Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Starry Night OOC
on: August 06, 2004 01:31
I think we should probably figure out who's got Merry first, then if Nifredil doesn't have Merry she can take Gollum. Aniron's on vacation,(I think....) though, and it was only a suggestion, so if anyone doesn't wanna do it that way thas fine. ^_^
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 03:04
Sindaeririel, you'll make a wonderful Faramir!

By the way, I loved your last post for Legolas, Silvan_Elf_Princess! Hee-hee...I thought the Gimli-falling-for-Galadriel thing came off very well! Very subtle, but quite effective!
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 04:08
Aniron says Nifredil can go ahead and have Merry back.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 08:57
Yay! Great! So, I am giving up Gollum to Euvronwen... Can I still keep Eomer?
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Euvronwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 02:58
Yay! Thanks Nifredil!
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 05:00
I don't see why not, Nifredil. And I'm glad we finally got this cleared up.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2004 12:28
But... What is Aniron going to play?
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 13, 2004 10:52
And another quick post... I know I don't write anything effective right now, just wanted to say I'll be back tomorrow and probably write a nice post. Have to catch up with everything first but afterwards I'll write something No one for Éowyn yet? (Wow it took some time to find the accent on this keyboard ) I'd be more than pleased to take her too And what do you think about my idea to write Boromir's death (*sob*) together with Yankeegirl? Would be best I suppose...
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2004 03:55
I don't know if Aniron will play anyone. She seems really busy right now, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I don't think we have anyone for Eowyn, Sindaeririel and I think it would probably be most effective if you wrote boromir's death scene with Yankeegirl. (Oh, how I will miss him!!! :sob: )
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 14, 2004 10:50
Yes I'll miss honey too Maybe we could keep him as a ghost? (Yes I know that's a stupid Idea and I'm not going to try that )

Anyways... just wanted to announce that I'm back Not happy that I am, would have much rather stayed in Iceland but well, what can I do... at least I'll be online more often again. That's something, isn't it?
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2004 02:09
Welcome back, Sindaeririel! If you want, I'll have Frodo flash back to Boromir trying to take the Ring when he meets up with Faramir...It's not the same as having him hanging around as a ghost, but it might do...

You went to Iceland?! That's awesome! I bet it was beautiful...You're so lucky...But look on the bright side...you get to come home and post with us, and you have one of the coolest (and saddest :cry: ) death scenes in the whole story!

And we're glad to have you back, Nifredil! Pippin hasn't been able to get in nearly as much trouble with out you...

[Edited on 15/8/2004 by falather]
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2004 03:46
Yes, luckily in the movies Boromir lives on in flashbacks. He does really well for someone who died in the first film, actually; he gets appearances in all three. Oh, and of course we're glad to have you back, Sindaeririel!

Well, no Pippin hasn't been getting in much trouble, but he HAS been annoying Merry a lot. It'll be nice ot have someone to actually converse with, though, instead of making all of this weird stuff up myself. (I swear, sometimes it's like they have minds of their own, though. Definitely strange.)
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 10:21
I swear, sometimes it's like they have minds of their own, though. Definitely strange.

Either that, or they're taking over your mind! :evil:
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 12:29
Iceland was *lovely*! Wait, I have a few pictures uploaded...

http://de.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/midgards_finest/my_photos
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 03:45
Your pictures are wonderful!!! Iceland is sooooooooo pretty...I want to move! :cry:

Did you have any ideas as to how you wanted to do the whole Boromir-taking-the-Ring-from-Frodo thing? I didn't know if you were mostly going to go from the books or the films, or what...and would you want to do the post via PM, since it's kind of back and forth for a while...? Just throwing some ideas around...
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 04:18
Well... I just re-read the passage. is there a difference between the book- and the movie-version? Of course, the book version is longer, but it's pretty much the same. I didn't think of it until you said it, but I think writing it together is the best (and probably only) way to do it, two different posts wouldn't be good... dunno, should we start with that now? We don't have much time until that scene should be posted. I've never written a post with another person before, so I'd be thankful if you could start, that ok? Just send me a PM with your ideas or howeveryou'd like to start, ok? And I should start thinking about how to write the death scene, that's going to be hard :S
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 04:24
Oh, and thinking about it... after darling Boromir has passed away, could I write some posts about Faramir being "humiliated" (don't know a better word right now) by his father and finding Boromir and wandering around in Ithilien etc, and Éowyn weary of tending Théoden and being stalked by Gríma? Don't want to leave this RP, even if it's just for a short while
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 03:45
I kinda thought the book Boromir was a little less...subtle about the whole Ring-thing, and it did take a lot longer...I definately think you should post for Faramir starting with him finding Boromir and all -or- do something with Eowyn...perhaps you could alternate between the two? Ugh...come to think of it, writing a death scene in first person is going to be weird, and possibly quite challenging... :dizzy:
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 05:24
Challenging? Indeed, I'm sooo nervous, no idea how to write it :S Not sure if I manage to write poor Boromir an appropriate death scene...
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 09:19
ACK! Hey guys, sorry I haven't been back here for so long! Yes I was on vacation. And also yes, since I've been home, I've been busy with managing my own RP. So I am totally ok with giving Merry back, I think it's best since you've already 'developed' him as a character, and it would be akward for me to take him on in the middle of the story and try to "find him" for myself, ya know? So I don't know who i am going to play now, are there any characters left?
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2004 03:45
Hmmm...well, we still don't have a Sam or a Gimli...then there are the other characters from Rohan (Gamling and Hama and alll), and Saruman and Grima are up, too. And Beregond is still open, but he's only in the third book...some of Faramir's Ranger friends are in TTT (is it Anborn...Amborn...something like that...?), but they don't have very big roles, though I suppose you could expand on them...Oh, and we don't have a Denethor yet!

I think those are all the people still open, but I'm probably forgetting someone... :dizzy:

And I'm sure Boromir's death scene will be wonderful (not meaning that it's wonderful that he dies or anything, just that it will be wonderful to read ). You've done a great job with him so far, so I think you'll be able to handle it...
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 09:19
You mean we don't have a Sam or a Gimli as in, someone gave them up, or no one ever took them in the first place so you guys have been including them into your posts? Well either way, I think I could take one of them, and while I would prefer Sam, I think I would do better with Gimli, since Sam is (in my opinion) such a huge role. But one of the Rohan characters might be nice, or even Denethor... well falather and vende, since you two kind of know me, who do you think I might be best at?
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2004 04:17
We don't have them as in no one ever took them...I've been including Sam in my posts- he talks to Frodo so much that it wasn't a big deal...But I never did him in first person, so you wouldn't have much of an adjustment to make if you wanted to take ol' Sam. silvan has been doing the same thing with Gimli, but she's done a few posts in first person with him...

Hee, hee...Denethor is fun to play because you get to be crabby and mean to everyone...:evil: And he's got such a different personality- a very strong one, if you understand- that he's a very interesting person to play. But if you wanted to take him and Sam or Gimli, you probably could because they're never in the same place, and they tend to be doing things at different times. But whoever you feel most comfortable with...I think you'd do a nice job with any of the characters...And you've still got Galadriel for the gift-giving scene and all, so you've got a little while to think on it.

Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2004 04:55
Uhm.... I think you'd probably do well with anyone, Aniron, but Gimli seems like he would suit you. Just because he has a kind of exaggerated and prominent personality, and you seem very energetic so it would probably be an easy role to take. Y'know what I mean? But whoever you would be most comfortable with is what matters, I guess.
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2004 09:52
thanks to both of you for helping me out. I've thought on it a bit, and I think I might like to take Gimli perhaps. if that's ok with silvan. I do also think it would be a lot of fun to play Denethor. I'll think about it a little bit more.... in the mean time, is Galadriel's scene coming up soon? Well, i guess I can find that out myself.... Thanks again everyone.
Aniron
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 04:38
Hihi, please take Denethor and be *very* mean to myFaramir so that he can think very often "Oh I wish Boromir was still here..." and then include a few memories of his wonderful brother, so Boromir won't disappear completely
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 04:47
*sniff* But it's mean to be mean to Faramir, because he looks so sad and forlorn in the movie when he says, "You wish now that our places had been exchanged...That I had died and Boromir had lived..." and then Denethor says, "Yes. I wish that." (I cried at that part, too...)

