Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1213141516
Author Topic:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Eregion *need new ppl, pm to join* (KEEP)
on: February 21, 2005 07:37
OOC: Please excuse the extremely long post, I didn't know it was going to end up this long. thank you for the help with this one Bess, you helped me out of a rough spot when my brain shut down.

Sarnian asked softly if Eruvellas could set Lanni down. Eruvellas shook his head, and said,"No I can't let go of her, I don't want her to think I left her."
"You are Eruvellas, correct?" Sarnian extended his hand and laid it on Eruvellas's arm.
"Yes I am, and I would appreciate it if you would remove your hand from my arm. Right now."
Sarnian smiled and looked at Elrond, who nodded at him, then turned his eyes back to Eruvellas. "And I would appreciate it if you would kindly put my daughter down so I can help her before we both lose her forever." The kindness was now gone from his eyes and they changed to a pair of cold blocks of ice. "I said, put...her..DOWN!"
Lanni twitched in Eruvellas's arms. He looked down at her in shock."Lanni?"
"Put her down, Eruvellas," said Elrond."And come out here with me into the fresh air and rest a bit."
Eruvellas reluctantly laid Lanni down and intentionally bumped Sarnian as he moved past him. Elrond chuckled. Acting like two wild animals going after the same prize...
....................................................................................
Eldarion sat there shaking his head at Sulimo and Eruwestial. They were bantering back and forth, each trying to out compliment each other it seemed. It appeared to him that Sulimo was winning, for it was him that was making her blush, but then when she would place her hand on his arm or on his shoulder and smile at him, she was winning points. He shook his head again. Why they were putting themselves through that he had no idea. He was glad he would be leaving for Gondor soon, so he would not have to watch this type of spectacle for long. He looked up when Eruvellas came out with Elrond, and clapped his hand sympathetically on his shoulder. He didn't need to say anything. Eruvellas knew that Eldarion was wishing he could help in some way.
......................................................................................
Sarnian had asked Galadriel and Gandalf to remain with him to explain all the events that had occurred to his daughter. When they had filled him in on all that they knew, he asked about Eruvellas.
"What is he like?"
Galadriel smiled. "He would give his life for her."
Sarnian said ruefully,"Well, let us hope it does not come to that. Gandalf, please make sure that no one enters this place while I am working. Galadriel, if you could go out and explain to Eruvellas that he cannot under any circumstances, no matter what he hears, either try to reach her through his mind, nor is he allowed to enter here, unless I ask him otherwise. I need peace to work in."
......................................................................................
Galadriel exitted the cave, and went to Eruvellas. She began to explain to him what Sarnian had asked of him, and when he heard the words "no matter what you may hear," he began to panic.
"What do you mean? What might I hear? What is he going to do to her?"
Galadriel sighed, and Elrond stepped in. "It is possible that the process could cause her some pain."
"PAIN?" He tried to stand up, and Eldarion held him down. "Mellon nin, do you want your beloved Lanni to come back to you?"
Eruvellas looked at him, not believing he could ask such a stupid question."Of course I do. She is the only thing in this life that matters to me. I would rather die than be without her."
"Then Elrond and Galadriel are right. You cannot interrupt the process in anyway." Eldarion's eyes held Eruvellas's own and the elf sagged against his friend. "She will be okay, mellon nin. You have to know that."
.......................................................................................

Sulimo had his attention drawn from Eruwestial by Eruvellas's outburst. He moved quickly over to be closer to Eruvellas. He listened as Eldarion talked him down, and breathed a sigh of relief when Eruvellas relaxed. Eruwestial looked at the scene and asked, "Who are all these people?" Sulimo started, having forgotten for a moment that she was there. "I mean, I know Lord Elrond, and Gandalf, but who are the others?"
Sulimo explained how and why everyone had come to be there, and she nodded her head slowly. "So it is his fault that she is like this?"
Sulimo looked horrified."No, he did not know what the vision was, only pieces of it. He still does not know."
"Oh, I see.Sorry." She turned and walked back to her horse, and began digging in her pack.

Suddenly Sulimo sprang at Eruvellas and tackled him and then hit him...
Sarnian began to think about his love for Mírfain, and his daughter and how he wanted to help her. He tried prying slowly into her mind, but she did not know him, so she was resisting. He decided the best approach was to start by explaining himself.

Lannórui, Sarnian i eneth nín. Lîn ada. He repeated himself to make sure she understood, and then waited for a response.

*The vibration surrounding her became very fragmented, and a word came through. Ada. Her mind focussed on that word, and then more came through. Lannórui, Sarnian i eneth nín. Lîn ada.

No! My ada is Tuveren. Her mind refused to believe otherwise.

No, Lannórui. Tuveren was the one who raised you, so your mother would not have to do it alone. She left me behind in Imladris when she returned to Lorien.

No, my mother would not have lied to me.You lie.

Lannórui, listen to me. He noticed the uniform jacket of Eruvellas lying there. Your love, Eruvellas, he is a man of the military, is he not?

Eruvellas! The name stirred her heart. Where is my love?

Finally, he thought he saw a way in. He would use the love that she had for Eruvellas, and vice versa as a tool for leverage. He is near. Is he a military man?

Yes..and he loves me. I never want to lose him...Her thoughts were such happy ones, but then a blackness appeared. No...no..I don't want to lose him...

He sensed her thrashing and fighting the vision in her head.
Lannórui, talk to me. What is it that troubles you? Is it Eruvellas? Is something about him frightening you?

Not him..the Black Shadow...it is waiting for him...it waits to wrap him in its cold grasp and carry him away from me...

Death? Is it Death you see waiting for him?

Yes...it wants to take him..it waits...everytime he goes to battle, it gets closer and closer to him...it wants to take him.

Lannórui, did you see him die inside your head? He now understood. He closed his eyes and concentrated. This part was not going to be easy. Lannórui...can you show me what you saw?

No.

Lannórui...

NO!

He took a deep breath and prepared himself. Either he was going to break her resolve, or lose her completely.

Lannórui, you will listen to me. You will not like what I have to say but it is true. I swear on my own life. The reason you have never known me is because your mother feared the same thing for me that you fear for Eruvellas. She did not want to see me fall on the field of battle. She left me before you were born and went with my friend Tuveren to Lorien, and they raised you as their child. They gave you the name Whitestone to make the appearance of a happy family complete. But they were not married, because she was my wife. When did you ever see them kiss, or be affectionate with each other? She loved me, Lannórui, her husband, your father. And I loved both of you.

Then where were you when she DIED? The thought screamed through his head,startling him.

No one told me, Lannórui. I only just found out. Please, Lannórui. If you truly love Eruvellas and want to save him from what you have seen, you must let me in.

She began to cry. Tears rolled down her cheeks from her eyes, and Sarnian knew he had her. He hated to push any harder than he had, but he didn't have a choice. He had to break her will and reduce her to helplessness before he could bring her out into reality again.

Lannórui, I said let me in. It is the only way to save both of you.

I can't. I don't know you, don't know what to believe!

His thoughts turned cold toward his daughter. You don't love him. It is a farce.

What? No you are wrong, I do love him!

No you don't. If you did you would not be so selfish as to think of what you want, but rather would be thinking of what it is that he wants. He is the one who loves, but you do not truly love him in return.

