Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: It Begins with an Ale (Please read OOC)[OPEN]
on: January 03, 2005 08:43
Ooc - I'm sure I will. I have all sorts of strange plans getting cooked up for this thread, should be interesting.

Ic - "Poor Walnut then." Hama muttered as he swung down leading his stallion into the stables.
After he had rubbed down his horse and provided all the stalls with fresh water, hay and oats he sauntered back into the barracks where he found Hathien sat, fuming quietly away on her bed.
Silently he set about brewing up a fresh pot of Kaffe and generally tidying up about the place before he sat down with his legs stretched before him, waiting to see what would happen.

Back on the border run Thon urged his horse beside Caramon.
"I repeat," He whispered, "Walnut's changed."
"Aye." Caramon's eyes were dark with worry, "He would never have considered a Devil's pact like that before." He shook his head.
Thon cocked his head to one side, his attention caught, "Before what?"
Caramon guestured to the land around them, "All this! I saw him before his platoon got posted here (he was promoted while here and told to stay) and he was as happy go lucky as ever. Something in this place had changed him so much for the worse."
"Or someone." Thon mused, more to himself than his friend.

The rest of the run passed without incident. Walnut was out of sorts, well, more out of sorts than usual and snapped at anyone and everyone, was first off his horse when they arrived back and darted straight into the office when his horse was stabled.
Thon quickly followed him and looked over to Hathien, she seemed to be in slightly less of a foul mood, only slightly mark you, and he decided to approach her. What he had to aks could precious little wait anyway.
"Hathien."
"Hmm?"
"I need to speak with you." He cast a glance around at the others as they filed in, "Alone."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 09:45
Ooc - Oooh. Strange plans, eh? Fun fun! :love:

Ic - Releasing an almost troubled sigh, Háthien gazed up at the only ranger or man, for that matter, to actually make her feel wobbly in the knees. Her eyebrow was arching dangerously skywards in a look most came to know as her trademark. "You're forgetting one thing, Ethoner," she said, her heated tone cooling slowly. "I'm not allowed outside." The last bit spoken was dreadfully wry as though she lamented her current situation. Which she may have.

"Well, come along, Thon. Either sit down or speak your mind from where you are." The Elf paused, studying his grim features. "Then again, perhaps you'd prefer heading outside? 'Though, it'd probably hear us just as well from out there." When he gave her an inquiring look, she just smiled soberly and, dare I say it?, wearily. Whatever was afoot around here was weighing somewhat heavily on little Háth's heart.

Ooc - *pokes shortness and proceeds to strangle her muse*
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 09:04
Ooc - Put that muse down now! The poor girl doesn't deserve to be abused when she's just come up with a deep and meaningful post that could be referred back to nicely. You really don't do your writing justice Hath, it's great! :heart:

Ic - Thon sighed and dropped to the bed beside her, his large hands finding her small, soft ones and cupping them lovingly.
"Normally I'd say don't mind Walnut, or forgive him he'll be sorry later. But I can't so that this time. This isn't Walnut, something strange is going on that has effectively turned him into a different man. A man to whom Honour, Duty and the Ranger's Oath mean something entirely different." Again the heartfelt sigh that seemed to come all the way from his boots, "I need to know Hathien. Is there anything you can tell me about this area, it's lore, anything?"
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 09:35
Ooc - *drops muse like it's suddenly become a hot potatoe* Well now I don't know about that. Doesn't suit me... but then I doubt any of me own writing would. *strokes her muse lovingly and promises never to strangle her again*

Ic - Háthien looked at him long and hard. She was uncharacteristically somber, her ocean-born eyes bearing clouds that forebodied trouble. After letting escape a worried sigh, she squeezed his larger hands and proceeded to tell him whatever she could. "Ethoner, I have been here before and I know things most don't about this race of people. Although, my knowledge of their lore is limited, I can tell you that they are a wicked race. They are ruthless and cold-hearted." The petite Elf paused, sending a quick glance around the place. "There's some sort of malice present. I can sense it even here. Even in these walls. It's a dark and hellish thing. And, little would it surprise me if we were to learn that they worship the Dark Lord."

It was a malice, alright. One that seemed to strangle the Noldo like a noose that grew slowly tighter. It was squeezing her heart; so much that it nearly hurt to breathe. Háthien had, with good reason, a low tolerance level as of late. Especially with this Captain Walnut. It was no wonder she few off the handle when he announced the agreement that had been reached between the ranger outpost and those seedy thugs.

She hated to say it, but if His name were out in the open, then perhaps whatever this ghostly presence was would grow in intensity. Perhaps not, but it was worth a shot. "Sauron works in ways no man would understand. He can easily ensare his victims without their knowledge and before they realize it... he has you." Háthien shook her head in lament and permitted her gaze to fall to the floor boards.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 09:17
Ooc - Lord! That was a bizarre bit of OOC! Fun though.
And thankyou for naming Sauron, it's suddenly made my life a lot easier, I now don't have to create and name an original villain!

