Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
Post Spider-man 2 and Tobey Maguire
on: June 07, 2004 01:45
Is anyone interested in seeing Spider-man 2?, which is coming out June 30. I saw the first one and loved it! I think Tobey Maguire is perfect in the role :love: Any other fans out there?

[Edited on 7/6/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
MeriBrandagamba
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Spider-man 2 and Tobey Maguire
on: June 08, 2004 02:40
I'm probably going to go see it, but only because I'll be at camp, and the other counselors will want to go see it on day off. I wasn't all that thrilled with the first one, and I'm somewhat annoyed by Tobey Maguire's lack of facial expression. But of course, that's just me.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 07:28
Ok, I happen to be a huge fan of comic books and Spider-man was one of my favorites. The Spider-man TV series years ago, in my opinion was terrible. So when I heard they were doing a movie, I wondered how good it would be and one of the things I liked about it was the way it was filmed, special effects, etc. As far as Tobey's facial expression, I've never really noticed he lacks one. I do think he's great in the role but that's my opinion. Any other fans?

[Edited on 8/6/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
rhia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 12:41
I'm not a big comic book fan but I loved Spiderman 1. I liked Tobbey Maguire in them. I'll deffinetly be seing Spiderman 2!
B_Baggins111
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 12:53
Yep! I can't wait to see it!
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 01:02
*mutters* I didn't plan on seeing it, but after I saw the trailer I have too see it. lol
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 01:15
Yay!!! Glad to know there are Spider-man/Tobey fans :love: I also like Kirsten Dunst (sp?) and her portrayal of Mary Jane. Another thing I like is the chemistry between (Kirsten and Tobey) them in the movie.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 01:18
Yeah, the trailer looks really cool!
LuthienofTroy
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 10:23
YAY!!!!! SPIDEY RETURNS!lol
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 06:49
Another spidey fan...yay!!!
Legolasfan1113
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 10:04
Yeah!! I can't wait to see "Spider-man 2". I saw the first one in the last theater in my state that still played it. I loved it, and I thought that Peter was even cute as a nerd.:heart: I would of went out him. Seriously.
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 03:12
i cannot wait!! this plot looks strong because the sacrifices and choices peter parker has to make. spiderman as a superhero is the best of them all. he's a normal guy faced with living a normal life or sacrificing it all to save others. he faces struggles that all of us face and i think thats why the movies, and the comics, are doing so well. he's just a relateable character.

ok-i'm done rambling on now.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 07:15
Yeah!! I can't wait to see "Spider-man 2". I saw the first one in the last theater in my state that still played it. I loved it, and I thought that Peter was even cute as a nerd.:heart: I would of went out him. Seriously.

Me too! :love:

And I agree with you Ithiahir about the plot and everything you said. It's the reason why Spider-man was always my favorite superhero and yes, Peter Parker is a character that you can relate too. I remember reading about how Stan Lee created him and what most people like about the character is because he's a normal guy with struggles that people can relate to, but at the same time he's also a superhero. That kind of combination, you have a very interesting character. And to me, Tobey Maguire is believable as Peter/Spider-man :heart:
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2004 04:03
yes, MaddyLakeDeep he is a believable spidey boy. i just can't understand him sometimes because he doesn't move his mouth a lot when he speaks. if i can't hear what they're saying, then i read their lips.....in this case, i can't.
Shire~Maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 03:40
Oh yay!! Other Spidey Fans!! Well, I'm a big fan of comics and Spider-man 1. I can't wait to see Spider-man 2!! I want to see Doc Ock!!

Tobey really is a believable Spider-man. I also think Kirsten is a believable Mary Jane.

MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 06:09
Hey, another comic book fan! I have several spidey comics. One with the Green Goblin and another with Doc Ock. I was very impressed with William Dafoe's portrayal of the Green Goblin so I'm very curious about how Doc Ock will be portrayed in the movie. So far, from what I've seen in the trailer and on the Spider-man webiste, the actor who plays him looks like he'll do a great job. When I saw the first movie, at first I was surprised to see Tobey but when watching it, I thought, wow, he really fits the role. And yeah, I like Kirsten as MJ. The director, Sam Rami did a great job with casting.
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 07:22
I thought Tobey Maguire was perfect for the role! Nobody else I know seems to like him tho... I have a soft spot for geeks, so that might be part of it!!! :love:
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 09:53
You know, when I'll tell people about Tobey, I'll get the same reaction. The thing is, Peter Parker is supposed to be a geek. It wouldn't seem fitting to get an actor for the role who is so good looking. Though I have to admit, I've seen many pics of Tobey and I'm thinking...hmm...geek? I was amazed at the pics I've seen. In real life, he dated a gorgeous model so I guess she has a soft spot for geeks too. And so do I :love:
Gurthang30
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 04:05
I've always given him his due respect but I was never a big fan of the Web Slinger until recently when I picked up Spiderman Blue. I was always attracted to darker characters like Daredevil or Batman, though their movies are crappier than Spidey's. However, I love the guy now, "Friendly Neighborhood" thing an all.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 08:08
There was a time when Spiderman wasn't at the top of my list as one of my favorites. It was Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, The Incredible Hulk, Daredevil and many others. Though I watched Spiderman cartoons and once, the TV series which I thought was crap. Then when I heard they were making Spiderman into a movie, I was curious and started reading the comics. Stan Lee did an awesome job in creating him and now Spidey's at the top of my list

[Edited on 20/6/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 06:13
Okay, I've just seen Spiderman 1 again, and the preview for Spiderman 2. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! It looks so cool!!! Plus, I think I might have a small, teeny, really big crush on Tobey McGuire. Only a small one, mind you! I love his voice....*dreams*....and his eyes....and his...okay, I'll snap out of it.
Anyway. Only two more days until it comes out here! :heart:
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 09:08
Amythyst, yesterday I watched Spidey 1 again. I'm watching Tobey and like you said...his voice, his eyes...:love: LOL! Yeah, the preview looks awesome! And that's right, only two more days!!! I'm soooo excited about seeing it! :heart:
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 10:48
Only one more day now!! *does happy dance*. Ooooh, I SO can't wait!!!
Did you catch Tobey on Jay Leno about a week ago? :love: I recorded it and have watched it...lemme see....six times?

*Amythsyt the Dreamer (heh heh...what could i be dreaming about, you wonder? )
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 11:37
Arggg! I missed it! I was so upset Hopefully he'll be on another show. Saturday Night Live mabye? I don't think he's ever been a host. I could be wrong. Yep, one more day!!! :disco: I've heard this one will be better than the first. Oh, and there's going to be a Spidey 3, yay!!! Hmm...could you be dreaming about Tobey or Elijah?
I know I am :love:

*What is it about actors with blue eyes and brown hair?*

:heart:

[Edited on 28/6/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]

[Edited on 28/6/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 12:47
Gah, sorry you missed it! That'd be awesome if he was on SNL!!
Ah yes, the everlasting question of "what *is* it about dark hair and blue eyes?" *dreams again*
At the moment I *was* dreaming of Tobey...tho at any given moment it could be Viggo, Brad Pitt or John Mayer! :love:
Hey, do you know any good Tobey or Spiderman sites? I've gone to the official one....but am on the lookout for new ones!!
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 01:07
*Sigh* Viggo, and you're a John Mayer fan, too! I love his music!!! Yeah, it would be awesome if Tobey was on SNL. Maybe with Spidey 2 coming out, he'll be on it. I know Elijah was a host. Hmm, any Tobey or spidey sites...there's a Tobey site I just joined. It's a forum like this one called, Tobey Galore. I have to get the link and I'll post it. So far, it seems really cool and I've met a few people there. The official Spider-man site has a message board too but some of the people there, from what I've experienced are very rude. Not at all like here, CoE, where most are friendly and respect each other. I'm looking for more sites too but the Tobey Galore one is what I've found so far. I'll check back to post the link
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 01:38
Ok, Amythyst, here's the link:

http://www.tobeygalore.org/forums/

Here's another site for all you want to know about Tobey and it has lots of great pics!

http://mag.4.free.fr/Maguire/indexe.html

I hope you join the forum. It would be great if you were there! I'm on the forum as Maddy Maguire. I'm also on a Tobey yahoo group. I joined yesterday and I'm waiting to see if it's active. If so, I'll let you know and give you the link to that one, too

[Edited on 29/6/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]

[Edited on 29/6/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 05:36
Excellent! I can't wait to check out the sites!!

