Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
IntotheWest23
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Poll: Favorite Male Voice/Accent
on: December 01, 2004 01:17
BILLY!!! i love his scottish accent it's sooo cute!!!! on the commentary sometimes i can't even understand what he says but i luvv his voice!!! :love::love::love::heart::heart::love:
Boromir
10% (3)
Faramir
11% (3)
Aragorn
17% (5)
Gandalf
4% (1)
Saruman
5% (1)
Eomer
4% (1)
Theoden
2% (8)
Legolas
13% (4)
Gimli
2% (5)
other
31% (1)
Fawlen_Peredhil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 12:26
I love Gandalf's and Saruman's voices best as they are very commanding but for cutest it would have to be Faramirs
FatalBeauty
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 04:55
I voted for Saruman, and without any hesitating He is the Lord of the Voices; his voice is very commanding, authoritative, sexy (because it's very manly) but also soft.

But I also fancy Gríma's voice. His voice is so special. I think Brad Dourif's laugh resembles bad guy's laugh :evil: But still, Derf's voice is very lovely.

Well, I'm odd
Astin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 12:02
I've already voted, but I thought I would post another reply

I really like listening to Theoden speak - Bernard Hill has a really awesome accent, and I love Billy Boyd: that Scottish accent rocks.

But...particularly in the EE ROTK...I still have to stick with Faramir. His accent in the movies is dreamy "I do not believe that this darkness will endure"...mmm...:love: and David Wenham's real voice is dreamy - that is the best Aussie accent that I think I have ever heard - trust me on this one cause I'm an Aussie myself. I love an Aussie accent that is really clear and sounds like it belongs in theatre - John Noble (Denethor) is another good example.

Go Faramir!!!!
Go David!!!!

:love:
Aino
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 07:19
I can't believe I never posted in this thread! I voted 'other'. I think that Elrond/Hugo Weaving has the most beautiful voice in the world... :love:
Nenyaelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 09:13
I voted other because I couldn't decided between all of them. I love all thier accents!!! But Karl's is awesome!!! And I rather like Liv's voice, so soft and almost magical.
Dolen_i_vad_a_nin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 03:45
Absolutely Billy Boyd! My boyfriend has just learned to accept that I love Pippin.

Then its:

Aragorn: the sexiest movie character of all time!
Faramir: lovely, just lovely
Elrond: love. especially his Elvish
Arwen: many people hate how she speaks Elvish, to light and "breathy", but I think her voice is beautiful.
Merry: not when he's in character, but Dom's normal voice is so sexy.:love:
Theoden: I think that Theoden is sexy, period. Anyone else with me?
Astin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 04:34
I really like Karl Urban's normal voice - a really soft NZ accent...mmm...same with Craig Parker.

I love the way Aragorn says "Night changes many thoughts Eowyn" - he sounds surprisingly hot there.

Orlando speaking elvish....oh...my...gosh...

There's a thought...do we ever actually hear Faramir say Eowyn's name? That would be hot!! :love:
Firearrow6
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 02:50
I have so many favorites its hard to chose. My most faves would be Billy Boyd cause I loooove Scots and Dominic cant spell the last name cause he can imitate well.
Akasha1982
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 01:19
It is so hard to choose when different accents have different affects on me. I chose Legolas because at the moment i have a thing for the English accent.
Culanar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 02:07
I voted for E'omer. I just :heart:LOVE:heart: Australian accents, and I thought that Karl gave E'omer a nice English-Australian accent. Same reason I would have voted for Faramir. All foreign accents are my favorite, but Australian, Scottish-Irish, and English would definently have to be my top three!
North_Star
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 01:20
I voted Boromir/Sean Bean. I LOVE his voice. Heehee... accents really get me. :drool: :drool: :drool: Especially his. 2nd place goes to Faramir/David Wenham. It has many forms- sometimes strong, sometimes soft. I like it.
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 01:41
Pippin!!!! I love the Scottish accent, especially the Glasweigan one
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 11:29
I voted for Boromir. But Pip would come in a close second!

I also love the part where Boromir says "lit-tul' ones...
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 11:21
I love Pippin's (well, technically Mr. Boyd's) voice! Well, not really the voice, rather the accent. Oh what I wouldn't give to listen to that wonderful Scottish accent all day long!
Lurearanel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 01:39
I voted for Faramir (David). In a romantic setting I guess I'm a sucker for the Aussie accent. (I've always loved Mel Gibsons voice.) I also love Pippins (Billy's) voice. He's just adorable. I'm going out on a limb here, but for theatrics and mastery of his characters voice, I would have to say Gollum/Smeagol (Andy) should get an award for his performance. He had to gargle in between takes because it scratched his thoat up to speak like that. *stands and claps for Andy* I'd say most of the actors and actresses gave an outstanding performance. I must also put in that Galadriel (Cate) spoke the Elven tongue so eloquently. But, alas, I must return to Faramir in my praises.....and he is only a few years older than me!!! :love: But......I'm married. *goes to watch Croccodile Hunter again* (....Hubby hasn't put two and two together yet....hehe)

[Edited on 3/12/2005 by Lurearanel]
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 02:00
How can you not like Billy Boyd's accent? It's gorgeous! :drool:
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 02:02
Oh yes! Thank-you Lurearanel for saying the thing about Mr. Serkis! I had almost forgotten!
Bealocwealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 05:06
Billy and Dom are my favs. I could listen to them (and do) for hours. I think the love of Billy comes from an affinity for scots. I feel so in touch with my scottish side listening to him.
I don't know what it is about that strange power Dom's voice has on me though. I adore his voice. The combination of him and Billy....bliss.....
O dear. i do believe i've become a hobbit-fancier... oh well.

