Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1213141516
Author Topic:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Eregion *need new ppl, pm to join* (KEEP)
on: January 31, 2005 10:38
OOC: I decided to kickstart my place in this story, since I understand there are similarities between my character and another *cough*Bessain*cough* that have a few people worried. You shouldn't be. Lannórui is much more sedate than Bessain..oops, did I say that out loud? LOL!

Lannórui sighed. The shadowy figure had disappeared the night before, and nothing had happened, so she felt better about hesitating to act. But the time had finally come for her to enter the camp and introduce herself.
She sighed and got up, slung her bow and pack over her back, and whistled for Angol. She led him toward the camp, and it wasn't too long before she encountered trouble, as usual.
Trouble this time came in the form of two guards, who were decidedly not happy to see an unknown elf step out of the trees less than five feet from them. One of them grabbed her arms, wrenching them behind her, while the other placed his blade at her throat and demanded to know what she was doing there and where she had come from.
"I come from Lorien, the home of my mother."
"What are you doing here?"
"Well, considering I have spent the last few days in the trees observing what is going on around here, I got bored and decided to make some friends." She smiled at him, and his expression was not one of amusement.
He called out over his shoulder. "Someone go and check to see what we should do with this little spy."
Lannórui sighed and rolled her eyes. "Now, think about this. If I were a spy, would I have just wandered out of the woods like that? I don't think so. More like I would have ripped both your heads off from behind...". Before she could finish what she was saying, she was hit in the back with a knee, which buckled her own, and she wound up on the ground, the guard behind her now on top of her, holding her down.
"Why oh why do I always have to be the one at the bottom of the pile?" she thought as she spat dirt out of her mouth.
"Now you are thinking to threaten us? Not wise. Not wise at all." The guard behind her got off of her and "accidently" kicked her in the side as he did so.
She screamed in pain as the wound in her side tore open again, and blood began to soak through the bandage and her clothing. She curled up in a ball, and wished for the sparkles in front of her eyes to go away, so she could see clearly to be able to defend herself.
Suddenly there was a huge shadow above her, blocking out the sunlight from her eyes. It certainly didn't help her current situation of not being able to see, however. She braced herself for another kick...

[Edited on 1/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 02:56
Joint post by Dag and Myself. Non-theif post coming soon!

Where did the theives go?....Continued....

The male elf that the rest had called Rinben, had foolishly fallen asleep, not too far from Deoran. Softly and slowly the theif slide Rinben's dagger out of the sheath as he slept. Deoran had learned the hard way, that elves were light sleepers. This was a risky feat to accomplish. But nothing mattered more to him, than escape. Aroden and himself could not be allowed to return to Gondor like this. Too much was at risk. Strange how things had once looked so promising...

Aroden waited rather impatiently for Déoran to get the dagger out and cut both of their bonds. It was a slow process indeed, one wrong move and the whole thing would be blown and they probably killed. A grin found its way to his face as he saw the tip of the blade come out of the sheath and the elf still asleep. Brilliant! He wanted to say but knew better. Both their bonds were quickly cut and as they were walking away a twig snapped. He silently cursed as he looked over his shoulder at the elf who was now sitting up. Surprisingly, a grin found its way to his face as he picked up a rock the size of his fist. He snuck inhumanly well, for he was a master thief, and right before he could hit him the elf turned to face him. "Good bye, and good luck." He said with a sadistic gleam in his eye, then clocked the elf in the side of the head before he could move.

"You might as well kill him, if you're going to keep cripling that elf." Deoran chuckled, but knew better than to do so. He wanted nothing else to do with the two ladies he fought earlier, they would come looking for a lost companion. "Quickly!" he hissed at Aroden, noting the movement in the elven guards waking to switch places at watch. The two hopped into the back of the cart, luckily the wounded one had been moved and all the bags replaced. They found their weapons.... and much more. "Maybe our mistake turned out for the better..." Deoran muttered under his breath, that greedy glint in his eyes returning. Elven weapons and other things, would sell at a high price, should they get back to Rohan unbothered. But they would need horses to take all of it... "We could use the cart... but they horse has been un strapped..." he whispered near Aroden's ear. Elves supposably had good hearing, but that was not something the two theives wanted to test.

"Well then why don't we tie that one to it." he said equally quiet as he pointed to a lone horse. "It looks like it would be easy to get." He said referring to orcsbane. The horse reared up and kicked at the tree that it was tied to, leaving sizable imprints in the tree. "Maybe not…" he said, not wanting to get hurt any more on this thieving expedition. "What do you suppose we do? He questions, not wanting to leave the booty they had found. He had strapped on his blade that waved like the sea and adorned his other hip with an amazing elven dagger that had a silver sculpted tigers head as the hilt with an emerald eye on one side and a ruby one on the other. "What? It is ours after all, in an essence." He said with an ear to ear grin.

There was one sword that Deoran had once seen, that stuck out in his mind. A sword that seemed to harm Dunlending. He had seen it during the last battle. An enemy of the elves had picked it up, and it nearly killed the man, without using the blade. How could a sword do such a thing? Deoran didn't know. But it monetary value must be beyond all these elven goods put together. "Aroden! Remeber that sword we were discussing during the battle? The one that killed a Dunlending with a master to weild it?" he whispered.

"Yes!" he almost shouted as the sword came into view in his head. The power that he had seen flow through the dundalings arm nearly cooking him. "What a price that would fetch…" he said rubbing his stubble covered chin, "But how to get it…It must be by that one elf. The one who almost died." He said with a grin. There was so much he could do with that money, but how would he get it, it was inside a tent that was heavily guarded, and unless they somehow cut through the back, sneaked up to him, take the sword and left. He had no idea how to do it and, no matter how much he hated to admit it, couldn't get it. "There is no way to get it my friend, no way that's not suicide." He said nearly biting a hole through his lip in anger.

"Thats well enough... a weapon like that would not simply go 'missing' in their eyes," he said, though hated the fact they he could not have it. Elves all around the camp were now waking. "Take what you can carry... and make sure its expensive..." he said, dashing around the cart, looking quickly at each piece.

"Of course." He said as he looked at the items, "everything that's expensive is always so heavy…" he mumbled as he took up some nice polished blades, a couple medallions, and some shining jewelry. Imitating people was a quality both thieves possessed. With all the gear in the cart, they dressed themselves in elven fashion. Quickly and quietly they gathered their things and snuck out, with their hoods up.

On their way out, they noticed a she-elf that neither of them had seen before, and bowed in greeting as an elf might, before leaving the camp.
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 03:43
Dagoron peaked out of the tent and over to the group of the elven guards “What’re ye about?” he said in his gruff voice as usual. When he didn’t get an answer he walked over and kidney punched one guard, dropping him immediately. The elven man next to him looked down at him shocked. “Yer next if ye dun stop. She’s yer own kin fer Aüle sake!” he shouted as he puffed his chest out and placed his gnarled hands on his sides. The act must have worked because the remaining guards helped their friend who was doubled over on the ground up and walked away. “Stinkin no good…” he mumbled a couple curses to them and looked at the girl curled up on the ground. “So who’re ye?” he said as he went down on a knee. “Dun worry I aint as bad as I look.” He said with a slight smile. The dwarven warrior looked down at her side that was soaked in blood. “Yer hurt?” he commented more then asked. “Oi Granite!” he shouted “Get her healin self over ere.” He grumbled again as the healer took his sweet time getting over to the two.

Bessain, being interrupted by the dwarven shouting walked over there to investigate what all the fuss was about. “Dag…who is that” she said referring to the elven maiden that was still on the ground. “A straggler perhaps?” she questioned “Bah, I dunno, but I’m feelin generous an’ she needs healin.” He turned to finally see the dwarven that was clad in silky white gowns with a neatly trimmed beard approach. “There ye are, ya blasted son of a gnome.” He mumbled under his breath. “She wasn’t with the brigade when we came here, an’ I havn’t seen ’er any where at the camp, I’m thinking she’s a stray, a renegade.” Dagoron said in the dwarven tongue to the healer. He nodded silently then motioned for a stretcher and moved her over to a better area to fix her up.

Rinben awoke some couple hours later with a throbbing headache. At first he didn’t know what had happened but it slowly (and painfully at that) came back to him. Groaning he rubbed the big bruise on his head and at first wanted to chase after them but realized that they were probably long gone. He stumbled out from his area and he too noticed that there was a group around a women on a cot, she apparently injured and being worked on. He rubbed his head again and slowly walked over. “So whos this?” he said groggily. “We dunno yet.” The healer said bluntly as he tied off the new wrap that was around the elves waist.

“She’ll be okay but until she comes outta her daze we dunno who she is or why she’s here.” The healer said as he wiped his slightly bloody hands on a piece of gauss and walked away. “Oi, hey boy!” Dag said to Rinben then elbowed him in the gut. “What’s with yer bump on yer head?” He said as he pointed to the obvious bluish blackish welt on the side of his head. “Looks like ye got in a fight with the ground!” he laughed a hearty laugh then folded his stubby arms over his chest. “An’ where them thieves go, maybe they know who she is.” He said lifting a thumb to point over his shoulder. The elf felt the blood go from his face at the question, he apparently wasn’t a good liar and the dwarf was starting to understand things and put them together.

((hope you don't mind me moving yer character Iell-daughter-of-elves if ya don't then I can edit it.))
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 04:50
OOC: hey no problem, I was getting tired of laying on the ground anyway...

Lannórui moaned. God her side hurt...She opened her eyes, and found herself being looked at by a group of strangers. She tried to sit up hastily, and her head spun, and she passed out. It didn't last long, and soon she was opening her eyes again, but this time she decided to remain laying down. Their was a tall pale looking elf nearby, and a dwarf as well. She opened her mouth and tried to ask for water but nothing came out, her throat was so dry suddenly...she tried clearing her throat several times and finally managed to croak out, "Water". Some was brought to her, and she asked where she was, and who they were, but before she could hear their responses, she was jolted by another blast of pain from her side, and passed out again.

She was creeping along, trying to be very quiet.She was following someone, but she couldn't quite see who it was. Suddenly, she was stabbed with a spear in the side...

She jolted back awake with a scream...
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 12:48
Erúvellas rides into camp and sees a cluster of people close to the edge of the forest. He rides over and dismounted. "What's going on here?" He barks as he walks up. He looks down on the elf maiden and was in shock when he saw her wounds. "How did this happen, was she found this way?" He looked around for someone to answer. "Surely someone found her, who was it?" He waits for an answer looking at the two ellon who were on guard here. "Anrod, Daryon you were on watch here what happened?" The two ellon began to look very uncomfortable when Erúvellas questioned them directly. Erúvellas becomes suspicious of the two guards and glares at them. "One of you had better tell me what went on here!" He says.

"She surprised us my lord and we took defensive action before we realised that she was a kinsman." Daryon explains.

Erúvellas examines the elleth. "You two" Erúvellas says addressing two ellyn that had just walked over. "Take her to my tent and call for Celon to see to her wounds." After the elleth is carried away Erúvellas again questions the two ellyn. "I saw no signs of defensive actions on her, which means she was taken from behind. Would you care to explain or should I wait until Celon tells me what injuries she has found?"

"She would not answer our questions my lord so we tried to coax them out of her. We may have gone a little to far my lord. " Daryon explains.

"You have beaten a kinsmen, a elleth to the point of unconscious and you say a little to far. You wear the uniform of our Lords personal guard and you do this! He pushes Daryon back forcefully. You can be thankful Lord Erudú isn't able to be here."

"But I am here Commander" Lady Morvana says as she walks up. The elves gathered all bow. I saw the elleth as they carried her to your tent Erúvellas. These are the ellyn responsible for her wounds?"

"Yes my Lady" Erúvellas replies.

Furious Morvana glares at them. The two ellyn unable to look her in the face shift uncomfortably and look at the ground. "When I speak with you, you shall have the courtesy to look me in the face!" Both ellyn look up at her. "They are to stripped of their weapons and be posted outside of the elleth's tent. When Celon has done what she can these two shall see to her every need until she is recovered. During that time you two can contemplate what you have done to a kinsman and be thankful that you are not removed from Eregion. I would have thought my mother would have been the last of our kind here to see a kinsman beat a kinsman. I see the lessons of Alqualondë have been forgotten by some. You have shamed us." Morvana turns away from the two ellyn as they surrender their weapons and leave to take up their new posts. While Morvana waits for the two ellyn to leave Dagoron comes up to her.