What do you know of my love for him?

I know that you don't, because to be able to love truly, you have to be willing to sacrifice everything for him. And you will not sacrifice the vision in your head to me that I might be able to help. I can help you, and I want to help you. But you have to be able to trust me. If you cannot trust me, then he will die ...and you will die upon the fulfillment of that vision.

Silence.

He reached out to Elrond, to ask him for aid. I cannot reach the mind of Eruvellas. He has shut down as I asked, but I need him to reach her. I have opened her mind to thought, but cannot get in to the place where she hides the vision, because she does not trust. I need his help.

Elrond went to Eruvellas and asked him," Are you willing to help?"
Eruvellas looked at him. "I was told to stay out of it. Knocked to the ground and forced to stop. Now I am being asked asked to join?"
Elrond sighed. "Her mind is open to thought now, and she can respond only because of the connection with Sarnian. The problem is that he cannot get into the part of her the vision hides in, because she does not trust him. She trusts you. Will you help convince her to open her mind further than Sarnian could obtain the information we need to change the vision?"
Eruvellas stood. "I will do all I can."
He entered the cave, and knelt by Sarnian. He reached out his mind to Lanni's. Lanni...Lanni it is Eruvellas...

Eruvellas! I am frightened. What has happened to me? Why is it so dark? And so cold?

He looked at Sarnian, who nodded. Because you are dying, my love. You have retreated so far that the light no longer can reach you. We can help you. But you have to let Sarnian in.

NO! I want only you in here. Make him go away, make me safe and warm again.

Lanni, I cannot. He has the power to open the vision, to make you see how it can be changed, that we both will live. I cannot do that. You have to let him in. And you have to do it now.

Lannórui, he speaks the truth. Let me in now, willingly, or I shall have to push, and it will hurt you. I do not want to do that. I would rather you feel no more pain.

Lannórui moaned. Then the wall broke.

Sarnian grabbed Eruvellas's arm. "You must talk to her, you must comfort her, and let her know how deep your love for her is. Keep her calm that I might be able to make the changes that will allow her to be drawn back out."
Eruvellas did as he was told. Sarnian went into the deep part of her mind, and found the blackness. He talked to her, over the sound of Eruvellas's thoughts and explained to her the basis of the vision, and how it could be changed, that it reflected only one possible future. He taught her how to see without feeling, how to distance herself from the effects of the vision. Then he asked her to take their hands and let them guide her back to the light.

7 hours after Sarnian had begun, Lannórui opened her eyes for the first time since leaving the camp. The first thing she saw was Eruvellas, tears streaming down his face, his eyes closed. She reached up and touched his face, and he opened his eyes and looked into hers.

[Edited on 22/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

[Edited on 22/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 08:45
Erúvellas sat on the ground still angry with Súlimo and angry that he could not be with Lanni but he had done what was asked of him to do. It was therefore a great surprise when Lord Elrond came to him

Erúvellas are you willing to help?" Elrond asks
Erúvellas looked at him. "I was told to stay out of it. Knocked to the ground and forced to stop. Now I am being asked asked to join?"
Elrond sighed. "Her mind is open to thought now, and she can respond only because of the connection with Sarnian. The problem is that he cannot get into the part of her the vision hides in, because she does not trust him. She trusts you. Will you help convince her to open her mind further than Sarnian could obtain the information we need to change the vision?"
Eruvellas stood. "I will do all I can."
He entered the cave, and knelt by Sarnian. He reached out his mind to Lanni's. Lanni...Lanni it is Erúvellas...
Eruvellas! I am frightened. What has happened to me? Why is it so dark? And so cold?

Erúvellas's heart raced when he heard her voice and he had to swallow hard and fight back tears.

He looked at Sarnian, who nodded. Because you are dying, my love. You have retreated so far that the light no longer can reach you. We can help you. But you have to let Sarnian in.

NO! I want only you in here. Make him go away, make me safe and warm again.

Erúvellas felt desperate and not at all sure of what he should do or say. He called to her again.

Lanni, I cannot. He has the power to open the vision, to make you see how it can be changed, that we both will live. I cannot do that. You have to let him in. And you have to do it now.

Lannórui, he speaks the truth. Let me in now, willingly, or I shall have to push, and it will hurt you. I do not want to do that. I would rather you feel no more pain.

Lannórui moaned. Then the wall broke.

While Sarnian delved into the deep recesses of Lanni's mind and found the vision Erúvellas spoke of his undying love for her. He continued to speak to her as the time flowed by each minute seeming as though it was an hour. There was now no way that Erúvellas could hold back tears so he closed his eyes and continued on as Sarnian her father requested. He reached out his hand to her in her thoughts and with her father they brought her out of the darkness she had fallen into. Erúvellas had no way of knowing when she was truly out of the darkness so until he felt her touch he kept talking to her mind.

The first thing Lanni saw was Erúvellas, tears streaming down his face, his eyes closed. She reached up and touched his face, and he opened his eyes and looked into hers.

Erúvellas stopped and just looked down at her not trusting his eyes but when she began to smile he scooped her up into his arms and they weep together. They kiss and hug and held each other close. "I thought I had lost you Lanni. Oh Lanni these days have been darker for me than any that I have come through. Without you by my side I would have had no purpose or reason to remain in these lands and now all that and hope has been restored." For several minutes Erúvellas and Lanni remain in the cave and then Erúvellas comes out carrying her in his arms. Everyone was overjoyed to see her but Erúvellas carries her past everyone and goes and stands before her father. " Lannórui this is lord Sarnian a great and noble Lord of Imladris, it is he who lead you to the light and back to me. Lord Sarnian allow me to introduce you to your daughter, Lannórui

[Edited on 25/2/2005 by Barahir1]
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 08:13
((This here, peeps, is a post written by Myself and Dag. Updates: Happy 1st Eregion...um… Anniversary!! To all users, new and old!! It takes a special person to put up with all these characters for this long!!!))

“We’re going home!....Again!” cried Bessain, settling into the seat next to her brother.

He didn’t look too happy. They had been on the road for a long while now and his sister had not yet shut her mouth.“Home?” Rinben asked. “I didn’t think you were staying.”

“For now,” she replied, for what seemed like the thousandth time. “I’d rather call Eregion home, again, than to stay here with dwarves. We left to get away from crowds, for some measure of time, and we end up staying with those—“ her next words were lost in angry mumbles.

“Bess? You are aware, that they are to be joining us in Eregion soon enough, right?” he questioned, lining the cart up with the caravan.

His question was met by silence. This could not in anyway be a good thing.

“…my head hurts,” she commented, gently rubbing her forehead. If there was one thing she didn’t want to think of for the next few days, it was the sight of a dwarf.

“That’s because you had a good deal of ale last night…and lost,” the last part made him smile lightly.

His wise remark was ended with Bess’s hand slapping the back of Rinben’s head.

“You cheated,” she said simply.

“I did not,” he simply replied, still having somewhat of a headache. Being slapped did not help at all. But he took comfort in the fact that he had found a way to anger her, and this made him chuckle. “Always remember, little sister, I’ll always be there to beat u in the end.”

Again he was slapped.

