Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: It Begins with an Ale (Please read OOC)[OPEN]
on: April 18, 2005 08:45
"I don't mean to sound nosey Mistress Enariel, but if you felt compelled to meet up with a lot of total strangers, what compelled you?"

"Dreams." She took a bite of stew and then realized the elf was still looking at her. She swallowed hastily and said,"I have the gift of prophetic dreams. I also have visions. I started having dreams about the four of you, and felt an immense pull away from my home. After I had left, the frequency of the dreams and visions increased." She was staring down into her bowl, nervously biting her lip, seeming to be afraid to look at Treg. She glanced up at Háthien and she would look at Radagast, but for some reason , she had a difficult time looking at either Thon or Treg.
"I was about four miles from here, and woke up in the middle of the night one night and found company at my encampment. It was a messenger, he said, and he wanted me to know that you had begun the leg of your journey that wiould bring you here. I was to make you welcome and give a letter he had with him to Radagast the Wizard."
She then fell silent, silently accepting the wine bottle back from Radagast. She took a drink and said softly," He also told me who the dark evil is."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 03:53
Ooc - Poor Alsin! Good luck with the exams! Btw, Alsin, hope you don't mind that I sort of comandeered Radagast.

Ic - Radagast, his entire being seemingly absorbed in the creamy paper he held, passed the decanter, filled with the bittersweet wine, to Enariel without so much as a swig. He hadn't much of an appetite since being given the message, nor had he any thirst for which there was a cure. What was said in the letter had caught his attention, and occasionally he would cast an almost grandfatherly glance at the dark-haired she-Elf, a heavy brow arched in thought.

"There is more than a single enemy," the old Wizard stated, finally sending his wise gaze around the campfire. "But we will worry about that when the time is nigh." He inhaled deeply, enjoying the aroma of the hearty stew, and continued. "However, this mentions that young Enariel here will be an important part in the defeat of Sauron and his malicious intent. Her visions are the key that we, perhaps, need to bring the evil land of Mordor to its knees."

Háthien met the Maia's gaze with her own, the aquatic depths sparkling with a zest for life not yet tainted with world-weariness. "Well, at least there's a bright side to all of this," she commented in an attempt at lightness. "We now know we aren't charging headlong into a battle we can't win like sheep to slaughter." The lithe Elf grinned roguishly, and leant back against the painted side of her resting meara, both horse and maiden looking incredibly similiar.

Ooc - Gah. I'm tired. And it probably doesn't make any sense.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 10:49
Enariel sat there while Radagast revealed the contents of the letter, looking at the ground between her feet the whole time. She still had no idea who it was that had been the messenger, but whoever they were, they certainly knew enough about her. Now she knew even more than she had before about the reasons that she had started having the dreams and visions more often.

"Well, at least there's a bright side to all of this," she commented in an attempt at lightness. "We now know we aren't charging headlong into a battle we can't win like sheep to slaughter."

Enariel looked up at Háthien and smiled a small smile at her comment. She set down her now empty bowl and got up from her spot by the fire, taking a rather large drink from the bottle of wine as she did so. She walked past Treg, handing the bottle to him as she went by, and her leg accidently brushed against his back. She walked a good distance from the fire.

There was a path that widened into a road about 100 feet across the clearing from the trees. It meandered down a slight hill, bordered on one side by trees, and a drop off on the other. Twenty feet from the road, at the edge of the clearing, was a ridge created by the dropoff. She settled herself at the lip of the ridge, and hung her long legs over the side. She sat there staring at the stars in the distance.

She could hear the mumble of conversation going on over at the fire. She could pick out Háthien's voice easily, as she was the only female in the group, Radagast's grandfatherly tone, a voice that had to be Thon's, since it was unfamiliar, and Tregellian's voice. She glanced over at them, sitting around the fire, and she felt like such an outsider. Even if she was as important as Radagast's letter had said she was, she certainly didn't feel important.

She watched the ease with which they interacted with each other, the way they could all relax with one another. Here they were, on a journey fraught with danger and possible death, and all of them seemed to be taking it in stride so calmly, so self-assuredly. She sighed. She had never been able to be that way with others. She was just far too shy. The only reason she had been able to speak with Treg when he was on the horse was because she was not on the same level with him at that time. However, once they all had their feet on the ground, that was a different story.

That was part of the reason she had spent the last millenia living alone, trying to avoid all but the most rudimentary contact with others.

