Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1112131415Last >>
Author Topic:
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Eregion *need new ppl, pm to join* (KEEP)
on: July 24, 2004 09:20
“Where is that blasted Erudu? I have a question ter ask em…” he said to himself, no one was listening to him any ways “and will someone get me a wagon! With a horse on it ter!” a battle weary elf walked by him with a mean scowl on his face. “Fine!” he said “I’ll get it me self!” he said, his face turning quite red with anger. Storming over to a nearby wagon he hops up and looks inside, it was full with swords and armor. “drat…” he said. Getting a twisted grin on his face he looked around and unhinged the back, climbed up, and pushed all of the swords and armor out of it and made a giant crashing noise. Squinting he gave a demented laugh and hopped out and rolled the kegs one by one and placed them in the wagon and closed it up.

He walked over to a rather large wooden bar that had numerous horses tied to it. ht picked the one that looked the strongest, it probably hadn’t been used in the latest battle either, and led it over to where his wagon waited. Quickly hitching the horse to the wagon he climbed up in the seat and set the horse into a steady trot heading to the center of the city, he heard rumors of what had happened to Erudu but he needed to see for sure.

Getting to the place where the original party was to be planned and before unloading the kegs he walked over to a medical tent where Erudu was supposedly healing. Slowly he walked in and saw Morvana crouched over a slumbering Erudu. “Is he… will he be okay?” he asked in both a gruff and concerned voice. “I wished to ask him a question but, he needs his rest, perhaps you could grant me a favor Lady Morvana…” he said, with the most polite voice that has ever came out of his mouth. “you see I wish to go to my birth place, Moria… the dwellings of the place have been replenished after the balrog, Durin’s bane has been slain.” Morvana didn’t move through out all of this, she seemed very sad over Erudu’s condition. “my kin once had an alliance with the elves of Eregion, I would like to restore the bond between our kind… the dwarves will build magnificent gates to Eregion, they will help the rebuilding of this land and greatly help fortify it… this is what I ask…” he spoke slow and clear so he could clearly get what he was saying out.

Dagoron stopped and for the first time in a while stayed quiet for a long time as Morvana thought about what he had just said. Breaking the silence he said “I’ll leave you to your thoughts… I await your decision outside… g’ day m’ lady…” he exited the tent and walked over to his wagon and slumped down, “so the rumors are true…” he said as he stared into the forest.
elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 04:53
Morvana continued to stay by Erudu's bedside, not wanting to leave him. Hearing the shrieks of the Nazgul would make any being weak but Erudu was stronger than that...now the most important thing for him was to rest.

Dag came into the tent a little while later, proposing an idea to Morvana about a wondrous entrance of remarkable brilliance. She herself did not see any problem with this but with Erudu resting, she could not give Dag a proper answer. The little dwarf soon departed from the tent, leaving Morvana to ponder even more at his offer.

Finally, Morvana rose from the bed, heading outside the tent to find Dag who happened to be standing right outside the tent. "My dear friend, much has occurred these past few days...our battle is won and we go to celebrate our victory in our city. Unfortunately, Erudu cannot and therefore with him down and resting, I am unable to give you a straight answer. I myself see no problem with your offer but I cannot make this decision alone. It wouldn't be right without Erudu knowing and putting his input on the matter. I am sorry, Dag, but I assure you that I will see to it that your plans are met. I will give you an answer once Erudu is up and moving about. Now, I believe there is an arrangement you must see to..."

The dwarf smiled happily and bowed saying, "I await your answer, Lady Morvana. See you at the celebration!" Hopping back on his wagon, Dag makes his way to the center of the city. Morvana smiled but knew that she was not going to attend the festivities tonight...her place was with her husband by his side.

Time passed by slowly, Morvana sitting in a nearby chair at the end of Erudu's bed; she lost in a daze. She couldn't help but to relive the battle, seeing herself fighting by Laraya and Erudu's side. Flashes came and went of Narlen falling, Morvana feeling pain from the blade that came down across her arm. She witnessed Narlen's supposed passing then going in an anger rage, not remember much that happened then.

But her eyes suddenly came in contact with Erudu's cut on his throat. There was something very peculiar about how he had received it and what he wasn't telling her. Morvana didn't know why she kept getting the feeling that she was somehow involved and this time she couldn't push it out of her mind. Her dagger! She couldn't remember when she had used it on the battlefield but Erudu had handed it back to her in a weird fashion.

Morvana instantly pulled out her dagger from its sheath, scanning the blade closely. She searched for a time but could not come across any trace of blood, not even at the tip of the blade. Seeing this, she placed the dagger back in its scabbard, driving the thought of ever bringing harm to Erudu out of her mind.

Moments later, Laraya comes in the tent wishing to have a word with her sister. They both leave to talk outside of the tent, Laraya saying, "Morvana, everyone is looking for you. They are about to start the celebration of our well-earned victory in battle. Are you not going to join in the festivities in your city tonight?" "Laraya, I am sorry but you may tell them that I am looking over my husband's health tonight. You go on ahead and enjoy yourself! This night belongs to you and the many others who were willing to sacrifice their lives."

"And this night belongs to you as well! My dearest sister, you haven't had time to yourself or have you had fun since you arrived here! Please just do me and your people the honor in joining us tonight...they all expect to see you there," persuaded Laraya. Morvana looked back at the tent, her husband still tied to his bed. She sighed and replied, "Alright, but I need to arrange for Erudu to be taken back to the city. He shall rest in his tent tonight."

The arrangements were seen to that soon enough, Erudu was transferred back into the city with Morvana and Laraya not far behind. Once he was placed in his bed, Laraya took Morvana out into the center of the city where everyone was gathered. The smell of ale and the sound of music filled the air, welcoming all whom wished to celebrate out the night.

"There you are my Lady! Come, have a drink!" said Dag as he handed Morvana a tankard of ale. "But I am not familiar with this drink...never before has this touched my lips," replied Morvana, she looking into the glass at the swirling liquid. Dag's face was full of shock hearing Morvana's last statement. "Well," he finally said, "there is always a first time for everything! Drink up and enjoy! And 'ere is one for the lovely Lady next to you."

Morvana looked to her sister, she herself holding a tankard and smiled taking the first sip. Laraya did it, might as well try. Morvana thought and cautiously swallowed the foreign drink. "Not as bad once you get use to the sour taste!" she said. Laraya laughed and pulled her sister by the arm to a circle nearby where people were dancing. Taking one last sip, they lowered their glasses on a near table and took to the ring.

Morvana began to recall long ago when they used to dance in Lothlorien...the sweet music and the laughing...memories that she would cherish forever! Suddenly, a finger tapped Morvana's shoulder, she spinning around quickly to see whom it was. Sulimo was standing behind Morvana and asked, "Sorry to cut in but may I have this dance with Lady Laraya? Erudu insisted that I come here and join in this celebration. It's no use going to see him, he fell asleep as soon as I left," Sulimo said when he saw the expression on Morvana's face.

Morvana nodded and Sulimo took Laraya by the hand, leading her in dancing. They were enjoying their time together Morvana could tell...she went to retrieve her drink and sat down in a chair, staring off at the others at the party.
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 01:22
Krys stretched and moved trying to get rid of the muscle cramp in his shoulder.....

Just get up..... trust me it will be worth it....

Hir Saer?

Just come outside..... we are taking a much needed break and celebration before we challenge Tartarus again.....

ok....

Krys changed to cleaner clothes....... dress clothes were not in his tent or possesion..... and stepped outside..... and blushed furiously....

You could have warned me Hir nin....

Why and have you never come out?

But she's pretty!

You are clean and in one piece in the middle of an elven army..... thats a miracle!

But...no buts.... I'll see both of you at the celebration.... I need to go see Anguron and Siriel.... and Duath......

"But?!....."

Keli laughed.....

"Come on Krys.... relax......"

I don't care what you look like.... you are here and safe with me.....

Although I wish you hadn't hurt your hands...

Keli turned his hands over....... and touched the scratches and cuts where he'd broken chair slats in panic.....

"I couldn't hear Sunthorne.... I was afraid for you........... and I knew you couldn't hear me....."

Keli hugged him.....

I can hear you anytime..... Once we spoke to each other...you can always find me...... and talk to me...... and I want you to....

Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 11:03
Siriel crouched beside her cot, then slowly and skillfully snuck out of the healer's tent. Once she was back to her own tent, she changed into a dress, all ready for the party. They weren't going to keep her from the celebrations, the first she'd been to in a long while. It was also the first dress she had worn in a long while, and it was nothing fancy, made simple for the sumer days. She was not surprised to see that all of her weapons had been returned to her tent. Her wounds she knew were going to be slow to heal, and scars fade only slightly, but she was stitched up well for the moment.

The celebration was wonderful, with lanterns and people singing in dancing, elves and men, and even a dwarf. Spotting the lone dwarf, she walked over to Dagoron, who was apparenty ejoying himself with his ale. "Hullo Dag, Morvanna, Laraya." She said, slightly bowing her head to each one. Celon was also there, out of the healer's tent, like her, for a break. "Hey there you are! Aren't you supposed to be in th-" Siriel turned to run, so Celon relented. "Oh I guess it's fine. If you could walk here, chances are that you are healing properly."

Dagoron lifted a cup of ale to Celon. "Aye, try it laddie; you at least can enjoy the beauty of ale!" Siriel only gave a low growl and walked over to talk to Bessain. "Well, thanks for not forgetting me out there....for the second time in a row! I must be losing my edge, after what has happened in this war."

Meanwhile, Celon gulped down her second cup of ale...
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 03:19
Súlimo finally left the tent and Erudú opened his eyes again. The aroma of roasting meats and the sound of music and dancing poured into the tent. The music and laughter were almost enough to drag Erudú out of bed but his head pained him still. He would close his eyes and try to let the celebration flood over him but when his eyes close all he could see was the lake of green he had seen outside of Tartarus's cave entrance in a small valley below. He tried to remove it from his mind but it drove out everything else no matter how hard he tried to push it away just for now, just so he to could enjoy the sounds coming in from outside but it was to no avail.

Slowly he sat himself up and looked around the tent, it was good to be back here in spite of it being a tent. His boots were by his bedside set out and cleaned just as Súlimo had left them. He pulled on his boots and put on a shirt that was laid out. He ran his fingers through his hair and touched the scare from Morvana's dagger and winced. The wound even though it happened the day before was still very raw. He pulled on a clean shirt and strapped on his dagger. He had to do this and until it was done he would find no rest unless it came from one of Duath's elixirs. He slowly stepped outside of the tent and stood between the two guards either side of the doorway.

"My Lord" The two guards said. "My Lord the Lady Morvana gave us instructions that you were to rest and not be disturbed." The guard told him.

"Ah did she indeed" Erudú replies. "I take it then she instructed you that I was not to leave without her knowledge?" Erudú asked knowing Morvana would watch over him closely to ensure he did nothing to threaten his recovery.

The guard looked uncomfortable as he answered. "Yes my Lord"

"Ah I see" Erudú replies. "Well then one of you will come with me to ensure nothing happens and the other will remain here." Erudú and the guard kept to the shadows as he walks around the rear of several tents then crosses the causeway and arrives at the rear of the command tent. He moves to the front and when no one sees he quickly steps inside the command tent with the guard and walks into Gandalf.

