Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Spider-man 2 and Tobey Maguire
on: July 26, 2004 06:24
I believe the actor's name is Chris Cooper...not positive tho!
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 12:14
i watched spider man two last night.. it was ok. i have to say i didnt enjoy it as much as the first one though, it seemed to take forever to get into the action and not a huge amount really happened.

The bits where spider man was revealed could have made more of an impact than they did. i was quite dissapointed with those bits.

And what was with the regenerating mask.. one minute it has burns and holes in and the next its back to normal.

still despite all that it was good fun. I will be going to see spider man 3, even though i dont like the idea of recycling villians.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 08:25
Hey K!

I admit that in the beginning of Spidey 2, it took a while to get going whereas in the first one that didn't happen. Oh, about the mask, lol...I know what you mean, yeah I noticed that too and one thing I didn't understand (I wonder if you or anyone else has an answer) is during the train scene, he pulls off his mask and in the distance he sees it's the end of the track. But why did he have to pull off his mask to see it and then that's when everyone saw what he looked like? I guess there's a logical explanation for why he did that but I didn't get it.

I don't like the recycle villian thing either and I wish they didn't end it where you know Harry will be GG2 but despite those things, I loved everything else in the movie. I'm just hoping Spidey 3 will be just as good because when they continue with 3, 4, etc...the plots get weak and silly, like what happened with Superman. We just have to wait and see...and the waiting part, well, that won't be very easy to do...lol.

[Edited on 30/7/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 04:38
I thought in the train scene that when he was stood on the train and saw the rails end in the distance that the mask was all ripped and maybe a bit burnt on one side and was flapping around annoying him and thats why he pulled it off... which is why i was annoyed with it magically reparing itself.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 09:08
Oh, ok, that would make sense why he pulled off the mask. It's funny how when you watch a movie, you miss certain things until you see it again. For example, Harry's bow tie was green at MJ's wedding. I missed it the first time I saw Spidey 2. Someone told me, did you notice his green tie? I said, what green tie and when I saw the movie again, that's when I noticed it.

K, I know what you mean about the mask. It's damaged and then suddenly it's repaired. I've noticed those kinds of things in movies and I'll say to myself, oh come on, that's unrealistic. But as long as it's not too much of that going on, I can still enjoy the movie. What's even more important for me is the plot and how it's written. Oh, and the villian. Both GG in Spidey 1 and Doc Ock are great villians. There are others too like the Lizard, Venom, Carnage, Mysterio, etc...and it would be very interesting to see how they would be portrayed if there are more sequels after Spidey 3. I have a feeling the Lizard (Curt Conners) may be in 3 along with GG2. Also, if there are other sequels and Tobey and Kirsten decide not to do it, forget it, I won't bother seeing them because I can't see anyone else in those roles. To me, Tobey is Spider-Man and Kirsten is MJ.

Here's another one of my favorite pics of Tobey in Spidey 2. There's something about his expression in this pic that I really like! :love:

[Edited on 30/7/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 10:07
I like that picture too! :love:

Something is driving me crazy here....can you remember in the FIRST Spiderman, the scene where MJ says "Go get 'em Tiger"? When was that?? And what context?? Its driving me BONKERSS!!!!! :rolling:
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 08:08
Hey Amythyst :wave: MJ told Peter that line at the end of Spidey 2 when she was inside his room. Actually that's one of my favorite MJ lines
Frodo_Ringbearer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 11:11
omg i loved both spiderman movies, i didnt acutally start to like tobey until i saw the second one though... :drool:

does anyone know where i could find the words to Vindicated, the song they play during the credits, online????i cant find them:cry:
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 12:08
Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional

Hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Winding in and winding out
The shine ahead has caught my eye
And roped me in so mesmerizing
It's so hypnotizing
I am captivated
I am

Vindicated
I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear I'm right
Swear I knew it all along
And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now
The things you swore you saw yourself

So clear
Like the diamond in your ring
Cut to mirror your intention
Oversized and overwhelmed
The shine of which has caught my eye
And rendered me so
Isolated so
Motivated I am
Certain now that I am

Vindicated
I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear I'm right
And I am flawed
I am seeing in me now

So tired of the corners of your lips
Part them and feel my finger tips
Trace the moment for forever
Defense is paper thin
Just one touch and I'd be in
Too deep now to ever swim
Against the current

So let me slip away
So let me slip away
So let me slip away
So let me slip against the current
So let me slip away
So let me slip away
So let me slip away
So let me slip away

Vindicated
I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear I'm right
And I am flawed
I am seeing in me now

My hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption

[Edited on 3/8/2004 by Ithiahir]
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 01:23
:wave: Thanks, Ithiahir for posting the lyrics! I plan on buying the soundtrack. Ordinary by Train and Vindicated...so far those are my favorites. Someone told me there's another soundtrack by the composer, Danny Elfman. So I'll check that one out too. I love his music and he did a great job with the Spidey theme as well as the score in other movies like Batman.

