Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Starry Night OOC
on: August 28, 2004 03:45
....Does anyone know if Aniron is going to take up Gimli? I mean, I know she said she would, but she hasn't yet and some new people to jump start the thread into action again would be wonderful. Sometimes we get stuck in a rut and can't get out 'cause no one has anything to say. Actually, we're kind of waiting on Galadriel to come give the gifts right now...... maybe we should just get that over with? -shrugs-
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2004 02:26
oh man. you guys, i am so sorry about that. I really want to take those characters, but i don't know if i should, because i'm not the kind of person that can post every day. also, i'm pretty busy with working on stuff for my rpg. (ven, you know how crazy it is in there right now. ) i feel really bad about leaving you all hanging like this. also i don't know the book that well, even though i've read it you know it's not the kind of book you can remember everything about it. But i will go in and finish up Galadriel, and i'll try out Gimli and see what I think, and what you think. again, Sorry! i don't want you to think i'm being flaky. If you want, maybe we should get someone entirely new who hasn't been a part of starry night yet at all, and who has free time enough, to take Gimli. well i'm going to run off and grab my book to do galadriel's scene. (*runs off.*)
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2004 03:07
Oh, that's alright, Aniron, this thread has a tendency to die periodically and get resurrected again during the more exciting parts of the book, and we didn't want to take your part as Galadriel, yet we were getting kind of bored just hanging around Lorien. However, it's appreciated when you let us know if you're not able to take a part. That way we can move on. And yes, I know how crazy your newbie thread is. Don't sweat it.
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 11:29
Ok guys I'm back! I'm sorry but my school just started on monday and I had quite a busy time... falather and me have nearly finished the Ring-taking-scene (actually I think it would be finished if I could only write that last part where honey actually tries to take it... I'll try to do it tonight, I promise!) and that occupied me a lot too before school started so sorry if I've been pretty inactive here... Oh and I hope you don't mind me adding Lothiriel in my last post, but I thought it might be a bit unlikely being the oldest son of a ruler and not being married and not even planning to be soon...
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 01:41
We finished the Ring scene! Woo-hoo! :disco: It's kinda long (again) but it's a big moment...

Actually, I think adding Lothiriel was a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of that, but it adds to Boromir's character 'cause we get to see some of his plans for the future and all...
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 06:49
Yes, we're done with that huuge scene :disco: took us ages but it was fun! And I should have added Lothiriel a lot earlier, at the beginning or so and just keep making little remarks about her during the whole journey but didn't think of it until very recently Just imagine she's always been there, ok? Argh I don't want him to be killed :cry: Anyways... so, I'll get Faramir for sure, right? And what about Eowyn? Has anyone else claimed her yet? If not I'll do that now If no one else has said he / she wants to play her, I'll do it if it's ok for you But she's my favourite character after Aragorn and Boromir, I'd love to write her :heart:
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 02:53
Yes, it was a LOT of fun... And it's interesting to really interact with other people's characters...

I think you'll be okay adding her in now...We're going to be sitting in the boats for a loooooong time, so Boromir will have plenty of time to think about her then...and we've been kind of busy so far- he hasn't had much of a chance to think about things that aren't related to the quest.
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 04:13
Aniron's internet is down and she doesn't know when it'll be back up, so she won't be able to take any characters as of yet.
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 03:29
hey vende thanks for posting that for me.
EVERYONE! I am sooooo sorry for being such a flake. And thanks for putting up with me. And i really hate to do this now, but, even though i have internet again, i just can't take those characters. I'm so busy with school/homework etc, i barely have time to come on the internet, and when i do, i'm going to be in my own forum, the newbies thing i'm doing. Sorry! But if you want (which you probably don't, but still) you can drop in my ooc (called : War of the Rings:FOR NEWBIES ooc discussion) and say hi anytime! it's actually kinda fun in there. very weird, but fun.
anyway, thanks so much for everything, and i am sooo sooo incredibly sorry for all the problems i've caused. Love you all!
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 30, 2004 10:07
Aww, I'll miss you, Aniron! I hope your Newbie-RP goes well and you manage all the school stuff I can understand that you're busy, I have pretty much time in the evenings but still can't post in more than one RP, and it must be really bad if you're very busy. Hope I'll still meet you from time to time! :love:
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2004 11:46
Yes, we will miss you...:cry: And this thread does take some time to post in, so I can see why it would be a problem if you're really busy...

By the way, does anyone know what happened to Nifredil and silvan_elf_princess? I haven't seen them in a while...
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2004 03:04
thanks for your support, you guys! i'll stop in here from time to time and say hi. bye,
Aniron
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 02:34
By the way, does anyone know what happened to Nifredil and silvan_elf_princess? I haven't seen them in a while...

Hmm I have no idea...
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 01:09
I talked to silven_elf_princess- her PC hasn't been working too well, and school got busy...

Hmmm...Since we're getting so close to TTT , this might be a good time for a cast review. If people need to leave for some reson (school or work or what-have-you), this would be an excellent time to find replacements, since we'll be starting a new book, anyway...And we can make sure we have all the people we'll need for TTT, too. So...Let's see...If you would just post your character(s)' name(s) so we get an idea of who we've got, that might be a way to start. Then if we need more people we can go to the MEA if we need to. (By the way, I got silvan_elf_princess' approval on all this...Don't want you all to think I'm a 'usurper.' )

So here's the cast list for TTT as of...well, now (subject to revision, of course ) :

Cast List:
silvan_elf_princess: Legolas, Gimli
falather: Frodo, Theoden
yankeegirl: Aragorn
Sindaeririel: Boromir, Eowyn, Faramir
Vende: Pippin
Euvronwen: Gandalf, Gollum
happy_dawg86: Sam, Merry
~elvellon~: Arwen, Rose Cotton

I'll update this as people post and all. Thanks! Onward and upward!

