Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: It Begins with an Ale (Please read OOC)[OPEN]
on: January 29, 2005 06:35
Ooc - Hee hee! That's a very interesting site! Now, Háth doesn't feel like such an oddball.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 09:33
Ooc - Glad you like it. Oh, btw. I wont be able to post on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of Feb as am performing in the school show and will be out until odd hours of the night. Will be enjoying myself very much though, I get to dress up in the whole motrat board and teachers robe ensemble! I look great!

Ic - Hama seemed to think for a second then leant forward conspiritorially, "It was given to him by one of the newer higher ups. We've just had a reshuffle at the top and a lot of new Generals have promoted new Captains that they know and trust. It does raise questions of ulterior motives though and, come to think of it, the reports I've had of General... Dalamar, that was it, all say that he's had the same odd 'quirks' as Raistlin's getting."
"Something in the water." one of the others quipped.
"Maybe..." Thon mused.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 10:00
Ooc - Oh, have fun, love! And, I want to hear all about it when you come back.

Ic - "Dalamar?" Háthien bit down thoughtfully on her pipe. "The name seems like it should be familiar."

Glancing from Hama to Thon and back again, she took a step closer, purposefully ignoring the imbecilic comment from some ranger she couldn't put a name to. "Anyone ever see this Dalamar? Just seems a bit odd that he should be... lowering, if you will, the rangers to such an extent as this." The Elf paused and held up her hand to quiet any arguments. "Now, I'm not saying you all aren't an admirable bunch, but suppose for a moment that there are alterior motives. Seems a bit coincidental, doesn't it?"

"And," she continued, "it's going to get so as you can't breathe without getting reprimanded because, Eru forbid, you didn't ask the Captain's permission." Háthien, looking all the more like a Noldorin rebel, began pacing. "You're certainly no longer permitted to have weapons training. Where's that going to leave you in a few weeks? Aye, you're all hardy fellows, so it may take a month... maybe longer. But it would be terribly convenient for any old band of ruffians, now wouldn't it?" Háthien stopped, drew deeply on her pipe, and let her case rest.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 09:09
Ooc - Hellooooo!!!!! It was so incredibly mad! I made some daft mistakes and spent most of the last night trying to avoid coughing on stage, but otherwise all good and wonderful! One girl went off ill so the assistant director had ten minutes to learn her lines and do the part! Thank goodness she wan't on very often!

Ic - "Hmm." Thon sighed deeply, "I wish I knew what was going on with that Iznogud character. Is it connected or is it just Walnut going off the rails for money?"
"He wouldn't do it just for money." Caramon jumped in, "He may be going odd but he's still my brother and I know him. He despises rich people because of the things their greed does. He couldn't go that far out of character to take money and allow people to be robbed."
"But..."
"Well well well. This is a cosy little confab isn't it?" All heads turned to see Walnut framed in the door of his office, "It's past midnight and i know that some of you are on morning patrol. Bed. Now."
Some of the men seemed about to at least question, if not practically riot about this treatment but a quick shake of the head from Hama and they went, grumbling and with many a dark look, but they went and soon a disgruntled silence settled over the bunkhouse.

Ooc - WBFH!!!!
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 04:04
Ooc - ooh, it sounds like fun! but, coughing, eh? aren't catching something, are you?

Ic - Háthien sat, her pipe now extinguished, pondering still these things and those, blue eyes barely focused in this dimesion. Acorn was already snoring peacefully on her pillow, his little rodent face scrunched up in undisturbed slumber. A crooked smile tilted her rose bud mouth, a few thoughts of her tiny bed mate flittering through her head.

Her wrist she clutched in her left hand, the sleeve pushed past her elbow and a long, jagged, purple scar ran the length of her forearm. She appeared to be studying it, but from the faraway look in her eyes, one could guess she'd been reliving the past. Aye, it had hurt. Hurt more than anything had before in her millenia-old life time. But she doubted it would be the last time she'd ever bear the brunt of Evil's malice.

She hung by a cruelly-fashioned rope, its rough braid digging further into her fair skin by the moment. Soon, all feeling in her upper extremeties was lost. The warmth of the blood that trickled slowly down her limbs and across her womanly figure was little less than grotesque. Darkness would come and go at will, the horrible orcish tongue fading and returning full-force as though it were a heartbeat, pulsating in her already throbbing skull. Heated words occasionally escaped her cut lips, getting a hoot or two of laughter as a reward. She was still defiant, and refused to wince or otherwise show any outward sign of pain. Although it grew more difficult with each passing minute. Consciousness was slowly slipping away until, at last, it had finally left her.

The Elf still hadn't aroused from her deep, often raging ocean of memories, but it didn't matter right then, did it? No one was there to see her. She could have wept if she'd been the type to do so. Yet, Noldorin pride and her own inborn fear of seeming weak kept her from shedding a tear. No one other than her close family had ever seen her weep, and it was going to stay that way.

Ooc - Figured I've been absent for a bit, so I'd make it up to you. Just a tiny glimpse into Háthien's past, but I suppose it's well worth a look. And, btw, what ever happened to LCotE?
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 09:16
Ooc - No, I'm not ill. Just forgetting which order to breath and swallow in, not a good move. I have no idea what happened to LCotE, it just kind of disappeared. It's probably been deleted by now, Lord that was about six months ago! And it was a very interesting and possibly useful insight into Hath's past. I shall file that one away.