She looked down at the ground and turned her head back around just as there was a burst of laughter from the fire. She sighed again, and suddenly she sensed a presence behind her.
"Well, are you going to stand behind me for the rest of the night, or are you going to sit down? I can scoot over, if you want." She didn't even look to see who it was. She was too nervous about who it might be to look.

[Edited on 19/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 08:31
Ooc - It's OK Hath, that's what he's there for, Iell too, if you want to use Radagast go ahead. Make him poledance for all I care. He's a general character.

Ic - "I think I can fit." There was a laugh in Treg's voice as he lowered himself next to Enariel. He sat quietly for a while, just looking at the surroundings before he spoke, "Are you alright? You seem withdrawn and I'm sure I noticed a wince as you handed that letter to Radagast. I'm sure I'm prying and I know I'm babbling so if you want me to go just say." He stopped and tried to look at the end of his own nose, just where had the nervous babbling come from?
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 08:51
"No, you can stay." There was a slight tremor to her voice. Enariel tried to correct that when next she spoke. "I am not used to being around others, is all. Living by yourself for a thousand years tends to do that." She glanced at him for a second and had to fight the urge to touch his hair that was blowing slightly in the breeze. She placed her hands at her sides and sighed. She decided to avoid the subject of the pain. She was still fearful they would tell her they couldn't use her help if they knew she was hurt.
There was a sound of a small animal in the trees, and she turned toward it, her knee coming up and rubbing the outside of his thigh when she turned around. She saw him jump, and said softly, "Oh, I am sorry." She scooted back about an inch so she was no longer touching him, and then she turned and looked back at the stars again.
She found she couldn't concentrate on the stars. She felt like she was being stared at and when she turned her head slightly, her emerald eyes locked with Treg's blue ones.
She had the sensation come over her. The tingling in her body that signalled a vision coming on. Her breath caught in her throat, and her hand shot out and grasped his forearm. Her fingernails, though slight, were long enough to dig into his flesh and cause him to start in pain.
Her heart was pounding in an abnormal rhythm. Her senses were dulled but she knew they would be sharper suddenly and the transition would be painful.
All conversation atround the fire had stopped and they were all looking with curiousity and possibly a twinge of fear.
She closed her eyes and lowered her head and then suddenly her head snapped up and her eyes snapped open. She began to speak softly, in Sindarin.
"Naeg...naeg...lach...naur...baul...lanc...helegnen...camlann...risto...naeg...gorgor...achas...gwanno." As she spoke, the words got louder, and tears were running down her face. Suddenly she shuddered, and said, "Morn um." Her eyes closed and her head dropped, she shuddered and then opened her eyes and looked up.
She looked at Treg, and then let go of his arm and whispered, "I'm sorry, I should have warned you." She looked down and silently let the tears come.

Okay, I have no idea where this came from but I decided to add it. Here are the translations for the Sindarin:
Naeg-pain/ risto-cut, rend, tear
lach-flame/ gorgor-extreme horror
naur-fire/ achas-fear
baul-torment/ gwanno-die
lanc-throat/ morn-dark
helegnen-icy/ um-evil
camlann-palm
[Edited on 20/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 09:58
Ooc - Ooh! Scared now! Nightmares! Lol!

Ic - Shaken by what he had just seen and heard Treg stayed stock still for a long moment before realising that Enariel really wasn't alright.
Slowly he slipped his arms around the skittish Elf maid and puller her close, stroking her hair and murmuring comforting sounds."There's nothing to apologise for Enariel, nothing at all."

Back at the fire Ethoner shook himself to rid his spine of a lingering chill. Turning to Radagst he asked in a hushed voice, "What was all that about?"
"I think," The wizard mused, "That that was one of the prophetic visions we've been hearing so much about."
"Well I think we'd better do something to change that future, it sounds less than pleasant." He took another deppe swig from the wine bottle and passed it over to Hathien.

Ooc - I think I'm seeing a pattern in the physical contact between our character Iell. :love:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 12:10
OOC: Yeah I just realized that within 24 hours of each other, both of my charries were in tears and both found themselves in the arms of attractive males. I don't see shy, virginal(yes I did ay virginal, as in never been kissed, never done anything AT ALL) Enariel daring to kiss Treg...

