Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sirnen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite quote of FOTR?
on: June 30, 2003 06:59
Fav scene - when they walk out of moria and everyone is crying....the camera does a close up on Frodo and he just looks at Aragorn like....what....what else do you want from me? - Ahhhh....poetry in motion.

Fav lines.....

"Goodbye, dear Bilbo...Until our next meeting..."

"...you keep nasty chips." I love the way he says it...so funny!

"Pity? Pity is what stayed Bilbo's hand..."

"What's this? A ranger caught off his guard?"

"A si i-Dhúath ú-orthor. Ú or le a ú or nin. *The Shadow does not hold sway yet, not over you and not over me.*

And last but not least....from ROTK so I've heard....
"Law, hîr nín, ú dollen i Rîw. Anírach, nui lû, gwannad uin gwaith lín?"
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2003 07:27
My favorite quote is from the "father and son" talk Gandalf and Frodo have in Moria, after Frodo discovers they are being followed by Gollum:
F: "I wish the ring had never come to me, I wish none of this had happened". G: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil". Gandalf's words are heard again when Frodo is setting off on his own, when we see him in tears, and Gandalf's voice in his head says: "All you have to decide what to do with the time that is given to you".

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

I Love These Too!!! But there are so many quotes I Love.. I saw them all here in this topic.. So I think there'll be no need to say them again.. Oh, w8, there's one quote I love more than all the others;
Frodo, at the end of FotR.. "Sam, I'm glad you're with me.." When I saw it for the first time, I started to burst out into tears.. :heart::cry:
runaround
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2003 04:00
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins; nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to!"

I can quote that word for word. I do whenever someone tells me I'm late.

Boy do I get strange looks.

Frodo: Go back, Sam. I'm going to Mordor alone.
Sam: Of course you are. And I'm coming with you!!

I feel thin... sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread. - A very hobbity allusion......

Pippin: Are we lost?
Merry: No
Pippin: I think we are
Merry: Shh! Gandalf's thinkin'
Pippin: Merry?
Merry: What?
Pippin: I'm hungry

What's this? A Ranger, caught off his guard? ~ His face is priceless......

From the book: "Ai! Ai! A Balrog!" ~ Legolas. I wish they would have put it in the movie. It would have been amusing to see a macho elf warrior screaming like that.

*edit* Oh, and I absolutely love the fact that Gandalf and Bilbo sing "The Road Goes Ever On and On" in the movie. A wonderful throwback to the Hobbit.

[Edited on 4/7/2003 by runaround]
Legolas_Loves_Giuli
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 10:16
Well, I have many favourite lines in FOTR... But the most favourite would be these three:- :love:

* Legolas: "And you have my bow."
Gimli: "And my axe!"

* Gimli: "I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!"

* Haldir: "That dwarf spoke so loud, we could have shot him in the dark"
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 03, 2003 03:34
It is said before, but Boromir's 'They have a cave troll', especially with the look in his eyes and the expression on his face, make me laugh over and over again.
Lostwethion
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2003 04:26
The whole Boromir death scene, it's awesome...I'm like :cry: every time I see it. :blush:
And Sam's "I know you are! And I'm coming with you!"
Gandalf and Frodo talking in Moria...
and "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future"
Mleh.......the whole movie!
_FrodoBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2003 07:50
Boromir's line, "I would have followed you my brother...my captain....my king."

It gets me every time.
GirlJockey17
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2003 09:14
God, this is hard...um...let's see...

Serious quote-

Boromir: "I would follow you my brother...my captain...my king."

Humerous quote-

Haldir: "The dwarf breathes so loud, we could've shot him in the dark."

Other favorite quotes-

Gandalf: "...so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to do, is decide what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Sam: "I made a promise Mr. Frodo, a promise. Don't you leave 'im Samwise Gamgee...and I don't mean to....I don't mean to..."

Galadriel: "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."

I love the entire movie, but these are ones that stand out in my mind.
monasua
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 11:00
Legolas- I have not the heart to tell you. For me the grief is still too near

:cry: :cry:
Mithrellas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 06:45
Okay, lets see if I can remember them all~

"Nonsense, there hasn't been a dragon in these parts for a thousand years!"~Bilbo

"Ash on my tomatos!"~Pippin

"I will take the ring to Mordor."~Frodo

"If by my life or death I can protect you, I will."~Aragorn

"I wish the ring had never come to me, I wish none of this had ever happened."~Frodo
"So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."~Gandalf

"May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out."~Galadriel

"I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall."~Aragorn

"I made a promise Mr. Frodo, a promise; don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to sir, I don't mean to."~Sam

Dimberaidiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 08:58
Here are some others that I like.

Aragorn: I swore to protect you.

Frodo: Can you protect me from yourself? Would you destroy it?

Aragorn: I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor.

I also like that part.

I love that one too.

But I have taken this line to heart:

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

:love: I have that hanging on my bedroom door.

[Edited on 15/1/2004 by Dimberaidiel]
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 05:01
My favorite line in FOTR is when Gandalf says to Frodo, "All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that has been given to you".

I also love Gimli's interaction with Galadriel when she asked him what gift a dwalf would ask of the Elves. "Nothing, except to look upon the Lady of the Galadrien one last time. For she is more fair than all the jewels beneath the earth!".

When he tells Legolas, "I've taken my worst wound at this parting. For I have looked my last upon that which is fairest. Oh, hence forth, I will call nothing fair unless it be her gift to me."
StriderWolf1313
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 06:34
One of my favorite quotes was from the Two Towers, Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli were all running in search of the rest of the fellowship. Gimli is out of breath and he says:

"Cross country is wasted on a Dwarf, we are natural born sprinters! Very dangerous over short distances!"

I laughed so hard!
Mara
Chiquita Banana
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 08:21
Okay from the book, it's when the Fellowship is in Lorien " 'Daro,' it said in a commanding tone, and Legolas dropped back to earth in surprise and fear." I just have this image in my head of Legolas dropping and falling flat on his bum (very unelf-like!), actually, I think it might have been minuial_gil_estel that put that image in there...lol. And from the movie, it's actually around the same spot, "the dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark." Lol...I love Haldir! Actually, another one I like is "le aphadar aen"...I don't really know why, I just like the way it sounds...
ForgottenTears
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 07:09
It's not the eastern shore that worries me. A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Something draws near, I can feel it.

I wish I could see him.... just one last time.
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 05:36
Umm...I don't know...too many to count. But, I like:
-"My captain, my king"
-"It comes in pints?"
Those stick out in my mind right now.
Dûngaladwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 07:32

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"Run Shadowfax. Show us the meaning of haste."

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."

"But your part of this world!"

... their all good!!!! :disco:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email