Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Spider-man 2 and Tobey Maguire
on: June 30, 2004 09:53
Imax would be so cool! When I was on vacation in Texas I went to see Hidalgo in one of their movie theaters....and WHOA! The screen were twice as big as the ones I see at home! It was great.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 11:51
Wow, seeng Hildago on IMAX must have been awesome! I think there's a few theaters in the city where I live that has IMAX. I'm going to check them out and hopefully SM 2 will be playing there!
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 01:42
I just got back from seeing it! IT WAS SOOO AWESOME!!

I'm going again tomorrow with my sister this time.

GO SEE!
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 06:48
Ooh, you're so lucky! I get to see it tomorrow....*grins* I bet its wonderful.....:love:
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 07:44
I just got back from seeing it! IT WAS SOOO AWESOME!!

I'm going again tomorrow with my sister this time.

GO SEE!

[b][/b]That's what everyone is saying! Luthien,you're seeing it again...great!!! I have to wait till Saturday which stinks :cry: but that's the only time I can see it. The good thing is, I'm staying in the city for the holiday weekend so I may see it again on either Sunday or Monday. Have fun Luthien and Amythyst! [i][/i]

[Edited on 1/7/2004 by MaddyLakeDeep]
parabellum
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 04:19
Ah yet another phan who never read the books. Tobey is a sad more helpless peter than he should be.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 09:02
One more day for me and then it's off to see Spidey!!! So far I've been hearing how great it is. It's torture waiting like this but I keep telling myself...one more day...lol!
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 01:56
You have to hurry up and see it, Maddy, so we can talk about it!!!
It was so awesome!! *floats away on bubbles*
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 06:30
[b][/b]Hey, Amythyst, I'm seeing it tomorrow!!! :disco: :love: [i][/i]
rhia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 08:51
I saw it! I saw it! I loved it! I loved it! :love::love:! I thought it was great. In some ways better than the first (but I don't know if it can actually beat the first film.) There were a lot of unexpected twists and turns and all the acting, music, cinemetoraphy, special effects, sets, etc were great!
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 11:49
Hehe, I saw Spidey on Thursday. And I must say I'm impressed I didn't expect it to be this good. I hope there's a sequel, oh I love the guy who owns the newspaper comany. He is soo hilarious gotta love his voice and acting.
Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 04:57
**** SOME MINOR SPOILERS!!!****

Hola! I saw it today, and I was blown away! I really did not expect it to be as good as the first... in many ways it was even better!

It is much like LotR in that it is the little moments rather than the special effects and battles that make the story. This is also what makes it such a great Marvel comic as well. Peter Parker is a nerd (like most of us), and we all relate to his struggles and triumphs. The movie has fantastic humor along with some really scary moments... and a few moments that bring tears to the eyes.

The first movie dealt with balancing power and responsibility. This film deals with the sacrifices of living a hero´s life... and what being a hero really means (hint: it does not have to do with having super powers). There are quite a few heroic people in this movie, not just Spiderman. Basically this is a struggle all of us face: when you realize that the choices you made involve more energy and commitment than you realize, do you compromise on your decision or do you face the monster and try to bring it under control, even if it is painful? All of us have been there, and we can all relate to what Peter is going through!

Most comics never deal with the fact that someone has to pay the bills when you are a hero... most heroes (Batman, Charles Xavier, etc.) have lots of money and can afford to be the full time vigilante- but the average guy like Peter Parker has to balance his secret life with being a college student and working a part time job to support himself. (And to deal with a love for someone he can never approach because he could put her in danger): You really feel for his struggle. Most of us have been there, too! Not as heroes, of course, but as everyday guys trying to balance lots of responsibilities to do the right thing.

Tobey Maguire is great in this movie- his acting ability gets better with each film. Here he really carries off the tough choices he has to make, along with the romance and the comedy that is in the film. Toby really makes Peter and Spidey approachable, believable characters.

