldiers exhausted... and from the large number of dunlending that waited around the corner... she had seen their number, when scouting with Dagoron. But in one way she didn't seem to care. This was what she had been taught to do, this was what she intended to do... fight to the death.

One orc came up, and pulled her down from her seat on Ocsbane. That orc soon found Orcsbane's foot in his face. She didn't bother to mount up again, and continued on foot. Aware that she had just thrown away the advantage of her mount.

When she was on Orcsbane, her opponents had approached two-by-two. This next group came in on fours. She found herself placed between and cornered, by four orcs. Her scimitars easily batted away and harmful stroke given by her opponents, but that was all she had time to do: block. Bessain dropped low to the ground, and quickly cut her opponents feet out from under them. In four swift movements, she walked around and ended all four orcs.

After that little display, the orcs went back to coming in on-by-one... she didn't see why... but did not complain. Her fight with the next orc took a little longer. The orc weilded his sword better than his allies. Bessain, now dubbed her self a passionless fighter, and pinned the orc's sword with her own. She lifted her foot, and kicked him in the face three times, before setting it down.

((Where Bessain is exactly, I have no clue.))
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 05:03
(((Ya, I've been too busy to post too, so let us revive it, shall we?)))

Siriel battled the constant pounding against the back of her head as she fought with stealth. Most of her opponents she did not bother to finish off, but left them with a possibly fatal wound as she stumbled on. She was among the group of soldiers that by all means should not be fighting, but did so anyways. She pressed onwards as she saw another building go up in flames, green and red flashes lighting up the sky like some terrible lightning storm. "Come on, Khaz, just a ways more... we're almost there..." She said, nearing the main encampment.

Siriel called for Derra, stopping only to fight off the swarming orcs, who were mainly trying to escape the fires, panicked. "Please, Derra, come!" In frustration at an orc who would simply not die, she took off her helmet and threw it at his head, knocking him senseless. She wheeled Kahz around, and saw a building. A strange sensation tingled through her mind.

Fire!

Siriel was so shocked she practically fell, only just keeping her balance. The tingling came again, but it was fainter.

Help!

Siriel urged her horse on, who reared at the building, pawing down a charred wall. Through the black smoke, the bars of a cage could be dimly made out, with a pacing hound inside. "Derra!" Siriel shouted as she rushed to the cage. Quickly breaking the lock with her sword, she lifted the dog, and put him onto her saddle. It would've been comical in any other circumstance, as the dog laid limply across the worn leather. Now I just have to get out of here...
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 02:56
Kale growled...too many horses loose, ellyn and men not fighting as a team........ and this camp being way too big made him angry and frustrated.........

But what really made him angry was the sight of one tri-colored meara running loose........

"I send him to Imladris..... He chooses a partner and SHE lets him GO?"

As Orcsbane went to gallop past him, Kale easily swung on to his back and turned him........ and spotted Bessain fighting the orcs who had surrounded her........

He let her finish of the orc she was fighting and simply haule her up behind him.........

NEVER GIVE UP AN ADVANTAGE! Now hold on...... I know where Erudu is...... and I am heading there............ Anguron should already be there.... Although I don't know where Keli or Dhae are....... She split our smaller group into three to give us and the army an advantage of looking bigger......... this is a bloody mess though...........

Kale galloped through the camp.......... heading right for the thickest fighting........

Elrond winced as Krys literally cracked the wooden slat of the chair he was leaning against with his hands.......... SAer tried to pry his fingers off the splinters........

Krys let go.......

Krys looked up at both Saer and Elrond, a hazy veil seemed to be covering his odd colored eyes............

Elrond..... he's not here with us is he?

No...... Duath says Krys can hear every equine and the birds of prey......... I have a feeling that he's in touch with that mearas he gave Keli to ride.........

I'm taking him back to my tent......... this isn't the place for him....... and Duath just told me he doesn't think the healers tent is either.............

I agree......... I'll send for both of you if needed........

Saer turned Krys around and walked with him back to Saers own tent, not far from the command tent........... He sat Krys down in a camp chair and handed him a glass of wine......

"Drink...... and drink it all..........'

Krys sputtered at the sour taste......

"By the Valar, what is in it?"

"Not much...... its actually a fever cordial your father made...... I thought the taste might bring you around....... and get you off the battlefield for a bit........."

"But shes not on the battlefield........."

"WHAT?!"

Krys winced at Saer's deafening yell.....

"Shes following with Dhae..... the three leaders of this army...... They wear the white hand of Sauruman..... I didn't want to lose contact with Sunthorn........... but shes getting out of my range........."

Saer nodded......

"Let me tell those that need to know that................ I don't dare contact her myself............. I'd only warn her enemies....."

ERUDU,ANGURON, KALE! Keli is off the field of battle....she follows the leaders marked with the white hand!
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 04:19
(OOC I played around with this mostly for my own pleasure and had no intention of posting it so if it's a little over the top please let me know and I will remove it)

Erúvellas and his men had been in position for sometime when he heard the sound of distant thunder and from a distance saw the sky lighten as fire rose high into the sky. Erúvellas knew that now no orc commander would be surprised by an attack after seeing and hearing that. Erúvellas spoke with Halamir briefly and it was agreed that they should wait no longer before they moved out. They began to move forward and quickly ran into resistance which was light at first but became more in trenched the deeper into the forest they went.

Unknown to Erúvellas was the fact that the telepath in Eómer's battle group had been killed in a skirmish as they moved into position. Unable to communicate with Erúvellas Eómer also took the explosion to mean that battle was underway in the hills below so he began his push into the woods. The move forward was a slow and a difficult one for Erúvellas, several men were wounded in the early movements into the forest but this was only an outer guard that was well positioned and once they fell the push onward was less taxing on his company.

###################################

Eómer's scouts reported on the activities taking place in the orc camp which was mostly manned by dunlendings who had no stomach for real battle and they were poor swordsmen at their best. Eómer pushed his men on harder and worked to out flank the camp on both sides driving the dunlendings and orcs down the centre and directly to Eómer's front line. It was not difficult to know Erúvellas was not far off because of the panic that started to spread in the camp, orc commanders tried to organise their men and had little success bringing order to their camp as they were mostly dunlendings.

Once the second ring of defence was over come Erúvellas had little difficulty moving forward which was not expected. The orcs and dunlending out side the camp fled before them moving to make a stand in the camp where the best defences were located, but the orcs knew nothing of the line of Rohirrim that encircled them on three sides and sat and waited. The resistance Erúvellas encountered was stiffer as they approached the camp and it was not long before the scouts returned and told Erúvellas of the ring of Rohirrim that waited for him to close in around the top of the camp. As the circle closed on them the orcs began to fall back and walk into Eómer's men who waited for their turn to decimate the orc and dunlending ranks. Arrows now fell upon the enemy from four sides until the circle became to small to risk using archers any longer for fear of hitting their own men on the far side.

Eómer and his men were able to fight on horseback and any that ran quickly into the forest found elvish and rohan blades awaiting them. It was an absolute rout, it was not expected to be quite as swift and easy as this. Many of the orcs had moved to the main encampment because of the high number of wounded in an effort to strengthen the main orc camp leaving the dunlendings and a few of their own in the hills above. Erúvellas and Eómer met in the encampment and shook hands congratulating each other on a battle well fought. The two now discussed how best to move down the hillside to flush out any that lie between them and the main encampment below and then to join in battle with Erudú and Morvana's battle group and Keli's group. This move down the hillside and into the main encampment would bring the battle to three sides of the encampment with nearly 380 joining the fight. Erúvellas reported the success of the hillside sweep and would fall into position as planned and enter the battle from the eastern hills. Halamir and 70 of the men from the now joint command of Erúvellas and Eómer are sent to aid Sirieth who watches the south for any orc or dunlending that might try and flee south under the cover of darkness.

Elrohir and Elladan encounter roaming groups of orcs as they push south-west on the south side of the River Sirannon toward Tharbad but no other resistance comes against them and the eastern edge of the marshes and bogs of Swanfleet are free of orcs. Faramir and Theran south of Elrohir encounter a column of dunlendings about 250 strong on foot. It appears the column was meant to reinforce the areas which the two elvish battle groups had just rode through and eliminated all resistance. Being on horseback the elves easily routed the column of which none were left alive. Faramir was to continue to march to Tharbad and cover the area, once at Tharbad he would make arrangements to have a battalion stationed there permanently. Elrohir and Elladan would ride hard to join the main battle groups, but they were about twenty leagues away.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 09:16
With the ending of Morvana's rage Erudú spoke to her about leaving the field but she refused saying the battle was not finished. Erudú and Morvana made several more strikes on buildings and on groups of orcs that try to stand against them. They continue their forward march into the camp and there are few that stand to block their advance. The enemy is in disarray and attempts to organise a resistance is quickly ended by the strength of the two swords and the fire they wield.

Erudú stops and looks around him at the carnage that they have brought to this camp and the many bodies of orc and dunlending that lay about. For a moment he pities the dunlending for not learning their lesson well enough when Saruman fell and his uruk armies were defeated and that even the falling of Sauron seems to have been forgotten by them. He watches as another falls dead with an arrow in the back of his head wondering why did they continued to follow the dark leadership. He looked at the dead man and spoke quietly to himself "they have brought it unto themselves and deserve not my pity" Morvana turns and looks at him and he see her covered with blood and looks at his arms and they are covered with blood, both black and red. Never has he been so directly responsible for so much death and destruction brought about in one night.

