Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1213141516
Author Topic:
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Eregion *need new ppl, pm to join* (KEEP)
on: November 26, 2004 10:28
The signs and smell in the air said that rain was to come before the night was half through. Erudú waited in the command tent even though he knew Kale would call him as soon as they were found. Erudú's anger at Bessain had changed to concern for his friends'. Keli, Morvana, himself and the three of them were the first to ride into Eregion as an organised troop, and they were the first who came solely to reclaim Eregion as an Elvish nation once again. He hadn't thought back to those days for quite sometime with everything that had recently taken place, now it seemed as though it were only yesterday.

Erudú walked over to a rather sombre looking Keli and sat in front of her and took her hands in his. "We have been through worse Keli, remember those first days and what we went through, it seemed as though there was an orc behind every stone big enough to hide behind. I have already told what I could of those days to the scribes that the story would never be forgotten, and they have orders to come to you and put into writing what you know while Morvana and I were in Lorien. How we came through it all is a wonder." He stands and paces the floor for a few minutes in thought struggling with himself when Morvana's call breaks into his thoughts. Erudú? Morvana calls to him. I feel your anguish and know what you desire to do but is it the prudent thing to do. You would put yourself in harms way and you have the finest ellyn in the field searching for them. He really didn't know what to say to her but he knew that nothing needed to be said because they knew each other's thoughts well enough. Be careful. Were her last words to him.

Erudú wanted nothing more than to mount up and ride out and join the search and he knew that Keli felt the same. It would be irresponsible of him to do that and to take Eregion's second in command with him would be viewed as being very fool hardly and there was doubt in his mind that words of anger would be said by Elrond, Saer and the others. Saer had been watching Keli and Erudú and Erudú knew it. He went and stood over the map laid out on the table and on it were all the trails to Moria, which had mostly been covered. But as he looked over the map Erudú realised that a few of the ancient routes were not on the map and some might still be passable though they would be in poor condition. "Keli, is there not a old trail from the road here across brush country which meets the road again here?" He asks her. She looks closer at the map. "Yes there are two trails that go through here, they both fell into decline some years ago because of the rock through here which made it a slow and rough route, few if any still use it." She says as she looks up at Erudú. Erudú winks at her and a moment later Súlimo leaves the tent.

Saer has become suspicious of them and moves to the table eyeing the two of them. Erudú picks up a quill and places the trail onto the map as best he can recall. "I'll have Kale go over that route in the morning if he can spare anyone." Erudú sits close by Keli and Krys and Saer returns to his chair. Keli, Krys when Súlimo returns he will have four mounts outside the tent ready to go. I'm going after them and Súlimo will ride with me, you may choose to do as you wish. Súlimo returns some 20 minutes later and walks into the tent and goes straight to Erudú as though he was bringing some urgent word word to him of something serious. The horses are ready my Lord. Erudú stands and makes his way out of the tent with Súlimo. I will wait for you at the junction of the trail for a quarter hour if you choose to come. This is foolhardy I know but the choice is yours.

Outside the tent and to its left side Súlimo leads Erudú to the horses. They take the reins and walk the horses a short distance away before mounting and riding for the northern gate of the city. There were guards and troops stationed there and as they approached the guards stopped them. Seeing who the riders were they bowed their heads. "Open the gates would you please" Erudú asks. Without question the gates are opened and Erudú and Súlimo slowly ride out into open country. Erudú smiles, its been to long since he had done this. They ride to the junction of the trail and road and wait.

"Do you think they will come?" Súlimo asks him. "I know Keli wants to be here but I honestly don't know what she will do." Within ten minutes the sound of riders approaching can be heard but it is certainly more than two. Erudú and Súlimo back off and hide in the brush that grows in the area. A group of twelve riders approach and stops at the crossroad. "Lord Erudú." A very familiar calls quietly. Erudú moves out and approaches Erúvellas. "Who told you?" Erudú asks him. "Saer called Kale and he called me. They figured it out and hope I could talk some sense into you, but I know better." Erúvellas comments. "Do Keli and Krys come to join us?" Erudú asks. "I'm sorry I have no word of them." Erúvellas replies. "We'll wait a few minutes more and give them time" Erudú comments.

[Edited on 27/11/2004 by Barahir1]

[Edited on 27/11/2004 by Barahir1]
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 03:25
Bessain was fighting herself, rather than the thief in front of her. Anger was her main emotion at the moment, even though she was happy to see her brother well. She was filled with uncontrollable rage as she fought herself to keep her wit.

Deoran’s whip snapped at her again and again, yet she always managed to stay away. Bessain had been nicked with every kind of weapon she could think of… except a whip. She could understand the fact that it would probably hurt, but as soon as she took it to the head, the words ‘probably hurt’ disappeared into the fact that it DID hurt. Deciding that this type of pain was much different than a blade, Bessain pulls the sword from her brother’s hand. “You’re dead!” she roared toward Deoran, no longer able to control her anger.

The thief took a couple steps back, then charged right back in, too stubborn to show his intimidation from the pathetic she-elf. His whip snapped back out and licked at Bessain’s forearm. Bessain would not give the thief the satisfaction of knowing that this was degrading her will to keep fighting and could not stop herself from letting out a pain filled groan that should have been a cry of pain. Bessain grabbed the end of his whip, before it slid off her arm. Unable to turn her hand around in time, Bessain’s sword came down, flat side first, leaving a red lined mark on the side of Deoran’s head, knocking him to the ground.

Rinben, who had quickly gotten rid of the dart in his leg, helped to tie Deoran still, hoping his sister’s rage would not cause her to do something stupid. After being stabbed in the shoulder, the small dart was nothing; he just hoped it wasn’t poisoned. As he had hoped, Bessain did not do anything. He looked up to greet her properly, but realized that she was no longer near him. Rinben then remembered the thief who had kicked him.

It was now three to one, on Aroden’s part, and he too, soon found himself tied next to Deoran. Siriel, Rinben and Bessain stood near the heads of their captives, trying to decide what was to be done with them. Rinben purposely stepped in front of his sister, knowing that she was ready to put their assailants into an eternal sleep.

A growl soon erupted from the cart, and the dwarf came out, shouldering his axe. “What in the name o’ Aule are ye doing out here?!” he demanded, now noticing the two thieves and Rinben. He looked to Bessain, as if asking for an explanation, but she just shrugged in reply. Dagoron advanced upon the two thieves, cursing them for keeping him out of fun’s way.
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 04:42
Saer growled.......... just what they needed....... he plainly saw the hoofprints leading away and two other horses waited.......

His head whipped around and he spotted Keli and Krys yanking the tent flap shut......

Kale!

What?! and Don't yell.........

Send Eruvellas after Erudu.....

All right.........

He growled and headed away from the tent..........

If you are going...go now............ before I change my mind..... and before Bessain gets in any more trouble............

Keli and Krys ducked back into the tent.............

"Well we've missed Elrond and Duath........... I guess it was too much to hope we'd get away from your father............."

Keli shook her head.........

"Hed be riding after Bessain if he himself wasn't injured......."

They ran for the mounts tied next to the tree and thundered off..............

"Come on........ Erudu and Sulimo will be gone............ we need to take this path!"

Keli suddenly veered off.............and they galloped as fast as they could................

Just as Keli thought............. Erudu had been waiting...........and was about to leave........ but this older trail was incomplete............ it had splintered and she and Krys were ABOVE them............... and now had no way down..............

The high cry of a falcon drew both she and Krys' gaze up............ Shadowstrike landed on Krys' arm............

"Go Strike.............. show Erudu where we are!"

The falcon dropped into erudu's vison.................

We are UP here Erudu! An even OLDER trail........ we'll need to ride on this plateau! The trail down is not passible but we can ride parallel to you! Lets go get Bessain!
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2004 08:03
Siriel lunged forward to kick Aroden, after he was tied down, but Rinben caught her and held her back. Of course that wasn't the honorable thing to do, and an elf should have a better sense of dignity, but it mattered little to her. She bared her teeth in frustration, and bent down to pick up her sword. While she was kneeling over, she tried to indescreetly dry her eyes with her cloa, and when she stood she threw her hood over her face angrily. Crying was something she hadn't done in a long time, but this set of events just set off the rage building inside her.

"We should kill them! That would be more than just! How many others do you think died at these fool's hands, these petty thieves!" Siriel wanted badly to end it for them both, quickly. Last time she had met those two, she had barely managed to escape. If the demons of her past were dead, they wouldn't be able to haunt her. She looked over at Bessain, to see if she would be as angry as she. Dagoron just looked confused. "Sure it's not right to kill them in cold blood, but they would have done the same to us! I...I don't care!"
Her voice was slightly cracking as she said this, and she had to avert her eyes from the situation to try and calm herself. The overwhelming desire to run came over her, just run as far away as she could from these wretched thieves, as far away from the mountains, even as far away from Middle- Earth as she could........
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 03:52
Dagoron finally stirred from his deep...very deep slumber, and staggered out of the wagon. The relentless rain still beat down and the fire had gone out but through almost periodic lightning flashes he could see that Rinben, along with two men he had never seen before sit outside. "What in the name o' Aule are ye doin out here!?" he grunted as he hopped out of the wagon and stumbled over to the two thief's, smacking his ax blade deep into the ground. He shot an icy glare to the thieves, letting them know if they even touched the ax that he would kill them with his bare hands.

He looked over to Siriel, she had that look in her eyes that she was going to do something stupid soon. "Don't ye go an' do whatever ye was goin ter, I know that look an' I've seen it befer." The dwarf let out a long sigh as he looked to Bessain, "Lets jus get rid o' these runts!" he yelled as he picked up his ax and cracked Aroden in the nose, then smacked Deoran across the face with the flat side of the double blades, leaving the red mark of his family imprinted as a bruise. "lets tie em' to something then we'll be on our way." He said as he rested the ax on the ground and looked at all their faces for an objection. He got none so he started on his way to tying the thieves to the horses they snuck up on.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 03:05
I tried to figure out how long the three of you had been on this little Sunday drive but I couldn't. So if the timing and distance is out TOUGH. time to do the supper thing I'll edit later on.

Erudú and his mount seemed to be on edge, he kept looking up the old roadway and then back to the city waiting for Keli and Krys. He waited in the rain staining to hear the sounds of approaching riders but there was nothing. Maybe they saw just how irresponsible this was or maybe Saer held them back. "We can wait no longer." Erudú shouted. "We ride now." Erudú had only just spurred on his mount when Keli's voice came to Erudú's mind a big smile went across his face, he knew she couldn't stay behind either, and the rage of Saer was not on his mind at that moment. He saw Shadowstrike and looked up and over his right side and saw them on the old road above them. I'm glad you joined us Keli and that goes for you to Krys,.. lets find them and bring them home. The company rode on through the driving rain into the darkness in front of them. They were soaked through but they rode on for hours with the only light being that which streaked through the sky as the storm released its fury on them. They road became more broken up which slowed them considerably but Keli and Krys were finally able to join them as the two ancient roads merged into one.

