Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: It Begins with an Ale (Please read OOC)[OPEN]
on: March 26, 2005 11:03
Ooc - Aww, Alsin! :love: Me and the little flying oliphaunts love you, too!

Ic - If Háthien could have looked any more confused, she'd have certainly tried. After a slight pause, during which she had tried to gain some idea of what the infuriated ranger was going on about, she cleared her throat and decided to handle the situation with as much care as possible. "If you're accusing me of saying any such thing, I daresay you had better check those ears of yours. If I'd have said anything about my thoughts concerning you, there would certainly have been nothing even remotely close to 'safe and dependable'. You're the most irritatingly hansome rogue I've met since Strider! And, I do mean that as a compliment."

She was doing her best trying to calm him down, but she wasn't entirely sure it was working. "Are you assuming, Thon, that Treg and I...?" Háth couldn't say it, but she did look a little bewildered. "First off, Ethoner, I can't believe you of all people would impune my honor so much as to even think I'd do something like that! What in the name of Mandos did I ever do to deserve such little respect from you?"

Háthien shook her head and glanced away. She didn't want to confront him, and she knew if she continued, it might end up that way.

Ooc - Mmm! Chocolate!! Hehe. Yep, yep, yep! And, Happy Easter to you too, love! See ya Monday! And don't let the Easter gremlins get you!

[Edited on 26/3/2005 by ~Háthien_Oronar~]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 08:39
"I... I can't believe I'm hearing this." Thon stood and began to pace restlessly, "I'm only saying what I have seen with my own eyes!" He paused and his shoulders dropped, "YOu have no idea how much it hurts me to say this Hathien, how much it hurts that such a thing could happen but I have seen it! I have heard what you said about me! How can I believe what you say when I know different?"
Treg stood and placed a hand on Thon's arm, "Ethoner..." He began in a conciliatory tone.
"Don't touch me." Thon jerked his arm away, "Just don't." He shook his head and stalked away to where the horses were hobbled.
Tregallien shook hsi head and sat back beside Hathien.
"You seem to have as little idea as me about what is going on. We didn't do anythign inappropriate did we? We'd been sat apart for the ten minutes before he appeared, there's nothing to warrant this!" He seemed distressed at his old friend's thoughts and confusion.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 12:19
The night was growing old. The stars were shrouded by a hazy film of grey clouds, their twinkling beauty dimmed even more so by the emotions of sadness, of confusion, and of anger surrounding the small camp. And it was over such a thing that the Elves were apparently ignorant of.

Háthien had barely heard a thing Treg had said for she was disheartened by Thon's belief that they had betrayed him, when, in fact, they had done no such thing. A heavy sigh rushed from the very depth of her elven being as she finally emerged from her broodings.

"I've an idea," she glanced at the fellow Elf, his clear blue eyes peering at her curiously as she stood to follow Thon.

Gil-calen, who had been grazing selectively, quickly pulled her magnificent head up to Háthien's level, her friendly greeting dying in her throat when she noticed the determined look in the she-Elf's eyes. Bypassing her old friend, Háthien cleared her throat softly and stopped just beside the dark ranger, who seemed irked that she had decided to confront him further.

She brushed a few stray wisps of fiery bronze hair from the side of her pale face. "I don't know what you saw, and it's obvious that I don't want to know. However, Ethoner, it's unlike you to spy on your friends. And all I want to know is why. Why would you? Why did you?"

Ooc - hehe. she's remaining civil for now. but in the next post I might have that Noldorin fury emerge... :evil:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 08:21
"I had no choice!" Thon spun to face her, startling Lessana, "I didn't ask to be shown what you were getting up to and I had no desire to know. But I was shown, I do know and I wish that I could ignore it!" He turned away and his voice dropped, "I wish I could ignore it."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 08:43
Háthien stood her ground, her small stature nearly dwarfed by the ranger's towering one. When he turned away, her hand shot out and grabbed his arm, forcing him back to face her.

"You were 'shown'?" The petite Elf looked incredulously up at Thon. "What in the name of Eru do you mean you were shown? Who and what showed you this? And why, Ethoner, would you believe anything you saw in this god-forsaken land?!"

Nearly spouting off a trail of quenya explanatives, she released his sleeve and backed off. Although she had come close to going off on him for being as stupid as to believe something like that, she still held on to some sense of civility. Háthien inhaled deeply, her gaze heated and flaming as she waited for an answer.

Ooc - Now, this is total cow dung! *hands out clothes pins for the stench*
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 07:34
Ooc - I like it, it shows a slightly different side of Hathien. Always improtant to have a character with more than one dimension.

