Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post OOC- Approaching the Great End- restart
on: August 24, 2004 11:33
I took it upon myself to restart the RP, with Faen's first two posts, and to start a new OOC.
I'll continue as, Belrustan , the naive metalsmith who will get himself stuck repairing the German sub.
I think that we should discuss the restart here a bit more before we add any posts to the New thread, which can be found Here
Let's assemble a cast and then we'll work up a basic plot

questions
1}Do you think it would be best if I deleted the first RP so we start off with fresh ideas?
2) Could we use some new cast members? answer- yes

If, after reading the very long first post for the thread, you are interested in joining a slow paced RP that doesn't need daily posts, please let us know by posting below.

[Edited on 24/8/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]

Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC- Approaching the Great End- restart
on: August 24, 2004 12:07
Hi!

I just wanted to let you all know that I am going to continue with my Quendi elves, and I think I will also keep my Nazi commander - Adolf Reinhardt.

As I have not been interacting too much, I will copy a couple of my first posts, if you don't mind. Faen, I hope this time it will work!

PBHF - I think that with Kaazy and Faer and even Gwen gone, the thread has no possibility to result similar to the previous one. Don't delete it yet, as it had many excellent ideas and scenes that can be used as a model to create new ones (without a direct copying of somebody else's written parts, of course!). And yes, new people should be wellcome, from my point of view.

My best regards on this thread!
Nif
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 04:38
:love: Hahaha Glad to see SOMEbody biting at the bit!

Thanks, Pb... I had planned on doing this myself, but I am ever grateful for the help!

To answer the questions... (1)Yes, I DO plan on deleting the original thread and OOC. It can easily be saved either to a disk or to your comp, and I thought it would just be less clutter for the Forum as well as give the thread an opportunity for a completely fresh start. and (2) As Pb stated before: Yes, we DO need new cast members.

Glad to see that you are still aboard Nifredil! I absolutely LOVE to hate Reinhardt!

NOW..... One more question that I'd like to pose to everyone who will continue on: Do we want to keep the same name?.... I was thinking of changing it up a bit, but I need suggestions!

I can't wait to get this thread going again!

OOPS!! :blush: Forgot to add my characters to the list... Let's see.... I have Brêg's entire family at the moment (unless I can covince Rudh to take over for Lhoss or Nórui)...So that's Brêgalagos, Míreneryn, Nóruion, & Lhossenaeriel....AND I also have PO1 Duffman (Duffy) and Seaman Malone ((Although, I'm thinking I may be making some changes in their rates))... OH! AND Commander Garrison. Wow! Didn't realize I had been dealing with so many!

All my character profiles can be seen HERE.

[Edited on 26/8/2004 by Faenauliel]
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 05:05
Count me in

My character will be Gelladar, son of my characters Pallando & Jehan from Dartho Annin An-Uir. He will have lived in the world of men, moving from place to place to hide his immortality, and joining Hitler's SS at the beginning of the war in hopes of fighting this new incarnation of Morgoth's evil from the inside.

I'm getting married in two weeks, but I plan to put up at least one or two meaty posts before then to get my character integrated.

I'm so excited, I know this is going to be a great RP!:love: Faen, you ROCK!!

I haven't come up with any suggestions for a name change yet, been a bit brain dead lately. I'll let you know if anything comes to mind. :dizzy:
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 10:14
:blush: Awwwww.... Stop it, Naeg! You're embarrassing me! :blush:

**Faen does an Elven Booty-Dance to celebrate Rudh being with us**

This is wonderful! My partner in crime has decided to grace us with her prescence! I'm sooooo happy!

OH! Also... Maeghin and I had discussed before on how we should go about 'restarting the thread' and I think she planned to re-post her first few posts... and I was going to do the same.... I think that the beginning of the story was going pretty well, and doesn't need much changing as far as the posts that Mae and I put up.... And anyone else who thinks that they want to do the same.... We just have to figure out how--and at what point--to edit the story to work in any new characters..... It shouldn't be all that hard.

I think that the basic plot that we had going underneath the details was working.... Any suggestions? Opinions? Pb? .....Anyone? :feedback:
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 09:43
Yes, yes, so when do we get to start??
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 12:22
Well.... It looks as if Pb has unlocked the thread! I'm not sure if Mae planned on putting up her former 1st post next or not, but I'm sure (seeing as how Gelladar isn't on Tôl Eressëa anyway) that it would be ok for you to go ahead and post your first post, Rudh.

I can't wait to get this thing underway again! Let's get going!

OH! BTW... This Saturday and Sunday I shall be going for my last visit with W. before he gets shipped out, so I will not be on... Just to letcha all know that I'll not be able to post then.

MAE!!! Re-submit that post!
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 03:09
Aye Aye Captain! Reporting for duty!