They had stopped only twice to rest the horses but considering all they made good time. They had left at twilight and now the night was nearly half through. They rode at a slower pace and had covered some thirty-five leagues when a bolt of lightening flashed in the distance and revealed the silhouette of a wagon ahead. "There they are!" Súlimo shouts. With the horses spurred on they covered the distance quickly wondering what they will find. Erudú and Keli are off their mounts before they stop with their swords drawn and ready. "Bess, Siriël !" Erudú shouts as he runs forward to the wagon. From around the side Dagoron steps out and looked at them bewildered. "Dagoron, thank Eru your alright."

"Aye we're alright no thanks to you and that lot." He replies gruffly.

Erudú smiles and pats the dwarf on the back. "I'm actually glad to see you believe it or not." Erudú comments as he walked up to him.

Siriël walks up from the front of the wagon. "We have wounded." She says dryly and turns away.

Keli was already with Bessain and Erúvellas and Súlimo were with Rinben who had a leg wound. Erudú goes to Bessain. "You had us quite worried when Shadowstrike returned and told us of your situation, and we could not leave one of the founders in peril now could we? Bess looks up at him with that what are you talking about look in her eye. "Your one of the six Bess and we look out for each other no matter what, no matter where, now can you tell me what happened here." Bess told Erudú what took place in a basic summery of the events. Angered Erudú walks over to the two men and glares at them.

Erudú bends down and picks up the older man forcing him to stand. "Trash like you I will not tolerate in Eregion." He looks closer at the mans dress and sees that he and the other are not Dunlendings. "You dogs, your from Gondor, I would kill you here but that would be to good for scum like you." He throws the man against a tree and the man falls hard against the rocks. "Prince Faramir is in Tharbad and I will hand you over to him, Elessar will know what to do with you. If you were not of Gondor I would slit your stomachs open and leave you to the scavengers to finish off.

"You elf pig." Aroden says with loathing.

Erudú stares at him his eyes filled with hatred "What did you say?" Aroden says nothing but spits on the ground in front of Erudú. Rage sores through Erudú as he grabs Aroden and stands him, he cuts the bonds that tied him and took a sword from one of the warriors and throws down in front of Aroden. "Pick it up if you have the courage to back up your words." Erudú taunts him "Or do you only challenge those who you think are an easy mark. Well you chose your mark poorly when you went after these elves." Erudú kicks the sword toward him. "I will only use my dagger, that should swing the odds to your favour, or is it still not easy enough for you?" Erudú glares at him waiting for him to pick up the sword or make a move. "It is as I thought, you go after the women and children and fear to confront even the weakest warriors." Erudú walks up to him holding his dagger as if he was about to use it. The man cringed slightly expecting to have the dagger driven into him but all Erudú did was push Aroden to the ground. "Bind the coward." Erudú picked up the sword and wiped the mud from the blade and then returned it to the warrior.

"Erúvellas how is the patient doing?" Erudú asks as he walks over to them.

"Súlimo has tended the wound and binds it but he'll be off his feet for a few days for sure." Keli them joined them while they were discussing Rinben and joined the discussion. "Bess is bloodied and wounded but she'll be alright, that Gondor trash used a whip on them and Bess caught it in the face.

A shudder of rage went through Erudú when Keli told him of the whip and were it only the 5 of them there he would have found an excuse to kill both of the men. Well lets get them patched up as best we can and get them back for Duath or Celon to see to them. Erudú left the group and walked around the wagon checking it out to make sure it would make it back to the city in one piece. He noticed Siriël by herself off to the edge of the road not talking or doing anything.

He was about to talk to her to find out how she was when something in him said no. As he stood looking at her he became aware of her feelings and the pain she felt emotionally and physically. She was badly wounded but this type of wound was not seen with the eyes. She wanted to be away from all this, her human side was very deeply distressed and her elvish side fought to find the sense in it all. Siriël I know what it is you struggle with. Erudú told her in her thoughts. You can run but the anguish and pain follows you wherever you go. You have done very well here even if you do not think so, your effort may have well saved the lives of the others. Return with us for leaving is not the answer and if you wish to leave I will make the arrangement for you to return to Imladris for as long as you desire. You and the others are the closet thing anyone of us has to family and anyone of us will stand with you and even go with you if you so desire. Please do not take to the open road for the pain and the hurt will heal and you will be stronger for it. Erudú knew not if he had chosen the right thing to do or the right words to say he only knew what he felt inside of her for sure and how he did that he was not quite sure.
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 07:30
It was hard for Siriel to except, that the thieves would be brought to Eregion, and then sent back Gondor. She could only hope that they recieved just punishment there. She stood alone, off to the side and watched the others talking and greeting each other happily. hen she heard Erudu's voice inside her head, and it was quite startling because it was new and strange to her. The thought of someone being able to speak with minds was dismaying, but somehow she found his words comforting, and she listened without interruption. Siriel wanted to say something back to him, maybe starting with 'thank you', but she could not manage the mindspeak. Insead she just turned his way and gave him a slow, rateful smile.

She had not realized that she had become a part of Eregion, but something had to have done it, the people, the fighting, the fellowship, had stopped the rolling stone that was her. Now she knew, that it wasn't right, as Erudu had said, for her to wander this time, not until the struggle of Eregion was over. There was a purpose for her here. What exactly that was, she knew not, but knew she would sooner or later. Shaking herself out of her mood, she joined the group, looking at each one of them in a new way. Family, he had said. I never had a family...maybe...maybe this family is a good thing.
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2004 03:19
Krys struggled with rainsoaked traces binding Orcsbane to the cart...... and finally got the mearas out of them.......

"I am surprised you didn't stomp someone to death orcsbane...... really a cart?"

The meara snorted and shook as Krys hitched the horse he had been riding to the cart........ and turned it around........ ignoring any glares or snorts from Dagoron........... or anyone else............

He watched Keli work with Rinben.......... and Erudu and the others...... everyone was soaking wet, and reasonably miserable....... and Bessains wounds he whimpered in pain with.... He knew all too well the feel of a whip.......

We are an awfully sorry lot Erudu......... a mixture of everything......... and nothing in particluar......... perhaps thats what makes us strong...............

He went to go to Keli when the shudder passed through him.......... something not of his own senses, nor of shadowstrikes, for the falcon sat on the wagonseat.................... but of something of the wild birds just beyond sight.........

His whisper warned the others.............

"We are not alone............ "
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 07:10
Equally happy to see her friends unharmed, stirs Bessain’s train of thought. How did her friends get here unharmed? If they had they taken the same road the traveling trio had, they would have run into the Dunlending archers. Surely the Dunlending were not as stupid as they looked! Surely they would recognize the two highest ranking nobles of Eregion! Even then, the Dunlending would have reported a small cart leaving Eregion! That might have interested that Tarterus fellow…. Perhaps Erudu, Keli and Krys had taken a different road.
We are not alone….

At the moment, Bessain had a clean cloth pressed up against the side of her face to wipe away any blood that did not wash away with the rain. Her wound stung whenever she removed the cloth, so she kept it in place and scanned the tree line with her left eye. She couldn't see much due to the rain anyway.

It couldn't possibly be of Dunlending nature, Shadowstrike would have seen it long before Krys did. In Bessain’s opinion, Krys’ brother could be an idiot at times… perhaps Krys was just as weird? Talking to horses was indeed both a blessed and strange gift at the same time. The bird hadn’t sensed anything and the horses were NOT going crazy.

Bessain decided that they would have to trust Krys’s judgment for the time being. Besides, where would she be if she judged everyone by her perspective of her rival wandering friend, Dhae? ((lol!))

“Wargs perhaps?” Bessain questioned, but soon realized that she was standing alone and talking to herself. She jumped into the cart and strapped on her own weapons, returning Rinben’s as soon as she was done.

((erm......can u say p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c? Although a few of you might have some choice words for me that clash into my new signature...))

[Edited on 6/12/2004 by Ohtariel]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 09:09
Erudú's heart ached as he watched Keli treat Bessain's wounds, wounds made by the sting of the whip. He turned and glared at the two Gondorian men, he had to fight the desire to beat them senseless with his bare hands for what they had done to Bess. The wagon moved as Krys shifted it to face south for the return journey home. Erudú hopped in once Krys was done and began to move the supplies that the three had brought for now the space was needed for the wounded, if they were sensible and rode in the wagon and the two prisoners. Erudú opened a box that was filled with salted meat and pulled a tarp to one side, which revealed a barrel of ale. "Dagoron why am I not surprised." Erudú muttered.

The meat would stay and there was enough for a meal or two for everyone and it would be a welcome break from lembas bread, which was soft and damp. He knew that Dagoron would have something to say about it so he would say nothing of it. The barrel of ale went outside to a barrel mount on the side of the wagon where Erudú secured it and with any luck Dagoron would not notice till they were under way.

"We are an awfully sorry lot Erudú.....….. a mixture of everything......... and nothing in particular......... perhaps that's what makes us strong..............."

Erudú smiled at Keli's comment. We must be an odd lot to look at Keli but I would rather have none other by my side.

"We are not alone............ "

Erudú caught Krys warning as he rounded the back corner of the wagon and walked over to him. "What is it?" Erudú asks him.

"I'm not sure but there is something watching us. " Krys replies.

"I remember the orc encampment not far from Hollin Ridge but I would have thought that they would have been drawn down to the attack on the city." Erudú says puzzled. "Orcsbane and Shadowstrike sense nothing, if it were man or beast Orcsbane alone would be on edge and we would know it."

Bess comes and joins the two men. "We could shoot a volley into the dark and see what comes of it?" Bessain suggests.

"Yes we could but something isn't right about this and the sooner we move on under the cover of darkness the better." Erudú has the prisoners put securely in the wagon and under guard. He then splits Erúvellas's men into two groups one frontal and one in the rear, he checks again with Krys who has been watching for any movement. "Anything yet Krys?" he asks.

"No I'm sorry there's nothing." Krys says.

It is then that Erudú feels the presents also. "It is Tartarus." Erudú says out loud. What you felt Krys was the eye of the palantir watching us. There, now he is gone. Turn the wagon around." Erudú orders.

"But why?" Siriël asks him. "Surely you can get help"

"Tartarus will muster what ever he can and have them waiting for us. He will likely set-up five or ten leagues outside of the city but he could set up an ambush anywhere along the route." Keli explains.

Erudú rides up to Siriël and explains further. "I can spare more lives if we go to Moria since Tartarus knows what route we are forced to take back. I'll tell Kale of this and he can go out and surprise them,… but we would be an easy slow target for them and they could strike anywhere along the way back. Hopefully Dagoron's dwarves will aid us and then we can follow the trade road back. If all goes well you will sup with dwarves tomorrow night Siriël." Erudú says as rides off and does one last quick inspection and then gives the command to move out, the group is on their way to Moria. Dagoron rides Roch very pleased with himself but then he spots the barrel of ale on the side of the wagon.