"What in the devil are you doing here" Gandalf snaps at him before Erudú can react. "You are to be resting, that was no mere bump on the head you took. That hair brain plan of yours to confront Tartarus, it nearly killed you! Of all the stupid things to do that was the worst Erudú Sorontur!"

"What is all this fuss over, I have been wounded before and this time is no different. Am I a prisoner in my own land. Erudú replies sternly now tiring of all the fuss to confine him.

"Go and find Lady Morvana and Súlimo and bring them here!" Gandalf orders the guard. "and no one else is to come in here. Erudú sit down!" An angered Gandalf orders him.

"NO" Erudú shouts and stands angered.

The guard stops not sure what to do. The pain in Erudú's head surges and his legs grow weak. First the left leg buckles and then his right causing him to fall into Gandalf who catches him and sits him down.

"Go and find Lady Morvana and your Lords aid swiftly." Gandalf again asks the guard but not in anger. "Erudú have you learned nothing in all that I have told you?"

"You have been such a blessing to us Gandalf and again here you are picking up the pieces that I have created in my relentless drive. Were it not for you and your council there would be no Eregion, this much I do know. I have never done the things that now are before me and I sometimes wonder if I can do what is set before. I have wandered the lands alone to long."

"This is your time to lead Erudú and I know that to be true but you can not do these things alone. Had you confronted Tartarus with Morvana the result may have been quite different. You forget that you are only one half of the leadership, Morvana is the other. I have told you this several times but this you must now understand for my time here is very nearly ended. The two of you are becoming as one. You now know the each others thoughts and speak freely with out voice and without knowingly trying. Morvana knew instinctively where you were when you fell and she to heard the shout of the Nazgúl once you opened your mind to her. You cannot fight as you once did, you now have a strength that few of your kind have ever wielded outside of the Blessed Realm, and you still grow even stronger but none of this will benefit you unless you do it with Morvana by your side." Gandalf is cut off by the entry of Morvana and Súlimo.

"Erudú what have you done to yourself,….. why did you do this?" She asks as she comes to him.

"I couldn't rest, every time I closed my eyes I saw it no matter what I did it was always there." He tells her.

"What was there, what did you see" Morvana asks him

"The lake, the green lake…….I tried to tell you I saw it but you didn't understand me. I must know where it is because that's where we will find him, he hides near a green lake in the mountains near to us but I know of no such lake in the hills here about. I just wanted to find it nothing more than that."

Before Morvana can say anything Gandalf speaks up again. "Morvana the hills you saw in your vision do you remember them?"

"Yes I remember them clearly." She tells Gandalf.

Gandalf suddenly becomes quite serious and unrolls a map of the region "Do you know from what direction you were looking?"

"Yes it was from the south." She replies

"Erudú from where were you looking?" He asks.

"From the south also." Erudú replies.

"and the two shall become one." Gandalf mutters. "Yes with the sight of the two we will get one picture looking from the south. Morvana you know this region better than anyone I know, now think have you ever come across a small green lake surrounded by the mountains you saw, think Morvana think hard." Gandalf turns to Erudú. "Do you see it Erudú, you saw the lake and the valley it was in and your wife saw the mountains behind it. Had both of you been in Tartarus's lair and seen what you did you would have known where he is. When the two of you work together in all things you will a mighty force and when your generals stand with you there will be little that you cannot overcome." Gandalf smiles broadly. "You see Keliastral has also grown in might and ability because of the hidden force in this land and the Dragons Tear and those who are close to you will also grow in strength and ability." Gandalf pauses for a moment and looks as though he has just realised something and then a broad smile crosses his face. Morvana interrupts his thought.

"Here, it is right here I know the place. Tartarus choose his lair well, it is very remote and difficult to get to. He will see us before we get within two leagues of it. There is no chance that we can get to him in force." Morvana has a sound of bitterness and defeat in her voice.

"There is always a way my dear." Gandalf tells her. "All you need to do is find it and understand what must be done. You may only drive him from his lair but it will make him more vulnerable when he moves or his next lair may not be as difficult to find and overcome. If nothing else it will make it much more difficult for him to command his forces. Do you understand what I am saying?" Both Morvana and Erudú now understand and see what must they must do with much more clarity.

"I see it now Gandalf, my eyes have been opened. We owe you much my friend." Erudú now realises and understands the greater picture of what is before them. He makes a comment to Morvana which none other hear. She turns and smiles broadly at him.

Gandalf came to Erudú and lays his hands upon his head and mutters a prayer in a tongue that none of them understand. When he is done all the pain in Erudú's head is gone but his body is weary. "No more shall the two of you suffer in such a manner by the hand of Tartarus. But beware of the weapon he now uses, the black breath, it is as powerful now as in the days of his master. We are done here for now, Tartarus will wait until the celebration is done and all are properly rested and that includes you Erudú."

They leave the tent as a group and walk through the crowd speaking with anyone who had a word for them. Erudú sees Keli across the courtyard with Krys both looking very happy, he pauses and looks at her pleased that she seems to be so truly happy for once, pleased that she has found Krys. Súlimo aids Erudú as he returns to the tent. He had insisted that Morvana stay with the people and he dismissed Súlimo once at the tent. Inside he removed his boots and lay back enjoying the music as he drifted off.
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 07:16
Well thanks for not getting me out there… for the second time in a row!

Bessain just laughed. Siriel was starting to annoy her, with her strange battle tactics (constantly returning to the healing tent).

Eregion would be whole soon, and Bessain would have to make a few apologizes, one going towards Morvana. When Bessain and Morvana had first met, a few words were exchanged that should not have been. Such as: Elves were once welcomed in these lands, never again shall I see such welcome.

Morvana’s arrow shaft had, in fact, been pointed harmfully in Bessain’s direction. But that was long said and done. Welcome… the word was commonly known in these lands…now. Looking around at the dancing, visiting, and drunken ramblings, Bessain prayed that her statement would forever prove false (that’s saying a lot for Bess).

Welcome… there was much of that here. The thought of staying here had crossed Bessain’s thoughts for the first time, and she quickly fought to keep it out. Her ties to anything, besides her brother, had been severed for her when she arrived in Eregion. The tie between her and her brother was slightly frayed. He could take care of himself after the fight for Eregion was over; she had little to do with him. There bloodlines may interfere a bit, but that really didn’t matter to her.

Dagoron pushed a tankard toward her. Bessain was well aware that it was not ale… knowing Dagoron, he probably made it himself. He always did. She pushed away the foreign drink, and switched to the wine that had been brought in from Imladris.

The night was cool, the music moving, and there was no war to be fought at the moment. Bessain leaned back in her chair, to the point where it was balancing on two legs, and propped her boots up on a tree stump. Having nothing to do at all, was actually enjoyable. She reviewed the events of the day, and reminded herself that she’d have to throw that deer carcass in Dhae’s tent. It had been awhile since she had last tortured him.
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 07:54
Celon had little experience with ale, and no experience with the sour tasting liquid Dagoron had given her. The elf was now struggling just to keep her feet. "Dagoron, stop spinniiiiing... " Everything was spinning now, some of what was, and some things that she knew should not be spinning. Like the rest of the world. Finding a seat, she tried to clear her head, when Dagoron asked to play a drinking game.

How could you possibly get more drunk than this, Celon?

Arrow, is that you?

Yes. You know, you couldn't hear me once the party began? Anyways, I have a question. Is there going to be any more fighting? Was thet last battle actually the last?

Celon hesitated, not knowing what to say. Well of course it wasn't, as long as Tartarus remained out there. But, looking around and seein all the peace, and happiness in Eregion that day, she didn't really want to fight again. If what Erudu had seen was true, then they would be travelling to the mountians soon, the cold, white mountains were a treacherous place, even for skilled soldiers. Eregion had become, she realised, more like a home for her than anything. But she knew that if it came to it, she would fight, for it, for the people who had come together to form it.

I don't know Arrow, I don't know...

"Well laddie, what'll it be?" Celon realised that she had been daydreaming, and shook herself out of it. Dagoron was still talking to her. Grinning, she reffilled her cup. "Well, Dag, how do you play?"
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 02:02
Seeing Bessain come in with a deer, Dhae smiled.... well, atleast they'd eat well......she always took care of that and of Dag who could eat very well and drink anyone under the table..........

What he wanted was a bath......or clean clothes. And then to sleep a good deal of the night away.... He edged towards his tent avoiding as many people as possible......... and slipped inside.......

He should have looked first.......... for he fell over the carcass that had been thrown inside....

"I am going to kill her......... no I am going to get EVEN!"

It took sometime to straighten out the tent, get the carcass out of it and to someone who could DO something with it and head right for Bessains tent........ and even more before he reappeared grinning to himself......It would take awhile to straighten out from what he had done.....

He then headed back to the healers tent..... he needed to talk to Duath..............

Duath smiled as he watched so many leave the healers tent and go and relax........

It is good to see you smile every so often..........

"And it is good to smile Saer, we have injuries, but none that can't be healed, even Erudu's....."

Duath watched Saer walk slowly, he was limping but doing his best to look like nothing hurt.........

"I know even mine will heal.... but it is annoying to have to think where I need to be and not just be able to move there as quickly as I am needed..........."

"I could do your running for you........."

Saer and Duath turned to Dhae....

"A good offer Dhae, but you will be needed elsewhere I am sure... you have too much experience to be wasted here in the city running 'errands'.........."

"And soon I head for Gondor..... I know...."

The three stood talking quietly......... Dhae asking questions of both, wanting to know more, finally, of the ellon he'd been born to and their experiences.........................

Stop shaking so hard......... they are going to think you are scared of me.................

I can't help it.......... and its not you......................

Then what is it?

Keli looked up at Krys....................... of course most of the people she knew would have to look up at him for he was taller than a good deal of the people and elves here........

"I don't know, perhaps in a way its just relief that we didn't loose to many of the people in the battle.......or that I know and so does everyone else that another battle is coming.......

I do know that the horses and Shadowstrike haven't settled down........ they too are edgy.............."

Keli watched as men of Rohan slipped quietly in and out of the celebration..... and heard the whispers when they returned from settling mounts that were unhappy on their picket lines..... and the huge falcon sat overhead of her and Krys...... feathers slightly puffed out and chirring worriedly................

"We can't act on edginess.........."

"No we can't but we can keep an eye on it........ they know somethings happened, something we haven't been told yet.............."

"And for probably a good reason.... we need a break and a chance to relax..... the battles can start again tomorrow....... tonight we can simply be.........."

Keli smiled at Krys and pulled him into the crowd....... planning to enjoy the celebration before tomorrows sunrise....................

[Edited on 10/8/2004 by kaazebrabeads]
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 04:46
Very quickly, Angúron and Sirieth had cleaned up after the battle. The grey-eyed ellon had been more than relieved to find his wife had taken no hurt during the fighting. A near miracle considering the fierceness of the battle. His own wounds were minor, and the elf had refused help from the Healers, and allowed only Siri's loving hands to treat and bind them.

For herself, as they headed to the celebration, the Huntress smiled inwardly as she glanced at her husband. The bandages around his head that covered the wound on his brow, gave Angúron a slightly 'rakish' look to his tall, handsome, figure. "What?" he growled, not missing the 'look' in his wife's eyes. "I'll tell you... later," Sirieth replied, and a delighted grin spread on the ellon's face. But, only giving her a wink, Angúron follwed Siri as they slipped into the tent.