IC: Enariel was suprised and a little startled when she felt Treg's arms envelope her and pull her close. She was not prepared for that, so she didn't know how to react. She realized her hand had come to rest on his lower thigh, and she hastily moved it.
Enariel's head was against his neck and shoulder, and she could feel the warmth from his body and smell the musky male scent he had, which was not at all unpleasant.
HIs hand moved gently down the length of her hair, and when it brushed her right side, she stiffened in pain for a moment. His hand stopped, and she pulled back from him.
"I..I think I would like to go lay down." She tried to stand on her own, but her legs were far too weak to support her fully, and she found herself unable to rise. "Or I could just stay sitting here, I guess," she said with a weak smile.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 03:27
Háthien, accepting the decanter from Thon, took a lady-like sip and set it down, already less than half full from being passed around so many times. She seemed unaware or indifferent to what had just happened some yards away. In all truth, she did notice and, perhaps, care, but the fiery-haired Noldo was slowly becoming detached. With her emotions, this perilous journey, and even, maybe, with Thon.

The Elf's loyalty was waivering as it did when she remained in one place for too long. She was, truly, a vagabond in the very sense of the word. In years past, she had never needed anyone. Never accepted help nor sympathy. Her pride was much too infallable to even consider it. And, so she often found herself to be flighty, taking off into the night without so much as a footprint. Vanishing had become both necessity and talent for Háthien, especially in the recent years.

And, now as she lounged by the small fire, a deep, heavy-hearted sigh slipped from her rose petal lips, the small, round pupils of her sea-borne eyes fixed solely on the flicker of the soft flames. As of late, she had felt her immortality slipping away, carrying with it any sense of elven grace and mannerisms. Yet, she still held on to that last thinning thread; the dwindling lifeline of civility that seperated her from the ill borne children of Morgoth.

Ooc - Wow. Who knew it was possible to blabber on and on about anything that had nothing to do with anything? :dizzy:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 04:24
OOC: LOL, but I do it all the time! It gives insight to what is going on with your character and makes them more of a multi-faceted character! And Hath better not sneak off in the middle of the night! Enariel might need some female advice at some point.

IC:Enariel looked at the tall elf questioningly. She had never met him before, and yet, she found herself feeling an almost familiarity with him. Her shyness was still there, had even increased a bit, but until he had touched the spot on her side where she was in pain, she had found herself enjoying his embrace, the gentle, tender way he had pulled her to him and caressed her as she cried.
She wished she had not sunk her nails into him like that. To see the red half-moons on his arm made her feel guilty. She reached out for his arm, and she gently stroked her fingertips over the marks.
"I am so sorry, Tregallian, for grabbing your arm like that. i usually have more warning than that when a vision comes to me. They usually are not that strong, either."
Radagast's voice behind her made her jump. "What are they usually like?"
"Well," she started, "they always start with a warm tingling sensation through my body. It usually lasts longer than it did, and I usually don't have my senses dulled that quickly. There is usually mild pain when my senses become ultra-sharp, but nothing like the pain that shot through me and caused me to squeeze like I did." She stopped and chewed on her lip and then said,"And they are not so graphic. Or at least have not been to this point. It is also rare for me not to be able to get up and move normally after one."
Radagast nodded thoughtfully, and said,"Well, I don't see a way or reason to be less than blunt about this, Enariel, so I will just come out with it. I think this is just an indication of how things will get worse before they get better."
Enariel looked at him, and nodded, and then at Treg. "I think you might want to keep away from me when I have a vision from now on."
"To the contrary, Enariel, I think one of us should be near you at all times, especially if the pain and weakness is increasing. You might need the support that someone else could provide for you." Radagast intoned.
"But I don't want to burden anyone. Nor do I want to inflict pain on anyone." She looked down at the ground and suddenly realized she was still holding Treg's arm and gently running her fingers over it. She looked up at Treg and blushed, let go of his arm, and turned her face away from him.

[Edited on 21/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

[Edited on 21/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 08:23
Ooc - I love babbling on about noting in particular, kinda fun sometimes.

Ic - Treg smiled at Enariel's shyness, he didn't often meet people with anything less than city-wide egos and confidence bordering on arrogance so he found her oddly childish manners endearing.
"I'll stay with you if you want. It would be no burden and I have a high pain threshold." He placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed lightly. "If there's anything you want to talk about, I'm here." He broke the physical contact and nodded to Radagast that everythign was alright.
"I suppose I had better go and conserve what little strength I may." The Maiar returned to his spot near the fire and settled down with his pointy hat down over his eyes. Soon he was snoring loudly.

