Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Vale_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Poll: Favorite Male Voice/Accent
on: April 01, 2004 05:27
Aragorn/Viggo voice is just perfect!!!and his Elvish....OMG!!!!:drool::drool::drool:
but also Billy is great (these Scottishmen!)and i also like Bernard Hill's!!!oh and Gandalf (seems like my english literature prof sumtimes!!now thats scary...my prof has white hair and a walkin stick...omg!!!should check better next time!!)
Boromir
10% (3)
Faramir
11% (3)
Aragorn
17% (5)
Gandalf
4% (1)
Saruman
5% (1)
Eomer
4% (1)
Theoden
2% (8)
Legolas
13% (4)
Gimli
2% (5)
other
31% (1)
Bookfaramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2004 10:28
I voted for Gandalf, as Ian McKellen's voice is so cool and full of power and dignity.
hellybongo
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 06:24
I find Viggo's accent really soothing. Especially when he's talking Elvish
Nienna_Ancalimon
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2004 01:13
There is so many people with nice accents,its too hard to pick but my favs are
:heart:*Billy Boyd*:heart:
:love:*Sean Bean*:love:
:heart:*Aragorn*:heart:
:love:*Eomer*:love:
LoveDom
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 02:46
I like Billy's accent, and Dom's aswell. You can hear a bit German in there!! I like Liv's voice too when she speaks elvish!!
Though is it so hard to pronounce the words, i tried it!!
WhiteDragonfly
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 06:37
First of all, PIPPIN! I'm Irish so I guess I'm kinda atracted to that type of accent. :heart:

But my personal favorite is...ELROND! Even though most people would say that he's boring, I could listen to him talk forever and ever! :blush: I love the way he speaks at the Council because he speaks with such dignity, but I also love love love his voice when he was speaking to Arwen! He sounded so gentle and caring! :love::love::love::drool:
RivendellMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 11:17
I like Pippins. I love that scottish accent.:drool:

I also like Aragons, and Faramirs.
lotrfan5822
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 12:54
Ohhh!! Pippins makes me drool... :drool: :drool: its SOOO cute
lotrfan5822
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 12:57
I could listen to him forever!!:heart: :love: :heart: :love: :drool:
WhiteDragonfly
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 05:18
I esspecially love the way that Pip says, "second breakfast." I don't know why I like it so much, it's just too cute for words!

Oh and most of all, I love the way that Elrond purrs when he says "Morrrdor." :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: *faints*
Vale_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 09:27
omg thats true when he says Second Breakfast its sooooo funny!lol!!
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 06:36
I love Billy's accent:drools:. I have a Scottish(west coast, usually) accent fetish(which is really bad for me, seeing as I live in Scotland). I especially love the way he says 'breakfast'.:drools::drools::drools:
Lillith_Phoenix
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 10:37
I voted for Eomer....his voice is so...so...:evil:

Billy Boyds accent is awesome, but being Scottish myself...I'm slightly biased towards that..lol

Sean Beans is fantastic too...nice n husky

Damn there all fantastic..in there own way.
~wild_shieldmaiden~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 06:45
I voted for 'Other'... meaning Craig Parker and Hugo Weaving.

Craig is just so... so... ummmm... well, you know! :drool:

And Hugo's voice is so powerful and 'lordly', I'd love it if he did a audio recording of The Book! :love:
Farwyn64
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 06:56
Pippin's accent is the greatest! I watch the movies just to hear him (jk!)!!! Oh and Eomer's is wonderful too...and Legolas ack!
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 11:55
Figwit wrote:
Though I adore Billy Boyd's and Sean Bean's real life voices and accents, and I just melt into a puddle when I hear Christopher Lee - I voted for Éomer.

He doesn't say too much, but he has this really low and earthy voice, and a slight accent.
*nods in enthusiastic agreement*

My top 3 fav voices belong to Boromir, Saruman and Éomer! But I give the slight edge to Éomer because his voice matches his eyes -- deep and intense! Yes, low and earthy voice, indeed!
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 01:15
Oh yes.
I know this has been said before but Billy's accent is just divine.
So is Dom's, and Sam's is cute, and Viggo's sounds great when he is mad.
I don't know about Eomer and Saruman and those people though....
I like Gimli's accent! (John) Haha that's something original, but seriously it is nice to listen to.
Tarkena
Legolasfan1113
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 12:39
I like Billy's accent the best I must say. It's so cute! But I really like Hugo's too, he's got a great voice (and one that Philippa Boyens said was "sexy when he had the flu") I also admire Elijah for his accent. As Orlando pointed out, an accent is hard to pull off ("it can really block you" as he said)
ldyofrivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 06:46
What about Frodo's total american accent? Just cause he is american doesn't mean he doesn't have an accent! :heart:Billy Boyd also has a really awesome accent!:love:Let's not get started about these thing...
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 01:10
What about Frodo's total american accent? Just cause he is american doesn't mean he doesn't have an accent!