Erudú looks across to the other side of the camp and sees Angúron fighting his way forward with success and in a short while the two groups should meet and be able to reinforce each other. At the same time he hears from Erúvellas and the victory he and Eómer have achieved in the hill above them and that they were now moving against the eastern edge of the main orc encampment as planned. Four battle groups now fought against the main orc encampment and Sirieth now had another 70 warriors to back her. Erudú was pleased to hear this news.

"My Lord there" Súlimo calls out and points. There again were the three men who bore the mark of Sauron on their armour and they were looking directly back at them. Three others joined them and it was clear to see the white hand of Saruman on their armour. Erudú watched as one of them raised his sword high and then pointed it at Erudú, Erudú did the same and knew it meant that they would meet in battle one day and their fate would be decided then. He watched the group turned and ride off to the south-east but close behind them rode two figures in pursuit and they were clearly elvish. Then came news that chilled Erudú to the bone.

ERUDU,ANGURON, KALE! Keli is off the field of battle....she follows the leaders marked with the white hand!

Erudú looked about but there were no horsemen near enough that would have seen them to send in pursuit of Keli, all he could do was something he never wanted to do. "Keliastral break off your pursuit, your life would be to great a cost to bare and we need you here. The day will come when we face them soon enough, but it is not this day." Erudú stopped short of ordering Keli to return to her men because he had too much respect for her to do that. He hoped she would understand that and return but he also kept his words from being heard by all others except Morvana. Erudú hears back that Dhae is with Keli and he is pleased that he stayed with Keli but Dhae needed to be told to return also. "Dhae break off your pursuit and return to your command. We will find those men soon enough but we are in no position to do it now. I will not see you cast your life away for this, return to your men."

A frustrated Erudú turns and curses out loud angered by what he has had to. He knows full well Keli will be angered by it but the risk was just to high that she might be killed or captured, and Erudú knew to well Tartarus's ways. He looks to Morvana and sees a distant look on her face, he calls her but there is no response from her. She drops her sword and falls to her knees clutching her head but before he can reach her she falls over. He falls to his knees and picks her up in his arms and holds her, he tries to speak to her but there is a buzzing in his ears and from time to time he clearly hears words spoken by Morvana and someone other. He then realises this is the work of Tartarus.
elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 04:57
Why did it come to this? Morvana thought as she continued her way through the open area, killing whatever foul creature stepped their way in her path. She thought back just minutes before when she saw Narlen take a sword to the side, one that Morvana could very well have prevented. Afterwards and very well unaware, her rage could have cost her her own life and she was thankful for Erudu being there to help.

But there was something strange that happened then, when Erudu held her to help calm her down. After stating that they must go on for the battle was not nearly finished, Erudu handed back her dagger but in a very strange way as if he was trying to hide something. Morvana didn't pay any attention to it at the time but now that's all she could think of.

She then decided to push it out of her mind and try to concentrate at what was happening in front of her. The orcs and dunlendings were starting to thin out, seeming that the battle was about to be won by Eregion's forces. Morvana could tell by their faces how tired and exhausted everyone was but for her she was not until her work was completed. She killed the last two orcs that remained in front of her with ease and watched as they hit the ground, motionless.

Morvana looked around and saw a field of bodies, dead bodies, and seeing that Ilumire's work was done, began wiping off the orc blood. "It's over," she quietly said to herself and began to sheath Ilumire when her head started to throb with pain. She dropped her sword and her hands immediately clutched her head, soon falling to her knees. "Do you really think this wise, ellyn, believing that this battle is over? It has only just begun!" came a voice inside Morvana's head.

"And we will defeat you again and again until you have fallen and perished. Apparently, you still have yet to learn who the real rulers of Eregion are and we do not forfeit what's rightfully ours!" replied Morvana, not knowing she had spoke both mentally and verbally, attention being drawn to her. "You have no power here, Tartarus, and will cause no more pain and suffering to our people! Leave now and be gone with you!"

"I'm afraid that is not possible...besides I have only just arrived! I will take what is mine and see to it that no one gets in my way! You are unable to stop me, Morvana!" Every word spoken by Tartarus caused Morvana pain as she kneeled on the ground, now covering her ears finding that not helping any. "You learned the hard way what I am capable of tonight...maybe seeing it again will help you to step down and surrender to me!" Tartarus exclaimed.

In a flash of light, Morvana started to witness the dream she had, when struck down with poison, of Laraya dead on a bed in the healer's tent. It started out with the unknown person, who was veiled by the darkness, leading her towards the healer's tent. Morvana still couldn't place a name on him, his voice sounding more and more familiar to her. Next she saw Duath, Galadriel, Celeborn, and Erudu surrounding a bed, blocking the view of Morvana to see who it was lying on the bed. Since Morvana had already seen this dream, she knew what was to come and prepared herself saying that it wasn't true, Laraya never died and was still by her side.

Several minutes flew by and Galadriel and Celeborn parted ways but this time, it wasn't Laraya's face Morvana saw...it was Narlen's. His body was covered from head to foot in his blood, his hair tangled with it and his face Morvana knew so well, lifeless. She tried to pull herself away from this horrible nightmare and saying to herself that it wasn't real...Tartarus is playing games with me...but it was real...this was reality as she had known it. Sorrow filled her heart and her anger rose, looking around to find the person who caused this to happen and saw the person who was veiled by the darkness. It hit her right then exactly who that person was...Tartarus. "I will have my revenge on you yet I assure you! It won't only be Erudu who will have the joy in slaying you! And tell me, where are you hiding out these days like a coward? Tell me! Where are you hiding?!"

Morvana's dream had vanished from sight but she was no longer on the battlefield. Instead, she found herself on top of a tall, grass-covered hill, overlooking the area around it. Her head had ceased its throbbing, Morvana trying to figure out where she was. Something kept telling her, though, that she was still in Eregion but she couldn't make for sure that she was. She stood up onto her feet but before she could take a step forward, her eyes were traveling ahead with much speed, passing familiar markings on the way. She couldn't stop this process as it took place and eagerly awaited what was trying to be shown to her.

A few seconds later, her eyes came upon a towering, snowy mountain peak-- Mount Caradhras. When Morvana had seen this, her head began to throb again but the pain was much worse. She heard Tartarus begin to speak and every word pounded her ears like drums announcing battle. It started to be too much for Morvana and she pulled herself away from the scene of Mount Caradhras, only to find herself tripping over the side of the hill, tumbling downward. The ground skinned her arms as she descended, she attempting to stop but found it to be unsuccessful. The ground below was getting closer now, Morvana putting her hands over her head to protect it as she made ready for impact. It happened all too quickly as she landed with a thud on the ground, unconscious.

Several minutes went by, Morvana slowly opening her eyes to find Erudu, Laraya, Sulimo, and many others surrounding her. Great! Now you've really drawn attention to yourself, Morvana! she thought to herself as she began to sit up. Her head had once again ceased its pounding, but a headache developed in its place instead. "Morvana, are you alright?" Erudu asked her softly, concerned at her well fare. "I am fine, Erudu. Just a little headache but nothing serious. Believe me, I am alright," replied Morvana as she looked at Erudu's worried expression. She was indeed telling the truth, except for the gash she received earlier on her right arm but Erudu did not need to know about that at the present time so she tried her best to shield it from his sight. "But I do have to ask, from what you saw, what happened to me?"

"I'm not quite sure, I was going to ask you the same question. I looked over in your direction after killing off a few orcs and noticed you were doing the same as well. You were clearing off the blood off of Ilumire and the next thing I knew, you held your head in your hands and yelled out to somebody. I couldn't really hear all of what you spoke but from what I did hear, you were speaking with Tartarus. After that, I saw you hit the ground and you became unconscious for about 10-15 minutes. What happened Morvana?"

"Please help me to my feet, Erudu, and we shall speak in privacy," Morvana said as she did not want everybody to know of her findings at that moment. Erudu nodded his head and carefully helped Morvana to rise. They made their way, then, to an area where no one could overhear their conversation. "My dear, could you hear any of what was spoken to me...anything at all besides my response to Tartarus?"

Erudu stayed silent for a short time, trying to collect his thoughts when Morvana said, "Erudu, I need to know if you heard or even saw anything while I was unconscious. I think I may know where Tartarus is hiding but I'm not for sure. I saw a vision on top of a grassy hill maybe somewhere here in Eregion. My eyes flew ahead of me and they rested upon Mount Caradhras. Once I saw that majestic mountain, pain struck me and I heard Tartarus's voice again in my head. I think that may be where he is hiding..."

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by elvenwood008]
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 09:10
Bessain could have sworn, that she was about to hit Kale. She was tired of being pulled in a direction that she herself did not wish to go. Being reprimanded about Orcsbane was not helping either.

“Never give up an advantage, he says,” Bessain mumbles to herself, her voice full of mockery. “I should have left Eregion when I had the chance! Now I’m tired, sweaty, bloody, and STILL stuck in the middle of this STUPID battle!” she growled, inaudibly to anyone else.

