Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post Starry Night OOC
on: July 13, 2004 07:36
Okay...for all of you who are involved:

GREAT JOB!!!!! You're doing awesome!

Okay, since the Fellowship will be breaking up soon, then we'll have to pay attention to make sure it's timed well and they all meet up when they're supposed to. Here's where we'll discuss what's going on...etc.

One quick announcement. It would be REALLY nice if we could have such characters as Treebeard, Theoden, Denethor (?), Eowyn, Eomer, Faramir, Gollum, Merry...etc. And, after we fill those characters, we can have additional characters, such as minor characters from the book, like those of the Rohirrim, Grey Company or soldiers of Gondor.

Hannon le for your excellent posts, all!

~Silvan
falather
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Starry Night OOC
on: July 14, 2004 04:17
We have an OOC! This is nice! :disco:

I'll play Sam if no one else wants to. He's kind of an essential part of TTT and RotK (since there are going to be so many 'blind spots' in Frodo's narration). I'll probably have to toggle between viewpoints at least a little, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I might even be able to alternate posts- there is going to be so going on with the rest of the Fellowship that I'm not too worried about not having enough time to get everything done (since I'm pretty much walking from here on out).

As far as the timing goes, it might be a little tricky to keep everything straight, especially since later we'll be following so many groups (Frodo and Sam; Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli; Pippin and Gandalf; Merry and Theoden; Faramir and his Rangers...) But I think we can handle it...

Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 03:06
Either way, I think we'll have to get someone else to play Merry. Especially for after the whole palantir incident...

I totally agree with you about Sam. One idea is to play Frodo while he's conscious and knowing what's going on and Sam when Frodo's not, but I suppose you'd already figured that out. But it would be good to get at least two people following each main storyline. (Perhaps someone could play Gollum...)

~Silvan
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 02:19
It might be awkward, but I'll be willing to pick up Merry. It's hard, but I've done it before in War of the Ring. (Oi! The Entmoot is torture to write. ) So I've kind of had a dry run, if you will. Just volunteering! Of course, if anyone else came along they could have the part.
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 03:12
Hey,
I've been playing Galadriel. But when I'm done with her, I'll gladly play anyone else! Just let me know.
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 06:27
Yeah, I could just jump between view-points when I need to...I wonder who we could find to play Gollum?

You definately should play someone else, AnironEllessar... Otherwise you're going to have to leave when the Fellowship leaves Lorien... And you're good at this, and we don't want to lose you.

Sindaeririel was going to play Faramir, wasn't she? I though she mentioned that, since Boromir isn't in the second two books :cry:. And Euvronwen (Gandalf) will be re-joining the company, too, I think (but that isn't for a little while yet).
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 08:56
Yes, you should definitely find someone else to play, AnironEllessar! Uhm... I don't know who, but that's beside the point. It's great to have you along, though. And remember that Merry is up for grabs! ;D (After all, who wouldn't want to be my...err.... Pippin's traveling companion?!)
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 03:44
Sure, if you guys want me to, I'd definetly love to play Merry, in fact I'm playing the movie-version-Merry in my own RPG thread ("the war of the ring: for newbies"). And I can be other characters too, if you need. But I don't really know if I could be able to play Gollum, to me he is a really complex character. Hehe Vende, of course who wouldn't want to be your companion...lol.
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 11:18
Just to let you all know, AnironEllessar and I have been working on the Mirror of Galadriel post via PM (sooooo much dialogue), and we should be done with it...uhm...soon!
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 12:50
Hey, just curious...am I supposed to be posting for Merry right now? Or when we get to TTT? I wasn't sure.... :dizzy:
AnironEllessar
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 03:36
I would assume you can go ahead and start posting for Merry any time you want! Ahhh.. it'll be great to have a companion finally.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 08:33
Erm... Hi! :wave:

I just wanted to let you guys know I'm back and... yeah. Looks like I've lost Merry. Well, that's how the life goes! At my work, they changed servers, and this one doesn't have the block on CoE. Can you imagine how happy I am?! :love:

Well, if you are willing to take me back and even give me a char to play, I'll be more than happy to rejoin this thread! Really... I've read the las posts - you guys have gotten really far! It will take me some time to read the whole thread through.

I was just wondering - how did it end with that stolen food in Strider's bag? :naughty:

Ok, just let me know what you think, all right?
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 02:00
Ooohh Nifredil, it's lovely to see you back! :love: I hope you'll find a nice character

As falather has already said, I'd be more than willing to play Faramir, and I'd also love Éowyn, so if no-one else wants her I can do them both :heart: Faramir and Éowyn won't be together that often anyways...

And something else... I'll be on a 2weeks holiday from 30th of July until 14th of August and I doubt I'll find time to post. I don't know if it's possible but could you *please* wait with Boromir's death until I'm back? Pretty please? Don't want him to go without me If that doesn't work out, please send me a pm shortly before his death and I'll send my post to one of you to post it when it's appropriate, would that be ok?
Euvronwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 03:24
Ooh goodie, an OOC thread! Anyway, since Gandalf doesn't come in for a while, I'd be happy to do Gollum, if no one else has claimed him yet...
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 04:09
Errr... not too much happened with the food in the bag, actually. I'm not nearly as good with Merry as you are, so I couldn't think of anything to get him into to trouble. Aragorn knows the Hobbits put it in his bag, and I think Pippin knows that aragorn knows, but no one will say anything. Heh heh... And we'd be happy to have you as another character! Sorry you lost Merry, though.....
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 08:20
Well then, as I can't get Merry back, I will accept the challenge to play Gollum! And, I would love to take also Eomer. I just think I'll have to re-read the book, as I have the movie version swimming around in my head. I think it might be fun!
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 02:23
Yay! Nifredil's back!