Immediately, the black-haired ellon's eyes sought out Hîr Saer. "There," Angúron nodded, and taking his wife's hand in his, the two elves headed for where Saer, and Duath, and Dhae were quietly talking. "You wanted to see us, Hîr nín?" the Huntress asked, and gave both their Healer-friend, and the man a quick smile in greeting.

((OOC: Sorry for the long absence and short post... trying to get 'back' into this as smoothly as I can!))
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 12:04
This is a joint post between Elvenwood008Morvana and Barahir1/Erudu

Sleep came swiftly to Erudú and no more did the waters of the green lake torment him when he shut his eyes. A few hours of restful sleep had passed when Erudú once again found himself looking at the green waters. He was confused and did not understand what this was or why he was here or even how he got here. He was above everything and there was nothing beneath him but the forest and the waters of the lake. He turned himself and saw the lair of Tartarus in the distance. There he saw a great commotion and many orc and uruk were there. He looked closer and saw they were removing articles and carrying them off in a northerly direction. He looked but he could not see Tartarus amongst them so he turned his eyes north and followed the rag tag line seeking Tartarus. He moved north beyond Caradhras when the vision was ended. He opened his eyes and found both of his guards wrestling with a drunken man of Rohan. He sat up and stood drawing his sword. "What is the meaning of this" He shouted angrily at the three of them on the floor. They all stopped and the Rohan warrior looked up at him and even though he was drunk he realised what he had done and where he was.

The guards quickly dragged the man away and out of the tent while he was attempting to apologise but the words could not quite come together for him. Erudú angered at what had taken place kicked at a small stool sending small bits of wood flying across the tent. He sat on the bedside and knew that Tartarus had evaded them once again and he knew the vision would not come to him again. He sat trying to remember all he saw but then Morvana's thoughts flooded into his mind. He could make little sense of what came to him and he knew that she needed him. He bolted out of the tent bare foot and his shirt just thrown on and not buttoned. "Where is Lady Morvana?" He asked the guards hurriedly. They directed him to where they had last seen her and he ran off in that direction looking about as he ran. He stopped and remembered Gandalf's words to him and how she knew instinctively where he was. He stopped and focused on her and then ran in the direction he felt lead to go. He worked his way around men and elves that filled the courtyard area and slowly progressed forward knowing he was getting closer
Morvana continued watching the party, sitting at a distant from the others in a train of thought. Her stomach wasn't co-operating with her either, which made her head start to ache and her ears to throb. That it the LAST time I ever drink ale! She said to herself. I'll just stick to the wine instead!

Morvana suddenly got a strange feeling, one that she had never experienced before. She felt sort of happy, all of her worries and fears had passed out of her memory. She was light on her feet and found herself dancing among the others around her. Laraya was close by dancing with Súlimo and once Morvana had spotted her, she pulled her sister off to the side and handed her an ale. Tonight, my dearest sister, we drink to our well-deserved victory of the battle against our greatest enemy. We shall sing and dance like we did in Lothlorien and I know the perfect song! Come Laraya! Sing and enjoy this night!"

Morvana led her sister then, to the centred of the crowd of people dancing to the lively music being played. Once telling the musicians if they would kindly play a certain tune for them, the sisters were off singing: Oh, the river is wide where I thus stride, And the trees are tall with shade for all...The sun is bright with its marvellous light...that announces the day and the clouds drift away! The flowers colour the grass where I thus pass...and the birds in the trees sing their sweet melodies...a breeze floats by bringing the forest alive...there's no place that I know that has the comforts of home. O Lothlorien! Lothlorien! Sweet place of heavenly skies...Lothlorien! Lothlorien! the forest by the mountainside!

They embraced one another and took to the ale again. Morvana didn't know how many times she had drank this foreign drink called ale but it was sure making her feel happy! She had never felt a time where she didn't have a care in the world and this to her at the time was a form of relaxation.....

There was a familiar elvish tune being played as he walked through the crowd, but the focus of the crowd had shifted to the centre of the court. He made his way as quickly as he could in the crush of bodies which seemed to get even heavier the closer he got to the centre court. The feelings he felt from Morvana were not foreign to him because he to had had experience with ale. Morvana was happy he sensed it but she was not as focused as she was normally and he knew what this meant. He broke through the crowd and watched as Morvana and Laraya sang loudly a song of Lothlorien. He smiled to see them together and once they were finished he approached them and watched as they toasted one another and drank heartily of the ale in their tankards.

He walked up to them and hugged them both. He knew that trying to talk sense to them right now would be pointless but he somehow needed to get them away from the crowd and most of all the ale. "Have some of this my love and drink to our victory". Morvana said as she thrust a tankard at him. Several men cheered as Erudú held the tankard. He held the tankard up high and praised them "This is your victory we drink to,…" He tells them. "May this battle be forever remembered in Gondor, Rohan and Eregion and may we be always united in friendship."
Cheers went up from those around him and he took a small drink but tried to make it look as though he drank heavily from the tankard. All he wanted now was to get the ladies out of the courtyard and away from anymore of the ale. "Why don't we try to find a shady spot to sit ladies". He said as he put his arm around Morvana and pulled her along.

He managed to move the ladies out of the centre of the courtyard and off to the outer edges of the crowd and sit them down. Súlimo arrived on the scene but he to had been drinking ale and would not be much help. Erudú looked at the three of them and wondered what to do with them and feared that the ale would soon do it's worst to them.

After being pulled away from the crowd by Erudú, Morvana started feeling a little uneasy or like she was getting sick. She didn't quite understand why this was happening for moments ago she was just fine and joyous. Laraya didn't seem to be feeling the effects that Morvana was going through for she made no gesture of it. This confused Morvana as well...what was doing this to her?

Erudú looked the three of them over but it was Morvana that was seemed to be most afflicted by the ale. "Men ,….Dwarves and their customs… Now my own people fall under the spell of the ale, but I doubt if it will happen again after this night has passed. The dawn will bring many regrets." Erudú comments as he looks at the number of his people holding tankards of ale. Erudú… I begin to feel unwell…, what is this feeling? Morvana asks looking somewhat ill. "Súlimo you and Laraya go to your tents I will come to see you shortly." The two aids do as they are asked. Erudú tries to walk Morvana back to the tent but she stumbles along not wanting to go any further. Finally he picks her up in his arms and carries her back to the tent. As they approach the guards open the flaps to the tent and Erudú carries her straight in and lays her on the bed. He removes her boots and cloak he then loosens her clothing and covers her.

He checks on Súlimo and finds him still dressed and thinking that he can still do his duties. Erudú insists that he take to his bed and gives him a flagon of water to drink insisting Súlimo drink it all. Erudú does not enter Laraya's tent but stands outside of it and gives her the same instructions he had given to Súlimo along with drinking the flagon of water. He begins to feel the distress that Morvana now begins to suffer and wishes that somehow he could prevent what was to happen. He goes to her and sits on the bed. He pours water in the basin and taking cloths he wets them and places them on her brow. He gently strokes her hair as she lies motionless. He sits with her sensing her pain and does what he can to comfort her. She finally becomes ill as the ale does it's worst. He remains by her side and she tries to talk but he quiets her and tells her to rest.

Three or four hours had gone by and the sounds of the reveling outside calmed down as the celebrations moves to the camps of the two armies of men. Erudú checks on Súlimo and Laraya and it seem that they have not been as badly affected by the ale and they both slept soundly. He returns to Morvana and takes a chair and sits by the bedside watching over her and outside the sky slowly become dark. He falls asleep in the chair drifting in and out of sleep and then waking and not knowing how much time had passed. Morvana now rests peacefully, he pulls the blankets up around her and kisses her softly on her head.

Erudú now properly dressed steps out of the tent and tells the two guards to go to their families. He walks up the Hill of Candor and looks out over the lands of their realm bathed in the moonlight. He stands by the tree planted to honour the ellon who gave his life protecting him the very day they arrived in Ost-in-Edhil and thinks of the cost they and the men paid to liberate this land. He sees camp fires' blazing in the camps of Rohan and Gondor as the celebrations continue there. He hears the sound of a familiar staff striking on the rock as Gandalf approaches him. "Eregion stands fast and none shall now ever question your right to this land. Take this victory to heart and stop questioning yourself your right to be here. It is the two of you who will lead these people but your doubts still persist. Yet already is your name known and word of what has been done here has already reached the throne of Gondor" Gandalf tells him.

Erudú doesn't turn to face him but continues looks out over the land. "Were it not for Rohan and Gondor we would have been driven out and slaughtered a second time, that is not what I would call a position of strength but rather weakness." Erudú replies.

"Strength lies in friendship Erudú, were it not for Rohan Gondor would have fallen at the Pelennor fields, is Gondor weak because of that? Friendship is what began to build this country. Those you rode with in the beginning have stayed and little by little this land was built one small piece at a time and now you have grown larger and come out stronger. Tartarus flees your might, something that he never thought possible yet it is so. There will be more battles to come but none such as this one has been, and with each battle you grow and become stronger. Build the city Erudú and give the people something to grasp onto, something to see and you will not fail in this quest." Gandalf is silent after those words and the two friends stand together looking over the lands of Eregion and speak to one another though it is silent.
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2004 12:42
Thinking that she had had enough wine for one night, Bessain leaves her seat and drink. Dagoron looked as if he was on the verge of passing out where he stood (as usual), as did many others around the camp. Many had to stop dancing, and sit down for a bit… Bessain assumed that they had fell victim to the dwarf’s foreign drink.

It certainly was a good thing that they only had one dwarf around. Anymore, and there’d be nothing left to eat.

Passing through the camp grounds, the loudest sound to be heard was not a pleasant one. Elves and men… mostly men, leaning over or against tress and bushes, rambling on about how good the ale was, or vomiting. She couldn’t understand how good this was for them… if they needed to fight in the morning, they wouldn’t be able to do it very well… but then again, it might teach a few of them a lesson.

Bessain wasn’t really sure where she was going, she wouldn’t be able to sleep with all the noise, so her tent was not an option. She just needed a walk, and a peaceful one at that. The sound of people retching was not peaceful at all. But, she’d need her weapons, just incase, which she left in her tent.

The noise near her tent, seemed to have muffled out a bit, but it still bugged her. Just the price she had to pay for being an elf. She threw her tent flap aside, and tripped over just about everything that she owned. Surprisingly, it took her a minute or two to figure out who could have done it… considering he had changed his name several times. “So,” she said to herself, looking at the large mess in front of her. “Our young master ‘Dhae’, has learned how to play war…” she said. “You need two to play that game,” she chuckled to herself, grabbing her weapons, and leaving the mess for later. It might give her an excuse to miss something.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 06:32
After a prolonged conversation with Gandalf Erudú returned to his tent and checked on his three patients. They were all sleeping well but he wondered what the morning would bring for all his elven people who had taken too much of the ale. He knew what the effect was on men and smiled as he remembered Bessain's tangle with ale in Rivendell but he was not happy with the state of affairs at the moment. He had just settled in after seeing to Morvana when noise outside the tent caused him to draw his sword. He crept out the tent door and slowly made his way to the back of the tent. He quickly looks around the corner only to see an ellon on the ground moaning. He stands the ellon up and takes him into his tent laying him in the side tent where Súlimo slept. He was deeply troubled with what the ale had done to his folk and in future the free and open consumption of ale would be strongly discouraged but not outlawed. He was sure that after this night the elves would not have any difficulty avoiding the drinking of ale.

