Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
Post RE: OOC- Approaching the Great End- restart
on: October 20, 2004 03:32
OOH!! I LIKE that new twist, Mae!! It'd be the PERFECT way to intro the Per-Uruk!! Aaaaand it'd be the perfect way for us to start Mír and Will down a new path rather than re-submitting all the old posts.

That would also make for a more interesting 'meeting' between the Elves and USN on the beach the next morning! We could have it so that Mír is injured when she and will first 'discover' that the Nazi u-boat has landed, then run into Karl on their way back to warn the others. The per-Uruk could find them as you said..... THEN, when Hank starts to wonder where the HECK Will disappeared to, he could contact the ship, etc.

OOH!! Malone is gonna be ready for blood when he shows up on the beach! Hahaha... Then I think he'll be especially disturbed if he begins to fall for a certain one of "those things" as he so eloquently thinks of them! That IS if he and Nórui don't KILL each other first!

And, btw, "earth-born" could be Amaronnen, or Ambaronnen... "soil-born" would be Cevonnen.... "earthen" as in 'made of earth/clay' is Cefn... Hope that helps
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: October 20, 2004 05:41
Jaid...looks like it's going to be a while before Will gets a chance to telegraph his Aunt Penny. Ahhh, the ravages of war. et:

Maeghin, PB and Faen: I'm trying to figure out where everyone is. We've got people all over the island. Boggles my teeny tiny mind. :dizzy: But I'd sort of like to get my twins hooked up with someone as soon as reasonably possible. How about this....Twins are stealthily wandering towards Bel's. Will and Mir are heading back for the west side of the island. The psycho Karl is roaming around looking for meat for dinner..or whatever the maniac is doing. *giggle* As Will and Mir are heading back, Karl hears/sees the two of them running through the brush and thinks it's the two he met earlier. He lets off a shot which grazes Mir's head, knocking her flat. As Will is crouching over her, the twins come up on Karl from behind and take out his three buddies, making Karl retreat for some re-thinking. Meanwhile, the Uruk has shown up from her cave (or wherever she lives) and is kneeling next to Mir alongside Will while the twins are killing off Karl's buddies. When Karl retreats (temporarily of course, knowing him *chuckle*) the twins rush forward and join the Uruk, Will and Mir....and FINALLY...make their first contact with the rest of the elves they've been trying to reach. Whether they then let Will and Mir head back to Mir's home and go on themselves to find Bel (once they've had the info of the grey porpoise confirmed) or go on with Will and Mir to assist Mir home and meet up with her father....well.....

What do you all think of some theme like that?

I await your joint decisions............................

MO signing off
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 01:53
Exactly what I had in mind, both of you!

Only, Bereth, I think that Cefn (thanks Faen, just the name Loki would have picked out :disco: ) would want to take Will and Mir back to her house until she can decide for herself what the best course of action is. She is a very strong advocate for peace, and during the Kin Wars, she kinda retreated to her isle both our of sadness for the loss of life and also to keep her anger away from the rest of the Elves lest she did something she would regret. (Yeah she'll probably take on some of Loktar's better characteristics )

Anyhow, Karl was at around 3 when he shot at the Twins. So the twins would be East of him by now, near the forge. Will and Mir managed to go right past them to the North as the ran from 1 to 9, but now Karl shall be moving to the North (as he is unable to follow the Twin's tracks) and therefor, shall come across Will and Mir somewhere just North of 3... The shots might bring the Twins running.

Bereth, it would probably better suit the story if you came with Will and Mir to Cefn's Isle first, just to make sure they get there okay. That way the Americans would have a chance to land and the hostilities ignite on the beach... Hm, perhaps the Twins can show up just in time? The only problem is... :Evil: heheheh.... there is no interpreter there anymore, so it should be interesting to see Breg sweat as he tries to explain what has happened... perhaps the twins could draw a swastica in the sand? ANYHOW! Can't wait to see the next few posts.

