Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Spider-man 2 and Tobey Maguire
on: July 06, 2004 07:12
You know, there's always going to be something about a character you don't like, and that's ok. I like Harry Osborne but sometimes I can't stand him!!! Remember when Spidey saved him in the scene when Doc Ock's experiment blew up? Then he tells Spidey...It doesn't change anything. I was like, come on Harry, he just saved your life!!!

About my pic, I'm glad you like it! When I saw the scene of Peter on the web, I said, hmm...this looks familiar and then I realized I have a pic of him in that scene. Wow, Amythyst...I love that pic of Tobey!!!! :heart:
Now I'm *floating away dreaming* LOL!
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 08:57
Hi Lady~Eowyn! Yeah, I was so happy to hear they're making Spidey 3! I know, 3 years is a long time. Sometimes they change the date and it's released a year earlier. But then I read they don't want to rush it, which makes sense because you know what happens when a movie is rushed. Still, 3 years! *sigh* I may see 2 again before it leaves the theaters. It's just such a great movie!!!! :heart:

Yeah I suppose it's better that they don't rush it. But 3 years? That's really, really, really long. *sighs* They probably have other projects right now though.

Have you also heard that Kirstin Dunst plans to make 3 her last Spidey movie? It'd be awful if they had to find a new MJ...... Can you believe they almost had a different Peter Parker for 2?

Oh no that's terrible! I don't like it when they have to find new people to cast as a main character, it bugs me. What a not Tobey-Peter Parker! That's awful. Imagine someone else doing the 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head' scene!!
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 09:39
I agree, 3 years is just too long. When Spidey 1 came out, at least it was only two years you had to wait, and that was long enough for me! So imagine 3? I'm still hoping it's released earlier. And it bugs me too when they have to replace an actor/actress that's just so right for the part. That's why after 3, if they plan on making 4, I have a feeling Tobey wouldn't want to do it either and forget it. It would be a mistake to get new people. Like you said Lady~Eowyn, imagine someone else doing the 'Raindrops Falling On My Head' scene...no I can't imagine anyone else but Tobey...lol...that was just so funny!!!
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 10:23
What a not Tobey-Peter Parker! That's awful. Imagine someone else doing the 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head' scene!!

Lol, no! We have to try and find a screencapture from that....

As soon as I can upload it, I wanna show you guys a drawing my sister did of Spiderman....she did it just for me! Now I'm bugging her to do a Peter Parker.....

Oh, and I wanted to let you guys know that my computer is acting up, so I might be off for a few days. If I don't show up, you'll know my computer ate me!

I had a question....in the Marvel comics, does MJ know about Peter's true identity? And are they "together"? I'm trying to poke around and find clues about whats coming up in the next movie....

[Edited on 7/7/2004 by Amythyst]
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 11:41
I personally have not read the comics or watched the cartoons, but my boyfriend has and he has told me that MJ did eventually learn who Spiderman really was. I believe he told me it didn't happen this fast: that there were other "major villians" before she found out.

Sadly the next movie has been a bit spoiled for me, seeing as I already know three other characters that will become villans! Considering this, I already know who's going to be the next villian in the movie! If they follow through with the way they set up this one.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 12:39
Amythyst, I'm sure there are pics from the 'Raindrops' scene. I'll check the official Spider-man site. I would love to see a drawing your sister did of Spidey! And I hope everything will be all right with your computer. I remember when mine acted up a few times, so bad that I had to take it to the shop and it was just so frustrating.

Luthien, yeah, your boyfriend is right about MJ discovering Spidey's identity in the comics. About who the next villian will be, you know, I'm surprised Sam Raimi ended it that way where you know Harry will be GG2. As far as the other villians, hmm...I don't know what they're going to do. There's only been rumors about The Lizard and Black Cat but it's not certain. I'm hearing so much info that they may have another superhero in it, one of Spidey's allies but right now it's still uncertain. I'm hoping it won't be a huge disappointment like what happened with Superman 3. OMG...that was terrible! Has anyone seen any other movies with Tobey in it?

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
woodstar
Therapist for Gollum
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 04:35
I personally have not read the comics or watched the cartoons, but my boyfriend has and he has told me that MJ did eventually learn who Spiderman really was. I believe he told me it didn't happen this fast: that there were other "major villians" before she found out.