"What now" he mutters to himself as he steps outside the tent and looks around. "Tartarus has fled with what of his army he has left and I can not give chase, where do we go and what do we do now." Erudú muses aloud. "We go on and build this city and make it a home and refuge for our people" Erudú turns and sees Morvana standing behind him. "Morvana what are you doing out of bed, you should be resting." He takes her in his arms and holds her. "You need to talk to Dagoron, he had an idea that would help us build our city and it is a sound one. "You are the second one to tell me that today." Erudú tells her as he takes her back in and helps her into bed. "I'm sorry my dear, I took to much of the ale and found myself quite light headed, have I shamed us?" She asks wearily. "No my dear you have not shamed us, you could never do that. " He says as he helps her to drink a cup of water. "Be at peace with yourself my love and allow your dreams to take you." Erudú stays with her until she sleeps once again. There are noises outside the tent but they are the familiar sounds of the guard arriving and taking their post.

Erudú leaves the tent again and this time he goes in search of Dagoron, but he is sure that he still sleeps off the effects of the celebration. He was going to have a bit of fun at Dagoron's cost though. Taking four of the House Guard he wanders around the camp looking for the dwarf. He sees many sights that he is not happy with of both men and elves, but he also knows the strain that all were under and it was a needed realise. It took some time but eventually Dag was found.

Two of the guard grab the dwarf and lift him off the ground in front of Erudú. "So Dagoron what do you have to say for yourself and the kayos you have created. What was in those kegs Dag because it was not just simple ale." Erudú stares at the dwarf who's mouth is moving but nothing comes out. "Well Dag what do you have to say, will you be the first to sample our lockups until you can speak." "It was just a little of my own recipe that I added to bring out the flavour of the ale. How was I to know your people would take a liking to it? Can ya please put me down?" he finally asks. Erudú nods and the two guards let him drop. "You were more fun to have around before all this Lord of the land stuff went to your head." Dag comments as he stands. "Well Dag there will be no more of your special ale, just the simple ale that one buys in taverns and in limited amounts for you and your people." Erudú tells him. "What do you mean my people…….oooh you've spoke to the Lady Morvana. Well what do you think of the idea, we can help build grrrand city for ya." Dag has become quit wide-eyed as the conversation progressed. "I think it is a wonderful idea Dag and it would be an honour to have you and your people in Moria once again. There will need to be something's agreed to before we start but we accept your offer of help. I have no doubt that the Ost-in-Edhil of the fourth age will be a very fine city. Do you think you will be able to work with the elvish craftsmen, and there are something's and plans that are laid out already and must be followed?" Erudú asks him. "I think we will be able to work things out. That will make the two greatest cities in Middle Earth restored with the help of the dwarves. I'll leave today." The pride of the Dwarf Peoples came out in Dag and it showed. Erudú and Dag shake hands sealing the deal.

Erudú returns to the command centre feeling more confident and his outlook is good. He is joined by Gandalf who puts hand on Erudú's shoulder and comments. "The wheels are in motion and Eregion will have its capital city." Erudú saw better days ahead for them but Tartarus was never far from thought and it was critical that he be given no time to rebuild. Ellyn would be sent out to find his new lair and scouting parties to intercept supplies that Tartarus would need, and it would be death to any who follow Tartarus or do any of his bidding.
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 02:47
Krys avoided driking too much of the ale.... it never had a good effect on him....ever. Keli had tried it and promptly went and got something else....

"Its Dagorons brew.... thats NOT straight ale..... and there are going to be alot of people sick...Look...."

Krys nodded.... The ale was potent and it was relaxing..... but already some men and elves had had too much.....

"We'll be needed to have clear heads..... There goes Bessain.... She won't overindulge....I'll hopefully not need to bother her in the morning.....She needs the rest like ayone else and We've asked quite a bit of her....."

"And over there Keli....Dahe, Duath and Saer.....talking...... They'll be ready in the morning.....and I won't be far....."

Krys and Keli found Anguron and Siri and continued to enjoy the evening..... letting the stress and tension ease..... and talking about what might be the plans for their next move.....
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 04:38
Angúron had talked quietly with Saer while his raven-haired wife looked on in silence. And then, with a bow, took Siri's arm, and headed for one of the tables.

"Here," he said, and poured her a drink. "We might as well relax while we can," the ellon went on. Sirieth took a cautious sip, and then shuddered when even that small bit burned going down. "That's strong!" she managed to gasp, and glared at her grinning husband. "It needs to be," Angúron commented, and took a healthy swig. "Don't expect me to drag you back to our tent!" Siri sent, half-teasing, and half-serious as she set the ale down. The elleth couldn't have anyway... not having her husband's strength.

For a few minutes, the two stood and watched, still not quite 'comfortable' in the new company in which they kept. It was relief that both welcomed Keli and Krys coming over to join them. With a grimace, Siri asked, "I don't suppose there is anything reasonable to drink, is there?" "Oh, yes," Keli replied, and giving her an understanding smile, pointed it out. "Thank Eru!" Sirieth answered, and swiftly retrieved it.

"MUCH better!" she said, upon rejoining them and Angúron. The grey-eyed elf finished his own drink as the four continued to talk, but despite his earlier comment, drank no more of the ale. Others were already over-indulging, and he, himself, had no desire for an aching head when dawn came.

But, both elves felt themselves easing somewhat as they continued to speculate what might happen next.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2004 04:32
(Let's see if we can bring this thread back alive again!)

Morvana woke again that night only after a couple of hours of rest and seeing that Erudu was not there, made her way to the entrance of the tent. The guards had taken to their beds by that time which helped Morvana from doing any "explaining". Seeing that nobody was about, she slipped from the tent and followed the path that led to the stream, hoping to overlook and hide what happened just hours ago.

She arrived there in just minutes and took a seat along the riverside bed. Morvana disturbed the calm waters slightly as she dipped her weary feet in and leaned back on her hands to look up at the shimmering stars. All was peaceful and silent around her as the party had finally concluded and everybody took to their beds.

Morvana brought her feet out of the waters and pulled her knees close, resting her chin upon them. The song her sister, Laraya, and her sang at the celebration rang through her head, the words seeming to pierce her heart. She recalled the sweet melody and softly sang the song she grew up with as a child:

Oh, the river is wide where I thus stride
And the trees are tall with shade for all
The sun is bright with its marvelous light
That announces the day and the clouds away!
The flowers color the grass where I thus pass
A breeze floats by bringing the forest alive
There's no place I know that has the comforts of my home.
This is where I shall stay 'til the end of my days!
O Lothlorien! Lothlorien! Sweet place of heavenly skies
Lothlorien! Lothlorien! The forest by the mountainside!

A single tear left her cheek as she finished the song of long ago. Memories flowed through her mind like a terrible storm, reliving her past in her fair homeland. Never again would she travel back to see Lothlorien in full bloom, to see the trees so green. Of course she knew that one day she would take the ship to Valinor but that was still yet ahead of her. But Eregion needed her more than ever before now that war was deliberately approaching them. Morvana sighed and laid her head to rest on her knees, her eyes gradually shutting.

Morvana, uttered a voice inside her mind, you are weak now. I can sense it! The path of peace and freedom you so desperately seek is escaping you. Surrender now and let all this violence and hate leave you, Morvana. "Tartarus, you want so much to do with violence and hate that you will continue until you received what you want," Morvana replied sternly. "What I would suggest is that you relinquish from this upcoming battle for you will never win! Not while I am here!"

Then maybe I should deal away with that problem. My patience is growing thin with you, Morvana. You will regret ever setting foot on this land! "You may threaten me all you want, Tartarus. Your end is soon drawing near!" With that, Morvana stood up to walk back to her tent but didn't take one step before she heard a high pitch shrill in her ears. Paralyzed, she fell on her knees and covered her ears to shut out the Nazgul's scream.

It had ended as quickly as it came, Morvana cautiously bringing her hands down to rest on her knees. She could sense Erudu's confusion nearby as he would have heard the shriek as well. From this, Morvana shut her mind from him, not wanting Erudu to worry about her. She was hoping he wouldn't have heard in the first place but everything happened instantly she didn't have time to think things through.

Morvana steadily rose to her feet, her eyes catching movement in the trees beside her. Tentatively, she reached for her dagger, waiting to spring it upon the attacker. But no attacker came from the trees; instead it was a horse of strange breed. "How is it that I know your name, dear creature, yet I have never seen you before. Dulayna," Morvana said softly, taking a step towards the mare.

Seconds later, horse bellows were heard from the stables that drew Morvana's attention away from the mare. "Fairwen," said Morvana as she knew right away who it was that was crying out in agony. She turned back and found that the horse was gone. Puzzling Morvana, she ran off towards the stables, clutching her dagger in anger as she went.

Upon arriving, Morvana found a scout running away from the stables. Seeing this, her anger rose and she threw her dagger and watched as it sang through the air until it hit its target on the head. After that was taken care of, Morvana rushed into Fairwen's stall to find her on the floor, an arrow in her side with a pool of blood surrounding her. Fairwen wasn't the only one injured as Morvana found several other horses with the same injury. What am I to do? Many are still dreaming...Erudu! "Erudu," called Morvana as she reopened her mind to him. "Erudu, I need help here in the stables. Many of our horses have been injured and need medical attention immediately!"

"My dear Fairwen, steady now girl!" Morvana said as she tried to soothe the wounded animal. Morvana's hand began to grab hold of the arrow, she readying herself to pull it out. She held down Fairwen's neck and moments later drew the arrow out. Fairwen began to whinny in misery from the pain, Morvana tearing part of her dress to help stop the passage of blood running out.

"Erudu, please hurry!" Morvana said to herself as she continued to apply pressure to the wound, her hands bloodied and her patience growing slight.

[Edited on 13/10/2004 by elvenwood008]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 10:17
(OOC. EREGION LIVES ON.)

Erudú was with the others at the command tent discussing what possible location Tartarus might find to hide himself in. Goblin town was suggested and even Bundushathúr or Moria, but in the end it would need men hunting for him to find his lair, but Erudú was adamant that he would deliver the deathblow. Erudú turned from the maps and to look at the morning light on the peaks of Caradhras when the voice of Tartarus came to him and then the nazgûl scream. He clasps his hands over his ears then in anger he lowers his hands and shouts. "Tartarus you have no hold here" The nazgûl scream stops and Morvana's plea comes to him. "Sound the alarm the camp is has been infiltrated he barks at his guard. "The mearas here been attacked in their stalls" He shouts as he breaks into a run. Keli, Krys, Saer, Duath, Haldir to the stables quickly. Bess, Celon, Dhae we could use your skills there as well. The horses have been attacked.

Echoes of the alarm horns could be heard sounding throughout the camp. Súlimo comes running to the stables and Erudú calls him over. Erudú looks him over and Súlimo looks terrible, Erudú is certain that most of his army must be in the same condition. "I want this camp turned over and the one responsible caught alive, I don't care how he is brought down but I want him alive!" Erudú is in a rage when he sees the condition horses and the savage way in which they were attacked. He looks immediately for Morvana and finds her with Fairwen and beside Fairwen was Palermo, both animals had suffered arrow wounds but neither was as critical as the fine steeds which were closer to the entrance of the stables. He holds Morvana close. "I'm sorry Morvana, I'm sorry, he will pay for this treachery and it will be a heavy price that we will exact from him."