"My Lady I think we have another spot oh trouble." He points at Rinben. "Rinben, what happened to you?" She gasps when she sees his bloodied temple. "Erúvellas" she calls. Erúvellas takes one look at Rinben's wound and looks to where the two thieves were held. Erúvellas shakes his head. "You can tell me about it later, for now you need to see Celon as well. Stay off your feet man and do what she tells you to!"

Morvana walks Rinben to the tent right next to theirs where the elleth had been taken. Celon looks up as Rinben enters and shakes her head. "What's got into this place today?" Celon says as she looks the wound over. "You'll be off your feet for a couple of days at least." She tells Rinben. Morvana knows better but says nothing. Mean while Erúvellas has put together a squad and begins to search for the two thieves.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 04:30
Someone was back to poking around with her wound again. She went to open her eyes, and got nauseous the second she did. "She moaned,"Why are you doing this me? I meant no harm to anyone. Why are you all trying to kill me?" Her head hurt, but through eye slits she could see she was now in a tent.
She could hear someone talking to her, but it sounded like they were underwater and speaking an unknown language. It didn't sound anything like either Sindarin or common, and she was pretty sure it wasn't Quenya, either. This was getting too weird.
A hard jolt in the area of her wound again was too much for Lannórui. She lashed out at the slightly blurred figure in the tent with her, and she felt her fist connect with something.
Then she closed her eyes and waited to die, because she was sure that was what was going to happen.
She could hear noise and activity, but couldn't tell what any of it was. She was so tired....and her side burned within, not from the flesh tearing, but a deep burning sensation. She began to toss listlessly, back and forth. She felt achy and too warm. As she tossed and turned in restless sleep, she began to call out, "Ada!....Ada!....Mas bennich?" over and over in her sleep(Daddy, daddy, where did you go?)
[Edited on 3/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

elvenwood008
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 05:49
After seeing that Celon had everything under control with Rinben, Morvana made her way back to Erudu's tent. She pushed back the tent flap and walked over to sit by her husband's side, gently pushing back the strands of hair that wondered in front of his face. He was still in deep slumber which was where he should be...away from all the pain and misery that he had encountered before. It saddened Morvana's heart to see her husband like this but at least she was here to nurse him back to health. "You're such a fool, my dear," Morvana quietly said, smiling as she reached down to place a kiss on his forehead.

Several minutes passed by before Morvana stood up to leave, only to be stopped by a moan coming from the bed behind her. "Erudu?" she asked, making her way back to Erudu. She kneeled down beside him and took his hand in hers saying, "What ails you, my dear?" The only response Erudu could give was a choked "Morvana". Taking the cloth that laid on the table next to her and dipping it into a basin filled with cool water, Morvana carefully dabbed Erudu's forehead, removing the droplets of sweat that had formed there.

"Erudu, my dear," Morvana said after a couple of minutes of silence, "I must go and see our new guest who is being treated in a tent nearby. I will keep you informed when I learn more about this maiden. But until then, you are not to move from this bed but rather travel back to the dream world. I will come back and check on you shortly. Sweet dreams my dear." Morvana knew that Erudu probably heard nothing of what she spoke but it comforted her nonetheless to be able to speak with Erudu again. She rose up and before taking her leave, bent down and kissed her husband goodbye.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morvana stood outside the entrance of the tent that held their newest guest. Before entering, she called out and said, "Suilaid! May I enter and have a word with you?" A response came from within so Morvana entered slowly so to as not to startle her.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 07:04
*let me know if this needs to be editted..*
"Ada! Ada! Mas bennich?" (Daddy! Daddy! Where did you go?)
She was no longer crying out, but she was still tossing and restless, moaning in her sleep. She heard someone call from what sounded like a great distance, and heard a groan in response. Even semiconscious, she was pretty sure that it hadn't come from her. And her hand hurt.
There was a flash of light and then semidarkness again. She heard an utterance of surprise, and she opened her eyes.
Lannórui was still in the same tent she had woken up in briefly before.
She rolled onto her good side and looked at the person who had come in. No it was not a person..it was possibly the most beautiful elleth she had ever seen. Her breath caught in her throat.
The elleth looked down on her and then at the floor. She tried to see what she was looking at and finally managed to prop herself up on her elbow enough to see.
The guard that had grabbed her arms and then kicked her was laying on the floor. His face was bloody and he was not quite conscious.
Lannórui looked from the floor to the elleth, and said nothing, just laid back on the bedding again.
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 08:37
((this is gonna be cut short))

Dagoron and Bessain had gone back to the wagon, to examine exactly what it was that the theives may have taken. Rubble decided to accompany them.

"They took my dagger!" Bessain growled. Rubble seemed fascinated with the fact that she was angry. Truth be told, Bessain owned many daggers, mainly because she was always dropping them. But Bessain didn't like the concept of stealing, she preferred 'borrowing'. Theives were known for stealing, not borrowing. Grumbling as she checked the other bags, she came to the conclusion "Only I may borrow!!".

Dagoron still seemed disgusted by the actions the Eregion guard, but Bessain and Rubble chuckled at the thought. Not because a she-elf was injured. Bessain laughed because it was partly Dagoron's fault, since he had been the one handing out his dwarven drinks. Rubble laughed because elves could not stand the dwarven 'way of life'.

Rinben could hear Celon taking care of their new arrival, in the next tent. A guard was asked to help their only elven healer, but by the sound of things he was nolonger concious. How was he supposed to explain to everyone, that he accidentally fell asleep near the theives? That was just plain embarrasing! He had been wished luck by one of the prisoners... unfortunately, it wasn't helping. The bump on his head must have him confused; he was starting to doubt himself a bit. The fact that he had a headache and his vision was still blurred, might have influenced it.

His mind raced through dozens of things, that he might say. "No one asked me to watch them!" or "I am not incharge of prisoners! Why weren't they killed?". He took a deep breath to steady himself. Why was he panicking in the first place? All he had to do was nodd or keep his answers subtle... things should be ok... he hoped.

Who was this new come elf? Why did she keep screaming so loud?! Did she not realize that some people could get headaches?! He could hear Morvana in the next tent, now. Celon soon came in as he started to calm down.

((can we consider that short?))
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 03:00
Erudú woke with a start when the screams in his dream coincided with the screams from outside the tent. Erudú tried to sit up but he was not yet able to achieve that on his own. He could hear the noise from what he assumed was Erúvellas's tent and it certainly wasn't Erúvellas making the noise. He managed to roll onto his left side and look around the tent. He spotted the elixir bottle on the table and suddenly realised that Sirion being there was not merle a dream. He knew the bottle could only have come from Sirion for few had ever seen or knew of the elixir. The commotion next door had settled and by the sounds of it Celon, Morvana and a guard were moving a body. He tried to move his right arm but it was held in place by dressings. He looked over his shoulder and could see nothing but dressings. He was confused, the mix of voices from outside seeing the bottle and the dressings everything was in a mix.

Súlimo walked into the tent and was shocked to see Erudú on his side. "My Lord" He said in amazement. "My Lord you should not be up at all, your wound may tear."

"Súlimo." Erudú says with a smile on his face. How long have I been here…like this?"

"This is the start of the fifth day my Lord, you have been very ill. Erudú looks up at him with a puzzled look. "Five days." Erudú says in astonishment

"Do you recall anything of the last few days?" Súlimo asks him.

"To be honest I can only recall a conversations with you and snippets with Morvana……and Celon,….. yes Celon was here." There is again noise from outside. "What is going on out there?" Erudú asks. "I thought I heard a woman scream."

"Yes my Lord it was an elleth, she was injured." Súlimo says with some hesitation.

"Help me up please Súlimo." Erudú asks.

Súlimo hesitates. "I'm sorry Lord Erudú I cannot do that, I am under strict orders from Lady Morvana that you must rise before the healer Celon will allow it."

Erudú lays back down but is frustrated with the reply though he understands it. Right now he doesn't want to cause Morvana anymore grief because of his impulsive actions. "Who is the elleth that was injured and how was she injured? Erudú asks as Súlimo helps him to lay down again. Súlimo explains what had taken place concerning the elleth and what Morvana had done. Erudú listened and said nothing
though his face showed his anger. "Find Erúvellas and have him report to me. I want the names of these men and to know from which realm they came." Súlimo nods and leaves the tent.

A short time later Súlimo returns with Erúvellas and Morvana seeing them comes into the tent and sits with Erudú. She lays her hand on his bound right hand. Erúvellas explains the situation in detail and what has already been done with the two guards. "The two ellyn are to be returned to Imladris under escort and a letter concerning their actions is to be drafted and given Elladan. Since we are not in a position to do that here the two are to be removed from the guard and carry out field duties. The young elleth is to be placed under our protection." He looks to Morvana for her council and she agrees. Morvana explains that she had spoken to the elleth briefly only moments before and what she found inside the tent. Erudú smiles but says nothing. Súlimo takes it upon himself to inform the elleth of her status in the camp and also to find out her name and Erudu has also asked him to find Sirion. Everyone seems satisfied with this but Morvana advises Súlimo to be cautious. Súlimo and Erúvellas leave giving Morvana and Erudú some privacy.

Súlimo immediately walks over to Erúvellas's tent to speak with the ellen. "Suilad, I am Súlimo aid to the Lord of Eregion, may I enter." A positive response comes from within the tent so Súlimo enters slowly heeding Morvana warning. "I hope you are comfortable here for the moment." Súlimo says once he's inside. I have been asked to tell you that you have been placed under the protection of Lord Erudú and Lady Morvana, Lord and Lady of Eregion. The two ellon who did this to you have been judged and you have nothing to fear from them or anyone of your kinsmen. You are welcome to remain with for as long as you choose and we will see to all your needs until your well being is fully restored. My Lord has asked if you might give us your name?" Súlimo asks.

[Edited on 6/2/2005 by Barahir1]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 06:41
Lannórui looked up from the bed when Súlimo hailed her and entered. She was not in an exactly pleased mood. Her hand hurt, her head hurt, her side was killing her. She had been speared in the side and then attacked by her own kind. What kind of welcome was that?
She listened to Súlimo's speech and then asked where she was."I mean, whose tent is this?"
"This is the tent of Erúvellas. He was the one who found you after the Dwarf did, and he was the one who ordered you be brought in here."
"I see. Well make sure someone gets the message to Erúvellas I am sorry I seem to have ruined his bedding."
Súlimo shifted his eyes and fidgeted a bit. Was this elleth trying to avoid the question? Was she hiding something?
"By the way, would it be possible to have someone come in and look at my hand? I think I broke it when I apparently sucker punched that guard who attacked me. And I was sleeping at the time. Imagine what might have happened had I been fully awake, she thought. She noticed he was getting a little tense. She sighed heavily and said "My name is Lannórui Whitestone of Lorien, the only daughter of Mírfain of Lorien and Túveren Whitestone of Rivendell. My mother died twenty-two years ago in a battle with some orcs as she and my father were travelling to Gondor. My father disappeared 14 months ago, and all attempts to locate any sign of him have been wholly unsuccessful." She stopped for a moment to catch her breath. "And, as sorry as I am to say this, I object to the story being passed on about the two guards. They attacked me, yes. And they did so without provocation. However, the fact that the one kicked me in the side is not how this hole got there. I was stabbed with a spear and had stitched it up myself. When he kicked me, it broke the stitches open. That is why I balled up on the ground. I am sorry to be so much trouble." As if the effort of speaking was too much for her, she collapsed back against the pillow and sighed. Then she opened her eyes. "Tell the Lord and Lady of Eregion that I am thankful for their welcome, and that nothing would please me more than to be able to mend amongst such honorable hosts. I am grateful and forever in their debt." She smiled now, and asked, "Is it possible in any way to meet this Erúvellas, whose graciousness has cost him a very comfortable place to sleep?"
Súlimo said he would see what he could do, and, satisfied with that, Lannórui closed her eyes and drifted back to sleep.