She wanted to complain to Kale about this, but knew better than that. She never talked to Elrond like that, and Kale was worse than Elrond. So she decided to keep it to herself, as usual.

Although I don't know where Keli or Dhae are....... She split our smaller group into three to give us and the army an advantage of looking bigger......... this is a bloody mess though...........

“Dhae?” Bessain had to think for a moment. “Who the heck is D…….Ahhhh, that’s dear Lysander’s new name, isn’t it………God, I hate it!”

Kale was not the best person to converse with, especially if the two of you were angry and in the middle of battle. Kale might have been talking to Bessain, but she wouldn’t notice. She had tuned him out, for awhile now. It took her awhile to realize that Kale had said that he did not know where Keli was. This worried Bessain for a moment, but a moment only. She had to concentrate on loosing arrows, to make life easier on Orcsbane, while attempting to stay on the horse. It would have been easier, if she was in the saddle, but she was not. So, she would just have to improvise.

((ugh bed time! What part of SUMMER don’t my parents get!))
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 06:41
Erudú had also seen the vision of Mount Caradhras but only for an instant and did not connect to Tartarus or a possible location of his hide. It made sense to him though for there were many places that one could hide them selves and caves did abound in the Misty Mountains. He thought back to the times he was in the Tartarus's lair and what he saw but was it possible for him to be so close to them. Tartarus did not need an army to watch over him if he was so well hidden, so it was possible that there was a connection to Mount Caradhras or the area about it.

Morvana's voice broke into his thoughts "Erudú what did you hear or see?" Morvana asked again. "I to saw Caradhras and now that I think of it you may be right. One man and a few warriors could easily hide themselves, and stores could have been moved there with out being noticed before the elvish peoples reclaimed Eregion. Tartarus is sly but our strength has grown and continues to do so, he may not realise that and does not know of our strength. We must talk with Gandalf and your mother of this." Erudú has far away look in his eyes as he dwells on what Morvana had seen but the noise of battle draws him back. "Morvana we know Tartarus is nothing but a liar and tries to sew nothing but doubt within us, he is hard pushed now and again tries to divert us but it will not change our course and we will over come him."

Erudú looks at his hand with which had held Morvana and sees it covered with blood. Shocked he looks at her arm and finds the wound she has been hiding from him. "You've been wounded!" Erudú says being shocked at the sight of her arm. "Laraya!" Erudú calls. "Battle is finished for you and Morvana." Erudú picks up Ilumire and returns it to it's sheath and leaves the battlefield escorting Morvana to the healers who have now set-up tents to treat the wounded. "We'll talk about what you have heard and seen but it must wait until your arm is treated and this nights work done." Erudú kisses Morvana and she reaches up and touches the side of his face but he pulls away at her touch. She looks at him bewildered by this reaction and looks at the side of his and sees the wound but she doesn't know it was her blade that caused it. "Your hurt!" She exclaims. "It's nothing more than a scratch, I must have been hit by debris from the explosion, really it's nothing." Celon comes and looks at Morvana's wound and begins to remove amour from Morvana's arm to open the area around the wound. "I must go back my dear." Erudú tells her. He leans down and takes her hand, "I'm truly sorry for Narlen, I had him moved here and he will be buried along side of our dead in honour." Before Morvana can say anything Erudú and Súlimo take their leave and return to the battle field.

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by Barahir1]
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 01:55
Keli growled as she pulled Sunthorn up to a halt....... the three figures galloping off into the darkness........

My loss might have been hard...... BUT they needed to be stopped! Erudu, we could have caught them! Or killed them....... Weakened him............ Dhae and I are returning...........

"Erudu called you as well........"

"Yes. But who told him? I'm going to skin that person alive! We just let three intelligent leaders get loose! They know our numbers, they know how weak we are! They KNOW we don't have the orc-hounds.......ARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!1 To lose an advantage to criple the enemy!"

"But you getting killed isn't an option either........... Keli, Krys is probably with Saer and Elrond......... If Sunthorn got out of his range....... he might have told them that......... One of them would have told Erudu...... Not you because of the danger to you..........."

Keli whirled Sunthorn around and cantered back towards the fight.........

"I know that...... but we had them.......... Or we could have......."

"And we could have been doing exactly what they wanted....... We don't have people to waste.... Officers or otherwise......... Oh bother....... Kales got Orcsbane and Bessain! Look!"

Dhae pointed across the battlefield.......... the meara was obviously carrying two........ and the stance of Kale's body showed the anger............

You know she hates your new name......

I'll always be Lys to her....... but I like Dhae........ it fits......

Yes it does fit..... Come on...lets go help mop up.....

The two galloped into the remaining orcs...... headed for their commanders.........
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 09:38

Erudú had heard the anger in Keli's reply as she stopped and returned to camp. He remembered well the feelings of being unable to do something when your heart was committed to it and it was all that mattered at the moment. Memories flashed across his mind's eye, painful memories, for an instant he saw his family as they died and then Morvana dead in is arms at the hand of Tartarus. He came to a stop and closed his eyes for a moment trying to push them away. "My Lord are you alright" Súlimo asks him "Should I call for a healer?" "No…..no Súlimo,…….. thank you."

He continues on until he again stands on the rise from which he saw the three with Saruman's mark join the three with Sauron's mark, and where he accepted the challenge made by one of Tartarus's generals. He looks across the orc camp and now the eastern half of the camp was in flames, no doubt caused by Erúvellas and Eómer as they entered this battle. His battle group and Keli's had linked and now they went through the camp seeking any that hid in dark corners hoping still take the life of an elf before they loose theirs, and to drive the rest of the orcs to the east into the blades of Erúvellas and Eómer. Keli move yourself away from this battle that we may speak. Erudu stands and watches the scene below until he hears back from Keli. We can speak Erudú. Erudú feels the bitterness in her voice. Keli what I have to tell you is for you and you alone. I know Krys can sense you and hear your words but this is not for him to hear.

I stood on this rise and watched as the three with Saruman's mark joined three that carried the mark of Sauron. This you could not have seen from where you were. Others joined these six riders but before they left I accepted the challenge of one who wore the mark of Sauron's and one day we will meet. They rode into the night knowing they had little of their grand army left.

Your desire to kill or capture one or two was valiant but there were no longer just three of them. I was not prepared to find you dead on the battlefield and for what, one general and a couple of their guards if good fortune were with you. I'm sorry but the cost would to great for me to bear. I have no desire to carry you off the field as I carried Candór. I have no desire to honour you in death but rather in life. I will not watch you ride to certain death, my loss would be as great as if it were Morvana that I had lost. Morvana and I have been told our fate but for you, I think there will be much more joy than for us in this world and I will not see you it cast that to the wind.

As for Tartarus and his generals they will be found. He is not far from here, he hides in the hills and caves of Caradhras and soon I think we will know where to look for him. Please tell no one of this. Forgive me if I humiliated you. We can talk further once we have returned to our city..……Thank you Keliastral.

Erudú breaks off the conversation with Keli and finds he was tired by it. He looks at the men around him and they all look tired and haggard. Two large battles in the same day has exhausted the men but the plan worked, and now they will have the time to heal and sleep. Erudú looks around and chooses one of the men who looks worse than the others and calls him over. "I have something for you to do and it is most urgent. You will need to return to our city and once this deed is done return to your family. Erudú connects to the mind of the ellon and instructs him to see the camp cook and make certain arrangements. The warrior is off in a flash to deliver the message and see his family. Erudú watches as the orc camp is routed, bodies of orc and dunlendings litter the ground no matter where you look, the elves have taken many injuries but the body count till now is low considering the scale of the operation and being so heavily out numbered.

"This battle has ended for us Súlimo." Erudú comments. Let us go and see how your mistress is doing with that arm." He says to Súlimo as he turns away from the field and toward the Healers tent.

[Edited on 11/7/2004 by Barahir1]
elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 10:10
Morvana had once again found her way back to the healer's tent, Duath tending to her right arm. "Alas, my dear friend, you don't have to do this. Like I have said before when I was brought in, it is just a scratch." "That's what they all say, Lady Morvana, and trust me when I say this--you will not get out of here with that excuse! There," Duath said as he finished placing the bandages on her arm. Morvana winced as he did so and tried not to jolt her arm back. "Like I said, just a scratch!" Morvana said with a smile as she rose from the bed. Duath returned the smile and helped her get back on her feet.

"Le hannon, hir nin, for all that you have done for us here in Eregion. We wouldn't be where we are today if it weren't for the healing skills you possess!" "Hannad, hiril nin, but I do not take all of the credit. Now off you go! I must see to other patients now and I must work in peace! I will call you if need be and before you leave, there is someone who would like to see you in the next tent." "May I ask who it is that requests my presence?" "You shall see for yourself but be cautious, resting a wound that person is!" "Thanks again, Duath!" and with that Morvana made her way over to the next tent.

Upon arriving, Morvana stood at the entrance and called out saying, "Vedui'! May I have the honor in knowing who summoned me?" There came no reply from within the tent so Morvana gingerly lifted back the tent flap and peered inside, seeing a body laid out on a bed, sleeping. Questioning still whom the body belonged to, Morvana stepped inside. She was unable to see the person's face so Morvana quietly walked around to the other side of the bed.

