Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Poll: Favorite Male Voice/Accent
on: July 04, 2004 11:51
I could float away on John Mayer's voice, and Tobey Maguire's makes me smile....but I think Viggo's is my absolute favorite. Its just....just....
Boromir
10% (3)
Faramir
11% (3)
Aragorn
17% (5)
Gandalf
4% (1)
Saruman
5% (1)
Eomer
4% (1)
Theoden
2% (8)
Legolas
13% (4)
Gimli
2% (5)
other
31% (1)
Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 02:01
My favorite accent in the movies was that used by sean astin for the character of Sam. I thought that Mr. Astin did a great job of capturing the ways that a simple hobbit would express himself.

I agree 100%! I voted for him, too. I think Sean Astin mentioned it was a Gloucester accent and it was the first time he ever had to learn an accent other than American. He did a good job with it, I think.

PS- I love the Heinlein quote. I am a Heinlein fan as well.

ChildofLuthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 02:44
I voted for Boromir's voice/accent, although this was a tough decision to make, because I also love Pippin's and Saruman's (how can you not? he has The Voice of Saruman) and Gollum's and GRIMA'S (late is hour). But Sean Bean's voice is so lovely, especially in certain lines, such as:

-'It is a strange fate that we must suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing.. such a little thing.'
-'Why do you recoil? I am no thief.' :heart:
-'They took the little ones!'

Poor Elijah Wood's accent cracks me up, but he still makes a good Frodo.
Foggy
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 05:53
Viggo's voice gets me everytime I hear it

Though I think Craig has a great voice as well and Billy's is cute
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 06:17
I voted for other but I love Doms voice! heehee
Billy's voice is awesome too!
ariah
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 10:10
Oh and most of all, I love the way that Elrond purrs when he says "Morrrdor."

You're right, 'purrs' is the perfect word for it. I also love the way he speaks elvish, especially his last line in rotk - I Aear cân ven na mar. Oooh. :drool: Hugo Weaving has such a gorgeous voice - definitely my favourite in the trilogy.
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 03:13
I voted for other because I think that Pippin\Billy Boyd has the best accent. :drool:
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 10:13
David Daisy Wenham all da way baby!!!!!! lol i fast forward on the extended dvd on the comontary just so i can listen to him talk lol

I agree. I love his accent which is not harsh or loud as the exaggerated Aussie accent can be, but really quite melodic. And his "British" ROTK accent is lovely as well.

And I adore Pippin's accent even tho I'm still not sure where in Middle Earth it would have originated from - did Pippin's folks come south as part of a job location scheme or something?
Navalina
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 03:17
I love Pippin's accent, it's so cute... and sexy.
Amdiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 03:23
I voted for Aragorn... .I love both Viggo's normal voice as well as the way he speaks in the character of Aragorn. I mean his coronation speech is just awesome! If you go to the official movie site and catch up with Viggo welcoming you to the site....pay attention to the way he says "dot" .....that is just AWESOME! :drool:

But then, Billy Boyds Scottish accent is fantastic , as well as Karl's Kiwi accent....and you just have to love the way Sean Bean speaks. Been to Sheffield for my studies and everytíme he talks, I am immediately reminded of that great time!

I think there is actually just one voice that I do not quite like to listen to....it is Brad Douriif (probably wrote it wrong)...But that is a good thing, as it is perfect for his character of Wormtongue!

:disco:
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 04:33
I love Aragorn's accent!

If you go to the official movie site and catch up with Viggo welcoming you to the site....pay attention to the way he says "dot" .....that is just AWESOME!

I totally agree with you! I used to go to lotr.net just to hear the cast welcoming us; until RL problems and I couldn't go online that often, and my family members were throughly sick of hearing it. I love the way Aragorn says "Legolas" and when he speaks Elvish, especially in Fangorn Forest!! :love:

I like the way Aragorn gets covered in blood and mud - it's REALISTIC. You gotta pass Caradhas, pass Moria, fight the battle near the Anduin, travel to Rohan, explore Fangorn Forest, fight the battle of Helm's Deep, just to say a few. You _cannot_ possibly be fresh and clean as a daisy! And yet the Elves can stay clean. What's up with them? Do their skin repel dirt?? :nono: (Can anyone tell I'm more than abit envious of the Elves? ) No offense intended to the Elves.

Legolas's and Haldir's voices are not bad too, they have this uniquely Elves kinda accent (obvious, since they had dialect coaches) but well, its a bonus that they have the looks to go with it :drool: .

Don't guys with hot accents and good looks just rock?

[Edited on 6/7/2004 by Element]
Viggosgal
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 06:44
My family and friends are all voice/accent freaks. We watch movies just to hear certian voices.

My all time favorite voices is Kiefer and Donald Sutherland!!!!

I love all the cast of LOTR's accents as well as HP. When Sean Biggerstaff said his first word in HP 1 I almost fell out of my seat.

Accents rule!! There is one person on this site who I've voice chatted with and I love her accent and that's Goldberry!!! I love chatting with her just to hear that aussie accent.
DimpleToadfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 09:35
I have to agree with most, that Billy's accent really rocks my socks. I've got this unexplainable fascination with northern England and Scotland. :love:
I think I have ancestors from there or somethin'. (My [human] last name is English)
AranelOfLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 05:59
Craig Parker! Craig Parker! Craig Parker!:love::love::love:
Haldir! Haldir! Haldir! Haldir! Haldir! Haldir!:love::love::love:

~Aranel~
MarchwardenOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 04:35
I would have to say...Billy Boyd...I could honestly listen to him talk about anything, becaus ehis accent is dreamy. He was on the Sharon Osbourne show and san "Baby one more time" and that was the first time I actually like that song...