[Edited on 6/12/2004 by Barahir1]
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 03:16
((I'm going to get this going on the way, too bad if you don't like it))

Dagoron rode his pony alongside the wagon, keeping his eye on his ale barrel. He wasn’t too happy about it being moved to make room for the lice infested thieves but this would cause the least amount of time loss on their trip. In a way it was one of the logical things to do, if they pulled them behind the caravan they would probably make as much protesting as they could. But with them in the wagon, the battle hungry dwarf could do anything to them. Everybody wanted them dead he thought. Maybe I should do it myself... but he knew Erudu would be cross with him if he did, and he didn't need that right now.

He quickened his pace to ride up to Erudu and looked up to him. "Ya know Erudu," he had the tone of one who would be angry "I wanna say...well..." he lowered his tone to a whisper "Thank ye fer comin." he quickly heightened the volume in his voice to cover any ideas about him getting soft with his elven friend. "We coulda done it ourselves though!" He cared about all of his friends he had made in Eregion, although he would never allow himself to admit it to them. "Bah," he said with a wave of his hand "you know what I mean." he said as he slowed his pace to ride behind the wagon and keep watch on the thieves.

The day passed rather quickly to the dwarf, for he entertained himself with various ideas on how to torture the two captives and how the arrival of the caravan would go with his short tempered kin. "I'll be a'ridin up front, they won' take kindly ter all these elves at the door," he rode up to Erudu, "Keep them," he pointed to the elven forces around them "back away from the cart, They might not let'em in at all." He spurred the weary stricken pony faster to gain some distance ahead of the whole caravan, keeping an eye out for any patrols that may have been stationed around the gates. He got off the pony, thinking it wise to walk knowing the ways of dwarven guards.

Just as he turned the corner, he heard two gruff voices yelling as they charged. The charging guards wore spiked armor from head to toe and they were prepared to bash into all who oppose them. Acting quickly he spread his legs to ready himself if they wouldn’t be able to stop. "Stop what yer doin!" he bellowed "Don't ye know yer own kin when ye see 'em!?" The two dwarves eyes widened as they realized who it was and skidded to a stop almost too close for comfort. The three of them shared laughs that came from deep in their gut. "I uh, brought some o' me friends...I'll introduce ‘em to all o' ye later, but now we need ter get inside." he said as the wagon came into view. Hopefully the elven brigade would stay back while Dagoron tried to persuade the dwarves to let them stay for a little while. And then he would even have to get an army of dwarves to march to Eregion to help fight and rebuild the city.
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 03:55
As much as Bessain liked that idea of leaving Eregion, just for awhile... she didnt like the idea of Moria. Aside from Dagoron-- who she could barely handle-- Bessain found the entire race of dwarves a bit of an annoyance. This group was but a fair bit of elves(aside from Dag), soon to be surrounded by a LARGE group of dwarves. And from experience, Bessain knew that this was not going to be a good thing...

Two dwarves soon rounded the corner, clad in armor that bore spikes over every inch of their helms. "Battleragers!" Bessain groaned.

"Battle what?" Maethoron whispered, studying the two dwarves with great interest.

"Battleragers," Bessain corrected. "Their lives revolve around those spikes you see on their armor. Their only job in war, and in life, is to run into things... literally. They want nothing more than to grease their armor with orc blood.... or the blood of any other foe... Luckily the "art" of battleraging, seems to have died down a bit." Bessain considered the fact of killing these two, just to make sure that the teachers of battleraging died out quick.

"Bess!" Maethoron hissed, obviously noting the evil glares she was giving the newcome dwarves. "We're supposed to form an alliance! Not start ANOTHER war!"

She nodded, and listened to the conversations between Dagoron and the two dwarves. Dagoron had tried to teach Bessain the dwarven tongue, but she had refused to be taught. The language was a bit to gruff for her to try and pronounce. Unfortunately, she did understand a bit going on in their conversation. Bessain caught the words "Dagoron's pet elves" throughout the whole thing, leaving Bessain growling in frustration.

Bessain hopped out of the cart, now giving her brother the excuse that she wanted to walk. The first dwarf, regarded Bessain for a minute, but then continued in his conversation. The other one, however, was a bit younger, and thought it polite to share his feelings.

"Suren, your kind is not completely beardless?" he asked.

Bessain, not recognizing the change in accent, remained quiet, knowing what was to come next. She had had this conversation, the first time she met Dag, and did not want to have it again. Bessain turned to jump back into the cart, knowing she would surely kill the dwarf if this continued.

"Ye mighta fooled me! It's hard to tell which elves are lads n' which are the lass's!" The dwarf continued.

"Likewise," she thought. Bessain looked back to Erudu and Keli, waiting to be instructed to kill the dwarf. Still she stayed silent.

"Never have I met a lass without a beard down to her feet! Or atleast a bit o' stubble!" He started to laugh. "These she-elves would look cuter with beards!"

Bessain took a breath to calm herself, knowing that they needed to form an alliance. "I'll consider growing one! An elf could always use a beard to tickle their toes." she said quietly and sarcastically.

The dwarf, more commonly know as Rubble, laughed even harder and through tear streaked eyes, he roared "See that ye do!!" and stared to lead the caravan towards their city. He would have whiped the tears from his eyes, but dismissed the thought as he remembered that his hard was covered in spikes.

Bessain, humbled and embarrased, sat down in the cart, wanting this to be over with. Maethoron smirked at her, trying desperately to hide his mirth at the thought of Bessain with a beard.

"I wouldn't be so happy, Rinben." Bessain snarled. "They think that you're a 'wee lil lassie'." she finished.

The conversation between Dagoron and his kin continued as the cart rolled down the bumpy road, rocking back and forth in the wake of the three dwarves.

Bessain, still listening in on the conversation, trying to pick out what word meant what. She heard something that could have been "Haul her down and cut off her head!" Or it might have been..."Let them stay, to be hosted with wine and bread!"
Bessain hoped it was the latter.

[Edited on 9/12/2004 by Ohtariel]

[Edited on 9/12/2004 by Ohtariel]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2004 07:45
Erudú smiled as Dag spoke understanding well what he meant. "I'm sure things would have turned out well either way Dagoron, we just wanted to make sure that’s how things turned out. We would want something to happen to our friends would we? I hope your people will not be alarmed at our arrival Dagoron? Though I'm sure you'll be able to take care of any issues that arise, but I will have Erúvellas and his men remain hidden until you explain the situation to them."

Dagoron goes on ahead to prepare for the elves arrival and as promised the elves held back. Erudú rode beside the wagon and came up to Dagoron and his companions slowly. Erudú was surprised to see battlerages, he had thought they were now only spoken of in the stories. Change comes slowly to the dwarves and some colonies still held onto some of the old ways that served them well. The thought of being rammed by one of the dwarves gave him a shudder. The wagon pulled up and he dismounted. The dwarves walked around the wagon with Dagoron and seemed quite at ease with the elves presents. A clamour arose and horses could be heard clearly and the sound of metal against metal reached Erudú's ears at the same instant as Erúvellas's call. "Erudú Orcs!" Dagoron looked alarmed as Erudú remounted. "Orcs!" Erudú says as he draws his sword and rides off into the fray. The dwarves look at one another and smile.

There were about thirty of the creatures and a quick look at the battlefield told Erudú that this was no planned attack. The orcs seemed disorganised even though there was an uruk shouting out orders. Erudú made him his first mark and rode straight at him swinging his sword and severing his head, which rolled into the brush along the roadside. Loud war cries came from the dwarves as they charged into the battle, maybe battleragers still had their place, Erudú thought as they charged down the road.

[Edited on 12/12/2004 by Barahir1]
elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 06:28
It had only been a couple of hours since Erudu took his leave off to accompany the others on their journey to Moria. Morvana was beginning to feel restless and at the same time useless. She then decided to leave the tent in which she sat and made her way over to the command tent. There upon arriving, she sat herself down and studied the maps sprawled across the table.

"There is no use to this," Morvana said to herself, sending the maps flying across the room. "I have looked at these a hundred times and a hundred times again! Looking at maps is not going to help me here..." Morvana laid her head to rest upon her folded arms, frustration overcoming her. Then, quite suddenly, an object came to lie on Morvana's lap, bringing quite a shock to her and sending the creature back a few steps.

"Oh, sorry Warfrost, you startled me is all," replied Morvana as she rubbed behind the hound's ears. "Where have you been all this time? Why, I can't remember the last time I've seen you around these parts." The dog just looked up with soft eyes and whined lightly. Several minutes passed by, at first without any movement or sound until a horse was heard wildly crying out in agony.

Morvana stood up and went to the entrance of the tent, her eyes scanning the area to find the source of the commotion. Three soldiers were soon found trying to get a steady hold on a horse of unusual breed: the mare's coat was as black as the night, her mane and tail displaying a brilliant white and blonde color, the ends of them tipped with a dark blue. On each of her lower legs, right above each of her hooves, was a patch of white. From this, she recognized the horse as the one she had encountered the night before by the riverside in the woods.

"Unhand that horse at once! Such a creature shouldn't be treated with such disrespect!" exclaimed Morvana, taking the ropes that lay around the horse's neck away from the soldiers' grasp. "Our apologies, me Lady," spoke up one of the guards, taking a slight bow, "but this mare is wild and untamed she is and was a runnin' wild through the camp. If we hadn't a-stopped her, I be convinced this camp would have been a-torn to pieces."

"Well, in that case, I thank you for your services and apologize for my ill-mannered approach to the matter. I have no doubt I can take it from here then," replied Morvana softly. "No apology be required of you, me Lady. Just a misunderstanding is all. No harm in that I suppose," the soldier said bowing once again and walking off with the other two guards, heading back to their posts. "I hope that you are right indeed," Morvana whispered and finally turned her attention to the horse, standing calmly beside her.

"I wondered when I would be seeing you again, Dulayna," Morvana said as she led the horse to the stables.

(I apologize for the long absence. Writer's block and the such has kept me away but fear no more for I have returned!! I should be able to post more now that the holidays are here.)

[Edited on 17/12/2004 by elvenwood008]
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 01:28
Since the company had run into (luckily for them, not literally ) the group of dwarves, Siriel had been in quiet shock. Bessain looked uncomfortable, and Dagoron looked overjoyed. She'd never seen anything like them, and at first knew not of what to make of them. Finally, making up her mind, she said, "I love dwarves!" then grinning, "They make me feel so tall...." All the half-elven got for a response was most of her companions shaking thier heads. Being known all her life as 'the short one', Siriel didn't even come remotely close to six feet, and she liked the change of comparison.

Because she was distracted by the even shorter ones, she didn't see the orcs until Erudu was charging at them. "Whoa there! Save some for the rest now, Erudu!" Drawing her sword with a clear ring of steel she ran after him to join in.