Ic - Thon lay back in his bunk and stared at the rough roof beams above him.
He thought back to when he had been a green recruit, no older than Quentin, and had been posted to an outpost in Mirkwood under the command of a formidable Elf, name of Gilbert Dreamguard (Don't ask). Gilbert had been among those first to awaken at the dawn of the world and had lived through the first age of darkness and the reign of Sauron.
He smiled as he remembered the looks of fond disgust on the faces of Gilbert's son and daughter as he began to tell his tales of the war, for what seemed the hundreth time.
Those stories though were what held his recollections. The stories of even those of the Fair Folk forced to do terrible deeds at their enforced master's bidding. Of the slaves liberated at Sauron's demise, the disfigured, the traumatised and, most frighteningly, the empty - those with nothing left, no fear, no anger, no love... nothing.
The tall Ranger supressed a shiver as the mental images counjered up by his Captain all those years ago came back to haunt him and the possibility that the terrible things described in such detail could soon be happening again, to those he held dear, left a void in him that left him feeling nauseated.
Shaking hsi head to clear it he abruptly sat up and, not caring what the others or Walnut thought, padded out into the yard to go and talk to Lessana, the only one who would let him pour his heart out to her wihtout trying to do anything helpful about it.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 09:40
Ooc - Deleted? Dear goodness, no! It hasn't been deleted. How do I know? Well, let's just say I'm a nosy, old bat.

Ic - Still immersed in her pool of memories and drowning, it seemed, as time wore on, Háthien made a soft, barely audible noise. It was almost a whine... or, perhaps, a groan. Either way it sounded like nothing human.

Her recollections returned to her, of what happened after she'd been cut down and roused from the somewhat comforting darkness. She had stayed with the group, which seemed to accumulate people like a puddle did rain, only until it was convenient to slip away. Help was one thing she didn't need. Nor want.

Hearing footsteps in the main part of the bunkhouse, Háthien stirred from her thoughts, though a dazed, hurt look still remained in that ocean blue gaze. When she glanced to the door, an odd, deep pink mark had suddenly appeared over her right eye, obviously slicing through her brow. It was, undoubtedly, a scar... one that had resurfaced at the intense emotions felt only moments before by the minute Elf.

Háthien cast a quick look at Acorn, still sleeping peacefully, and moved to a nearby window. Using only elven agility, she opened the glass and propelled herself through. She landed softly on the ground outside and immediately rolled until she was well away from the building. Popping up, she headed around the corner of the station, intent on little more than easing her own pain.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 08:46
Stroking the sleepy, velvet muzzle of his faithful mount Thon was unaware of anyone near the stables until he caught their movement from the corner of his eye. Snapping his head the the direction of the disturbance he saw nothing but a fleeting glimmer just at the edge of his vision. Again he turned and this time he saw her, Hathien, her inherent Elven glow seeming brighter tonight than it ever had since he met her. She was moving purposefully, looking neither to the left or right and Thon felt it would not be a good time to make his presence known. He stepped back slightly so that Lessana's bulk hid his dark form from view and waited.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 10:52
Háthien, to be honest, wasn't positive what she had intended to do when she'd propelled herself out of the window. Maybe she had hoped to escape the enclosing walls that had felt more like a prison than a barracks. Maybe to run from the pain. No, she didn't run. She never ran. Not until all hope for anything more vanished. It had happened once; only once in her thousand years of life. It was either that or see Haldir be shot full of arrows like some living target.

Shaking her head, the petite Elf forced every memory from her skull and, by the way she looked it must have been both a pyshical and mental effort. A sigh lifted her shoulders, the exhalation breathy enough to make her cringe. The cool night air seemed to catch it, swirl it around and throw it right back at her. It, the night, seemed a living thing, intent on taunting her.

Speaking of living, Háthien paused, a soft grin acknowledging a certain someone's presence. "Hello, Lessana," greeted the Elf, feeling the sleepy eyes of the mare on her. "'Tis a nice night, no?" When the horse whickered some soft reply, Háthien nodded and continued on her way into the nearby brush, giving no sign that she knew Thon was there.

Ooc - Mind blank! So, forgive my incessant ramblings.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 08:43
Ooc - Dpn't worry, I know all about incessant ramblings. I'm doing mocks at the moment and, over the course of four hours and two exams managed to write about 10 pages to total cow dung!!

Ic - Swallowing his heart again Thon returned to his gentle stroking of Lessana's muzzle, yet his eyes held more than a hint of worry for Hathien, her movements, her voice, her bearing, all had seemed oddly different as she strode towards the brush. Different in a way he was not going to mess with. He valued his limbs the shape they were and knew, or at least hoped, that if she really had a problem she would come to him. He wanted to be there for her, if only her proud and stubborn nature would let him.

Ooc - Oh yeah! On the Sims the other day, Thon had an affair on you and you found out. It's so funny to see him slapped around the face and looking dazed!
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 07:51
Ooc - Yoo hoo! Hiya! :wave: hehe. Sorry, just had to do that. So, Thon cheated on Háth, did he? I hope she belted him but good! And, did she take him back? Or was there a nasty seperation?

Ic - The darkness clung to the Elf maid, hiding her well as soon as she stepped into the sparse, dry brush. Her cloak, of elven make, helped her vanishing act along. Especially when she drew up the hood. For all the noise she had heard Acorn make earlier that day when he had scampered through this exact spot, Háthien didn't make a sound. Elven grace enabled her to slink along, soundlessly. And, although Háthien wasn't known for her ability to prowl the depths of the forest, unseen and unheard, (her skills in battle were her strong suit) she certainly could.

Starlight twinkled over the barren terrain of a land Háthien was certain Eru had forsaken. The sliver of a young moon hung high in the late night sky, giving little light by which to see. Elven eyes weren't daunted, though. Háthien could see both far and wide across the night-blanketed landscape. A soft breeze teased her unbound tresses; unseen fingers combing through her bronze locks. She shivered at the coolness of the touch, but continued along a pathway that had only seen the traffic of small rodents.

The she-Elf circled around, making a wide arc. And, in her aquatic gaze a familiar silhouette reflected, its broad shoulders weighed down by worry. Háthien smiled softly, discreetly and shrouded her presence in a way only Elves could.

