Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: It Begins with an Ale (Please read OOC)[OPEN]
on: April 30, 2005 12:17
ooc - For the record, that was an incredibly spur of the moment post, not thought through at all, you can tell.

Ic - Treg lifted a hand to Enariel's arms as they encircled his shoulders while letting his eyes lock with Ethoner's.
"Tregallien, mellon nin." The tall ranger, so close to his own younger brother, couldn't imagine what it must be to lose him for so long only to see him snatched away before his time.
Treg gave a wry snort of laughter, "I suppose it explains a lot about me."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 04:38
OOC: Yeah well, Alsin, so was mine! Wow, who would have thought Enariel could be so compassionate about someone who makes her feel so shy?

IC: When she felt Treg's hand on her arm, she fought hard not to draw back immediately. She stopped breathing for a split second, and then squeezed his shoulders for a moment longer before pulling beck a little bit and smiling at him. "I'm glad you told us." What she wanted to say was more than that, but she didn't want anything else she said to sound trite. She kissed him softly on the cheek and whispered, "It explains your compassion toward me." She smiled again, knowing that not only had the hug surprised him, but so had the peck on the cheek. She pulled back, and this time the smile didn't fade. She looked at him and said softly, "Anytime you need to talk, I'm here." Then she giggled, "Oh, now I sound like you."
She got up slowly, not wanting to break contact with him, but knowing that they needed to break camp soon. She went to go prepare the rest of her things, and start getting the horses ready.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 07:56
Ooc - Hathien? You've gone very quiet, anything up?
I just re-read Lost Children of the Empire, ah, happy days. But Gil-Calen died! Aww saaaad!!! :cry: Still, the food fight was good.
This Thread Cannot Die. Repeat CANNOT Die!!
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 08:42
Ooc - No, Alsin, nothing's up. Just lost my muse and can't seem to find it...

But, I agree, the thread can't die. Afterall, Lost Children of the Empire did and that nearly broke my heart. Well, not really, but you all get the picture.

I will post soon, I promise.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2005 09:41
Ooc - Found it! And, I just had an idea! So, bear with me and see if you like it. If not, I'll edit.

Ic - Háthien, agitated by the thought of Sauron's hideous plans, retreated silently into the seclusion of the nearby Grove. Having seen Enariel head to saddle the horses, she was amazingly unconcerned with returning in time to break camp with the rest and, instead, continued furter into the dense expanse of forest. Gil-calen was intent on following her preoccupied elven friend, and took Acorn with her as they meandered slowly into the darkness.

It was dense; it was living. The Grove like a breathing monster, was large and unwelcoming, so different from the enchanting beauty of Lothlórien. As she stepped further and further into the misty shadows, consuming her like a ravenous wolf does its prey, a soft, barely audible noise - the crack of a trodden twig - came from her right flank. The sound was oddly muffled and could easily have been the gentle hoof-step of a deer on velvet moss... were it not for the dangerous presence this wood represented.

Háthien paused, her slender fingers wrapping securely around the hilts of her two, elven-crafted knives, prepared to unsheath them at a moment's notice. But, she never got the chance...

A hand, pale with fingernails frighteningly similiar to animal claws, reached out and grasped her, shoving her with sheer, barbaric force against a nearby tree bole. It tightened threateningly around her slender neck, slowly constricting her once open airway.

What she saw triggered a strangled, fearful scream to rush from the very depths of her petite form, but the shrill sound never made it to her lips. Háthien was struck harshly across the cheek, her pale skin flushing with the stinging sensation that crept along her cheekbone.

------------------------------------------

((Read Háth's bio and then tell me who you think this is))

He looked at her, his piercing gaze asessing the small form of the maiden before him. The color that had risen to the one side of her gently beautiful face made him smile, cruelly. He had caused that; it was done of his own will. Nothing as of late had been accomplished on his own accord. He was instructed to do this and to do that, but never permitted to have extra entertainment at the expense of his captives. He wasn't a free m - creature as the case may be. All was done for the betterment of his master; so that Evil might conquer the pitiful towns and hamlets of the quaint, unsuspecting farmers' families.

And, it would come. Soon all the lands of Middle Earth would fall. Fall to the strength of the Dark Lord.