Back in Eregion, fighting was the last thing on Celon's mind. In fact, the lack of it had settled in her mind. Bloody images from the last battle had been troubling her sleep, tormenting her with interminable nightmares of evil things, orcs, dying men and elves, horses and wargs covering the ground, never to rise again. Somehow she felt guilty, as if she had caused it. She was pacing restlessly by the stream, outside the tunnels. She could stand it no longer, and left, walking hurriedly towards her tent. A while later she emerged with her staff, the blades gleaming in the brightness of the sun. Long had she borne it, but now it felt ineasy and wrong in her hands.

She shook her head. This life is not for me...I cannot do it any longer...I should stop trying to make it 'okay' for myself. I'm no warrior. I've worked so hard to save lives, and then I take others. It tears my heart to see something die, even if it is an orc...it was just like me once.... Laying it in her arms, she took it to the armory, where it would be put to better use. Somehow, she had thought that giving it up might ease her heart, but she still felt pained. Fael was there, working in the armory, and he hung it on the wall, not knowing what to say. Celon had tears running down her cheek, but didn't make a sound. He tried to comfort her, but he knew that she would still be in sorrow for days to come. To try to relieve herself, she decided to go to the stables.
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 11:10
“Whats an orc patrol doing so close to dwarven borders?” Bessain wondered.

The two wild battleragers ran happily, blindly, toward the host of orcs; biting, scratching, punching or head butting any foe, easily bowling through the number of dark creatures.

Bessain had to keep her hands clapped over her ears half the time. The two dwarves wore ancient armor, possibly passed down from a few generations, and from the sound of it; they did not oil their armor. Loud screeching sounds followed after every movement the dwarves made. To sensitive elven ears, it was not a pleasant sound.

Calmly grabbing her bow and quiver, Bessain follows in Siriel’s wake, out onto the field. Rubble gave Bessain a cold glare, every time her arrows hit home. Finally, when she shot the orc that the battlerager was readying to do battle with, Rubble called out to her. “STOP stealing all me fun!!!” he roared.

Bessain pulled her bow string back and aimed in his direction. Rubble readied himself, thinking that the she-elf was going to shoot him. Only when she let her bow string back to rest, did he stop to scratch his head and consider the gesture. There was a loud CLANG, from the back of Rubble’s armor that sent him sprawling to the ground. The orc that Bessain had readied herself to shoot had hit the dwarf with a hammer. “GO, master dwarf! Have your fun!” Bessain called back, knowing fully that the hammer did not have any chance of penetrating the dwarf’s armor.

“That’s the last time I help any of these dwarves…” she mumbled, and changed her target to the orcs coming in (or running away) from Siriel and Erudu.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 09:45
Erudú's cringed when he saw the effect of battlerages. He paid a price for glancing at the dwarves and not keeping his eye on the battle around him. An orc lancer came at him and he spotted him to late. He swung at the lance and managed to knocked it away from it's intended mark and he twisted away but he still felt his flesh tear. The lance caught him on his right side ribs and tore through the meat under his arm and through to below his shoulder blade. The grappling hook being sharpened on both sides tore open the skin opening a nearly two hand width wound. He nearly fell from his mount and likely would have had he not grabbed the lance and pulled the orc to him. The orc was not prepared for the sudden jerk and Erudú drove his sword through the throat of the orc. He slouched over in his saddle as the battle scene faded but he fought and would not let himself fall. He dropped the reins and grabbed at Palermo's main to steady himself.

Palermo understood what had happened to his master and turned to take him back up the road away from the battle. Erudú could still hear the shouts of battleragers and the air hung heavy with the smell of blood. He fought to sit up but his right arm was useless and he was in great pain. Bess I'm hit. He managed to call to her. Palermo cleared the battle area and took him back up the road. His shirt and tunic soaked through with blood quickly and he could feel himself fading. Morvana, Morvana. He called. In a haze he lifted his head thinking someone was calling him. He looked around but nothing he saw was real to him any longer and all had become a haze. Morvana where are you? He called again but it was now instinct that led him and not reality. He tried pulling himself together and managed to alert Súlimo and Keli. Keli, Súlimo I need your help.

Súlimo had not seen what happened and only realised something was wrong when he heard Erudú's call and saw Palermo disappear around the bend heading up the road with Erudú slouched over. "My Lord!" He shouted as he turned and rode after him. "My Lord" Súlimo shouted again kicking his mount into a gallop to catch up. Palermo stopped beside the wagon with Erudú lying on his neck. Súlimo rode up and jumped from his horse and ran the remaining few steps. He goes to Erudú's side and sees the deep gash in his side and back. "Oh my God" Súlimo says. Erúvellas I need your help now come quickly, Erudú's badly wounded. Erúvellas had not seen either Erudú or Súlimo leave and did not realise what had happened. Erúvellas turned his mount and tore up the road. Erúvellas rides up and dismounts and runs to Erudu with Keli and Krys close behind. "Erudú, Erudú can you ear me!" Eruvellas shouts as he runs to his side. Erudú slowly turns his head to the familiar voice but doesn't open his eyes. "I…. I need…. Celon. Get Keli, she is in command now. " He manages to say in a whisper.

Súlimo covered his ears at first before he realised the Lady Morvana was calling him. Súlimo what's happened, how bad is he? She called franticly. Súlimo filled her in on the details as best he could not having seen what took place. He is gravely injured my Lady and we will do all we can. He asks for Celon my Lady, and unless the dwarves can help we need her here.

[Edited on 23/12/2004 by Barahir1]

[Edited on 23/12/2004 by Barahir1]
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 04:43
Celon was strolling towards the stables, looking forward to spending time with the horses, even though they had no voices of thier own, thier presence had a way of calming her troubled thoughts. Her hopes were dashed as she nearly collided with Morvanna, who had appearently been in the stables herself. Celon gave a short bow, and was about to continue, when Morvanna quickly explained her message from Erudu. Seeing her worry, Celon became equaly worried herself. "I will make haste, my lady, but it is a long ride for my horse, you must tell Sulimo to stay the bleeding for now, and make sure that he does not try take a short rest! That might prove ill, but if he is still waking when I arrive, his chances are bettered!" Racing back to her tent, she slung her healer's pack over her shoulder. "Eruannië!" /Grace/ "Speed, Eruannië!"

Hearing her words, the mare sprung out of the stables to meet her master. Jumping onto where a saddle usually was, she urged her horse into a gallop, but not a full run. Riding without a saddle would give her the advantage of speed, but it would tax her friend too much to make the ride to the borders of Moria.

Just over a half-after she had covered when Arrow's voice came pounding in her head. You'll need to turn east on the fork of the road up here. What, forgot about me? Well, I knew you weren't going to just guess which road to take, but you had better make sure where you are going before you jump out blindly like that! The elven maiden felt foolish, but with more of an amused dissatisfaction for being scolded by a bird.

The battle was very uncomfortable for Siriel, who had to keep dodging the annoying battle-ragers, and was reduced to making conservative lunges with her blade, for her attention was focused mainly on avoiding the arrows of Bessain, and the bulky armor of the dwarves. But her fear was gone as soon as she saw Erudu fall, and a new fear emerged. "No! Erudu!" She waded into the ranks to help him, but Palermo was already taking him away from the fighting. For a second Siriel hesitated, wondering whether she should go to help Erudu or keep fighting. She took a step back, but, changing her mind, she threw herself into the battle, heedless now of the battle-ragers.

I wish to help Erudu, but there are still orcs to hold off. Whether my choice will benefit us or not, I do not know, and I dislike making such decisions... But know that the choice had been made, she focused on completing the task with all of her mind.

((I am holding off on bringing Celon here for a couple of posts- just to make the timing a bit more realistic....but ya....I probably didn't need to explain that..... : /)))
elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 07:22
Dulayna, though a creature of the wild, seemed to Morvana, still on her way to the stables, to be of calm nature with the she-elf leading her. She made no attempt to break free and run back to her sheltered life in the woods but rather sensed that her help would be soon needed.

They finally passed through the wooden framed entrance of the stables, which showed visible a horse carved on the post running across the two posts that supported it. Morvana led Dulayna to an unoccupied stall towards the back of the stables, neatly arranged with plenty of food and drink. "I think you shall find this to fit your needs for the time being, my friend," said Morvana as she loosened the rope still tied around Dulayna's neck, bringing it to rest on a hook. "I will tend to you shortly, Dulayna, for there is another friend in need that requires my attention," and with that, Morvana went into the next stall, leaving the black mare to drink her fill.

Morvana came to rest by the side of a wounded horse and calmly spoke saying, "Fairwen, you are improving and soon strength will be granted to you but I must say you should not be on your legs for another seven days yet. My dearest friend," she continued to say, stroking the horse's back, "it hurts me to see you in such pain. If only there was something I could do."

Suddenly, as though by force, the wound in Morvana's arm from previous battle burned with fire. Her mind saw blood and the pain issued from that told her that her husband had been injured. Erudu she called but she didn't receive a reply. Again she called out to Erudu but nothing could she hear from him. Worry overflowed her as she tried to contact Sulimo:

Súlimo what's happened, how bad is he? She called franticly. Súlimo filled her in on the details as best he could not having seen what took place. He is gravely injured my Lady and we will do all we can. He asks for Celon my Lady, and unless the dwarves can help we need her here. Morvana responded to his request saying, I will send for her at once! Please tell him to hang on!

Morvana immediately rushed out of the stables only to find that she had almost collided with Celon. "Thank goodness, I've found you!" Morvana filled Celon in on the happenings with Erudu and that haste was needed. "I will make haste, my lady, but it is a long ride for my horse, you must tell Sulimo to stay the bleeding for now, and make sure that he does not try take a short rest! That might prove ill, but if he is still waking when I arrive, his chances are bettered!"

With that, Morvana watched as Celon made her way to her tent to collect her things. She then again contacted Sulimo and told him what Celon had just told her. Now more than ever, Morvana felt hopeless like she was only staring on someone who was dying and not trying to save them. Her heart began to race and finally she knew that she had to be off to come to the aide of her husband. Laraya she called out as she made her way back into the stables. Morvana, what is it? You sound grave... Just meet me in the stables Laraya and make haste! Morvana exclaimed but immediately froze as she looked to her horse, still paralyzed with pain. "I am at a loss," she voiced to herself knowing that Fairwen would not be able to make the trip to Moria.

A whinny was soon heard in the next stall over and a horse appeared in the doorway...it was Dulayna. A questioning look appeared on Morvana's face as she approached the mare. "I have only known you but a day and it seems that we've known one another throughout all the ages of this world. If I may, I would ask it of you to bear me to my husband in Moria. There he is injured and needs desperately for me to be by his side and comfort him. But it would seem to me to be unwise to place a saddle upon your back, Dulayna. To you it is foreign burden if you may say but I shall not ask of you to bear me hence without one. The road is too long and to ride upon you bareback would be painful to us both. I am asking only of your permission as it were to make haste to my husband and to bear me a burden upon your fair back. What say you?"