Oh, and I am sooo looking forward to the post when Will has to carry the unconcious Mir... :naughty: And also to introduce Cefn.

ALso, Jaid, I am so sorry sweetie, it'll take a while for Will to send the telegraph. If you want to post before that, go ahead! Some character background is always nice to have!

:hug: to everyone! I really really really love this!!! :love:
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 07:24
Hmmm. I somehow thought the twins were somewhere between 5 and 3 (as they had followed a path that curved around the bay towards the eastern coast) along the coastline, otherwise, wouldn't they have come somewhat close to the meeting hall in 2?? Didn't think they had gotten as far as 3 yet...but wherever they are, YES, they hear the shot from Karl and turn in whatever direction it is and come up behind Karl and his 3 (? wasn't it 3?) fellow sailors. I take it you have no problem with me 'offing' the 3 as long as I leave Karl alive...besides, think of the additional anger it will create in the already maniacal Karl. *wink wink nudge nudge*

No problem going with Mir and Will to Cefn's island (where is that, by the way) to be sure Mir is okay and then leave to go to the US landing site and Brêg's from there. Interesting additional thought on the problems of no translator with Will gone. My twins don't speak English..old or new...and barely speak Sindarin (did learn some from their mother so not completely lost)...they're Telerin and speak Telerin form of Quenya. If there was ever a need for Aunt Penny, now is the time.

Speaking of Aunt Penny...Jaid...could you post a little backround on her? You know, something like her thinking about her beloved nephew (she is a spinster, isn't she?) at her desk at the university (or wherever she is) and wondering how he is, etc. Perhaps a little of what she's wearing (tweed skirt and twin sets, sturdy shoes, glasses, etc...LOL).

Faen, as soon as the twins see to it that Mir (who is a distant cousin of theirs which would explain not only their recognizing her, having met her before, but caring about her welfare) is okay, they'll be heading for Brêgalagos with the news. Will Malone already be onshore when they arrive?

Oh, last thought....the sun was rising when last we saw the twins so we all ought to keep the time of day in mind as well when we're posting.

And poor Bel....he seems to be being left to his own devices. But then, it seems he has a self esteem problem that needs bucking up so the thought of the Germans just loving his stuff should keep him busy and happy for a while. *laughing out loud*

Now....enough of this OOC stuff.....let's get to the real posts!!! Let's roll! :rolling: The MO has spoken.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 08:29
Yeah, I was thinking of doing that since it's going to take a while for Will to get word to her, lol.

Anybody have useful sites on WWII London? I just want to make sure I get my info right in certain areas.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 10:45
Jaid....have you ever considered Aunt Penny as having a connection with Bletchly Park - home of the Enigma cryptologists and translators? The war in the Atlantic could not have been won without those folks. I'm including a couple of URL's which might give not only you but ALL of us some worthwhile information on that period of time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/war/wwtwo/enigma_01.shtml

http://www.codesandciphers.co.uk/lorenz/fish.htm

I'll keep searching for some further info to share.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 12:40
Wow, fascinating stuff! This would be great and definately give Penny the type of role she would be good at. ^__^ I'm excited now. Thanks!
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 06:45
Just another small site for our German contributors:
http://www.thirdreichpages.com/thirdreichmen.htm

As I count, we have nine contributors.
Faen....Brêg and family; Will and crewmembers
Maeghin....Will and Mir; Karl the Mad, Cefn (yet to appear)
Note: Maeghin and Faen overlap so it's hard to separate
Potbelly....Belrustan and Nazis
Nifredil....Germans; Valimar family
Rudhwethiel....Gerhard
Jaid....Aunt Penny (Will's Aunt)
Musicalgal....German sailor
Electra....her family of kidlets
Bereth....the Telerin group

So far, we've managed to connect several of the above chars but several are still stand-alones and have yet to connect; e.g. Electra's kids and Nifredil's Valimareans. Some are unconnected due to plot lines not being yet ready for them to make that connection; e.g. Rudh's Gerhard and Jaid's Penny.