I also think that Kirsten Dunst and Rosemary Harris, the actress playing Aunt Mae, deserve kudos. It is nice they both had large roles. Kirsten really brings MJ to life! Rosemary shows that courage has no boundaries of age or gender. Alfred Molina also gave the Doctor Octupus a tragic sense of purpose to the deeds he does rather than focus on the typical insanity villains are supposed to have. The scenes before he becomes Doctor Octopus are very inspirational, especially when this gentle, nerdy scientist and his intelligent, lovely wife invite Peter over for dinner and advise him about how to keep a relationship alive. You really feel the loss of a good soul when the doctor becomes evil through a failed experiment.

The last thing I will say in this overlong rambling is that this movie does credit the courage of the little guy. Most superhero flicks show "normal" people as victims screaming to be rescued. Here you see that the New Yorkers of Spidey's world are rough, resourceful people with kind hearts, and the most unlikely of them prove to be kind, heroic people who help Peter Parker in his struggle to find peace. You see this ordinary guy heroism in all forms, whether it is a three year old girl in a burning building, an overweight blue collar guy on a train, a proud elderly woman facing bankruptcy who still can offer hope, or a shy immigrant girl trying to cheer up a lonely, starving college student by offering him homemade cake. I can't reveal too much for being a spoiler, but there is one very emotional and wordless scene after a battle on a subway train that brings out the best in the common guy.
Well, enough of my rambling. Go see this movie on the big screen. It really is worth it!

[Edited on 4/7/2004 by Isafjordur]
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 05:57
I completely agree, Isafjordur! Peter Parker/Spiderman is a perfect hero - not perfect at all! He is one of my all-time favorite movie characters (after some choice LotR and Troy ones!). Tobey Maguire really brings him to life. Heres a little review of my own....(um...not so little!)

**WARNING! MANY SPOILERS!**

Action: The action was excellent! There was one scene (*SPOILERS!!!*) where Spidey and Doc Ock were fighting on a train that was completely out of this world!! And the fight on top of the clock was just about as good....plenty here for action lovers!!

Characters: Once again, I loved Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker. Okay, I'll admit, maybe I just love Tobey Maguire.....but really, he does a wonderful job! Harry Osbourne was um, reminiscent of his father. Kind of snobbish and stuck up. And he HIT Peter!! Doc Ock was okay...nothing special, but well done anyway. I *Loved* the newpaper producer! Very funny. MJ was same old, same old.....but since I go for romance, that was cool with me!

Comedy: Lots of comedy! Especially showcasing Peter as a looser in "real life"...heh heh heh. They sure were beating up on him. And of course there was the newpaper producer....("tell them not to open the caviar!")

Best Scene: I really liked when Spiderman saved the train, then immediately passed out. I don't wanna give too much away....but it was really nice to see the people giving back to him for once.("He's just a kid...." ) ( "We're not gonna tell anyone") *sniffles* And of course the scene where he saves MJ....

Amythyst :love:

Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 07:13
Et voilá! Plus encore des spoilers! (More and more spoilers! Bring preservatives!

[quote
Best Scene: I really liked when Spiderman saved the train, then immediately passed out. I don't wanna give too much away....but it was really nice to see the people giving back to him for once.("He's just a kid...." ) ( "We're not gonna tell anyone") *sniffles* And of course the scene where he saves MJ....

[/quote

Oh, thank you, Amythyst! You summed up that scene perfectly! It was my favorite scene, too. I do not cry in many movies (even LotR), but that subway scene had me wiping my eyes to hold back tears. It was, as you said, showing that people really did support Spiderman when it counted... and validated Aunt Mae's words that a hero brings out the hero in other people as well.

I liked the Spidey saving MJ scene, plus that MJ also shows she is like the comic book heroine... she protects Spidey, too, against Doc Oc.

Another scene (SPOILER ALERT!!!!) that I really found moving is when the physical battle between Spiderman and Doctor Octupus suddenly became a battle of wits between Peter Parker and Dr. Otto Octavius, kind of showing the struggle of mind over matter.... exciting yet also very heartbreaking.
Gurthang30
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 09:45
They need to be careful with this "villian in conflict with self" stuff. The next movie will have it too, when Harry becomes the new Goblin. Bad first; I thought there were a few moments that were WAYY too corny, like when MJ ran over to Peter's at the end of the movie. Franco seems to force his role. Good: well, theres quite a lot to say. I''l just add the unrelenting guilt Pete always feels, and how he feels he can never vent it, was perfect. "Bad before good". Heroes with pain always interest me the most. Thats why I think Daredevil, Spidey, and Batman are a cut above all the Supermen and Captain Americas out there.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 07:37
Amythyst I so agree with you! I guy who owns the newspaper company is awesome, he may even me by favourite character.