Hey Frodo_Ringbearer, when I saw Spider-Man, at the time I've heard of Tobey because of the movie Pleasantville but I still didn't know much about him. Then after seeing Spidey 2, well...now he's one of my favorite actors :love:
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 02:37
yes, elfman is awesome! you can get a taste of what he does on the spiderman soundtrack (*the non-orchestral*). he does amazing work. i think he may have done men in black also, if i am correct.......
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 06:45
And you know something, I was shocked when I read that Elfman started out in an 80's band called Oingo Boingo. Wow, look at what he's doing now! He's very talented. I'll probably buy both soundtracks. And you're right, he composed the score for Men in Black too
Frodo_Ringbearer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 08:06
danny elfman also did the music for the nightmare before christmas:love::love::love:

thank u SOOOOOOOO much for those lyrics Ithiahir!!!!!

hey maddylakedeep, ive seen pleasantville, it was on tv one night a week or so ago, it was good...

Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 09:01
I have a bunch of soundtrack composers/soundtracks that are great if you ever want them!

Do you know if the orchestral spiderman soundtrack is available in stores? I haven't been able to find it...
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 10:40
Hey Ithiahir, what other soundtracks do you have? About the orchestral Spiderman, if I remember correctly, someone told me it should be in the stores now. This weekend I'll check and see.

Hi Frodo_Ringbearer. Argg!!! I missed Pleasantville again??? It was on two months ago (I have satellite, Direct TV) and I caught the end of it. I always seem to miss this movie! I know they usually repeat certain movies but I think the best thing is to rent it so I won't keep missing it. Btw, I like how you put part of the Vindicated lyrics in your siggy Hmm...another thing, your name sounds familiar. Were we in contact before about something? Wait a minute, was it the fanfiction?

[Edited on 3/8/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 07:01
Oooh, I love those lyrics too!!! :love: They fit the movie perfectly.....but I also like them just as songs too!

Do you know if the orchestral spiderman soundtrack is available in stores? I haven't been able to find it...

Hmm, I'm not sure.....I know the orchestral soundtrack for the FIRST one is in stores...but I don't know about the second on.

Also, I knew about the "Go get 'em Tiger" line from the second movie....but didn't she say it in the first too?

Has anyone seen Cider House Rules, which is supposed to have Tobey in it? I'm thinking of seeing it....but not exactly sure if its any good!
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 09:43
Hey Amythyst, I agree with what you said about the lyrics. They do fit perfectly!

The orchestral sountrack for Spidey 2...I'm hearing so much info on the Spidey forum about everything, including the soundtrack which someone said it's in the stores. Now, I haven't checked yet but I will this weekend. Also on Saturday, I plan on seeing Spidey 2 again in IMAX! I was told movies don't stay long in IMAX theaters so I better see it this weekend.

Oh, I'm sorry...I read your message again and I saw you meant the first movie. Hmm...I don't recall MJ saying "Go get em Tiger" unless I missed it? And I've seen a few times. Does anyone else know if MJ said that line in Spidey 1?

The Cider House Rules...my mother saw it on HBO a few months ago and I was surprised she really liked it! She told me it was very good and she likes Tobey...which surprised me too! You should rent it, and hopefully I can get around to renting these movies once my schedule isn't so hectic
meriadoc27
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 07:10
I loved Spiderman 2! It was great! I can't wait for it to come out on DVD!
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 07:31
I can't wait either! It comes out on DVD in November
spidermans_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 11:47
OH, I found it, I found it! The perfect thread! *cackles hysterically*
*looks at name, av, and sig and drools :drool: * My preciouusssss...
Yes, as you can see, I love Spidey. It's my absolute favorite after LotR. I really really liked the first and then when I saw the second... :drool: That is such a good movie. I was so amazed by it. It was so realistic, that's what I love so much about it, Spiderman is human. He is not all-powerful. *thinks of train scene and faints* Oh I LOVE that scene :love: and all the scenes, for that matter. And the scene with Spidey and Harry...wow. Can't wait for it to come out on video/DVD!
(hmm, do ya ever wonder who'll be the baddie in SP3?? )