A short while later, she awoke again, her side throbbing...she tried to move, but she hurt badly. Is this what it feels like to die? she wondered. She needed water, she was so thirsty. Since she didn't hear anything , or know where anyone was, she decided to grit her teeth and deal through the pain and get up and find some water herself.
She was standing for about 35 seconds when everything went black and she collapsed to the ground, striking her head hard and breaking open her right temple, staining her golden hair red.
[Edited on 6/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 08:36
Sirion had left Erudu’s tent after the dwarves came in. It was getting too crowded and he needed his space. He let out a low sigh as he shook his head. "Still up to no good, always getting hurt that one..." he muttered as he rubbed the back of his neck. A screeching made the elf cringe and look down at a particular smelly dwarf. Rubble likewise looked up to Sirion and gave a smile then puffed out his chest. "Me body be me weapon, elf!" he said in his gruff tone. "I'm see, and what of your breath, it seems like you wouldn't need a hearth to melt steel while your breaths stench is of orc filth." he said, casting his own grin.

Walking away leaving the dwarf to think about that comment, Sirion went over to a nice area and made his small tent. Soon after it was up Sulimo came up to him, "Sirion?" he said; not knowing who exactly 'Sirion' was. The elven ranger stood and gave a small nod. "Oh good, I've been looking all over for you, Lord Erudu wishes to speak to you." Sulimo explains. The two make their way back to Erudu’s tent then Sulimo leaves to check on the new elleth. "What is it my old friend?" The ranger asked as he went closer to Erudu’s make-shift cot, even crouching down so that the wounded lord did not have to strain himself to look at Sirion.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 02:04
OOC This is a joint post done by Iell-daughter-of-elves and Barahir.

Súlimo left Lannórui and as he promised he went to find Erúvellas. Erúvellas had made himself a bed with his second in command Eldarion.

"There are those who would envy you Erúvellas." Eldarion comments teasingly.

"Oh I was not aware that spending a night in your tent was something the other men desired" Erúvellas replies in the same teasing manner.

"You know full well what I mean so don't play the innocent one with me, you saw her, you saw her better than any of us. You know what I mean full well. " Eldarion says as he stands and turns looking at his friend.

"The elleth's injuries were my main concern and not her appearance, you would do well to remember that my friend,….though she was beautiful." Erúvellas says as he stand. Eldarin smiles and is about to say something when Súlimo arrives.

"Erúvellas" he calls sticking his head through the open flap. "She wishes to see you."

"Then inform Lady Sorontur that I shall be there momentarily. Erúvellas replies.

"No it is not our Lady who wants to see you but the elleth in your tent." Erúvellas looks at Súlimo somewhat surprised.

"She is awake then?" Erúvellas asks.

"Oh yes very awake and she asks for you, she wants to thank you for the use of your tent, her name is Lannórui " Súlimo comments smiling.

Eldarin smiles at Erúvellas but he takes no notice of it.

"Ahh,… well …I should go see her then and get this over with." Erúvellas says sounding somewhat uneasy with the thought of going. "I'll be right there Súlimo, but I don't want a word of this to get out from either of you." He looks at them sternly. The two ellon smile at him as he grabs his uniform jacket. Erúvellas walks alone to the tent he gave to the elleth feeling a little nervous about it after Eldarion's comments. He arrives at the tent not sure what to do. "Hello Lady Lannórui, it is Erúvellas, you wanted a word with me, may I enter.

There is only a slight moan in response. He pokes his head in and sees Lannórui on the floor. She is trying to push herself up. He hurries in, and crouches down in front of her, and puts his hands on her sides, being careful not to press firmly with his left hand."Can you stand?"
She places her hands on his shoulders and he lifts her back up onto the bed, and lays her down. He looks at the gash on her forehead and retrieves a washbowl and water, and a small rag.
He begins to dab the blood away, and is relieved that it is only a small cut. It looked a lot worse than it was. She moans again, twisting her head away from him, and bringing her hand up to push his away. Lannórui opens her eyes and looks at him. She looks confused for a moment.
"Water," She mouths to him. He retrieves her a cup of water, and helps her to sit up to drink it. She places one hand on his shoulder and leans on it as he continues to finish wiping the blood off. He glances at her, and finds her looking at him over the edge of the cup.

"I'm sorry, but it is going to take a little more than this rag to remove the blood from your hair, my lady." She nods slowly and lowers the cup.
Lannórui looks at him gratefully and says, "Thank you. I was so thirsty." He looks at her and asks quietly, "Is that how you wound up on the floor?"
"I guess, I wanted a drink..hey, who are you?" She looks at him, creasing her brow.
"I introduced myself before I entered, but perhaps you did not hear me. I am Erúvellas." She looks at him for a moment, a smile beginning to touch the corners of her mouth. "So you are the gentlemanly elf who would give up his bed for a stranger."

I gave my bed to a lady who was cruelly wronged by my men, I was ashamed for what they had done. My tent was the least I could do for you." He comments as he looks into her blue eyes. He takes the cloth and wipes more of the dried blood from her brow and face.

"You shouldn't be getting out of bed for water, I'lll make sure to stop by and see to it that your needs are met." He says with a smile. Erúvellas sees just how beautiful she really is in spite of the blood and dirt on her. He then dips the cloth into the basin and rinses it out. He gently picks up her hand and cleans the dirt from the scratches on the back of it but then sees blood on her tunic.

"You have a injury to you side, has Celon the healer seen this? Is this something my men did to you? Erúvellas asks becoming very concerned for her.

"Partially, " she responds, watching him. He glances at her face, so she begins to tell the story. "I was camping a good distance from here, and while I was sleeping, I was stabbed with something. Apparently, whoever it was, was startled when I awoke. They ran off. I stitched up the wound as best i could, and the next morning started heading this way. I observed your camp for a couple of days, and then decided to make my presence known. When I wound up on the ground, and your man kicked me, he must have torn the stitches in my side open." But I think I got even with him." Her eyes twinkled as she said that. "He found himself on the receiving end of a punch."
Erúvellas laughed. "Yes I heard about that. A sleeping elleth put his lights out. Gonna be hard for him to live that down."

"Anyway, I don't know who this Celon is, but someone removed the broken stitches and redid them and then bandaged me back up. This is old blood, see?" She pulled up the side of her tunic so he could see the bandage, clean and white against her flesh. "The blood got on your bedding, I'm afraid it is ruined. I'm sorry." She looked down at the bed.

Erúvellas saw the bandage against her smooth skin and wanted to reach out and touch her. This feeling caught him off guard and he held his hand back. "Celon does very good work, this should heal well." He looks down at the bloody bed sheets. No they are not ruined, your blood will have mingled with mine. The final effort to drive Tartarus and his creatures out of Eregion and Dunland was a difficult and bloody battle, this cot has been bloodied before" He turns and looks back at her. "I couldn't have given anyone better the use of my tent, you honour me by staying here." Erúvellas feels his face flush and knows it's time to go. "I have my duties I must see to." He pulls up the blankets to cover her. "I'll come by and check on you before I turn in. There will be a guard posted outside your door, he will come and get me should you need anything during the night. You need time to heal so please don't try and get up, call for me and I'll come. Till later then." Erúvellas says as he bows slightly.

"Good night Erúvellas and thank you again." Lannórui says as their eyes contact.

Erúvellas leaves the tent and walks about twenty paces before he stops and exhales feeling very foolish.

"So how did it go" Súlimo asks as he comes up from behind.

"What.. ah…well she just wanted to thank me for the use of my tent. That's all, good night Súlimo. Erúvellas walks off not wanting to discuss it.

[Edited on 8/2/2005 by Barahir1]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 07:29
Lannórui leaned back against the pillow's coolness and sighed. She rather liked meeting Erúvellas. She had found him very much as she had expected, gentlemanly, strong, kind hearted. And goodlooking, she thought, and she chastised herself for thinking about that. And secretive too. As if he had something else he had wanted to say, but had decided against it.
She looked at the plate of food that had been brought in to her. She wanted to eat, but she had no appetite, so she had only picked at it.
She still hurt a little, the pain was lessened a bit, but in case she started having problems, she was supposed to yell for someone to get Erúvellas, but she was not sure he had meant that. Besides, what if he was doing something important, or sleeping? Well, he said he was going to come in and check on her before he retired. Maybe she could explain to him that she didn't want to be a bother. But then again, what if he wants to see me? she thought, and she felt a weird feeling in her stomach. Like butterflies.
She lay back and softly began to sing,
"Ir Ithil ammen Eruchîn
menel-vîr síla díriel
si loth a galadh lasto dîn!
A Hîr Annûn gilthoniel,
le linnon im Tinúviel."

[Edited on 8/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

[Edited on 8/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

[Edited on 9/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 06:55
Dagoron was helping around the camp where he could, for the most part. He first helped with getting things organized (amazing aint it) then tried to plan a forgiveness party but the notion was quickly turned down. Kicking at the dirt he grumbled, "Never get ter party." He was about to go over to Erudu’s tent again to see if he had gotten some strength back to his wounded body. But before he got to Erudu’s tent he spotted something that made his head turn. Erúvellas, a quite red and embarrassed Erúvellas by the looks of it stepped out of his tent. "What're ye bout boy?" He asked puzzled as he walked over to him. The elf tried to walk away but that only fed the dwarves curiosity and he quickly grabbed the ellons wrist.

"What're ye about." he said more forcefully, squeezing the frail (compared to dwarves) wrist. "Dun make me pull ye down ere ter eye level." he threatened, even though it might have been a hollow threat. He leaned over to peer inside the tent to see the elleth that he and Granite had slightly aided. Looking from the women on the bed to the once again red mans face he took a guess at it. a crooked smile found its way to the dwarves face, "I know what yer goin through lad." he motioned him closer. "Ye know I was in love once, nice lass she was rest her soul. Even got me a son!" he said in a less then quiet whisper.

"I had the same look on me face when I saw her," he said as he went into an almost trance like state as he went into past memories. "His name's Esriel, me son." he said rubbing his thick red beard. "Nice lad he is, strong too!" he said as he gave a chuckle, then quickly let go of his wrist realizing he might have been squeezing it rather harder then he expected too. "Well, anyways boy, if ye choose ter peruse her, I wish ye best o' luck," he leaned in closer to give him one more think of advice. "And dun worry, ole Granites' a priest, he can do a nice ceremony." he said tossing a wink his way, even if it was a joke.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 06:27
Lannórui stopped singing in the middle of the song, when she heard the voice of a drawf outside. He seemed to be talking to someone, or else he was drunk and being belligerent, she couldn't tell which. She recalled something about a dwarf saving her from the guards initially, but she had no way of telling if this was the same dwarf or not.
She could see the guard outside the tent's shadow. He was on the other side of the tent flap from where the voice was coming from. Maybe she could take a peek out of the tent flap. Just a little peek couldn't possibly hurt. She pushed the covers away, and sat up, swinging her legs over the edge of the cot. She looked up and saw the framework of the tent. If I could just hold onto that, maybe I could use it to help me walk, so I won't fall.She slowly slid her feet to the floor, and holding on tightly to the side of the cot, she tried to stand up. For a moment she thought she would be okay. But then her knees grew weak and she almost fell. She dropped back onto the cot in frustration.
Suddenly she heard a noise outside of the tent. Fearing it might be Erúvellas, and that he might be angry she tried to get out of bed against his request, she pulled her legs back up and threw the covers back over her. She lay back and closed her eyes. Many minutes passed and she heard nothing further. She sighed. I guess I have no choice but to lay here helpless, she thought mournfully. Sadly, she began to sing the song again, feeling the weight of the words in her very heavy heart.

[Edited on 9/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 03:58
((Tis bein a joint post between me an' Erudu))

Súlimo watches Erúvellas walk across the compound apparently to check with the night watch. Súlimo didn't peruse him because it was obvious he didn't want to talk about it. Súlimo still had not found Sirion so he began a search that took to each post and finally to the horses where he finally found the ellon. Sirion sees Súlimo approaching and stands. "Sirion Lord Erudú would like to see you when you have a moment." Súlimo informs him.

"Ah he's awake then, good. Has there been any improvement in his condition?" Sirion asks.

"Yes his condition has changed rather dramatically. I was lead to understand you are responsible for this." Súlimo comments.

"Well yes and no actually. You saw the small bottle on the table?" Súlimo nods yes. Well that bottle was given to me by Erudú a number of years ago when we were in Fangorn together. I only ever used a small portion of it so I look at it as return what I didn't use. There's likely none of it left, I'm pleased it helped him. Le me clean up and I'll walk with you to his tent." Súlimo waits while Sirion quickly washes up and then the two ellon walk to the tent.