Hehe *spoiler* especially when Peter takes back his suit. He's "grieivng" that he drove spidey away, and that they're doomed. Then when Peter takes back his suit he starts yelling. crazy guy. But at the end of the movie when MJ is looking out at the window, it gave me a weird feeling. Like I dunno, it's not ever or she, it's hard to explain. *end of spoiler*
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 10:27
I just saw it! It was soo awsome! *might be spoiler* I liked that part with the train, very very interesting!
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 11:25
Hehe *spoiler* especially when Peter takes back his suit. He's "grieivng" that he drove spidey away, and that they're doomed. Then when Peter takes back his suit he starts yelling. crazy guy. But at the end of the movie when MJ is looking out at the window, it gave me a weird feeling. Like I dunno, it's not ever or she, it's hard to explain. *end of spoiler*

YES!!! That was so funny! And I know what you mean about the end of the movie....hmm....

Another scene (SPOILER ALERT!!!!) that I really found moving is when the physical battle between Spiderman and Doctor Octupus suddenly became a battle of wits between Peter Parker and Dr. Otto Octavius, kind of showing the struggle of mind over matter.... exciting yet also very heartbreaking

You mean the one near the very end? If so, yes, I agree. I felt sorry for Octavius...I liked him MUCH better then the Green Goblin!
Oh, and the "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head" scene was just cracking me up for some reason! The bouncy step and foolish grin....heh heh!

[email protected] (don't bother going...its not a real site! )
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 11:45
Oh, and the "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head" scene was just cracking me up for some reason! The bouncy step and foolish grin....heh heh!

Nah don't think you're weird or anything. When that scene came up nearly the whole theater started laughing when I watched it.
Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 01:31
I don´t think it is silly either. The ´Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head´ sequence got a lot of laughs when I watched the movie. I think it is supposed to spoof Peter's overexaggerated and insincere enthusiasm for his new way of life.

All in all, the humor in this film rocks! I think the humor distinguishes it from a lot of other movies.

Another scene (SPOILER ALERT!!!!) that I really found moving is when the physical battle between Spiderman and Doctor Octupus suddenly became a battle of wits between Peter Parker and Dr. Otto Octavius, kind of showing the struggle of mind over matter.... exciting yet also very heartbreaking

You mean the one near the very end? If so, yes, I agree. I felt sorry for Octavius...I liked him MUCH better then the Green Goblin!

Yup, that is the scene. I also felt sorry for Octavius and found him a much more believable villain than the Green Goblin. In some ways I sort of feel that, if he had not become Doc Oc, he and Rosie would have been ideal mentors for Peter- they all had so much in common. And, overall, he is an ideal villain for Spiderman since he is also an ordinary guy who became evil through bad circumstances. The mind over matter scene kind of shows that both Peter and Otto were facing the same struggle in the movie- that of dealing with giving up your dreams to be a better person. Otto cannot give up his because he is held hostage to the AI arms- so he is corrupted by it. It is interesting to see how Otto and Peter resolve that conflict.

I just read up on Alfred Molina- I did not realize he is British- he decided to play Otto as American because he did not want him to stand out as the villain right away- and having an accent different from what everyone else was speaking would make him different right away when they wanted him to be an unexpected villain. I also did not know he got his start in ´Raiders of the Lost Ark´´as the cute but treacherous guide Satipo- you know, the "Adios Amigo" guy that gets the spiders wiped off his back by Indiana Jones. If you live in New York, you can catch him as Tevje in "The Fiddler on the Roof"

Also, I agree with you, Gurthang30 about the anguished villain thing- Hollywood has a way of overkill and I do not like the set up of Harry turning into a clone of his father- I do not want to see the third movie as a repeat of the first movie. And the Superheroes with angst point is true. I always have liked Spidey, Daredevil and Nightcrawler because they deal with angst but also are able to embrace life and participate in it instead of being eternal brooders.