As Radagast was conversing with Enariel, Ethoner and Hathien were left alone beside the fire. For a while thon had notice a certain cooling in Hathien's attitude towards him, nothing drastic but she was never in the type of mood she had been in during their picnic or that night in the yard of the station when they had set to some serious tongue play.
Rolling onto his side and fixing his gaze on the diminutive Elf maid Thon spoke.
"Are you feeling alright Hathien? You seem quiet."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 10:08
Ooc - Aye. 'Tis fun! I might have to do more of it!

Ic - Did she feel alright? Of course, she did. She had her health and her... what exactly? Her happiness? Her sense of dignity? What? She had nothing besides good health. Neither happiness nor dignity nor any matter of other things that made one content with the life they had lived. She had done too many things in the past for any kind of self-content. In a way, she lamented who she had been; the kind, generous, feminine Elf maid who had loved and been loved. The elleth who had once studied under the supervision of Lord Elrond and commited to running errands from one end of Middle Earth to the other for Glorfindel. What had happened to the happy Elf child on whom Fate seemed to smile?

"Yes, Ethoner, I'm fine." Háthien replied, more from habit than anything. "I feel wonderful, if you must know." Her tone, gravelly and tired, seemed a stark contrast to her failed attempt at buoyancy.

Ooc - Aww. Poor Háth's questioning herself. So depressing that I now need my MLP fix. *wanders off to play with her ponies*
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 01:22
OOC:Alsin, please, please, PLEASE forgive me and do not kill me for moving Treg around a little bit. I swear Enariel didn't touch him...if you absolutely hate the fact that I moved him I will edit and redo the whole thing.

IC:Enariel sighed. She looked at Treg, and said softly,"Would you mind terribly going on a short walk with me, just down the road a little ways?" She indicated the path off to the side that travelled down the hill. "It might make my legs a little less shaky." She rose with a little assisitance from him, and the two made their way slowly to the path. Her legs still hurt, and felt a litle numb, but she thought she would be okay.
Normally, she would not have asked an ellon she didn't know to go walk with her into the night air, but the vision had truly terrified her. She didn't want to be alone, and after Radagast's words, she doubted Tregallian would allow her to go anywhere without him, at least for now. Her hand kept brushing against his wrist as they walked, but the path was rather narrow here, so there was not much she could do about it. Besides, he didn't appear to be minding the minor contact between them as they walked. She smiled as she looked at the sky and saw how many more stars there seemed to be here than there had been up near the trees and the firelight.
She stopped walking for a moment, and said, "Listen."
All that could be heard was a soft cry of a bird in the distance. "Have you ever really stopped to appreciate what is around us? I used to sit outside my little house and just listen to the night. So beautiful..." her voice trailed off and the sparkle left her eyes. "Of course, that was before I began having visions of the dark things that hide under cover of night, that seek to dispel all the good in the world." She looked down at kicked at a stray pebble. When she looked back up, her eyes wers sparkling again, and she had a little smile on her face. "But I wouldn't mind just forgetting all that for right now. The dreams, the visions. If only I could." She sighed wistfully and said,"So, what would you do, if you could, to forget for a little while?"
OOC: I am so sorry, guys, this is utter crap and should not even be allowed to be posted. But I am leaving to go shopping and if I don't come up with anything better, I will leave it so you guys can see what utter crap really looks like so you will stop degrading your own posts, lol!

[Edited on 22/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

[Edited on 22/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 07:56
Ooc - Are you saying our posts are degraded! Lol! And Iell, I don't mind you prodding Treg. So long as he isn't killed, screwed or anything else drastic without a bit of warning then I'm fine about it.

Ic - Treg sighed and looked up at the few stars that could be seen through the thick, dead canopy above them.
"I would meet up with Ethoner, his Ranger friends and all my old, old friends from my archery unit, go to The Creban in Bree and get drunk as a skunk." He gave a wry grin, "A typically male answer I know, but I'd certainly forget everything, including how to walk."
"Hold on." Enariel's brow was twisted in confusion, "An Elf, drunk?"
"You obviously haven't tried the beer at The Creban. Real rotgut that stuff." He sighed again and propped himself languidly against a tree, shifting his gaze from the heavens to Enariel's starry eyes, "I'm sure you could forget." He commented, matter of factly, "Maybe not soon, but once we've got past this task you see, defeated this evil, then something, someone, the sight of a star, a corny joke could make you forget the darkness in the world, if only for a while."