As if the mare understood every word that was spoken, a whinny was given to Morvana in reply as if saying I am waiting for you to make your move. With that, and not wanting to use Fairwen's saddle for that belonged to her horse, Morvana went for an unclaimed saddle and bridle that was nearest her and was about to arrange it on Dulayna when Laraya came in.

"You summoned me, my sister?" questioned Laraya and noticed Morvana getting ready to mount. "What is all this and where did you find such a creature, Morvana?" Laraya asked, eyeing the creature with admiration. "Listen, Laraya, I do not have a lot of time to explain," Morvana started as she finished buckling the strap of the saddle and making for the bridle, "but Erudu has been gravely injured and I must ride thither with speed to meet him. There will be a time to talk about such things but I am sorry to say that this isn't the time." Finished now with preparing Dulayna, Morvana said, "I am off now to change into some suitable clothing and for my sword. Can you hold on to Dulayna until I return?" Laraya nodded and took hold of the reigns as Morvana ran across the grounds to her tent.

It didn't long though until Morvana came out and fashioned the clothes of a traveler with Ilumire at her side, a quiver of arrows and her bow slung over her shoulder. She quickly made her way once again to the stables, Laraya meeting her half way there with her mount. "Laraya," she said as she mounted Dulayna, "you are in charge while I am on leave. Look after Narlen if you will for he should be well on his way to walking again. I shall keep in contact. Thank you my dearest sister!" "It will be as you wish, Morvana. May Eru watch you on your journey," replied Laraya.

Morvana smiled and turned Dulayna toward the direction of Moria and seeing Celon ahead of her urged the mare to speed up to her friend. "Why should one go alone when there is company willing to go? I shall ride with you Celon and hope that we shouldn't run into any foes along the way!"

(Want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!)

[Edited on 25/12/2004 by elvenwood008]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 10:06
Erudú fought to stay aware of his surrounds but it was difficult. He heard voices in his head but it was all a jumble and made no sense to him. He would try to raise his head but pain would throw it back down. He still held his sword Firestorm out of instinct but the weight of it became too much to bear and slowly it began to slip a little at a time and then finally it fell to the ground with a dull thud. Súlimo sees it and dared not touch it, but rather he moved it away with the toe of his boot a little at a time until it was far enough away not to harm anyone.

"We need to get him down and control the bleeding." Súlimo barks as he looks things over. "Damn we can't do this on our own." A frustrated Súlimo shouts. He looks around for help as Bessain comes running around the corner. "Bessain!" he shouts in relief. "Súlimo how bad is it." she asks as she runs up. "It's bad." He replies. Bessain checks out the wound and cringes. "Ok lets get him down before he bleeds out." Bessain hops up into the wagon and takes down part of the cover throwing things to the floor in front of the two thieves. She looks straight at the both them . "You'll sit there and say nothing, and if you move a mussel I'll get the dwarf will take care of you, understand?" Both men wide eyed acknowledge her.

Súlimo hops up on the wagon with her. He takes the wounded side and figures out a way for him to hold Erudú as they slide him off his horse while Bessain takes and supports the other side. Erúvellas moves Erudú's one leg over the horse so they can use his weight to move him into the wagon. Erúvellas positions himself to take the weight of the lower half. "Erudú this is going hurt,…. a lot." Bessain tells him not knowing for sure he can hear her. Erudú manages a weak smile. "Do… what you must." He whispers. Erúvellas positions himself and is ready. Once the weight of the legs is in the wagon Bessain and Súlimo try to lower him quickly but it doesn't work all that well and Bessain trips on the canvas laying on the wagons floor.

"Ahhhhh!" A surge of pain hits Erudú, he cries out and then he grits his teeth trying to be quiet. His head trembles and beads of sweat roll down from his forehead and stick to his hair pasting it to his skin. "Ok, lets roll him over." Súlimo orders. "Wait a minute" Bessain tells him. She moves to makes sure that Erudú is still conscious. "Erudú can you hear me?" She shouts but there is not response. She slaps him lightly on both of his cheeks. "Erudú open your eyes!" She continues to call but still there is no response from him. "Erudú!" She shouts louder but still nothing. She slaps his face so hard the side of his head smacks the floor causing Súlimo to gasp. "Stop it" Súlimo orders as he grabs her arm. "Just wait a minute, alright" Bessain replies as she pulls her arm free of his grasp. Erudú slowly manages opens his eyes and looks up at her. His eyes are bloodshot and the skin around them has swollen and his face has gone ghostly white. "Don't you close your eye's Erudú." She commands looking into his eyes. "What ever you do don't close your eyes, got that?" He moves his head slightly acknowledging her. "Good. Ok you two, now we turn him." Slowly the three turn him and once thats that done Bessain cuts his clothing to finally reveal the entire wound. Bessain sits back and looks up at Súlimo and shakes her head. "Call Keli." She tells him."

While they wait for Keli and Krys Bessain rummages through her pack and takes what dressings she has and applies them to the wound. In the distance thunder rumbles and sky threatens to rain on them again. Bessain draws the cover over the wagon and they then move the wagon closer to the mountainside under the shelter of the trees. Súlimo stays at Erudú's side maintaining pressure on the wound to slow the bleeding. He looks down at his damp clothing and sees that the blood that covers him is red and not black. Keli and Krys arrive and without a word go straight into the wagon. Outside Bessain and Erúvellas wait. "Morvana's coming with Celon." Erúvellas tell her. "They won't be here before tomorrow evening, and he can't wait that long. Keli and Krys will get him through till then. Keli knows what to do and tomorrow Celon can do the rest. " Bessain replies in a low voice

Erúvellas returns to his troops and they begin the cleanup of the orc bodies by rolling them off of the road for the crows and jays to scavenge. Two men were lost and there were six whose wounds needed treating. Erúvellas's men bivouac near the wagon and orders are given to post sentries. Bessain leans against the wagon waiting for the sentries to take their positions, and as she waits she listens closely to the goings on inside the wagon. Screams of agony startle her, she instinctively sets an arrow and has a bead on the target within the blink of an eye but she doesn't release the arrow. She watches a man likely a dunlending standing at the edge of the forest screaming in pain. He holds something and in spite of his attempts to drop it, it won't fall out of his hands. It glows a bright red and sears his hands and wrists. The man falls to the ground screaming and writhing in pain and he tries in vain to free himself of it but nothing he does separates the object from his hands. As the smell of the man's burning flesh reaches Bessain she draws her bow and ends the man's agony.

Súlimo jumps out of the wagon and runs over to the dead man with Bessain. "Firestorm, I moved it out of the way with my foot when it finally dropped." Súlimo tells her. "The wretched fellow tried to steal it, let it be a lesson to them all." He says in disgust. Súlimo takes the swords scabbard and moves Firestorm out of the man's charred hands and wrists. He then carefully slides the scabbard over the sword and takes it away. Bessain meanwhile drags the body to the hillside and rolls it over the edge. Warriors spread out and scour the area, they flushed out a few stragglers of orc and dunlending who had hidden rather than fight in the battle, but there was little fight in them and it ended quickly.

Dagoron and the battleragers had watched the dunlending's suffering and were amazed at what they saw. As Bessain returned from dumping the body the three dwarves walk up to her beaming. She looks at them and they are covered in black blood and they smelled terrible but they looked very pleased with themselves. Dagoron looks up at her. "What's wrong lass, why the long face." He asks. "Erudú is down." She replies. Before Dagoron can say anything there is the sound of grinding stone nearby. They watch as a hidden doorway into the mountain side opens.

[Edited on 27/12/2004 by Barahir1]

Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 08:40
Bessain looks to the three dwarves wondering who had caused that, since dwarven doors seemed to open by password and not by touch (and even then, they hadn't touched it). "Did you.....?" Bessain says, looking at the two battleragers. They shook their heads and led Bessain and Dagoron to the entrance.

Dagoron and the two dwarves started to go inside, but looked back when Bessain did not follow. Dagoron studied his elven friend for a moment, wondering why she did not start to traverse into the cave as she normaly might have, she was not one to hold back on adventure.

"Celon and Morvana will not find us if we leave this spot..." she explained. "But scouts will be needed if you three do not know where this leads... go ahead."

Dagoron looked at her, as if to try and figure out how well Bessain could lie on command, but let it go. Rubble seemed to take Bessains words as an insult and opened his mouth to protest, but the she-elf already had her back turned and was making her way back to the cart. She had wanted to stick her head in their and see how Keli and Krys were doing, but thought it best to stay out of the way.

Rinben had been moved from the wagon, as had the two theives. Bessain glared at the two theives as she sat down next to her brother. "You did not leave?" he chuckled in disbelief, making sure to use their own elven dialect so as not to be understood by the prisoners near him.

"Why should I?" she asked quietly.

Rinben paused for a moment and studied her. "I just thought you would have..."

Bessain forced a cheerful smile. "I was afriad they'd send you after me...again...or worse."

He leaned back against the stump he was sitting against, confused now at her change in mood. "It's not your fault Lord Sorontur is hurt, so don't even think about blaming yourself."

Bessain was quiet for a bit."How could I leave with a group of dwarves now? How is this not my fault? I knew Dagoron had not told anyone of our departure and yet I did nothing... I should have... well, atleast told someone... Oh Eru, I feel stupid." she sighed. "And now Erudu is injured. I've just seen his wounds, and these might be a little more than the usual scrapes."

The truth was, lately Bessain had been feeling like Eregion no longer had any need of her services. So when Dagoron had
gotten her to come, she felt as if it didn't matter what she did anymore. So what if she left without telling anyone? Who
would notice? Unfortunately for Bessain, someone did notice. She realized her lack of activity in Eregion had been her doing.
She was the one who pushed everyone away, who turned all the job offers down, who kept her own friends out of her life. Had she really been so blind and selfish. Still having a hard time accepting her change in perspective, she refused to tell Rinben about these new thoughts.

Rinben is puzzeled by his sisters words. Bessain, wanderer and mercenary at times, the only free soul he really knew, the she-elf who seemed at most times wanting nothing more than to keep others out and away from herself... was confiding in him?
HIM! At any other time he might have jumped up, laughed and congradulated her for moving up on her social skills, but now was different. He wasn't so sure what to say anymore. "Erudu's your friend Bess. He and Keli came out here to make sure you were okay, yes that much is true. But you would have done the same had they been in your place. Its NEVER wrong to love your friends. Never forget that Bess. Whats done is done. Erudu has had worse it seems and he will be fine."

As inspiring as Maethoron might have thought himself to be, Bessain still didn't feel much better. She had wanted to cry from the moment she saw Erudu's wounds and still wanted to now. "It's never wrong to love your friends" Maethorons words rang through her head. Her eyes watered a little. Bessain's stubborness refused to let her do this in public, especially not in front of Rinben.

Rinben, seeing his sister's distress, placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and decided to change the subject. "So where are you off to after this war is over?"

Bessain was still rather confused at her new change of heart and wasn't so sure she was ready to rejoin the world, so she
pulled away from her brother's comforting presence. "You seem so sure that we'll win."