Ic - Thon gently took Hath's chin in his long fingers and raised her head so that he could see into her eyes. Suddenly, as their eyes met Thon gasped and his grip on Hath's hand tightened. He could feel what she could! The feel as of iron bars constricting his heart, the dark presence asmost palpable in the room, the utter desolation it brought with it.
Blinking and taking a deep gulp of air he came back to himself, his admiration and respect for the diminutive Elf before him increasing a thousand-fold.
"Melleth nin, he will not have us. You and me both know him now. We can resist," He raised his other hand to her face, "We will resist." Slowly he leant in to her and tenderly brushed her lips with his own.
"Ethoner!"Thon's head jerked up to see Walnut standing the other side of the chest that separated Hath's bed from the rest of the room, "That is not appropriate behaviour from a Ranger in his barracks! Especially with someone under dicipline like dear Hathien here."
Thon stood, towering over his stocky Captain. "Sir."
"To your bunk Ranger. Any more infractions like this and you'll find something a little more than a rude interruption come your way!"
"Sir." Thon's face was impassive as Walnut turned away but, as soon as he could no longer see the tall Ranger hestuck his tounge out at his retreating back. "What? I can still get annoyed with him, even if he isn't himself."
Running his hand comfortingly down Hath's cheek Thons tomped away to his bunk where he threw himself downa nd began to sharpen the various knives that hung at his belt.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 09:59
Ooc - Hehe. I tend to be random like that. And, Sauron just seemed to be perfect for the situation... seeing as how the Haradrim were supposed to be paying tribute to him. *dances around, tossing flower petals everywhere*

Ic - With a playful grin, Háthien watched Thon trudge back to his bunk, feeling like poking her own tongue out at the oddly-acting captain. This was getting to be rather draining.

Allowing herself to fall back on to the blanketed cot, the slight-framed Elf sighed heavily and closed her eyes. She could see why Walnut acted the way he did, but that didn't excuse him in the least. And, now Ethoner better understood this feeling of captivity. Of... hopelessness. Although, that wasn't what it really was. Whatever sort of deep, dark malice this was, it was to blame for such emotions. It caused one to feel this way. Yet, it was worse for Háthien, partly because the workings of the spirit world had always been known by her. It didn't make it any easier to bear, but at least she knew what she was up against.

"Ya línna ambanna tulinuva nan," she whispered, wryly in the old elven tongue. And, it was true; what goes up must, eventually, come down. It was her way of saying 'That's life. What're you going to do about it?' Things like this had to happen. You could call it Fate. Or, if luck was more of your belief system, then you could say it was in the cards. Háthien didn't care either way. It was happening, wasn't it? And, she just had to roll with the punches.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2005 09:10
Ooc - Hey, we love randomness. I've spent most of today, first day back at school, trying to avoid getting jumped on by one of my madder friends. UP INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!

Ic - Why?!
This single word pounded itself around Thon's brain, once he had finished silently detailing the things he would like to do to Walnut with a hot poker of course.
Why had Walnut so readily thrown away the honour that was supposed to be his life? Why had Sauron shown even a flicker of interest in a backwater Ranger Captain, far from any route the One Ring was likely to take? And, this one most of all, Why had he let Hathien here? He should have stopped her. He had broguht her here into this atmosphere that he could sense was slowly smothering her. He cast a glance over at her pale, drawn face and kicked himself for being the cause of it.
Sighting down his blade to satisfy himself with its edge Thon sighed. He could do nothing tonight and Walnut was going out with the border patrol tomorrow morning, he could satisfy his curiosity then. In the meantime he had better get some sleep.
Shaking his head he removed his knife belt, lay down and let sleep take him.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2005 10:19
Ooc - Yes, yes. Randomness is fun!

Ic - Háthien glanced over at Thon as she sensed him drifting off into slumber. He felt guily and she knew it. But, if he could only see that, one, it wasn't his fault. And, two, it seemed to be fate. Maybe something would come of this. Maybe it wouldn't.

'What are you going to do, Háthien? Hmm? Lay there and pretend you can't do anything about this?'

The Elf jolted upright like she'd been bitten. By doing so, she'd required a few stares from some of the rangers that had not yet fallen asleep.

'Dimath?' She responded, mentally. Quite positive from whence the telepathic voice came. A pleasant laughter echoed around her skull.

'Yes, Narlambe. Who else?' Dimath addressed her fire-haired relation with the nick name she had given her centuries ago. 'Now that you know I am with you, are you going to get off of that bunk? Or do I have to give you a swift kick in the pants, too?'

Háthien grinned discreetly. 'I'd like to see you try it.' But before her good friend and kinswoman could answer, she quickly replied. 'Actually, no, I wouldn't.' And, pulled herself from the bed. Moving slowly, she meandered past the sleeping Ethoner and towards Walnut's office. At the door, she knocked quietly, but boldly none-the-less.