[Edited on 8/10/2004 by falather]
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 02:18
Yankeegirl: Aragorn
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 03:05
Yep, well, you'll all be happy to know that I've still got dibs on Pippin.
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 02:58
Sindae: Boromir (for a few days :cry: ), Éowyn, Faramir
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 02:24
Yeah, I know...poor Boromir's going to have to leave us soon...:cry: I'm going to miss him- he's been a good travelling companion...But at least you won't have to leave us.

Okay, so we're going to need these people (right?): Merry, Gimli, Sam (?) Eomer, Saruman, Grima, Treebeard, and Denethor. We'll need a Beregond and a few other misc. people for RotK, but this should do for now...I'll post an ad in the MEA, if that's alright with everyone here.
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 02:56
Of course it's okay. No one minds. Go wild, falather. Let out your inner beast and stop asking permission so much.

And for anyone who I just lost, I apologize, it's a sister thing.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2004 09:53
Hey, sorry I haven't been around lately. School and work have been very busy lately.

I can take Legolas for sure, and I could also do Gimli through Legolas's view, or even as a first person occasionally, if you guys would like.

Honestly, I don't know how much I'll be able to be on in the next several months, particularly come the AP tests in the beginning of May. But for now, I can be on.

~Silvan

P.S. If anyone really needs to contact me about stuff, I'll be at monkeygames.net fairly often. (That's where the non-Tolkien rpgs went.)
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2004 11:40
*gasps in horror* You're taking AP tests, too? What in? Ugh...they stink! I've got them in Statistics and Physics this year...They do take a lot of time to study for and then when you actually have to take them...

Vende: Hush, child! I have no inner beast! Well, maybe not...:evil: And anyway, I was just making sure we were all on the same page before I went off and gave away roles that people wanted. So there!

Anyway, the ad's up and running, if anyone wants to see it...Though I don't really know why you'd want to since it's just the stuff we mentioned here, but if you did, you can.
Euvronwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2004 10:11
Oops! Forgot to check in on this thread...*blushes* Anyway, you guys are all doing awesome! Oh, and you can put me down on your list as Gandalf and Gollum, falather = )
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 11:12
Okay, you're 'officially' on The List, Euvronwen! I think that we've got a Sam and Merry, too...
~elvellon~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 12:49
Hi, i was wondering if you guys needed an Arwen, or a Rosie Cotton, if you did i would be glad to play them, or if you're in need of anyother characters i would be more than happy to look into it. Just let me know if any other characters are available, if you need them, thanks!

[Edited on 8/10/2004 by ~elvellon~]
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 05:53
Hello. i will be playign Sam and Merry
~elvellon~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 06:13
(umm, i think they already have a sam and a merry, but i could be wrong. )
~Stella~
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 11:27
I asked the starter of the post and he/she said i could have them both.
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 12:44
Yeah, I was playing Sam for a while (not in first person- just through mention), but I'd be glad to have some company. Actually, silvan_elf_princess started this thread- I'm just helping out. I'm a 'she,' too.

Hey, ~elvellon~! No, we don't have either of those characters yet, so I think you could take them. I'm not sure you'd have much to do for a while, though- we've been going by the books and they come in later on- but you could play Treebeard, Saruman, Grima, or one of the Rohirrim if you'd like.

Welcome to you both!

~elvellon~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 08:31
Sure i'd love to thanks! so i will be playing Arwen, Rosie (at the end ) and a Rohiric person, cool! Can't wait! the only problem is i dont know when to have Arwen kind of pop in, like in TTT, she is kind of in and out, so maybe whoever plays Aragorn could help me with that. Thanks!
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 09, 2004 03:15
Well, since we're going after the books we won't need Arwen until the very end. But cool that you're playing an Rohirrc person, Éowyn (=me) might need some company before meeting Aragorn and getting all depressed
~elvellon~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2004 06:13
i could play Eomer, if no one has taken him yet! (for the rohirric person )

[Edited on 12/10/2004 by ~elvellon~]
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2004 01:42
Hey! Sorry I took so long to reply- real life has been kind of maddening.

I don't think we have an Eomer yet, but let me check on that and I'll get back to you.

As far as your Arwen post goes, it was really good. The only thing I would say is that we've mostly been writing in first person so far. Meaning, you'd write "I walked through the trees, my bag slung on my shoulder," instead of "Frodo (or whoever you're playing) walked through the trees, bag slung over his shoulder."

I don't think that it would be a problem if you wanted to play Eosank or Freda- they weren't mentioned in the book, but it's certainly possible that there were people like that at Helm's Deep, since there were some refugees from the Westfold already there when Aragorn and all those folk arrived, if I remember correctly. So if you'd feel more comfortable with a character like that, I say go for it, as long as you're okay with not actually fighting in the battle and all . Just remember the differences between the books and the films (i.e. no Elves at the battle, Eomer fights at Helm's Deep and Gandalf brings Erkenbrand at the end...) . You could also make up your own Rohirric soldier if you really wanted to fight, and then he could follow the army to Minas Tirith so you'd have something to do during RotK. Just a thought. We also need a Bergil for RotK, if you're interested.
~elvellon~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2004 03:07
Thanks for the info, i will write in first person from now on,
~Stella~
Send Message
on: October 12, 2004 04:04
I'll post as soon as I can
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2004 09:14
Sorry folks, I'm off-line, again...

I hope to be on soon enough! Promised!
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email