"How sure are you that we will lose?" he retorted, wanting to know where he could find her after this was done. He lifted an eyebrow in confusion as she pulled away from him, then shrugged it off.

"I'm not sure where I'll end up, really... I'm running out of spots to visit..." she replied.

"What do you mean?"

Bessain let out a long sigh. "I came back to Eregion, because I wanted to go home... but I soon met Erudu and Morvana, and got caught up in all of this..."

"I'm going to suppose that you're not happy with this?" he said, sarcastically.

Once again, Bessain was quiet for awhile. "I wanted to go home, Rinben... Eregion isn't home anymore... Imladris was never home..." Now that she thought about it... the last few months in Eregion were more enjoyable (aside from the fighting) than the years she had known away from there in quite a long time. Again Bessain tried to deny these feelings, she told herself she could, but in her heart she knew she could not.

"Well...Mirkwood is always open," he said with a smile, but knew that she probably wouldn't go. He stuck his pipe in his mouth, and attempted to light it. His sister obviously had more problems than he thought she did, he shook his head at the thought. Their conversation seemed to drop uncomfortably fast.

Bessain left, not liking the silence, and decided that she would go help Siriel with moving bodies off the battle field. She wasn't sure that Siriel would be doing that job, but Bessain hadn't seen her friend anywhere else.

[Edited on 18/1/2006 by Ohtariel]
elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 04:14
Celon and Morvana continued their ride across the plains of Eregion, evening abruptly approaching. Stars started to dot the sky above them and as Morvana looked up, she followed one as it darted across the vast horizon, soon disappearing from her sight. "We won't make it to Moria until tomorrow evening and our horses cannot ride too hard throughout the night. We need to find somewhere to rest for a spell and then continue our way to our destination," Morvana informed Celon, thinking of a place to relax.

The keen blue eyes of Morvana searched far ahead for this place of leisure. Night was soon advancing, the land becoming dark but for the white light of the moon that shone across many a field and valley. Finally, Morvana discovered a small wooded area and decided from there they could keep watch of the land as well as stay under cover and rest. "We shall rest there," pointed out Morvana to Celon who nodded in agreement.

"I could keep first watch if you'd like," said Celon when they arrived, sliding from the saddle of her horse. "No, Celon. You need to be well rested as we enter Moria. Erudu needs you to concentrate not through sleepy eyes! I fear for him, though but know that you are the right person for the job. Don't worry about me...I'm not that tired anyway," Morvana lied. Celon reluctantly agreed, seeing no other ways to convince Morvana and searched for a spot to close her eyes and sleep.

Morvana, making sure first that Celon was comfortably asleep and Dulayna well taken care of, pulled the hood of her cloak over her face and climbed up the nearest tree to take watch. She scanned the area and took in the magnificence before her that she had never before witnessed in Eregion. The light from the moon shone on every tree and every flower, revealing their splendor. She knew that once war was ended, that there would again be peace in Middle-Earth.

Becoming quite bored actually, and noticing that she was fingering the hilt of her sword, Morvana unsheathed Ilumire and gazed at its beauty, immediately thinking of Erudu again. She ponders for a bit then begins to call out to friends long since spoken to: Sulimo, Keli, we have stopped for part of the night to rest and will then ride with what speed is granted to our horses through the rest of this night into tomorrow, grant we give the horses a break between then. We should arrive where you are tomorrow evening before the moon is high overhead if all goes well. How is Erudu holding? asked Morvana and waited patiently for a reply.

[Edited on 29/12/2004 by elvenwood008]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 11:28
It had grown dark and the moon began to rise in the eastern skies. Erúvellas and his men had returned and the area around the camp and the wagon was now secure. Four men are posted around the wagon and Bessain had not yet returned from removing the orc bodies with Siriël. Súlimo returned to the wagon and stayed at Erudú's side after Keli and Krys left. He had to change the dressing again but Keli had done much to stay the bleeding and Krys managed to close the wound but lacked the herbs needed because the hasty departure from the city.

Súlimo sat quiet and heard footsteps approaching across the compound. The sentries could be heard standing at attention so he knew that Erúvellas had finally returned to the camp. He climbed in the back and sat. "How's he doing?" Erúvellas asks. "The bleeding has nearly stopped and Krys worked on it so it's as well as can be expected." Súlimo replies in a solemn tone. Erúvellas takes a seat beside Súlimo. "How could this have happened Súlimo,…. we were meant to be there to stop something like this from happening. I have thought it over and I will give up my position when we return to Ost-in-Edhil and allow someone else to command the House Guard. He could have just as easily been killed and I wouldn't have known it. It's shameful." Erúvellas lowers his head.

"And where was my place to be Erúvellas, if not at his side where then. Had he not called me I would have known as much as you. You know him better than I do and I know he'll find fault in no one but himself. He rode down that road without warning head long into battle as he has done countless times before. He is still a warrior at heart and that will never leave him. His children will be diplomats and may be content to rule but not him, not him or Morvana. Something's will have to change and it is Erudú who needs to change so we're not we alone. Whether he will see it that way or not the decision may have been made for him." Erúvellas looks up. "What do mean Súlimo?" He asks in a hushed deliberate tone. "We will have to wait and see what strength comes back to his arm, his wound was deep and not a mere wound to the flesh. Much will depend on Celon and her skills. There is a pause in the conversation as Erúvellas takes in the meaning of what Súlimo has said.

"He will never permit you to stand down from your command or permit me to leave him because of this. You and I both know what he did was foolhardy. He rode into the middle of the fight before we even arrived and how can we be at his side if he cuts himself off from any help. We were fortunate that nothing more sever happened." Erúvellas nods in agreement. "It will be some time yet before we reach home my friend and now is not the time to come to rash decisions." Súlimo hears the Lady Morvana calling him. "My Lady. " He says aloud. Hearing this Erúvellas leaves the wagon and returns to is tent.

My Lady. Súlimo replies.

"How is Erudú holding? asked Morvana and waited patiently for a reply."

The situation is grave my Lady but the bleeding has been stayed for the most part. Krys was able to close most of the wound but it is deep and Celon may have to open it to treat it with her elixirs. He was awake while as we moved him but shortly after that his mind closed and I could not contact him. He is unconscious and has remained that way. He lost a considerable amount of blood so that would account for his current condition. Had Keli, Krys and Bessain not been here things may have been quiet different. I'm sure your presence here tomorrow will strengthen him my Lady.

[i]We will ride as swiftly as we can Súlimo.
With this conversation now behind him Súlimo checks the dressing but it does not need changing. He then prepares a place for himself to rest in the wagon.

[Edited on 29/12/2004 by Barahir1]
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 07:38
Siriel dragged yet another orc carcass away from the field, towards a pile that was being made. The pile was small enough to burn, but Siriel hated the thought of spoiling the crisp air, coming down from the mountains. It would become dirty and ruined, just like ground beneath her, bloodied and defiled by thier heedles treading over the earth. Bessain then, came into view, heading towards her, and two other unlucky men, who made up the 'clean-up crew'. Everyone else had run inside the dwarven doors, rushing to see if thier king was all right. "Bessain!" Siriel said, dropping the body of the orc, rushing over to her. "How is Erudu? He is alright, yes?"

Bessain explained what had happened, but she still looked worried. "If only he was more careful. He is a king now, he's supposed to leave skirmishes like this to us, it's our duty, not his." Siriel was troubled by the news of his wound. Had she made the right descision to leave him to someone else during the battle? Would she have been able to do anything to help him? If she would have been a better fighter, would it have made a difference? Would Erudu survive this at all?

Celon slept well, but felt guilty in the morning, when she awoke a few hours before dawn she felt slightly guilty about letting Morvanna take first watch. "Morvanna....get some sleep....you should have woken me earlier." Morvana lept lightly out of the tree, but Celon sensed that a night of worry had taken a toll on her.

After Morvanna had gotten a little sleep, though not nearly enough, the pair headed out again on horses, with Arrow relaying directions occasionly. They seemed oddly ahead of schedule, and they were gaining many miles as the sun spilt over the plains, soaking the land in a rich orange glow.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 08:32
Súlimo woke before the dawn and looked outside toward the eastern sky which had a slight purple hue. Warriors stood at each corner of the wagon and others were posted securing the perimeter some distance away. Satisfied that all was well Súlimo lit a lamp and set it down on a small make shift table beside Erudú's cot. Súlimo drew back the blanket covering Erudú until the wound could be clearly seen. Some of the stitching had torn as Erudú tried to move in the night and the dressing clearly needed to be changed. Carefully he removed the cloth covering and saw where the stitching had torn. The wound was again covered with dried and fresh blood and there was a little steaming risingfrom the open wound into the cool air and the flesh below was various colours of blue and yellow.

Súlimo places several drop of a dark coloured liquid Krys had left for him into a bowl of water. He then methodically cleans the blood away by dabbing the wound gently with a wet cloth. Aloud hiss of air being sucked in startled him. "Ooooh what have I done Súlimo?" A groggy Erudú asks.

"You have done yourself a great deal of harm my Lord." Súlimo replies.

"How did this happen,… I don't remember anything other,…..other than a lancer coming at me." Erudú ask speaking slowly and laboured.

"The lure of the battle must have been very great for you My Lord. You rode with out warning headlong into the centre of the orcs. Erúvellas and I had no chance to stay at your side and ride with you, so now you are here. And it will only be by the grace of Eru and the skills of Celon that you will be able to use your arm as before." Súlimo say with a distinct note of frustration in his voice.

There was a long silence only broken by hissing sounds Erudú made sucking in breath when the cleaning of the wound hit a particular very painful spot. "You mentioned Celon, did you call for her?"

"Yes I called her, you had asked me to and I spoke with Lady Morvana, both should be here by this evening." Súlimo tells him.

"I see,… thank you Súlimo you are a loyal friend. There is bitterness in your voice, feel free to speak your mind Súlimo.

"My Lord, many Kings have fallen in battle as did Théoden of Rohan, but that was a battle, not a mere skirmish. You are called Lord of Eregion but you do not behave as such. The battles we had in the south were against a foe with superior numbers and our home and people were at threat, there a King or Lord should stand and fight. You needlessly and very foolhardily put yourself at risk for a skirmish and you have paid for it. Your wound is grave my Lord but there was no great victory to be had here, but rather a great loss. I am sure if Tartarus knew of this he would be overjoyed. You are no longer the free wandering warrior you once were, those days must now end. Whether you like it or not you are Lord of Eregion and some call you their King. Lady Morvana and you were so ordained and Mithrandir affirmed that in a manner that was undeniable. We all saw and knew that it was the will of the Valar, and I heard not one question your right to rule. I think the only one who questions it… is you my Lord." Súlimo stops and looks at Erudú. Erudú turns his head and looks at Súlimo but not in anger.

"What makes you think that I feel that way?" Erudú asks him.