Ic - For the first time since he had arrived back at camp Ethoner stopped, took a mental step back and thought about what had gone on.
"I... I have no idea." He stated, his eyebrows drawing into a perplexed 'V'.
You're believing anything from the woman who betrayed you with a man she hardly knew?
The thought sprang up in his mind, almost as if it were not his own.
You're believing anyhting of a woman who so audaciously flaunts the code you live your life by, that of duty, loyalty and honour?
That one struck him dumb.
You're beliving anything of an Elf!
"You're just trying to confuse me!" Thon bellowed, "Elves never give a straight anwer to anything so why should I expect a good explaination?"
A sputtering from near the fire told them that Radagast had woken up.
"Eh? Mm? What? What's all the commotion about? Is it morning already?"
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 08:43
Ooc - hahaha. yep. I guess you're right. So, be prepared for a very angry she-Elf...

Ic - Upon hearing Radagast ask if it was morning, Háthien glanced towards the fire and said, rather heatedly, "No. It isn't morning."

She returned her dagger-like gaze to Thon. "ETHONER!!!" the she-Elf roared, thoroughly angry by now. "How dare you!"

Fuming, Háthien took the bit and ran with it, coming down hard on what she recognized as mortal weakness. "Are you stupid, man?! Have you completely forgotten what your captain Walnut has turned into?! Do you want to become that? Well? Do you?!" She had gotten closer to the ranger than she had intended and, turning away, retreated to a much more polite distance.

"It's not even you I'm arguing with, is it?" Háthien's pale face had lost some of its fury, and she was eyeing him with a slightly sympathetic look. "The Ethoner I know would never have the thoughts you do." She shook her head. "You look like the ranger I came to love, but I don't know you."

Ooc - Psycho elf! *hums the theme of the Rocky Horror Show*
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 07:37
Ooc - I want to see Rocky Horror Show. And the Orthodontist poked my teeth about today so it hurts to eat! Nasty lady with strange poky things!!! (Man that sounds wrong!)

Ic - "How can you say you love me when you go and do that! I've known hookers who wouldn't do that for love nor money! And you!" He rounded on Tregallien, "You slavering away like a hound after his..."
"THAT'S ENOUGH!!!" Radagast's voice broke Thon's tirade, "Just what is going on here?"
Treg stepped closer to Radagast, truth be told Thon scared him when he got like this. Once it had taken three Elves and a burly Rohirrim to hold Thon back once the red mist had descended.
"Aiwendil," The note of relief in his voice was faint, but there, "Ethoner seems to have taken leave of his senses. He went off for a walk and came back accusing Hathien and I of... having it off!"
"And what do you have to say to this Ethoner?" Radagast's eyes revealed the Maiar that he was, the strength in them pinned the Ranger to the spot and forced him to speak.
"I only say what I saw. I was walking and suddenly I could see and hear everything that was going on here and belive me, and awful lot was going on!"
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 07:53
Ooc - Aww! Poor Alsin! Mean, old, nasty lady! Maybe I should send Gil-calen after her?

Ic - "What in Mordor are you talking about?" Háthien, obviously not aware of what it had taken to keep Thon from killing someone, was still in a confrontational mood. "Tregallien and I were having a rather lovely chat!"

Still glaring daggers at the hefty ranger, she turned to Radagast, her Noldorin anger ebbing slightly. "Having it off, alright. We're Elves. We, at least, have some sense of dignity." Háthien, having turned into a little elven spitfire, crossed her arms decidedly, knowing full well that neither her or Treg were at any fault.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 07:37
Ooc - Thanks, but maybe after she's stuck my train track on. I'd hate to have a wonky brace!

Ic - "You could suddenly see and hear everythign that was going on here?" Radagast repeated incredulously, "And you didn't walk back?" Thon shook his head, "And you didn't question what might have allowed you to do that?" Again Thon shook his head, but more slowly this time. Radagast sighed, "You fool man, you've been had. Someone made you see things that weren't there." His voice was soft but firm.
And who around here has the magic to do that? Thon's eyes snapped from confusion back to anger. That's right. HE does. He wants you away from Hathien and Tregallien. He wants to break up the group so that he has a free run at joining Sauron. He doesn't want to help at all. He would see you all die! You know what you must do.
"Yes Radagast." Thon's voice was low and repentant, "I see that now. I had no right to mistrust my friends." He clasped his hands demurly infront of him and Radagst approched, one hand held out paternally.
"There lad, you see truth now, don't you."
"Aye." Almost imperceptably Thon's hand began to shift. Radagast came closer.
"You know the power of the one you face."
"Aye." Closer.
"You know that you have to be strong."
"Aye!" in one movement Thon had grasped Radagast's shoulder and spun him around so that he now held the Mage tight, a wickedly sharp blade at his throat.
"I will be strong. I will rid the world of one who would lend his powers to Sauron's cause. Who would see us all die in a new age of shadow!"