Ooc - Narlambe = Fire-tongued. And, Dimath is my other charrie, a relative of Háth. She's in the database, if you'd like to have a look.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2005 08:57
Walnut looked up from the reports and other paperwork cluttering his desk when several quiet knockes sounded on the door.
"Enter."
He had been hoping to see one of the Rangers, he was feeling the strain of what he was doing and felt that a good talk with one of them about old times, or even new times, would be enough to lighten his spirit and preserve his sanity. What little he had left of it. Instead that Elf stood in the doorway, her innocent eyes and small frame belying just how much aggravation she could cause.
What now! He momentarily rolled his eyes heavenwards, She's all I need. She knows something!
"Yes Hathien?" His voice was gruff, "What can I do for you?"
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2005 10:33
"Captain," this time she used it in the respectful manner it was meant for, "I wanted to talk to you. Apologize even..."

Háthien took a few steps into the room, shutting the door behind her. She had caught the look in his eyes and it didn't take empathy to know his aggravation.

She inhaled a deep breath. This was going to be hard for her. "I... I was wrong to confront you, especially there. You have your reasons I suppose. So, please, allow me to apologize and say that I am very sorry for questioning your authority. I've set the wrong example for your rangers." At the conclusion of her uncomfortable, mini speech, Háthien looked rather pointedly at him. And, she didn't know exactly what posessed her to bring it up, but she did.

"Would you like to know?" The Elf gazed at him, seemingly leaving it at that. But, right before he opened his mouth to reply, she continued. "I feel it."

Ooc - sorry, it's so short. I've got one of those preoccupied feelings where it's impossible to concentrate. :banghead:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 09:28
Ooc - Yeah, I hate it when that happens.

Ic - Walnut did not need to ask what she meant ((I hope!)) and hsi mouth went dry at the thought. He stared into Hathien's eyes and saw, deep in them well, but not totally, masked, the strain that her feelings were placing on her spirit.
Suddenly the square, solid Ranger's composure broke and he dropped his head into his hands, drawing a deep, ragged breath.
"I'm sorry Hathien." He whispered, "I'm sorry. He's too stong... too strong. I can't fight him... no one can. He knows... he knows..." His head snapped up and he caught Hath's gaze with his. His eyes were not just dark, they were like black pits, staring into the living hell that he was forced to endure, "You've been here too long!" He stood up so fast that his chair toppled over backwards, "He'll find you! He'll take you!" He rounded the desk and began to advance on Hath, "Save youself! Leave!" He grasped her arm with one hand and the door handle with the other, "Leave!" He pulled the door open and pushed her through, "Leave!" The door was slammed shut.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 09:54
Ooc - Thank the powers I am much better today.

Ic - Háthien was a little confused, a little worried, but mostly aggravated. Turning on her heel, she faced the door and knocked like a woman posessed. Little good it did, but she needed, at least, some time to think.

Going up against Sauron, who she assumed Walnut meant by 'He', was like taunting Wargs while your clothes were made of meat. What in Eru's name was she supposed to do?! She was an Elf, not a Wizard. Her mind spun like the very depths of a whirlpool. It wouldn't do to get the rangers involved; if she did that, she might as well send them all to their deaths. If it was truly Sauron, what exactly would he do now that she knew? This was Harad; he had allies here. By morning they could all be dead... which brought up a rather good point - just what happened to the other bunch that was here before them?

Háthien put a hand to her brow. She was jumping to conclusions and that wouldn't help anybody. "Blast it all, Captain! Open the door, or so help me, I will do my best to ruin whatever plans that monster has in mind!" Needless to say, she was planning to do that very thing anyway. Every ranger in the entire place was probably awake and curious to know what was happening, but she wasn't ready to face them just yet. Maybe by screaming at him, she was hoping to draw him out. Maybe she was intent on suicide. Either way, if Sauron thought she'd let it go that easily, he was greatly mistaken.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 09:09
Ethoner drifted into conciousness to the sound of someone hammering for all they were worth on a door somewhere.
"Blast it all, Captain! Open the door, or so help me, I will do my best to ruin whatever plans that monster has in mind!"
Ah, Hathien.
Groaning the tall Ranger swung his legs our of bed and padded, barefoot to where the small Elf maid stood, pounding on Walnut's door.
"Hathien." He grabbed her hand as it stroked down to hit the door again, holding her firmly by the wrist until she seemed to relax slightly, "What in the name of the Valar are you up to? It's the middle of the night!"
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 11:56
"Don't you think I know what time it is?!" Háthien had relaxed a bit, but still looked like she could hit someone. Little or no, she was one irritated she-Elf. "If you'd like to know what's going on, Ethoner, I'll tell you. I've incited Sauron, that's what I've done!"