I know what you mean about the movie version...I've kind of ended up re-reading the books as I go, since I can't for the life of me remember some of this stuff...especially when it comes to the timing of events (since the films had to change some of that) :dizzy:.

Hmm...If no one else signs up for Theoden, I'll play him. He doesn't talk to Frodo or Sam at all, so it shouldn't be a problem to fit him in (and I'll get to fight in the battle, too! ).
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 02:19
Hey!

I think I'll post the Mirror scene now, if no one objects... It's kind of long (okay, it's really long...), but there was so much to do... :blush: This way, we can finish up in Lorien and all...

[Edited on 27/7/2004 by falather]
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 10:05
Your post was awesome! But I still hope we can get Boromir's death after I return from my holiday. 14th of August, that ok? I should be able to post something while being on holidays, but not that much and I certainly won't be able to write that death scene then.
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2004 04:18
Thanks! AnironEllessar and I worked together on it, which helped keep it together, I think...plus it would have taken about a million years to post something like that the normal way, and it was fun to write.

I don't think waiting until August 14 for Boromir to die would be a problem at all, as we still have to go down the Anduin in the boats before that happens, so you won't be missing much while you're gone
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 28, 2004 12:58
Hihi, that sounded slightly strange... "waiting until August 14 for Boromir to die" dunno why but somehow it did Anyways, I still think I can post something while being away, and well... when I'm back I'm probably depressed anyways so writing a sad scene shouldn't be that hard Maybe I should wirte it with Yankeegirl? Might be good so that we can get one big post... You know, poor Boromir being stabbed by all those arrows, Aragorn killing the orcs and then Aragorn and Boromir together when Boromir dies.
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2004 02:32
Yeah, it did sound kind of strange...like we're planning on assassinating him or something... *sniff* I always liked Boromir, too :cry: ...but don't worry, he'll always live on in flashbacks!
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 28, 2004 02:47
No one will assassinate my Boromir!!! I'll defend him with my life!!! *runs off to find a sword*

Ahem.
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2004 03:08
I'll help you, Sindaeririel!!!! (I was Boromir in one of the other Fellowship threads and I love him so! ) Mind you, my portrayal was slightly more... disturbing than yours. -nervous laughter- You're way better with him. Are you boromir re-incarnated or something? Or do you just have him locked away in a closet somewhere?

[Edited on 29/7/2004 by Vende]
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2004 06:26
Hey you know, if you want, I'd be willing to give merry back to you (that is if Vende doesn't object...) I think that might be better since you were him before, and I haven't even posted for him yet, and I'm not sure where to start with him since I kinda got him in the middle of the story... well I'll let you guys decide.
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 11:07
Well, just wanted to say that I'll be on holidays from tomorrow until 14th of August. I think i can drop in from time to time but I'm not sure... have a nice time until I'm back! See you all around and drag Boromir along if you please. Hafe fun :heart: :wave:
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 04:25
*sniff* We'll miss you, Sindaeririel! Have fun while you're gone!

Actually, I'm also going to be gone, but only until Tuesday; I'm off to visit my aunt. Please don't let Frodo fall in the river or something- just toss him in one of the canoes when the Fellowship is ready to leave Lorien and he should be fine! Thanks!
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 05:08
Yeah, I'll be going with falather. Once again, lacking the Hobbits. Feel free to use Pippin all you want, though!
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 03:08
Hi! I'm back (and Vende is, too ).
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 04:16
Hope you guys didn't miss the Elf and the Dwarf too much. I've been so busy with a ton of other things lately. Re-reading RotK...

Okay, so Sindaeririel has definately Faramir and probably Eowyn. Eomer is taken, and Theoden, and Gollum. Any other characters you think we need?

~Silvan
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 03:25
If you're re-reading RotK, I can see why you're busy...I can't put that book down when I read it, even though I know by now how the story ends.

Uhm...I think that's all the characters we need. I'm trying to think if there are any other major people coming up, but I don't think there are...unless someone wanted to be Denethor or Beregond, but they don't come in for a while, so we've got time. So I think we're good...

[Edited on 5/8/2004 by falather]
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 04:26
We still haven't figured out who's going to be Merry.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 09:01
Well, I would always be happy to get him back, but I don't want to be the big bad wolf who comes and takes what he considers his, although it might displease or even hurt others...

And another thing - I won't be able to play 3 characters. No more that two. AnironElessar, if you really are willing to give Merry back to me, maybe you can consider playing Eomer or Gollum? And please do say what you really want, it would be unfair to leave the decision up to the others. OK?
In the Realm of Ulmo
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 02:48
Just wanted to say hallo and that I'm still alive Nice to have Faramir :love: I'll be back in a week but not online anymore until then. I'm looking forward to post again :love:
Euvronwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 10:41
I just have a quick question...both Nifredil and I requested to play Gollum, so I was wondering who gets him?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email