His mood lightened and for the next few minutes he could do nothing but smile… with a headache. Rinben handed Bessain the reigns for a moment, and lit up his pipe. Hopefully it would ease the pain in his head, since ale had not. Taking control of the cart once more the two slip back into conversation. “Do you suppose Dag—“

This half thought out question was answered by a loud snore from Dagoron, who had crawled aboard the cart and fallen asleep in his overdue drunken stupor.

“Nevermind.”

Bessian laughed. “Well at least he has the right idea, I— What is that smell?”
Rinben could not smell anything over the scent of his pipe weed.

Dagoron awoke with a sharp bump. The wagon had hit something and jolted all the passengers. Upon waking, the dwarf smelt something grotesque. “Oi, Bess! Whats that smell?” he grunted.

“I believe it to be you, master of the ale,” she replied with an almost sickened tone, for she too had caught a whiff of it.

The stubborn dwarf searched around the back of the wagon. He finally found the source of the smell. “Whos’re these?” he asked, popping his head out of the front of the wagon. He held out the garments of the two thieves. Rinben turned to the side and nearly fell out as the noxious fumes of the thieves drifted out.

“Get rid of it, dwarf!” the frustrated she-elf bellowed.

“Yeah, yeah yeah,” the dwarf grumbled as he went back inside. “Dun know why I even asked ye,” he continues as he went back inside. “Get rid o’ em…” he mumbled in mock imitation of Bessain’s voice, looking for a way to do as he was told.

As soon as the search started, it was over. He had found his tinder box. Dagoron struck the box quickly after setting up the area-to-burn. The fire started quickly and burned at the clothes, emitting thick black smoke. The fire spread quicker than he thought it would.

Oi, uh, Bess… Gotta problem ‘ere…” he said as he stomped at the fire, trying to put it out.

Granite rode up at that time on his white pony (will make name l8r) and exclaimed “What’re ye doin?!” Dagoron looked at the other dwarf.

“Bess told me to!” he yelled, his face red and eyebrows singed by the fire.

By this time Bessain and Maethoron had turned around and looked at the scene. “Ye told me ter, Bess,” he said, looking at her through red smoke exposed eyes.

“Damned dwarf!!!” Bessain bellowed, leaping from the seat, into the back of the cart. “Get it out of here!” she shouted referring to the still burning shreads of cloth. Once again, the dwarf did as he was told and kicked what was left of the burning clothes out the back.

While Bessain and Dagoron frantically tried to save their wooden cart, the burning clothes that the dwarf had kicked out, landed on the hooves of the horses behind them. The elf , Sirion, who rode not too far away from the back of the cart, soon found his mount out of control. As did many others.

Bessain looked up for a moment. "Honestly Dag... stop listening to me."

[Edited on 25/2/2005 by Ohtariel]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 08:43
The first days travel had been uneventful and the scouts had seen nothing of the remaining orcs that managed to flee into the countryside. The night camp was a simple matter since the sky was cloudless and tents were not needed. The next morning Celon had come by and unwrapped Erudú's arm and then removed the dressing. "I can't believe it." Celon says quite astounded. "The skin has almost completely healed over, though you will have a major scar Erudú. Here give me your arm and we'll see how much motion you have?" Celon slowly moves Erudú's out but he grimaces before she gets to far. With Morvana's help a light dressing is applied and the arm is placed in a sling again bound to prevent it from having any movement. Celon said nothing as she worked and this fact was not was lost on Morvana. "Well that should hold you till we get back to the city." Celon says trying to sound cheerful. When she leaves the wagon they used Morvana follows her out.

"Celon please tell me what you really think the state of his arm is?" Morvana asks.

"Well it's still early on Morvana and the skin looks good." Celon says trying to be non-committal.

Not satisfied with that comment Morvana just asks outright. "Will the arm heal enough for him to use it again?"

Celon pauses for a moment before she answers. Well Duath will be able to tell us more and he'll know what needs to be done to strengthen it. But…..I don't think he will be able to use the arm as before. He will have to fight left handed…. and we will see if he is able to write or feed himself with his right arm."

Morvana stands stunned. The words impacted her with the same force as a punch to the stomach "Thank you Celon" Morvana replies. She turns and walks back to the wagon and helps Erudú dress but says nothing to Erudú of her conversation with Celon.

Everything had been packed and stowed. The scouts had been out for a quick look at the lay of the land and had reported back, the signal was given and the column moved on. Eregion was a beautiful region and Erudú had in the past taken little time to look upon it beauty. A smile crossed his face and was noticed by Morvana.

"What do you see that you find so amusing?" Morvana asks him.

"This is nearly the very spot where we first encountered the orcs on our ride to Lorien." Erudú comments.

Morvana smiles. "Yes and the foolhardy ellon with me nearly got himself killed if it hadn’t been for warfrost."

"We have come a long way since that day but I am still the foolhardy ellon and now I have a wife whose council is wisdom itself. What would my wife tell me today a year later? Would she tell her husband that his foolhardiness had gone to far this time; and he would pay a great price for it?" Morvana looks over at him her eyes weld up with tears. "Don't worry Morvana what come of it we will endure." He moves in close to her and takes her hand and kisses it. "I love you Morvana Sorontur and that ….." Before Erudú can finish the call of riders approaching alerts everyone.

Some of the guards take their bows and prepare while others draw their swords. Word spreads quickly that Gandalf and Galadriel approach but until they have ridden in no one lowers their weapons. "Well what word of Lanni do you bring us?" Morvana asks before they have come to a complete stop.

"Lanni does well with her under her father's care but if Erúvellas will recover from this only the Valar know." Gandalf says chuckling.

"Well I'm pleased for both of them and we should thank the Valar for their grace in this matter." Morvana states somewhat sternly. Everyone in the small group knew she spoke the truth. Sirion joined them and was told the news which pleased him greatly. It was only a few more minutes before they were again underway. The morning passed by and the day was becoming hot and the animals would soon need time to rest and find water.