LOL yeah, I can post now . Oh and Faen, give 'im a hug from me!
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 05:33
Good work, Sailor!

I was going to resubmit my next post from the old thread... But, as I read it, I thought that maybe it would look better if there was a post from the viewpoint of those on the U-boat first.... And maybe one from the Nazi-infiltrator, Gelladar and/or some other viewpoints of what's happening on and around the island.... Hey, maybe this would be a good place to put in your Teleri, Berethedhellen!..... Then I could proceed with my post afterward. :feedback: ??

And... Thanks, Mae... I shall give him many hugs!! :blush: ... And I'll be sure to give him an extra-rough one from the Uruk!!

[Edited on 1/9/2004 by Faenauliel]
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 01:59
tomorrow i'l do a little background post from the view point of Belrustan, a metalworking craftsman unhappy at the limits currently placed on his craft.
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 02:08
Sorry to post twice in a row, but....

I have just received an e-mail from my partner-in-crime (aka Rudhwethiel ) that--as she resides in Florida--she is having to evacuate because of the approaching hurricane. After that, she is getting married next week then will be off on her honeymoon and, so, will not be able to post for a couple of weeks.

After her return, she will take over writing for my character Lhossenaeriel in addition to writing for her Gelladar. I don't think it is imperative that Gelladar be introduced right away in any case, and I will write for Lhoss until Rudh returns. So, it shouldn't pose any problems for the thread.

I still think that this would be a wonderful place for the Teleri to be introduced even though they will not be aware of the arrival of the mortals until the Captain orders a recon of the perimeter of the island--which will come a bit later.

Also, I'm going to need Pb to change some of the details in my first post.... I'm just going to change the rates (more commonly known as 'ranks') of some of the characters.

Gwen, let me know if you still plan to write for Capt. Andrews... otherwise, I may need to edit his name in order not to plagerize a character that you, for the most part, created.

If anyone has any ideas/opinions about the above story-line suggestions, please feel free to throw them out there!
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 06:02
Thanks, Faen, I appreciate that! :hug: I think I'm going to 'bow out' with Capt. Andrews, though. Even as slow as I know this will go, RL is interfering for me, too.

"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 06:29
Faenualiel wrote:

I still think that this would be a wonderful place for the Teleri to be introduced even though they will not be aware of the arrival of the mortals until the Captain orders a recon of the perimeter of the island--which will come a bit later.

Hello all. Faen has finally persuaded me (how many more hints do I need) to post in this thread. So I have mustered up my nerve, drafted at least the first post, and will post it into the main RPG thread.

I must ask for your patience and understanding if I've included something that shouldn't be possible or left out something that should be there. It's only my first post and I am as nervous as a feral cat, given I'm entering a thread with some of the best writers in this genre in CoE. If you find any flaws you feel should be mentioned, PM me.

Otherwise, I hope to enjoy posting in this RPG as much as I enjoyed reading it.

Hail the Teleri!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 01:28
Best Writers? Jeesh- I'm about the worst RP writer I know of. I'm here to try and learn how to stretch my limited abilities.
Never feel intimidated - just jump in and have some fun.
I copied some of my post from my first post in the old story but I put more empahasis on Bel being unfulfilled - an easy mark for the Germans when they 'enlist' his aid.

[Edited on 3/9/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 04:51
Hi!

I saw PotbellyHairyfoot's post in the Middle Earth Advertiser, and read the posts in the Tolkien Related forum, and this sounds really interesting. May I join? I think I might use my elf, Ohta, with a few changes to fit this RP. He can be viewed here: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=3772
And I might want to play a German soldier, but I haven't created him yet.
Is it okay if I join?
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 02:28
Of course you are- welcome to our eclectic crew. As I mentioned in the advertiser, this will be a slow running rp so they'll be lots of time to plan our posts.
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 08:03
For those of you who are just joining us.... In order to keep straight the fact that the different factions of Elves and Humans are speaking different languages.... especially when translation would take too long, be too difficult, or when we are just feeling too darn lazy to translate! ..... We used color-codes in the last thread and I think it worked out well.

In this post, I have carried over the 'old' color-codes:

PINK for Sindarin
RED for Westron (the Common Tongue)

Other codes we have used are:
YELLOW for Old English (Rohirric)
PURPLE (I think) for Quenya

If any of these do not work for the different backgrounds, let me know and we can change them!
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 10:53
Ok, I saw the thread in the advertiser. I must say it looks really interesting! But, I'm a bit confused as to what's going on? If I can figure it out (or someone can actually explain what's going on) I'd love to join as it looks really good and fun! So, if someone could help me out for a moment, I'll be ready for active duty in your rp very shortly!