As a final word, if you liked the paintings at the beginning of the movie they were done by Alex Ross, a water color comic graphic novel artist. He has done some good stuff lately. I particularly like "Peace on Earth", a graphic novel about a superhero trying to take on world hunger.

[Edited on 4/7/2004 by Isafjordur]
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 09:03

That was cute!!! Hehe I loved that scene. Especially when he's walking and falls over,

*Spoiler*Hehe then when Spidey goes down the elevatar (ahh the classic elevator scene)! That was such a great scene, "yeah it kind of rides up the crotch" more than we needed to know, but classic.
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 10:39

i don't think i have ever heard my dad laugh so hard in my life! the elevator scene was a classic too! you can tell the guy in the elevator with spidey was a little uncomfortable after a while. hehehehe....

i saw it yesterday and i was just blown away! mostly the reviews here sum up my opinions. my favorite part was when aunt mae awas talking about how the kid across the street wanted to be like spider-man and how the kid needed a hero. i think that peter then started to realize what he meant to people and the hope he offered to them too. i might be going to see it again tonight at the drive in. and if i do, i'll write up a better reveiw because the first time i saw it there was just too much to sink in.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 12:55
the elevator scene was a classic too! you can tell the guy in the elevator with spidey was a little uncomfortable after a while. hehehehe....

Lol a little? I think you mean alot. Especially since he told him about the crotch part.

*spoilers*I half suspected Aunt Mae knew who Spider-Man was. The way she spoke to him. I liked it better than the first because of how deep it went. It was battle between his want to be spider-man or not to be.*end of spoiler*
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 02:40
Lady Eowyn, you just touched on the subject my bro was talking to me about. He thinks that Aunt Mae actually knows who Spiderman really is. And well I'm starting to wonder too.

Peter lived with Aunt Mae nearly his whole life right? So most likely in a lot of ways she's like his mother. I don't think it would take a real mother very long to figure out what her son is up too. Especially when he rescued her and spoke to her and all.

Does anyone else have these thoughts?
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 03:43
*Spoiler*Hehe then when Spidey goes down the elevatar (ahh the classic elevator scene)! That was such a great scene, "yeah it kind of rides up the crotch" more than we needed to know, but classic.

LOL that was SO funny! The *look* on the other guy's face!!
I'm glad you all agree with me on the Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head scene....*giggles* He's so cute....:love:

Peter lived with Aunt Mae nearly his whole life right? So most likely in a lot of ways she's like his mother. I don't think it would take a real mother very long to figure out what her son is up too. Especially when he rescued her and spoke to her and all.

Hmm, I'm not really sure. The voice part is what always threw me....I mean, how long did it take MJ to realize that it was Peter? Even after she talked to him, got rescued by him kissed him.....! But thats okay....its kinda the point of the movie!

Oh, and didn't you guys love the pizza scene in the beginning?? *SPOILERS* First when that guys like "Hey, he stole that kid's pizza!" and then when he grabs the box from the man on the wall, then the piece of pizza he was about to eat! And of course the brooms....heh heh. Poor Peter...they were really beating up on him in this movie!!

PS. You guys like my siggy pic??

[Edited on 6/7/2004 by Amythyst]
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 07:55
Hey everyone!

I had a wonderful time seeing Spidey 2. I stayed in the city with my friends and we saw it twice...Saturday and again on Monday!!! I couldn't wait to see what anyone thought about the movie and when I saw all these replies, I was like...wow!!! I read what you all had to say and it's written soooo well! Also, after seeing the movie, I agree with most of what was said. I was so blown away by this movie. It's definitely better than the first one. I haven't enjoyed a superhero movie this great since Superman! Once again, the director, Sam Raimi did an awesome job along with everything else. Yes, you have the awesome visual effects but I never expected it to be funny, so deep and even touching!