"A young elleth should not be tramping around in the dark places of the world," he hissed, his free hand softly stroking the reddening mark on her pale cheek. "Horrible deeds could be done to her." At this, he smiled again, thoroughly enjoying the disgusted look in her eye.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 07:13
Enariel glanced around, seeing the two men and the elf, but not the elleth.Where is Háthien?Great we get ready to go and she wanders off... She was about to say something out loud when suddenly the vision started coming.
With a small cry, she fell to her knees and began reacting to what she was seeing.
Háthien. She is in the trees. There is one with her. He chokes. He strikes.
She recovered afer several moments and she ran into the trees, moving soundlessly. She found Háthien lying there, and she bent over her, calling her name.

OOC: I'm sorry. There are not even words for how bad I'm doing lately...

[Edited on 4/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 07:59
Ooc - I love the idead Hath! :heart: And I can only find one person who would fit the description so far but.. oooo! that's close to home!

Ic - "Not good." Was all Tregallien said as he bolted into the forest, hot on the heels of Enariel.
Reaching the tree where Hath lay he stopped far short of her, glancing around for the source of the... the feeling he had that all was not right at all.
Soon Thon came pounding up beside him, sword drawn and the muffled dragging of heavy robes signalled Radagast's imminent arrival.

[Edited on 4/5/2005 by Alsin_of_the_Forest]
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 08:34
Ooc - Yepper! I knew you'd figure it out, Alsin! :love: And, Iell, your posts are in no way, shape or form bad!

Ic - Having heard the all too comforting noises coming from the nearby camp and sensing the approach of a lightfooted someone, the pale, gaunt figure slipped into the shadows, vanishing into the belly of the darkness with a practiced ease. When one came, more were sure to follow. He'd retreat for now, but, undoubtedly, he'd return.

---------------------------

Háthien, her eyes closed and face unusually pale, lay motionless at the foot of the large, black tree, her slender form having fallen carelessly against the sodden earth. At a glance, she appeared a lifeless corpse, still and slightly abused. Upon closer inspection, however, her breathing was shallow, but evident and she had the peacefulness of a slumbering child caught in the twilight between sleep and conscienceness.

A soft grunt was the first, almost animalistic noise she made as her dark-lashed eyes fluttered open. Bringing herself into a sitting position, Háthien met the worried gaze of Enariel, her own eyes blazing with the first flames of noldorin anger. "You saw him, didn't you?" She asked, not waiting for an answer. "I admit it; it hurts that he caught me so off gaurd. And, even more so that the four of you were forced to come to my defense."

Sighing heavily, the petite Elf stood and brushed herself off, before proceeding to gently finger the slightly swollen bruise. In every sense of the word, Háthien was enraged; she looked like a woman with a score to settle and Eru help the one who did this to her.

It was wounding enough in its own right; that she had let it happen and not fought back. It was made even worse, though, when the memories of a similiar experience came flooding back. She had let her gaurd down twice! Luck had been with her so far, but the next time she was not garaunteed to be so fortunate.

Ooc - Háth hasn't recognized the one who did this to her... yet. But you can be sure she will in the posts to come.

[Edited on 4/5/2005 by ~Háthien_Oronar~]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 11:53
OOC: Yeah, so you keep telling me, Hath...keep telling me and maybe one day I will have a breakthrough, start believing you and actually post something worth the time and effort of reading it...
Don't think it is going to be anytime soon, though...

IC: Enariel looked worriedly at Háthien. "Yes, I saw him in my head. Unfortunately, it came too late to do anything about it."
She looked at the ground and then turned, brushing against the others as she pushed through and went back to the camp.
There was nothing she could say, no words that could express how badly she felt that she had not gotten the warning sooner, that she had thought the elleth had merely wandered off for her own pleasure.
She buried her face in her mount's neck and sighed deeply. Never had she gfelt so useless and incompetant.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 08:21
Ooc - I should have said this yesterday but "May the fourth be with you!!!" Very bad joke, not one of mine, but funny all the same.

Ic - Treg looked after Enariel in bewilderment. Tapping Thon on the shoulder he turned back to camp.
"You keep and eye on Hathien, try and work out what in the name of Eru just happened. I'll go..."
"You do that." Thon nodded, knowing how his friend felt about his allies.
Striding over to Hath he gently stroked the handprint himself, "Mind giving me the run down?"

As he jogged back to camp Treg was thinking.
Enariel seemed to have come out of her shell since last night, although she did seem odd this morning. Then again, who am I to know what she's like in the mornings, that could be normal for all I know.
Now, many people would consider these the thoughts of one interested in getting to know the Elf Mad much better, but they weren't. Treg just developed loyal friendships very easily, was concerned about his friends and a very tactile person, he would often touch people, a brush on the arm, a celibate hug. Quite often his approaches were misinterpreted which could cause quite a few problems, but hey ho, so is life.