Jaid and Rudh have done a great job of laying the background work for that future connection but Electra and Nifredil have not made clear (to me) as yet how they plan to connect. Perhaps another post from each could bring that connection closer to the elven/US/Nazi groups.

And Faen....where are you!?!?!? This RPG was your baby and I'm getting ready to charge you with neglect. Helloooo. :wave:

I know, I know. I was told up front that this was going to be a slow mover but snails are marathon runners by comparison. I realize we're all busy but perhaps I can offer a suggestion. If one is too busy to write a full chapter, perhaps one could write a shorter segment of one, just to give the others who may have some extra time a starting point to continue with their own plotlines. For a bunch of elves who notably do not sleep, our respective elves are snoring. :yawn:

Could someone help me out here. :feedback:

By the way, I believe everyone of the posts are truly brilliant pieces of work. Has anyone read the entire story thus far from beginning to end (having so much time on my hands waiting for the next post, I have done this several times *giggle*)? It really is a great story line. I think Faen had her head in the right place to come up with the idea in the first place. Cheers, Faen, good job. :cheers: Yeah, I'm not really picking on you, girl....just doing my job as MO. *chuckle*
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: October 26, 2004 01:29
Hihi! I am still here

Hey Wolfie, sweetie, would you like me to post their encounter with Karl? I can if you want me to, though it will be a veeeery long post, since I will have to include Karl's point of view, but I would be happy to. Also, if you do plan on writing it, Will shall more than likely shoot back. Also, I am wagering that they run away, since Mir is (as far as I can tell) unarmed and she and Will are outnumbered... Either way, I was planning on ending the post when Mir gets knocked out, that will leave it open for bereth's twins to come in and save the day, which shouldn't be too hard, since the germans are preoccupied with Will and Mir.

What think you?
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 10:08
Okay, I had the day off today :disco: so I actually had time to write a post. Faen and bereth, since your characters are involved, if there is anything you would like to see changed, please please please, let me know :love:

Also, I left the mysterious arrival at the end open, that way if you so wish, bereth, you could have your twins find Will and Mir, if you had other plans, Cefn could find them first That's entirely up to you.

Should be interesting though to see what the twin's reactions would be to seeing a man holding holding their unconscious cousin, especially when a man tried to kill them earlier... Just don't kill poor Will
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 08:46
Oops! Mae, read your first post from the 26th but didn't notice you had posted a second one on the 27th. As it turns out, however, we must be on the same wave length. I responded to your post in the actual thread before I saw your 2nd post. Two great minds thinking as one, I guess. LOL

I had to give Will some thoughts and words to fit in with what what was occurring...hope I haven't thought or said anything that he wouldn't have if you had been writing. If I have, let me know and I'll edit it immediately. I too have placed a lead in for Cefn in the very end of the post. Methinks 'tis now time for the Uruk to enter the scene.

Mae, have emailed you to request my adding you to my IM sites...so often wish I could talk to some of you guys directly re: the latest plot line direction. Do I need to wait for your response to do this or what? And has anyone heard from Faen? Faen, where are yooooooou???? I miss you, gal.

Well, in any case, I'm happy to see us moving forward. Later, people.......
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 11:06
LOL I guess we are on the same wavelength... in which case I feel bad for you, for that infers you must be as crazy as I am :rolling: :twitch:

At any rate, my MSN is [email protected] if you wanted to add me to your list. Though, I am afraid I am very seldom on, at least not until the house is finished. Also, yes, you do have to wait until I come on and I get the notification that you have added me to your list and I have to agree to let you see my online status. Which, btw, I just logged on it didn't say anything, so, I would suggest you try to add me again.

Oh and speaking of the new house, it looks like we will be in before Christmas, but after Thanksgiving, so please just bare with me a while longer *big puppy dog eyes* .
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 04:48
I am soooo very sorry..... Been UBER-stressed and busy lately. I think I have developed an ulcer :banghead:

ANYwho.... I am off to read the latest posts now... I am sure that they are absolutely AMAZING as per usual! Thanks for writing that post for me, Mae... I really will try to keep up a bit better...