I can't believe you like John Mayer!! *nobody* else I know does! Guess what guess what!! I'm going to a concert of his in July! :love:

And I saw Elijah on SNL too! He looked very young.....:heart:

You know, thats really what I like best about CoE. On a lot of other sites, everyone is very hostile to newcomers, and nobody seems very friendly. I love this place! Are you part of a Realm?
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 08:48
The second link I posted isn't working for some reason. I have to check and see what the problem is ok? Because that's a really cool site. Oh yeah, I love John Mayer! He's very talented! That's great that you'll see him in concert

You're right about some of these other sites. That's why when I join something, I'll wait and see how I like it. If the people are very friendly. Because if not, what's the point of staying there? CoE is great!!! Ever since I joined, the people here have been so warm and friendly! I'm not part of a realm but I'm thinking about checking it out. Is that something you're interested in too?

Tomorrow is Spidey day!!!!!!! :love: :heart:
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 01:58
Gosh, I'm starting to feel obsessed! (With Spidey). I really, really, really, really can't wait to see S2! I get to see it on thursday....do you know when you're going to go?

I tried the link and yeah, it doesn't work. Could you just give me the name of the site? I'll do a google search, and maybe can find it from there! I *did* go to TobeyGalore tho....looks really cool!

I'm already part of a Realm...Yavanna Kemantari. Whoo hoo!! Go Yavanna!!! Oops, sorry....we're not supposed to promote our Realm too much.

*mutters under breath, "its mine...my own...my precious!"* No, don't ask....you probably don't wanna know!!

**Amythyst

PS. Ooooh, I just went back and looked at your signature photo on TobeyGalore - WOW!!!! Thats a *great* picture!! :love: *is speechless*

[Edited on 30/6/2004 by Amythyst]
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 06:41
[b][/b]Hey Amythyst, LOL...I feel the same way! So much that I wish I can see it tomorrow but my schedule won't permit me to. The best time for me is on the July 4th weekend (Saturday). And I'm hoping I'll be able to see it then because the theaters will most likely be packed. If so, I'll have to see the last show which is usually late but I don't care

Glad you checked the Tobey Galore site. So far I like it there and the pic I use as my siggy, yeah, that's one of my favorites :love: The other site, I don't know what's wrong with the link so I'll give you the name--Tobey Maguire sur la toile. It's a french site but you have the option of reading it in english.

Hmm...now I'm curious about the realm you're part of. Can anyone join it?

Talk to ya later!

[i][/i]
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 06:48
I'm going to go see it tomorrow! Got my tickets already and everything.

I LOVE Tobey! I think he's a great actor. And well, I kinda place him and Elijah in the same sort of group I suppose. I dunno why... Maybe b/c they are both short and cute.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 08:57
Hi Luthien03, you're seeing it tomorrow...lucky you! Have fun! Yeah, Tobey is awesome. I never knew he was so talented until now, though I did hear he's best friends with Leonardo Dicaprio. You know, a lot of people say that about Tobey and Elijah. Elijah said himself in an interview that he's often confused with Tobey and so that's why he'll say, I'm not Tobey Maguire. It must be the blue eyes
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 07:31
i want to go see it. me and my sister are suppposed to go soon, she just has to get a day off of work. but we got a cool IMAX screen built in our town so...... spidey boy will be incredibly huge!!!!! (*awwww yeah! does happy dance*) it'll be better than the smaller screens we had before.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 09:19
Wow! An IMAX screen ,that's great! Yeah, some theaters have these small screens and you don't know until you go inside and you see a screen that's ridiculously small. Luckily when I saw RotK, it was a huge screen and I was so happy! And hopefully when I see Spidey 2, I won't need to sit in the front row to see what's going on...lol.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email