"My Lady I have brought lord Sirion to see his Lordship." Súlimo announces.

"Oh come right in." Morvana says sounding much happier. Sirion enters the tent and bows, still very much the gentleman charmer.

Oh come now Sirion she is my wife so you can stop with the charm, she's more likely to give you kick than fall for that. Erudú says as he watches Sirion. Come and sit down my friend." Erudú points to a chair. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the bottle on the table this morning. I thought your arrival was nothing more than a dream. It's very good to see you again; it's been far to long. Now tell me is that still the bottle I gave you?" Erudú asks.

“Yes my friend, its thee very same bottle you gave me those years ago.” He said as he took his seat. “Such a long time,” he chuckled “and your still getting yourself into more trouble then you can handle.” He said as he shook his head. He looked to Morvana as Erudu referred to his wife. “Wife? I wasn’t aware Erudu, with good reason too.” He said looking at him then the elleth sitting next to him. “You are not the young women I met some time ago, what ever happened to her…I don’t remember much after we fought together at Isengard.” He rubbed his head at the memory, “It was troubling times then, much like now.” He said as he laughed at the irony. “Better watch out Morvana.” He said with a sly wink, he was obviously joking.

He leaned back in the chair and for the first time in weeks really relaxed. “What have you been doing throughout the years my friend? Have they treated you nicely or no, perhaps both.” He said referring to his injury and his position, “A ruler of a city, you always had the leadership gift in you.” He said. “I prefer the road to a throne honestly; the outdoors is much better a place for me then inside where the stars do not shine brightly.”
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 04:04
OOC: Another joint post by Iell-daughter-of-elves and Barahir1

Erúvellas had wandered for about an hour from guard post to guard post making sure everything was as it should be. He walked slowly and didn't rush between posts so that it didn't seem that he was in a hurry to return to Lannórui. He walked back past Eldarion's tent but avoided going in knowing what would happen if he were there. He then went and checked the guard posted by the tent of Erudú and Morvana and from there he watched his tent some 15 paces away. This is ridiculous, he thinks, worried about going in my own tent. I'm only checking to make sure everything's ok. With new resolve he walked up to the tent and was stopped by her singing. He stood and listened to her beautiful voice.
"Lannórui are you well? " he asks from outside when she had stopped. "Yes, come in Erúvellas," she called. He opened the flap and went in. He turned and looked at her laying on the bed. To him it seemed as though his heart had moved and was pounding in his throat. Again, as before, he became hot and felt flushed but this time he had only arrived and he couldn't turn around and leave. "Ah.. how are you, is there anything I can get before I turn in?" He didn't know what to say and that was all he could think of. He had thought of what to say to make it sound quite professional but everything he had planned he forgot at that moment.

"Come and sit down Erúvellas." She beckoned. Erúvellas sat on a chair next to her and was lost for words. "I need to speak to you. I feel like such a bother to you, what with you having to come in and check up on me. I don't mean to be." Her eyes were bright as she looked at him.
Erúvellas cleared his throat and said, "Well of course you aren't being a bother. It is part of my duty to watch over you, since my men are partly responsible for you being in this condition." She turned her head and the light from a lamp sent a golden light shining from her hair. He stopped for a moment to regard this, and then she turned back to him and her eyes caught his stare. He blinked and sat forward. "Is there anything you need, my lady?"
He is trying so hard to seem earnest, but something seems to be troubling him, she thought.
"Well, yes actually there are a couple things I need. First, could you make sure there is water near the bed, I always seem to get thirsty in the middle of the night, and I would feel like a child and foolish calling for you to bring me water." Erúvellas smiled at that, as did she. "Second, would it be possible for you to find someone who could redress my wound tonight, I must have moved wrong earlier, and seem to be bleeding a little bit again." Erúvellas nodded, then glanced at her side, and then down at the floor, thinking about the strong desire the sight of her flesh had provoked just a short time before."Anything else, I can do for you, my lady?" She wanted to scream, Yes! You can tell me why the thought of helping me disturbs you so much! but she kept quiet. "Yes actually, there is one more thing." She looked at him and smiled. "Do you think it might be possible to arrange for me to get out of bed and go for a walk for a little while, I need
some fresh air." He looked at her and shook his head at that. "Not now, my lady. It is far too soon. I myself cannot allow you to do that. I am sorry." She looked crestfallen, and he said, "However, I could help you to sit in a chair outside the tent for a little while in the breeze." She smiled and looked very pleased. "But first, let me tend to your other needs." He sent the guard outside the tent to fetch some fresh cold water for her to have to drink, and he went next door to try to find Celon. When she could not be found, he decided that he would change her bandage himself.
After gathering up some supplies, he reentered her tent and set the things down. He then took the water from the guard, and excused him from the tent.
She watched him closely as he reentered. Is he going to change my bandages himself? she thought. It certainly seemed that way, given that he came in with a whole pile of supplies.
He came over, a determined look on his face. She looked at him curiously, as it would not make sense for a man used to the sight of blood should look at this chore as distasteful, but he appeared to feel that way.
Unless it is me he finds distasteful. She lay down on the bed on her side, and with her back to him. She pulled a blanket up the front of her, and allowed him to gently lift the tunic midway up her body, making sure nothing was exposed to him that should not be. He peeled the bandage off (she had been right, it had started to bleed again), and he began ministering aid to her. She lay still, trying not to flinch when he touched the wound accidently. "Sorry" he said. "Mmhmm" she responded. He was glad her back was to him, he was shaking slightly and didn't feel like answering questions.Everything was going well, until he was situating the fresh bandage and securing it into place. As he smoothed it over the wound, his fingers brushed against her stomach, and she shivered, and turned her head and looked at him. "I'm sorry," he said again, and all she could do was swallow and smile. He gently pulled her tunic back down, and then asked if she was able to stand.
She managed to stand, but began to get dizzy. He let her lean on him while the guard situated one of the chairs outside, and then he looked at Lannórui. He smiled and lifted her into his arms. She was surprised, but it was not even long enough to say anything about it. In three or four steps he was outside and depositing her in the chair by the tent flap. He stood behind her and off to the side. So he would be near in case she needed him, and so he could watch the relaxation and pleasure the cool breeze brought to her face.

[Edited on 10/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 08:23
Erudú has become a little impatient and longs to be able to sit up again. He has had quite enough of this lying around and the wound itself no longer pains him. "Morvana would you please check the wound, I know your mothers elixir and by now I should be able to stand let alone sit. I can't just lay here and not even try to get on my feet again."

Morvana turns and sits in the chair beside the bed. "Erudú things must change, you can't keep running to fight every battle, things are different now and there is a city and nation to build. You can't do that and run to every skirmish. Your tempting fate and what if you fell in battle. I cannot do it without you there Erudú." Morvana says becoming a little emotional. "I don't want to do it without you by my side."

"I know and I know I've been a fool and that I can no longer do as I once did. I understand that now and want nothing more than to be with you and be at your side. Even Súlimo has told me that. I shouldn't be here but I couldn't desert Bess and the others, we've come so far together from the start and I see them as family and not just close friends. Even Dagoron is one of us and would go to his aid at anytime. I know what you say is right and I love you more than life and I will do nothing that hurts you. We need to build a city for our children to grow up in and for the children of our people. I will stay with you until time itself ends, and when on that day we give the rule of Eregion to our son or daughter I will sail with you Morvana Sorontur from these lands content and at peace."

A tear rolls down Morvana's cheek and they share a moment of pure bliss. Morvana helps Erudú to sit and dress. She sits beside him and they kiss and share their thoughts silently just for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erúvellas had carefully placed Lannórui on the chair and stood next to her. A cool breeze blew as they watched the stars come out one by one. "There do you see it?" He said as he crouched beside her. "The star of Elendil, the first star of the night sky."

"I'm sorry my directions are all confused can you point it out?" she asks him even though the star was clearly visible.

Erúvellas moves around behind her and crouches, looking over her shoulder he takes her hand pointing it in the direction of the star with his head nearly resting on her shoulder. "There can you see it now." He whispers softly into her ear.

"Yes I can." she replies turning her face to him making eye contact. "The breeze blows a few strands of hair across her face which Erúvellas brushes to the side touching her cheek. Erúvellas is awash in emotions and feelings that have never been apart of his life before. He is unsure of himself though he realises now that there is something between them. Lannórui turns and looks at the heaves. "Tell me about yourself Erúvellas?" She asks him.

"I am from the Mirkwood and only arrived here about a month ago. My family is still in the Mirkwood but I expect most of them to leave soon and sail to the undying lands. My Uncle Lord Thranduil will remain to the last and then one day I to will leave but that day is yet years away. I will likely go with Erudú and Morvana seeing Erudú is my cousin and I am Commander of his guard. It will be time then to turn things over to a new group, likely Erudú and Morvana's children. There is now so much that needs to be done with the reconstruction of Ost-in-Edhil and securing these lands so I'll be here for a while yet." He places his hands on her shoulders and stands. He feels her shudder because of the cool breeze. "Your get cold, I think I need to take you back into the tent, I won't have Celon angry at me for keeping you out in the cold. Lannórui stands with his help but still a bit shaky. Again he picks her up carefully to carry her and lay her back onto the cot.

"Do you have to go already?" she asks once she is comfortable.

"I'm sorry I do, I need to make sure the compound is secure for the night. We'll see how you are tomorrow afternoon and maybe we can go for a short ride on your horse. I checked on him by the way and he's doing fine but I'm sure he wonders where you have got to." He crouches down beside the bed. "You need to rest so no getting up on your own alright? Call for me if you need anything." He tells her looking into her eyes. It is quiet for a moment both staring at each other and then Erúvellas leans forward and gives her a long kiss and then several short ones. "I need you to get better Lannórui." He says as he strokes her cheek and then kissing her again. "Is this alright with you?" He asks. "What do you think?" she says teasing him. He kisses her softly on the cheek and then stands and looks down with a big smile across his face. "I'll see you in the morning my love." He says and then slips out of the tent. Outside in the compound Erúvellas could shout for joy for he is in love and has never felt so overwhelmed with sheer joy and emotion. His step is light as he make a final check of the guard and he can hardly wait until morning.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 08:51
I'll see you in the morning my love

As Erúvellas spoke those words and slipped into the night, Lannórui's heart skipped. She braced herself for the fear that she always suspected she would feel should anyone ever love her again, but this time it did not come. Instead, a feeling of relief and joy spread through her. She could still feel his fingers on her cheek, his lips softly touching hers. She placed a trembling hand to her lips and then let a sigh escape.
Her eyes were suddenly overflowing with tears, and she had no desire to stop them. Instead, she let them flow hard from her, her sobbing softer than one might suspect, given the rawness of the emotions she was feeling, but soon she found herself exhausted and sleepy. She fell into a soothing slumber, for once her dreams not punctuated by fear and nightmares, but by dreams of Erúvellas and love. Even the minor pain in her side could not disturb her. Nor the thought that she still had things to tell him.

[Edited on 11/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

[Edited on 11/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 03:30
It was dark now and the dwarves were getting restless without any orc blood to wet their axes and hammers. So instead of killing each other, they thought of the next best thing. Four torches were brought out of the mines and lashed to a pole. They were stuck into the ground in a square formation. Ropes were wrapped around that to ensure that the two competitors didn’t come out until the game was over. The dwarves gathered around the ring, some wearing only pants and boots. These were the ones to fight. Granite was already in the ring, but did not intend to fight; he would stop it if the beating became too bad and then administer some healing salve (and lots of ale) to the dwarves.

Dagoron went around rallying all of the people who should watch, me made a point to get Erudu and Morvana out of that tent. He then went to Erúvellas tent was and found that the elleth was there and not him. "Oh I was meanin ter find...that one elf..." The dwarf said, full of more then a little of the thick mead he had made. He almost left then walked the rest of the way in. "Ye know, ye can come an' watch yerself. I'm a-guessin that yer with us just as much and anyone." he said, waiting a little bit longer to see if she would need help. She seemed able to get out and walk so the dwarf went for the door and grabbed the chair she sat in earlier and moved it to a place where she would be able to see. "Me names Dagoron, give a holler if ye be needin...things..." he said, not really knowing what he could help her with.