"You should know I'm fine." The feminine voice spoke gently, her long-fingered hand nestling itself on Thon's brawny bicep. Háthien ducked under the ranger's arm, her slim form slipping between Lessana and her tall, dark and hansome rider. It was comforting being this close to Ethoner again, not that she'd necessarily inform him of that. "Just indulging in the past."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 09:11
Ooc - oh, she took him back but I don't think she totally forgave him, she did the same to him this afternoon! :rolling:

Ic - "Aren't we both." He raised a hand to trace the delicate line of her brow and frowned when she pulled ever so slightly away. Instead he rested the hand on Lessana's shoulder, effectively pinning Hath infront of him. Leaning close he savoured the smell of her hair and the glint of the weak light in her eyes. "But the past is past." He turned his head slightly to one side, "And the present is here before us." Parting his lips and closing his eyes he bent to find Hathien's own sweet mouth but stopped abruptly as she tensed in his arms.
"What was that?"
"What was what?"
"That!"
"What?"
"That!" Her voice became more insistent and Thon strained his hearing, and there it was. The steady rhythm of hooves coming closer and, on top of that, the light tones of an Elven voice.
"I told you they'd all be asleep. We should have stopped at that little cave then arrived in the morning."
The reply was too low and quiet to be heard.
"To the abyss with your feelings Aiwendil! You of all people should not be riding your horse into the ground."
Now the other vocie could be heard, "Well, where else am I meant to ride it? And what could merit the life of a horse but all the good in the world?"
The two riders were now entering the station compound and the Elf's heartfelt sight could be heard clearly.
Thon's grin threatened to take the top of his head off.
"Now I'm going to have to get them annoyed with me as I wake them up in the middle of the night!"
"No need Tregallien mellon nin." Thon stepped out from behind Lessana with a chuckle.
"Ethoner!" The Elf gave a most un-elflike whoop and dropped to the ground to sweep the tall Ranger into a tight embrace.
When the two parted thon spoke, "You made it then? And earlier than I was expecting."
"Yes. Aiewendil had one of his feelings that things were going from bad to worse here and so, of course, he wouldn't let us stop."
"Oh, stop your whining." Treg's companion had slipped stiffly from his saddle, "You know perfectly well why we had to keep going."
Thon broke fully away from Treg, "Radagast! How are you you barmy old coot?"

Ooc - Feel free to write for Radagast.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 04:05
Ooc - ha! Good girl, Háth! :naughty:

Ic - "Still puttering around, Ethoner, as usual." Came the wizard's baratone reply.

Háthien's grasp on her dagger's hilt had loosened at the first sounds of an Elven voice. Now, she peered curiously over Lessana's broad back, anxious to catch a glimpse of the Radagast. He had always struck her as a good-natured old man. Even though she knew full well that, in truth, he wasn't 'an old man'. Her own experience was limited with the Istari. Her grandfather and Mithrandir had been friends for longer than Háthien could recollect, but that didn't mean she was entirely familiar with the wizard. No, all she remembered of Gandalf's visits to their courtly home in Imladris were what was retold to her afterwards.

Moving around Lessana's hindquarters, the willowy she-Elf glanced at the door that separated the sleeping rangers from the outside world, hoping Walnut wasn't eavesdropping and with the intention on turning up now, of all times. How in the world would Thon explain that one?

Háthien decided not to worry about it as she returned her attenion to the chattering group of 'men'. "I hate to be the one to interupt and bother you at such a time as this. I know you've hardly the chance to catch up, but his captain-" she motioned towards Thon "- will have, undoubtedly, heard you all by now. And, from what I've seen of his 'troubles', if you will, your presence here, Radagast, may send him sprawling over the edge. That is, if he should find you both just arrived in the middle of the night."

She knew she hadn't introduced herself, but there was plenty of time for that later. Háthien was more concerned about Walnut. Afterall, she had seen the Shadow grow in his gaze when he had apologized and sent her out of his office with little less than a shove and a slam of the door. What had happened to him after that she didn't know, nor really care to think about. Anyway, Radagast and Thon's elven friend would just have to forgive her for her lack of manners.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2005 09:42
Ooc - Just anote about the whole Aiwendil thing. It's like Mithrandir, it means 'lover of birds' in Quenya and is, according to The Burping Troll, Radagast's elven name. Thus, if I can be bothered to keep spelling it, Treg will call him that.

Ic - Radagast's shoulders dropped and Thon sobered immediatly, "Then it is as I feared." The wizened old man took his horses reigns. "Come Tregallien, we will go and hide until morning when we shall make our presence known to Raistlin." He began to lead his horse away, "I shall see you two in the morning. Now go to bed."
As the two newcomers meandered their way into the distance Thon chuckled. "That man really missed a calling as a Sergeant." The tall Ranger sighed, "But he's right, we'd better hit the sack." He cupped Hath's face with a large hand, "Everything will be alright now. Radagast will know what to do." Straightening up he wandered back into the barracks and the first restful sleep he had got since stepping off the back of an Eagle.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 02:51
Ooc - lol. Alrightie. Aiwendil it is. Oh! And, I'll be gone for a couple days. So, take care of Háthien for me. And, I'm apologizing in advance for this being so short.

Ic - Háthien stared after Thon, her drooping eye lids reminding her that she hadn't had a good night's sleep for quite sometime, either. Even thought Elves had their own way of regaining energy, it still didn't compare to the real thing.

Following in Ethoner's footsteps, the slight-framed she-Elf returned to the barracks, quietly of course, and nearly fell into a tired heap of skirts and limbs. Amazingly, she'd done it without disturbing the little squirrel, who already slept peacefully beside her. In the morning, it was nearly certain, she'd find Acorn curled up and snoring softly atop her head, with a few long tresses for a blanket.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 09:09
Ooc - That's OK, I go off often enough, it must be your turn now. I used up my creative juices relating to this thread by writing the plot bunny for it in the middle of my RS Exam this afternoon!