Hair had covered this person's face, making its identity still hard to guess. Cautiously, Morvana proceeded to the edge of the bed and extended a hand and gently pushed back the hair. "Oh my dear...it cannot be possible!" Morvana gasped as she backed away from the bed, tripping over a chair as she did so. This wouldn't have caused such a commotion if it weren't for the chest and medical supplies that she landed on behind the chair.

"In all the years I have known you, I have never before seen the Lady Morvana, Princess of Lothlorien and Daughter to the Lord and Lady of the GoldenWood to be ungraceful," said the person from the bed, now sitting in an upright position. Morvana scrambled to remove the bandages and herbs that had fallen on her, saying to herself over and over what a clumsy fool she was. Laughter was heard from the bed and as Morvana looked to its direction, she saw a man approaching her. Instinctively, Morvana pulled out her dagger and pointed it up to the man coming towards her.

"Don't you dare take another step towards me! You stay away, far away from me! This is a dirty trick and I will not fall for it!" exclaimed Morvana, backing up a little ways on the floor with her free hand. "Can you not see, Morvana? Have you become blind in not even being able to recognize a friend's face? Your eyes have not deceived you, Morvana, for it is I, Narlen! I know this might have come to you as a shock..."

"A shock? No, this is no mere shock, it is disbelief. I saw you...in battle...taking a sword to the side...lying on the ground covered in a pool of blood. Your eyes began to close, your breathing ceased, you had died before my very eyes! If only I had been quicker, if only I told him faster, warned him faster, he would still be here if it weren't for me!" Morvana said as she relived Narlen's death, bringing down her dagger to rest beside her.

"Morvana, my dear friend, I am still here! I'm still alive! Can you not see?" questioned Narlen. "I do see but how do I know that it is really you? How do I know that I am not dreaming?" A single tear left Morvana's eye and slid half way down her cheek. Narlen came over and kneeled down on the floor before Morvana, brushing away the tear. "I don't know Morvana, but I do know that this is not a dream. You are going to have to trust me and believe in yourself and tell yourself that this isn't a dream. Listen to your heart, Morvana, and it will guide you down the right path to the truth. What is it saying to you?" asked Narlen, hoping and anxiously awaiting to see if Morvana would understand it was really him sitting next to her.

Morvana did not reply but yet looked at the ground, not sure what to believe anymore. "Morvana," started Narlen again, "I know that you are scared, terrified, and full of confusion and I was too! When I was lying on that battlefield, lying in my own blood and looking up at you, I knew my time had come. The sounds of battle started to fade, my eyes to darken, and my breathing growing short. I knew in my mind I was going to die until I felt the faint lifting of my body and the voice of a maiden nearby me. I cannot remember what all she had said to me but I caught her name: Celon, I believe she said and I knew then that I was okay, help was there. I fell unconscious for I remember nothing after that but when I did wake up, Duath was standing over me, applying medicine to my wound. That was when he told me what had happened and at first I believed it to be untrue for I had remembered that I was dying. It took me awhile for me to get a grasp on things again and I am lucky to be here! Yes, my breathing had stopped but only for a short time from the shock of my wound and if it wasn't for Celon, well, I try not to think of that anymore."

Morvana, still bewildered by everything that was spoken, continued her gaze upon the ground, trying to avoid Narlen's gaze. Narlen noticed this and with his hand, lifted up Morvana's chin. "Please look at me, Morvana. Please tell me that you believe now, you are not dreaming." Morvana saw into Narlen's eyes but still couldn't find it in her heart that this was real...her mind was playing tricks with her.

"I...I don't...I can't..." stuttered Morvana. "Alright, I understand how you must feel but let me tell you something that only I would know, only Narlen would know and no one else. After I left Lothlorien, I traveled across the lands of Middle-Earth, exploring new territory and trying to find where I belong; that is when I became a ranger like my fathers before me. On one of my travels, you came along with me...wanting to at least see past your homeland. I warned you of the danger that may come upon us, since orcs still strayed across the lands but you did not care...you were and still possess the skills of the blade and the arrow and knew how to take care of yourself.

"Several weeks past and we came upon our first battle, not your first battle of course but for us, this was the first time I had fought beside you. We killed every orc that stood in our way until they all had perished, burning their corpses afterwards. We gathered our things but before heading out, I noticed you received quite a gash on your leg for you were limping and blood had stained your clothes. I tried to help you out but you insisted on leaving it alone and that it was only a scratch. I finally got through to you and bandaged your leg up.

"I knew why you did that that day...you do not like showing that you are weak...weakness is a trait that is not in your blood and never will be. I told this to you and something else that day, after we started on our way again: you have the spirit of freedom, the eyes of knowledge, the mind of a skilled warrior, and the heart of a..." "Loving and caring soul," Morvana interrupted, finishing off Narlen's sentence. They both went silent for a short time until Morvana said, "I never forgot what you said to me that day and as the years went by, I understood what you meant then. Thank you for that and I can truly believe now and put my heart's pain to ease that you are here with me. Thank you, for opening my eyes." Morvana embraced Narlen and several tears slid down her face, thanking Eru for saving her friend.

"I am glad to be here with you and may I ever be of service to you and Lord Erudu. But please do me a favor and don't worry about me or of my actions...I will be alright." "Hannon le, Narlen, and I will do as you wish. I am sorry but I must take my leave and look over maps to try and find our enemy. I will check on you later but now you need some rest," Morvana stated as she once again rose back to her feet with the help of Narlen.

She left his tent and made way over to a tent set up as the command tent, maps filling every space on the center table. Morvana began fumbling over these maps, looking at landmarks and the images of Mount Caradhras she had seen in her vision. A short time later, she heard her name being called and went outside to see who was calling her, meeting face to face with Maethoron.
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 05:05
Keli galloped Sunthorne hard through the camp.......... She saw the healers tent....... and the new command center as well......... Dhae galloped hard behind her..........

She slid of the gold stallions back and touched Erudu on his shoulder as he waited to be treated..............

"I am sorry...... I had NOT seen them and we would have ridden into a trap........ I was frustrated because I saw what I was meant to see!"

"Keliastral take this!"

Keli caught the bandage deftly...... and pointed to Erudus wound...........

"I think Duath means for me to treat that............ And I want to ask if I can head back to the main command tent..... back in the city.......... I can easily take the information back with me...... and Anguron and Dhae can lead........"

Erudu........ hannon le for being a true friend........ I wanted to end it and was acting rashly........... I am sorry if I hurt you.......... I also am feeling a very deep need to be back in Eregion.......... I don't know why.... but I am needed there...
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 05:49
Back in the Healers tent…

Maethoron lay down in his cot, FAR from content. He cursed anyone who touched him, and attempted to pry information out of anyone who passed him. The medicine was obviously going to his head. Unless he needed something, which he didn’t, most of the healers in the tent learned to avoid him. He soon learned to keep his mouth shut… opening didn’t do anyone any good.

The battle seemed to have slowed a little, making it easier to bring the next wave of wounded in. Maethoron took his chance, and slowly fled through the tent flap. It pained him to move faster than a slow walk, so it took him a while to reach his destination. Not that he knew where he was going exactly… he hadn’t worked on the yet… he just knew that he wanted out of that tent.

He saw Morvana walk into the command tent. If anyone knew the information he sought, it should be her. “Lady Sorontur!” he called from outside the tent, casting a wary glance over his shoulder. Maethoron was not sure if he was permitted to enter just yet… or at all. He hadn’t expected an answer at all… he thought he was going to be ignored, like he had been for the last hour or so.

Maethoron hadn’t noticed how close he was standing to the tent flap. Morvana nearly scared the living daylights out of him, when she appeared. He stumbled backwards a few steps, hurting himself, yet putting the much needed space between the two. “I apologize for anything I may have interrupted,” he said, adjusting the sling around his right arm, so he could bow as low as possible (which wasn’t very low in this case). “I was wondering if you, by chance, heard or saw anything on my Lord and sister (Kale & Bess, duh)?” he asked as politely as possible. Morvana simply replied that she had not seen either of them and asked why he did not remain in the healers tent.

He apologized…AGAIN… for not staying where he was supposed to (thought we all know he didn’t mean it), and reluctantly headed back.

“I have been staring at the same bloody spot, on the same bloody ceiling, in the same bloody tent for the last couple of hours, and they expect me to stay there!!!” he growled as he walked away. He knew better than to discuss this with anyone else.

Back to the battle field... sort of...

Bessain slid off of Orcsbane, as they returned, happy to be given rest... at last. She gave a nod to Keli and Dhae (alright, I admit to using the name), and set off in search of a nice quiet spot. There was no spot on the ground, where she would not be trampled by scurrying soldiers, so she scrambled into the boughs of a nearby pine. It felt nice to just sit there, for a second.

She wondered if she should go to Maethoron, but doubted that she'd be able to make it in and out of the tent alive. Bessain was covered head to toe, in black and red blood... it was almost impossible to tell if it was hers or not. Normally should would have gone to clean herslef up... but she was too lazy to walk ALL the way over to the stream.