That is true because they get married. And there are other major villians to choose from, but I don't quite remember who they are. My spidey knowledge is very limited. But I don't ever recall and second Green Goblin. And if they do make Harry into one, I think it would be a mistake and incredibly to cliche. I thought that when Harry finds the Green Goblin stuff he realises the truth about his father and then starts to believe Pete more. He choose Pete over his father in the mirror, why would he all of the sudden change his mind once he finds out that his father was really an evil guy. Very doubtful since Harry isn't like his father all that much.

Anyhoo, I saw the movie last night and it was totally uber awesome. Definately better than the first and it shows Parker/Spiderman in a more vurnable light. Also, he gets revealed to the ones he loves the most and up the stakes and takes more chances. But in this movie, Spiderman is set now. He has made the desicion to stay. I loved the action. Doc Ock is my favorite all-time villian, so I was happy when I heard he was going to be the villian in this movie.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 06:49
[i]Oh yeah, they get married in the comics. And also they have a daughter who becomes Spider-girl. Other villians besides the Lizard and Black Cat are Venom, The Sandman, Vulture and other minor villians. But those I mentioned along with Doc Ock and GG are the most popular ones. Black Cat is kind of like a villian and then at times she actually helped Spidey fight crime. Actually, there is a GG2 but he's really called the Hobglobin in the comics. Spidey fans on the comic forums call him GG2 also. The hobglobin is a villian who wanted to be like the original GG. So it seems that's what they're planning on doing with Harry. And I agree with you Woodstar about Harry becoming GG2. I'm not crazy about the idea either, though yes there would be conflict because they're best friends but there was already a GG in the first movie. At first I thought, well, even though he found the glider and other stuff, maybe Sam Raimi wanted to us to see that Harry finally found out what his father was doing. But then when he was at MJ's wedding, he was wearing a green bow tie, which I didn't notice the first time I saw the movie. The second time I did and I was like, oh no...it's too many clues there for him not to be GG2. It seems like that's what they have planned and hopefully they'll bring in another villian or something because if it's just GG2, hmm...I don't know.

I like how they made Peter/Spidey more vulnerable too, the action and everything about it was just so awesome! I wish they didn't kill Doc Ock because he's such a great villian. But some of my friends who saw it told me it's a chance he may come back. Sometimes they'll surprise you in these movies and have the villian come back somehow. I don't know what they'll do but hopefully it won't be something corny or cliched in Spidey 3.

If anyone seen Tobey in other movies, feel free to discuss it and of course anything about Tobey :love: Here's another one of my favorite pics of him!!!

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 08:01
Hello.

Regarding Curt Connors, did anyone in the movie notice whether he had one arm or not? I know the villain does, but I do not remember if he had only one arm in the film- he supposedly had it

Aunt Mae- I think in the comics she later reveals to Peter that she knew he was Spiderman and serves as one of his biggest supporters.

Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 08:40
oooh, very nice pic, Maddy! I've seen that one before.... I have some more pics I wanna post (And I LOVE seeing yours! :love which I will do as soon as my computer calms down. I could barely get on after four tries this morning, so I don't know when the next time I'll be back on....

Does anyone know if Tobey has any other movies planned? (other then Spidey 3!) I hope so!!!

Oh, and Isafjordur....yes, Curt Connors did only have one arm. I remember it from when he bumped into Peter....

Amythyst
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 11:44
Hey Amythyst, glad you're back! Hopefully your computer will get better and won't give you anymore problems. Yeah, the pic I posted, the first time I saw that one I was like...OMG!!! LOL! I love his eyes in that pic :heart: And again, hopefully your computer will be fixed because I would love for you to post more pics or anyone else who has pics of Tobey, post them! Your question about Tobey's plans for other movies...I read he's going to be in a movie (he's also producing it!) called Electroboy. It's a true story about a man who has manic depression (I think it's called Bipolar disorder now). He's rich and because of his illness, he lives recklessly until he ends up in jail and then in an institution where he gets electrick shock treatment. It's kind of similar to the movie, 'Girl Interrupted' with Angelina Jolie and Winona Ryder. It sounds interesting because I've never seen Tobey in that kind of role before. Right now it's uncertain as to when it will be coming out in theaters (I think it's because they didn't start filming yet) so I'm waiting until more info is available.