Back at the fire Ethoner spun to sit infront of Hathien, his hands gently cuppng hers in her lap and his eyes looking deeply into her oceanic depths.
"Don't fob me off Hath. You're not entirly with us. What is it? Worry? Homesickness? Please Hathien..." He paused then continued tentatively, "Melleth nin, I hate seeing you lke this. Let me in."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 05:29
Enariel sank to her knees near Treg and said, "I have never drunk anything other than my elvish wine, so I'm afraid I don't know what rotgut is." She laughed softly, and said, "But it doesn't sound like it would be too pleasant."
She sat there and didn't speak for a few minutes, just feling the light breeze on her skin and wishing she had thought to let her hair down before they had left on their walk. The breeze in her hair would feel good right now.
she busied herself with letting her hair out of the braids that bound it so tightly. She finished quickly and ran her fingers through her hair and flipped it over her shoulder, where it tumbled down in thick waves.
She looked at the ground and said hesitantly, "I noticed that you didn't mention Háthien in there anywhere. I thought the two of you were, uhm, intimate with each other." She blushed deep crimson as she said it and could not bring herself to look at Treg. She instead stared at his hands, resting in his lap.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 03:16
"Hath? Me? Intimate? What? Oh!" The light dawned on Treg's face, "Don't say you've been tapping into what Thon 'saw' with those visions of yours." Enariel's silence was deafening, "I was nothing but a perfect gentleman with Hathien and she did nothing improper either. It's Ethoner and Hathien that are intimate if any of us are." He settled back and listened to the still air around them. "Frankly I can't remember the last time I was 'intimate' with anyone." He looked taken aback, "No, I really can't. Wow."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 03:35
She looked at his face and chuckled. She couldn't help herself. He looked completely at a loss."I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh. I really have no right to, since I have no intimate relations in my past to even remember." Her voice trailed off, and then she realized what she had just said and she pinked, so she quickly changed the subject back to her dream. "It wasn't in one of my visions, it was in one of my dreams that I saw the two of you, and Thon standing there, and Radagast with a knife to his throat, all little bits and pieces that didn't make sense at all then, and now makes even less. I have never seen anything that didn't happen before." She stood up and said, "Maybe we should head back up to camp. It is so late even the birds no longer make noise." She extended her hand to him and helped him up. They walked in silence back up the road, and then when they got back to camp, she turned and smiled at him. "Thank you for walking with me, and holding me while I cried. That meant a lot to me." She reached up and gave him a tiny kiss on the cheek, and then retreated across the clearing to her tent. "By the way, if anyone is interestyed, this tent sleeps at least four people, and it looks like rain." With that, she went into the tent, quickly got ready for bed, and slipped into her blankets.

[Edited on 24/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 11:17
Ooc - Gah. Saturdays! Clean this. Clean that! I hate Saturdays!

Ic - "Thon, I'm quite fine, I assure you. It's just this whole journey, the future confrontation with the Shadow." Háthien answered, watching as Enariel slipped into her tent. "It brings a few memories to mind that are better left in the past."

The Elf smiled, a little more brightly than before, and glanced at the sky. "She's right, you know. It does look like rain. Perhaps we should waken Radagast...?" The old wizard was cat-napping by the slowly waning fire, his pointy, wear-worn hat covering his slightly wrinkly face. She chuckled and reached across to pat the ranger's broad shoulder.

"No need to worry, Ethoner. I've a few scars and a couple ill-gotten memories."

Ooc - No muse. Nooooooooooo muse. It's soooooo short. *wails* Oh, Alsin! Say, did you hear anything to the effect of Darkar coming to join our merry group?
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 05:09
Ooc - No. I PM'd Gayaquelle (Darkar) a few times when she stopped posting in Perilous Times and now have the sneaking supicion that she has vanished off the face of the earth.
And Gak! I hate revision! I've spent the entire weekend trying to work out excuses not to do it. Sooo boring but horribly needed.

Ic - Thon smiled but still wasn't entirely convinced, anyway, it would do for now.
"I think maybe we should wake him. He wouldn't be best pleased if we left him out here to get wet." He stood, poked the wizard and joined Treg and Enariel in the sturdy, canvas tent.
"Cozy little setup here." He commented as he ducked through the flap.
"Thon," Treg asked as his friend sat, "Do you remember the name of the landlord at the Creban? It came up in conversation and it's bugging me."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 06:00
Ooc - I'd say alien abduction is far more likely...

Ic - Háthien watched as the tall ranger ducked into the tent, her blue eyes shifting then to the wizard who soon followed and then to the small huddle of grazing horses. With slight reservation, she rose and made her way over to the black and white mare, her long-fingered hands reaching out to embrace the thick neck. A soft nudge she was given in return and the quiet company of five horses and the tiny Acorn, who had spent most of his time on the broad withers of his equine friend.

