Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Starry Night OOC
on: October 13, 2004 12:12
I'll be gone from 15th-24th, I might find the time to squeeze a post in, but I doubt I can write a good death scene for beloved Boromir during that time. Can you wait with his death until I'm back? Would be lovely! :love:
~elvellon~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2004 01:24
(Hi guys, i am going on a trip and will be gone from this Thursday to next Thursday, so i wont be able to post till next Friday, so i will try and post then )
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2004 11:41
Actually, Nifredil, we didn't think you were coming back, so we kinda asked someone else to play Merry...I'm sorry...:blush: Would there be someone else you'd want to play?

Hope you have fun on your trip, ~elvellon~, and you, too, Sindaeririel!

[Edited on 18/10/2004 by falather]
~elvellon~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2004 06:20
I'm back! i just have to wait for another moment to bring another Arwen post in.
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2004 03:08
Hey! We're glad you're back, ~elvellon~! I don't think you really have to wait to post for Arwen- she's not on any specific time frame or anything, so it's pretty much whenever you feel like writing something.
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 08:33
Hey I'm back! No idea how far we are right now, haven't checked that yet, just wanted to announce my return going to check the thread and maybe post something now.
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 12:52
Welcome back! Let's see...the Orcs just showed up and Frodo's heading for the boats and Sam's going to be there soon, Merry and Pippin are in the woods, Aragorn's fighting Orcs...Uhm...that's about it. By the way, nice post, ~elvellon~!
~elvellon~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 01:39
Thanks! this time i did it in first person
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 30, 2004 05:44
Hey just wanted to say - Boromir is not dead, just unconscious He'll die in my next post I suppose :cry:
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2004 01:08
*sniff* :sob: He was such a decent person...It's a shame to see him go.

By the way, I loved the joint post, happy_dawg86 and Vende! The characters' personalities really work well together the way you wrote it. *sniff* And Sam's so sweet! That was a cool action sequence, yankeegirl!

[Edited on 30/10/2004 by falather]
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2004 02:18
Hey everyone! I miss you guys, so felt like dropping in for a quick second t say Hi!!!
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 31, 2004 06:59
Hello Aniron :wave:
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2004 01:00
Hi! :wave:
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 01:30
*sniff* That was SOOOO sad, Sindaeririel! Poor Boromir! :cry: :sob:
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 03:15
I agree with you, falather! Poor guy :cry: In the movie, this scene is the hardest to watch for me, I haven't cried so far but there I'm closest to it and always have to squeeze the arm of whoever is sitting next to me while watching it
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 03:52
I know...:cry: But at least you've got Faramir and Eowyn to play now.

Hmmm...I'm not sure how closely we want to follow the timelines set out in the book or whether we want to follow them at all, but if anyone's interested, here's where we stand:

February 26: Breaking of the Fellowship.
Merry and Pippin: "Captured at noon. Skirmish in valley at dusk. No camp."
Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli: "Travel late afternoon to dusk of next day. Hills, then plain."
Frodo and Sam: "Travel 1 p.m. to dusk in Central Eastern Emyn Muil."

February 27:
Merry and Pippin: "Travel midnight to dusk. South edge of Downs."
Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli: "Still traveling."
Frodo and Sam: "Travel dawn to dusk by cliff."

Hopefully, I'm not over-complicating this...I'm not trying to- the only reason I bring it up is 'cause the stories move at such different paces now and I didn't know how picky you guys wanted to be. So whatever you think would work best for the sake of the storyline is okay with me. :feedback:

[Edited on 7/11/2004 by falather]
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 11:39
Thanks for posting this Falather! It's interesting to know that we're in February It might help me if I describe Éowyn's outfit Until they've met I'll do it just like the Arwen posts, just slip in a Éowyn or Faramir post whenever I think it's ok, right?
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 02:30
Yeah, it's kinda weird to think of it being in the middle of winter (at least I thought so). I suppose it wouldn't be nearly as cold in Rohan and Gondor, since they're further south and all, so that maybe that's why you don't really notice it.