I don't really care if I play an elf or a human. I know a bit about navy stuff, but not a whole lot. I know a little more about elves. So, which ever you need, I could be.

[Edited on 9/9/2004 by musicalgal123]
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 06:43
Hi there!

Good to see new faces! And I hope to have some more humans here...

Faen, I just wanted to say I'm not sure I can manage to play a real German Captain. I mean - I have played several commanders, but none SO different... However, I can give my Adolf a try - let's see if he manages to keep his unexpectedly high position.

Do you think I should try to write a post for the Nazi?

And, I am not too good with the navy terms (I don't even know all of them in my own language!), so please feel free to correct me if anything...
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2004 08:51
Yay! I can join!

I'm just letting you guys know that if for some reason you start wondering where I am....I will be gone for a week or so. Talk to ya when I get back!
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: September 15, 2004 08:12
kk! I really need to buckle down and get my mind off of things and back onto my threads... especially THIS one!

I have PMed Mae to remind her to repost Will's reaction to Brêg and Mír..... but if anyone else wants to intro their character first, feel free...

As the one who came up with this crazy idea (am I still the one responsible, Pb? ) I welcome you whole-heartedly, Striders_star! Your character sounds like it will fit in wonderfully!

Also, Musicalgal123.... We'd love to have you along, but it may do well for you to read the original thread--at least the first page of posts or so--to get a feel for 'what is going on'..... I'm having the basic story-line remain the same for now...

Now if I could just get HerGimli to help me with those editions to my posts..... I'll work on getting those rates changed so that they'll make more sense. Maybe now that the Fletcher is done with the de-comm, I'll be able to convince HerGimli to join us...... but I'm not holding my breath!

Sorry I was gone so long.... I've had a bad week!
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 15, 2004 09:53
I started reading through the original story. It makes a lot more sense now! It looks really interesting and I'd love to join. What would you like me to be? I don't mind being an elf or a human or what have you. But, just to make sure that I got this strait....

This german boat get's stuck on the elf island (i'm sorry, but i still don't know my tolkien that well yet) The american's who were after it, meet up with some elves on the other side of the island (well at least not in the same spot) And the elves and humans start this adventure together, some of the elves with the germans and others with the americans.

Am I close? ::crosses fingers:: please say I am? Anywho, it looks really interesting, so if you need elves, I'll be an elf. If you need a human I'll be that. Let me know please!
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: September 15, 2004 12:08
Yes, Musicalgal... that IS the basic gist of the story. I'm not sure which faction of Elves would be easier for you to write for... A background knowledge of Tolkien's works is helpful. But if you ever have any questions about Elven abilities, etc. I'm sure any one of us would not hesitate to help you.

If you decided to also write for one of the Humans, I'm sure the same goes. I think we lost most of our Germans from the other thread, so it might be good to have you write for a German U-boater! Give it some thought and do a little research on WWII, then you can decide.

Also.... I have PMed Pb to make some changes in my first post. As Gwen had taken over writing for Captain Andrews in the last thread, I am changing that character and his name in order to avoid plagerizing a character that Gwen, largely, invented. Now the Captain of the USS Nichols will be named Captain Walters. I'm not sure if I'll be writing for him.... I'll see what happens.

Petty Officer 1 Duffman's title has changed. He is still a Petty Officer 1, but his title is now Master at Arms. Malone has been promoted from Seaman to Boatswains Mate.

Yes, I am obsessive... but whenever HerGimli points out things that are--from a Naval point of view--incorrect, I can't just let it lie!
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 10:42
I have a small background of Tolkien's works. I've read the LOTR, the hobbit, and I'm reading the Silmarillion right now! If you need germans I'll be one for you. Although most of my WWII knowledge is on the holocaust, I'm sure that i could easily find a way to play a german without being so stereotypical or rude. And, if I ever had any questions, I wouldn't ever have hesitated to ask. So, if you need a German on the u-boat (whatever that is (just goes to show my knowledge of the military)) I shall be one! If you need americans, I shall be one! Just let me know, because I really don't mind at all!
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2004 11:07
I'm BACK!:love:

The wedding was fantastic, and we had beautiful weather despite the barrage of hurricanes here. :disco: I'm almost finished with Gelladar's (aka Gerhard Richter's) first post, I sincerely hope to have it up in the next day or so. Thank you all for your patience, the mister and I are still moving into the new place, and I go back to my job and classes tomorrow, so it doesn't look like things are going to slow down anytime soon. :dizzy: But once again, I'll try to have that post up very soon! :love:
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: September 20, 2004 11:40
Congrats Rudh! :love: I'm so happy everything went great!