Rain or not, the lithe Noldo was spending the night outside; she did not require rest nor the shelter of canvas and, by no means, would accept it that night.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 08:11
The storm broke hard over their heads, thunder rolling and lightning flashing.The rain poured down in torrents, pounding the dry, dusty ground and being sucked up greedily. There had not been a true squall in sometime, and apparently the forces of nature had decided that that night they were going to converge and produce one. It poured and crashed for the duration of the night, Radagast's snoring blending with the thunder, until suddenly, at dawn, it stopped, the clouds broke apart and moved off.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 07:51
Tregallien groaned softly as the morning light filtered through the dark canopy, found the chink in the tent flap and lanced directly into his eyes.
Propping himself up on one elbow he took stock for a second.
Radagast had been abandoned on one side of the tent to allow the others to be as far away from his snoring as possible, not that it made much difference. Ethoner had stretched out along one side, his long form taking up a surprising amount of space, which left one side for Treg and Enariel. They were not touching, but had settled not far from the heat of each other's bodies as the rain sucked the heat from the air.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 12:29
Enariel softly moaned in her sleep and rolled over to face Treg. Her arm slipped around his waist and she snuggled up against him, mumbling something about being chilled. She sighed softly, and licked her lips in her sleep. A slight breeze stirred the tent flap and the light that had pierced through Treg's slumber struck her in the eyes. She squinted and moaned, and she began to sit up. That's when she realized her arm was wrapped around Treg's waist. She looked from her arm, up to Treg's face, and then she blushed and pulled her arm away. "I'm sorry. I don't know how that happened." She hastily got up and exitted the tent, retreating over to where her horse was standing and waiting for her. The clearing was filled wih branches and twigs that had been ripped from the trees, and the horse nickered softly at her when she came over, as if to say, "I was worried about you." She slowly stroked the horse's neck as she tried to get her face to return to its natural color.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 09:15
Háthien, having stayed out through the very brunt of the storm, was still fairly damp, her deep auburn locks stringy and somewhat matted from the constant torrent of rain that had fallen the night before. Neither Gil-calen nor Acorn looked to have fared much better. And, quite a bunch they made, all three dozing lazily on the far side of the clearing as though they weren't in a menacing forest dripping wet and half not what most expected when they thought of elven beauty. For neither Elf nor meara appeared very majestic. Yet each appeared content; a peace that was renewed with the cleansing properties of the rain.

Having heard, and guessed, what had gone on in the tent, the blue-eyed Noldo rose from her spot by a small boulder and made her way to Enariel, whose face had turned four shades of red. She approached carefully and extended her hand to the fellow Elf's horse, caressing the velvety softness of her muzzle.

"I kept an eye on him. He weathered it like a son of the mearas, that horse of your's." Háthien smiled, admiring the handsome chestnut. "I take it you had a restful night's sleep? What with the thunder and lightning, one would have thought the horizon was splitting in two."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 07:53
Enariel stroked the horse softly. "Thank you, both for watching him, and for your words. He is my best friend, the one who has never abandoned me. The only one who seems to care not that I have dreams and visions, sometimes of death and destruction." She glanced at Hathien, and then started at the sound of Treg's voice in the tent. She turned away quickly. "Yes, I slept well. Perhaps too well." She suddenly became very interested in Celeg's tack.

[Edited on 27/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 07:59
"Sleep well?" Treg asked of Ethoner as the man rolled over with a contented sigh.
"As well as can be expected when thunder claps every time I've just dozed off. But on the whole, not bad. You?"
"Very well I must say." The young Elf grinned mischeviously.
"I thought I saw you two looking rather chummy. Talk about a fast mover." Thon twisted out of the way of a half hearted swipe.
"I was nothing if not a gentleman. It was her that ended up with her arm around me! I'm content to find out a bit more about her first. If what we've heard is true the Valar alone know what I'd be getting myself into if I didn't!"
The two old friends laughed easily and remained settled int he tent for the time being, mercilessy ribbing each other about past encounters.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 08:13
The sound of male chuckling could clearly be heard. Enariel looked at Hathien, and asked her softly, "Could you go in and let the men know that we should be leaving as soon as breakfast is over? I am going to start making it now." She hoped her fellow elleth would not ask why she didn't want to enter the tent herself, or why she had blushed so hard.