David Wenham's voice is cool, too...it almost commands respect or something...just the way he talks in the movie...it's like he's so sure...it's just a cool voice.

Sean Bean, too. It's like experianced or whatever...

But Billy overall.
Helena
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 01:17
Billy Boyd and David Wenham!
EldarExilePrincess
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 01, 2004 05:32
Orlando Bloom's voice is heavenly. :love:

I also like Billy's accent, it's cute!
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 01:47
I had to go with "other" because there was NO BILLY BOYD!!

I had to do the same thing!

Billy's voice and accent is the best! :love:

:drool: :drool: :drool:
EruanwenSaeriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 08:26
David Wenham (Faramir) first, Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn) close second - a tough choice because I am a Viggo fan but I sure like David Wenham.

[Edited on 27/9/2004 by EruanwenSaeriel]
RivendellElf62
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 05:20
I'm surprise that so few people mentioned Dom! I love his accent and when you combine that with his wonderful voice...*sigh* I swear I could listen to him talk all day.
LuthienofDoriath23
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 07:09
Darn, you people are all confusing me! Now I cant decide! I luv Billy's accent because its so cute. I also like boromir's,Faramir's(at times) saruman's was perfect for his charecter,Viggo's accent is really interesting and deep, I like eomers for a reason I havent quite yet figured out. Now I'll never be able to choose!
OrlandoTheHottie27
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 01:59
I like Pippins voice ! :

:
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 11:58
Personally I thought Hugo's was the best. Heh. He has a particular way of speaking that the words kind of roll of his tongue, but are enunciated very well. I'm glad to see some people agree with me around here about Elrond...Oh! And Andy Serkes's voice with Gollum was excellent, too!
leathers22000
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 10:11
I adore Billy's accent, in fact even ignoring the accent I love his voice, I also like Sean Bean's accent, very sexy!!! I quite like Dom's voice as well (but then I like pretty much everything to do with Dom...:love: )
Eldirn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2004 04:44
Does anyone know of any voice files for the actors that can be downloaded? I'd love some of Craig (haven't heard him other than dear Haldir ) and Orlando. Hugo too

Well, I can help you on the Hugo Weaving thing anyway. I'm a moderator of the largest HW Yahoogroups list, and we have a bunch, and I've downloaded most of 'em. LOL

Email me and I'll see what I can send ya!

Oh, and I have to say Elrond/Hugo for voice. I've about decided that that amused lilt in his voice is his natural attitude. He has a similar lilt at times when he's playing Agent Smith, as well as many of his other characters. And if you watch the extras on the Matrix dvds, you'll see he's constantly goofing around on set. I just think he's got a great sense of humor which comes across in his characters.
Eldirn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2004 04:47
Well, sorry for another post so soon, but I keep reading thru the thread and seeing things to reply to.

Oh and most of all, I love the way that Elrond purrs when he says "Morrrdor."

Yes, but the extra rolls on the r's are exactly the way Tolkien wanted the name of the Black Land to be pronounced in Elvish.

And yes, Hugo has that lovely sexy deep voice. But what's the story about it being sexier when he had the flu? Haven't heard that one.....
sazzra
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2004 09:46
Does anyone know of any voice files for the actors that can be downloaded? I'd love some of Craig (haven't heard him other than dear Haldir ) and Orlando. Hugo too

carigparker.net has some sound files (he sounds much better as a Kiwi!), and http://www.xs4all.nl/~mwhsmike/craig1.movis a video clip of him at the elf fair thing in the Netherlands this summer. Don't watch it if you're blond
goldberryiscool
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2004 06:33
I voted for Aragorn because he sounds really sexy & when he's all lost & confused he sounds all cute. Buuut I also love Billy Boyd/Pippin's accent, he's so cute!
Princess_of_Mirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2004 07:14
It has to be Viggo, Viggo all the way. It's the husky nature of it, and the words he gets to say...I love it when he speaks Elvish...yum. There is only one voice to top that, but he isn't in LotR and that's Alan Rickman.
boromir_mad_bean_freak
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 11:30
Wow! I love Sean Bean's voice and accent and I love sean bean!!:love::love:
Landaur
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 03:39
Well I voted "other". I have to agree with all the Elrond/Hugo fans on this thread. His voice is deep, soft, sexy and his own accent has a cute mix of English/Aussie. Also for my part, he is the best speaker of Elvish bar none........ I find it much easier to pick up pronunciation from him than any of the others.:love:
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 07:46
(Take a deep breath and then shout)Bo~romir~~~

How wonderful to be one of those Gondorians listening to his speech in Osgiliath!:love:

[Edited on 5/11/2004 by Josephine_jfh]
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 05:39
I love Faramir's voice! :love: It's so caring....and his accent is sexy. :love: I also like Viggo's voice...especially when he's speaking Elvish. Billy Boyd...Scottish accent *swoon*.
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 07:53
I love Aragorn's voice! It is so soft and quiet, but can be loud and comanding when he needs it to be... :love:
RachieAchie
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 09:17
I'm going to have to say either Pippin or Aragorn. Pippin for when I'm feeling cheery and bubbly, Aragorn for when I'm feeling quiet and mellow. :love: :love:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email