Also, yes i must say that Andy Serkis is admirable in that he changes his voice so much (and puts his throat through the ringer in the process) to accomodate this character.
Eomer and Faramir's accents are also excellent.

[Edited on 18/3/2005 by Bealocwealm]
Phantasmagoria
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 02:20
I voted for Faramir (David). In a romantic setting I guess I'm a sucker for the Aussie accent. (I've always loved Mel Gibsons voice.) I also love Pippins (Billy's) voice. He's just adorable. I'm going out on a limb here, but for theatrics and mastery of his characters voice, I would have to say Gollum/Smeagol (Andy) should get an award for his performance. He had to gargle in between takes because it scratched his thoat up to speak like that. *stands and claps for Andy* I'd say most of the actors and actresses gave an outstanding performance. I must also put in that Galadriel (Cate) spoke the Elven tongue so eloquently. But, alas, I must return to Faramir in my praises.....and he is only a few years older than me!!! :love: But......I'm married. *goes to watch Croccodile Hunter again* (....Hubby hasn't put two and two together yet....hehe)

[Edited on 3/12/2005 by Lurearanel]

Blaa! Why must I be so young. *sigh* in the Biblical days...
Lauralin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 05:18
Saruman's.... Christopher Lee's voice just sends shivers down my back
TinaHalfelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 10:16
Billy's accent is the best :drool:, and at the end of ROTK Viggo's voice... It's just magical. Andy Serkis also did a great job with Gollum. His voice it so annoying-,like how it is described in the books. Gollum's voice, you just want to shut it up... :banghead:
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 07:03
I thought I'd commented, but I haven't, I guess...I said Mr. McKellen. His voice has a richness and beauty...the voice itself conveys so much without even vocabulary.

My second choice would be John Rys Davies...same notation!
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 11:06
Craig Parker - gorgeous! I would simply adore waking up to that voice every morning!

Other than Craig's I quite like David Wenham & Sean Bean's voices. David's can have such a lovely softness to it at times, but I can't identify what I like about Sean's really. Hes done some adverts for the O2 mobile network before & they sound quite.. peaceful, for want of a better word.
queen_of_gondor31
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 02:14
I voted for Aragorn, but my favorite would be Haldir's voice. I mean it is so proud and commanding....and gorgeous.
Ljia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 01:35
Billy's is definately a strong candidate. You gotta love a Scot, eh? But oh, the glory that is Sean Bean's voice! I love it when he says "use", with his wonderful northern accent. It's something about the u-vowel and the s... Can't really explain it. It's a pity his character died in the first film (but oh, what a death!).
Denethorsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 01:29
I like Brad Dourif's voice as Grima. He did well in covering his West Virginian accent. I also liked John Noble's voice. His voice got powerful as Denethor.
Rosana
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2005 11:07
:drool: Billy Boyd/Pippin his accent is just so lovely..
pv
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2005 06:28
Andy Serkis' accent struck me as being so much clearer than those of Sean Astin and Elijah Wood. Despite all the voice modulation he had to do for Gollum, his lines were the clearest.
http://monstersandcritics.wordpress.com/
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: September 30, 2005 09:15
I love Aussie's voices, I could just listen to them all day.....Also a Scot's.....The accent I have almost perfected for both, because (1) I am in a sort of race with my younger brother, and (2) I can say I talk like them! Woohoo!

MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2005 01:51
I love the smooth scottish voice (sounds like a drink) that is Billy Boyd's.
Ian McKellan, Brad Dourif and Christopher Lee have rich, theatre-type voices that I greatly enjoy.
But the voice that sends chills up and down my spine is Viggo Mortensen's.:love: Not sure if it's his voice quality I adore or just him.:heart:

MT
Light
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2005 12:26
Elrond has The Best voice. When he speaks I feel like swooning. :love::heart: His voice is deep and it carries well the authority so to everyone who listens every word he speaks is emphasised. He is very good at making his point. I can't beleive Isildur said, No to him! His voice also holds mystery as well as some underlying humor depending on circumstances. Elrond is awsome, he conveys that feeling of, I know something that you don't and he probably does considering his knowledge and wisdom.
Josela
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2005 07:36
As much as I love Faramir, I had to vote for Aragorn because of the elvish influence in his speaking. I love how there is the slightest hint of an Irish accent in his voice.

I love the way Faramir says the words Ithilien, Osgiliath, Minas Morgul and Morgul Vale...aaah...

I love David Wenham's voice! It is so articulate...he sounds so hot in interviews!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!...iLOVE DaViD WeNhAm'S VoIcE....He'S So hOt ...i mEaN HIS VoIcE...AnD WhEn He sAyS: "I Do NoT bElIeVe tHiS DarkNeSs WiLl EnDuRe..." to eOwYn...:love: :love:

[Edited on 13/10/2005 by Josela]
cotton_candy_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2005 12:15
I love pippin aka billy boyd's voice it is so cute:love::love::love::heart::heart::heart::love::love::love::heart:
EldarChild
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2005 08:00
Farmir and Aragorn, definitely...both very smooth

Though I do like Legolas' voice, I prefer Orlando Bloom's English accent better

Saruman (Christopher Lee) Gives me the chills, his is my favorite intro the LOTR website.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email