Ooc - Dun dun DUUN!!:evil:
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 03:11
Ooc - *joins the audience in a chorus of "ooooh"s*

Ic - Háthien, it seemed, was nailed to the very spot on which she stood, her blue eyes wide with horror and confusion. By sheer instinct, she had drawn her knives, their grey-white blades glinting dangerously in the starlight. What, precisely, she planned on using them for hadn't come to mind just yet, since it was, as previously stated, mere habit to hide behind the protection they could give her.

"Thon! Please. What are you doing?" The Elf looked on increduously, her tight grip loosening ever-so slightly on the wooden hilts. "It's Radagast! The Maia you said could solve whatever it was that ailed Walnut."

She shook her head disconcertingly, slowly replacing the long blades into their respective sheaths, knowing full well that she could never use them on the burly ranger. "Thon. Murdering Radagast would not solve anything. Without him, Walnut may fall further into shadow, and our very lives may be jeopardized."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 04:47
"I could never hurt you Hathien." Thon's voice was sincere but oddly calm considering the situation, "I just want to protect you from his evil intents." He minutly tightened his grasp on Radagast, "That can never be murder. Something you know all too well about, hey Treg?"
Treg paled visibly and his jaw twitched with emotion, "We agreed never to speak of that again Ethoner. My Father is dead for proven reason, you are going on the strength of... what exactly?"
"THE TRUTH!!"
"What truth?" Treg stepped forward, his eyes on Radagast rather than Thon, "Aiwendil has been nothing but good, true and helpful to us since we met him in Pelargir. What leads you to throw that away?"
Thon's eyes clouded and he seemed to be struggling with something, "I... I... I just know!"
"But you don't, do you Thon? I know that this isn't you doing the thinking, I know you're in there. Listen to me Thon, fight it!"
"Stop... stop..." His voice no longer held the strident, slightly hysterical edge it had. Now he just sounded tired and slightly afraid.
In the Ranger's grasp Radagast closed his eyes and began to silently mouth arcane words and trace spidery symbols in the air before him.

Ooc - Over to you Hath, have some fun!
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 08:19
"Stop, Thon? What do you want us to stop?" Háthien questioned, eyeing Radagast. "Do you want us to deny the truth? The only truth?"

The Noldo recognized the beginnings of a familiar spell, one she had seen used once, perhaps twice, before. Strange things came to her in dreams, mostly the events and occurances of the First Age. Perhaps the most traumatizing of them all was the Kinslaying. She had been there somehow, involved so much that she had even the blood of both Noldor and Teleri staining the pale skin of her long-fingered hands.

She took a step forward. "Ethoner. Fight it. You're strong. You can rebel against it." If it wasn't already obvious, Háthien wasn't entirely literate in soothing, encouraging phrases. She seemed, and felt, a bit akward.

Ooc - Eek! That was short. But the ball's in your court now, Alsin!
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 08:10
Ooc - Lord but I'm looking forward to when we get Broadband. This will all become so much easier.

Ic - "I can... I can..." Thon's muscles were trembling as he warred with the alien presence stealing his mind, "NO!! Stop confusing me! You're all as bad as each other!"
"Elenath!" Radagast cried and an aura of power seemed to emanate from his body, engulfing all who stood near. Ethoner cried out and dropped to his knees, his fists clenched before his face, as the Spell of Revelation began to work. Slowly the air around him seemed to thicken and soon the lean ranger was obscured by an aura of swirling space, at once all colours and none.
"We see you Dark Flame!" Radagast called, his voice suddenly powerful and authoritarian, "Leave this man! Go back to your pit of depravity! LEAVE HIM!!!"
From the swirling mass a voice came, a voice that chilled the listeners to the bone, a voice that seemed to be Ethoner's but held the promise of all the dark things that were feared in the watches of the night.
"You challenge me Spellweaver? No matter, I will have this one, and all of you, when the time is right. Your hope will not avail you, nothing can stop the Shadow!"
Suddenly, as though someone had blown out a candle, the aura was gone and all that was left was Ethoner, lying in the dust, shivering.

Ooc - Oh the patheticness of the man, I've just realised how much time he spends horizontal.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 07:00
Ooc - Careful! You might make ol' Háth sound like some common huzzy!