Ic - Thon was abruptly awoken by an almighty clatter from the firepit.
"Quentin!" The call was raised, "Watch what you're doing, some of us are trying to feed the rest of you!" Caramon's distgruntled tones cut throught the general annoyance.
The tall Ranger sat up to see the young Rookie backing away from the fire, clutching at singed fingers and Caramon attempting to salvage spilled bacon.
"What is it anyway?"
"Ow!" Quentin sucked his fingers, "I was coming to tell you that we have visitors. Two riders just came in and want to see Captain Walnut."
"I'll see to the horses." Tanis got up and wandered out of the room.
"And I'll see to the people!" Thon leapt hurridly out of bed. It would not do to have any of the others, who mostly knew Treg by sight at least, meet them. Anything could happen.
"Suit yourself." Caramon bent back down to his cooking.
Outside Thon did his best to look surprised when Tregallien turned to him with his arms outstretched, "Ethoner, mellon nin! How are you? How long's it been?"
"Oh, about four hours." Thon whispered as he hugged his friend. "And who's this?"
"Oh, this is..." Treg paused, "Bram. He's an old friend of mine."
Thon nodded sagely. "So, were you two wanting to see Walnut?"
"We are indeed young Ranger." Radagast stepped forward.
"Right this way then Sir." Thon turned and began to lead the way, fighting the urge to smile as he heard Radagast behind him mutter, "Bram! Hmmph!"

Inside the office, where Walnut seemed to be spending more and more time lately, the troubled Captain of the Rangers looked up sharply from his paperwork at a knock on the door.
"Come in."
"Sir." Walnut's brow creased into a frown as Thon's head poked around the door.
"What is it?"
"We have visitors Sir. They are asking to speak with you."
"Very well. Send them in."
"Sir." Thon bowed slightly then stood back holding the door open for the newcomers.

[Edited on 13/2/2005 by Alsin_of_the_Forest]
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 08:35
Ooc - I'm baaaaaaack! And, this is going to be short because I've just got back from a doctor's appointment and have some schoolwork to do.

Ic - Háthien was perched precariously on some old crate that looked as if it could give way at any given second. Looking rather at home, Acorn had placed himself atop the Elf's bronze head and set about watching each and every ranger in turn. Together they looked as far out of the ordinary as one might suppose the situation could get.

"So, what does this Bram of your's have in mind?" She asked Thon when he shut the door and took a step or two closer to her. "Chasing ghosts, I hope?" She winked at him and drew out her pipe. One could always tell it was a hairy situation when Háthien smoked.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 09:03
Ooc - Good ta see ya again. I hope you aren't very ill to be going to the Doctor's.
Did you get anything for Valentine's Day?

Ic - "Oh, I should think that chasing Spirits is more what Bram has in mind." He chuckled and sat beside Hath, leaning close so that he would not be overheard, "Bram is infact the name of a very good barman on the Rohan border, remind me to take you to The Hobgoblin some day." He suddenly caught sight of the other pair of ears listening to him and gave Acorn a decidedly undecided look, shook his head and went back to his train of thought, "This conversation with Walnut ought to tell R... Bram everything he needs to know and he can tell us a plan of action from there."

Inside the office Tregallien was stood impassively infront of the door while Radagast sat across from Walnut, gazing at him with his unreadable eyes.
"Captain Raistlin. I come to you with a request. Deep in the past my family came from these parts and I wish to travel through and pay my respects at the graves of my ancestors where they lie, not far from the Black Grove."
"The Black Grove?" Walnut's eyebrow's shot upwards but he regained hsi composure quickly, "Please, wait here while I consult some maps of bandit movement. I will only allow you to go if I deem the way safe enough."
"A fair judgement." Radagast nodded graciously and Walnut hurried into the small, dark room that housed the majority of the Station's weaponry.
Inside he reached into his loose shirt and pulled out something in his fist, holding it up so that it caught the small rays of light filtering in through the dirty window and, closing his eyes, he began to whisper a sibilant and unsettling chant that seemed to distort the very fabric of the world around him, just for a second. When he had finished he opened his eyes and dropped to his knees before the shifting pattern of empty colours that now occupied the room with him.
"Why have you called me?" The voice seemed to come from nowhere in particualr but occupied every inch of space in Walnut's mind.
"My Lord, forgive me, I have a traveller here who wishes to make a pilgramage near your Grove. He seems harmless enough but he has an Elf with him who I believe will be his guide. Should I let them through?"
If nothingness could seem to be thinking that is what the void in the middle of the room was now doing. After a few second the voice returned.
"It would not to to bar them for this course, it would only raise suspicions, however, you were right about the Elf I must see for myself what he is."
Outside in the office Tregallien felt a great weight descend in his shoulders and he immediatly sank deep within the confines of his own mind to protect what little he knew from those that would know it also.
"Ah. He is young and inexperienced."The voice concluded, nothing to seriously worry us. Let them through."
"What should I do if they request an escort My Lord?"
"Why, let them have it. I think that those two troublemakers you warned me about may be the perfect ones."
"Ethoner and Hathien? Are you sure My Lord?"
"Are you questioning me?!"
"No My Lord." Walnut cowered.
"Good. I would ahte to think of what would occur if you were. Now do as I say. Send the old man and the Elf, along with your dissidents to the Black Grove. I am sure that there is some fun I can have with them when they arrive."
"Very well My Lord." Walnut stood as the shifting void faded away to nothing.