One of the scouts came riding back quickly and informed them the others were only a furlong away. One of the guards men had with him a small horn and when he blew it to announce their arrival to the others it sounded out clear and could be heard echoing off the rocky hills.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 08:47
After Eruvellas had introduced her to her father, Sarnien introduced her to the female elf that accompanied him. Eruwestiel eyed Lanni coolly, as she did the same. Lanni took her father's hand, and asked Eruvellas to give them a little time alone. Most of the others were getting ready to leave, so soon it would be only Sarnian, Eruvellas, Elrond, Lanni and Eruwestiel that remained behind. The others were going to meet up with Erudu's group, and then they were all to meet and go on to the city together.
Lanni was still not sure on her legs, after having not used them in a while, so she sat on a large rock, and Sarnian sat beside her. She looked at Eruwestiel and said,"Your aid, huh? Is that all?"
Sarnian smiled. "She is like another daughter to me, and far too young for my taste."
Lanni studied her intently." I don't think I like her."
Sarnian laughed, "My child, you don't even know her, how can you say that?"
"Because I can tell. She doesn't like me either."
Eruvellas was looking at the woman who was chatting idly about nothing with Elrond. She finally looked at him and said, "Can I help you?"
He said icily, "I doubt it."
"No probably not. I don't need to be rescued like some people."She responded snottily. Elrond gave her a look that instantly shut her mouth. Eruvellas, who had been in the process of getting up to confront her, settled back down. So she was afraid of something: displeasing Elrond.
Elrond took Eruwestiel by the arm and led her away from Eruvellas. "I would advise you, child, not to try to match wits or tempers with that man. He will destroy you if you try."
"Elrond, I do not want to be here."
Eruwestiel pouted.
"Then you should not have come. Surrogate father or not, he has regained his real daughter and you fear that will leave you in the cold. If it were any other, you would be."
Lanni sat quietly and listened to Sarnian tell her about Rivendell, and what it was like moving there after the fall of Eregion. She wanted to ask so many questions, but she kept silent, knowing that if he were so inclined, he could simply pick up on her thoughts and answer them at random.
Lanni, I love you. Her head turned and looked toward Eruvellas who was sitting alone while Elrond apparently argued with Eruwestiel. She smiled at him. Sarnian caught her smile and glanced over at Eruvellas. "You love him, don't you?"
"Yes, unlike someone tried to tell me earlier." She punched him in the leg.
"Well, I got your attention that way, didn't I?"
She suddenly looked at him and said,"Tell me about my mother when you met her. She never seemed happy when I was growing up, now that I think about it."
Sarnian got a dreamy look on his face. "Your mother was beautiful. I had never seen any elleth that even came close to matching her beauty, both inside and out. She was incredible, there was none other like her. She loved to just sit under the stars and daydream, and talk about the way they looked from Lorien. She knew that I loved her more than anything in the world, but she wanted to leave and return to Lorien. I could not do that, and she knew it. I could not leave my position, abandon everything I knew to go to a place completely foreign to me. I had done that once out of necessity when Eregion fell. I couldn't do it again."
Lanni reached over and took his hand. "I understand, Ada. Believe me, I understand."
Sarnian smiled.
"So tell me, what was it you were expecting? That he would reject his daughter and walk away?"
Eruwestiel turned on Elrond. "She has not needed him in all this time. Now she suddenly has to come back into his life? He doesn't know her, and he doesn't need to know her."
Elrond put his hands on her shoulders and made her look at him. "She was never told her father was Sarnian. That was my mistake. Now she will know her father, and you will not interfere, or it will be you leaving Rivendell for good. And you will be banned from Eregion, when it is rebuilt."
Her eyes narrowed. "You do not control me, Lord Elrond. It is not you I serve."
Suddenly she was almost knocked over by the force of Sarnian's thoughts. No but you do serve me, and I have told you far too many times to remember your thoughts are not your own. Especially where I am concerned. You will stop, or I will release you from your duties. For the first time since she had arrived, Eruwestiel looked concerned.
Lanni went over and sat by Eruvellas. She put her head in his lap, and he sat there stroking her hair. "What are we waiting for?" she asked suddenly. Eruvellas chuckled. "We are waiting for Erudu and the rest of the group to arrive for the move to the city. That is where Sulimo and Eldarion have gone, to meet up with them and lead them back here. That way we can all arrive together." She sat up and looked at him. "I vaguely remember a shadow looking into my face, trying to get me to speak. Was that Erudu? Or was I dreaming that?"
He shook his head. "No, you were not dreaming. Erudu tried to reach you, and when he couldn't, that was when the decision was made to bring you here."
Lanni sat and thought about that for a minute. "Funny, all these people who know me as "that elleth", and none of them, I bet, even know my name."
Eruvellas took her hands in his. "Soon they will know you, my love. Soon." She laid her head back into his lap and sighed. She was not quite sure she was ready for this.
When two people are forced together by another, the situation is often rife with hostility. Such was the case with Lanni and Eruwestiel. Neither one of them was feeling particularly warm toward the other from the moment they were introduced, and as time passed, things progressed to blizzard conditions between them. Any time either one of them spent more than two minutes with Sarnian, the other demanded more time. He was beginning to feel like he was being torn in two by the time Erudu's group arrived.

[Edited on 25/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 08:11
this is a joint effort by Iell-daughter-of-elvesand Barahir. the good stuff was writen by Iell-daughter-of-elves.

The wagons lumbered up to the opening of the cave and stopped in front of them. There was a couple along with the elders surrounded by soldiers. "Who are they?"
Lanni asks Erúvellas indicating the couple in the centre. "That Is the Lord and Lady of Eregion. Lord Erudú and Lady Morvana Sorontur." Lanni steps back and stands as high as she can on her tiptoes looking at the couple. "Hey I know Lady Morvana." She exclaims. "She is from Lothlorien and the daughter of Lady Galadriel." "Erudú is my cousin, come on I'll introduce you." Without any warning Erúvellas pulls Lanni along as they move through the crowd. They reach Erudú and Morvana and pass right between two guardsmen that don't challenge them. Lanni is nervous as they walk into the ring and right up to the couple.

"Erúvellas you're a whole lot better than when you left, and this must be Lanni, I see why Erúvellas has been so protective of you. " Erudú bows. "Lanni this is my wife Lady". Lanni cuts him off "Lady Morvana, yes I know you my Lady. We are both from Lorien and I have seen you on numerous occasions with your parents. It is an honour to meet you my lady." Lanni says somewhat star struck.

"I am pleased you are feeling better than when you left us, you gave us quite a fright. I look forward to meeting you some evening." Morvana comments warmly. "I see why you were so concerned Erúvellas, she is beautiful but there is something very special inside of her.

A short time later, after a few more cursory introductions, and some loud snoring from Dagoron, Lanni and Erúvellas were mounted up on his horse with the others and they began the trek back to the city.
They camped that night just off the road, and Lanni began to get to know Erudú and Morvana. She was smiling and laughing for the first time since Erúvellas had met her.
He watched her as she delighted in the conversation, and then when he noticed her getting worn, he gathered her up into his arms, and they slept curled up next to each other.

The following afternoon, the riders in front began blowing their horns. The sound made everyone jump, and then cries of joy went up from all present. They were home.

Erudú and Morvana stood up on their wagon, and looked at their city.

A contingent of riders is seen riding out of the city and at its head is Laraya the sister and aid to Morvana. "It is good to see you My Lord and Lady, welcome to Ost-in-Edhil. News of your condition had reached us and we were very concerned for your well being my Lord. There was relief and joy when we learned you were returning." Laraya bows slightly. "Thank you Laraya, it is good to finally be back. I had heard the news of the troubles you had with the orc raiding parties, from what I see you have defended the city well." Erudú complements her.

Horns sound out again as the column enters the city and many have turned out to watch and cheer the return of their Lord and Lady. Many wives and children come out of the crowd to walk along the side of their husband and fathers. Everything comes to a stop when they reach the central compound and are officially welcomed by Saer and Kale. Erudú gives Erúvellas leave from duty for several days and he wastes no in showing the plans for the city to Lanni and then takes her on a bit of a tour that ends in a scenic private spot away from the commotion and noise of the camp. Erudú and Morvana have only a little time for themselves which they spend in the privacy of their tent. A site is chosen for the new dwarf camp and orders are given to prepare the area for their arrival which should be in three days.