Háthien, her eyes clouded with worry, ran to Ethoner. "Oh, Thon," she breathed, kneeling carefully over him. Words wouldn't suffice. She felt relieved, worried, and yet she also wanted to slap him. In fact, she undoubtedly would have if he hadn't been through such an ordeal.

Finally regaining some of her wits, the fiery-haired she-Elf resheathed the knife that he had held on Radagast, and shook her finfer at him in a small act of *almost* maternal instinct. "Never. And, I do mean never are you going off on your own again, Ethoner son of Gondor! I have half a mind to cuff you for nothing more than my own satisfaction!" She grunted slightly. "You're a lucky one, man. Let's hope it stays that way."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 08:13
Ooc - Do you realise that it is nine months to the day that Krisk started this thread? And I used to think that three months was a good duration.

Ic - Thon slowly eased himself up so that he rested on one elbow, his brown eyes looking deeply into the aqualine depths of Hathien's.
"I deserve anything and everything you can throw at me Hathien Oronar." His voice was weak but the emotion in it was genuine, "I should have known that you would never betray me. I should have questioned what I saw, what I found myself thinking, but I didn't. I deserve to be hung for a traitor."
"Don't say that mellon nin." Tregallien stepped forward from where he had hung back with Radagast, "The Dark Lord is strong. Elven minds would have broken under his onslaught. I know that it was not you having those thoughts and that you were acting against your will. All I care is that you are back with us, whole and sound."
"I don't deserve you Tregallien, mellon nin."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 04:36
Ooc - Nine months, eh? And, here I was thinking I had commitment issues...

Ic - The pale elven face was still furrowed slightly and the rose-bud mouth was set in a rather grim line, making Háthien look rather a lot more intimidating than she actually was. What was there to say? The Elf was a talented actress.

"Well, I'm not so lenient. Although, don't get me wrong, I am glad you're alright. However-" and this is where she smirked, I daresay somewhat wickedly "-I think you're a filthy, imbecilic, overgrown donkey. A donkey who deserves nothing more than a noldorin dagger shoved down his windpipe." She paused for effect. "But... you'll just have to settle for this-" And, with that, she planted a rather hearty kiss on his ruggedly hansome face.

Smiling, she gave him a playful nudge. "Think you can handle such punishment?"

Ooc - I'll be gone til Thursday. Don't miss me as much as I will you!

Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 08:12
Ooc - Of course I'll miss you Hath! But hey, I have my new braces to be getting used to, I'll be too busy being an offical metalmouth to worry about anything else! Lol! Have fun wherever you're off to!

Ic - Thon's face broke into a relieved smile that quickly took on a wolfish edge, "I think I can struggle through it, somehow." He slipped his hand up into Hathien's hair, revlling in it's softness and gave her a more teasing, loving kiss before holding out his hands and letting his friends help him to his feet.
Once standing he took a few unsteady steps to stand before Radagast.
"How... how can I thank you Radagast for preventing me from doing something I would not be able to live with?"
"Ethoner don't be daft, at times like this it's my job. Now go and sit down lad, you look like death warmed up."
"Sheesh! Thankyou very much!"

Ooc - C**p WBFH!!!!!! I have no idea what to do with this but am thinking that moving on to the morning would be a good move.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 05:29
Ooc - Guess who's baaaaack!!! *flies into the room with an umbrella, looking very much like Mary Poppins* And, moving along to morning seems to be the general concensus.

Ic - The morning sun dawned before any of the oddly varied group was ready for it. The heat was already blistering, and steadily growing as the blazing star rose higher.

Háthien, perched lazily on Gil-calen's two-toned back, chuckled almost silently as her throughts drifted to the previous night. It was hardly believeable that only a few short hours before Treg and herself had been accused of something neither of them would have ever dreamt of doing and Radagast's life had come a little too close for comfort to the edge. But, the worst was over. Or, so the Noldo chose to think for the time being.

"'Morning, Radagast." She greeted the old Maia, noticing that he looked amazingly well rested. Of course, he had taken the oppurtunity to sleep while she, Treg, and Thon had chosen to go at it. "There's some tea brewing if you'd care for some." She motioned almost sleepily towards the pot that was settled amidst a still-smoking pile of ashes.