The hearty dwarf made his way to the boxing ring where the torches were flaring furiously, lighting the area. He saw Rubble trying to get into the ring and he promptly pulled the battlerager out. "Aye, ye know the rules, no armor, an' no gloves!" he yelled, squinting as the sharp ridges cut his hand. "If ye can't take it off'n yer jus watchin." he said to the battlerager. He knew it would be hard to get that armor off, some said he even slept in the thing! "Were takin bets now!" the less then sober dwarf yelled into the crowd as he made his way over to a less crowded area. "Over ere if yer to be makin bets! We got the sturdy 'rock crusher' who needs a competitor!" he said referring to the dwarfs’ nickname.

Again Rubble, less-then-forced his way through the crowd screaming for the fight. He knew this 'rock crusher' well as a competing battlerager and knew that the adamant dwarf would allow the armor this one time. Dagoron finally agreed to the terms, under one condition, no punching the face. he had seen the spiked gloves in work and knew it would be a death hit. The two battleragers got into the ring (and almost severed the ropes in doing so!) and went to their corners. "Final chance fer bets!" the no longer sober Dagoron bellowed as some people, dwarf and elf alike ran up to bet on either battlerager.

~~~~~~~~

Not all at the 'party' was drinking with abandon; the dwarf lord had taken a seat near Erudu to discuss the arrangements of their deal, and to watch the entertainment. Neither of them had started drinking yet although the thick mead made the dwarven lords’ mouth water. "So, Dagoron there," he lifted a hand in the shouting dwarfs way "has informed me that ye be wantin some o me men. To rebuild the city is it? And to further bolster yer forces?" The dwarf stroked his black beard that was flecked with gray. "This of course is out o' the question, unless yer to be keepin a treaty after the buildings to be done." he finished. He had always wanted to reunite the elves and dwarves again, to further both his trade and alliances.

~~~Back at the boxing match~~~

Dagoron jumped up on the table "Bettins over!" he said as he lifted an iron empty mug and a smithy hammer. Bringing them together a 'gong' rang out and the two battleragers eagerly charged at each other. Dagoron hopped down from the makeshift table they had gotten out there and rallied more people to fight, he himself planned to fight soon enough. It was an all around cheerful night, exactly what the dwarves had planned, everybody looked so depressed lately and this just couldn’t do. The dwarf put his hands on his hips and smiled. Everything was going well. The dwarf grabbed four mugs, two in each hand and poured his thick mead in two of them, then only filled the other two half way. "Elven bellies can’t take me ale! Bah!" he grumbled.

The dwarf made his way over to the elleth that was new to the camp, he had not yet gotten her name..."So lass, ye ave ter try this!" he slurred as he handed her one of the mugs that was half full. "This one be fer that one elf," he said referring to Erúvellas, "fer he had teached me ter be a lil nicer ter yer kind!" he said, again in that drunken slurred tone. After pawning the two mugs off on her he got her name then went to find the dwarf lord and Erudu, who had front row seats on the side of the ring. Erudu’s mug was the only elfs’ he had filled completely for if he disgraced the dwarf lord by only drinking a small amount the whole thing could go to waste.

He found them easily enough for they were the only other ones sitting at a table, (or sitting period) and he promptly made his way over to them. He set the mugs down harder then me meant to and some of the foam sloshed out. "Fer yer toast, me lords." he said as he dipped into a slightly sloppy bow. He cast a glance at Erudu then the mug, hoping that he would get the idea to drink it with a smile. "Well, I'm ter fight next, best be off." he said as he rushed to the betting table as the round with the battleragers ended with a cry of "Me nose! Me nose!" Groans erupted along with cheers as Dagoron handed out the money, Granite yelled "out o' me way!" as he moved through to administer the mugs of mead and bandaging to the apparently broken nose of the looser.
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2005 05:37
((*runs around hugging people* Wheeee!!! I feel SOOO much better!!! Thx Daggy, that made my day, and I now have the will to rage war on the rest of the world!!!.... and I WON!!!))

Bessain ran to Maethoron's tent, but stopped right outside. "Am I allowed to enter?" she thought to herself, still not used to having a brother who she could just barge in on. She thought about it for a minute, then quietly stode in, brushing the flap aside.

Rinben had slept for a good hour or so, before he felt an annoying tug on his sleeve. He sat up to face his sister, who obviously had something to say. Rinben had no problem with listening to her, but he did have a problem with her running in and attempting to push him out of bed without an explanation. He swung his legs over the side of the cot, but wouldn't allow himself to be moved any further. "Do you need something?" he asked, rubbing his bruised forehead.

"You've slept long enough, Dag is about to fight and we have to support him!!" she said, still attempting to push him out.

Rinben, of course, had no idea what was going on. His head hurt, his vision was blurred and he was still groggy from sleep. "Not now, Bessain, I'm tired and I'm having trouble figuring out if there really are two of you standing in front of me! Leave me alone,"he hissed and swung around to get back into the cot.

Bessain had to duck under his arm as he turned. "He almost hit me!!" she thought, not believing this. Rinben had never spoken harshly to her out of anger, aside from one occasion. Even more astonishing, was that he almost hit her-- or so she thought-- and he had never done that either. Bessain of course could not allow her older brother to act this way, and decided that he must be taught a lesson, since he obviously didnt learn this from Kale. She pulled him up right and slapped him across the forehead.

As many times as Bessain had hit him before, he did not expect that. He groaned in pain, and finally surrendered, allowing Bessain to drag him in the direction of what ever was going on. Rinben was too tired to take action, but made a mental note to teach his younger sister manners, since she obviously didnt learn any from Lord Elrond.

"How much money do you have?" she demanded.

"Why?" he groaned, still rubbing his forehead.

"I told you, we're supporting Dag!"

He assumed that he was supposed to understand her, but he didnt. Instead of arguing, he pointed to his bag and pulled on his boots while she searched his things and pulled out a small bag of gold coins that held a week's wages in it. His anger rose a bit, when she took out a bit more and added it to the little bag of money. He would have to teach her that taking whatever you want, whenever you want, was also wrong. But being in the condition he was in, he put it on his to do list.

Bessain dragged her brother on, knowing fully that the cheering from the crowds would probably cause her brother headache and anger him. But if he tried to hit her again, she'd throw him in the fighting ring and teach him a lesson in front of all the elves and dwarves in their new party.

The bets were being made, and Bessain threw a large bag of gold on Dagorons name, the money from both herself and Rinben. "Everything on the red bearded dwarf!!"Bessain said, settling the deal. Rinben saw this, and finally understood what was happening. "What are you--" he started, but Bessian finished it for him. "--Quiet they're starting!"

The two made their way over to Dagoron's side, and managed to convince their friend that he need to win. They were betting everything on him.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 06:06
Erúvellas did not know what the dwarves had planned and was quite surprised when the call came to him of on goings in the camp. He was a good 15 to 20 minutes outside of the camp with a patrol when Súlimo called him. He finished the patrol sweep of the area and road quickly to the camp. When he arrived there were dwarves everywhere and torches burned lighting the area. He dismounted and walked around the compound but everything seems in order until he spots Lannórui. He ran across the compound to where she was seated.

"Well this is a pleasant surprise, I didn't expect to see you out before tomorrow. Erúvellas says cheerfully as he bends down and kiss her in full view of everyone. "How did you manage to get out?" He asks

"A dwarf came looking for you and found me. He set out the chair and helped me." She replies.

Erúvellas smiles. "That would be Dagoron. Did he supply these by chance?" Erudú says holding up a tankard.

"Yes, one for each of us why." She says looking a little puzzled.

"Ah well Dagoron's ale has a undesired effect on one us. The last time this happened most of our people became very ill. He is a pleasant enough though and good hearted. I have one thing I must do and then nothing will keep me away for you." He again kisses her before he must leave.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Súlimo comes and informs Erudú of the goings on out in the compound and that the Dwarven Lord will be arriving and wishes to speak with Erudú. Morvana feels that Erudú doesn't yet have the strength to walk about or meet with the Dwarven Lord. Súlimo assures her that he will be with his Lord at all times. "This is why we are here my love, we must do what we can for Ost-in-Edhil cannot be built by us alone, we must trust the Dwarves and not look to the past." Morvana reluctantly agrees.

Erudú dressed for the first time in nearly a week and with the help of Morvana and Súlimo makes his way outside of the tent and looks around the compound. "There my Lord is where the Dwarven Lord will be seated." Súlimo tells him. "Well then let's be seated and wait for his arrival, there will be much to discuss. I would also like to see this competition the dwarves have planned." Erúvellas quickly comes over. "My Lord I am pleased to see about, may I suggest a escort." He asks.

"No I don't think there is any reason for concern Erúvellas, watching the perimeter should be enough but post a few here men just in case, I'm sure the Dwarven Lord has made sure we're all safe. You have other places you want to be I hear." Erúvellas looks at Súlimo.

"Thank you Lord Erudú." Erúvellas leaves to post extra men hidden in the shadows while Erudú takes his place where he will meet the Dwarven Lord.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The festivities dwarf style begins in earnest once their Lord arrives. Erudú and The Dwarven Lord talk at great length and grow to understand one another. To Erudú's surprise the Dwarven Lord is earnest in his desire for open and peaceful relationship with the Elves and their return to Eregion. Agreements are made and treaties will be set. Dagoron had made a point of coming by and supplying mead for both leaders. Erudú watches Dagoron as he makes strange motions and faces and he then realises Dagoron is telling it's time to toast and drink. "My Lord I raise this tankard of the finest ale and salute you and your vision of the future. May our peoples dwell together in this land in peace and prosperity until the last of the elves leaves these lands. Erudú raise his tankard and drinks it dry.

Erúvellas returns to the side of Lannórui and kisses her. "Are you all right, not to tired?" he asks.

"No not yet. She says holding his hand. Erúvellas stands and walk around behind her and begins to massage her shoulders. "Mmmm that's nice." She says closing her eyes. "Tell me of the Mirkwood, what did you do there?"

"I commanded a Division of my uncle's army. I was charged with the protection of Lord Thranduil's Halls and the lands for 30 leagues around us."

"What do you mean your uncles army was he a commander also?" she asks him

"Well you could say that I guess. My uncle is Lord Thranduil, I am Prince Erúvellas, Prince Legolas and I grew up together along with other members of the royal family, and now I am here to stay and to be with you. This it's just the start" Erúvellas says kissing the nape of her neck. "It's just the start" He whispers.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 07:19
Lannórui was just beginning to relax when it suddenly registered that he had just mentioned Legolas. She turned and looked at him. Really looked at him...She suddenly got a chill. Her heart began to pound in her chest, and she looked pale, paler than usual.
Erúvellas noticed the change, and became worried." Lannórui? Are you alright?" He took both her hands in his. They were like ice. " Meneth nin, what is it?" She grabbed his hand and took him to his tent. She sat down on the cot and pulled him down next to her. She was still shaking, but she was trying to get the words to come out. "Erúvellas... visions...saw... not Legolas...you...death...shadow...battle..not you, won't let it be you...can't ...can't let it..." She was crying harder now, and the words wouldn't come anymore. Erúvellas held onto her, but couldn't get her to calm down.
"Meleth nin, tell me what is wrong. Please tell me. I hate to see you like this."
She could not stop shaking and crying, no matter how tightly he held her. He quickly called for the guard outside, and told him to get word to Erudú that he needed to see him in his tent as soon as he possibly could get there. He then turned and walked back over to his precious Lannórui and he wrapped his arms around her again and waited.
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2005 09:53
This is a joint post by Iell-daughter-of-elves and Barahir1

"Lanni what ever it is we'll find out, please Lanni……Lanni we'll get help….we'll find out what it all means. Lanni please it will be alright." Lanni wept uncontrollably and nothing Erúvellas did could console here. Erúvellas thought desperately of what he could do but he felt totally helpless and on the verge of tears himself. Oh Lanni I love you and we will find answers for you but this won't help,…. please Lanni. Erúvellas hold her tight and feels lost. Out of desperation he calls his closest friend. Erudú, Erudú what should I do I can't console her, she thinks I'm going to die and I don't know what to do. Tears begin to roll down Erúvellas cheeks, never has he felt so helpless as he does now. With a matter of ten seconds Súlimo arrives and throws back the tent flap.