Erudú and Morvana worked with those highly skilled in healing and helped tend those that were most seriously wounded, some only managed barely to hang on to life and others were to seriously wounded and had to be put down while some slipped into death. They each tended the wounds of Fairwen and Palermo together carefully cleaning and binding their wounds. They did not rest until all the animals were seen to, their clothing was stained with the blood of many fine animals.

The search for the one or more of the infiltrators continued, the entire area was sealed and no one went unchallenged. "Those who did this will be found my love and they will pay for this, as will Tartarus." He tells Morvana. They join the others as the last animal is tended to. "I cannot promise we won't loose anymore of them." Saer tells Erudú as he stands and wipes blood off his hands. "I known my friend, all that can be done has been done. There is no one that could do anymore than you, thank you, thank you all."

Erudú and Morvana leave the confines of the stable and step out into the mid afternoon sun, they stop and look around at the camp. The warmth of the sun does little to quell the anger with their hearts. "We will avenge this Morvana, I swear it, this will not be forgotten." He turns and puts his arms around her and kisses her on the forehead. He gently strokes her beautiful golden hair. "There will be better days to come my love when we no longer need to live in such troubled times. We will build this city and justly rule this land, but for now we must fight for that right." Erudú is cut off by the sound of an alarm horn and then they are called by Súlimo. "My Lord we have a small group of orcs and dunlending trapped. We are to few to take them on but others are coming to strengthen our hand. " "Were on our way Súlimo." Erudú and Morvana draw Firestorm and Ilumire and break into a run.

[Edited on 17/10/2004 by Barahir1]
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 06:24
(( I should hope so))

Keli, Krys, Saer, Duath, Haldir to the stables quickly. Bess, Celon, Dhae we could use your skills there as well. The horses have been attacked.

Bessain, who was a good distance away from camp at the time, enjoying the peaceful night scenery, and was not paying attention to all else at the moment; she had assumed everything to be safe for the night. It took her at least five minutes to realize that their horses being hurt, WAS her problem, and that she needed to get back as fast as possible. Adjusting her swords higher around her waist, so they would not knock into her knees as she went, started to sprint back for camp.

Easily clearing fallen logs and boulders clearly portrayed the type of grace and endurance that her race was known for. But, would it be enough? Wanting to help, and being able to help, was two different things. Being able to help was NOT something she was able to do at the moment, unless she could somehow spur herself on to run faster.

For some reason, Bessain soon finds herself getting carried away in her thoughts, as she ran. Why did they only attack the horses? They same question ran through her mind over and over again. The answer never came. She was missing something. Some piece of information, or unknown element was missing from the picture. What had happened earlier that day? They had celebrated a victory over Tartarus and more than half of their army had fallen victim to the ale. How could that have anything to do with it? So a bunch of men and elves got drunk after a victory… BIG DEAL.

Relief soon comes to her, as she nears the camp. The light from the torches and smell of food, was welcoming, despite what was happening in the background. Now it was bugging her. WHY DID THEY JUST WOUND THE HORSES?! Why didn’t they attack?! The Eregion army was wandering around in a drunken stupor! They were oblivious to any danger! This Tartarus character could have completely slaughtered them!!

Bessain comes skidding to a halt, in front of the stables, trying her best to stop before she hit a tree. She stopped alright…. Thanks to the tree. “So much for the legendary grace and endurance of elves,” she grumbled to herself.

Maybe this Tartarus person liked to fight fairly? Bessain doubted this. Maybe he’s just toying with us? Before continuing any further, one single answer forms in her mind. What if Tartarus didn’t want them to leave…. After all, the first Eregion elves never got out of their own gates (save for the few lucky ones). Horses were the fastest way to get anywhere! Large armies could not move very fast without them…

kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 01:55
((OOC: I too return to here!)))

Too many horses, mearas lay hurt......... Saer could only shake his head and return back to the stables, to go back to work to keep those still here alive........

He could see Dhae, Duath deeper in the shadows tending animals still....... Keli had gone to the healers tent so that they had more supplies, for what treated men and elves, treated the horses as well....

He heard Krys stop by him.........

"Eregion doesn't have the walls it once did, so going after the horses doesn't make sense.... Tartarus can not trap us here as we once were.........."

"But hir Saer, look again at WHICH animals were killed or so severly wounded so as to have been destroyed......"

Saer turned and looked at Krys and then again started counting the dead and wounded........ and stiffened..........

"More horses than mearas...... almost ALL of the dead or destroyed....ROHAN!"

Krys looked grimly back........

"The best of the rohirrim horses and riders are here..... I've seen too many of those animals out behind thie stables now....... trained warhorses, and............."

Krys paused and Saer finished the thought...........

"Rohan has nothing in reserve to send........ the animals might be trained, but aren't what we've lost here. Tartarus has done the one thing to cripple not Eregion itself, but one of its allies........ An army of men used to fighting on horseback that no longer has mounts.........."

"Is weakened........ Rohirrim will fight to the end on foot or not......... but it is not our best........ and in truth we can't keep up to an elven army on the move.......... So if a fight comes where we need to be moving, we either move at the speed of men, or the elves loose the strength of arms............"

Do not forget Krys your choice, you are elven in blood, but still think of Rohan................

I will for a very long time think of myself as Rohirrim............

But.........

I wonder if even I could keep up to an elven army moving as fast as it can.......... The speed that brought the army to Helms Deep......... Is one ONLY elves could maintain................
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 02:35
((Tis a joint post between Bess and I, Celon told me to do the voice of her character though...enjoy!))

A rather low ranked elf walked up to Bessain and bowed. “Mi-lady, a band of orcs has attacked and the dwarf, Dagoron, has fallen fatally injured, he requests to see you.” He said with his head bowed low still. “He’s inside the medical tent; you must be swift, for he might have already passed.” He said, in a low tone. Not letting her reply he turned to walk away to the tent, intending for her to follow him.

Bessain stared at the elf questioningly. "What did he say?" she thought to herself, still trying to comprehend something that she did not want to hear. "What-" she began to say, as the elf turned away from her, obviously not wanting to say anymore. The walk from the stables to the healing tent seemed to take hours, even though the messenger elf was trotting in attempt to stay in front of Bessain.

The elf stopped outside the tent and folded his hands in front of himself; he did not intend to enter with her. Bessain slowly opened the flap that shut out almost all light and walked into the tent. There lie Dagoron on a cot in the corner, wrapped in numerous bloody bandages. He was breathing hard and each breath was almost raspier then the last. “Is that Bess?” he queried in a low whisper as she walked up to him.

"Yea, Dag, it's me..."her voice sounding as raspy as Dags. It was as if she had some kind of bind around her throat, and had to strain to talk correctly. Seeing him in this state was too much for her. He was almost completely covered in blood; his size told her that it was indeed a dwarf under there. She couldn't stand to cry in front of her chubby friend, so she decided to try and comfort him. How she was going to do so was beyond her. How could she think of anything else beyond this room?

“It would ave been nice ter see home again, ya know I was planning to go back again…” he said as his eye lids slowly closed, then flickered back open again. “Would you come with me, back to my home?” he said, his eyes looked as if they were dimming by the minuet in the low light.

Her eyes lit up, though somewhat disappointed. He had given her a chance to help. Tears started to form at the corners of her eyes, but she was quick to blink them away. She sighed and took a breath to calm herself. "Yes, my friend, we will go," said Bessain, half pleased with herself for being able to comfort him.

At her next words his eyes flared up and a grin played across his face. Bessain looked confused at this and stepped back. Dagoron swiftly swung his legs out of the cot and stood up, ripping off the bandages with both arms. “Great, we leave before sunrise!” he said in his usual, booming voice. He was perfectly fine, and he looked very pleased that his plan had worked. “Ye better pack soon Bess; it’s a log journey ter Moria.” He said with a grin. “Oh ‘n Siriel said she wanted ter come too, we better find her…” he said, still delighted with what he had done.

Bessain jumped at least five feet away, nearly bumping into the tent wall. Realizing what Dagoron had just done, flared a bit of anger, though she was happy that he was ok. "Damn you, Dagoron Ironaxe!" she growled. Bessain ran back up and embraced the dwarf, but was quick to let go, when she realized that she was being smeared in blood. "Dag, this had better not be horse blood..."

“Where would I get horse blood Bess?” he said, for he had not yet been informed about the horses. “It’s…someone’s blood…not sure who’s…” he said in a somewhat puzzled tone as he truly didn’t know where it was from, he only knew that it was blood. “Bessain, why did you ask about horse blood, what’s happened? Show me!” he grunted as he led her out of the tent, the elf that had led Bessain was trying his best not to laugh but a light chuckle slipped out.

Bessain drew her blade and pressed it up to the elf's throat. Her sword making a white crease around his throat. "If ANY of that leaves this tent..." she pressed her blade a little harder to give him the hint. The smile faded from the elf's face, and he nodded in consent. Bessain nodded back, and led the dwarf towards the stables.

Bessain explained to Dagoron what happened to the horses and he nodded and stroked his beard, puzzled why he would attack just the horses. He was relieved that Roch, his pony, wasn’t injured and the most reasonable idea that came to mind why is because a pony does little use to anyone here, for now… sighing Dag said “Well we still move out, if we can we will still take a wagon but if not then we walk, our things on what animals we can spare to use.” He said in a slightly controlling voice. He would stay but now that the Rohan fleet was crippled the needed re-enforcements now more then ever.

Guessing that Dagoron expected her to live up to her word (even if she promised from a prank), Bessain tells him to go pack his things, while she asked around for a horse... she did not know if Orcsbane was harmed in the raid, but hoped that he was alright.

Dagoron quickly scurried off to pack his things and soon returned with two over sized bags of equipment and food. He rather harshly put them on the ground and looked around; Orcsbane was still alive and untouched. “ah a useful horse alas!” he proudly said to his find. He was hesitant to go to this horse for last time he had been on the ground in front of him, he was almost trampled. They shared a common hate for each other so to speak. Dagoron slowly went for the bridle that hung from the horses head and in return Orcsbane snorted and stomped at Dag. The dwarf almost leapt at the leather strap and grabbed hold, and was lifted into the air by the powerful animal. “I gotcha!” he yelled as he pulled at the rein, trying to get him to a wagon. “I hope Bess is having an easier time getting stuff…” he grumbled.

Bessain was not having an easy time getting her things either. Aside from the mess that Dhae had made earlier, Dagnir had found her tent….The little pup had found the things that Bessain had needed most, and was now chewing on them. Bessain saw this, and began to chase the pup around. It had been awhile since Bessain had seen Dagnir, and had almost mistaken him for a common coyote. Though he was not yet as big as a coyote, he was a good deal bigger than he used to be… and a little faster. He had gotten ahold of her quiver, and was running around with it in his mouth… scattering arrow everywhere, with Bessain chasing after him. Dismissing the desires she had to pick one of the fallen arrows up and shoot the pup, Bessain lunges and tackles the surprised wolf pup. "Dag, better get over here quick…" she growled. After she was done packing, she headed back for the stables, to find their cart.