Although the Elf looked as though she hadn't moved for hours, she had in fact taken the initative in making some sort of breakfast. Besides the herbal tea, there was a pan warming a few thick slices of way-bread, and a small amount of honey to sweeten the drab loaves. Whoever thought a traveler could make his fare on Cram had, obviously, never been forced to live off the stuff. But, she wasn't going to complain. It was, afterall, better than starving to death in the arrid heat of an unwelcoming desert.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 08:11
Ooc - Your sig worries me now. :evil:

Ic - Tregallien flipped the heavy loaves in the pan and added a drizzle more honey, just so they could soak.
"Yes, sleepyhead. Get some of this inside you. We have a big day ahead."
Thon groaned from where he lay in the megre shade offered by a rock. His shirt lay gently steaming in the sun and he was already coated in a fine sheen of sweat over his sunburn.
"Do not remind me of where we're going. I just know I'm going to flip out on you again."
"And I wont hear of you staying out here to roast!" Treg took on his mother hen mode, "And if you're coming into the shade of the Grove you might as well go the whole hog and remove Sauron as well."
"You make it sound so easy."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 03:21
Ooc - hahahahaha. Háth's mommy's going crazy! Crazy! Crazzzzzzzzzzzeeeeee!!! :rolling:

Ic - Háthien, from her lazy position on top of the piebald meara, tweaked her brow, the slender arch raising dangerously. "What exactly are we planning on doing once we reach wherever it is we're headed?" She looked pointedly at Radagast. "Dying, perhaps? Giving it one last go, and leave this world in one last blaze of glory?"

Slipping with such casual ease from the equine's broad, two-toned back, the petite Elf tossed what was left of her morning tea into the nearby brush. She, being a daughter of such a passionate people as the fiery Noldor, had a tendency to use her hands when attempting to express herself.

And, that was precisely what she was doing now. Waving her empty cup around. "The Shadow knows we're here. And, He also knows that you aren't just an old man," she said, motioning towards the Maia. "Don't get me wrong. I'm more than happy to charge helter skelter into an unassessed situation-" and here came the almighty exception "-but what about Walnut? Supposing the Thing that's posessed him finds this a convenient time to attack the rangers under his command? I'm willing to die, but are you willing to let them?"
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 09:06
Ooc - Poor Hath's mommy.

Ic - "There is one thing that Sauron can't resist, even in his weakened state, and that is a challenge. He likes to show that he can still master all comers. Likely he's just using Walnut to break the spirits of your lot," He glanced at Thon, "So that he can bend them to his will and use them as a recruiting drive. He needs warriors and who better to find them than the fabled Rangers of Ithillien?"
"You know, I feel slighted now," Thon put in from his spot under the rock, "That we aren't even worth a heroic last stand agaisnt the dark powers and their minion. But I'm too hot to protest."
"Aww." Radagst clearly felt no sympathy, "You three have an improtant job in there. I'll be engaged in a battle of magic with Sauron that could take many forms. Your job is to keep the less magical of the undead creatures and fell minions that will come off of me so that I'm free to deal with the big stuff."
"Fair enough." Treg transferred the hot cram from the pan to some old, battered tin plates, "Grub's up."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 02:24
Ooc - Ah. The joys of going nutty!

Ic - At the mention of 'grub', both Elf and Meara came forward, neither one looking terribly anxious to be eating Cram of all things. And, since neither was all that hungry, they intended on sharing.

Without a second thought, Gil-calen reached into the cast-iron skillet Treg now held and plucked one of the last thick slices of waybread for herself and her elven friend to enjoy. Háthien grinned in amusement. "Please excuse her muzzle," was all she said as she tore off half of the small loaf.

Munching away almost thoughtfully, the she-Elf glanced at the three 'men' before her, only one of them actually being a mortal man. It was nearly comical, them all being here as such a varied group, looking for danger when, in times of late, you needn't go searching for it; it was more than willing to find you. Songs would probably never be sung nor stories told of their deeds here, if they suceeded or not. Not that it mattered. It was a duty to the good that still resided in Middle Earth. Heros would arise before the Shadow overtook all. And, Sauron would be vanquished. Of that, Háthien was certain.

"Thon? Tea?" She asked, retreating from her musings. "Treg? Radagast?" Before either could answer, she handed both Maia and Elf a tin cup, filled with a cooling brew that had become her specialty. Thon's, however, she held on to and, taking his plate with her, strode over to the prone ranger.

She handed him both. "Here you are, love. Now, as Treg says, if you're going to remove Sauron, you've got to eat."

Ooc - *le sigh* 'tis a post filled with nothing more than rambling and cow dung.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 08:00
Ooc - I am well chuffed! Today wnet my way! Lots of chocolate, STICKERS!!! and a piano performance in which I didn't totally go to pieces! Life is good!