"I thankyou for your hospitality Captain Raistlin." Radagast said as he left the office. "I had not imagined that we would be offered an escort."
"Well, I deem the banit activity in the area to be easily enough discouraged and I feel that the two in quetion may benefit from some reponsibility." He shook Radagast's hand then turned to the bunk house in general, "Ethoner! Hathien! I've got a job for you two!"
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 11:24
Ooc - No, not ill. Just a regular check-up. And, I didn't get anything for Valentine's Day. How 'bout you?

Ic - If Háthien could look anymore annoyed, one might not want to glance upon her. Walls did not deter elven ears. She had heard a great deal of what had gone on in Walnut's office. And, none of it sounded like anything she particularly wanted to hear.

"Benefit from some responsibility? What in the void does he think we're doing?" The petite Elf muttered, more to herself than anyone. "Master must think we're some kind of fools."

Thon, of course, had stood immediately when Walnut called. He was a ranger, afterall, and that's what one did when you were in an organization like that. As he strode purposefully over to the deeply tanned captain, Háthien dismounted the crate, plucked Acorn off her head and followed much slower.

Her finely arched brow bent indignantly, but she managed a halfway pleasant tone. "A job, eh? And, just what does this job entail? That is if you don't mind my questioning you, My lord." Háthien's expression had slowly become unreadable, and she had conviently left her ocean blue gaze as blank as newly milled papyrus when she spoke the last part. It was up to him if he wanted to attempt decipering what she meant, or just skimming over it.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 09:00
Ooc - Not a sausage, except Dad starting the grand rebuild of various household computers that left one or both of them acting geriatric for a week!!!
And the plot bunny is coming up, look out for poorly veiled steering towards a climax.

Ic - Walnut swore privatly. He'd have to soundproof that room if she was going to be around here much longer.
Outwardly he just narrowed his eyes and carried on.
"You are to escort these two to an old burial ground near the Black Grove and give them the protection they may well need." He looked shifty for a second, "I also suggest that when you reach the site you do not actually go near the Grove, for your own safety."
"Sir." Thon's reply was non commital. "When do we leave?"
"Now. Go and saddle up and pack, you are to be gone for at least three days, maybe more if the weather gets bad."
"Yessir." Thon bowed shortly to Treg and Radagast before turning smartly on his heel and striding off to ready himself for a long journey.

Ooc - Sim you and Thon have been re-started as there's been some jigging about with machines. i'd like to see if they turn yout differently this time.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 01:02
Ooc - Well, if Thon knows what's good for him, he won't cheat on Háth again.

Ic - "It sounds utterly delightful," Háthien replied, looking like she hadn't meant squat. Delightful. About as delightful as having your ears slowly pulled off. "You will excuse me, Cap'n." With that, she spun about and practically flew back to her secluded bunk.

Being a reasonably organized person herself, Háthien had her meager posessions already packed and ready to go at a moment's notice. Well, this was a moment's notice, wasn't it? The Elf snickered privately and grasped her leather traveling bag, brushing past Walnut, on her way out of the door, like he was some piece of furniture.

Ooc - eek! It's short! I'm too tired to write anything longer. Sorry, love! :love:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 09:10
Ooc - Don't worry about it, I've been practically dead to the world since I got my new mattress. I sleep so well that I can't wake up for the rest of the day. Dozy me!

Ic - Soon all the travellers were mounted, their belongings fastened securely behind their saddles, waiting merely for Walnut's send off.
"I wish you good journey." He stood infront of Radagast's horse and stroked it's muzzle absently.
"Thankyou Captain Raistlin. I'm sure the experience will be as illuminating as I anticipate."
If Walnut noticed the odd look in Radagast's eyes as he spoke then he did not let on but merely stood back and gestured grandly out of the open gate.
"Godspeed."
"Goodbye." And with nothing more said Radagast led them out of the gate and into the heat haze beyond.

Once out of sight of the Station Treg urged hsi horse closer to Ethoner's and any pretence between the two of them was dropped.
"So Thon you old rogue? What have you been doing since I last saw you?"
"Oh, not much." He answered with a shrug, "Den's up and joined the Rangers finally. I told him that the City Guard wasn't for him, but would he listen?"
"Oh well, he's come into the fold now."
"Aye." Thon grinned, "And my posting at Bree wasn't as uneventful as it might have been." He tried to hide his meaning but his eyes darted to the small figure of Hathien, sat at ease upon her magnificent mount.
Tregallien's face broked into a smile and his silvery laughter pealed through the opressive heat, "Why you old dog you! I can't leave you alone for a second can I?"
"Seems not." Thon chuckled and soon an easy banter developed between them. Anyone watching would now have guessed that they had not seen each other for more than six months.

Ooc - Erk! Mind blank!
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 03:48
Ooc - Ooooh! A new mattress! You lucky dog you! Can I come over?

Ic - Gil-calen moved along at a slow lope, her oval hooves beating against the earth in a rhythem of three. With the bright, Harad sun pouring its harsh scorching rays down on the traveling companions, the mare's piebald pelt shone like pearls, and her blue eyes blazing like a pair of Noldorin-wrought sapphires. She certainly looked the part of a warhorse, whose heroic deeds and fierce beauty made all the old legends what they were.

Her rider, slim and lean-muscled, was regal and untamed, with fiery locks of bronzed hair and an intense multi-tonal gaze that could easily burn into the very depths of an unexpecting soul. Háthien was better compared to a free-roaming, wild horse than she was to any warrior of the ages. She was flighty, independent, confident and had a love of freedom that one could only guess came from the very core of her petite being. In battle, she fought viciously. And, in times of peace, she settled easily into her gypsy lifestyle. It was her way of life, and her way of coping with eternity.

Roused from her thoughts by Acorn, who had apparently gotten hungry and decided to root through her pack for any scrap of food to suit his liking, Háthien cast a glance at Thon, who was still chatting candidly with his golden-haired friend. Treg, wasn't it? It seemed Ethoner had addressed him as such. She smiled in amusement. The way they were going on, she was beginning to wonder if Radagast had brought two little boys instead of the highly trained warriors she knew them to be.