She began preparing breakfast, strips of venison cooked over a low fire and basted with honey on bread. She was glad she had brought most of her food supplies from her home with her.There food supplies certainly weren't going to be running short any time soon.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 08:44
Having the keen wit that she did, Háthien perceived quite clearly why Enariel did not want to set foot in the tent, and, also, why she had pinked as deeply as she did. The she-Elf smiled, nodded and moved to head off, but paused briefly on her way to collect the three males.

"He courts no one. At least, of what I am aware."

She had mentioned it softly enough, knowing well that elven senses could pick up on the sound of orc breath many meters away. And, of course, she did not want to embarass the shy maid in front of the comely young Elf.

Tapping lightly on the rain-cleansed canvas, Háthien ducked quickly into the tent and sent a motherly swat towards Treg. "Tregallien! Taking advantage of slumbering Elf maids is in no way chivalrous! Honestly, of the two, I don't know which is worse." Once again back to her old, jesting self, she cast the blond-tressed Elf a wink and made to sit down right inside the opening, directly beside Thon. "Slapping you, Treg, was not on my list of things to-do; simply for my own pleasure." She grinned mischieviously, but continued. "Dear Enariel makes breakfast if any of you three are interested. And, I daresay, from the smell of it, it should be quite good."

Not awaiting an answer, Háthien emerged from the flimsy sleeping quarters, quite expecting at least one to be on her heels, eager for some morsels.

Ooc - Oh ho! What's this? Am I regaining some of my lost writing ability?

[Edited on 27/4/2005 by ~Háthien_Oronar~]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 09:36
Ooc - I do belive you are sweetie! :love:

Ic - "Food!" Ethoner was up and out of the tent faster than his size would suggest with Treg not far behind muttering good natured comments about Hath having him down all wrong and Thon's stomach ruling his head.
Thon's eyes almost popped out of his head when he saw the venison. After three days of living on Cram and weeks before on Ranger cooking he was up for something a little more palatble.
"You must think I have a one track mind Enariel." He grinned sheepishly.
"He does only it has nothing to do with food!" Treg sat down beside the fire, waking his muscles for the long day ahead.
"Grr. It does smell very good."
Radagast exited a little more sedatly from the tent, a thougtful expression on his face.
"You mentioned more than one evil?" He mused, "There have been disturbing reports of one of our own turning to the cause of the Dark Lord. I can only hope that this is not the case but I have the depressing feelign that it may be." He sat morosly down, wrapped up in his own thoughts.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 10:29
Enariel smiled at Thon's words, and pinked again at treg's. "Well, I brought a lot of my food stock from home. You know, when you have dreams and visions about meeting four people and three are males who look like hearty eaters, It pays to be prepared." She began serving up the honeyed venison on the soft bread and began a pot of Kaffee brewing on the fire.
As she handed out the plates, she managed to completely avoid looking at Treg, by examining the sky above her instead as she extended the plate to him. Then she placed her venison on a piece of bread, rolled it up and went over to the tent and began breaking it down as she munched on her breakfast. It only took a couple of good tugs on ropes and the removal of a couple long branches and the tent was soon roled up and stuffed in a saddle bag. She packed up her bedroll as well, and then came over and checked the Kaffee. She proceeded to pour mugs all around, again avoiding looking at Treg, mainly because she asked that his mug be passed to him so there would be no chance of touching him accidently, either.
She instead looked at Radagast and said softly, "I have seen the second evil in my dreams, although never clearly. It is as if he has a cowl over his head, and he has a very dark heart, although to see him, you would think him a friendly sort. I have seen what he does in the dark hours, and that he hides himself well from others so that no one suspects. I get the impression that he is either perceived as a friend to elves..." she paused and took a swallow from her mug,"Or is one himself."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 08:24
Hey guys...where are you two?
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 07:01
Ooc - I was being ill and unimaginative. Now I'm better, I just spent lunchtime singing an Abba song about rabbits. (Try Money Money Money with a stuffy nose!)
Btw was Sauron an Elf friend? I think we can have more fun butchering the LOTR storyline in our favour but I'm just curious.

Ic - "Now there's a thought." Treg glared at his breakfast, deep in thought, "Sauron has taken may Elves hostage, for goodness sake that's where Orcs came from, and he often puts them to use as his own pet magicians or simply as workers three or four times stronger than a Man." His brow furrowed, "He controls their minds, forces them to do his bidding against their wills. But to think that one of the the Eldar could willingly engage in his acts of depravity..." His voice trailed off as he stared into the fire.
"That sounds detailed knowledge Treg." Thon observed, "Where's it from?"
Treg's head snapped up and he caught Thon's gaze with fiery intensity. He seemed about to say something but let out his breath in a sigh, drinking deep from his mug to break the eye contact.