The Noldo didn't know who to be angry with; Walnut just for being foolish enough to let the entire thing happen, Sauron because he simply had no right to live, and herself for no inparticular reason. With her wrist still captured in the ranger's large hand, she grasped a firm hold on his tunic with her free hand and forced him down to eye level. "Look, Ethoner..." She paused, studied him for a rather long moment and released him. "Just go back to sleep. I suppose I overreacted."

Ooc - AGH! *threatens to strangle muse* It just went kaputsky! I have no muse! She left me high and dry! :banghead:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 09:06
Ethoner sighed, knowing that Hathien would impart no more information, for now. Pulling her close her led her back to her lone bunk but wandered himself back to the common area.
Most of the men had settled down again, curious but knowing the show was over so no one was watching to see him stare at the embers for a long moment before running an exasperated hand through his hair and fairly botling through the door and into the yard, still barefoot.
Outside he darted into a long, low room just off the stables. Inside the mews the rustle of reathers and sleep jingle of harness were the only sounds as Thon pulled open one of the shutters, picked up a piece of parchment from the stack on a table, inked the quill beside it and began to write.

Tregallien.

I'm in Harad and I need your help.
We have a problem here. A big problem and I have need of someone who knows politics, the motivations of Evil and, prefferably, some magic on the side. You know I don't mean you, you ninny, although seeing you would be a pleasant destraction. No, I mean would you try and get that dotty old friend of yours out here ASAP?
Don't fail me old friend.
I need you.

Ethoner.

Rolling up the message he gently lifted one of the birds from its perch, tied the parchment to its leg, stepped outside and launched his messenger into the air with a cry of "Find him!"
Ethoner stood outside for a long time, watching the bird long after it had disappeared into the darkness.
However, just as the light was taking on its grey pre-dawn tinge, he shook his head and slowly went back into the welcoming warmth of the barracks.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 05:17
Ooc - Oooh, do we get to see Tregallien?! And, just who is this "dotty, old friend"? Hmm? *looks questioningly at Thon's 'mommy'*

Ic - Háthien had heard Thon depart; she had heard the noise of a bird in flight; and she had also heard him return to the softly lit barracks. During his rather long absence, she had set herself to staring like a brooding old man at the sharp, curved blade of the dagger that, at one point, had belonged to her grandfather. This wasn't a fair fight. If 'He' were here in the flesh, then the Elf could do something about it. But, warring with a shadow was all but impossible.

The youthful face of the Noldo was creased with worry and her aqua-colored eyes were clouded as she study the runed blade. Being the proud daughter of a race that had been quick to anger and quick to battle, Háthien was well taught in matters of weapons and war. If only she could fight it in that manner...

Of course, she was also quite familiar with the subject of spirituality and the topics that came with it. However, even Háthien was not equipped to stand up alone against something so powerful. Unless Ethoner would still enjoy her presence as an evil hag, which she doubted.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 09:10
Ooc - Hathien, you are a very strage girl love. But hey, aren't all my friends? Anyway, all will be revealed just as soon as I know what 'all' is myself.
And a warning, my posting may become erratic over the next few weeks as I have to revise for some of the most important exams I will ever take which are soon. EEK!! I'll try to come and see you, but I can't promise.

Ic - Light slowly crept in through the slatted shutters and men stirred as sleep left them, only to be replaced by a nameless sense of dread and confusion.
Something was not right in this place, a blind Dwarf could tell that, but this was something different. It seemed to strike at the very structure of the organisation that gave these battle hardened men something to live for, their Captain was uneasy and that in turn made them uneasy. This posting was turning out to be harder already that any of them had expected.

The day had worn to its prime without great mishap. A border patrol had gone out and come back with nothing to report, not even activity from Iznogud and his motley crew. Meals had been cooked and Kaffe drunk. Practise fights had been organised and Caramon had quickly dispatched the Rookies and Veterans alike until he found himself facing Thon.
Both men were dressed only in snug cotton leggings that allowed freedom of movement without keeping the heat in under the baking noonday sun and the two handed swords in their grasp glistened menacingly.
"Ready?" Thon stepped into the rough ring that had been drawn in the sand.
"As ever." Caramon grinned and assumed an attack stance.
The two squared off and began to circle, first one way, then the other. Each feignting and replying, trying to find a weakness that he could exploit.
Caramon tired first. With a wordless grunt he twisted hsi sword down then up, trying to get under Thon's guard but the big man saw it coming and sidestepped, the blade whistling harmlessly past his shoulder as he replied with a devastating backhand intened to smash the hilt of his blade into his opponents spine but Caramon, in an almost inhuman display of agility, bent his back out of the way and didn't lose his balance!
Suddenly a high, keening cry cut the air and Thon glanced skywards to see a dark shape spiralling towards the yard.
The next thing he knew he was lying sprawled in the dust as Caramon disentangled the flat of hsi blade from Thon's legs.
"That was quick." The tall Ranger commented, his meaning double. "There's a rematch on that later Caramon." He pointed in mock seriousness at his friend, "But first..." He held up his fist and let the hawk fly down to alight gently on his arm.
Untying the parchement he found on its leg he glanced over it, saw his own message then turned over in confusion.
"Oh!" There, on the other side was Tregallien's reply, the Elf's flowing handwriting calming him as he read it, almost as though the knowledge it imparted could change what was coming.