Ic - Thon eyed the Cram distrustfully and placed it on the ground beside him for a second while he took the tea and swallowed the majority of it in one gulp.
"Ah... Perfect. There has to be peppermint in this somewhere. It's actually making this place comfortable." He pulled Hath down beside him and attacked hsi own plate while everyone else bolsered their reserves for the trying time ahead.

Soon camp was packed, the plates sandwashed, the horses saddled and the group ready to depart.
"All set?" Radagast asked, pointing his horse at an opening in the treeline.
"As we'll ever be." Treg replied chirpily as he nudged his horse into motion.
"I want it known that I think I'll be a liability and that this is a bad idea."
"Objection noted."
"It's not that I wont do my utmost to help, but I hate the idea of flipping out again and hurting you." Lessana began to follow the others out of instinct and Thon didnt argue but shivered as they passed into the oppressive shade of the Black Grove.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 08:13
Ooc - Yeppers! Life ish good! *is positive she heard a song about that the other day* And, STICKERS?! How'd you get stickers?! I want some, too! *just now realizes that she's once again used too many exclamation marks*

Ic - Gil-calen followed Radagast's horse closely as they slipped into the ominous shadow cast by some very unfriendly looking trees. It was slightly unsettling, especially so when a bizarre gust of wind would appear out of no where and vanish as quickly as it had come. Háthien was a little skeptical about the whole thing, her heart pounding like the rhythm of skittish hooves on gravel. If no one else heard it, it would certainly qualify as an act of God.

"If you do, Thon, just know that I'll be the first to stick you full of daggers," the petite she-Elf said as though it were supposed to be comforting. "That is, if Gil-calen doesn't beat me to it." Threatening the lanky ranger had made her feel slightly less powerless, although knowing that what happened to Thon could quite easily happen to her next still haunted her.

Ooc - Ok. That is one baaaaaad post.

[Edited on 13/4/2005 by ~Háthien_Oronar~]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 07:59
Ooc - We're reaching a sticky point though, aren't we? I mean, I had no ideas past the plot bunny... OK so maybe one literally just come to me... but it still requires us to get into a down and dirty fight with Sauron and his undead hoardes. How? I don't know.
I have nothing to post right now, I'll get back to you tomorrow.
Sorry very much.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 08:32
Ooc - Ok, here now.

Ic - As the group passed deeped and deeper into the oppressive darkness the horses began to skitter nervously and the riders were often whipping their heads aroung towards a half seen glimpse of movement or a whisper on the cusp of hearing.
Soon Ethoner had had enough.
"I can't take this anymore! If anything dark, repulsive and unpleasant is out there, show yourself! I'm sure I've seen much worse than you!" He called into the waiting trees. Taking a deep breath he relaxed in his saddle, "Radagast, at the risk of sounding like a petulant child, Are we nearly there yet?"
"I have no idea Thon. I'm working on the idea that all roads lead to Gondor and we'll know it when we find it."
"You're helpful then."
Again an oddly uncomfortable silence descended in which the dead Oaks seemed to be mocking their fragile mortality.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 04:56
OOC: Sorry, i don't have my elf in the db yet, will soon! Thanks Alsin!

IC:She was standing less than twenty feet away from their little group. From here she could see all four of them.
'"I can't take this anymore! If anything dark, repulsive and unpleasant is out there, show yourself! I'm sure I've seen much worse than you!" '
The one shouting was called Thon. She had heard the other one call him that, the one that Thon had called Radagast. She didn't know the names of the other two, but that hardly mattered. Well, not to her anyway.
She smiled a little. Had he chosen his words a little better, perhaps she would have stepped out of the trees. Perhaps not. But since she was not dark, repulsive, or unpleasant, she would not give him the satisfaction of her making an appearance. Not just yet, anyway. She moved off, into the dark trees, and then she purposely let the dim light flash off the silver hilt of one of three daggers she carried. If any of them were worth anything, they would notice.

She pulled her cloak tighter about herself as she settled down on the edge of the treeline, and she stirred the dying embers of her fire. That got the flames to flourish a bit, and she set about preparing a hot meal.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 04:32
Ooc - Alsin? Did I ever tell you just how much I love you!

Ic - The tall ranger's choice of words had, indeed, been slightly askew. Afterall, if there was anything 'dark, repulsive and unpleasant' lurking in the depths of the impermeable shadows, the Elf was not entirely positive she was ready to face it.

Their pace was almost leisurely as they continued into the heart of the evil wood; an apprehensive calm had settled around them, whether for need to see and hear the nearly living darkness or because words were easily smothered in the heavy air. Whatever the reason, they were silent, senses alert for anything that seemed out of the norm. But then, could anything in that god-forsaken land be considered normal? Háthien doubted it.