And I think that we'll be getting ready for the gift-giving soon...We've kinda packing the canoes and all right now, but it should be coming up soon. It's going to be so weird not having the rest of the Fellowship to talk to once we get past Amon Hen...
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 22, 2004 12:26
Of course it's mean! Poor Faramir, this scene and the one when they kill Boromir are the worst scenes in the movies, I can't see them without wincing and squeezing the arm of whoever is sitting next to me! I didn't cry but it was awful But see it positive, we can have Boromir stick around!
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 05:19
Sure, Aniron! You can have Gimli, but it'll take some extra coordination to do some of the posts, because he and Legolas have quite a bit coming up when they're just talking.
Oh! And school's starting up again next week, so Aniron, if I'm never on, feel free to narrarate a bit of the Elf for me.
~Silvan
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 09:58
Alright then, I'll take Gimli. Thanks! Don't worry Silvan, I've got your back.
And if you guys don't mind, I would also like to take Denethor, I think that role could be a lot of fun.

And P.S. I cried at that part too, falather. :cry:
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 03:59
Well, it's so sad! Like, stick-a-dagger-in-your-heart sad! And I'd like to know just what kind of a father Denethor thinks he is. I bet he wasn't hugged enough as a child, or maybe he's feeling inferior because he's not the 'official' king. But he should get over it, and at any rate, he shouldn't beat up on Faramir, because I say so.

Question: How much were we going to 'script' this, meaning after the Fellowship breaks and we're scattered through all the ends of Middle-earth and all? Were we going to try and stick with each other day-by-day, or just enough that we meet up at the correct place at the correct time? Am I making sense, or no? Cause' I know what I'm trying to ask, but I'm not sure if I'm asking it right... I was just curious...

Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 04:21
HEY!!! You're a meany, falather! It was I who said Denethor was never hugged as a child. So NOW you choose to listen to my logic, huh? :nono: You should be ashamed.

And, like I said, falather, I think that's just one of those things where if it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't it's no big deal. (She's trying to ask if we're going to try to have all the events going on at one time correspond.)
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 08:55
Wow, that's going to be hard... But I guess we'll have to try. Anyway, we can't go the Tolkien's way now, first following the hobbits, then the rest of the Fellowship. Maybe there is one with the books at hand who could inform us in the OOC about the events that are to take place now, and later...

Did you get me? I hope I managed to explain...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 05:19
I was thinking that Sam and Frodo could pretty much be on their own for now. In logic, we'd all have to finish our halves of the book at approximately the same time, because Faramir meets up with Sam and Frodo, and then with Denethor in Minas Tirith. For the rest of the company (Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Merry, Pippin), I was thinking that when the Three Hunters finished their first two chapters in the book, it would be a good time for Merry and Pippin to finish theirs (which happen to be chapters three and four in the first half of the book). If that makes any sense, that is. I think it'd be a good idea to keep in mind what all the other groups are doing at the time, but if we get off by the day to day thing, I don't think it'll hurt us too much.

Oh, I don't mean to disappoint you, but Denethor is supposed to be mean to Faramir. I think he's kinda upset cause his wife died. There's something in the appendix right before the tale of Aragorn and Arwen about this.
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 02:54
That sounds good to me...I've got a book (somewhere...) that has a listing of where everyone was on what day...I could post little bits of that here if we needed something to sort of keep us all on the same brainwave-length thing (if you need me to)...It's also in the appendices, too...not sure exactly which section, though, but I know it's in there...

I think trying to keep it literally day-by-day would be kind of tough, because there are times when one day is going to take a loooooooong time to write (Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith...), but it seems like we could have things roughly match up if we moved at the same general pace, since some groups will be moving along quickly at first and will get slown down later, and other groups will be moving slowly at first and then will speed up later...At least, I think that should work...

Yeah, I know about Denethor's wife...Kind of a sad story in itself, her being so far from home and all *sniff*...I can understand why he's upset... Denethor's such a complex character- you should be able to get some really interesting posts out of him, Aniron!

*sigh* I have to go back to school tomorrow...This summer went by so quickly!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email