Thon.

It's funny you should say that.
Aiwendil has been getting a bit restless lately and has dragged me along on what I thought of as a pointless mission to, of all places Harad!
Your message implies that he was right, as always, and the thought that you are in trouble that only he can remedy quickens our pace as we near your Station. We should arrive in three days, all being well.

Look for us.

Tregallien.

"He's coming." Thon breathed as he crushed the parchment in his fist.

[Edited on 12/1/2005 by Alsin_of_the_Forest]
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 08:51
Ooc - Strange? Me? Strange? Well, thank you! And, don't worry about it. I understand how important those things are. Just promise me you'll come back when they're over! *goes all dramatic* *cough* Ok, I'm good now. Posty time!

Ic - The early afternoon sunlight seemed intent on broiling the occupants of the ghastly land, its rays as harsh and bright as the middle of August. Gil-calen dozed fitfully, her black and white pelt shimmering magically in the warm light. Acorn, in turn, had set about finding himself something to eat. And, last but certainly not least, Háthien had finally emerged from the suffocating enclosure the men seemed to call a 'barracks'.

Having heard a lull in the mock battle, the slim Elf had come to see what had made such a shrill cry. Although it was already evident, she glanced at Thon, cocked a brow and continued on her way into a extremely dusty patch of earth. It was decorated with gnarly trees, stunted by years of growth in the arrid heat of Harad, and small clumps of dry, pallid grass that grew nowhere except regions with little rainfall.

Háthien paused, but only slightly, when she came across a the long dead skeleton of a small tree. Unsheathing her twin daggers with split-second speed, she sent first one and then the other sailing towards the slender trunk. Both connected and sank deep within the dried bough. She proved she still had her precise elven accuracy, but it had done little to release the tension that echoed like a disease around her willowy but muscular frame.

The blue eyes that appeared as if they were born of the ocean itself raged like two great sea serpents that sought to vanquish anyone in their path. Háthien was simmering with the inward born, Noldorin anger. And, it was times like this that her grandmother would say that if she wasn't Fëanor incarnate than she was surely the last of his kin. Most times that had made Háthien laugh, but now, as she thought of it, it only infuriated her. The Elf stood, staring daggers at the two hilts that protruded from the tree, oblivious to any and everything.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 08:18
Slowly, as the men went back to their practise and spiritedly discussing who had come a gallant second to Caramon, Thon crept up behind Hathien mentally debating whether his planned action would get the desired effect or a punch in the gut, both seeming equally likely.
When he was scant inches behind Hath he raised his hands and placed them gently on her taught shoulders, trying to massage out the repressed, undirected rage he found there.

Ooc - Me too much kaputsky muse. Damn lady in floaty dress, THINK!!!!
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2005 08:58
Ooc - Maybe you'd like mine? *hands over fluffy ball of purple fuzz that has come to be known as her muse* Or maybe Musey can talk some sense into your's?

Ic - At the gentle touch of someone's large hands, Háthien tensed, her thoughts breaking like waves on rock. A thorough sequence of her spinning around, socking the offender in the abdomen and knocking him to the ground played through her mind like a dream. Yet, the slim Elf refrained, deciding the only one who would attempt touching her without a death wish was Ethoner. And, it wouldn't do to release her fury on him.

"Do you always sneak up on distracted Elves? Or is this just a recent pasttime?" She took a small step back, efficently closing the gap that the ranger had left between them. Tilting her head far enough to look up at him, Háthien grinned almost roguishly, though the unrestricted fury still simmered in her oceanic gaze. "You're lucky I don't swing without looking first." She winked playfully and relaxed into his soft caresses.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 09:23
Ooc - *considers bouncing fluffy ball of purple fuzz, decides against it and hands it back* No, thanks for the offer though. Mine just needs lack of revision and rehersals for school show. Much going on around about now.

Ic - "Hmm." Thon smiled indulgently, "I'm willing to take the risk." He planted a tender kiss on her sweet lips, "I just wanted to tell you. A friend of mine is coming with a friend of his. Once they arrive, things should at least get clearer, maybe even better."
"Oh?" Hath leant back into his massaging hands, letting some of her tension go, "And how do they intend to do that?"
"Well, those of the Istari tend to be good at things like this."
"The Istari!"
"Yes. Well, he's no Gandalf the Grey. Radagast is slightly dotty and liable to let his attention wander, but with someone keeping an eye on him he's not far off."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2005 10:10
Ooc - *takes back purple fluff ball and stuffs it in her pocket* I see The Lake Town Players is up and running again. I was wondering if it was ever to see the light of day again or if it was just going to fall into the old rp abyss like LCofE. *rather likes saying LCofE* LCofE. LCofE. LCofE. *giggles insanely*

Ic - "The Radagast? Radagast the Brown?" Háthien's was a look somewhere between awe and shock. She couldn't quite believe that any Istar was to be coming to Harad. However, she had heard nothing but kind things said of Radagast, even Gandalf spoke well of him. "Well, Thon, I don't know why this surprises me, but I suppose I hadn't assumed that you have connections with the Istari."