Ooc - Speaking of rambling... I did go on a bit about nothing. Ah well, that's life, eh?
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 08:52
Ooc - Oh yes, I haven't introduced Hath and Treg yet have I? Well, all the better. It leads nicely into the pre-written plot bunny post I have coming up.

Ic - "So, when will we got to this Black Grove then?" Treg asked idly as their horses ate up the distance between them and their destination.
"Tomorrow evening probably." Thon guessed, "From what Walnut told me anyway."
"Yes, that reminds me Ethoner." Radagst drew level with the two friends, "Tell me what has happened with Walnut, how his personality and behaviour have changed."
"Well," Thon thought, "You'd have expected changes, him having his first command and all. But these were more than any of us would have thought possible. He used to be the first to open a keg at a party and would down most if it himself as well, but now it's like he can't stand our company. He spend most of his time cooped up in that office of his and when he does surface it's only to give us orders and treat us like we mean nothing to him. Us! His oldest friends and even his own Brother!"
"Does he try to control you movements?"
"Does he ever!" Thon exploded, "He's only gone and stopped unauthorised sword practice and equestrian training, a sure way to get us unfit for anything!"
Radagast 'hmmed' a little and dropped back to think on what he had been told while Treg and Thon lapsed into silence.
"There's a spring up ahead." Treg observed after a while, "We ought to stop, the heat's getting to the horses."
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2005 10:08
Ooc - A plot bunny! Yay!! I like bunnies, but plot bunnies are all the better!

Ic - At Tregallien's suggestion, Gil-calen tossed him a rather heated look (excuse the pun), clearly stating that she was more than fine and could go all of that day and the next without a single drop of water. Undoubtedly, she could, since the meara did have a fondness for elven wine. A habit that Háthien certainly had nothing to do with.

As they drew closer to the spring that had been afore mentioned by Treg, Háthien did a mental check of each of her weapons and their strategically placed positions. The elven long bow was strapped securely to her back, along with a full quiver of arrows; twin knives hung from her waist; and two daggers were hidden elsewhere. 'Armed to the teeth' was an apt phrase, but Háthien was quite positive that she could have found one or two more places to hide a weapon.

"I don't know about this, Gil-calen," Háthien murmured, brushing her progressively lightened bangs from her eyes. "I honestly don't know..." Her voice trailed off into silence, as her heightened elven senses prickled with unease.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2005 09:00
Ooc - Mwahahaha!!!!:evil:

Ic - As the riders slipped to the parched ground and watched as their horses gratefully sucked at the little oasis the scrubby but green trees around the dip they were in began to quiver.
Thon however seemed to pay no heed and crouched next to Lessana and sluiced some of the travel dust from his face.
"Hands in the air!!!" Thudered over the clearing in a voice thick with the accent of the people around these parts.
"IZNOGUD!!!!!!!" Thon erupted as he shot to his feet, hand going automatically to his sword hilt.
"Oh, Ranger. I didn't see you down there." Iznogud's demeanour had suddenly become that of a good friend.
Thon decided to test a hunch he had had for a while, "Do you really want Walnut's Lord to find out about you accosting a Ranger accompanied party?"
"Our Lord would not care for our trifling deeds."
Ah, so Walnut and Iznogud answered to the same master, that wasn't Prince Faramir for sure.
"Not even a party escorting a very important guest to the Black Grove." He swung a hand at Radagast who tried his best to look evil and important.
Iznogud looked shellshocked, "I... I..." He stammered, "You wouldn't tell him?" He finally pleaded.
"No." Ethoner smiled benevolently, "Only if you leave us alone and give the area of the Black Grove a wide berth for a few days."
"Yes, of course." Iznogud bowed nervously and began to back away, guesturing frantically for his band to go as well.
"Well. That was informative." Thon gloated slightly as he swung back into Lessana's saddle. "Let's pick up the pace a bit. There's a nice little cave up ahead that we can spend the night in."
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 08:53
Ooc - Hathien? Hath? Where are yoooooooooou!!!! I'm lonely!!!! :cry:
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 06:29
Ooc - Wow! Did that take long or what? Sorry, sorry, sorry, Alsin!!!!

Ic - "A cave?" Háthien asked with more than a touch of disgust, her upright little nose wrinkling slightly and making her look like a four year old. "The day a cave becomes 'nice' is the day Sauron wakes up and says 'I think I'll go pick daisies'." From her snug spot on Gil-calen's two toned back, she gave Thon a look that clearly stated 'you're out of your tree, man'.

Shaking her head indignantly, the petite Elf urged her four-legged friend into a fast paced trot. Gil-calen, likewise, was still dribbling water and appearing to have utterly ignored Thon's suggestion of such nonsense as caves. Those two did make an odd but adorable pair.

After catching up to Thon's Lessana, Háthien continued, a little more seriously this time. "Iznogud was the least of our troubles. Your Walnut and his master have something in mind." She paused for a moment, a sly grin tickling the tips of her features. "And, if I wind up at the bottom of some orc's stomach, I am going to haunt you for the rest of your days." Gil-calen snorted as if to say "We'll both make your life miserable!"

Ooc - Sorry it's soooooooo short but I've got to be getting back to my lessons. Hope I gave you enough to work with.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 09:41
Ooc - Yay!