Later on in the day all the commanders and lords of Eregion along with Dagoron meet to discuss what has arisen during the absence of Erudú and Morvana and complete reports of all the goings on and military matters. Erudú introduces Sirion as Major-General of the Erusen Guard and the new Commander of the Eregion Ilmarin Mounted company. Then Erudú's attention turns to Dagoron who has managed to stay awake during the entire briefing and appears to be sober. "Now we come to our friend Dagoron." Dagoron looks around in stunned silence and tries to think of what he has done now besides the fire in the wagon. "Dagoron your I spoke with your King this morning and your name came up more than once." Erudú begins very serious and deliberate to cause the most distress for Dagoron he could. "Some of your dealings arose in the conversation and what you have done while in Eregion and of course your ale. I suggested that you should be your Kings Ambassador to Eregion and that you oversee your kinsmen and deal directly me as to their all their needs for as long as they live in Eregion. I can think of no one better suited to take on these two positions as you are. Welcome to Ost-in-Edhil
Mr. Ambassador." Erudú and Morvana both stand and bow and the other elves in follow their lead.

Erudú is exhausted and the meeting didn't end a moment to soon for him. Leaving the command tent Morvana and Erudú returned to their tent. Morvana helps Erudú to undress and lay on top of the bed. Sleep came to him quickly to Erudu and Morvana went out to take a good look at the defences.

[Edited on 25/2/2005 by Barahir1]
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 04:21
(Hi guys, remember me? I'm back from the dead! :wave: )

Siriel looked out upon the new city-in-progress and felt her breath catch in her throat. "I'm home....." she mumbled. Most of her life, she had had no home, and now it was here. She felt happiness welling up inside her and went running through the city, Derra trailing behind. Her first priority was to see if her horse was healing. She had left more than a week ago, on a trip that was supposed to only take three people, and now was returning with (not literally) half the city. She ran until she was breathless, skidding to a halt at the stables. Inside there was a figure, one that she recognized. "Sirion?" She asked. The figure turned his head. It was Sirion! "I heard that you arrived while we where still near Moria, but I didn't see you, you were most likely busy, now that you've been made 'Major-General'." "And Commander of the Eregion Ilmarin Mounted company." he replied. Siriel did a bow. "Well, then in the future I will have the honor of riding under your command?"

######################################

Good, Celon thought. Erudu is finally taking some time to rest. She had been cautious in saying too much to Morvanna, not wanting to cause her needless worry, or ignorant happiness. It was best to let Duath continue from there, Celon was not the same healer he was, and he was older with more experience. She was sure of one thing though, Erudu would never have the same arm, would never wield as good a sword. And his internal wound could be split open again if stressed too much. No, Erudu's place on the battlefield might just be retired.....to the relief of us all.

She decided to take a walk through the city and see all the familiar faces. On her walk she saw Lannorui. "Lannorui," she said shyly. "Have you been feeling better? I hope I 've done my job well enough."

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2005 08:28
Lanni stopped and looked when she heard her name. She saw the one who was speaking, and memories began coming back to her. "I know you. You are the one who fixed the hole in my side, when I was bedridden in Eruvellas's tent." She saw her nod, and said gratefully,"You did a wonderful job. It is almost completely healed, but Eruvellas makes me keep a bandage on it anyway." She rolled her eyes, and smiled. "I am glad it wasn't you that I punched, I would have felt terrible about that."
For all the smiling Lanni was doing lately, there was something missing from it. The light in her eyes no longer held the bright glow it once did. It seemed muted now, less the light of innocence, more the light of too many things seen that tarnished the way the world looked. She had fought against the darkness of denial that had threatened to swallow her completely, and had come through in one piece, but not unscarred.
She had not told Eruvellas, but she was having other visions, had been almost every moment since Sarnian and Eruvellas had brought her back. They were pieces and fragments, nothing solid or defined. Nothing that could be rightly called a vision. It was more like a puzzle, and over time, she would have to figure it out. She was afraid of what Eruvellas's reaction might be to it. He loved her so much, and she knew he wanted to protect her, and she could not be protected from this. This was a part of her, a part that had been hidden, but that made her more of who she was now, and who she was meant to be.
Whoever that is, she thought wryly. All she had ever been was Lannórui. Then she had become Eruvellas's Lanni. Now she knew that would be changing again, into what she did not know.
elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 01:27
(I apologize for the long absence...I'm losing track of the days!)

After seeing that Erudu was comfortable, Morvana left their tent to check on the defenses of the city. It felt good to be back in a place where she was needed and could call home now. It felt strange to her still to be able to call somewhere else "home". She always dreamed of spending the rest of her life in Lothlorien with her mother and father but like most dreams, they do not always turn out to be true and yet others are born anew with new beginnings. That was such the life Morvana had with Erudu, one she never thought would occur and yet was glad it did.

Morvana's soft blue dress dragged across the sweet, tender grass as she continued her travels, now not knowing where she was being led. Her eyes shot ahead of her as they caught the motion of a figure moving about the plains. It was Dulayna. Her black coat shown brilliantly against the sun as she slowed her pace to lower her head to the ground.

"I am still curious to know where that mare came from," said a voice from behind, Morvana discovering it to be Laraya. "Where she came from I am unsure of," replied Morvana, "I am still in wonderment of the kind of breed she is...her appearance suggests mearas but if that is to be true I don't know. She has proven to be a great companion while on our trip to Moria and am surprised on how such a wild creature can be so tame."

"Will you take her in as one of your own?" questioned Laraya, eyeing the creature with awe. "That is not up to me but to her. If Dulayna so chooses, she is most welcomed here." Morvana turned to her sister and gave her a weak smile, turning back her gaze on Dulayna. "Is something bothering you, my sister? You seem distant."

"No, Laraya," Morvana said simply but in her heart she knew she was lying. Questions kept racing through her mind about the future and what was to happen. Will they ever be free of Tartarus? Will there ever be peace again? What about the children of the future? Will Morvana ever be able to bear a child of her own without war being in the picture?

Disturbing her concentration, Laraya came to say, "Fairwen seems to be doing fine now. She is able to walk again and is spending plenty of her time with Palermo. Narlen is also up and about as his strength gathers once again. He asks to see you once you are available. That was my main purpose in seeking you out. He lies in his tent just over there," she concluded, pointing across to where the tent lied. "I will speak with you later, Morvana for I have been asked to see mother. If you need anything, let me know," and with that, Laraya left her sister to her own thoughts.

Several minutes went by before Morvana turned to leave, heading towards the tent of her dear friend. Upon arriving there, she asked if she could enter, hearing a response coming from inside, she made her way in. Narlen was sitting on his bed, a book in his hand. "You seem to be doing much better than when I had left you," complimented Morvana, coming to sit next to him. "Things are not always what they seem but I have improved," replied Narlen as he set his book aside.

"Well, as long as you are recovering properly and are in no pain, that is all that matters to me." They continued to talk, Morvana explaining her travels to Moria and what had happened to Erudu there. She informed Narlen of the newcomer to Eregion and how she and Eruvellas were becoming somewhat of an item. After an hour or so, Morvana stood up to leave, becoming weary all of a sudden. She kindly excused herself and went back to her tent.

She quietly stepped inside so as not to disturb her husband. Morvana walked over and knelt beside Erudu, kissing him on the forehead before settling in herself. Sleep would not come to her, Morvana's eyes staring off wishing they would be able to close. Her sword was lying in its sheath next to Erudu's, Morvana wishing she would be able to wield it again but only to be rid of their enemy, Tartarus.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was frighteningly cold where Morvana now stood. Ilumire was held tightly in her hand as she slowly began to walk forward. She wasn't sure what she was searching for but it was nearby. Cautiously, she turned the corner beside her and immediately a chill went up her spine. There ahead of her, with his back turned, stood Tartarus.