Súlimo came silently into the tent and led Eruvellas, carrying Lanni, still shaking and crying to Erudu's tent. Erudú makes room on the bed for her to be laid down, and as soon as Erúvellas releases her, she curls up and places her hands on either side of her head. She is whispering, "No, no" in between sobs, and when Eruvellas tries to speak with her, she doesn't seem to notice. Erudú rols her over onto her back and looks into her eyes, and shakes his head. It is as if lanni is not in this reality anymore, but another, and this one cannot penetrate it.
(she is reliving the vision over and over in her head...she has never had one this devastating before). (probably because she never realized what they were before).

Erúvellas kneels down beside the bed. "Lanni please stop, come back to me there is nothing to fear." Feeling help less Erúvellas puts head down and begins the cry. There is a gentle touch on her shoulder and the soft voice of Morvana.

"Erúvellas there is nothing we can do to reach her while she is like this. What ever it is she has seen and fears controls her and it will drain her of all her strength unless we can get her back to the city and my mother and the others." She turns to Erudú. They must leave here and return to Ost in Edhil, there is no time to waste Erudú. Without hesitation Erudú asks Súlimo to find a wagon and two horses and get thing ready for the trip. "No I want to hold her and ride" Erúvellas barks out of frustration. "That would not be a wise thing to do Morvana's soft voice tell him." "Why not I have done it many times carrying wounded men it would be no different. It would be no different than when Erudú carried you Rivendell, and that was a longer trip." Erúvellas had a point and all Morvana could do is look to Erudú and hope he could say something.

"Lord and Lady of Eregion, I feel the pain that fills you and the loss. There is something that grieves you both. She tells them.

Yes my Lady we need your council for we do not know what we are to do. I have no knowledge of matters as such as these. Erudú tells her.

"Mother I to seek your council in this matter for I fear without it there may be a death. She advises he mother of the situation and the point things are at, at the moment.

Erúvellas is to ride with her as quickly as he can on the Moria road. We will leave the city and take the same route and hope full we will meet tomorrow evening. She is dying and is she cold for the light within her is fading. You must ride swiftly or she will die from within. Galadriel warns them.

Súlimo our three best mounts and two companions to be ready in ten minutes. Erúvellas will ride with her.

Inside her head, Lanni was screaming, but she couldn't hear herself. Over and over again, she saw Erúvellas pierced through the back with an arrow, and then there was a sword buried into his heart from the front a split second later. She was screaming for him to watch out, and trying to stop them, but she was powerless to move because of the distance between them...she watched his eyes roll back over and over, and she felt more and more like the was drowning in her own screams and sobs, although where she was, there was no sound...only vision.*

The horses were brought to the tent and ready to go but they were missing one rider. Where is the other rider Erudú asks. "I'm sorry my Lord I was sleeping when the call came." "Who will take your position in the guard Eldarion" Erúvellas asks. I though that Súlimo would fill that position well My Lord." Eldarion replies. "That will be fine an excellent choice" Erudú approves of the rides and immediately Lanni is made ready. She is lifted up and put in place in front of Erúvellas and then wrapped in blankets. "May the Valar grant you all speed Erúvellas." Morvana wishes them. "May the Ilúvatar smile upon you and your charge." Erudú says. "I thank you both, I will call you with any news.
With that the three rider urge their mounts on and fade into the night.

She fell to her knees in her mind, unable to stand any longer, she kept trying to reach out to Erúvellas, but he couldn't hear her or see her. Suddenly the space between them stretched out, racing her miles away from him. She began to cry again, knowing she would never reach him, he would never hear her, he would die because she was not there to save him. Everything began to go black around the edges. Her eyes felt heavy, and she was slipping into a bog of unconsciousness...Suddenly the darkness overtook her... There in Erúvellas arms, she went limp. She had lost all consciousness.

[Edited on 16/2/2005 by Barahir1]
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 02:56
Dagoron stepped into the ring, he was in the left corner and his opponent, Bifur was undefeated. So was Dagoron. This would be a big fight indeed. The two dwarves were shirtless, as the custom for this, and their usual gauntlets were also taken off. The dwarf that filled his place at the booth for taking bets bellowed out "new record o' coins collected!" this only spurred the two dwarves in the ring to look more aggressive. The 'bell' sounded and the two dwarves charged each other, colliding with a thick thud. The both grumbled as they tried to throw one another off balance. Then seeing as they were equally strong and were in a deadlock they pushed off of each other.

They circled around each other in an offensive posture. Dagoron was the first to attack again. Swinging a hard left hook that left him open for an attack Dag cringed, knowing it wasn’t the best move. Bifur took this opportunity and sent his gnarled fist into the sturdy dwarfs’ ribs, then sent another squarely into his eye. "Yer goin t'ave t'do better n'that!" Dagoron yelled as he quickly recovered from the hit. He was full of mead, and even though his motor skills were impaired he was basically numbed from pain. The drunken dwarf shrugged off the hit like a bug bite. He came in again, this time throwing a sloppy left hook again, but re-directed his power to the uppercut that collided under his opponents jaw, almost lifting the staggering dwarf off of the ground.

Before he could recover Dag waded in and sent a series of left and right hits and hooks in rapid succession. The dwarf staggered back against the rope barrier, he had no where else to go. Dag hooked him in the jaw once more and the dwarf feigned the hit and acted to fall. He dipped down and suddenly jolted hard, sending his hard head into Dagorons' gut. He stumbled back and fell, he rolled onto his back and kept going, getting him up on one knee. He rolled to the left with more agility Bifur expected and his charge was unable to divert his path of charging. Dag, now back on his feet, tripped the shocked the opponent and tackled him, sending punches into his opponents kidneys.

Granite finally had to call off the assault on the downed dwarf, declaring Dag the winner. Cheers and applauds erupted that shook the very earth. He stood up and raised his hands into the air, making more cheers sound. He looked through his blurry eye into the crowd and saw some people he knew, Bessain and Rinben in particular cheering with abandon. He nodded to them and went over to Granite, who was helping the looser up and giving him ale. He turned to Dag and gave him too an ale. The dwarf downed it then left the ring to meet with the two elves. "Ye bet on me didn't ye!" he said with a grin to Bess and Rinben.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 09:14
OOC: Joint post between Iell-daughter-of-elves and Barahir1

She almost slipped from his grasp when she went limp, but Erúvellas held fast to her, and pulled her tighter against him, as the horses raced toward what he hoped was her salvation. Lanni, don't give up on me now...I need you to stay strong and come back to me, he thought.

Deep inside the darkness, Lannórui felt an echoing... she was not sure what it was, but the darkness around her seemed to throb...there were no words, just the random impression of them...she was floating in a void, one that seemed to be alive, sucking at her flesh, and draining her of her strength.

"Erúvellas, Erúvellas!" Eldarion shouted at the top of his lungs but Erúvellas wasn't hearing a thing. His eyes were on the road ahead and from time to time he would wipe them with the blanket Lanni was wrapped up in. "We'll be there soon my love, please stay with me Lanni please stay." From where Súlimo rode he could see the trouble with Erúvellas's eye was because of tears coming from them.

Súlimo can you get him to stop, Eldarion called.

No, other than trying to force him I don't think I can. I don't think he even sees us, Súlimo replies.

He's going to kill the horses at this pace we have to stop. He'll listen to because he has to. Stop him Súlimo or we could have even more problems, problems that will kill her and likely him.
All right I'll try but we should be ready to grab the reins if we need to, Súlimo says with a tone of apprehension.

"Erúvellas, Erúvellas you must stop! Erúvellas!" Súlimo shouts as he rides closer and slightly ahead of Erúvellas. Erúvellas, Erúvellas stop your killing your horse! Súlimo shouts as loudly as he can directly to his mind.

Erúvellas, stop and dismount. Erudú orders him. Erúvellas stop and dismount, this will do nothing but make it even worse for her. You may run your mount into the ground but all you'll do is make it take even longer before the others find you. You will likely kill your horse and her if you do not stop now and water and rest your mount. There is no reaction from Erúvellas.
Súlimo, Eldarion, do whatever you must to stop him. Erudú instructs.

Súlimo and Eldarion begin to ride along side slowly getting closer and closer until they both can reach the reins of Erúvellas's mount. "No, get back, get back, you'll kill her, don't you see, get back!" Erúvellas tries to whip them with the reins but can do nothing while holding Lanni. Eldarion and Súlimo are able to slow the horse gradually and cool the three horses before finally coming to a stop.

"Erúvellas, here we can take Lanni for you and you can come down for a bit and stretch your legs." Súlimo says as he walks up to the horse. Erúvellas sits there torn; he fears if he lets go she might never come back to him.

Eldarion reaches up and puts his hand on Erúvellas's. "Let go, Erúvellas. You both need to get down off the horse. We will give her back after you have a chance to stretch. I swear to you."

Erúvellas looks at him, and slowly nods his head. He very carefully hands Lanni down off the horse to them. Be careful, watch her head, don't drop her.
There was that weird vibration again. Lanni felt it as she struggled to see or hear anything.

We're not going to drop her, Erúvellas. Just relax and get down, stretch your legs a little bit. Súlimo takes Lanni from Eldarion, and carries her over and lays her down with a blanket rolled up under her head.

Erúvellas climbs slowly down off the horse. His legs feel strange on solid ground after so long on horseback. Erúvellas. Are you alright? Erudu asks him.

I'm sorry Erudú, it won't happen again. Thank you for your concern and your help.
Erúvellas removes his jacket and lays it on top of the blankets that wrap her. He bends down and feels her hands that are tucked into the blanket.

"They are cold." He says as he looks up at his companions. "Something is wrong and I don't understand what is doing this to her." He does what he can to hold her hands and warm them. I acted rashly and without care; forgive me my friends, I could not bear the thought of losing something I have waited for so long to find. Her hands are so cold, Erudú. They are like ice.
Sulimo builds a small fire, and Erúvellas moves Lanni as close to it as he can without her getting singed. I have to warm you up. You are so cold. Please, Lanni, don't leave me. Not like this. I can't lose you like this.
The vibrations make her tingle now. Her whole body is feeling like it is asleep, and she knows if she lets herself go, there will be no more pain, no more fear. But she can't...there is something holding her in this suspension. Something..she can't quite remember....no, not something, but someone...Eru...Eruvellas...Eruvellas! She was screaming but was still unable to hear...

Eruvellas head shot up. "What is it, Eruvellas?" said Sulimo, looking at him with concern.

Galadriel sat up straight from her place in the distance. "I hear her..."

Eruvellas sat there stunned for a moment, then cried out, "I heard her! She is calling to me!"
Erúvellas picks her up and holds her with one arm wrapped under her. "Lanni, Lanni I can hear you! Lanni, can you hear me? Lanni, it's Erúvellas please say something more my love."

The child cannot hear you Erúvellas, but the memories she has of you strengthens her and it is only that which sustains her. There is little time left so do not tarry long Erúvellas.
Thank you my Lady we will continue our ride at once. "Súlimo, Eldarion there is no time left. We must ride hard, Galadriel herself commands it." The three ellon quickly have their horses ready and Erúvellas runs and picks up Lanni from beside the fire.
"Lanni my love I am sorry but we must ride again, please be strong my love, help is not far away."
Erúvellas mounts his horse, and with the help of the other two ellon places Lanni in front of him, holding her tightly. Eldarion looks to the eastern sky where a slight slit of purple light foretells of the coming dawn. "We shall make it before midday," Eldarion shouts as they spur the horses on.
The ellon race toward help for Lanni, as the eastern sky grows ever brighter. Erúvellas holds her cradled in his arm, whispering to her, "Hold on, please, just hold on." Just before the sun reaches its peak in the sky, they gallop around a bend, and see the three awaiting them. They begin to pull up their horses, and Elrond and Gandalf come to take Lanni out of Erúvellas's arms. As they do, her head lolls back and Elrond stares at the inert elleth. He takes a step back for a moment, and then turns away, and whispers, "Lannórui."

[Edited on 16/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 06:26
Erudú had chosen to rest and dosed in a larger chair provided by the dwarf King rather than his bed. His right arm was still securely bound and without the use of it, it was difficult for him to get out and stand up from a bed. He was mulling over the day's discussions with the Dwarf Lord and very pleased with the results and the bet he had made on Dagoron did yield a healthy profit of dwarven gold. He sat with his eyes shut while Morvana slept beside him on the cot. The night was calm and quiet but the day would be upon them soon enough and it was time to return to Ost-in-Edhil. It startled him when he first heard the sounds of Súlimo and Eldarion pleading with Erúvellas to stop.