Ic - "If you get eaten by an orc you're going to hunt me down?" Thon cocked his head in mock thought, "Now how does that work?!" He laughed as Hath's face clouded dangerously, "We'll be fine." He assured her.
And, sure enough, the night was pleasant, if a little sandy and the next morning dawned bright and clear.
I wont bore any readers we may have with the uninteresting details of another day spent riding over the burning sands but will leap to that evening.
The sun had jsut slipped behind the furthest dune when the shadows in the valley between two great sandy hills remained darker than it should ahve at the group's approach. Soon the black shape resolved itself into a thich stand of what looked suspiciously like dead Oak trees, in the middle of the desert!
"Is that what I think it is?" Treg reigned his horse in.
"Aye." Radagast came beside him, "The Black Grove." He pause a moment for dramatic effect. "Well," He continued, "We shall be unable to do anything for tonight. I suggest we make camp and wait for the morning."
Thon shrugged and rode down into the small valley. The going was hard, the sand thick and heavy, sucking at the horses hooves but they reached a spot a few hundred feet from the menacing trees and began to set up a comfortable little camp.
Soon a fire was going and Treg was knocking up something for dinner.
"I'll go scout round a little." Thon announced, "Hath and Treg, get to know each other a little eh?" And he strode off into the gathering darkness.

Ooc -Hath, please stay where you are for the next post on my part will be... the bunny!:evil:
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 11:36
Ooc - Oooooooooooh!!!! That BUNNY!!!!!!!! *can barely hold still long enough to write her posty wosty*

Ic - Háthien watched as Ethoner strode off into the darkness, a skeptical brow arched dangerously high. "Sure, sure, Thon. We'll do that. Needless to say you have yet to properly introduce us," the Elf mumbled, sounding a whole lot more peeved than she actually was.

Pulling out her pipe as she normally did when things were a little akward, Háth set herself to lighting it before she spoke again. "Tregallien. The name's familiar." She started, blowing out a few smoke rings while she studied him almost absently. "And to think this is the first time I've actually gotten to speak a few words with you. You don't hail from the Golden Wood, do you?"

Ooc - Pitiful excuse for a convo, but I'm tired and I had to stay where we were. So.... wuv ya! :love:
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 08:55
Ooc - This is going to be hidiously long and the mods are going to hate me!

Ic - "Well," Treg considered for a second, "Not really. I was born there but my Father rand Ranger bases and I spent a lot of time posted with him at Mirkwood and have been a bit of a nomad since I turned of age." He tilted his head, his bright blue eyes curious, "And you?"

The light dimmed further as Thon trudged around the Grove. It's dark trees and the samey sand around them lent the place an air of desolation and sorrow that the Ranger found it hard to throw.
Slowly, as he walked, Thon felt a presence settle around him, heavy and brooding. He tried to shake the feeling off but it stayed with him, dark and malevolent.
Suddenly a rustle sounded behind him.
“Who’s there.” He whispered harshly. Nothing. “Treg?” Still nothing. “Hathien?” There it was again! “Hath, stop playing silly buggers. I know you’re out there.” Silence, “Hath, come out now. I thought I told you to get to know Treg better. Can’t a man take a walk in peace?”
“But she has.”
The voice was unlike anything Thon had heard before. If the sum of all his fears could have been given a voice then that is what it would have sounded like.
“Who’s there?” The dark Ranger repeated, his voice taking on an edge.
“Don’t fear me Ethoner.” The voice whispered, “I’m here to help you.”
“Help me with what? Who are you?!”
“All in time Ethoner. And you do need help. I am here to help you see that which your poor mortal sight has kept hidden.”
“And what would that be?” Thon asked, beginning to trust the voice more for, as it spoke the oppressive presence had lifted, leaving him feeling calmer and more relaxed than he had for a long time.
“Let me show you.”
Thon gasped as the ground seemed to move beneath him, the landscape rushed past him and the sky melted into a mind numbing blur of colours.
As suddenly as it had all begun the world righted itself and Thon glanced around in confusion. He was back at camp! He had just travelled in mere seconds what he had walked in the past hour.
“How did you do that?” He asked his still unseen benefactor.
“That is not your concern Ethoner. Merely know that I have done it. Now watch, and you shall see.”
Thon looked at the peaceful camp. Lessana and Gil-Calen grazed lazily alongside Treg and Radagast’s borrowed mounts. The old Wizard was propped up against a rock, snoring loudly with his hat over his face and Tregallien and Hathien sat close together by the fire. Occasionally one or the other would let out a soft peal of laughter or an exclamation of disbelief. Both tended the steaming pot of Kaffee over the fire and sometimes their hands would touch as they both reached to move it at the same time. When this happened they would stop, blush and settle back to their conversation.
However, when Thon had only been watching for a few minutes their hands touched on the handle of the Kaffee pot again but this time, instead of pulling away, Treg grasped Hathien’s hand and held it in both of his own.
“What are you up to?” From his distance Thon was not sure if Hath’s voice sounded more breathless than usual.
“Getting to know you better.” Treg’s eyes were heavily lidded and, even from this distance Thon could discern the look in them, “Thon told us to get better aquatinted didn’t he? He won’t be back for hours.”
Hathien had relaxed in Treg’s grasp, “What are you proposing sir?” she asked with mock shyness, her eyebrow raised in that endearing gesture of hers.
“I think you know Milady.” Treg bowed as courteously as he could while sat down but as he rose, Hathien caught him in a passionate kiss.
“NO!” Ethoner tried to run towards the campfire, though what he’d do when he got there he didn’t know. He was shocked however to discover that he could not move, his feet seemed to be rooted to the ground upon which he stood.
Tregallien’s eyes had shot open as Hathien covered his lips with hers and he pushed her gently, reluctantly away, his hands on her shoulders and looked deep into her eyes.
“Do you really want this?”
“What could I possibly want with safe, sweet, dependable Ethoner who would do anything for his precious Rangers, even if it meant giving me up? Now you on the other hand,” She let her hands wander over Tregallien’s lean chest, “You’re exciting, unfettered. Together we could do anything!”
Throughout this speech a look of unbridled lust had been growing in Treg’s eyes and now he slowly leaned forward to Hathien, his lips parting and his eyes closing, “You want to test that theory?”
“Oh yes!!” Hathien moaned as she lay back on the dusty ground.
Thon stood, fixed to the spot unable to look away but wanting to so much as Treg and Hathien’s cries mixed and filled the still air.
After what seemed like an eternity the world again began to move at mind numbing speed and Thon found himself back where he had first heard the chilling voice.
“Do you see now?” It asked.
“Yes.” Thon replied heavily, “I see.” He stared at the ground. Suddenly he felt an undirected anger fill him, “But why did you show me!” He shouted.
“To let you do what you must and save you the pain of being told when nothing can be done about it.”
“But who are you to want to do that!”
Nothing stirred except a chill breeze that stirred the scrubby grass at Thon’s feet.
“Who are you!!”
Silence.
“Who are you!!!”
But the voice had gone.
Thon’s head was spinning and he dropped to his knees among the scrubby grass and stared up at the bright stars above him.
“Why Hathien?” He whispered to the breeze, “Why?” Dropping his gaze he looked balefully back in the direction of the camp, “And Treg. What have I ever done to you?”