And if you're posting for Eowyn until Aragorn and Legolas and Gimli get to Rohan, I could posting for Theoden once in a while so you'll have someone to talk to. Might be good for me to start getting to know him, too, since we'll be writing so much together now. (Ugh...referring to my characters as real people again...)
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 05:10
I dunno, if the timing thing happens, it happens. If it doesn't then I don't think it's a big deal. I think things will pretty much fall into place anyway.
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 11:20
And if you're posting for Eowyn until Aragorn and Legolas and Gimli get to Rohan, I could posting for Theoden once in a while so you'll have someone to talk to. Might be good for me to start getting to know him, too, since we'll be writing so much together now. (Ugh...referring to my characters as real people again...)

Ohh that sounds like another PM-post maybe we could make a longer conversation between them somewhen, don't you think? Hmm let's see... I might make a Faramir-post now...
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2004 01:05
Excellent idea! We've got time, and it will be kind of nice to see the characters 'at home' (so to speak) before they go racing off on adventures again.

And poor Faramir! He has such a hard time.
NamikoIolana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 07:54
I'm silvanelfprincess, but I had to change my username. It's a long story.

Anyways, I'm back! Thanks to yankeegirl for watching over the elf for me, but I can pick him up where we've left off!

I'm so sorry that I haven't been around, but I'll try to do better. I promise! *goes over to post in Starry Night*
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 10:40
Hey it's great to see you again silvan! :love:
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 04:41
Yay! We missed you, silvan!

Sindaeririel, I was thinking...if you wanted to do a joint post with Theoden and Eowyn, we could start writing a bit before Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas, and Gimli get to Edoras and finish up as they arrive. It might give help set the scene a bit. Just a thought.

And welcome back, Euvronwen! I think you're going to be a great Gollum...
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2004 05:49
It'll be good to have you back, Silvan!

Falather suggest that maybe I take Eomer instead of her, since I have a little bit of a 'volatile' temper like he does. :rolleyes: I'm not sure if I'm going to yet, but I thought I'd warn you all in case I decide to.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 09:28
'K folks!

Vende PM'ed me reminding that I had volunteerd once to play Eomer, and I would really love to.
But you have me confused. Are we going by books of movies then? If I remember clearly, in the beginning it was decided that it would be books, but all the conversation Eomer takes part in the Starry Night is from the movies, which is very different from the books.

Please, enlighten me! :blush: :banghead:
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 11:30
Hey guy I know I haven't been here for ages, but my life was really chaotic in the last month... I promise I'll be more active again!
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 02:28
Don't worry about it, Sindaeririel- we understand chaos, and you've kind of been waiting for something to do, anyway.

I'm so glad we found someone to play Eomer, Nifredil- this will be great! Anyways, we've kind of been doing some weird hybrid thing- mostly the books, but with little pieces of the films sprinkled in. I was playing Eomer for a few posts and just basically making it up as I went, but if you'd prefer to use one version or another, I don't think it would be a problem. The only thing I would say is that Eomer is at Helm's Deep from the beginning in the books and he comes in later in the films, so I'd probably go by the books for that part if I were you (I'm not, of course, but that way you could fight the whole battle instead of just a section of it ). But it's up to you, really.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 02:49
I would prefer to go by the books, and not only because of this one reason.

OK, I'll figure out how to go on.

What I need to know is if Yankeegirl wants to write that moment of Aragorn declaring his true identity, for it is quite impressive in the book! Or we could just go on... What do you say, yankeegirl?
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2004 03:36
Ugggg.....Sorry I've been gone so long- I had a major debate meet Friday and Sautrday and didn't have any of the cases written... :blush: My own silly fault, of course...

Anyway, I hope you didn't mind me borrowing Gollum for a little bit, Euvronwen- I can always edit it if you want.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email