Only ONE slight inconsistency that I had read last week (?) as I re-read the whole thread [YEP! *I* do it, too, Bereth ] Jaid, when Penny is thinking about Will, she mentions that he is in the "Army" now... hahahaha Bite your tongue! He's a NAVY man!

Aaaaaand by-the-way, Muinthellen... I DO indeed still want you to take over writing for Lhoss if you are still interested! Hopefully we can get together and work something into the plot between her and Gelladar! hahaha He'll probably despise her for not using her 'inner-power' for her own gain

Alrighty... I'm off to read the masterpiece!

*Faen nances off to read the wonderful new posts!*

WOOOOHOOOO!!! Perfect!!!... Just as I had known it would be!!

I am in the middle of writing my post... But, as Mír is unconcious, it might not move things forward TOO much... It is mostly just Mír getting some much-needed advice from her ol' mum! It's funny what concusions will make an Elleth see! hahaha!

I was thinking of ending it with her waking up in Cefn's lair... Lemme know if that is ok! Are Mír and Will still gonna end up there? :twitch: I should be done with it and ready to post by Saturday morning! Let me know before then if I should add/change anything else!

[Edited on 29/10/2004 by Faenauliel]
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 08:02
Vantarë! Quetarë! Coiarë! Súyarë!
She walks! She talks! She lives! She breathes!

Yay, Faen!!!! Good to see you back and bad to hear about your potential ulcer. Girl, you have to take better care of yourself. Hope the posted threads make you feel at least part of your life has been in good hands. Can't wait until you are back with us more often. Meanwhile, we'll all keep the ship going as best we can.

And Mae/Faen....were the words I put into Will's mouth something he might say or think? I hope so...hate editing but wil be glad to do it if y'all think it is necessary.

Oh! By the way, Faen. I too noticed Penny talking about Will being in the .. ahem .. Army. I almost said something myself but figured (from personal experience) that perhaps she was just having a senior moment and temporarily forgot. :blush: *chuckle* But boy, could Will use her right now...poor boy is going to become awfully overwrought (and develop an ulcer ) with all these languages coming at him from all sides.

Looking forward to Lhoss and Gelladar getting together. Wow! Wasn't aware that was the plan but sounds interesting.

P.S. Mae..pm'ing you re: IM problems

Cenuvanyel rato, troops.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 08:59
Ah, I'm sorry Faen! I know what you mean about maybe developing an ulcer; been through a similiar experience and it's never fun.

D'oh...*smacks head* Right, Will is in the Navy. Gah, I shouldn't post at midnight. I should have known that too; my Da was in the navy. I'll edit the post.

Also, I wanted your advice bereth; about getting Penny into code breakers. Should she recieve an invitation; through a meeting or some such device? Just wondered if you could help me out; I feel a little bit at a loss here.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 06:09
Mae...got your PM and email. I do have MSN but my computer crashed a week or so ago :killcomp: , after I had downloaded the latest version. The new download disappeared with the crash and the old one may not be working anymore. Will try to download new one again. And on site here, do not believe I ever listed MSN in the first place as I had forgotten I had it. :banghead: Just another senior moment.

Jaid...why not have Alan Turing (head of enigma program and Bletchly Park) contact chair of Linguistics at Oxford, looking for someone who is a top notch linguistic specialist and translator that the Univ. could spare for a while. The chair would naturally think of Penny who was put on sabbatical for a semester due to her bronchitis? pneumonia? whatever but who has probably recovered by this time and not yet due to return until next semester. Then Aunt Penny gets a personal call from Turing and .. bingo...she's movin' on down to Bletchley. Then you'll have to read as much as you can about Bletchly to figure out where she fits in..or contact me and I'll see what I can help you out with.