Súlimo can you get him to stop. Eldarion called. No, other than trying to force him I don't think I can. I don't think he even sees us. Súlimo replies.

He's going to kill the horses at this pace we have to stop. He'll listen to because he has to. Stop him Súlimo or we could have even more problems, problems that will kill her and likely him.

All right I'll try but we should be ready to grab he reins if we need to. Súlimo says with a tone of apprehension. Erúvellas, Erúvellas stop your killing your horse! Súlimo shouts.

Erudú stands and goes outside not wanting to disturb Morvana. As he listens the situation becomes more dangerous and the lives of Lanni and all of the riders could be at risk. Erudú had no choice but to try and intervene in the matter and pray that Erúvellas would respond to him. Erúvellas stop and dismount. Erudú orders him. Erúvellas stop and dismount, this will do nothing but make it even worse for Lanni. You may run your mount into the ground but all you'll do is make it take even longer before the others find you. You will likely kill your horse and her if you do not stop now and water and rest your mount. There is no reaction from Erúvellas. Súlimo, Eldarion do what ever you must to stop him. Erudú instructs. He waits hoping that they able to safely to stop Erúvellas. The time moves slowly and Erudú begins to pace waiting for word that everything is all right.

We have him my Lord and he has given Lanni to us and dismounted. Súlimo reports.

Thank you Súlimo and Eldarion I know it was a difficult and dangerous thing to do. How is he doing Súlimo? Erudú asks.

I have never seen him this distrait my Lord but we will bring both of them through this.

I'm sure you will Súlimo, Thank you. Erudú replies quite relieved

I'm sorry Erudú, it won't happen again. A obviously shaken Erúvellas says. Thank you for your concern and your help.

I understand all to well Erúvellas, as you know. Erudú replies remembering his own situation not all that long ago.

"Erudú." Morvana calls as she comes out of the tent. "Erudú, what's the matter" She asks as she walks up to him. He turns and smiles at her.

"Erúvellas is going through a very difficult time and needed some help, I'm just remembering what is was like." He replies quietly. "I fear for him Morvana, I see and hear the same fear in him that consumed me and only by the grace of Mandos and your mother did I come through it. I fear for him Morvana." He says as he looks at her.

"It will be fine Erudú." She takes his hand in hers. "Mother is still here and she will do all she can for them. Try not to worry."

"He you two what are you doing out" Sirion calls as he walks over to them. "Bit early isn't it for the Lord and Lady?"

"Not at all Sirion my friend for today we make everything ready to leave and you have pleasure of over seeing it all. You really didn't think I would go easy on you today did you? Well how else was Erúvellas's new number two going to learn the ropes." Erudú comments watching Sirion's reaction. "If you want to stay in Eregion the positions yours, but you should know we are still at war so it won't be the cushy job you've always looked for." Erudú smiles. "Oh by the way you'll have command of your own company and all the time you need to work with your men. I'd be a fool not to ask you Sirion, what do you think?"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 07:51
"Elrond?" Eruvellas looked at him oddly, wondering why Elrond was acting strangely.
Gandalf carried the unconscious elleth to the opening of a cave, and looked back. "Come, we haven't much time."
The ellon secured their horses and entered the cave after Elrond and Galadriel. There was a place laid out on the floor of the cave where Gandalf had laid Lanni down. He turned to Erúvellas and barked,"We need to know everything that happened before she became like this."

"Do you want to know how we came across her?" Eldarion asked. Gandalf shakes his head. Galadriel says quietly that it isn't necessary right now, but that they do need to know what happened right before she became catatonic and then unconscious.

Erúvellas begins to tell them. He says,"She and I were watching the dwarves in their boxing matches. I was standing behind her, massaging her shoulders, and then she asked me to tell her about the Mirkwood. I had just told her about myself and Prince Legolas training together, and she suddenly turned and looked at me. She pulled me into the tent, looking frightened. She began saying that things that didn't make sense, fragmented sentences." Elrond looks at him, and in his authoritative voice says, "Think man, we need to know exactly what words she said." Ervellas begins to think back. "She said, 'Erúvellas... visions...saw... not Legolas...you...death...shadow...battle..not you, won't let it be you...can't ...can't let it...' and then she started sobbing harder and by the time we got her to Erudu's tent, she was not saying anything anymore, except whispering 'No' over and over with her hands on either side of her head."
"Like she was trying to shut something out?" Elrond asked. Erúvellas nodded. Elrond said nothing, but the look on his face changed to one of more concern.
Gandalf is checking her eyes, and Galadriel is trying to find a way to explain delicately what has happened.
Suddenly, Erúvellas hears her scream inside his head again. Erúvellas!
His eyes fill with tears, and he begins to cry. He knows by now that trying to talk to her is futile.
Galadriel speaks inside his head. Erúvellas, it seems that she has had a vision of your death in battle. Because she did not know you at the time, it did not cause her to suffer. Now that she is with you and a part of your life, she cannot deal with the thought of losing you.
She has retreated within, because inside her head, you will always be alive and safe, and nothing can take that away from her, Elrond adds. We must find a way to break through the wall she has put up to protect herself from the reality she sees in the vision.
Eldarion asks, "How are we supposed to do that?" He looks helplessly at Erúvellas, who is standing silent and stoic.
**Lanni felt the echoes again, rolling her over and over, washing over her. She still couldn't see anything, but she knew that he was there. Somewhere. She called out to him again, screaming as loud as she could. She still heard nothing, but the vibrations returned, and this time they lasted longer.**
Gandalf produced a vial from the folds of his robe, and handed it to Elrond. He popped it open, and poured some of the liquid into her mouth. Her reflex to swallow was still intact, so she was still present in some ways on the plain of reality outside of herself. Erúvellas looked at Elrond and asked,"What did you give her?"
Elrond responded shortly, "Something to help her body relax and rest. This could be a long process, and unless mentally she is pliable, we will get nowhere." He walked away then and went outside the cave.
Erúvellas refused to leave Lanni's side, so he sat down near her and stared at her. Even though he knew she could not hear him, he thought, How could you come into my life, and then leave me so soon? Don't you know that as long as I have you, I will always be alright? Even were I to fall in battle, I would remain with you forever, in your heart and in your mind. I just want you to get well, veleth nin, so that we might be able to spend our time together, whatever time we may have, if your vision is true. He sighed and put his head in his hands.
Eldarion steps outside, his eyes scanning the area. He sees Elrond, brow furrowed, apparently deep in thought. But Eldarion knew better. Elrond was speaking with someone. He glanced over his shoulder. Neither Galadriel nor Gandalf seemed to be in conversation with anyone, and Erúvellas and Súlimo would have indicated something were they the ones conversing. So Eldarion was left wondering who it was that Elrond was caught up with.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ellyn stood at his balcony, looking outward away from Rivendell. He had a choice to make, and an important one, one that could mean saving a life.
You do not know what you are asking of me. I have not left this area in all these long years. I can't just pack up and leave after all this time.

Are you not hearing me? She needs you here.

She has not needed me in all these years, what good would it do to come into her life now?

You will come. For she is dying. You owe her that much, to be present should we lose her.

I owe her nothing.She has had a good life without interference.

You gave her life. Now do not let her pass through the silver glass without ever seeing her.

Her mother made that choice, not me. If she would have remained in Rivendell, the child would know me, and would have been prepared for the visions. Go to her and tell her the child is dying, and see what she says.

Mírfain has been gone from this world for sometime now. The child is alone. All she has is the young ellyn who loves her, and he cannot reach her now. You must come. I am giving you no other choice.

What are you saying, Lord Elrond?

You know what I am saying. You will come. You will offer what aid and comfort to this lost child of yours that you can.

Or?

Or you will leave Rivendell...forever.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Lanni felt strange. She was wrapped in an envelope of warmth and restful peace. She was floating, but the thought didn't scare her. She no longer felt the pain in her side, nor the pain of her thoughts.Occasionally, she would feel a mild vibration, but now it was like a small ripple on an otherwise smooth lake. Her thoughts and emotions seemed to have been shut off, and she was just there.*
Ohtariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 06:58
Bess might have considered hugging her dwarven friend for winning his match, but the fact that he was shirtless erased that thought from her mind. Instead, with Dagoron and Rinben in tow, they moved out from the crowd to split the winnings. Rinben still looked like he had a headache, so he was offerred a bit of the dwarven made drinks.

Thinking it was some sort of medicine (which to dwarves it probably is), he took a mouthful of the stuff. Instantly, he started coughing and spitting ale all up and down his shirt, gasping for air. "I don't want a hole in my stomach!" he complained. Most of the surrounding dwarves laughed, but others scoffed at the sight of wasted ale.

Bessain, knowing better than to accept dwarven drinks, didn't pay any attention to him. "DWARVEN GOLD?!" she complained, looking through their purse which had doubled in size. "What am I supposed to do with this?!" she growled. "Who accepts dwarven gold?!"

"Dwarves o' course!" Dag added, between sipping on his drink.

"Great... dwarves..." she kept her next few comments to herself. A few choice words for Dagoron, would have to be in order, but before anything could be planned, Rinben spit ale in her direction. "You're not supposed to drink it all at once!" Bessain hissed, temper rising a bit. She took her brother's mug and sipped from it, allowing the liquid to burn her throat as she did so. Bessain brought her sleeve up to her mouth as a dwarf might to wipe away anything extra, then handed her brother's drink back. "See?! If you're going to drink it atleast keep it in your mouth!"

Rinben took his mug back, feeling a little more than defeated from all the dwarves around him now laughing at him hysterically. After his lesson with ale in Eregion, Rinben was more than a little hesitant to try this again. But he couldn't let his sister show him up like this! He decided that he'd stick to one mug and that would be it. Perhaps it would help his head.

Bessain, going back to ignoring her brother, turned to Dagoron. “Is there anywhere around here, where I might trade this in? I can’t use these!” said Bessain, her tone letting him know that she was a little more than annoyed.

Dagoron ignored her, as did the rest of the dwarves at hearing her question. They had little love for anyone who deemed their goods “worthless”.

Rubble scolded her appropriately. He walked forward with two mugs of ale. “Shut yer mouth,” he said, and slapped a glass into her hands.

“I guess I deserved that,” she mocked, quietly to herself. “No thank you Master Rubble, I’d rather not,” she said, and pushed the mug back toward him. She had just insulted the dwarves, and was not about to accept a drink from a dwarf who could very well have poisoned it for her stupidity. Rubble looked at Bessain and then to her brother. His gaze did not leave Rinben. Bessain studied Rubble for a moment, and then looked toward her brother, who grinned while shoving his ale in his face. After about a minute, Rinben came up for air, gasping “HAH!”

Bessain took her ale back and attempted to down it faster than her brother. She may have been determined to win this little battle, but she was not willing to let it surpass one drink. Bessain did not wish to burn her hands with experience any more than she needed to.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 08:16
Elrond joins Galadriel and Gandalf and the look on his face speaks for him.

"It went that well did it?" Gandalf asked sarcastically. "Is the fact that this is still his child lost on the man?"

"I have done something I thought was beyond me, but he left me no choice. His indifference to the matter was invidious." Elrond seething with anger. "He should be here by mid morning at the latest."

Erúvellas had over heard the conversation between the three of them and was puzzled with their comments. "Lanni has no father that still lives in these lands, she told me herself. Who ever claims to be her father is making a false claim." Erúvellas comments.