*Spoilers*

I loved the humor and the 'Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head' scene...yeah, that was hilarious!
The elevator scene...another funny one. The scene when Spidey is fighting Doc Ock on top of the train. In the beginning when he's losing his powers. At first I didn't understand what was going on with him? Then after he saw the doctor and everything that followed after that, I was like, oh okay, it was because of his struggles with his love for MJ, his responsibilites being Spiderman and so much that was going on his life. All those things affected his powers and I thought that was cool. It's good to see that someone is a superhero, but at the same time they can be very vulnerable. It's more realistic and you can relate to the character.

Wow, I love so many scenes that were mentioned here so I won't repeat it. Again, it was so wonderfully done because you had a balance of humor, angst, physical and emotional battles between the characters (something I didn't expect to see). And I agree that when it comes to the struggles, it's similar to LotR (hehehe...trying to catch up with what was said) Let's see what else...the relationship between Peter and Aunt Mae is just so touching...oh, and I also believe she knows he's Spiderman. The first time I saw it, I didn't notice it but when I saw the second time, I said, wait...the way she talked to him, it was as if she knows!

Peter's relationship with MJ...I love the chemistry between them! Tobey and Kirsten are very believable in their roles. Now after seeing the sequel, I can't see anyone else playing Peter. I LOVE Tobey in the role! Like you said, Amythyst, dreaming of Tobey...LOL...:love:

Alfred Molina...excellent as Doc Ock! You know, I didn't know he was British either until reading about him and all the actors in something I picked up from the comic book store yesterday. It's called, Spider-man 2: The Official Movie Souvenir Magazine. I didn't know much about him until reading the article and yeah, he had a part in Raiders Of the Lost Ark and he was also in the sci-fi horror movie, Species. I saw that I and then I realized, wait, I knew he looked familiar! I just couldn't remember what I saw him in. I like both Green Goblin and Doc Ock but if I had to choose, it's definitely Doc Ock. So I'm not the only one who thought it was sad, how Dr. Octavius became what he was, his wife was tragically killed and how he sacrificed himself by destroying what he created. I just thought his character is very tragic. I don't know, I just felt sorry for him more than I did the Green Goblin. I mean, GG started out the same way...a scientist working on an experiment that went terribly wrong, and Doc Ock, the same happens to him. Both of their minds become corrupted from the results of the experiment, and yet I felt more sympathy for Doc Ock.

Harry Osborn: I also think James Franco does a great job in his role. I like the way he's developing the character and you really see his dark side in this movie. Before I saw the sequel, I had a feeling they were planning on Harry following in his father's footsteps as the Green Goblin 2. I'm sure you all know that Spidey 3 is already in the works and planned to be released in May 2007 (wish is wasn't that long!). And the way the sequel ended with Harry discovering the glider and the GG mask, well, it's no guess as to who the next villian will be. I think that would be very interesting...Spidey fighting his best friend. A lot of conflict there. But I don't have a clue as to what else they can do in the the third movie. Anyone else? What do you think?

I also think the actor, J.K. Simmons is great as J. Jonah Jameson. He's so funny!

When MJ left the church and running to Peter, ok...lol...I agree that was kind of overdone but everything else in the movie I thought was really great!!!!! I had no idea MJ would find out his identity and I'm so glad they did that (another thing I didn't expect!).

If anyone is near a comic book store, I highly recommend the magazine I bought because it has a lot of great info about the characters and actors...also a lot of great pics of everyone and Tobey of course

Btw, Amythyst...I love your siggy! I would love to change mine and have Tobey/Spidey along with Frodo, but I have no clue as to how to create a banner. Someone else created the Frodo one for me and I lost contact with that person. *shrugs* Oh well! I'm so glad you all enjoyed the movie! When it comes out on DVD, I'm definitely buying it
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 04:59
MADDY!!! You're back! (of course I knew you were back....got your pm....) I'm going to see it again too, as soon as I can get my friends to go with me! So, lets see...a little quote here....

And the way the sequel ended with Harry discovering the glider and the GG mask, well, it's no guess as to who the next villian will be. I think that would be very interesting...Spidey fighting his best friend. A lot of conflict there. But I don't have a clue as to what else they can do in the the third movie. Anyone else? What do you think?