Dagoron, after much trouble, had gotten the displeased Orcsbane lashed up to the wagon and his things inside the back, he had put the two tankards of ale he had stowed away in there too if he somehow needed to bribe his way into Moria, but they would most likely be gone before they reach their destination. Bessain came trudging out to the stables wit her equipment and placed them in the back. “I need to get Roch; This one won’t stand to pull me.” He said motioning to Orcsbane. He quickly got his faithful pony out of the stable and saddled him up. They headed out promptly with the sun rising behind then when he heard distressed yelling, they had left Siriel because she failed to show up but here she was, running, or trying to run with her bags after the wagon. “Please don’t leave me here! Take me with you! I don't want to stay with people who hear voices in their heads!” she yelled over and over again. The wagon slowed and the half elven maiden clumsily throws her things in the back and hops on the seat next to Bess.

[Edited on 19/10/2004 by naucoaran_2]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 04:41
They had not been able to get out of the camp so the soldiers loyal to Tartarus hid themselves in an area of wood and brush waiting for nightfall and hoping the elven army would stand down. They were mistaken in their belief that the elves would give up the hunt. Morvana and Erudú arrive on foot along with fifteen of their personal guards. Erúvellas and Súlimo had waited for them to arrive keeping the infiltrators pinned down with no hope of escape. "Do we know their numbers and race" Is the first thing Erudú asks.

"Yes sir, there are five dunlendings and three orcs." Erúvellas informs him "Good,… that gives me something to deal with, I may be able to sway the dunlending but the orcs will never go along with it." Erudú says quietly.

"What are thinking of doing Erudú?" Morvana asks him.

"The dunlending no doubt are in fear of us and even more so now because of the outcome of the battle. I will offer them their freedom and the right to live in the area we occupied in the Dunland in exchange for information on Tartarus and where he moves his lair. They will under our protection in turn for information until Dunland is secure. The three orcs will never agree but I have a use even for them also." He explains. "Erúvellas have your men train their arrows on the three orcs, if they make a move any move against the dunlendings kill them….. Are your men in position?" "Yes sir"

Erudú moves closer to the thicket. "Men of Dunland I know you serve your master out of fear for yourself and families, but I can offer you much more. Have the promises of Saruman or Tartarus eased your suffering or do you serve a lord whose words ring hollow. How many of your own kinsmen perished in the battle because you were pushed to the front by the orcs and used as shields to protect them, will you be the next to die in that way. I offer you your freedom and land to live on if you drop your weapons and come forward. In exchange all I want is what you may know of your master and nothing more. I will give you a moment to think on it but know this, if you choose to fight you will surely die."

The time seems to pass slowly but as it moves on the distinct voices of the orcs can be heard as they get louder. One of the angered orcs can be heard clearly. "I'll kills ya all before that happens!" He shouts. Arrows can be heard whistling through the air. Erudú turns to Erúvellas. "The orcs are dead sir" Erúvellas informs Erudú. Another moment passes and Erudú again readies to call the dunlendings but before he calls Erúvellas informs him that the dunlending have dropped their weapons and raised the arms. Erudú is pleased with the outcome.

"Take them to Keli and have the orcs burned." Erudú orders as he watches the half-starved dunlendings come out of the thicket. Keli we're sending you the five dunlendings lock them up and double the guard on them, I want no harm to come to any of them. Later we shall see what information they have to offer us for their freedom. I want to know why Rohans' horses were singled out and where Tartarus runs. Anything no matter how small a detail must be written out. Thank you Keli and we'll go over what we learn together." Erudú sheathes Firestorm and Morvana does the same with Ilumire.

"What will you do with them once you've got your information?" Morvana asks.

"I will hold them until I know what they've told me is the truth or a pack of lies. I will feed them and find out all I can about them and their families, two of them are no doubt father and son.
In the end though I will keep my word and pray that this is the start of peace between us, but it will be hard to prove that they can trust us after the losses they suffered at our hands. But it is a start."

Erudú and Morvana walk back into camp and still in clothing stained by the blood of the many horses. Eómer filled with anger comes toward them.

"Give them to me and I will find out all we need to know before the sunsets" he demands.

"My friend here is where we differ in our ways, I intend to have them questioned today and I have already given the order to do so. You will have your information but we will get it in our own ways my friend." Eómer storms off with out saying a word while Erudú and Morvana go to their tent to clean up and change their clothing.
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2004 04:54
Siriel grinned, pleased that she had made an escape. "What happened to Kahz?" Bessain asked with an arched eyebrow. Siriel's expression of joy slowly drained out of her face. "They targeted the rohirrim horses, remember? My saddle has a token of the mark, given to me long ago. Curse the thing, I always thought it would keep me safe, but look what happens now! I'm just grateful..." she shuddered. "...they didn't...(Siriel looked kind of sick now) hamstring him. He is wounded, but time will heal it. It might take a long time...but- even if he could never be the same old warhorse, I'd still keep him, he seems to me more of a friend then an animal, you know?"

Realizing that she had been rambling, she quickly shut up. But as some time passed she couldn't help but notice a strong smell emenating from Dagoron. "Oh Eru...Dag, what is that smell? It's almost like....like...horse bl---"

The grin Dagoron was wearing seemed to be the biggest one she'd ever seen. And Bessain was wearing a murderous expression that matched it perfectly. Cocking her head sideways, she gave them both a questioning look, but said nothing as she noticed Bessain's hand creeping ever-so-slowly towards the hilt of her dagger.

Taking her chance as it dangled out in front of her, Siriel expressed a mischevious smile much like Dag's, and met Bessain's eyes. With a chiding tone she asked, "Bess, now didn't I tell you to stay away from that ale after what happened that one time in...." :naughty:

"Hold it a second laddie. Now how would you know about this?" Confusion was on Dagoron's face.

After a few moments of shock, Bessain regained her tounge. "Yea, how did you-what did you-who...?" Now she was trying to glare at both Dag and Siriel; a difficult task.

Siriel looked at Dagoron, with a shrug. "Don't you remember at the party when you were dru--" Siriel stopped suddenly, and readied herself to bolt. When Dagoron had been drunk at the party, he had easily given this priceless story away, and now Dagoron let the horror of realization come over his features as he remembered. But Bessain had not forgotten that Siriel had used it in the first place, and now she had a half dangerous/half you-both-better-run gleam in her eyes.

(( :cheers: I got the last parts' permission from Dag. Mwa hahaha...roadtrip!!!!!!!!!! Let the games begin!!! :cheers:

Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2004 09:31
((erm.... *Ace Ventura voice* ALRIGHTY THEN!))

Bessain sighed whilist fingering both her dagger and reigns. "Must we shed blood on our first day out? I am NOT happy about being here in the first place." she hissed, adding tension to both of her companions. She turned her attention to Orcsbane, as a warning to Siriel, that she was going to forget her outburst and go on with a different topic.

Orcsbanes ears had been laided tighly against his head, since they started out. He rarely gave Bessain any trouble, why was he doing it now? He kept stalling to stomp his feet, snort or toss his mane, all the while giving out annoyed whinnies, occasionally snapping at the harness around his chest. Bessain had guessed that he was unacoustomed to pulling a cart. She had never before seen him harnesed to anything. But after awhile, his behavior started to bug her, and she had to stop him altogether, to check it out.

"Hold him still," she told Siriel, handing the young maiden the reigns. "You can do that, right?" Bessain questioned, in attempt to give Siriel a small sample of her verbal sword.

Their problem, did have something to do with his harness. She should have checked his harness before they left. The dwarf, not caring about the horse, had tied him to the cart with ropes so tight that they were pincing the stallion. "I'm sorry," she whispered, losening the strap at Orcsbanes belly, glaring at Dagoron at the same time.

Bessain hopped back into the drivers seat (vocab?), and snatched the reigns away from Siriel. A few moments of akward silence passed between the three, as the cart rolled along, anf hit every pothole in the road. "Dag? Why exactly, did you want to go home in the middle of a war?"asked Bessain.

The dwarf was silent.

Bessain, realizing that there was a reason for his silence, gave the cowering dwarf a glare that could have shattered stone.

"Well.... uh.... Erudu an' Morvana said.... that... uh... we could.... bring.... back.... afew..... of... me kin.... ter fight.... along side us..." he mumbled, cringing in his seat, after he was done, expecting to be hit.

They had just started on their way, and already Bessain could tell that it was going to be a long trip... not to mention coming back. "I see..." Bessain replied, trying to keep calm. Siriel started to slowly edge away from her. "So... you choose the stallion and not to mention its temporary owner... who both happen to be annoyed by dwarves, to come with you?! This is NOT my day..."

Once again, silence over took them, as Bessain entertained herself with daydreams that included both of her companion's heads, and her sword.

"Did you even tell anyone we were leaving?" Bessain starts up again. He probably didnt, but why should anyone care anyways.

***********Arrrgh!!! Stuck! I'll let you take it from here, Dag**

((BTW, kazze? When do you think sissy boy will be able to get out of the dumb healing tent? (Sissy boy: aka Rinben))
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2004 01:29
((ooc: one or two posts and he should be fine to leave!))

Keli walked along the lines of carts and wagons... through the encampment....

Krys?

What?

Did you move Adas mearas? Ashur and Orcsbane and Dawntreader?

Ashur and Dawntreader yes.... they are behind your tent with Sunthorne.... Ashur refused to go into the barn...

Where's Orcsbane?

I don't know........ Bessain is quite attached to him so hes probably with her........

You better ask Dhae........ I'll see Elrond and Mithrandir............. Is Roch there?

NO!! The pony is not here...............

The menatal swearing in sindarin and other things had Krys laughing............ And Saer looking at him oddly...........

"WE can't seem to find Orcsbane or Roch......... Keli is heading for Elrond........."

Saer shook his head.........

"I hope they haven't done anything rash...... Its not exactly the best time to go off..........."

Dhae stopped next to Krys..........

"We SHOULD have been able to hear Bessain leave... I um.... sort of tied just about everything she owned into knots........... in retaliation for her leaving me a carcass in my tent.........."

"Just remember, Elrond is STILL here and Erudu is liable to ask him what you deserve for starting your pranks here like you did in Imladris......"

The flush across Dhaes cheeks had Krys rolling his eyes..........

"Just remember NOT to include me in your wild ideas.............." muttered Krys at his brother...........
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2004 08:15
((Dag? Where are you when I need you? Get your nose out of the book I lent you, and get your dwarven butt back here. I'd go over to your house and drag you out, but i'll be asked to do something if I leave the safety of my room.

Oh, and to keep the two of you [*cough*Erudu and Morvana*cough*] temporarily happy, I changed the title of this thread. Still not sure if we should make a new one...))

Bessain, realizing that they had made ALOT of noise, stopped complaining about everything and pricked her ear back to make sure that they were not being watched. Dunlending were clumsy and would often make much noise where ever they sat/stood/walked.

Was it a good thing or a bad thing, that there was no noise whatsoever? It was way too quiet for a land that was in the middle of a war. Siriel seemed to notice Bessains discomfort and started to look for the cause. Bessain motioned for Siriel to keep a bow close to her.

A sudden loud click, sent shivers down both Bessain and Siriel's backs. Bessain attempted to push Orcsbane on a little faster, but pulled him to a halt when another 'click' was heard. Bessain slowly raised her hands over her head, as Siriel gave her an uncomfortable look, while the dwarf (who had not heard the deadly click) stared at Bessain as if she had lost her mind.

The annoying clicking sound, could belong to only one weapon Bessain knew of. This was the sound a crossbow made, when you stuck your foot into the metal stirrup, and pulled the bolt back, ready to let it fly with deadly accuracy. Dagoron, who finally realized why Bessain's arms were raised over her head in defeat, grabbed his axe.