Hey Isafjordur, yeah I noticed Curt had one arm too! So I'm very curious as to what they're planning concerning the villians in Spidey 3. About Aunt May, ohh, ok, I didn't know that. It explains why in the movie you get the feeling she knows he's Spiderman. Thanks for sharing that!
Gurthang30
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 08:01
Harry becomes the next GREEN Goblin. Hobgoblin was a different guy. As for other Spidey villians, his rogues gallery is second only to Batman's. We have the Goblins, Venom, Carnage, Mysterio(ugh!) Sandman, Tombstone, Kingpin(though he's gravitated to Daredevil), Rhino, and Kraven the Hunter. Though they dip into lameness (not quite as lame as Mysterio but then who is? ) you have the comic book Doc Ock(think Elton John with tentacles) the Lizard, and the Shocker. Personally I would like to see Venom. He's Spidey's worst nightmare.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 09:59
Thanks for that info. I just started reading the Spidey comics and trying to catch up with as much as I can. So again, thanks for sharing
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 05:16
Whats this?? I'm gone for a couple of days and this thread gets all lost in the dust? :cry: Time for some mega Tobey talk here.....

I get to go see Spiderman 2 again this Friday *does little happy dance* and my friend actually admited one of the reasons she wanted to go again was because it was nice to stare at Tobey for the two hours..... Of course I assured her that it was only natural, because for some reason she seemed a bit hesitant to admit it....!

Huggles everyone!
Amythyst
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 11:55
Hey Amythyst, welcome back! I know, it's been quiet and hopefully there will be more fans who want to chat about Tobey! That's great that you'll be seeing Spidey 2 again
I have to see it again one of these days. I'll boldy admit that I'm obsessed with him now and I wish I could see him again on an IMAX screen... :heart: Oh well, I'm afraid I won't have that opportunity because it's not playing in any theaters here with IMAX. You know, I've noticed, like your friend, some people are reluctant to say they love Tobey. I think it's the dork thing but he doesn't look like that at all but I've noticed he's becoming very popular because of the awesome success of Spidey 2 and he has a lot of fans now, including us If you have any more pics (I know you mentioned something about your sister drew a picture of Spidey) post them! Here's another one I like. Talk to ya later!

[Edited on 13/7/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
Puppet_Master
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 06:06
I saw the movie, it´s awesome, it´s brilliant, I liked it better than the first one :disco:

The villain, not so villain, was great> Otto Octavious/ Dr Octopus

[Edited on 15/7/2004 by Puppet_Master]
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 11:08
I agree, it was definitely better than the first! I loved the first one too but Spidey 2 had so much more. Lately, the more I've thought about it, I don't understand why they're waiting till 2007 for Spidey 3 to be released. After 1 came out, I remember they started filming 2 last year. Oh well, I'll stop complaining. At least they're doing a third one

[Edited on 15/7/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 11:49
They may have to wait because of the actor's other obligations to other movies.

I think Spidey 2 had more just because the first one had to explain how he got the bite and the such. Kind of like FOTR, they had to explain what went on for those that don't know. But since they have about 3 years, I bet the script will be really good.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 06:45
Yeah, Ithiahir, I have a feeling that may the reason because Tobey is producing a movie called, Electroboy and he's also starring in it. He's also producing another movie, which I can't remember right now. And that's true about Spidey 1 and FotR. Superman was that way too. And when the sequel came out, because everyone already knew about his origin, etc, they were able to focus on other things like the villians from Krypton who he had to battle.
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 10:26
He's producing a movie?! That should be an interesting one. I'm really curious to see what he'll do with that!
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 06:43
Yeah, me too! I'm very curious to know how his performance will be as someone who has a Bipolar disorder. I'm sure he will be great
Rebecca_Ariana
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 02:40
I haven't seen it yet, and I probaly won't go to see it but well I saw all the seriei's on tv. I liek them of course but not so much as I like Buffy or Charmed. But Tobey is so cute! He so is! But anyway Elijah is way more cuter! But they do look a like!

Rebecca
samwisegamgeefan33
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 03:15
Is anyone interested in seeing Spider-man 2?, which is coming out June 30. I saw the first one and loved it! I think Tobey Maguire is perfect in the role :love: Any other fans out there?