Okay. I think this could be interesting...as long as Harry wasn't another Green Goblin. I don't think I could stand that! I was kinda thinking along the same lines as you, except for the scene where Harry threw the knife at his father.....it almost seemed like they were telling us that he wasn't going to be the next villain. But of course that was before he found the Goblin stuff....

I liked the scene where he made the web with MJ in it too....he looked very spiderish! (And we'll leave the other descriptive words out of it for now..... ) It was so sad when she was hugging her fiance and looked back over her shoulder, looking at Peter. He looked so lonely....

Also, have you guys heard the soundtrack for this? Its really great, and fits right into the movie!! I especially like "Ordinary" by Train....

Amythyst
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 06:54
Oh, and didn't you guys love the pizza scene in the beginning?? *SPOILERS* First when that guys like "Hey, he stole that kid's pizza!" and then when he grabs the box from the man on the wall, then the piece of pizza he was about to eat! And of course the brooms....heh heh. Poor Peter...they were really beating up on him in this movie!!

Haha lol that was funny. "Hey he stole that guy's pizza!" Yeah but I agree they were really beating up on Peter, poor guy. Too much stress and pressure.

PS. You guys like my siggy pic??

Of course.

I'm sure you all know that Spidey 3 is already in the works and planned to be released in May 2007 (wish is wasn't that long!).

Really? I didn't know that. But that is wonderful news! Too bad that's 3 years, *sighs* oh well.

Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 07:30
Hello.

I would like to think Aunt Mae knows. I saw the movie again, and there was a very intent look in her eyes when she was giving that hero line- she must have figuired it when he rescued her and he spoke to her. She was so great in this movie! Not helpless at all.

Regarding the soundtrack- I did not realize that was Train- No wonder I liked the song "Ordinary' so much! Yea!

And the next film or villians in the future- I did notice that the name of the physics teacher who likes Peter but chastises him for his school work (Curt Connors) is the real name of a Spiderman villain, the Lizard. Hmm.. I wonder if that is a clue.
Me, I would like to see Black Cat. She is kind of a villain on the good side of bad.

[Edited on 6/7/2004 by Isafjordur]
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 07:48
Yes, I'm back! It's the best July 4th weekend I've had in a really long time and seeing spidey 2 was the perfect thing to do! Yeah, I loved the pizza scene, too and when Peter was trying to put the brooms back into the closet, I felt so bad for him

Someone mentioned the artwork that was shown during the opening credits...I loved that! I thought that was so cool

Amythyst, what you said about Harry as GG2, yeah, I don't know if that would be a good idea either. I mean, it would be interesting and there would be a lot of conflict but I woud have preferred if they chose another villian. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Other fans on a Spider-man forum that I'm on, most say they hope Sam Raimi will pick another villian, espcially after seeing how awesome Doc Ock was. And then some say if they're going to have Harry become GG2, they would need something else going on like another villian teaming up with him or...spidey teaming up with another superhero. So I'm very curious as to what they have planned for Spidey 3.

Oh, and when Peter is on the web with MJ, yeah...I loved that! LOL...yes, he looked very spiderish and very...*cough* *ahem* :love: And I agree that when MJ left him, he looked very lonely. That was another touching scene.

You know, I haven't heard much of the soundtrack except "Ordinary" by Train. I love that song and I like the Spidey theme song, what you hear when the movie starts. I want to hear more of it and most likely I'll buy it!

Hi Lady~Eowyn! Yeah, I was so happy to hear they're making Spidey 3! I know, 3 years is a long time. Sometimes they change the date and it's released a year earlier. But then I read they don't want to rush it, which makes sense because you know what happens when a movie is rushed. Still, 3 years! *sigh* I may see 2 again before it leaves the theaters. It's just such a great movie!!!! :heart:

Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 10:06
*Begins counting down the time until Spidey 3* Gah, its so long! I wish people could make movies faster....or like LotR, just make them all at once! THREE YEARS!!! *sniff*. Oh well.