"I was beginning to wonder when you were to show up, Morvana," said Tartarus, his voice poison to her ears. "Why won't you face us, Tartarus? Are you afraid of admitting your own defeat? Come down from your hideout and fight us! Let us be rid of you so we may continue on in peace!"

"Why? So you may finally have what you most desire? A child is it so it may continue on in your footsteps as the next ruler of Eregion? You will never see it come to be. Death will be the only thing shadowing your world." "Not my death but yours," Morvana said, her anger rising, "Stay out of my thoughts!" With that, Morvana lifted Ilumire to Tartarus's neck, threatening him saying, "Either leave Middle Earth or endure the pain of my sword!"

Suddenly, the hilt of Ilumire began to become overwhelmed with heat, it burning Morvana's hand leading it to be dropped upon the ground. "I do not take orders from the likes of you, she-elf! You will soon see your own destruction!" Tartarus reached out for Morvana's neck, she becoming paralyzed and above all suffocating.

A blinding flash of light appeared in Morvana's eyes as it led her away from the vision. She immediately sat up, coughing and gasping for air. Her neck, though not severely, was bruised and her hand burned. Morvana was confused on how this had happened for it seemed just like a dream. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and placed her head in her hands. What was going to happen now? Morvana had only hoped that this disturbance didn't wake up Erudu.

[Edited on 27/2/2005 by elvenwood008]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 10:11
OOC A joint post by Iell-daughter-of-elves and Barahir1

In spite Erúvellas having no duties he found it difficult to remain away while a briefing was underway. Lanni chose to wander through the camp trying to familiarise herself with it and the people. "Here you, are I've been looking for you." Erúvellas comes up to Lanni taking her in his arms and kisses her. "I have an idea for you my dear, how about we take a bit of a ride into the hills. We could take something to eat and have a bit of a picnic. Eregion is a beautiful land and I know of a few spots where we could be alone and sit in the shade under majestic trees. It's not to far and I have some wine and a horse saddled. Could I interest you in something like that?" He asks her softly then bends down and kisses her passionately. "I know it short notice" He whispers in her ear and kisses sweeter and deeper than before.

Lanni put her arms around his neck and when they parted a little, she asked ,"Well, what are we waiting for, then?" and she laughed softly. She pulled his head back down and kisses him again. "I missed you, by the way." "As I did you." He gathered the wine and some food together, and they went to the horse. She mounted, and he slid easily up behind her. She leaned back into his chest and held the wine and food for him as he took the reins and guided the horse through the trees. As the horse moved, Lanni's hair swayed back and forth with the motion of the horse, brushing against Erúvellas's chest. They could smell the sweet grass and the woodland flora as they rode, and it was intoxicating to them both. He pulled the reins to turn the horse into a secluded area, almost completely surrounded by trees. There were majestic oaks, maples and birch in an almost complete circle around a patch of brilliant emerald green grass. Lanni gasped when she saw it. She had never seen anything so beautiful.

Erúvellas slid down off Gwaren and landed on the soft grass. He turns and reaches up as Lanni slides down he catches her in his arms and drew her close to him and kisses her. Gwaren wonders off leaving the two of them alone. They turn and look at the forested lands before them and the several lakes that dot the area. "I could never have imagined such a site as this, Eregion is beautiful." Lanni is in awe. Erúvellas steps back several paces away from Lanni and looks at her beauty. "What are you doing?" She says with a giggle. She moves to take a step but Erúvellas stops her. "No, just stay right there." He looks at her taking in everything. She wears a sleek long white dress, her hair lays over one shoulder and her eye's sparkle. Her lips twitch as she begins to giggle. "What are you doing?" She asks again. "I'm taking you in so that I will never forget this day or this moment. I love you Lanni more than I ever thought one could love another." She looks up at him and sees the sparkle in his eye's. She kisses him and then the two of them look at the land of Eregion that spreads out before them.

"Eregion is my new home Lanni but I am still a Prince of the Mirkwood. I have obligations I must keep and being a Commander in Eregion's army is one of those obligations but there are others. I say this so that you might understand me a little better and if this concerns you I will understand.
I understand Erúvellas and you need not have any concern for that. The two of them hold each other close and kiss. A tear rolls down Erúvellas's cheek and Lanni wipes it away. They both sit on the soft grass and lay back in each other's arms.

For several minutes, no words pass between them, and then Erúvellas pulls her against him and whispers, "In the sight of the Valar, I commit myself to you." Lanni whispers back, "And I commit myself to you, in the sight of the Valar." They embrace and join together in a perfect union, blessed by the gods of old.

After a while, the two of them lay there, their hearts beating together. Lanni traced her fingers over Erúvellas's jaw and to his lips, and she said softly, "I love you, my husband." He smiled at her and kissed her, saying afterwards," And I love you, my wife."

Although the food and wine went untouched, neither felt hungry. They gathered their things, and mounted Gwaren again, heading this time, to the place that was their new home, where their lives together was just beginning.

The return ride to the city was a slow one with several stops along the way. They spent time holding each other, sitting with each other strolling barefoot on the grass and in a stream. They rode through the city gate and even the guards saw something different in them. The Valar blessed their union and those who understood well the old ways could see that their hand had been on the two of them. "Where to first?" Lanni asked as they rode into the core of the city. "Erudú and Morvana will have to be told but the rest of them can gossip until the announcement is made." Erúvellas comments. "Announcement?" Lanni says not quite sure of what he meant. "Oh yes there will be a grand announcement made. All Eregion will be assembled and the horns will sound. There we will be announced for Eregion has a new Princess. Things will be somewhat different for us now." Erúvellas explains

They come up to the tent of Erudú and Morvana and Súlimo stands outside. Erúvellas dismounts and reaches up and helps Lanni down. They kiss and Erúvellas can tell she is nervous. They walk up to Súlimo. "Súlimo my friend." Erúvellas says looking directly at Súlimo. May we see the Lord and Lady of Eregion?" Erudú and Morvana both come out of the tent without being summoned looking quite pleased. "Erúvellas, Lanni." Erudú says as both he and Morvana bow. "What can we do for you my cousin and my friend?" Erúvellas and Lanni return the bow. "My Lord, my Lady, Lanni and I have joined and become husband and wife according to the ways and customs of the Eldar. I would like to ask if you would please make the proclamation in the manner and customs of our people. Erudú and Morvana both acknowledge their union and offer their blessings and congratulations to the couple. With the formalities done Erúvellas and Lanni are embraced by Erudú, Morvana, and Súlimo and then take their leave.

They enter their new tent, and make sure all of their belongings are there, and then a thought occurs to Lanni. "Erúvellas?"
"Yes? Something wrong?"
"Well not really wrong but..we really should go see Sarnian. He is my ada, and he really should be told by us, not by Erudú when he makes the announcement."
"True. Would you like to go now?"
She hesitates. "Yes. I think we should."
He pulls her to her feet. "Then let's go, my love."