Out of all the people running around, one figure caught her eyes. He was hunched over, as if wounded, yet her wore a sling over his right arm. The thought did not hit her, that it might in fact be her brother, so she ignored it. Not more than than ten minutes after the figure left her sight, Celon called her down, and told her that Maethoron was in fact gone.

"H-He's gone? You don't mean gone...gone, do you?"

"No," Celon had assured her. "He's just... missing sort of..."

"HE WHAT?!!?"Bessain had slid down the tree trunk in a second, and stormed off to find her troublesome elder sibling.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 09:08
Erudú smiled at the thought of Keli treating the dagger wound in his foot. But what meant most to him was that she understood. There was no malice in her because of what he had done. Of course you may return to our city that is without question. Angúron and Dhae will take will the lead, I will see to it. All I ask is that you take an escort until you have crossed the river and are behind the walls. Erudú reaches and takes the bandage from her, Go, he waits, as does Saer, you must heed that voice within you which calls you back."Thank you for your friendship Keli" Keli nods and leaves the tent. In short order she has five ellyn ready to escort her, she mounts Sunthorne and they ride off.

Erudú simply wraps the dressing around his foot a couple of times and leaves Duath to tend to the many that have real need of him. The eastern sky begins to lighten as he leaves the healers tent and looks around to see if Morvana is near by. Not seeing her he walks to the command tent and finds her looking through the maps. "My love Tartarus will not be leaving his lair to soon we have time to do this once we have returned to Ost-in-Edhil." He tells her. "I must find where he hides that is the only way I can stop him and the poison he spreads." Erudú takes her a step away from the table and looks at her eyes and hears her thoughts. "Narlen lives" he says in astonishment. It can not be, I knelt beside him and felt no breath. Celon was there, and I had her take him away, …..no it can not be." He says in disbelief. "He lives my dear, Celon saw something and took him to Duath, I have seen him and spoken to him only a short time ago and I was also in disbelief but he lives and will recover his strength." Morvana face lights up as she tells Erudú the news. He hugs her and holds tight. "I'm so happy for you Morvana, Narlen lives and we have victory in a battle in which only a fools hope saw victory. Tartarus did not see that Narlen lived and he did not foresee his utter defeat therefore he talks as one who is blind and a fool. We have seen the where about of his lair and I'll wager that he does not know that either, we must keep that knowledge amongst a very few for now."

"I'm sorry Morvana but I have to draw you away from your maps for something important" "What is it?" Morvana asks becoming quite serious. Erudú says nothing but takes her by the hand and takes outside to the east-side of the tent. He removes his armour and takes off the jacket that was beneath it, he then lays it out and beckons Morvana to sit. She looks at him with a puzzled look as he then sits closely beside her on the grass and puts his arm around her and draws her close to him. "What is this important thing we needed to do?" she asks him softly. "To watch the sunrise my dear." He whispers in her ear softly then he kisses her gently on her cheek. She then rests her head on his shoulder.

[Edited on 12/7/2004 by Barahir1]
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 02:47
((Alright, Alright, I'll post! But only because the weird silence is driving me mad))

Bessain stormed through the camp ground, expecting to kill her brother herself, at any moment. It didn't take her very long to find him, sitting underneath a tree.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT OF THE HEALER'S TENT?!" Bessain roared, sprinted toward him, ready to drag him back.

At first, Maethoron was happy to see Bessain, but now that he saw how angry she was, he wasn't so sure. He knew why she was angry. "Leave me alone," he said quietly.

"LEAVE YOU ALONE?! I WOULD IF-"

"-If I had stayed in the healers tent." he finished for her dully.

Bessain thought twice about yelling, it wasnt taking an effect... at least not the way she wanted it too. She sat down a few feet away from him, knowing she reaked of orc stench. "What the matter?"

"WHATS THE MATTER?! I'M TIRED OF THAT STUPID COT! I'M TIRED OF BEING PUSHED, PINCHED, AND POKED EVERY THREE MINUTES! AND I'M ESPECIALLY TIRED OF BEING USELESS!"

Bessain wondered at his slight change in tone. "Useless?" she asked.

"YES! USELESS! I was sent here to help, not to sit in a healing tent!"

"Yes, Maethoron, you were sent here to help... and that you did. But, you were also sent into the healer's tent to heal... and that, you have yet to do,"she said, trying to comfort him, without getting him all bloody.

"It's not like you stay in there long enough to know!"

"Ah, I am not the one with a hole in my shoulder. Elrond wanted me as a healer, I know when I can leave. Besides the injuries I've had so far were just scratches."

"Can't I at least stay in my own tent?! And where the heck is my wolf!!"

"Calm down, I believe Dagnir is somewhere with Warfrost... where ever those mutts are... Duath cant tend to you and other people, if you're in separate tents... Maethoron, If you dont go back in there, your shoulder's not going to heal right," she said, a hint of concern lingering in her voice.

"Who cares..."

"YOU WILL! WHEN YOUR CRIPPLED IN A MONTH OR SO!!" Bessain still needed to work on her lack of patience.

Maethoron was quiet.

"Come on. Lets get you back." she said holding out her hand.

Maethoron allowed himself to be pulled to his feet, and led back to the healers tent. Once they got there, there where so many people running around, that they couldnt get back in.

Bessain became impatient, and started barking out orders. "EVERYONE! STAND ASIDE!" The busy tent suddenly became very quiet, and every eye was turned on Maethoron and Bessain. Two healers noticed Maethoron and quickly assisted him back into a cot. Bessain just called out "Keep an eye on him!" and left with a wave of her hand.

[Edited on 14/7/2004 by Ohtariel]
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 07:54
((guess who… yes, I know it’s true that you all thought I was gone for good but… hey! Who cares now, I’m back and that’s that! For those of you in dissap, I plan on posting there next.))

Dagoron had just pulled his blood stained axe out of an mutilated carcass of an orc that he had been chopping at for a little while. Looking around he now notices that there is not one person there, except some battle weary solders walking slowly back to camp. “where is every one?” he said to himself as he broke into a steady, yet slow jog back to camp. Its true, he was just as tired as the next person beside him but he needed to check on his friends. Following the familiar path he had taken out to the battle field his eyes shifted from side to side, finding himself becoming worried that he would not find someone he knew alive, or even find them at all he pressed on.

Soon after running Dagoron started to see tents and knew that he was getting closer to the medical tent, it was the first place he would check for some one. Because if there weren’t there then they were either dead, or not injured. He had received a pretty big wound across the left shoulder blade down to the middle of his back but it wasn’t big, he would have it checked out after me made sure no one important to him was badly injured.

Dagoron was so concentrated on finding his friends that he didn’t even notice he was about to bulldoze into Bessain until it was too late. “Bessain! Finally a friendly face!” Dagoron stood up and helped the confused elf up. “Are ye injured? Is any one I know injured, or dead?” he said as he tried to wipe the black blood from his face that only smeared, he didn’t really have any clean things on him, it was all sprayed with black blood.
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 11:18
((Dang u dag! Now I have to post...AGAIN!))

"Hello Dagoron..." Bessain gasped in a murderous tone, still clutching her stomach. The little dwarf had knocked the wind out of her. "I wasn't injured, before this!" she said, straightening up. "Ok, lets see... I dont know where Morvana or Erudu went.... Keli went, somewhere... Ly- I mean, Dhae went, somewhere... Do you expect me to know where everyone is? I didn't even know you were still alive until a few seconds ago! Maethoron is still in the healers tent... or so I would hope... I havent seen Siriel yet... Celon's in the healers tent, but not as a patient... You're here, I'm here...I havent seen those friends of Duath's, that arrived not long ago..." she couldn't think anymore.

"Ugh," she thought to herself. "I hate smelling like an orc." Both dwarf and elf, were completely colored black.

Dagoron and Bessain walked over to the stream, to get something to drink. Bessain got an idea on the way there. "Dag? Can I see your axe and hatchat?"she asked. The dwarf, being as tired as he was, thought nothing of it and handed over his weapons. Bessain set them down, and pushed her friend into the stream. A big black cloud, showed up, in the same spot Dagoron was.

Bessain couldn't help but howl with laughter, as the dwarf came up, sputtering water and cursing her name. She sat down on the bank and un-laced the side of her boots. Just barely dipping her feet in the water, and washing the blood from her face. Cool water... felt nice after a hard battle. Although the water was waste deep, the dwarf wasn't trying to come toward the bank. The water level came up to his neck. The dwarf was indeed moving, but still he stayed in one spot. Bessain couldn't understand why, until she studied the water, and noticed the slight undertone.

"Having a hard time?"

((sry it so short... my head hurts))
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 12:02
“Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!” He slurred out, still containing some water in his mouth, but made sure it was loud enough for Bessain to clearly hear. He decided to stop struggling against the current and let it carry him and he slowly swam to the bank and climbed out. At this point he shook himself off and charged Bessain with all the strength he had left in him and launched himself, along with Bessain fully under the water. Dagoron, still in full battle garb, had a tough time getting up off the river bed and his head above water again but he did do it in time. Taking off his armor piece by piece and giving them all a thorough scrub down he placed the now clean and shining armor on the bank of the river. ((he still has clothes on mind you…))

Dagoron tried to swim around a little bit but found himself more like bobbing up and down rather then swimming around. “Okay I’m getting me self out.” He said as he bobbed over to the bank and climbed out. Walking over to his weapons he grabbed them and gave them a quick rub down in the water. Picking up all his now clean things he shot Bessain an evil glare and walked over to his rather small tent and crawled inside, he needed a good rest, then later on this night he will break out the ale, why not? They just had a brilliant victory!

Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul! = I spit upon your grave!

[Edited on 15/7/2004 by naucoaran_2]
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 07:19
((I have a feeling that I’m going to do something stupid, because I’ve gotten into the habit of killing threads. Believe me; I’ve killed quite a few this past week. I was asked to post-again- but I don’t want to…so don’t shoot me if I kill it))

“I guess I had that coming…” Bessain grumbled, as the dwarf left. She slowly waded back to the shallows, and sat back down on the bank. “Uh-oh,” she thought, unlocking her blades from there sheaths. All her weapons were drenched.

“Stupid dwarf.” She unsheathed ALL of her weapons, and threw them behind her. The empty sheaths fell loosely at her sides, where she soon removed them. Bessain tilted them upside down, attempting to shake the water out. This was the problem with metal lined sheaths… it was almost impossible to get any water out. Making sure that her blades lay hidden in the grass below the boughs of a tree, Bessain falls asleep at the base of its huge trunk; her wet weapon scabbards hanging upside down in the branches.

Sleep seemed somewhat pointless, since it was only an hour or two away from sunrise. But this she-elf was exhausted.

******five hours later…******

Bessain awoke with the sun, blaring into her eyes. She stretched and stood, her clothes her dry as well as her weapons. Strapping them on, she gets up for breakfast… unfortunately, it was not prepared, since everyone needed a break. Bessain, being used to having to wake up and prepare her own meals, grabbed her bow and quiver. She took to the woods, for a little venison.

((short, pointless, sorry….))

naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 08:16
Dagoron woke rather early the next mourning, to him, around 12:00 was the waking time to his liking. Shaking his head as he walked out of the tent he saw Bessain just before she entered the surrounding trees. Running back inside, stumbling, and falling flat on his face he quickly straps on his quiver and bow and ran as quickly as he could to catch her.

“Oi, Bess, I’m comin too.” The gruff voice of the still rather groggy dwarf said as he got to Bessains side. Almost out of breath from running so early he looks up at her and hopes that she isn’t still mad about the tackling and the getting all her stuff wet. “So uh, Bess… ye havin some of me ale ter night?” he said with a wicked smile. He shifted a little more out of reach from her swipe and continued “who knows, maybe you n’ Erudu will…” his grin grew into a giant smile and his eyes looked almost demented. Bessain slowly looked at him, a fire burning in her eyes, full of hatred and bloodlust.

Dagoron had just about brought about him the next apocalypse. “o, Bess I didn’t mean it!” he said desperately backing up away from the slowly coming wrath of Bess fueled with the hatred of the ale she had downed. “w-word gets o-out Bess, its only a matter of time fer someone knew! Jus lemme be Bess, I swear I aint told no one yet… I aint telling no one ever!”

Except Morvana… he thought

Now isn’t the time for jokes you fool! He argued back with himself

Dagoron was now backed into a tree and had no where to escape, so he just closed his eyes and waited for the end…

[Edited on 16/7/2004 by naucoaran_2]
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 11:05
Keli pulled five of the least needed/ most wounded elves that could still ride to go back with her...... No need to weaken any more their forces......

Erudu knows me too well............ and she looked back to where he had been.... I hope he's getting some rest....

They were across the river and into the city before she realized it.......... and almost ran smack over Mithrandir.....

"I'll take the messengers packet to Elrond... Saer took Krys to his tent.... and at this point they are both resting, lightly... I just came from there...."

"I worried them didn't I?"

"Well Elrond had two camp chairs to fix and you might have to dig splinters out of krys' hands from breaking the chair slats by squeezing them............"

Go gently with Duath's son...... you are used to being an elf and all of its abilities and limitations.... Krys is NOT! he's tired trying to keep up with you.... and Sunthorn..... He could hear him growing fainter as you rode off the battlefield.... Saer called Erudu, he was afraid to draw attention to you....

I have apologies to make then....

Not an apology, you have to teach him to use his gifts wisely without strain..... with out tiring himself out.... And you should learn to link with him, you are your fathers duaghter and yoou could easily take or enhance his abiltiies with your own...............

That will take time we don't have.... but I'll try..........

Thats all I ask..............

Keli rode off, the other five riders had gone to the picket lines already..... And dismounted next to Saers tent.......

"About time you came back Iell nin (My daughter)... he's asleep.."

Saer limped out of the tent.......... and sat down........

"Well I know it suceeded..........but how much more do we face........"

Keli started speaking....waiting for Elrond to make his way to them and Krys to awake.....

Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 11:34
Bessain thought about killing Dagoron, but knew she’d hate herself for it later… it would turn into one of those memories she hated so much. She glared at him, then turned around and kept going. She shot a glance behind her back, and smiled. The little dwarf was still flinching, and still had his eyes shut.

He finally opened his eyes and strode back to Bessain. When he opened his mouth, perhaps to test Bessain’s patience, he found her dagger point at his throat.

Bessain slide her dagger up toward his mouth. “Little dwarves should learn to hold their tongues… or they might be cut out…” she threatened, seizing him by his beard. “DON’T think I won’t!” The look in her eyes told Dagoron, that she meant it.

Cutting out his tongue wasn’t killing him… besides; it might give the world a little peace.

“Now, master dwarf, if you’ll kindly shut your mouth… I’d like to have my kill for the day. I didn’t tell anyone I left, because I DON’T want to be bothered, and I DON’T want to bother anyone else. Understood?” she finally concluded, knocking an arrow to her bow string.

She licked her finger to test the wind’s direction, and headed out… with the dwarf in tow. They walked for an hour or so, until they came to a clearing, with a little brook running through the middle. Bessain sat down, between two trees, hiding in the safety of the bushes. Dagoron sat in front of her. Bessain could wait all day, if need be… but the patience of the dwarf, was obviously wearing thin. She had to kick him a couple of times, to keep Dag from talking.

An hour or two later, a young brown stag came out from the brush, and his behind the reeds to get a drink. Bessain swore under her breath. The slight breeze could mis-guide her arrow at this distance… and the reeds could knock it out of place completely. She needed him to come away from the water. It would not be a hard lose if she missed, the young buck only had two long points on each side of his head. It wasn’t a big trophy, but the meat would do just fine.

“Might as well give him a chance,” she thought to herself. She quickly tightened her grip on her taught bow string, and snapped a twig under her foot. The stag’s ears and tail shot straight up, as he left the waters edge, and into Bessain’s range. She loosed her arrow and hit her target… but it was not a death blow.

The moving deer and breeze made it harder for Bessain to hit him. The arrow had gone off to the side a bit and into his shoulder blade. Their quarry took off, into the brush, but at a slower pace. “AFTER HIM DAG!” she cried, notching another arrow, and taking off after the young buck.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 08:18
Erudú knew he had pressing matters to attend to but he was not going to let this time, this moment with Morvana be lost to duty. Súlimo came and stood waiting to be to be acknowledged by his master. Erudú looks at him and before Súlimo could say anything Erudú speaks to him.
"Unless we are under attack or in a serious condition it will wait." Morvana did'nt say a thing as she rested her head on him and her arm and hand lay on his chest. He fiddled with her hair and stroked her head gently. They had not had any personal time for what felt like years rather than a month. He just wanted this moment to go on and he would take just as much time as he wanted. There had to be some benefit to being co-rules of a land. "You are needed elsewhere my love." Morvana tells him. "I need to be here more, I want to be here and they will wait a few minutes or hours if need be. I love you, I want to be with you and nothing else matters" He replies.

Súlimo returns with Laraya and again they wait. Morvana looks up after a few minutes. "You two have become our shadows," She says as she sits up and looks at them. "My Lady and my Lord you are you are being waited upon. Lord Eómer, Lords Elrohir and Elladan your Captains Kale, Halamir, Erúvellas, Angúron, Sirieth and Theran all wait for you to arrive. Lord Faramir has just returned from Tharbad and also awaits for you. Erudú closes his eyes, he is so tired, but no more tired than all the rest he thinks to himself. The two of them kiss then stand, Erudú picks up his armour takes Morvana's hand and follows Súlimo and Laraya into the field command tent. There are smiling faces all around as the two enter the tent. Eómer comes up to Erudú and shakes his hand and places his other on his shoulder, Faramir in the typical ways men does the same. Erudú and Morvana bow to the others and can't help but feel elated. Each of the leaders and captains tell them of the results of their battles and of the heavy losses suffered by the forces of Tartarus. In some of Tartarus's smaller groups of around 500 or less nearly all were lost to him. In the main camp Keli and Kale with Erudú and Morvana killed over 700 and Eómer with Erúvellas killed 300 and drove the remainder south where Sirieth and her group killed yet an untold number. It was a total route of the enemy.