"Gandalf has also spoken to me my Lord, he has counselled and taught me many years before I knew what my fate was to be and he still does so. He has told me of your fears and your dreams for Eregion, he told me to of my fate and he has told me not to mock this knowledge with actions that could change it. You are mocking your fate and to continue in the same manner you have been would be very grave for you, my Lady, Laraya and myself. We are all linked and we will all sail together on that day. I have said enough my Lord, forgive me if I have taken to many liberties."

"No you have not taken to many liberties Súlimo." Erudú turns and knows what Súlimo has said is the truth.

[Edited on 6/1/2005 by Barahir1]
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 08:03
Their camp was silent now. Guards were called out to trade posts for their turn at watch. Bessain woke, laying not too far from Siriel who had also (like Bessain) left the safety of their camp to other elves, apparently not caring if they were raided.

Feeling hungry, Bessain makes her way to her pack, which had been tossed outside in order to make room. Two other bulging packs lay next to hers, neither had been moved…

“Where’s Dagoron?” she thought to herself. The dwarf should have returned by now… not that she wanted to see the other ones… She strapped on her weapons and returned to the cave entrance. If there was one thing Bessain hated more then orcs, it was dwarven made tunnels…which of course were full of dwarves. She found their work un-reliable, and thought it better if someone told them to stick to weapon making.

Four sets of tracks went into the cave, only hers came out… and that was from the day before. This was the second time venturing in had crossed her mind, if it happened a third time, Bessain might not be able to resist. She didn’t like tunnels, there in the dark where one could blindly walk off into their death. Bessain liked the idea of being in control of what a happened to her, she could not see in the dark and could never become accustomed to a sunless life. Unsure of herself, Bessain looks around; making sure no one was watching her. She’d walk into the mouth of the cave and soon afterwards, she’d hurriedly walk back out; deciding finally to abandon this idea and go jump on Siriel as a wake up call too find breakfast.

((Yea, I really don’t want this guy to die.))

Deoran had fallen asleep in the same position he had been tied to in over a day. His muscles ached, and he could do little to stretch without drawing attention to himself and Aroden.

The elven warrior, who Aroden had shot in the leg, had fallen asleep not too far from them, probably thinking that someone else was guard Aroden and himself.

Deoran however found this moment to work to his advantage, and slowly scooted over to the male elf. The process of stealing the elf’s dagger would be slow, but the thief was already a prisoner, and found that rash actions maybe the only ones he could use to his advantage.

[Edited on 12/1/2005 by Ohtariel]
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2005 07:04
Siriel awoke abruptly as Bessain tackled her. Of course, she had no idea that it was Bessain, and pulling her dagger out from under a cloth that was serving as a pillow, put it to the intruders throat, a sharp yelp escaping from her own throat. "Ah! It's just you.....you woke me at this hour? You know, yesterday some of us were doing more than sitting comfortably at a distance and plinking off arrows." But the elven scoundrel still looked pleased with herself. "What are you doing up anyways?" she yawned.

"Well, I was trying to decide whether to eat breakfast, or go into the tunnels. That's where Dag has probably left to."

Siriel raised an eyebrow. "I still don't see why you woke....oh never mind." Siriel arose and sleepily stretched out her limbs. "Are you afraid of those dwarves? Or just afraid of the tunnels? I'm worried about Erudu, I'll go and see him before I break my fast." So the two wandered about until they stumbled across Erudu's makeshift shelter, where they found him lying on a cot. Erudu was awake, and it surprised her. The pain must have kept him awake.... She hid the concern in her face, trying not to worry him. Quietly she spoke, as though loud word might do him further damage. "So....you scratched yourself up a little, huh?" She said lamely, feeling her words fall dead to the ground like fallen leaves. "Forgive me, I should let you rest, but I just wanted to see that you're still a---hmm...doing okay."

Derra came in unlooked for, and the hound looked with pity on him, and licked his hand, whining. It seemed that animals could understand people's feelings, and when they were sick, or sad, and Derra seemed to try to be comforting him now.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 09:59
Súlimo heard footsteps approaching and looked out through a small tear in the canvas covering. He smiled when he saw the two elleth and through open the flap to let them in. You have two visitors my Lord. Súlimo announces silently. Erudú slowly turns his head and tries to smile as they enter.

"So....you scratched yourself up a little, huh?" She said lamely, feeling her words fall dead to the ground like fallen leaves.

"Just a small scratch,… these guys always make it sound worse than it is." Erudú says as he tries to point to Súlimo.

"Forgive me, I should let you rest, but I just wanted to see that you're still a---hmm...doing okay."

"There is nothing to forgive Siriël. You and the other three shalll always find our door open to you. Tonight Morvana and Celon will arrive. I have great confidence in Celon and she will work her magic no doubt. Thank you for coming Siriël, I appreciate it. Bessain… I owe you a great debit and my thanks…. I understand you came to my aid. I will not forget it,… anytime you need something just ask it of me. If it is within my power to grant it I will."

"Derra came in unlooked for, and the hound looked with pity on him, and licked his hand, whining. It seemed that animals could understand people's feelings, and when they were sick, or sad, and Derra seemed to try to be comforting him now."

Siriël and Bess left the make shift room leaving Derra behind. "Súlimo my arm please" Erudú asks. Súlimo slowly and carefully positions Erudú's arm that he might try to stroke the animal but it is to difficult and the pain stops him.
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 10:54
Dagoron had entered the cave with Rubble and the other battlerager. It had been ages since he last stepped inside the torch lit caverns of his homeland. Too long. "I'll see ya in the mornin boys, it may 'ave been a long time since me last visit, but I know me room." he went to clap Rubble on the back but stopped when he realized that he was about to clap a battlerager. Laying the torch in an empty holder on the wall he shoved the big oak doors that led to his quarters and walked into the carved room. It wasn't decorated with fine things that were of no need like the elven quarters. Just a bed, night table, and a small storage area. "Too long..." he mumbled as he laid the many-notched axe in the corner and took off his armor. He collapsed down on the surprisingly comfortable bed and was soon asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning Dagoron, clad in a nightshirt and a cap walked out of his room and down the hall to the exit of the mines. Although he carried no armor he had one small tomahawk hatchet for safety sake. "Why in the name o' Aule didn't ye come down inter the mines last night!" he yelled out into the quiet morning, shattering any hope for the light sleeping elves to sleep a bit longer. Looking to a sentry starting a fire to prepare a small breakfast he shook his hand at him "Bah, no need. Come, come, this morn we feast rightly with me kin!" he waved everybody he knew over to him. "Come, we must hurry! Me kin dun wait when foods involved!" he heard some mumbling about his comment and disregarded it as he led the group into the caves.

He led them quickly to the dining hall where torches and tables stretched the length of the giant room. They were served a hearty serving or roasted mutton, dear steak and meat loaf. All of these meals were cooked with certain spices to make it taste spicy. All of this, of course, was served with wine, for it was still early in the morning. "Feast me friends! Let yer bellies be filled with dwarven delights!" the king of the dwarves said from his seat at the front of the room with gem studded arm rests and such. "Then we shall talk of yer proposition!" he said and without another word he went into his food.
elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 07:46
It had been several hours since their departure, the sun appearing to be past midday. Morvana had been thankful for the little sleep she had received but it didn't stop the burning she had in her eyes as she rode on. Just ahead of them, a stream was seen flowing through the valley. Pointing, Morvana turned to Celon and said, "We will rest our horses there for a time and should arrive in Moria in about a couple of hours when evening is upon us."

At their arrival, Morvana leapt down from the saddle and led Dulayna to drink her fill as Celon did the same with her horse. After doing so, Morvana left them and walked to a location where she could better grasp the land she was travelling in and to have time to think to herself. It was quiet, too quiet as she scanned the area; the mountains towering just ahead like an ominous threat.

Morvana! The camp...it's under attack! an alarmed voice said entering Morvana's mind. Laraya, how many? When did this happen? Are you okay?
I think I can manage, Morvana. There is only about a score or so of these foul orcs so a quick victory is apparent but if there are more, I am unaware of their presence. I feel like it is a diversion of some sort so be careful Morvana!
Laraya, you forget who you are speaking to. I can sense this was of Tartarus's doing and he will not find me unprepared to strike down like some weak being! Make sure the city is safe, Laraya, and that you and everyone else are all right. I will contact you when we arrive in Moria if sleep has not captured me.

With that, Morvana ended her conversation with Laraya and looked back at Celon, who was waiting for Morvana to come back and mount Dulayna. "I apologize for the wait. I just got news from my sister that there was a disturbance in the city, an attack from a small band of orcs but all should be well. Shall we?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The stars started to appear once again across the vast, black sky, the moon providing its light on along the path to their destination. After hours of laborious riding, Morvana and Celon finally arrived in the land of Moria. Morvana searched ahead to find the entrance to the legendary tunnels of the mountain and finally came to rest upon the entry.

Lying just in front of the opening, from what Morvana could tell, stood a tent. Instinct told her that that was where her husband lay and immediately urged Dulayna to a faster pace. "There Erudu lies, just ahead in the tent," called Morvana to Celon as she raced across the plains, Celon patiently keeping up. We're almost there Erudu...just a few more minutes...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Upon their arrival, Morvana leapt off of Dulayna before she could even come to a complete stop and headed straight for the tent. She pushed back the tent flaps and gasped, stopping dead in her tracks. "Oh my dear," Morvana softly said as she calmly made her way to kneel down beside Erudu's cot, gently brushing the hair away from Erudu's brow. He appeared to be in a deep slumber and his injuries brought pain to Morvana's heart as her eyes came upon them. This is the last battle you will fight without me being by your side, Morvana silently voiced.

"Erudu, can you hear me?" Morvana quietly said, "I'm here now and so is Celon. Erudu?"

(I apologize for such a long absence...this is probably not the best but it will have to do for now. My grandmother hasn't been doing too well and is basically dying. I'm going through a lot of "stress" at home with this, miscellaneous issues, and a competition next weekend. Please understand if I don't post any time soon and don't worry, I am not leaving Eregion any time soon! It's just beginning to be so unpredictable over here...I never know what the next day may bring...)
Lustavaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 06:01
Celon gently steered Morvanna out of the way. "Milady, you might not want to see this..." She set her healing pack down and went to work. Trying desperately to keep her tired arms steady, she assesed the wound. "Sulimo, has the blood been black?" The elf gave her a questioning look. "Well, only a little, it was rather dark in color, but the blood wasn't completely black. Why?" Celon was troubled and did not answer his question. It had been a whole day since he was injured, and the blood had been black? That was not good news, and she hurriedly turned back to her work. "Erudu....This is going to be extremely painful, please drink more wine, hold onto something tightly, whatever you can do." She prepared herself, then cut the temporary, crude stitches out, and reopened the gaping hole. She brought a candle down close to her, and slowly reached inside, repairing the internal wound he had recieved. After it had been properly sewn, she set about repairing the major tear in his side.