As soon as the dwarf was ready to brandish his weapon, a series of clicks came from the crossbow weilders. A bolt landed in the dirt, right at Roch's feet, causing th pony to rear in fear, and Dagoron to cling to the small saddle.

The only thoughts that were going through Bessains mind: Such as: "Either they meant to scare the pony, or they dont know how to use their weapons. Please DONT shoot the mearas! Shoot me instead! I can't show up in Eregion again, if they shoot the mearas!"she thought to herself.

Surprisingly, no bolt came tearing through the air. Bessain slowly lowered her arms, and found the reigns. No bolt came. She spurred Orcsbane into a slow walk. A bolt landed at the back of their wagon, splintering the wood into little shards that flew in different directions. "Hyah!" Bessain cried, wanting to leave that area as soon as possible and hoping that the dwarf would get the hint.

As soon as the she-elf was satisfied that there were no longer any crossbows barred in their direction, Bessain slows the stallion. No one said anything, each one completely lost in thought.

"Thats our warning...I should think..."Bessain pipes up. "We're going to have a difficult time getting back into Eregion... without getting a few of the dwarves shot," she says to the dwarf. "...........We didnt bring one of our eldar friends, did we?"
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2004 02:36
Keli found Elrond with Gandalf.... and hesitated...... how in Erus name was she going to tell them THREE of them were missing....... let alone WHO was in the missing party....... and when Kale's head came up from the group around the table, she nealry bolted in the other direction.............

"Who, When and in which direction................"

Elronds voice nearly did her nerves in....................

"Bessain, Dagoron and Siriel...... I am not sure when, atleast orcsbane and Roch, Orcsbane harnessed to a wagon........ I spotted the tracks........... and.......... they are headed towards Dagorons home................."

I waited for Kale to explode............. but he only motioned to a figure waiting next to him............

"Show Rinben where the tracks start........ he'll have to go from there himself.......... and if you even THINK about going after their sorry hides.............."

The threat was not an empty one........... I was stuck here........... and I had thought of just going......... but I had responsibilities here too............ and they kept me here, if I was needed, I could always go later............

Rinben followed me to the edge of Eregion.......... where the tracks were visible in the soft ground...........

"They headed that way........... be careful......... and if you can, get them back here in one piece................"

(( Back! Change of jobs and school is a pain.......... but I'll be able to post more often.........))
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 07:20
Siriel tried relaxing her cramped up, sore muscles but she knew that since the shot had been tired, there was no chance of that. The she remembered something.

"Bessain...?" she asked cautiously. Bessain clicked her head sideways to face her. "Why did you tell me to grab a bow? You know I can't shoot at all... I would have been better off throwing rocks...." Admitting this shamed Siriel slightly, as even the dwarf could shoot a bow. But, she felt her friends would nbeed to know her weakness, if they were ever in a tight situation. Siriel blushed, her face turning a dark pink, and she stared at her boots.

Siriel's ears picked up the sharp cry of a hawk overhead. She looked upwards, and saw she recognized it. "It's Arrow!" She said. "They must've sent him if they were worried about us...if nobody told them we were leaving. The hawk circled around them once and then headed back towards Eregion.

Celon raised her arm to the sky. She had sent arrow out an hour before, and now he circled down and landed gracefully, his growing talons gripping her wrist with certainty.

Siriel, Bessain, and Dagoron are all fine. Although I did see a bolt sticking squarely out the back of the cart.

That's a relief. They just take off, in the middle of a sabatoge attack, and they don't tell anyone....you'd think at least the elven one would be wiser than that...

Celon started to look for Keli, Kris, Saer, Erudu.....someone important...
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 10:43
Erudú was returning from a tour of the healers tents where he spoke with the wounded and from checking the state of the armoury. He mind was far off in thought in matters of rebuilding and restocking the army, he rounded a corner and collided with Celon. He stood quickly and reached out his hand to help her up. "I'm sorry Celon I wasn't ….". Celon cut him off.

"Siriël, Bessain, and Dagoron are in big trouble on the Moria road ." She tells him gasping.

"Keli" Erudú called strongly.

"Kale's already gone out after them" she replied knowing what was coming.

"Celon what else can you tell me?" Erudú asks her.

"They're in a cart and…" She hesitates. "…Orcsbane is pulling the cart.

"Where does she get these insane ideas from. I'd kick her but all the way to Imladris but it wouldn't do any good" He growls. Erúvellas you have a rescue mission. Erudú fills Erúvellas in on what Celon has told him. Take the second company to bolster your numbers they're in that area, I'll send word to them. "Damn" Is all Erudú says as he storms off to the command tent Súlimo now at his side. He looks over the map and the route to Moria. "Súlimo raise the northern defences." Seconds later the alarm rings out.

Keli, Erúvellas is on his way and he'll have the second company in tow. Let Kale know that he will take command of the second company and try to eliminate this pocket of trouble. You be careful up there Keli.

[Edited on 8/11/2004 by Barahir1]
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2004 07:07
((GAAH! My life long goal is complete! Now, would someone PLEASE give me something to do?! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! :cry: ))

The tracks from both cart and pony, were clearly visible in the soft ground and were easy to follow in the darkening forest. The cart seemed heavily loaded and it was obvious that Orcsbane would need a rest sooner than usual. There was a good chance that he would catch up with the missing trio. One thing still worried him, though. Maethoron knew little of his sister, but from all that he had seen (or heard) about her, made him hope that she wasn't expecting any followers. He knew that she was capable of tricking him into a different course... or worse, she could have set a snare in the ground.

So, to make sure that he was not missing anything, he walked in Orcsbane's tracks, stopping where ever the cart came to a halt. This way, he could better understand the actions of his friends. He noticed the place where they had stopped to pick up Siriel and almost laughed at the thought, as he watched the scene unfold in his mind.

"Bessain...?" she asked cautiously. Bessain clicked her head sideways to face her. "Why did you tell me to grab a bow? You know I can't shoot at all... I would have been better off throwing rocks...."

Bessain rolled her eyes. "I was hoping that it would work for a nice bluff... I CAN return to Eregion if you two die, but not if the mearas dies... So, keep the horse alive and I won't have to kill you," she says with a smile, although Siriel looked horrified at the thought.

The cart they were using was heavily equipped with things they did not even need! Two large kegs of oil, three large packs of possesions bulging through the seams, more meat than they needed, ale and mead to bribe the dwarves with and anything else that Dagoron saw fit to bring. Orcsbane would need a rest soon. Not to mention that Bessain wanted to take a nap as well... but she didnt trust Siriel with the reigns.

"Dag? Since you didn't TELL anyone that we were leaving, did you ever think about what may happen if they send someone out to look for us and they run into those archers the same way we did?" Bessain asks after awhile.

Maethoron came to a stop, in the exact place his three friends had, with the archers. He jumped back a bit, when noticed the uneasy shuffling that Orcsbane had done. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the shiny point of the stray crossbow bolt, still left in the dirt...
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 01:42
Keli sighed as she watched Rinben head off after Bessain............and after Erudu finished telling her that Eruvellas was heading up with the second company............ Kale she did have to bother telling or waiting for........ HE and Saer were both glaring at her..............

Krys was just waiting with Saer..........

"How many and when?"

"Eruvellas, the second company and here they come.............."

"I will deal with you niece AFTER I get back............"

Atleast now that Krys is here you are thinking straight! BEFORE I would have been coming after YOU! And I am taking Orcsbane back..................A mearas to a cart?! How DARE they!

Kale stormed off........... the second company in tow....... Eruvellas looking just as angry.............Krys stepped up next to her............

"Why didn't you go? Bessain is your friend............."

"I have things here that prevent me from leaving........ And, I may still have to go........They choose a road straight into trouble............."

Keli looked away for a moment but Saer caught Krys' eyes..........

You are one of those reasons......... don't push......... she wants to be there for Bessain, but she wants and needs to stay here............ lets get back to Erudu............. and the others..............

Krys nodded..........

"Come on.......... Kale might yell,but its only their feelings that will be hurt when he catches up to them............. And I think maybe something to eat........... Everyone was up half the night or more.............."
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2004 02:27
It was starting to get dark and they would need to rest soon. "Aye lass, I be thinkin that we need ter stop 'n' rest." He said not taking his eyes off of where they were going. With a couple blinks on an eye his barrel shaped body had swung through the back canvas flaps of the wagon and landed in the back with some of his belongings. "I wonder if me brother'll be there!" he shouted up to them, all the while moving and stacking objects to make a crude bed. Roch, his faithful pony trotted faithfully behind the cart as it rolled through the soft ground. "Maybe by some of them trees..." he half mumbled as he opened a crate that was filled with dried meat. The constantly hungry dwarf pulled out a nicely sized piece of meat and bit a chunk out of it.

After he finished his meat he closed the crate, sealing in the strong smell of meat. After a couple times trying he successfully sat up and went to the back of the cart where he inspected the splintered end with the bolt securely stuck into it. The dwarf grabbed it and yanked twice then almost fell out when the bolt came loose. Inspecting it closely he came to the conclusion that it was of human make, maybe a low ranking dundaling troop. "Oi uh, Bess, Dundaling troop maybe?" he said as his head popped out of a small flap in the front of the wagon and held the bolt out "Bess! Howa bout it?" he said again as he held the bolt out to her.
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2004 06:39
Bessain tied the reigns off and looked at the bolt that the dwarf held out to her. “I would guess the same,” she answered. “I’d hate to think that an elf shot at us… Any elf with aim that bad needs to be shoved away in a dark hole, where they cannot disgrace their kin.”

She hopped out of the cart and placed blocks of wood in front and behind the wheels. “You best get inside Master dwarf, looks like rain soon and I’m letting Orcsbane off to graze,” she smiled as Dagoron pulled his head inside. Bessain left to tend to her tri-colored friend. Just so he wouldn’t bolt on her as soon as she loosened his straps, she pulled a bit of sugar from her pack. Orcsbane of course, continued to search his elven friend, knowing he would not be denied a bit more. “You’ve earned it…” Bessain whispered, tying him and Roch under a large tree to be sheltered from the rain.

Siriel and Dagoron were already bedding down, when she got back. She could hear the two whispering amoungst themselves. There was little room for a third person, so Bessain sat down in the drivers’ seat, with both legs thrown over one side, and her head leaning against the other. “Dagoron popped up in her face before she could settle in. “Can I tell Siriel about how I got ye to come?” he asked.

Bessain sighed. “Lets get one thing straight between you and I. I know you’ll tell Siriel anything about me, whether I like it or not, but follow these few rules I have and I won’t kill you when you tell her something embarrassing,” she said, staring the dwarf eye to eye.

The dwarf nodded.

“First off, if anyone else asks you my reason for tagging along, just say: I knocked her over the head with a club and tied her to the cart. Second, if anyone asks why we took a mearas that we didn’t own, say: It was the only horse available; all the other ones were slaughtered. I am almost certain that tying a mearas to a cart is some sort of offense in the elven world.”

“But Bess, he’s only half!” Dagoron reasoned.

“Nevertheless, now let me finish. Third, I have NOTHING to do with anything that may go on around here on this trip! So when they come to hang me, you WILL take the fault.”

Dagoron paused. “And why would anyone want to hang you?”