Suddenly, as though it were a star of the heavens sent from the mighty hand of Varda, an all too brilliant light sliced through the hazy blackness of the close Grove. It was not so bright a glow as to blind her nor was it so unnoticeable that she easily could have missed it.

Háthien, apparently being worth something to someone, had taken note of the unimposing presence long before the silvery brilliance had reflected through the trees. It annoyed her slighty that another of the Elder Children had the audacity to slink around like some common orc rabble. However, she wasn't about to mention the spy. Instead, she simply retreated further into the mystical confines of her elven-tailored cloak.

Ooc - Welcome to you, Iell! As they say - the more, the merrier!
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 10:58
OOC: Thanks Hathien! I had been wanting to check out this thread, so I was thrilled when Alsin asked me!

IC: She could hear them. They were slowly approaching. She stirred the meaty stew in the little pot, and tasted it. The wind had shifted slightly, and was now blowing toward the newcomers. If they didn't see her meager fire, she was relatively certain they would smell the stew.
Her horse nickered softly, and Enariel smiled. They were closer. She was a little nervous about meeting up with them, but the dreams had come and had bid her to set out, and then the mysterious messenger had come to her one night while she was camping and directed her here, where she had been waiting for some time. Everything the dreams had foretold had occurred, including the wound in her side. The one that seemed to be taking forever to heal. She had managed to dull most of the pain, and keep it clean so that it would not become septic. Fortunately it had not been poisoned, but the arrowhead had snapped off inside the wound, and she had had to dig it out herself, doing more damage then when it had gone in. It was now little more than a dull ache, but it was annoying.
She heard a twig snap, and her horse nickered again. She sat forward and stirred the stew again. She was glad they had the wizard with them. He would be able to see that she was not an enemy, even if the others thought she was.
She pulled her hood up on her cloak, and placed her hand along the top of her right boot, just in case she needed her dagger she had there. After all, she was leaving her back completely open to attack, something she didn't normally do.
Her hands clenched with nervousness as she sat there as still as she could, stirring the pot of stew, and humming softly. She felt their arrival at the edge of the woods and her head came up from watching the stew. Still turned away from them, she said, "Mae govannon."(Well met.)

[Edited on 17/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 02:19
Ooc - Glad it's all working out. Here's to another nine months of this thing! :cheers:

Ic - The group had suspected for a while that something more tangible than they had been expecting was lurking near them, had been sure since the flash but had still been entirely taken aback by the smell of a good, meaty stew that began to waft through the stagnant air to them.
As the continued on they had broken into a clearing in which a figure hunched over a fire, tending to a bubbling pot. As they entered fully the figure straigtened and welcomed them.
"Mae Govannen stranger." Treg eased hsi mount forward, Radagst slipped into the 'old man' role and Thon and Hath tried not to look as confused as they felt.
"Who is it that we address?" The young Elf shot Thon a fiery look as the Ranger's stomach betrayed his reaction to the savoury smell pervading the clearing, very loudly.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 10:07
The figure turned toward Treg, and took a few steps toward him. She reached her hand up and rubbed his mount's nose, with one hand, and with the other, she pushed her hood down. Her green eyes shone warmly at Treg, and then said, with a slight laugh in her voice, "You know it would be far easier to talk if your friend's stomach was not interrupting. Come, dismount, and take some food and rest." When all four hesitated, she heaved a sigh, and said," You have nothing to fear from me. Your wizard can attest to that." She looked up at Treg again and said softly, "If you must know my name to be comfortable with dismounting and taking nourishment with me, so be it. my name is Enariel, and as I have already said," her eyes shifting to each of the other three before returning to lock with Treg's eyes, "I mean you no harm." She dropped her hand from his horse's muzzle and turned away, walking back over and digging into her pack, withdrawing the letter the messenger had instructed her to give to the wizard. She silently strode to him, handing the letter up to him,and a look of pain flashed across her face for a minute, and she glanced sideways at the two elves and the ranger, hoping none had noticed what had happened when she reached up with her right arm. She then returned to her place by the fire, stealing a glance up at the tall elf as she passed him, adding as she sat,"I was compelled to meet you here. For what purpose, I have yet to figure out."
She removed the stew pot from the fire, and dished herself up some of it, finally turning back and looking at the company, none of whom had yet to say anything or make a move to dismount. She sighed and shook her head, and took a bite of the stew. She had gone ahead and answered the Elf's question. Now it was up to them.