"Enariel?" He broke the treeline at their camp.

Ooc - You can carry on with the flirting thing Iell, misinterpretations can be fun!
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 08:57
Mulling silently over her course of bad luck, Háthien had turned away from the group, her slender fingers falling carelessly from her bruised cheek. She scarcely noticed when Treg insisted on following after Enariel or the few words exchanged between the two. A sigh, ushering from the very depths of her small form, gushed from her rose petal lips and seemed extremely loud in the now-silent forest. Her arms she wrapped around herself and her usually delicate features were sharpened; her mouth set in a grim line.

At the ranger's approach, she turned her face into his hand, finding the soft caresses oddly soothing. And, different. Intensely different from the gentle attention of the... thing. They were loving and tender and, in no way, perverted like touch of those pale, animal-like fingers.

She gazed up at Thon, her blue eyes raging like the Belegaer. "It shouldn't have happened, Ethoner. I pay more attention usually." Háthien paused, inhaling deeply before she continued. "At first, I heard the quiet snap of a broken twig and thought, perhaps, it was either one of them." She motioned absently towards Gil-calen and Acorn. "Of course, it wasn't. And before I knew it... he had me."

The Elf, finding some comfort in Thon's presence, reached up and grasped his larger hand, cradling it in her own. "He was hideous. Horrible. With such raw strength. And, his eyes!" With a start, she came to a realization, "He looked so familiar. Too familiar..."

((I don't like it one bit. Not descriptive enough. Not enough passion. Not enough... *waves fist around like a raving mad lunatic*))
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2005 07:19
OOC: That's just it, Alsin, Enariel ISN'T trying to flirt with him, she is just...being herself. She has already figured she has nothing to offer anyone anyway...
And Hath, I finally got around to checking the profile...I know who it is too:evil:

IC:She stiffened at the sound of his voice. He was the last person she wanted to see right then. First she had nearly drawn blood out of his arm shortly after they met and she had been weepy like a child off and on since their arrival. She mounted up onto her horse, and staring straight ahead, opposite the direction he was standing in, she said, "Háthien alright?" Treg made a gesture with his hands, and she said, "Well, she will be. I see her continuing the journey." She started moving toward the road, and said, "I'm going to head out a ways down the road, find a place for the next encampment. I don't think I am going to be of much use here right now, and we do need to get moving. We can ill afford to linger here. Radagast will know exactly where to find me. I have a meeting with a Messenger, and I can't be late. I'll be seeing you a bit later."

All this was said without so much as a glance, but then she stopped and turned slightly in her saddle and looked at him. "I know it seems really cold for me to be leaving like this, but all I can say is, it's necessary. Either I meet the messenger or we will be in dire straits for clear information through the next leg of the trip. So try not to judge me too harshly." Radagast came out of the trees then, and she nodded to him and Treg, and then turned back around and rode down the road that meandered down the embankment, the same one she and Treg had walked on the night before.

She rode a good distance, a trip that had taken several hours, and she slipped down from the saddle to water Celeg in a small stream. As the horse drank, she knelt down and splashed some of the cool, clean water on her face. Then she sat back against a tree and relaxed a bit.

She had not been able to relax since having met up with the group. They were perfect just the way they had been before she had come along. It was obvious that Treg and Thon were close friends, and that even though she had at first thought Treg and Háthien an item, that it was actually Thon and her that had history. Radagast was, well, Radagast, but he fit in well with them too. She was the outsider, the one that didn't belong.

"Celeg, seems like you are the only real friend I am ever destined to have, old pal," she said, pushing herself up from her spot at the base of the tree. She took up the reins and remounted the horse again, heading on in the direction she had been going.

She went for another hour, and she came to a grove of trees. She slid to the ground as if in a trance and walked into the grove. She took a small footpath that wound its way further and further from the road until she came to a small circle of trees no wider than six feet across.
The Messenger stood there, his back to her until she knelt at the edge of the circle, and then he turned towards her. The only part of his face she could see was his lips and chin, the cowl on his robes pulled up over the rest of his face.