[Edited on 7/6/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]

I love Spider-man! I saw Spider-man 2 and it was awesome.Does anyone else read spidey comics?
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 07:25
Hi Rebecca and SamwiseGamgeefan!

Rebecca, you haven't see Spider-man 2 yet? You should see it! I'm a big fan of both Elijah and Tobey. They were in a movie together, I forgot which one. I have so many pics of them and I've noticed they have certain similarites, especially their gorgeous blue eyes :love:

Samwise...yes, Spidey 2 was awesome! I'm hoping 3 will be great, too! Recently I started reading Spidey comics. Last weekend when I was in the comic book store, I was looking for the one when Spidey and MJ get married. The guy who owns the store, I asked him if he had it and he did but they were all sold out. Hopefully one day I can get it
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2004 01:05
I baaaaack! Didja guys miss me?

anyway.....I too am interested in reading the comic books. I want to see how the characters are portrayed in there, in addition to the movies. Plus, the comics came first, and its always hard for me not to read what a movie is based on!

On a Tobey subject....did you guys like Seabuscuit? I thought it was very well done....even tho, like almost all movies based on real events, it wasn't quite up to the facts. But close enough! And I have to say...red isn't exactly Tobey's greatest hair color! But that doesn't matter.

Amythyst
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2004 08:21
Hey Amythst, welcome back!!!

You're right about the comics. Before I rented Spider-man, I wanted to read a few comics first so I would know what's going on in the movie, though I already knew about Peter Parker, Aunt May and MJ but I didn't know much about the major villians in it like GG, Doc Ock and the others. Then I read several of them with GG so I would know more about him when watching the movie. And when I found out the sequel was coming out, I read more about Doc Ock.

About Tobey, I've never seen Seabiscuit yet and I'll definitely rent it! Tobey with red hair? *shakes head* I can't see him with red hair Some people look great with a different hair color and then there are those who look better with their natural color. Like I think Kirsten Dunst looks better with red hair than the blonde. Oh wait, another thing, I think Tobey looks better without the beard. Lately I've seen pics of him with a beard and I'm like, no! no! Viggo looks good with one but for some reason Tobey looks better without one. Just my opinion
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2004 08:37
Hmm, I kinda like Tobey with and without the scruff look. Viggo definately does scruff good!!!
I liked Kirstin Dunst's hair better in the first movie then in the second...a very nice red color!
Heres some pics of Tobey from Seabiscuit.....

Red hair picture!

And as a jockey!
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2004 08:51
Wow!!! Great pics Amythyst. Ok, from what I see in the picture, Tobey doesn't look that bad with the red hair. I was thinking it was flaming red like Kirsten's hair in Spider-man. He looks great in the jockey uniform Yep, I'll definitely rent Seabiscuit now :love: If you have anymore pics, post more!
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 05:37
You haven't seen Seabiscuit yet!? Wow its such a great movies. You do need to see it.
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 07:30
wow. in that first picture, he looks really young. i haven't seen that movie either. i was going to grab it at the library, but some little kid got to it before i did. i'll have to wait a while. see, i find out when the movies are going to come in by searching the database at our library. then i go to the library that day. i can usually get it.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 11:19
You haven't seen Seabiscuit yet!? Wow its such a great movies. You do need to see it.

Shame on me for not having seen it yet...lol. Yeah, I heard it's great! I'll let you know when I rent it. Usually during the week I'm busy so the only time I can think of is during the weekend.
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 11:26
Speaking of Seabiscuit...heres another pic!!!!

Heh heh...nice leather beanie thing!! And, just for the heck of it....

One of the most gorgeousest Tobey pictures ever! :love: :love: (sorry if its a bit big....not that you would mind!! )
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 04:30
Who is the guy in the middle of the seabiscuit picture? He looks like the guy in October Sky and The Bourne Identity.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 08:05
:love: Great pics, Amythyst! And you're right about the second one. That's my favorite!!!

Ithiahir, hmm...in the Seabiscuit pic, I'm not sure who that man is. Amythyst or anyone else know who is he is?
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 11:25
Its Seabiscuit's trainer!! Though I don't know the actor's name... It probably wouldn't be hard to figure out. Those are the three main characters right there,
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email