Sarnian was waiting for them when they arrived. His aid was conspicuously absent. Lanni opened her mouth to speak, and Sarnian stood and hugged his daughter to him, and clasped Erúvellas's arm. "You are now my son, and I could not be happier that my daughter found you."
Lanni looked at him and was going to ask, but Sarnian shook his head. "I knew the moment you committed to each other, child. We are connected. I will always know what happens with you."

After celebrating for a bit with Sarnian, the two returned to their tent. When they walked in, they found Súlimo standing next to their marriage bed.

"Súlimo?" Erúvellas asks surprised to see him inside their tent. "Erúvellas, Lanni, I was asked to give these items as a gift from one who wishes you well. But first I was asked to bring you this message. Son of the Eldar, it is with joy that your union to Lannórui a daughter of the Noldor was received. Lannórui that which you freely gave away may be returned to you as a gift from the Valar unto the daughter one of the first born. Noble is thy blood and long has it been so but in but this was kept from you. You have now joined with a Noble son of the Eldar and now your lives and blood has mingled, you are now one in their sight, your gift is returned to you. Súlimo then pulls a large cloth off several small pieces of furniture, chairs, table and lamps. The Lady Galadriel and Lord Elrond send their compliments and congratulations. Súlimo bows and as he leaves the tent he stops beside Erúvellas. "I'm happy for you Erúvellas."

Erúvellas is a little confused and looks at Lanni. "Did you understand what Súlimo was talking about?" "Yes my love, I did." She takes a deep breath and says "Erúvellas, I once loved a mortal man. I loved him so much I thought I could not live without him. So I gave him the one gift I could outside of marriage. I gave up my immortality to be with him, he died the night after I gave it up for him, in a battle. For he was a Rohirrim, and his life was all about battles. I gave up my immortality and had his life taken away in the next instant." She holds his hand. "What Súlimo is saying, Erúvellas, is that through you I have been given that gift back. That no more do I face the mortality of a human, but I am blessed once again with the grace given Elves. I will not die a mortal death."

[Edited on 28/2/2005 by Barahir1]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 01:33
Tinueth rode toward Eregion slowly, taking her time. Now that she knew the location of the one she had grow up with, she knew it would not be too long till they were reunited. It had been a long time, and many battles and personal situations had sprung up, keeping each of them busy in their own worlds, but now the two old friends would be together again, and this time Tinueth had no intention of being left behind.

[Edited on 1/3/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 05:21
Erudú rolled out of bed and looked at Morvana as he poured water into the basin. She said nothing and didn't seem to notice him. He was worried that Tartarus has of late chosen Morvana to torment. Erudú sits beside her and pulls the basin to him. Neither of them says anything for there is no need to they understand the others thoughts. He takes her hand and baths it in the cold water soothing the burn. "You are not alone in this Morvana but why does he torment you alone? He has grown weak and can no longer face both of us and so he chooses the elleth and not the ellon because he is a coward." Erudú lifts her hand out of the water and dries it off. "Look at your hand". Morvana looks at her and there is no burn to be seen. "How is this Erudú I felt the hilt of Ilumire burn in my hand and I saw the burn on my flesh and heard the blade hit the floor." She says astonished. Erudú moves the basin aside and reaches for Ilumire and hands it to her. " Ilumire is here and not on the floor of his cave as he had shown you. When he comes to you call for me, and should he come to me I shall call you and with the two of us there he will flee. All he has for now is trickery. He tries to rebuild his army but the Dunlendings will no longer send their men to be slaughtered in a pointless war that they see as pointless. Trickery is all he has and through it he tries to feign that he is still mighty. Soon we will again redouble our effort to find the hole he cowers in and you have my word that and I shall do nothing alone or foolhardy. My place is with you, beside you.

With his one good arm Erudú folds down the collar of her gown and looks to see if the bruising is still there. "Your neck is as beautiful and unmarked as the day we met." He leans in and kisses it several times then kisses her tenderly. My dream for our children is that they grow in a land not under the shadow of war but right now I cannot give them that and it may yet be years before the last remnant of Sauron is destroyed. Our people live with hope and what better hope can we give them than to bear our own children. Your dream of a family is also mine and I will be here for you and for them. Do not allow Tartarus to cast a shadow on your dreams."

Morvana gasps slightly and looks at Erudú and smiles. "Erúvellas and Lanni." She comments. Erudú smiles for he too has felt it. "They are wed." Erudú says surprised. "I expected it but not so soon." "I am happy for them." Morvana says. "As am I." Erudú replies. "We have a new member of the family and Eregion has a Princess. I think we should plan on a feast."
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 10:33
OOC This is another joint post by Iell-daughter-of-elves and Barahir

Erudú left Morvana sleeping quietly and went to wander in the dark trying to clear his mind and understand what steps he should take next. Eregion was still under threat yet its people had seen so much death and pain they deserved more than a tent city. He had decided early on to build homes for the warriors' families and he would stay true to that but what next. Eregion was also suffering but not as badly as Tartarus. Should he again raise the battle cry or allow his people time to heal and enjoy this peace?

Lanni woke with a start. She knew she was lying safely in bed next to Erúvellas, but she was not seeing that. She as seeing a city burning, a malignant force coming towards her... She sat up and gently moved Erúvellas's arm from where it was wrapped around her waist, and then waited a moment with bated breath as he shifted and mumbled in his sleep, then rolled over. She got up and slipped on her robe, and went and peeked out the flap of the tent. She saw no one, so she slipped out into the dark, walking around and trying to figure out what the vision meant. Was it the past trying to tell her something or was it the future of Eregion? She didn't know, and she didn't know how she was going to figure it out. She needed help, but Erúvellas was so leery about her having the visions that he was not going to be able to do anything for her.

He wandered away from the encampment into an area where the stars shone brightly and pondered the many questions in his mind. He sat against a section of walling that once housed a magnificent library and looked at the stars unaware that he was not alone.

She walked to an area bathed in moonlight and starshine, and she stepped up onto the stone and began to walk along, looking at the sky and thinking. She didn't see Erudú sitting with his back against the wall she was walking on.

There was the ringing sound of a blade being removed from its sheath as Erudú stood and faced whoever it was that had crept up on him. The look of shock must have been equal on the face of each of them. "Lanni, please forgive me I had no idea you were out here." Erudú quickly sheaths his dagger. "I thought I was alone. Come and sit with me, I know so little of you and now you're a member of our family and we are very pleased to have you here with us." He notices that she is clad only in a thin night-gown and a light robe, so Erudú took off his jacket and laid over her shoulders when he sees a shiver go through her. "What brings you out at such a late hour?" Erudú asks.