The Elf turned sharply on her heel and looked up at him, pointing the hilt of a previously hidden dagger into his chest. A playful though mock-serious grin danced across her soft, Noldorin features. "And, just when were you planning on telling me, eh?" She shook her head. "For shame, Thon. I should scewer you for that... and, I just might." She winked and kissed him. "What do you think of that?"
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 08:54
Ooc - Yah LTP is up again. The only trouble is that now I have to actually talk to my friends to find out about set design and remember about my Music GCSE to 'compose' things!

Ic - Thon grinned as he pushed back the lewd comment jumping up and down in his mind's eye. Instead he matched Hath's playful glare and answered, "I was going to tell you as soon as I knew if and when Tregallien was coming with old Aiewendil. Which I just found out now, and have told you."
Relaxing his hold on her Thon let his hands momentarily rest on her rump before letting go and turning back to the practise ring, "Now I owe Caramon a re-match. You ought to give it a go you know, I'd love to see him taken down a peg or two."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 03:05
Ooc - This is going to be a short post. Why? 'Cause I need breakfast! I've got a rumbly in my tummy.

Ic - Háthien's elven features twisted with a crooked, roguish smile. "I may have to take you up on that offer. As long as Caramon's game."

Turning back to the dead trunk which was still impaled with two noldorin daggers, she replaced the extra knife and yanked first one and then the other from the split bark. "I really should carry a sword with me..." The Elf glanced up at Thon. "My axe will just have to do, I suppose. Since I don't have intentions of killing your friend." She flashed him a smile, moving off towards the barracks.

"Feel free to go first. I'll be right out." And, with that she slipped into the bunkhouse.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 08:50
Ooc - Ooh, many things to say. 1 - You have been immortalised as a Sim since Christmas. I keep meaning to tell you and forget. 2 - I have some wonderful ideas for if and when Sauron himself comes into this, but I'm not telling you what they are. I'm just feeding the little plot bunnies until they grow HUGE!!! And 3 - West Side Story is great! I saw it last night and developed a crush on the guy who played Riff, whose name I don't even know! (Sad ain't I?)
MUST POST!!!!!

Ic - "I might just do that." Thon said to no one in particular. "Hey! CARAMON!"
"What?" The newly crowned champion called back from his spot near the water barrel.
"You up for that re-match?"
"Not now Thon. Try me after Tanis has had the horses out."
"Will do." Thon shrugged and sauntered to the rought fence that marked the edge of the Ranger's grounds.
"Come on Treg." He muttered, "We're needing you out here."
Shaking hsi head at his foolishness Thon turned round and began to watch the most 'horsey' of the group take each of the mounts out of the stables, one by one, and go through a quick but thorough training routine with each of them, ensuring that each horse would be trusting and well trained enough to carry its rider htrough anything any enemy might choose to throw at it.

Ooc - Gaak! Less imagination than an unimaginative thing!
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 09:27
Ooc - *bounces* A Sim?! Oooooh!!!!! I wanna know all about me! And, how dare you not tell me what the little plot bunnies names are! *pouts* Also, sad to say, but I've never seen West Side Story. Been meaning to, but I just haven't gotten around to it. *puts West Side Story on her to see list, 'specially since there's a cute guy in it*

Ic - Being the elven devil she was, Háthien came whistling almost too pleasantly out of the barracks, an obviously dwarven-crafted axe swinging about in her hand. "Oh, Caramon," she sang, her words dripping sweetness like venom. "Thon says you need taken down a peg."

She winked deviously at Thon, and meandered over to him. Leaning casually on the dwarven weapon, she watched the horses being put through their paces and remarked softly, "He'll be here. They both will. In the meantime, I had better call off Gil-calen before she decides to play with your friend's head."

"Gil-calen! Daro i!" Gil-calen, however, wasn't paying her little, elven friend any mind. She was harassing the other horses with carefully placed nips each time the ranger tried to work with one. Háthien reached down, pulled out a small tin cup (she always seemed to have the oddest things in her pockets) and aimed. After being hit rather hard in the head, Gil-calen paused, an incredulous look spreading over her equine features. "If you're going to hassle anyone, let it be an orc. They make much better sport anyway." The Elf said distastefully.

Ooc - watching PotC at the moment... that might explain my overly giddy mood... then again, I'm always like this. *nods and goes off to chat with the little voices*
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 09:00
Ooc - Well, you're a red head with wavy hair, nice body and baisic jeans and Tshirt. You're married to Thon (Surprise Surprise) and seem to have a thing for Public WooHoo. (that had nothing to do with me!)