Aaaand, I am so very sorry for the delay. Things are pretty hectic here. :dizzy: Anyhow, I've posted. And just a heads-up, if you don't see me around for a really long time (like 2-3 weeks or so) It's probably because we are busy remodeling the new house (if we can ever get the stupid realtor and lawyer on the same page to close) And we will not have net for a while during the moving process, I'll try to let you know when the time gets closer , but it should be within the next week or two. *hugses*

And Faen, I'll try to let you know ahead of time especially. That way I can give you permission to post for me while I'm gone and the story can go on. :love:
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: September 20, 2004 01:53
:hug: I'm so incredibly happy for you, Muinthellen!! :hug: .... And don't worry! Spend quality time with the Mr. and post when you can

And, Mae.... No problem! Just let me know when you need me to, and I'll be glad to keep an eye on Will for ya
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 03:38
I'll make a post soon in regards to Bel meeting up with the Gernans.
I'll have him directed to the beach by some children running from there. He'll watch the Germans come ashoreand meet with them there.
( Do we have anyone playing any Germans?. If necessary I can try a second character}
btw I'm currently working a lot of hours and everyday so It will be a day or two before I make the post
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 10:12
Rudh, I am so happy for you! My very best wishes!

All right, I'll try to find time and post for the Germans. It will not even be nearly as good as Faervara would have written... But I'll do my best. Today. Let's see how it goes.

Is anybody out there willing to play a German?

*looks around anxiously*
In the Realm of Ulmo
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: September 22, 2004 01:59
I can play a German as well... Hm, that will make three characters though by the time I introduce the half-Uruk, but I think I can pull it off, as long as this thread continues to move as slowly as it has. This could be fun....
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 22, 2004 11:09
I'll pplay a german for you. If you need it, I have no problem being one for you! Just let me know.
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2004 04:34
Hello Everyone!!!!

Thanks for letting me join your wonderful crew of writers!!!!!:love:

Well I have my two elven characters thought out: Laureannun, and Faenari, who will be in the database shortly, just let me know when you want them to jump in. I've been reading along with the thread, and the posts are BRILLIANT! Each is just as entertaining as the next, hopefully I will write up to those standards! et:

Hmmm....I can play a German character if need be. :disco: *mind starts rolling* Actually I just had an idea. If you wouldn't mind having a female German character on board, who is a docter and a scientist of sorts: a character just popped into my mind. Her name would be either Catherine, Gwendolyn, or Gwyneth whichever you preferr, a quiet yet icy proper young lady, and her first time being on a sub, at least with a real crew and on this long of a trip/misson, her father is a navel officer.

That just jumped out of my head but if you'd rather not have me write for a female German character it's perfectly fine with me. Well I must be off, take care!
Cheers!
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: September 23, 2004 05:47
Hmmm..... A female on a U-boat? I'm not sure I'd buy it.... At least, not during the WWII era. Sorry... But we'd LOVE to have you write for a male German. I just would really like to keep this as realistic as possible (at least as possible as it is when Elves are involved )

Also, Electra, both you and Musicalgal should feel free to post whenever you see fit to get your characters involved. If they are not yet involved in the storyline so far, just intro them and tell about what they are doing. Give a sort of everyday background post so that when they DO come into contact with the Germans or Americans, they will already be establised characters.

Btw, Muinthellen.... I absolutely LOVE the intro for Gelladar! :love: I can't wait to see what the ego-manical half-Istari does next!

Great to have you all aboard!

[Edited on 24/9/2004 by Faenauliel]
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 06:02
Hey all! I'm back. I'll try to get together a post for Ohta, soon.
Also, I could play a German as well, but I'm not too familiar with the language and military terms...
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 08:36
:wave: Hi again!!!

*hits self over head* ouch, just kidding. Wow I just realized I can't count hehe,(maybe it's the result from getting hit side long in the head with a tennis ball the day before yesterday...err whenever I posted last) : if I wrote for a german character man or female it wouldn't matter, that would make a third character, and writing for two is already plenty of work. Sorry for offering when I know already that would put me way over my head. But I am still here to stay with my two elven characters if you'll still have me, and maybe later I can try squeezing in a third male german character, although it still looks like you already have a lot of help! :disco:

Well I must be off, my luck isn't fair too well lately seeing as I've just managed catching a cold (never say "I haven't gotten sick yet," when all your friends have the sniffles), but the tennis ball lob to the head didn't hurt at least, and hopefully I will feel better tomorrow enough to play again. If anyone else here likes athletices you may share my crazy notions Sorry I'm rambling now, accompanied by shabby spelling (thats what happens when I get sick...and tired). Cheers mates, and I hope to be writing amongst everyone's FABULOUS writing soon. Truely I have been amazed and inspired by everyone's different styles, in their own way bringing the story to life!

Cheers!:love:
-Electra
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email