Gandalf walks closer to him and sits on a large stone. "There are issues in Lannórui's life of which she has no knowledge and they were done to protect her. Only those who needed to know did, and until now that has been sufficient. Lannórui has a gift from her father's line and she has had no direction or council in the use or understanding of her visions. Because of this she has never understood it and it is this lack of understanding which now threatens her life. Only her father may be able to reach her and draw her back into our reality. She was shocked by what she saw and then because of the reality of what she saw concerning you she went within her self to be shielded from the loss and pain." Gandalf looks up Erúvellas with compassion but see nothing but confusion in Erúvellas's eyes.
"I don't believe this, the three wisest people in this realm and no one bothered to talk to her? Even if you shielded her from the truth that does not mean you don't help her. Where have you been the last 22 years of her life? You could have given her all the counselling she needed to understand this!" Erúvellas begins to shout. "I don't believe this!" Erúvellas stands and begins to pace.
"We are late but we are here now and will do all we can." Gandalf assures him resting his hand on Erúvellas's shoulder. Erúvellas pulls away from the wizard's touch and glares at him. His eyes are red and he can say nothing. Súlimo and Eldarian come in to be with him but Gandalf stops them and takes everyone out of the cave. Erúvellas goes to Lanni and removes his jacket and gently covers her. Then he takes his bedroll and tucks it in around her to try and warm her. He lays down beside her and takes her in his arms holding her cold body next to his. "I'm here Lanni, I won't leave you….please come back Lanni,.. please don't leave me."
*Something stirs amidst the vibrations. It is like a call, but she cannot discern what it is.*
"I'm glad you can see this before you leave, to watch her die for nothing but lack of someone sitting down to explain it to her and teach her!!!" Gandalf stands and walks over Erúvellas who has his back turned to them.

"Eruvellas, listen to me. It was her mother's choice that her father have no contact with her. Until Elrond laid eyes on her, we had no way of knowing it was her. There has never been any mention of her gift by anyone we had checking up on her, we never had any idea what was happening to her."

Galadriel said, "It is possible that is why her adopted father left her alone. Because he himself could not explain things to her, and he didn't have the courage to point her in the right direction. None of us, Eruvellas, would have had this happen to the child. She is the daughter of a she-elf from Lorien, why would I intentionally harm one of my own?"
Eruvellas lay there, holding Lanni and not saying anything.

Elrond motioned for the others to leave, then turned to Eruvellas. "You need to know, had I known this behavior was going to manifest itself in a general in the army of Imladris, I would have done something long ago. Until I just spoke with him, Sarnion didn't even know Lanni's mother had passed. Had he know at the time it happened, I have to believe that he would have come to the aid of his child. He was respecting her mother's wishes by not having contact with her." Eruvellas scoffed, but Elrond said,"Oh you believe that to be untrue? Look at me, Prince of Mirkwood, nephew of Thranduil." Eruvellas looked at him coldly. "Tell me. If Lanni asked you to do something for her, would you do it?"
"Yes"
"No matter what it was, if you believed it to be right?"
"YES"
"And why would you do that?"
"Because I love her!" Eruvellas shouted.
Elrond looked at Eruvellas. "And there you have it, Sarnion loved Mírfain enough to let her go, to allow her to leave Rivendell, and to respect her wishes about no contact with their child. It was her mother's choice, not Sarnion's. He may be stubborn, but deep down he loves this child of his. He will help her, Eruvellas. He will bring her back to you."
With that, Elrond got up and left the cave, leaving the two of them, Lanni wrapped tightly in Eruvellas's arms.

[Edited on 18/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 07:51
OOC: I know this is abnormal, but I am posting again immediately following my previous post to introduce two new characters to the story, Sarnian(the father of Lannórui) and Eruwestiel (his "assistant" who travels with him and acts basically as his maidservant.)

The road from Imladris to Moria was a long one, and one that Sarnian was not particularly enjoying his travels on. Had he been given more of a choice, he would have chosen to remain in Rivendell, and had the child brought to him. However, Lord Elrond had not given him that option.
Mírfain has been gone from this world for sometime now. The child is alone. All she has is the young ellyn who loves her, and he cannot reach her now. You must come. I am giving you no other choice.
What are you saying, Lord Elrond?
You know what I am saying. You will come. You will offer what aid and comfort to this lost child of yours that you can.
Or?
Or you will leave Rivendell...forever.

He sighed and glanced to his right, at Eruwestiel. She had barely spoken since they had ventured out of Rivendell. She was not pleased to be going on this expedition. For years, she had thought of herself as Sarnian's daughter, albiet one that was not his by birth. Now to discover that he had a real daughter somewhere made her feel hurt and angry. She was the reason for this trip in the first place. Something had happened to her, and she needed her father's help to get out of whatever hole it was she had dug for herself. Eruwestiel had refrained from saying anything negative to Sarnian about her, but she kept the thought in the back of her mind that this little brat had not needed her father for all this time, and was now trying to usurp Eruwestiel's position in his life. Lord Elrond was no better. He had ordered that this trip take place, and when Elrond demanded something, it was done or else you suffered the consequences.
Well, she for one would not welcome the child back again. Spoiled brat, she thought. Shouldn't be getting herself into messes she can't get out of. Ahead of her, Sarnian suddenly stopped.
"You would do well to remember, Eruwestiel," he said, "that your thoughts are not truly your own."
She had forgotten! She looked at the ground, ashamed and duly chastised. "Goheno nin, Sarnian."(Forgive me, Sarnian)
He resumed his riding, she riding behind him, in silence.
naucoaran_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 07:58
Sirion was shocked at the proposition that was just offered to him. "Erudu..." he paused and rubbed his neck, "Yes, it would be an honor to take this position." Like Erudu said, he would be a fool not to offer, but a bigger fool Sirion would be for not taking the job. "Yes, I'd like to meet with my men, see how their trained." he said as he rubbed his chin. He frowned, not really knowing what to oversee. He placed a hand on Erudu’s shoulder. "Don't worry, I wont let you down." he said as he started off to gather some things to prepare for the departure. Soon he had everything ready to go and soon the second in command of his units came to him.

"You wished to see the men sir." he said and Sirion, not used to being addressed as sir looked at him for a second longer then he would have usually done. "Uh, yes," he said as he tried to regain some of his posture as he stood up fully. The two ellon walked to a rather large area where the men under his command slept. In front of him was approximately 200 units, a fine number for anyone who had just started to even have a rank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dagoron had gotten a fair amount of gold to himself for fighting such a brilliant match and he would have liked to spend it on ale and other things but the dwarven healer, Granite came up to him. "Scuse me u-uh, Dagoron? Is it?" he said, not wanting to make the fiery dwarf angry. The rough dwarf turned to him and looked him in the eye. "Ya what're ye wantin?" he replied. "Our lord has granted me permission ter come back ter the city with ye." he explained. Dagoron nodded his head in agreement. It would be nice to have the dwarf with them and he didn't see any reason why he couldn't come. "Okay, ye can come lad." he said simply and continued to walk. He had been informed that they were going to prepare to leave soon and he had to get things ready to go.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 07:40
OOC: Okay this is much shorter than our usual posts, but I am sorry about that and a longer post will be coming soon. This is a joint post between Iell-daughter-of-elves and Barahir1

As the two travelers arrived at last, Elrond greeted Sarnian and gave a cursory nod to Eruwestial. He had figured she would come along, so he was not in the least surprised by her presence. He then led Sarnian to the cave where Lanni was lying, still wrapped in the arms of her beloved Eruvellas.

Eruwestial surveyed the scene coolly, not dismounting when Sarnien did, but rather maintained her poise on the horse as if she were a statue, with only her eyes flicking back and forth. Sulimo stepped up and took the reins with one hand from hers and offered his other hand up to her to assist her fro the horse. "Are you implying I cannot dismount my own horse?" she said rather stonily. "Not at all," Sulimo responded smoothly. "I am merely showing respect to a lady who obviously is deserving of it." Eruwestial looked at him and then smiled slightly, and slid her hand into his and accepted his aid from her mount. "Why thank you for that, most I have come across of late would not be so ready to render aid to a lady." "To one such as yourself? Why any that do not are obviously beneath your contempt." Sulimo was certainly versed in the art of compliments, and he seemed to be ready to shower many upon her.

Erúvellas, having wrapped his jacket and tunic around Lanni, sat with her trying to warm her. Lanni, why are you so cold? He spoke to her mind. Lanni, please, won't you say something? he asked in vain knowing full well that there would be no reply. Someone is coming Lanni, they say he can help you, he will bring you back to me. I love you, Lanni please hold on or I must join you, for this world would hold nothing for me if I could not share it with you. I have waited so long for you and now I will not remain alone in this world. I will join you wherever you are. Erúvellas felt a strange peace come over him and he was at rest with his decision to follow her if she left this world.

Sarnian and Elrond entered, and Eruvellas looked up at them. He was about to say something harsh and biting, but he stopped when he saw the elf. He looked from him to Lanni and back again, struck by the almost mirror image of them. The only difference, besides the obvious, Lanni being a female and Sarnian male, was that where Lanni's eyes were closed, Sarnian's were wide and filled with tears.

[Edited on 21/2/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Barahir1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 06:29
Erudú was overjoyed when Sirion said he would stay. Sirion was someone from the past and a time when he was free and not responsible for the building of a nation. Those were dark days before the war and Erudú did have a command under him but nothing quite like this. The camp had become busy as everything was packed away but there was not a great deal here and the wagons were packed in no time at all. Erudú felt somewhat useless walking around with only on arm that that was of any use. Sirion seemed to have everything well in hand so he returned to his tent.

Morvana and two soldiers packed up the few belongings they had, she picked up the bottle and examined it. "You're not planning to part with that?" Erudú asks her. "No, it brings back many memories for both of us. I'm sure you're as familiar with this bottle as I am, I filled the bottles and you and your men used them. I was told of you and the work you did, I always hoped that one day I may have had filled the very bottle you used and this is one that I had filled, see here." Morvana showed him a stylised M scratched faintly on the underside of the bottle. "This is one of those bottles, my prayers were answered the moment Sirion walked through the door." Erudú embraced Morvana and whispered. "And you were the answer to my prayers, " Erudú tells her.

The horses were all lined up and the men and wagons waited for Erudú and Morvana. The dwarven King had arrived to wish the well and to inform them that the first of their craftsmen would arrive in Eregion I seven days. A bond of friendship was now in place between the dwarves and elves and the mistrust of the days of old was now past. The King and several of his men accompanied Erudú and Morvana as they went to leave and after a few more words of friendship the column began it's return journey. Sirion had set 2 lines of men either side of Morvana and Erudú and in what remained of Erúvellas's gear a banner of Eregion was found and it was held high at the front of the column. The road they took was the longer route but this was now the main roadway and travel was much easier and therefore quicker. Sirion had sent out scouts and the route ahead of them was clear for this day a least.

Súlimo, Erúvellas and Eldarion were never far from Erudú's mind and he had thought of them a lot but refrained from calling but now the time had come. Súlimo are you free. Erudú called. Súlimo abruptly stopped the conversation he was a part of and walked away several paces from the group. Yes my Lord. He answers.
What news have you of Lanni and Erúvellas? Erudú asks concerned for both.

I am astounded at the reaction of Erúvellas. He had insisted on holding Lanni and has only now turned her over to her father though it took the intervention or Lord Elrond and Lady Galadriel. We now wait for her father to do what he can. Erúvellas seems changed, this has shaken him to the core and I am concerned for him and what will become of him should this not go well. Dread and fear for her consume him. He has joined us but become very quiet, his eyes are closed and he seems not to hear us when we speak to him. Erudú can hear the uncertainty in Súlimo's words but is struck by one thing.

Súlimo you must strike him or force him to the ground, anger him in any way you can do it now Súlimo. Súlimo looks back at the group and is completely bewildered with the order.

But my Lord? Súlimo says as he searches for the logic of such a order.

Súlimo do it now! Erudú orders.

Súlimo turns and runs at Erúvellas tackling him, which results in both ellyn rolling on the ground. Súlimo then slaps him causing Erúvellas's face to flush red with anger. Eldarion runs over and grabs Súlimo pulling him away from the enraged Erúvellas. Gandalf and Elrond grab Erúvellas and hold him back working to calm his rage.

"Release him Eldarion" Gandalf barks. "He is your Lords aid and was only doing as he was told. It was a little unorthodox but it had the desired effect." Well Erudú it would seem as though you were correct. Gandalf informs him. I will take it from here Erudú. Gandalf comments as they pull an enraged Erúvellas away.

What was the reason for this my Lord? A bewildered Súlimo asks.

Erúvellas was trying to connect Lanni while her father is with her, he could have caused her even more harm and confused her even more forcing her to retreat even further from reality. Thank you Súlimo and Erúvellas will thank you once this is over and he understands. Gandalf will speak with him and help him to understand. Erudú explains. You should know that we are underway Súlimo. The entire camp is on the march and we will be there in about two days should a wagon be needed. If things go well for you return to the city, we should be there in the four days.
<< First1213141516
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email