Ic - Thon his grin behind his hand. He had already decided that being in the painted meara's bad books would not be a good thing.
Meanwhile Tanis had finished with each of the Rangers mounts and the messenger remounts and was debating whether or not to have a go with Gil-calen, who was still looking slightly stunned, but one step towards her turned onto two back when she made a definte move to bite a rather sensitive piece of anatomy.
"That's mine!" Was all he said as he jumped back, shook his head and retreated to watch what may turn out to be a good fight between Thon and Caramon.

"Come on then. I haven't go all day." Caramon drawled and he drew his sword and swung it in a lazy arc.
"Neither have I." Thon rolled his shoulders to loosen them, "I have to watch you get you comeuppance from a woman six inches shorter than you."
"Hey, I'm six inches shorted than you and I keep beating you into the ground!"
"I know." thon grinned cockily, "But I'm used to it. Everyone's shorter than me! It's all new to you!" On the last owrd of his sentence Thon lashed out at Caramon's legs, intending to sweep them from underneath him but Caramon hopped up and the blade sailed harmlessly though empty air.
"You'll have to do better than that!" He taunted and the battle began in earnest.
In all it lasted what seemed like hours but was only about ten minutes. At various points both combatants had been locked together in a bizarre embrace and both had come close to loss more than once.
Finally Thon backed away from a high attack by Caramon and spotted an opening in his guard, thrust his sword blade up and under his oppenents arms and stopped the heavy blade just short of opening his friend's ribcage.
"Gotcha." He smiled and stepped back. "Now, do you want a rest or are you up for a bit of cross weapons training?"
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 12:32
Ooc - hahaha!! "Public WooHoo"? haha!!! And, you had absolutely nothing to do with it? I'm sure...

Ic - Háthien, still chuckling at the reaction Tanis had given, swung aboard Gil-calen's broad, two-toned back. She knew what was coming and wanted a good view. After the meara's devious show, that wasn't too difficult to aqquire as most of the rangers moved out of her way.

During the mock-battle, the Elf had commented wittily on each combatants' manuevers and had found it especially amusing when they wound up in each other's embrace. She had hooted at those select moments, and Gil-calen had snickered in the language of horses. Acorn, too, had chuckled, his furry tail bobbing along with his fits of laughter.

Thon, despite the many instances when she thought he would lose yet again, had come out the victor. Both Elf and Meara cheered, making enough racket to wake the dead. "Congratulations on your win, Ethoner." She turned to Caramon, a devious grin playing across her face. "And, to you, friend, for your loss."

Háthien tapped Thon on the shoulder with her axe just then. "I think you've worn Caramon out. Eru knows he probably needs a rest." Pausing, she glanced over at the slightly shorter ranger. "Of course, should he surprise me and agree to another match... then I'd gladly give it a go."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 08:44
Ooc - I swear! I had nothing whatsoever to do with it but now have to indulge her or she goes gaga and starts romancing Mr Mop!

Ic - Caramon sheathed his sword and gladly accepted a dipper of water from one of the other Rangers.
"If it's all the same to you Hath I'll pass until tomorrow. I'm not afraid to admit that you scare me! I think it would be better to wait and meet you when I have a breath in my body."
As Caramon wne inside, taking most of the others with him, Thon reached up and draped his arm around Hath's waist, his eyes glinting in the ruddy light from the setting sun.
"Do I get a reward for coming out the glorious victor?" He grinned his charming, lopsided grin.

Ooc - ERK! Mind blank!!!
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 09:45
ooc - Mr. Mop? *giggles insanely and dances around with a mop*

Ic - A slender, arched brow cocked further towards the sky. A playful grin accompanied it. "A reward? And, you think you deserve a reward?"

Háthien wrapped her two, slender arms around Thon's neck, drawing herself closer to his ruggedly hansome face. "Well, I suppose all victors enjoy the spoils of war. Why should I deprive you?" She placed a brief but seductive kiss on his cheek. "Especially after such a hard-fought battle." She came even closer, her lips brushing his ear as the last few words flittered from her mouth.

Snorting loudly, Gil-calen took a few steps and, feeling her load shift, continued towards the stable. The Elf, still clinging to Thon, chuckled softly as she slipped from the mare's torso. Enfolding the towering ranger in a combination of skirts and legs, Háthien exclaimed dramatically, "Kiss me, you fool!"

Ooc - I figured poor Háth had better live up to her Sim. hehe!
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 09:52
Ooc - Scary you should do that cause she's just been promoted to junior officer in the army and the two characters now match up oddly well!