“Dag, you can’t possibly think that Kale, Elrond or Saer, which ever one owns Orcsbane, could think that the mearas ran off with a pony and cart. Just you wait, I am to be blamed.”

Dagoron rolled his eyes and continued his conversation with Siriel.

Rinben ducked into a roll, as bolts came crashing down at his feet. Not bothering to look back, he sprinted as fast as he could, trying to get away, just as his friends hopefully had. Why were dunlendings patrolling our borders? He wondered, rubbing his shoulder a bit, making sure he hadn’t torn anything.

He examined the clouds that were now forming. The rain could wash their tracks away. The ones here were pretty deep, but what if they started to travel over rocky terrain? It would be a lot harder to track them there. He started off at a run, no longer bothering to move as they moved, knowing he could lose their trail in matter of minutes.
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2004 07:49
((Oh you guys! It’s another joint post! This one done between Bess, Siriel, and myself, and uh, note to anybody thinking to attack, these thieves are both real characters so no killing them.))

Aroden the Swift, the common thief, lurked in the shadows with his partner in crime waiting for the moment to strike; they had recently spied on the traveling caravan of a most peculiar group. “Where would a Dwarf, elf and human be traveling together?” he said with a somewhat curious scowl on his face. During the day he had not been able to get close enough to tell that the human, was actually half elf. Now that the sun had set long ago and their fire was slowly burning down the time was almost there. “Can you feel it my friend? There will be a giant gain from this hit!” he said excitedly in a harsh whisper.

Déoran stood in the shadows near Aroden. His orange eyes slight aglow in the dark. These two were common highway men, and so far, their raids had never gone unsuccessful. It was going to be three against two, very soon. The fact that two of their victims were female brought a smile upon the visage of this road hardened thief. "They better fall asleep soon... who knows... someone may come down this road while we raid... the dwarf will prove a nasty opponent if he wakes," Déoran whispered. "IF he wakes, that is..." he thought, answering himself...

Siriel stirred uneasily by the fire. She already had her sword by her side, but she slipped her small dagger quietly under her pillow. "Hmmm....I still can't believe that those Dunlendings didn't pursue us further...maybe they're still out there. We should, I don't know, post a guard or something." As expected she received skeptical looks from the dwarf and the elf. Of course....don't suggest a watch unless you're the one willing to take it.

"Ya, alright I see how it is." She took her dagger out from her pillow, shoved it into it's proper sheath, and made herself as comfortable as possible, with her back to the fire. Remembering that it was always easier to look at someone in the light from the dark than looking out from the light into the dark, she shivered and checked left and right. Derra comforted her for the first time today, lying obediently by her side and wagging her tail softly. "And you, you big puppy, you'll probably fall asleep the first five minutes of the watch, won't you?" She ruffled her dog's fur, and secretly hoped that she wouldn't.

The rain started to come down freely and Dagoron didn’t want to get wet. The grumpy dwarf made his way rather quickly to the wagon and hopped…several times, trying to get inside it. He finally got inside the wagon and fell asleep quickly. Bess too had had enough of the rain and moved into the wagon, leaving Siriel alone in the rain to keep watch.

“He won’t wake up; I can hear his heavy breathing from here, through this rain.” He said as he shot a grin over at Déoran. “Which one do you want?” he said as his eyes flashed with evil glee. He rubbed the stubble on his chin as he debated the choice as if it was an important decision. “I’m feeling…generous today…” he said as he concluded his decision, “You can have the elf.” Aroden squinted at the camp, “one stirs.” He whispered as he moved his head towards Déoran but kept his eyes focused squarely on ‘the prize’.

"Oh generous master, I thank thee for the gift of something that is not yours," Déoran said in reply. His sarcastic tone let off that he was a little more than excited.

"You sneak around the right. I'll flank the left..."
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 08:40
Rinben still had a lot of catching up to do, or so he thought. The rain was not helping him one bit. Had it been a cloudless sky, he might have noticed the extra sets of footprints on the side of the road. The heavy boot prints were too wide to be Bessain's or Siriel's. And they were not heavy (or short) enough to belong to the dwarf.

But the rain had turned the road to slick mud, making Rinben think that any mark could be his sister leading the stallion through the storm, looking for a safe spot. He ran on and on, hoping to close the distance between himself and his quarry. Pulling his hood tighter around his face, and wishing that he had brought a horse, the elf continues forward wondering what had possessed his sister to come in the first place.

Deoran had little dealings with elves, before. They usually kept an annoyingly restless guard to watch their camps, whenever on the road. This one however had let a young 'girl', who seemed unsure of herself, to watch over them. How foolish this she-elf is, the theif thought to himself. Hopefully Aroden had silenced the guard already.

He took a good length of rope from one of the three bulging packs, as he stood over the sleeping she-elf. Unfortunately, Deoran did not know that most elves were light sleepers, unlike dwarves, and would wake at the slightest touch or sound. For a mortal, Deoran was silent.

The theif examined the she-elf's weapons that lay in the corner. How much would he profit from them! Some of the daggers wrought of fine silver! The dwarf's weapons were just as nice, though his axe was notched in several areas, naming the dwarf a veteran of countless battles. "Good thing he's asleep," the orange eyed highway man thought to himself as he made to tie the she-elf still.

Bessain, started to turn in her sleep a bit. Dreams of unseen danger fought for her attention. It was close, but she couldn't see it... nor could she figure out why she was soo tense. She woke with a start, when someone grabbed her hand. There was a man standing over her, and he seemed just as starled as she to see Bessain awake. It took her a split second to look him over. The man with the whip at his belt, rope in hand, dagger in his boot, strange colored eyes and smelled of 3-day old deer carcass.

Unfortunately, a split second was too long for Deoran, so he pinned her down, still trying to get the rope over the she-elf's hands.

Bessain, realizing what was happening, brought her feet up to the highway man's middle and shoved forward.

Deoran went tumbling out of the cart, taking the she-elf with him. He twisted around in the air, making sure that Bessain was underneath him, as they fell from the four foot drop from the cart to the ground, her head slamming into the rocks. Just as the shock started to pass, Deoran gave the she-elf a slap across the face attempting to keep her dazed.

And dazed she was as he hauled her up by the hair. Bessain, too stubborn and angry to be humbled to this theif, still tried to wrestle free though her eyes were covered with mud and tears. She fought to sit upright, all the while calling to her dwarven friend, who was STILL sleeping...

She managed to bring her sleeve up to wipe her eyes clean, trying to gain any advantage. Her mud masked assailant, had drawn the dagger from his boot, attempting to force Bessain to obey him.

One dagger, two opponents, one winner. Both expected to prove the stronger. Bessain had one hand around the dagger, and the other hand around her attacker's throat. Deoran did likewise. Both fighting for control of the only weapon in this brawl.

The rain had engulfed the fire, extinguishing the flame. Rinben, his ears somewhat keener than a dwarf, could make out the muffled cries from someone. His adrenaline rose as he pushed himself on harder.

He could make out for figures, struggling to fight for any advantage. One voice he recognized as Bessains, and went charging into the pile. Not even bothering to un-sheath his weapons, he tackled the brigand at the neck. He sat atop the orange eyed thief and introduced him to a right hook, which the thief received to the jaw.

[Edited on 23/11/2004 by Ohtariel]
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 11:48
Aroden too was silent for a mortal, but he did have a stench that a dog would have recognized. The hound issued a low growl and went out to look for the strange smell, only to meet the hilt of the thief’s dagger. The dog, now knocked cold posed no threat to him as he moved quietly over the women who sat on watch. She stirred and turned to face him when he was inches from her. From the expression on her face she was shocked, using this time he flashed a wicked grin and quickly blind sighted her. After she fell to the ground he shook his head in disbelief. "Second time I meet you..." he whispered to her. He had met her once before, she had foolishly led him and his notorious friend to a place for profit of the both of them.

She wasn't hit as hard as the dog so she was just dazed so the thief quickly went to work by first picking up her small form and hurried over to a small patch of trees the caravan had stopped under. By now the woman had shaken off her daze and kicked and clawed at him. He harshly threw her down onto the uneven ground, knocking the wind from her and quickly bound her hands to a tree behind her. By this time he was hearing a lot of commotion coming from the other side of the camp, too much noise at all for his cunning friend. “Don’t go anywhere.” He said to her as he took her sword and dagger and left to aid his friend.

He came to see that Déoran was out matched by the elf girl and to his surprise, an elven male that he must have missed or something. He ran at the male and hit him with Siriel’s sword, it being harmlessly deflected by the mans plate armor. Kicking him hard Rinben flew off of Déoran and slid a few feet in the thick mud. Aroden quickly handed the thief the sword and gave a grin, then pulled out his kriss that had been given to him as a gift. The two stood back to back, swords drawn, ready to fight their way out if need be.

Aroden saw Déoran out of the corner of his eye; he had pulled his whip out and snapped it abruptly at the woman he couldn’t seem to control if his life depended on it. They both knew that they had to fight with little sound as possible so that they didn’t wake the dwarf that had been battle hardened to almost perfection. Aroden flipped the side of his cloak up and revealed his one handed crossbow that had been previously cocked but the bolt still needed to be placed. He somehow figured out how to load it with a sword in his hand and pointed it at the man and held his sword firmly towards the women.

At the last second the thief lowered his crossbow and pulled the trigger. The bolt went where it was intended to and struck Maethoron in the thigh. He dropped to one knee and Bessain charged at Déoran, soon the fight was in full scale. The woman clashing weapons with Déoran and Aroden, finding an advantage in the male elf, rushed in swinging.
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2004 03:27
The half-elven maiden screamed in frustration. It had been a long while since anyone had over powered her, and she was thuroughly embarrassed and angry. The fact that Dagoron had slept through it, and that she had fallen asleep on watch was not helping. "DAG! Help! Dag-or-on!" She waited a moment, and heard no reply. That dwarf could sleep through a storm on a rowboat....but this is not the short one's finest moment... "Bess! Hoy Bess!" She saw from behind the wagon that Bessain was struggling with Aroden and Deoran, who she had met once, a time ago. She flicked her head backwards towards her. "I need something, uh, a knife would be nice!" Before she could blink she saw a flash of cold steel and a small dagger was embedded in the bark of the tree near her head. She had one more knife herself, a small secret one hidden in her boot, but in her current position there was no way to reach it. Grabbing it in her teeth, she jerked hard, ripping it out of the wood, made soft by the rain. Luckily there was a little slack in the rope, allowing her to twist around and saw at it with the knife.

As soon as she was free, she grabbed the knife in her hands, and went charging off towards the fight. Seeing her old enemy had woken up some fire of hatred buried deep inside her human heart, and it sprang to her advantage. Maethoron come into view, with a very painful looking wound, and she hesitated for a moment wondering how he had come here. Then many things happened at once. She saw Aroden, rushing in with a sword. Not just a sword....my sword- she thought. Deoran's whip lashed out at Bessain, and since Bessain's attention had turned so slightly towards her brother, it caught her square in the face. Siriel saw, like it was happening in slow motion, Aroden lunge at Maethoron. She was still running, and with all the strength she could muster threw herself at the thief. He was almost to the elf, sword outstretched, when Siriel hit him with full force. The impact with the thief didn't hurt nearly as much as the one with the rocky ground, however, and the two skidded across the turf for a while, but luckily she had managed to keep her dagger in hand. Now I just have to keep him in a tight space, where he can't use that broadsword properly.
<< First1112131415Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email