"You lose faith in yourself."
"I didn't see it coming in time." Enariel stared at the ground.
"You know that you will not always see things in the future. You saw it after it had come to pass. There is no shame in that."
"I feel so useless. Why did I have to be the one to help them? I can't do anything, other than have stupid visions..." she was silenced by him raising her chin.
"It is your destiny. You have no choice."
He spoke then of the things that were to come. Things that she would need to be prepared to see. She nodded her head to indicate she understood.
He then stepped back and said, "In two days' time. You will know the place."

She got up from her knees and wandered back out to where Celeg was waiting, mounted and rode ahead a short distance to where she found the next camping area. The fire had already been stocked with kindling, and just required being lit. She began tending to the needs of the camp, preparing it for the four who were trailing behind her.

[Edited on 6/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 09:22
OOC: OOOOOOOOOOkay, I feel like I ruined something with my last post, if you guys want me to edit or delete it or whatever, I will...I just kinda got on a roll in my head when I started writing it, and I couldn't stop, so if there is a problem, somebody tell me, please...
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 09:40
Ooc - No no no no no! You didn't ruin anything - I just have a severe case of ELOI, exams are looming and not leaving much room for anything else. I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING!!! I'll post tomorrow, I promise!
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 07:42
Ooc - OK, still have ELOI so this will be bad.
I just cleared off my desk today, it hasn't seen a good spring clean for about five years! Icky! It's amazing what you find though, some of the dust had discovered the wheel!!

Ic - Shaking his head Tregallien began to saddle the other horses and gather thier packs together, readying to move out after Enariel.

"But he's gone now melleth nin." Thon slipped his other arm around Hath's shoulders and began to lead her back to camp, "And face it, you aren't going to be caught unawares again any time soon." He chuckled quietly but stopped short as he saw Treg and Radgast ready to leave with no sign of Enariel
"Wha?"
"She had to go and meet a messenger. Said she'd have the next camp up and ready before we even got there."
Thon's eyes narrowed, she wanted to be away from them after a 'thing' had attacked? Granted she was hardly normal so her motives may have been true, but soemthing struck Ethoner as not quite right about such haste to be away.
"Very well. Let's go and find where we're off to next then."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 01:41
Ooc - Sorry for not posting sooner, but it's been rather hectic lately what with the end of school, my report, AND the frequent meetings of my reenactment group. I'm not promising anything. In fact, this post may be very lacking and museless. So, once again, I'm sorry.

Ic - Háthien, her pride bending just enough to allow Thon to lead her back, sent a quick glance around the clearing. Ethoner might be willing to let it slide, but the Noldo wasn't. Afterall, these were dark times; who could tell what awaited in the darkness of the wood?

"He's gone now," she mimicked, mumbling to herself as she swung aboard Gil-calen. "Of course, he's gone NOW, but what about tomorrow? Or the day following? Hmm? We aren't as safe as you think, you know."

Heaving a sigh, she waited as Treg, Thon and Radagast mounted their horses before urging Gil-calen into a rather fast-paced canter. The meara, enjoying such freedom, took the lead and swept off in the direction Enariel went, easily caring her two passengers.

All-in-all, it was an uneventful ride and, perhaps, the easiest leg of their journey yet. A small fact that Háthien found to be slightly disturbing; it was too peaceful, much too peaceful. And, blast him! If she ever saw that gangly, hollow-eyed excuse for a civilized being again, she'd tear him limb-from-limb!
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 04:24
The smell of meat cooking permeated down the road. When they arrived at the camp, however, there was no sign of Enariel. Radagast dismounted and went over to the fire and turned the large chunks of venison that were roasting on the spit. He spied something in the ashes of the fire and smiled, "Potatoes!"
He looked up and said, "Well, are you going to dismount, or sit up there all night? Treg, you don't like to ride to begin with I would have thought you would have hit the ground before me. And Thon, there's food here. You suddenly decide you don't like to eat?" He straightened up, and looked around and then turned toward the trees. "Ah, here she comes."

Enariel came out of the trees a few minutes later, carrying a large bundle of wood, which she proceeded to dump near the side of the fire. She looked at Háthien, and said softly, "I am glad you were not hurt worse."
She then proceeded to motion to Radagast and entered her tent. He got up from his spot at the fire and entered the tent.
"The messenger told me that there are three we shall be meeting up with soon. Two of them will be unknown, and one shall be known to someone in the group. All three will give advice, but one of them is a deceiver of the worst kind. That person will try to kill one of the group." She then took a breath and said, "I know that I have not been viewed in the most favorable light by the group, just showing up out of nowhere like I did, and then leaving like I did after Háthien was attacked. I had no choice in when and where we met, just as I had no choice in leaving. When I am called, I must go. I have no other choice. Perhaps one day, all will understand that." She looked at him with sad eyes. "There is more I have been told but I cannot speak more of it now. It is time now to eat and rest, and if she wants to talk about it, to ask Háthien who that was that attacked her." They stood and went out to the fire, where Enariel began dishing up supper for everyone. She then took her plate over and sat with her back against a tree, eating in silence.