They spoke of the battles and the utter surprise and destruction brought down upon Tartarus's grand army. They go to the maps and plot the new lines which now extend two to three leagues deep in some areas of the Dunland. The new lines of defence that must now be built and forest cleared two and fifty hundred paces ahead of that line. "This is not a new border but an outer wall of defence." Erudú tells them. "I have no desire to nor have we been told to expand our lands and the Dunlendings must know that. I have no intention of subjecting Dunland to our rule for they are part of Gondor's domain but they must choose to live peacefully with Rohan, Gondor, and ourselves or we shall destroy what is left of them. I will seek to trade with them rather than kill them in battle. Tartarus is hurt but he is far from crippled. He will rebuild and come at us again, until then he will send small bands to attack outposts then flee quickly. We must be on guard at all times or he will again try to find ways into Ost-in-Edhil and do what he can to slow our work or kill any he can. He is a wounded animal and will lash out at anything he can." Erudu tells them.

Morvana steps forward to address them "It is now our time to heal and renew our strength. We must tell all those who fought bravely and those that were wounded that a time of rest from battle is upon them and also a time to celebrate their victory. Food and drink awaits those who's companies are to return to Ost-in-Edhil and for those who must remain here food and some wine will be brought to them. We are grateful to you all for standing with us and fighting by our sides. May our nations ever be so united." Morvana bows to them and takes her place with Erudú. They all linger together for some time then Erudú and Morvana manage to leave together. They look over the orc camp and see large pyres of the orc dead burning through out it. They stood there in each other's arms looking at the shear destruction and death of the night before. Why did you not tell them of our vision of Tartarus and his lair? Morvana asks him. I want to know more before we go to them with the news. I would like to try and see if we can find his lair or it's where about more clearly.

I would to like see the healers and the wounded before we leave, you might like to see how Narlen is coming along and join me when you're done? He asks Morvana. Yes I think I will look in on Narlen, I will see you in an hour or so.
They have one more kiss but before Morvana goes but Erudú holds her and looks into her eyes and then holds her closely again. Erudú, I can't hear thoughts, what is it, why have you shut me out. She asks him. It must be because I'm tired, that's all. He tries to reassure her. Morvana is not satisfied with his answer but doesn't press him any further. As she leaves she looks back at him puzzled knowing something is'nt right.

Erudú visits the tents of the healers and stops to speak with many of those who are wounded. He walked with a bit limp and the knife wound to his face made it easier for him to face the wounded. He passed by no bed where there was someone who wished to talk with him. Many times did he have to explain the power of the two swords and how they were able to use them. No question was to small for him to stop and answer as best he could. The news of the victory was known and it lifted the spirits of the wounded. Some of the wounds were terrible and Erudú couldn't help but feel responsible for their pain. He left the wounded and found his way to a small clump of ancient pine trees, he looked around and felt he was reasonably out of sight for what he wanted to do.

He shielded his mind as best he could and began to call to Tartarus. Tartarus, I know you can hear me. The next instance he finds himself again standing before Tartarus in the same chamber as before.

Is this wise Lord of Eregion to challenge me so? Has your victory in this battle filled you with such pride that you call to me?

Erudú surveys the chamber and finds he can freely about. Pride indeed, it is your pride that has lead to your down fall. Your grand army is in tatters your stockpiles along with your army burns in pyres that the stench of you might be wiped out. I am not so foolish as you think, I have no doubts that you will try to rebuild but where will find more orcs. Most fell with your master and Moria was purged of the orc and goblin hordes. The truth is there are so few of you left and as for Dunland there is now a shortage of men folk and those that remain know your struggle against us is futile. They will not be so willing to follow you into battle only to die for a cause that is it self is dead. Erudú looks about the chamber hoping to find some clue of where they are.

There are always those who will fight and we will meet again sooner than you think master elf. There are not so many of you ready to fight as you try to imply. What is it you want, you are not interested in a mere chat, state your business.

I came to make you an offer Tartarus. Leave now and I will let you live. You leave with nothing but the clothing you wear such as it is, and the palantir stays with us. You have a choice and the offer will not be made again so think on it.

Tartarus bursts into laughter. You consider yourself so mighty after one victory that you come here and sue for peace. He burst into laughter again. You are a fool Erudú Sorontur if you think yourself so mighty and think I am so weak that I might consider it. He laughs again at the thought of it. I will show you might that your protector can not guard you from

The chamber is filled with the loud painful shrill shrieking sound of a Nazgûl. Erudú covers his ears and makes it look as though he tries to flee from the sound. He runs down the corridor that leads beyond the chamber and then he finds it. He looks at the opening of the cave and sees the mountains beyond and a small valley below. Having seen this he draws Firestorm and runs as a mad man at Tartarus and should he get the chance he will kill him. The pain in his head is so great now that he stumbles and nearly falls but he keeps his eyes on Tartarus. He can see the shocked look on Tartarus's face that he still is able to come at him with his sword drawn and raised ready to strike. Erudu not only challenges Tartarus but also has the strength to over come the shrill sound that would stop any other. Only a few paces away from the prize and the whole scene changes. Again Erudú finds himself standing amongst the pine trees. His head pounds and feels as thought it will split. He falls to the ground and calls for help, Morvana…..help me….I…..need.. you….Duath.
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 01:55
Dagoron was shoved out of the bushes and was rushed into a run “I am, what ye think I’m doin!” he yelled back at Bessain. As quickly as he could he notched an arrow and looked around for the deer. “ere it is Bess!” he said as he walked up on the deer, it had collapsed on the floor but it was still alive. Dagoron pulled the string back and shot the deer making it rest its head on the ground and die. Hr grabbed the arrow that had embedded its self in the deer’s body and wriggled it free. Bessain tied the deer up on a tree and field dressed it and the two of them carried the deer back to the camp.

Dagoron and Bessain returned to the camp and Dag was greeted with the allowance to have ale at the celebration that was supposed to happen tonight. He gave an ear to ear grin and kept his cool until the elf walked away. He almost jumped around cheering but he just gave a hardy laugh and walked over to where his wooden kegs of ale had gone. “there you guys are…” he said patting the top of the keg and started rolling them one by one over to the table and put one at the end of every one. Finding that there was a couple extra kegs he slyly rolled then over to his tent and slid them in and hid them behind some of his boxed he had in there.

Casually walking out of the tent he dusted his hands off one another and walked over to a steadily growing fire where Bessain was now cooking her deer. Grinning “hey uh Bess, I got thee ale set up, wanna early drink?” he said in a swaggering voice, he might have sneaked a couple glasses before he walked over to her.
elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 05:33
Morvana looked back at her husband once more before heading to the healer's tent, knowing in her heart that something was wrong with him but what, she did not know. She pushed it out of her mind as best she could and found herself outside of Narlen's tent. Her hand raised the tent flap and saw her friend sitting on the edge of his bed. "You really should be laying down you know," commented Morvana, smiling as she made her way in front of Narlen.

"I knew you would say that if you saw me like this," replied Narlen, "but I have to get back to standing and walking again. This is killing me just lying in this bed! I have no idea of what is going on around me...I'm in need of some information." Morvana softly laughed and took a seat by Narlen, putting her hand on his shoulder. "Well, if it is knowledge that you so desperately seek, I do have news for you: we celebrate our victory in Ost-in-Edhil and recover our strength that we all seriously need."

Morvana could tell by the expression on Narlen's face that he was pleased with the report she gave. They sat in silence now; Morvana lost in a daze, thinking about the events that had taken place that day. One in particular she couldn't get rid of was the cut on Erudu's throat. She kept getting a feeling that she somehow had something to do with it but why she was unsure of. Morvana would never harm her husband so she drove it out of her head along with other memories she couldn't bear to relive.

"Morvana, are you alright?" Narlen asked, breaking the silence. "Why do you ask such questions? I am fine Narlen, just troubled by no more than a mere thought. Now, would you like to walk again or not?" Narlen smiled but knew better than to press matters further especially with Morvana. He knew she didn't like to burden others with her problems but she needed to talk to someone. "At least speak to Erudu about what is troubling you," suggested Narlen.

"Let me see your hands and I will help you up and out of this bed," Morvana said as she extended her hands, "But I warn you to be careful and take small steps forward. You are still wounded but in time you will heal if you allow it." Narlen did as she asked and locked hands with Morvana's, readying himself to stand up. Morvana tightened her grip, taking a step backwards to help Narlen onto his feet.

The process of him walking again would take some time, Morvana knew, but she felt responsible, that it was her business to see this through in bringing back the strength to Narlen's feet and the healing of his wound. She would now make it a priority to see Narlen every day for an hour or so and aid him in his recovering.

"I think that is enough for one day," Morvana suggested as she helped Narlen back to his bed, "Please don't rush yourself in being able to walk again...it will soon come to you. Now please, lie down and rest...if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me," Morvana said, seeing that her friend was comfortable and then made her way to the opening of the tent. She didn't take but one step forward when her head began to throb with such pain that she collapsed on her knees.

Her hands immediately covered her ears, trying to shut out a high pitch, shrill shriek. She saw flashes and images of Tartarus and soon became deaf to everything around her, Narlen trying to call to her but it was useless. Morvana…..help me….I…..need.. you….Duath. "Erudu, where are you? I can feel your pain but I can't see you. Open your mind to me, my dear."