Ooc - ELOI!!
Oh, does anyone want to play a game? It's the Prediction game. You predict soemthing about the person who posts after you.
For example: - I predict that the next person will have a dog.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 07:43
ooc:LOL, Alsin! "Bunny, Bunny, Bunny" huh?
Yeah where is Treg getting information from?Oh my Gosh, he is setting us up! NO! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Okay sorry back to the storyline.

IC: Enariel looked at Thon and then said to Treg, "I would like to know where you are got that information from, too." She was looking directly at him. "We know where I get mine from, and Radagast got his from the letter. How did you come across your information?" She looked at him with her baby blue eyes shining at him.

ooc: It's crap, I tell ya, crap ,crap,crap!
Sure I'll play
Nope I have a cat.and a bird. And I predict that...
the next person has at least one sibling.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 08:39
Ooc - Nope, only child and loving it!
The next person will have had at least one White Christmas.

Ic - "Valar." Treg sighed, "I shouldn't have mentioned it." He stood, his fists clenching and unclenching wih nervous energy, "But as I'm not getting out of it I swear all of you to secrecy. Not one word of this passes your lips!"
"Treg, what on earth could be so important as to merit all that?"
"Just swear it!"
"Alright, I swear." Thon's face was confused but his voice left no doubt as to his sincerity. One by one the others voiced their agreement.
"Thankyou." The young Elf took a deep breath and began to speak in a low voice, devoid of all emotion, "I grew up in Mirkwood among the Rangers that my Father commanded. They were good mentors to me but the best playmates were my younger sister, Gilwen, and my elder brother."
Thon made a noise of confusion, he only knew of Gilwen, the woman he had sworn to marry, but kept his peace in the face of Treg's demeanour.
"Relean was much older than I, he had already married in my earliest memories of him, but with Father so often busy he would teach me the ways of weapons and women. All the things one should get from a Father.
"When he went missing we couldn't understand it. No one had heard or seen the signs of a struggle on the patrol he was on, nothing had given him cause to run away, he had just vanished." Treg's face darkened and anger swiftly coloured his voice, "For two hundred years we thought him dead! Two hundred years of mourning my childhood teacher and friend. Then, on a mission to Ithillien with my Father we find a lone Elf wandering. Scarred, bleeding, he was a pitiful sight but we had a duty to help him. We took him to our camp and I cleaned him up. I was washing his face when our eyes met..." Treg's voice cracked and it was at once apparent how young he was in the count of his people, "It was Relean. He had spent the past two centuries mining iron, coal and sulphur by the light of tallow fat candles, presided over by mages with no mind of their own." He paused and go a grip on himself "His lungs were nearly giving up, his mind near broken but he recognised me and we had two days to say our goodbyes before he finally left for Mandos' Halls. That is how I know all too well what we may be going up against."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 09:33
Ooc - *blinks obliviously* And, you people think I'm crazy!

Ic - Háthien, having returned to her previous spot by the boulder, listened intently to what Treg had to say, her hands gripping the mug with such intensity that her knuckles gleamed white from under her pale skin. The story was too familiar, too close to her own history; it made her blanch, her face paling horribly. The clear, blue eyes, so wise and wild and mysterious, had clouded over, if briefly.

With a firm nudge, Gil-calen whickered softly at her small elven friend, her sympathy rousing the she-Elf from her state before she appeared any more sickly. Háthien murmured some words of thanks as she made to stand, suddenly feeling the need to inspect her small supply of weapons.

Ooc - crappers. that's what it is. ah, but what do I expect after a belly full of food?
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 09:58
Enariel's eyes grew wider as she listened to Treg's story. She thought about the pain that ordeal must have caused him, and how badly she had been treating him since she had woken up.
She shook her head and cursed herself. If he had minded, he would have moved her arm or said something to wake her. Why had she had to grow so embarrassed and spiteful toward him, just because she had overheard the ensuing conversation between him and Thon?
It didn't matter if he harbored a desire for her or not. He had been there for her when she had needed him to be, and now she was going to do the same for him. He might not be crying, but that didn't mean he needed anyone any less.
She rose from her spot and walked around the fire. She placed her hand on his shoulder, and when he turned his head, she dropped to her knees and wrapped her arms around him, letting him know that he was not as alone as he might have thought.

[Edited on 30/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email