Man alive, I used to hate his accent. He just strikes me as so hopelessly Mid-Western, which is strange... because Mid-Western accents usually don't bother me. But there's just something about Elijah's that's so... irritating. But I got over it eventually and now I don't even notice that much. I guess I got used to it, LoL.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 01:54
hey, iLikeLOTRaLittle2much, miranda otto (eowyn) is an austrailian, not british. i voted orlando because he is so hot and he has the best accent (my opinion)
LadyJ
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 09:22
:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco:

My favorite male voice/accent in the Trilogy is FARAMIR. He is so dreamy and I have to admit that I did not fancy him at first, but he surely did grow on me !!!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 12:33
hey, iLikeLOTRaLittle2much, miranda otto (eowyn) is an austrailian, not british.

When did I say she was British? :dizzy:
jerri
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2004 06:27
I liked Billy Boyd's and Sean Bean's accent Sean is from Northren England so to me he sort of sounds a bit Scottish also.
joudie
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2004 07:59
Billy boyd all the way
Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 02:26
I had to go with "other" because there was NO BILLY BOYD!! That's my favorite voice, not because he's my favorite character, but just because I love the Scottish accent, and the way that he incorporates it into the Hobbit acting type of thing.

Second would definetly be Boromir and Faramir. I love the way they speak. Like I said, why do they always have to kill off the good guys?
CeleirOfLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 09:48
I voted for Boromir as I love Sean Bean's voice. Strong and very manly.

However, my favorite voice is that of Haldir. There is something so sexy and wickedly arrogant in the way Craig voices the character.

As far as accents goes, Billy Boyd's Pippin is so sweet!
Laerwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 12:14
Well, i would have to say that i am hypnotized when i hear billeh speak.Scottish accents.... :disco: et: :rolling: :naughty: :killcomp:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 03:03
My favorite accent in the movies was that used by sean astin for the character of Sam. I thought that Mr. Astin did a great job of capturing the ways that a simple hobbit would express himself.
square
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 12:15
I love Pippin's voice in the movies. Billy Boyd has cool accent.
Mullach
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 03:08
Pippin's accent can't be beat, but I had to go with my favorite elf again: Legolas.

Mostly because he does appear feminine, so the deep tone of his voice is an unexpected pleasure. :naughty:
Dúvenêlien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 03:23
I like a lot of them, Pippin, Legolas, Sam, Boromir, Eomer, Theoden and the list goes ever on and on...

But my favourite is Aragorn. That voice is just...I don't know. Wonderful. I like Viggo's too.
Anfauglir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 11:19
Oh man...this topic will be my demise...

Accents...my oh my...well I think it would be easier to ask whose accent I don't like lol. But, since I have to choose I'm gunna try and narrow it down to three...
1)Sean Bean...you cannot pack more sensuality and masculinity into one voice than he has :drool: ...His voice is utterly enchanting.
2)Hugo Weaving...That is a voice that commands attention, but has that softer side that is down right breath taking:love:.
3)Christopher Lee...Another commaning accent. Couldn't you just listen to him speak all day? :heart:Well this goes for all of them actaully.
Wow! That was a really hard choice...I also melt for Craig Parker's voice--can you fathom what it would be like to wake up to that voice every morning? :drool:
Karl Urban's voice has a deep meoldious quality that I cannot resist... :blush: I get the chills when i hear any of these guys speak.
ok I'm gunna stop now before I start hyperventilating...
Affy
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 05:00
David Daisy Wenham all da way baby!!!!!! lol i fast forward on the extended dvd on the comontary just so i can listen to him talk lol
Lady_of_Lore
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 07:26
Well i love Gollums voice - Andy Serkis, wow, who else could have pulled that off ay? Brilliant, i was famous for my gollum impressions in 6th form! hehe

Like the way the wraiths spoke...if you could say spoke.."Give up the halfling shhee elf!" ....ooh evil, not to forget the Uruk hai, i was always scared in FOTR when they shouting "Find the halflings" *shivers* infact i just loved all the evil characters' voices.

As far as sexy voices go you can't beat Viggo, Karl and Sean Bean :love:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email