Another thing I love about Spidey movies is that the bad guys are human too. They are not completely-100%-evil.(because, who is? Maybe in stories, but not in real-life)

"But what about the free toaster?" hehehe

I remember MJ saying "Go get 'em" in the first one too.(alright, so I just saw it two days ago) It stuck out at me, I guess, but I can't for the life of me remember when she said it :dizzy:

Okay, I think I'll be quiet now.
For now.
*my precioussss........*
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 06:58
Hey Spidermans_angel,

Nice to meet you! :wave: And to know you're a Spidey fan...
Wow...love your avatar and siggy!!! I feel the same way you do about Spidey...:heart: And I'm still amazed at Tobey Maguire's performance as Spider-Man/Peter Parker. He's just so believable!!! My preciouussss...lol!:love:

I remember seeing the first one and I was impressed but Spidey 2...wow...I was very, very impressed. And you're right about it being realistic. That's what I always loved about Spider-Man too, that he's human and you can relate to his character. Oh, and the train scene... LOL...it's one of my favorites too! I can't think of one scene I didn't like. It's such an awesome movie!!! The scene with Spidey and Harry...another favorite. I loved when he pulled off Spidey's mask, he discovers it's Peter, and then you see Harry's reaction. I'm really looking forward to seeing the conflict between them in Spidey 3. That should be VERY interesting! So far it looks like Harry will be one of the villains, GG2 or really another Green Goblin like his father. And there's rumors that Dr. Curt Conners (Peter's professor) may be the second villain known as the Lizard.

Oh yeah, good point about the villains. They're not 100% evil. Actually, I felt bad for Doc Ock. His story is such a tragic one and I thought it was sad at the end, the sacrifice he made to save the city. I'm hoping he comes back if they happen to make more Spidey movies after 3, because to me it didn't seem like Ock really drowned. Yeah, he was in the water but in the comics there were times the tentacles actually helped him swim back to the shore. Btw, he's my favorite villain

Oh, the free toaster...lol! And didn't you feel like you just wanted to slap the banker

About MJ saying "Go get em' in the first movie...hmm...she really said it? I don't remember. And I watched it again before seeing Spidey 2 back in June. Wow, how did that get by me? I have to see it again...yeah, after I get it back from the person I loaned it to.

And you can ramble here about Spidey all you want...lol! I'm so excited about seeing it again when it's out on Video/DVD.
It'll be my fourth time seeing it! Oh, and what did you find funny in the movie? I thought JJJ was hilarious. I still laugh when I think about his lines. And I loved Tobey's expression when the woman sang the Spidey song and...OMG...the way she played the violin...lol. And the elevator scene...LOL!

~Maddy~

spidermans_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 11:15
Ah yes, thank you Maddy. :hug: I shall ramble on forever! :naughty:
I love the fact that SP2 was so emotional. I cried like a baby throughout the whole thing Yeah, the lady with the violin was hilarious, and with the expression on his face, you'd think he'd wanna quit being Spiderman for that reason only, hehehe.

*grumbles* mean old what'cha-ma-call-him-guy at the play. How evil! What are ya trying ta do? Break everyone's hearts?

Haha, I love the part where MJ kisses what's-his-name upside-down.
Anybody know where to find a script?*goes off in search for the precioussss*
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 06:00
Hiya!

Ramble on because I love to ramble...lol. I was surprised SM2 was emotional. I didn't expect it and that's one of many that I loved about the movie. Even the conversation between Aunt May and Peter, the hero speech I mean...very well done.

And the usher at the play, yeah, another one you wanna slap...lol.

Also, there's a lot of great quotes in the movie. I actually saved a site that has all of them. Some I want to use on my own Spider-Man site. One of them that I can think of right now is what Doc Ock says: "The power of the sun...in the palm of my hand." I love that one!

And I love the scene with MJ and Spidey in the rain, too!

Here's a few pics that are my favorites:

~Maddy~
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 05:55
I surprisingly like that movie...it was really good...better than the first one. James Franco is a really good actor...and he's really cute.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 07:17
I had a feeling it would be better than the first when I saw the trailer. I just hope SM3 will be just as good. Oh, and James Franco will most likely be GG2. It will be very interesting to see the conflict between Harry and Peter, now that Harry knows Peter is Spider-Man
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email