[Edited on 1/3/2005 by Barahir1]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 03:16
Lanni sat down and started talking. She explained to him that she had been woken up out of a sound sleep by a vision. "I can't tell Eruvellas about them, because he will not understand. I can understand that, I mean, he almost lost me because of a vision, but ever since he and Sarnian brought me out, I have been having them almost consistently. That would only worry him so I have said nothing. It is not easy as it sounds."
Erudu put his arm around her soulders. "I understand, Lanni. I don't think you should feel guilty about it. I know my cousin well, and I know how much he loves you. He has every right to be anxious and worried, but I can see your point about not wanting to worry him. I think when it comes to you, one could consider my cousin obsessed." They laughed and then Lanni got quiet. Erudu looked at her. "Are you okay?"
"I am fine Erudu. I am still here, but I can see something. Something dark. Watching us approach the city. It withdrew, but it is waiting, and still watching." She sighed. "It's gone. I'm sorry. I know that somehow I am supposed to be able to use the things see, but that's all they are is little bits and pieces of things. Totally useless."
Erudu looked thoughtful. Now it was lanni's turn to be concerned. "Erudu? Erudu..." She turned his face toward her, and he suddenly shook his head slightly and smiled at her. "I was just thinking."
"About?"
"About how this could turn out to be not so useless after all, my cousin."
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 05:51
Erudú and Lanni spoke for quite sometime during which Lanni had told him of her life in Lorien. She had many questions of Erudú and one was of how he and Morvana came to be together, and what did he envision Eregion would become. Lanni had several visions during this time ands shared what she saw with Erudú and some could be partially understood and others were to short or could not be seen clearly.

The dawn was now not far off and Lanni wished to return to her husband before he would wake and be concerned for her. They walked together to her new home which for now was a tent. "I'm sorry Lanni we don't have a grand home for you just yet but soon we will see the work begin and with the dwarves arriving in three days it won't be long before you walk on floors of marble." Two figures in the dark moved and it gave Lanni a fright. Erudú looks over his shoulder "Those two are never far from me, they are as shadows and after awhile you forget they are there. You shall also have two shadows that accompany you and they will be posted outside of your tent. I'm sorry Lanni but we are still at war with Tartarus and until he is defeated and joins his old master Sauron we must take every precaution to keep the leadership and our people safe. Now go to your husband before he wakes and sees you missing. I have enjoyed our conversation and feel free to speak with me anytime you are troubled by the visions you see." Erudú gives her a hug and she kisses him on his cheek. "Thank you my Lord." She says. "I will have to make sure that I remember how to address you and Lady Morvana, this is all so different from what I am use to."

Erudú walks to the command tent and finds Gandalf there much to his surprise. "She does not yet understand what she sees but that will come in time." Gandalf says as Erudú walks into the tent. "You know of what she spoke Erudú." Gandalf tells him as a matter of fact. "I believe I do Gandalf and if left unchecked her vision will come to pass. I thought Tartarus was a spent force and only time stood between us and his final destruction, but I think I was wrong and she without knowing of what she spoke gave me a grave warning. What she sees could one day show us where Tartarus hides or where he tries to regroup." Erudú looks over the maps and tries to find a spot where he would regroup if he were in Tartarus's position.

The sun comes up in the east and begins to warm the morning air. Erudú calls all his captains and commanders to him in the command tent. "I have received information that Tartarus rebuilds his army but it will not have they strength they once did. None the less the threat is still considerable and in three days the dwarves will arrive and Prince Faramir will be here in five days and I want no surprises. I want the best scouts we have to fan out and find where Tartarus builds this new army. I want the city and all our forces on a war footing, prepare that we may be assailed at anytime and see to it that all the defences are rebuilt and sound. This is not a mere whim gentlemen it is fact, and unless we are prepared and ready there will be fires raging through out this city and our lands.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 03:55
Lanni was sitting in a chair, reading when Eruvellas came back in. He came over and kissed her, rather brusquely, and she wondered at that.
"What is it, my love?"
"Nothing, I am sorry." Eruvellas came over and kissed her again, this time with considerable desire and tenderness. Lanni smiled at him when they were finished and said, "Now do you want to tell me what is wrong? I know there is something."
Eruvellas shook his head slowly. "I do not, for I fear the reaction you might have."
Lanni snapped the book shut and stood, flipping her hair over one shoulder. She tossed the book down on the bed and headed for the tent flap."Fine then. If you will not tell me, then I will go talk to one I know will."
"Lanni, wait!" He pulled her back and into his arms. "I am sorry, but I am afraid that hearing this would cause you grief. But if you insist, I will tell you myself. Eregion prepares for war, even as we begin the rebuilding."
Lanni looked at him with warmth in her blue eyes."Eruvellas, I do not fear the visions anymore. I know that all can change." She reached up and kissed him. "Now tell me everything that Erudu said. I am your wife, and deserve to know what my husband and I will face with the other inhabitants of the city."
Eruvellas told his wife everything, pacing the tent, and didn't notice the look on Lanni's face.
A little while later, as Eruvellas was talking to some of the men in his regiment, Lanni was dealing with the news of war in a different way. She went to Erudu's tent.
"So, cousin, when were you going to tell me about the meaning of that vision?" Her voice startled Erudu, and he turned to look at her from the map he was looking at. She didn't look happy. "Lanni.."
"Don't 'Lanni' me, my Lord. I think I had a right to know, seeing as how at least part of your information came from me, to know about it firsthand, not find out from my husband." She walked toward him.
"Lannórui, if I thought that it would benefit the situation, I would have told you. I did not want you to panic and think of the possibility of Eruvellas being lost to you."
"And how does having him tell me change what I might think?"
Erudu turned to face her. "I was not thinking of that, only the immediate concern for your well-being last night. Had I asked you then, what I ask you now, I wonder if your answer would be the same."
She studied Erudu's eyes and waited.
"I need someone to help me to guide the men on where to search for Tartarus's army. Your sight can help me with that. Would you be willing to become an aid to me in this? It would however, have to mean telling Eruvellas about your visions." He said softly. "And for that, I will be at your side. Now, you can think about it..."
"Yes." Lanni looked up at her."I do not need to think about it, my Lord. This gift is meant to aid the good people of Eregion, I know it is, and the only way I can do that is to help." She smiled at Erudu, and he kissed her forehead.
"Thank you, Lanni. Now let's go break the news to your husband that his beautiful wife has joined the military."
"Absolutely not!" Eruvellas stared incredulously at his cousin and his wife. "She just got better and you want her to put her life at risk again? And you..how could you even think of doing this?"
Erudu sighed, "Eruvellas, there is no other way."
"Then find one, my Lord. I will not risk my wife."
Lanni stepped forward. "Eruvellas, my love, listen to me."
"No." He turned to her alone, his eyes blazing."Don't you realize, Lannórui, that if you can see him, he could possibly see you as well?"
She stepped back in shock. He had not used her formal name in some time.
Erudu said quietly, "Perhaps he already knows of her, Eruvellas. Perhaps he has known since the two of you met."
"What are you talking about?" Eruvellas snapped, still glaring at his wife.
"Well, if he can get into Morvana's head, what makes you think he cannot know what is inside of yours? If he already knows of her, then the greater risk would be to stand by and do nothing. He knows you command my armies. He will use anything he can against you, my cousin, anything that means anything to you can become a target. So you would rather stand idly by and let your wife, the greatest love you have, to be a helpless target."
Lanni looked at Eruvellas, then at Erudu. "That is unacceptable." She said quietly. "I will not allow it for myself. Eruvellas, you are my husband, my love, and I would do anything you ask, but this. I will not back down, and I will not allow events to take place without doing something about them. If you cannot abide by that, my husband, then perhaps the man I met and the man I married are not one in the same." She turned to Erudu. "I shall be available to you whenever you have a need for me, my Lord."
With that, she stormed out of the tent.
"Lanni." Eruvellas started after her. Erudu stopped him. "Let her go, Eruvellas. She needs time."
<< First1213141516
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email