The moon was at it's zenith when Ton returned and sat beside the fire without a word to either of his companions.
"Well?" Treg prompted after a while.
"Well what?"
"Did you see anything?"
"Oh. Plenty." Thon left it at that, lay down with his back to the group and tried to go to sleep.

Ooc - Sorry, it's total cowdung. Also, I haven't messed with Hathien at all in this post, believe it or not. Just play her as normal and all will become clear. I promise.
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 09:34
Ooc - *sings* I know what's going on... *suddenly gets a very evil look in her eye* Hehehe. That was ingenius!!! Brilliant!!!! Cow dung? I think not! And all very passionate as well. *dances*

Ic - "Oh, the typical childhood. Nothing spectacular," Háthien answered, a slight grin growing on her features at the memory of her early years in Rivendell. "I was born in Imladris..." She related a short, but detailed account of her millenia old life. And as Radagast slept with the occasional soft snoring, both Elves had conversed about various topics of which they either had in common or were concerned about. Curiousity as to what Thon had found had been mentioned a few times here and there.

Their conversation had lapsed slightly as the tall ranger had strode back into camp. Háthien, holding a small cup of coffee, exchanged a glance with Treg, who had asked Thon if he had seen anything. His answer had surprised her, and his brooding demeanor was nothing like the Ethoner she had met in Bree.

Taking a sip from the tin mug, the she-Elf decided to have a go. "Treg here makes a good cup of coffee. Care for a bit and a slice of Bram? It's not the best but it's all I've got."

Ooc - Ugh! Horrible!
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 09:29
ooc - damit! Am I that transparent? lol! Glad you liked it and hope it gets the plot going somewhere.

Ic - Thon merely grunted and shifted so he blocked the Elves even more fully.
His mind was awhirl with memories.
He had first met Tregallien about ten years before at a Ranger station in Mirkwood. The young Elf had been a natural friend for the rookie ranger, both thought they knew better than the management, both had been raised with Rangers and both had a well devloped sense of mischief.
Thon had also noticed Tregalliens older sister, Gilwen. Over the course of his training Thon had courted Gilwen and eventually the two became handfast. The wedding was set for the summer, the future brothers-in-law were inseperable and the father of the bride was so proud he was likely to burst.
Then tragedy struck.
Gilwen came to visit Thon at archery practice with some of his platoon. As she tended to her horse her fur lined cloak had startled another and a Ranger, seeing only grey streaked fur and a startled horse, shot. Gilwen died in Treg's arms while Ethoner tried to get his hands on the man who had shot his bride as a wolf.
From that moment on Treg and Thon's friendship had become even stronger but Treg's father had descended in a spiral of grief and madness that ended in his death.
Thon blamed himself for all of that. He could see why Tregallien would choose to get back at him. But why here, now? Why with the one woman who could have filled the aching void left in his soul by Gilwen?
Why?
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2005 09:56
Ooc - You? Transparent? Nooooooo. I mean just because I can see a giant easter bunny standing on the other side of the room doesn't mean you're transparent.

Ic - Háthien's right brow slid skywards as it was wont to do when she was annoyed or curious... or just about whenever. Casting a quick glance at Treg, she moved over to the brooding ranger and sat down right behind him. Being a Noldo, she wasn't as in tune with nature as may have been, but she was an Elf and that warranted a sixth sense sharp enough to pick up on intense emotions.

"Ethoner," she started, not letting him ignore her. "If you don't tell me what's wrong, I'm going to shove this cup, coffee and all, down your windpipe." When he didn't move nor answer, she sighed, but still continued. "I suppose I shouldn't be sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but, Thon, I care about you and I'd like to know what's wrong." Hopefully, that would have the effect she was looking for.
Alsin_of_the_Forest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 10:29
Ooc - Hath you are a nutcase and I love you for it!!!

Ic - Thon leant back on his elbow, one leg bent underneath him in a pose that radiated false ease.
"You would like to know what's wrong?" His voice was tight, his face hidden, "You would like to know what's wrong. I'm surprised you cant' remember, it seemed pretty unforgettable, from where I was standing at least."
"Ethoner, what are you talking about." Treg slipped up beside his friend and tried to calm the big man with his voice.
"I think you know very well what I'm talking about!!" Thon shot upright and faced his companions for the first time. The naked anguish and rage in his eyes darkened his face to the point that Treg fancied he had seen as close to hell as men may go. Thon continued, "I'm talking about your thoughts on 'sweet, safe, dependable Ethoner' whose sense of duty is more of a hindrance than a help, at least when it comes to the respect of a woman!!"

Ooc - ERK! Mind blank and not my phone bill! See you day after tomorrow I expect.
Happy Easter!
Eat much chocolate!!
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email