[Edited on 9/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 03:04
OOC: It's been like three days, so I figure I can't get in trouble for shotgun posting. I would have posted this yesterday, but I had a really bad, awful, horrible day yesterday, so ...anyway, hope you guys are doing well in your lives.

IC: Radagast sat back and began to speak, explaining what Enariel had told him,. "The most dangerous thing seems to be those we shall be meeting. I am particularly worried about this 'one known to one of us' and the fact that one of the three shall try to kill one of those in our group. I don't care who these people are that we run into, I don't care who it is that is known to one of us. No one is to let their guard down, no matter what. I know there are a few other things that Enariel was told, but at this point in time, she has not been given leave to say anything. This might seem strange, but as each piece of information is given, it fits in as a piece of a bigger picture. I know it seemed odd when she left suddenly, but when she is called by the messenger, she has to go. Háthien, I hope you understand she did not leave because she did not care what happened to you."

[Edited on 11/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 08:31
Ooc - I would apologize again for my absence, but I'm not one for too many apologies. So, on with the post.

Ic - Háthien glanced up from her barely touched plate, giving the old wizard a nonchalant stare. "Radagast, I understood that from the beginning. And, if it would have been meant that way, it, too, would have been fine."

"And, I wouldn't count on us leaving our guards down anytime soon. Afterall, we are in the Black Grove and it certainly isn't a picnic we're on. Despite that it seems that way." Standing, the fiery-haired Elf took her leave, thanking Enariel on her way and retreated into the familiar presence of her two, animal companions.

Ooc - Short, I know. But, I've been busy.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 06:35
OOC: Wow, that was harsh...

IC: Unseen by anyone, the messenger stood there in the trees, watching soundlessly. Presently he was joined by two other cowled and cloaked figures. The three stood there watching for several minutes, and then all three turned and melted into the trees.

Enariel got up and went to her pack, digging out her whetstone, and she began sharpening the blades on her daggers. She seemed to be completely oblivious to those around her.

\OOC: Sorry...I am out of ideas...I was hoping my long post would stimulate something, but I guess not...
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 06:54
Ooc - Alright, peeps. As much as we love this thread, and we all do, perhaps it's time we let it go. I don't think I'll get a denial from either of you two that it's fading... and fast. Now, I don't want to see it go anymore than anyone else, but perhaps we should think of letting it slip into Rp heaven with our posts in reasonble condition, instead of working as much out of it as we can and running the risk of our writing ability going down the tube. That's my opinion. What do you guys think?
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 07:40
ooc: Well, I feel bad because i was brought in to help, and I feel like I failed...:cry:
On top of that, I like Enariel and I hate to let a new character just go like that...but it is up to the two of you...maybe we could start a new thread, different from this one, but with the same characters? I like writing with you guys...
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 08:08
Ooc - AWWW!! But, yeah. I suppose you're right Hath, the plot isn't tripping of our fingertips like it should and I don't think I will again. I like Iell's thought though.

That has made it a pretty un-good day for me then I left school today. I cried at the leavers assembly and know I'll lose touch with everyone. I cried.
I can no longer truly say that I am a little maid from school.

Hey Ho.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 08:36
Ooc - Aww, Iell, you didn't fail! If anything, you made this thread go a little longer.

And, Alsin, I'm sure you won't lose touch with your friends. Afterall, we live in a world of technology where people can play music on their phones for cripe's sake! *just cannot get over the technological advances*

Yes, I was going to suggest starting a new thread with just us three.. and I guess anyone else who wants to join. Like they say, Iell, great minds think alike! So, folks, what are we doing? Starting a new thread? If so, I expect we should pm each other about, as opposed to cluttering up Ale with a whole bunch of ooc messages.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 03:45
Ooc - 73 pages in word this thing. It's now safe on my PC and, given the time, I want to turn it into a coherent book type story with a bit more description of place and people and more thought tracking.
Whadda ya think?
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 10:43
I think that is an awesome idea..I'd like to help!
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email