Have you also heard that Kirstin Dunst plans to make 3 her last Spidey movie? It'd be awful if they had to find a new MJ...... Can you believe they almost had a different Peter Parker for 2?

Yeah, the soundtrack is really cool. "Ordinary" is of course my favorite, but I like "Vindicated" too. I don't actually own it yet...but I listened to it at a bookstore!

[email protected]

I'm going to see if I can put a pic up in here...bear with me...

I hope it works!!

Icymt
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 10:45
I love Spidermans soundtrrack!!!

like the picture Amythyst.

I just saw the 2 spiderman and i thought it was pretty good. After i came home i watched spiderman 1.
the way they came up with the villans were the same basicly.with the scientist and the wanting to acomplish something so bad that they were risking their life.

smile
icymt
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 11:21
I would like to think Aunt Mae knows. I saw the movie again, and there was a very intent look in her eyes when she was giving that hero line- she must have figuired it when he rescued her and he spoke to her. She was so great in this movie! Not helpless at all.

I'm starting to think this too! Glad I'm not the only one.
MaddyLakeDeep
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 01:46
Hello.

Regarding the soundtrack- I did not realize that was Train- No wonder I liked the song "Ordinary' so much! Yea!

And the next film or villians in the future- I did notice that the name of the physics teacher who likes Peter but chastises him for his school work (Curt Connors) is the real name of a Spiderman villain, the Lizard. Hmm.. I wonder if that is a clue.
Me, I would like to see Black Cat. She is kind of a villain on the good side of bad.

[Edited on 6/7/2004 by Isafjordur]

[b][/b]It wasn't until I saw it again too! I said, wait a minute, why would she give him that speech if she didn't somehow know it's him. So Luthien, you're not the only one who thinks Aunt Mae knows And yeah, Rosemary Harris is great as Aunt Mae. She's a wonderful actress. I've seen her in other movies too. And Train is one of my favorite groups too, yeah, that's why it sounds so good!!!

Ohhh...about Curt Conners...you're right Isafjordur! He's the villian, Lizard and a lot of fans hope he's the next one (among many) to be in the third movie. See, when they showed Harry discovering what his father was, that threw me off because I'm thinking, so they want everyone to know Harry will be the GG2? Maybe it would have been better if we didn't know until the next movie comes out. Or I thought, maybe they want us to think he's the next villian and surprise us with someone else? *shrugs* I don't know. But...from what I've heard, if that's what they're going to do with Harry, they need another villian or something else going on. Ohhh! definitely Black Cat! I think she would be a great character to be in 3. Remember, she also likes Peter and that can be an idea for conflict between her, Peter and MJ.

Icmyt, yeah...lol...it's always like that where the scientist is doing an experiment, something terrible goes wrong and that person is forever altered, usually they become a villian or they become an anti-hero in the case of Bruce Banner...the Hulk.

Amythyst...*sigh* I know...3 years! I wish they Sam Raimi filmed it the same way like PJ did with LotR. But most directors are reluctant. They're usually thinking, what if it doesn't work. So happens, PJ was VERY lucky with his success with filming the LotR trilogy all at once. That's very rare. I didn't know that MJ decided 3 will be the last. She's perfect for the role! I can't see anyone else but her as MJ and Tobey as Peter/Spidey. That would be awful. And yeah, they were ready to pick another actor for Spidey after Tobey hurt his back while filming Seabiscuit. I was like, oh no!!! But luckily he got better and was able to do it.

I like your addy...lol! And I LOVE your pic! That's one of my favorites, too. Can you see mine? That's the one I told you about when he's on the web with MJ! I'll send you a PM and talk to you all later!

Maddy...LotR and Spidey fanatic! :love:[i][/i]
Amythyst
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 05:58
First things first.....I hate to be a sour apple, but I don't really care for Aunt May. The way she screams..... Yikes! She never really struck me as having a lot of character...just kind of your typical old lady! *shrugs* But if you guys like her...like away!

Second.....OOOOOOHHHH!!! Maddy, I love your pic!!! :love: *floats away dreaming* I was never able to make screen captures....its awesome!!!

Heres another I like.....

Amythyst
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email