Ic - Smiling Thon leant into Hathien's kiss, his tounge gently parting her lips and his arms moving down to better support her against his tightly muscled torso.
Warming even more to the kiss he left her mouth and let his own lips wander to explore the sensitive curve of her delicatly pointed ears.
"Ethoner!!"
Thon nearly dropped Hathien as his heart leapt into his mouth from the abrupt shattering of the busy silence that had decended.
"Ethoner!" Hama's voice floated across the yard again, "Walnut wants to see you in his office. Now." The last word had an ominous ring to it.
Thon's eyes smouldered. "Just as it was getting good!" He commented as he slowly let Hath slip to the ground. Running his hand through her flaming curls he began to stride back into the barracks and straight to the office.
He knocked once.
"Come in."
Pushing to door open he spoke as he entered at attention. "You wanted to see me sir?"
"Close the door." Thon did as instructed, "You sent a message using one of the Station's hawks. An unauthorised message that you didn't even log. Who was it to and what did it say?"
"Sir." Thon retreated behind a mask of unbreakable professionalism, "I cannot disclose the content of the message as a point of honour but I can and will dosclose that it was to an Elven friend of mine, name of Tregallien Dreamguard."
"Why did he need a message from you?"
"Before I came here Tregallien and I had a fight that stained the honour of both of us. I was merely sending him an apology and clafication of the reasons for my actions."
"At two O'clock in the morning?"
"Hathien woke me and I couldn't get back to sleep. It seemed like as good a time as any."
"Well it wasn't. In future you will not send any communication without my express permission."
"Yes Sir."
"And for your transgression I will expect you to take full responsibility for the stables, mews and tack room tomorrow. I want everything mucked out, every piece of leather gleaming and all metal shining."
"Yess Sir."
"Dismissed."
Thon turned on his heel and opened the door, shutting it abruptly behind him.
"The little ****!!!"
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 08:07
Háthien, her bronze locks spilling down her shoulders like a fiery waterfall, muttered some elven curse under her breath. One, undoubtedly, that would have made a grown man blush. While Thon answered his captain's call, the Elf eyed Hama, whom looked slightly uncomfortable. As he turned to retreat back into the barracks, she caught the crook of his arm and spun him back around to face her.

"You have the absolute worst timing!" Háthien grinned wryly. "Is it you or the Fates that have some sort of dislike for me?"

Her right brow rose indignantly as she answered her own question. "I'd say you all were in cahoots." Pausing, she studied him, the head of her axe pointed directly at his face. She'd found that men were less likely to argue when one had a weapon. "Look, Walnut's been a bit... under the weather. Which, I'm sure, you've noticed. Do us all a favor. Keep an eye on him... at least, for your men's sake."

With that, the minute Noldo clasped him on the shoulder and wandered back into the station. Conveniently, just as Thon was coming out of Walnut's office. She smiled heartily when she heard the expletive. "I take it that it didn't go so well?"
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 09:12
Although Thon tried to keep the anger in his eyes he could not stop the wry grin that twitched at one corner of his mouth.
"You could say that." He plonked himself down beside the fire with a gusty sigh. "I swear that Walnut is starting to try and keep us under lockdown. Soon no one will breathe in this place without his say so."
"Don't give him ideas." Caramon morosly prodded at a log he had just added to the blaze, "He's stopped us having practise fights or taking the horses out without him knowing and overseeing it."
"He's WHAT!!!" Thon exploded.
"I know. If he wants a bunch of unfit soldiers with untrained mounts then he's going the right way about it."
I bet that's just what he wants, Thon thought but kep it to himself, instead he sighed again and stretched his long legs out infront of him. "Who did you say gave him this command?"
"Now Thon." Hama laid a hand on his shoulder, "I understand that Captain Raistlin has been acting a little strangely lately but I won't hear it said that he's unfit for command. That could amount to inciting a mutiny and you know the penalty for that."
Thon shook his head in defeat, "Aye, I know." However all eyes in the room, even those of Sergeant Hama held deep, worried sympathy for Thon's views.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 09:37
"Unfit for command..." Háthien murmured, her blue eyes staring intently at the closed door to Walnut's office. "Indeed..."

The Elf reached into one of the deep pouched that had been sewn discreetly on to her traveling gown. After a few seconds of rooting through the various and assorted items cluttering up her pockets, she pulled out a pipe, some leaf, and placed it to her lips. Grasping a nearby candle, she lit up and inhaled deeply. Everyone had always thought it peculiar that an Elf maid smoked, but Háthien had taken up the habit on one of her many travels to the Lonely Mountain and, personally, didn't see anything strange about it.

She sighed, and as she did so, enough smoke to make her look like Smaug came rushing from her rose petal lips. "I don't recall Ethoner saying anything to that effect." Háthien looked up abruptly, her eyes as dark as coal and as sharp as the daggers she carried. "Just who did give him this command?"

Ooc - I just noticed... Háth's an oddball. An Elf that smokes! Whoever heard of it?
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 09:53
Ooc - Erk! I don't know who gave him this command but i'll tell you this: -
Go to http://www.burpingtroll.com/adventures.htm and download some the the stories. They are very good, often have me crying or laughing out loud, and contain lots of very odd Elves who I am sure Hathien would get along with.
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email