As soon as she had said this, the shriek she had heard had ceased and the throbbing in her head had stopped. Morvana opened her eyes and looked ahead of her, seeing Erudu surrounded by an area of pine trees. She closed her eyes and opened them again, finding herself once more in Narlen's tent. This time she heard Narlen's anxious call, "Morvana, are you alright? Can you hear me?"

I am on my way Erudu. Please hang on! "I am fine, Narlen, but Erudu is not. I am sorry but I must make haste to my husband. Don't worry about me...it is not me that needs to be worried about." With that said, Morvana left in haste to where her husband laid, paralyzed by pain.

Morvana met up with Duath along the way, he questioning exactly where Erudu was. She led him, then, to an area of pine trees that she had seen in her vision and immediately saw Erudu, on his knees and his hands clutching his head. "Erudu!" exclaimed Morvana as she picked up her pace, landing on her knees in front of him. "I only know part of what you saw and don't you ever go doing that again! We will have the opportunity here soon enough to defeat Tartarus but it is neither this time nor day. I was worried for you..." Morvana said softly in his ear, helping along with Duath to raise Erudu from the ground. Cautiously, all three made it slowly back to the healer's tent.

[Edited on 20/7/2004 by elvenwood008]
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 01:00
(((Hello! I'm finally back! Who missed me? -----silence---- Ya...thought so. But it's good to be back!)))

In the middle of the abandoned battlefield, the remains of a wooden building, burned to the ground, stirred. A scrap of wood flew to the side as a figure emerged from the ground up. Siriel was covered in ash, as was Derra. The tired pair had been trapped in the ruins for most of the day, and she was still exhausted from the huge battle. Her wounds were bothering her, and dried blood itched at her skin. But she was to tired to move, think, or find help, so the dog and warrior laid down on the battlefield for a nap.

Celon was unusually busy. Even though elves do not need sleep, they do need rest, something she had been deprived of for almost two days. Battles left wounded, who needed healing. The problem was, there were not as many healers there as there should have been. Her own time in fighting had been cut short--thank Eru--by Narlen's needs. Celon sighed unhappily. "I'm so tired of fighting. I never liked it to begin with, but I'm no warrior." Fael placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. He had been helping her throughout the day with boiling water and wrapping bandages. "If you need a break, I'm sure that the armies of four different nations won't miss one elf. Besides, there won't be any more fighting for a time."

Celon turned as she saw Duath rushing out of the room. Needing a break from the healer's tent, she decided to follow him, noticing the concern in his eyes. Following him with her dark-blue eyes, she saw him run into the pine trees, so she did also. Stumbling across him with Morvanna an Erudu was quite a shock. They all looked worried as Morvanna explained what had happened.

((..I know this post accomplished nothing, but I really needed to post... :wave: ))

Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 05:28
"No thank you, Dag," she said, sounding rather annoyed with the little dwarf. She continued stripping the parts she wanted off of the deer carcus. Bessain soon had pieces salted and packed away, for later.

She tried to get as much as she could off the deer, but could not, her knife hilt was slippery because of the blood. Bessain dropped it to the ground and wrapped her hand in a towel to soak up any extra blood. She then reached for her dagger... but found that it was missing.

"Drat!" she thought to herself. "I got that from Theoden too..." Bessain liked that dagger... it was different from any other weapon she carried... and it was a reward for her service. She despretly tried to remember what she had done with it. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't had her dagger, since the battle ended. "I must have let it inside an orc..." she grumbled, remembering throwing it. She stood up, strapped on her sword, and started out for the battle feild. Not caring that she was leaving a freshly killed deer unattended too. She was sure that she had lost it sometime before Kale found her.

Bessain arrived at the picket line, and chose a small gray mare... she wanted to give Orcsbane a chance to rest. The little mare was fleet of foot, and looked able to run any distance((Rosey, LOL)). This horse was in no way, built for war... this must have been the reason, that no one had chosen her as their mount. Bessain had no intention of starting another war, she just wanted to find her dagger.

((needle in a haystack type of moment...))

Retracing her steps, Bessain rides out farther and farther. After, what seemed like months of searching....Bessain is unable to find her possesion. She did however find a lost friend and her dog. Bessain, unable to understand what Siriel was doing OUT of the healers tent, tapps her friend on the shoulder hoping that she is not dead. A slight muffled groan rumbles from Siriel's throat.

"How many times must I drag you to the healers tent?!?!" Bessain grunts, heaving Siriel onto the little mare. She lays the annoying maiden, sreached out over her mounts neck. Bessain had not bothered to use a saddle, so there was nothing to tie her or the dog onto.

If they had been on Orcsbane, Bessain would have layed the dog behind the saddle,and Siriel in front of it. But they were not on the stallion, and Bessain doubted that this horse would hold three people... even if one of them was an elf.

So she slowly lead the mare back to camp, mourning the loss of her dagger.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 06:02
The shrill scream still echoed in Erudú's mind and ears and no matter how he tried to stop it the shrill sound continued. He felt the touch of hand and almost instantly the sound diminished but it did not stop. Morvana was with him, he knew her gentle touch and then he heard her voice. I'm sorry Morvana he tried to tell her but he was in too much pain to focus on anything. He walked with Morvana and Duath but knew he was slowly loosing this battle as the bright sunlight of the day began to darken in his eyes.

At the healers tent Erudú is placed in a cot and now he no longer see any of the sun light.
"Morvana" He calls and reaches out trying to find her "Morvana are you there" Morvana is outside the tent distraught. Duath tries to gather as much information from her as to what she saw and heard. "Morvana" Erudú calls again reaching out for her. A soft gentle hand takes hold of his but he knows it is not Morvana. The hands touch his head and the pain ebbs for a moment and returns when the hands are removed. Erudú cries out as the pain surges, he grabs hold of his head and the squeeze in on his temples as the throbbing becomes more intense.

"Morvana" He calls again. She runs into the tent and takes his hand and he knows she is there. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry Morvana….. I had to go back and see him,… I know where he is…..I saw it Morvana ….I saw it." Is the last thing Erudú says before he falls into a deep dark abyss.

"Duath!" Morvana calls in desperation. Duath works quickly, Celon undo those buttons and place cold cloths on his head and chest. Celon hesitates, she has had to remove shirts many times from soldiers but this is no regular soldier. "Get the cloths" Morvana instructs her as she removes Erudú's shirt. "The fever has set in already" Duath comments as he works. Celon brings soaked cloths. "Cool him as best you can and don't stop." Duath instructs her. As Duath looks for a wound he speaks with Morvana. "Morvana are you sure of what you heard, that sound has not been heard for several years now and how would Tartarus get the skills needed to use it? Sauron is gone." He stops and looks at her "Are you sure?" "Yes I am, I know what it was I heard." She tells him.

"Celon you know what we need?" He asks her. She nods and rushes out of the tent. "I need hot water in a basin now!" She demands as she rummages through the herb supplies and finds what she needs. A basin of hot water is brought to her quickly and she takes both the herb and hot water to Duath. Duath takes the basin and pours the herb into the hot water. "Lift his head a little." Duath orders as he fans the steam from the basin over Erudú's face. Celon watches closely and after a minute or so she sees then tension in Erudú's body leave him.

"Athelas" says Morvana. "I know of it well but have never seen it used." She looks at Duath "I thought it use was for Black Breath and other ailments but what was it's purpose here?" she asks Duath. I needed to be sure of what you heard because everything that I saw told me it was black breath and when I found no wound it could have been nothing else. Would he have been close to Tartarus?" Duath asks. No more than a few paces away I would imagine." Morvana tells him. "We best have a tonic Celon" Duath instructs her and she returns almost immediately with a small cup adds tonic to it and then adds a little water. Duath hands Morvana the cup. "He needs to sleep or he will wake with a considerable pain still in his head, I'm sorry but there will be no celebrating the victory for him Morvana. He needs to drink some of this, it is a sleep tonic and it will take him very quickly. Give it to him once he begins to stir.

Celon and Morvana dry off Erudú and cover him while they wait for him to stir. Their wait is not to long and once he opens his eyes a little Celon lifts him a little. "Morvana" He says weakly. I saw where he is." he spoke barely above a whisper. "I know" Morvana tells him "We will talk of it later, you must drink some of this." She tells him as she lifts the cup to his lips. He drinks some of the liquid and quickly drifts off. Morvana slumps over and hangs her head for a moment before sitting and looking at him. "Why do you do these things to us my dear." She says as she removes a strand of hair from his face.
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 04:02
KALE,ANGURON,DHAE,SAER,ELROND! Send me every healer and someone come here! And I need Gandalf...... NOW!

Saer recoiled violently as the mental yell from Duath rolled through Eregion....... He winced as Keli held her temples.........

You better have a reason for that......

I do....... Tartarus learned all too well from his master........ He's become a wraith......... With a wraiths powers..... And I don't know how or where hes getting his power....

The breath.... Oh no Duath....not again............ We have little defense against this........

Saer grimaced..... they now had an enemy they would have a hard time fighting..... he held more of an advantage than they other than their will.......

((OOC: Been a bad week at work, I had a funeral for a great Aunt...... and My allergies are acting up........ so its short......))
<< First1011121314Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email