It took several hours to complete, and Celon was exhausted by the end of it. "I have used the limit of my skills....I can do no more. We must trust to luck, if we have any, for Erudu's life. The wound pierced his liver, only if barely, it still left considerable damage...if he survives this than I owe it not to my healing, but to Eru." The sun had not risen yet but Celon felt that it soon would, its glowing rays lingering just below the horizon. "It is a wonder that he even survived this long, but we will know in another day how stable he is."

Celon had slept only once before, as a human rests, but she felt sleep oddly overwhelming. Drained completely, she stumbled out of the tent, into the woods. She was completely disoriented, and after finding a soft patch of moss, she collapsed, landing in the land of deep sleep before her body landed on the ground below her.

((Sorry It's short but I did not feel like writing a drawn out pos about healing. I'm not a doctor or anthing and I have only a little idea of what I am really talking about))
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 07:03
OOC I think you’re a great healer Lustavaine, just wing it and don't worry anout it.

Erudú felt cold but he had never felt quite like this. A chill ran through him and he felt his body shudder and his skin tighten pulling on the wound. His thoughts began to roll through his mind but they were disjointed and impossible to understand. He saw flashes of battles he had fought and days of sunshine on the meadows of Lorien. For a moment he thought he had returned to that land and then a voice called to him. It was the voice of Morvana, he tried to call out to her but he could make no sound. He felt her presence, which gave him peace of mind, but he could do nothing to reach out to her. There were others and he could hear them though what they said was garbled and try as he might he could not understand them. Erudú felt confused and unsure of what was happening, his body shuddered again and then a sudden flash of intense pain and his world went black.

The daylight was ebbing when Erudú next tried to open his eyes. He had no remembrance of the past day and no idea where he was at the moment. He was in a great deal of pain and each breath was a struggle to take. Slowly he remembered where he was but what day it was or how long he had been there was all lost. He tried to move his head but even at the slightest movement the pain was great. "Sul..Su….Sulim." He tried to call Súlimo with little success.

"Shhhh" a familiar voice said. He felt a hand gently stroke his head. A cup that had been bent into a strange shape was brought up to his lips and he drank the cold sweet water. "Morvan… Morv..an.a" He managed to say as a few tears began to roll down his cheek dripping onto the pillow. "Don't try to talk my love,…" Morvana swallows hard trying to each her emotions in check. " I am here and will be by your…. side." Her voice begins to crack. He feels to gentle soft touch of her hand. "Celon has seen to you and now you must rest." Morvana sits along side Erudú and lays her hand on the back of his head and gently strokes it.

Slowly darkness settles into the camp and Súlimo brings a trimmed lantern to the tent. He can hear the Lady Morvana humming an old lay from the days of Beleriand. He places the lit lantern on a side table and leaves the tent. A tent next door was prepared for Morvana but she chose to stay with her husband so Súlimo and Celon shared the second tent to be close at hand should there be a need.

Erudú now being at peace fell into a deep slumber.
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 09:00
The elven ranger, more at home in solitude then in big groups, strode towards the tent that held Erudu. He had served either by his side or close behind him since the beginning of this war and now he had gone and gotten himself mortally wounded. His hands rested casually on the hilts of his slightly enchanted swords. One had been a gift from Erudu himself. Cinthorac, the sword of justice, was his main sword that shone with a soft pure light and sang as it sliced through the air and enemy alike. The sister sword that sat in its scabbard on the other side of the rangers waist bore the name Anathros. It was magically heated to scorch the enemy upon touch of the fine edged blade. This sword was given to him by Gandalf soon after he was appointed his current rank. He treasured both of them above any of his other items that he carried and he was rarely seen without them.

His pace slowed as he neared the entrance "Mi' lady" he said before he entered then slowly walked in and dipped into a bow of respect. "How does he fair?" he asked, genuinely concerned with his friends health. His friendship had gone back before he could remember; if he were to die Sirion would loose a close friend and a powerful ally. His raven black hair that was usually dangling freely was tied back into a pony tail so that he had a better range of sight and so it is out of the way. Kneeling down next to the makeshift cot he chuckled "He always gets himself into trouble." he dug into his pocket and retrieved a small flask, Erudu’s eyes brightened at the sight of it for he knew what it was. "Give this to him in his water and put some in the wound. It will speed the mending very quickly." That was all he needed to say to convince Morvana to give him the magic tonic and with a glance to Erudu who nodded to the best of his ability she added some to a small glass.

Erudu drank painfully from the glass and coughed from the taste but Sirion urged her to continue letting the drink flow down his throat. "We might need to open the wound again, to get the medicine inside." he said to her with a troubled glance to the slightly bloodied wrap that was around his waist. "Unless we can get it to go through the stitches..." he said trying to find another way so that he wouldn’t have to cut the fresh stitches. With Sirions supervision, as he knew how to use the strange tonic, Morvana slowly poured some onto the wound and watched as it successfully but slowly seeped through the still fresh wound. They then placed a thin layer of it over the wound on the skin and then re-wrapped the injured elf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Sirion and Morvana had applied the tonic the dwarf lord was ready to go out and meet these pointy eared travelers. If what Dagoron said was true then the rebuilding of Eregion would prove profitable on multiple levels. For one a new trade route would open for quick profit of their weapon forging and second they would once again make allies with the elves and be able to come to each others cries of open warfare. Besides, all the dwarves were itching to cleave some enemy necks for they hadn’t gotten any action for some time. The lord of Moria was escorted by multiple dwarves of different class, one being Dagoron, the other being the crazy battlerager rubble, and a third, garbed in fine white cloth walked close to his side. The third dwarf was no ordinary dwarf. He was a priest with skilled healing abilities that was also one to have help Erudu, but with different methods.

They soon reached the entrance and walked over to the tent, only Granite, (the healer) Dagoron, and the lord of Moria entered, leaving rubble to stand guard. "Elves are more fragile then dwarves Granite, be gentle with this one." Dag said in the dwarven tongue. The healer clapped his pudgy hands together, stroked his finely trimmed beard, and hobbled over to the kneeling Morvana and the now standing Sirion. The elf ranger put his hand out and stopped the dwarf, then explained that he had just administered treatment to him but would need to be done again in a few hours. The healer put a scowl on his face then nodded and walked out of the tent. "Is he fit ter talk?" the dwarf lord said in a slightly booming voice. Not knowing the answer Sirion looked to Morvana for an answer, if Erudu couldn’t speak maybe she could for him.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 08:04
*OOC:Hello everyone! My character of Lannórui is in the db, and as I am rpging in two other threads with the same character, it might help to read her profile so you have an understanding of her background. Or not, if you don't care, lol*

The golden-haired elf remained at a distance away from the tents and activity, as she had for some time now. She had heard that there was at least one among this group who might be able to point her in the right direction as far as some of her history went, but she still didn't trust anyone. After the things she had been through, especially of late, and the things she had seen in the behaviors of some of these people, she was frightened to approach at the wrong time. Plus there was the issue of there being so MANY of them, especially elves. True they were her own kind, but they still made her nervous in groups. She had not gotten close to anyone in a long time, and getting close to a group of strangers made her edgy. She thought back to the athelas incident, in which she was trying to help a wounded girl. She had found herself surrounded by male elves, and the feeling of being helpless against them had nearly broken her. So here she sat, observing from her perch, he beloved mount securely secreted not far away.
She reached into her pack, without looking, for a chunk of bread. She bit off a little of it, and put the rest back. Her eyes swept the area as she chewed, and she thought she noticed something not too far from her...
...it was a dark figure creeping silently toward the camp.
[Edited on 30/1/2005 by navaintheelf]

[Edited on 30/1/2005 by navaintheelf]

[Edited on 31/1/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 08:10
When Erudú next opened his eyes the sun had risen in the east and shone down on the tent. It was still early morning and birds were cheerfully singing their morning songs and the inside the tent was a beautiful fragrance he knew well. "Morvana?" He said with some strength in his voice. "Morvana my love please say it is you?" He said as he slowly turned his head to look upon her."

"Yes I am here Erudú." She says as she runs her fingers through his hair. "Don't strain yourself my love, you must conserve your strength."

"I must see you to know that this is no trick my mind plays on me." He turns and rests his head on his left cheek. His eyes sparkle and a broad smile comes to him when he sees her. He tries to reach out but he does not have the strength for now the pain has lessened.

Morvana reaches out and takes his hand, she drops to her knees and kisses Erudú. "There now you know that this is no trick of the mind." She whispers as she looks into his eyes. I am here and won't be leaving you." She smiles at him and kisses him again. "You had a few visitors last evening, one of them bore a great gift for you." Erudú looks at her with a puzzled look. "I knew of this gift but I did not know you knew the one who brought it so well. Sirion has come, and he brought a vial, a vial of my mother's elixir." She tells him.

"It has not been made for many years now and shall never be made again. I was not aware that Sirion had worked with you." Only a true friend would give such a thing to another, we have both been blessed by him"

"Sirion here?" Erudú says in amassment. "Sirion has long been a good and loyal friend. I gave him that vial to use on another some ten years ago, I doubt if any more of it still exists. Is he still here?"

"Yes by the sound if it he plans to stay with us in Eregion. He treated your wound last night do you have any remembrance of it?" Morvana asks.

"No I don't remember much or even know how long I've been here." Erudú replies.

"You've been here for four days now. Súlimo has been by your side and would not leave you until we came and then I had to insist he take time to rest. There were others that came to see you last evening, Dagoron brought the dwarf healer to see you but Sirion spoke with him, the Dwarf Lord also came. He wishes to speak with us" Morvana explains as she pours water for Erudú. Erudú tries to lift himself a little but a sharp sting from his wound prevents it. "No Erudú!" Morvana drops the cup of water and holds Erudú helping him to lay his head down. "You won't be up for days yet and I forbid you to even try. If you do you will have Celon and me to deal with." She scolds him. "You were near death Erudú and even Celon could not say whether you were to live or die." She takes a wet cloth and lays it on his neck to cool him. You tempted fate again and very nearly lost, I shall see to it that this never happens again. Mandos may not be so gracious as he has been, and I could not go on without you."

Súlimo enters the tent. "Good morning my Lady and my Lord" Súlimo greets them. "I am pleased to see you awake and on the mend my Lord, you had us quite concerned for a while." Súlimo comments

"I'm sure you were by my side as usual Súlimo, again I owe you my thanks if not my life. Erudú tells him.

"And I also thank you Súlimo." Morvana tells him. "Erúvellas has told me of all you did. We will somehow repay you for your loyalty and concern." Morvana bows.

Súlimo feeling a little awkward also bows. "Thank you my Lady. May I bring you something to eat and some refreshment?" Súlimo asks.

"Yes I think we will have something Súlimo, thank you." Morvana replies.

Súlimo leaves and Morvana sits beside her husband and draws back the blankets to expose the wound. She carefully lifts the dressings. Seeing the wound for the first time in the daylight cringes, she cleans a small amount of blood away and replaces the dressings. She turns to talk but Erudú has fallen asleep. She sits close to him holding his hand in hers.
<< First1213141516
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email