[Edited on 17/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 12:21
The once pale Elf, her skin now tanned and roughened by days in the blistering sun, rarely missed anything. She had the keen senses of a woodland warrior and the empathic perception of an Elven healer. And, it was clear that Enariel was, essentially, in pain. Be it when she moved or not, it was there.

Quirking a delicately arched brow, Háthien cast an inquisitive glance at her male companions. Neither of them looked ready to dismount, and Radagast was intent on the scrolling script written on the milky white of the paper. She sighed, shaking her head slightly, and slid from Gil-calen's two toned back. The mare, relieved of the light pressure the small Elf had been, greeted the new horse with a soft whicker.

Háthien approached the small fire and the fellow she-Elf with a casual grace. "Then, perhaps, we shall find it out together." She smiled slightly. "Háthien eneth nîn."

Ooc - psh. I write horribly. and that elvish up yonder = my name is (insert name here).
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 02:36
OOC: I have read your writing and it is quite good! So stop!

"I am pleased to meet you. Are you hungry?" Without waiting for an answer from the slight wisp of an elf, she handed her a bowl of stew and a large hunk of bread that she dug out from under the coals of the fire.
"Please, sit and eat. I would not be a good hostess if I let guests to my little encampment starve." She hurriedly filled three more bowls, and added bread, setting them down around the fire.
"Excuse me, please, for a moment," she said and she retreated into a small tent set off between two trees.
Once out of the vision of her company, she pulled off her vest and tunic, and looked at her side. Damn! When she had reached up with her right arm, she had torn the wound open again.
She scrambled around and finally found her athelas and put some in her mouth and chewed it. She took the small wad out and placed it where the torn skin was and put a fresh bandage over it. She wadded up the old bandage, stuffed it into her pack to dispose of later, and she quickly dressed again.
She grabbed a bottle of wine out of her tent and went out and offered it to her guests. She was happy to see the wizard, the ellon and the ranger had dismounted and now sat around the fire eating. She tapped Treg on the shoulder with the bottle, as he was seated closest to her place at the fire, and handed it to him when he looked up.
"So. I feel I need to explain how I know your names," she said looking at Thon and Radagast. "I heard you speaking to each other in the woods. I was watching you, and I was responsible for the curious flash of light. Now I know Háthien, and you are obviously Radagast,"she said nodding at the wizard, "you are Thon, and you are?" She looked at the elf next to her, just glanced at him really, feeling far less confident than she did when he was on his horse and she was responding to his question. She hazarded a glance at Háthien, afraid that perhaps she was sitting too close, so she scooted away a couple of inches to the right.
She propped her right arm behind her back to lean on to try to take some of the burning sensation away as she waiting for his answer.

OOC: Now, I am not trying to write her as being flirty, she is just very friendly, and as he was the first to speak to her, she is focussing on him and plus she knows she can trust these people, because of the dreams(which will come into play directly in the storyline....well, if Treg doesn't like her sort of flirting, I am sure he will say something about it. So what do you guys think of the post? Good enough?
Okay, just so you guys can use this information(writing in that, say, one of them ask what she meant by being compelled to meet them) and she will explain this:
She was living in the woods outside of Mirkwood. She has had prophetic dreams for many years. She had not had one for some time, but she suddenly began having them again, and they indicated that she needed to leave her home and set out to find the people in her dreams. Little bits about things that have happened, like for instance the thing about what Thon "saw" happen between Treg and Hath, locations they have been in, various things about Walnut, the places they have travelled to, the knife to Radagast's throat, the fact that they were approaching the woods, all kinds of little things. She has seen things between Hath and Thon as well, so she is rather confused about exactly which male Hath is actually attracted to. So she is going to be very careful about stepping on Hath's toes as far as they go.She will be very shy about actually starting a conversation with either one of them when and if they are alone.
If you need anymore information, let me know.

[Edited on 18/4/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 08:21
Ooc - It's a great post love! Breathe!
I love the backthought you put into it, if I did half as much in Drama and AmDram then my acting would be a whole lot better!
I'm going to develop Treg a bit more, he has a chance to shine now!

Ic - "Tregallien Dreamguard, at your service Milady." Treg bowed slightly as he passed the wine bottle along. He paused as he took another mouthful of stew, "This is very good you know." Thon nodded his agreement vigorously, "I don't mean to sound nosey Mistress Enariel, but if you felt compelled to meet up with a lot of total strangers, what compelled you?" He stretched his lithe legs out infront of him and studied their hostess as he waited for a reply.

Ooc - Warning, I have GCSE exams coming up from about two weeks from now and I need to revise so the quality and regularity of my posts may go down for a month or so as the madness ensues.
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email