And what's with all you young'uns and ulcers. One thing I've learned in my old age is to "lighten up". Life is too short to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. Stress caused me not an ulcer (in our family, our stomachs are the strongest parts of our bodies ) but heart problems. Since I reviewed those things that are REALLY REALLY important and those that I was just dragging around, my heart has recovered completely and I am about twenty pounds lighter in spirit. So I wish all of you.....Nai aistalë Eldaron hilya le! (May the blessings of the elves go with you)

Onward I go now to see what, if anything, has been added to the thread. Love ya all. :hug:
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 31, 2004 07:19
Ahem...er....um....I hate to post twice in a row but....well, I'm just going to say it.

There are currently nine contributors to this thread (or there were if half of them haven't give up and gone on to other things). I thought of a way to keep this thread active. Couldn't each of us post once each every nine days??? For example: Day 1 - Faen, Day 2 - Maeghin, Day 3 - PB, etc. etc. I know all of you are online at least one day out of nine. I know each of you should be able to develop a post at least once every nine days, even if it's just a one paragraph post just to keep things going. Couldn't you?????

I've been so depressed about the inactivity here that I actually looked at other threads to see if I could join one of them. I don't have to tell you the kind of drivel contained in most of them, do I? But I'm soooooo bored. :yawn:

I've actually thought of giving up on this thread and moving on with my life somewhere else.

Do any of you think my idea might work??? :feedback: One post every nine days....can't be that hard, can it?

Puhleeeeeeeze, think about it. I love this thread...I love all your writing....I love you all. :love:

[Edited on 1/11/2004 by berethedhellen]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 09:33
That's a good idea bereth. I'd agree to it. I don't want this thread to die either!!!
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 02:57
First, let me say, Bereth, that I am SOOOO sorry that this thread moves so slowly! Truly I am! I warned you, but I realize that it does, indeed move EXTREMELY slow.

The idea of each of us posting once every 9 days IS a good idea, except for (1) it doesn't necessarily flow well with the story-line for everyone to add their posts always in the same order... and (2) I can't guarantee that I'll have time to post every 9th day... Sometimes I have time to post on the 3rd or 4th day.... and sometimes I don't have time for 2 weeks! I really DO try, but things are very hectic!

Many of the people who participate in this thread take part in other threads as well.... So, maybe it would help if you joined another thread in addition to this one. I am actually in three other threads (2 of which I co-author with Rudh.... both of which I have been GREATLY neglecting because I have been dedicating my VERY limited net-time to this thread! Sorry, Muinthellen! I promise that I am trying desperately to get those running again!)

I don't want to make it sound like I don't care... I DESPERATELY do NOT want this thread to die..... And I am going to try harder to keep up... But I ask that you please try to bear with me.

Mae... I know that my post didn't really move things along. But with Mír unconcious, there wasn't much I could do. I figured that she must have hit her head on a rock when she fell.... Now I leave it to you to get Will to carry her either to Cefn's island or back to her village.

I figure that my next post will be the security team coming back to the island, but I was waiting for Hank to freak out and make radio contact with them first. Then Nórui, Brêg and the rest of our pointy-eared ones can have a nice clash with the round-eared newcommers! How does that sound?

Also, Jaid... I think that your posts are doing a GREAT job with moving Penny steadily closer to getting directly involved! I know it's a difficult thing to pull off and you are doing wonderfully! Keep it up! :hug:

ALSO.... Hopefully I will be able to catch Rudh and Bereth on the messenger later so that we can work out our respective side-story lines! Bereth, my messenger IS on (I know that it usually tells you that I'm not for some reason), so IM me if you get on tonight!

[Edited on 3/11/2004 by Faenauliel]
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 04:50
Okay guys, I am really sorry to do this to you. I realise it's my turn to post and get things moving, but I am afraid I may not be able to do so for a couple of days. My mom was taken to the hospital today, and they are still not sure what is wrong with her. They think she may have had a stroke, but they will not know for sure until the results come back.

So please, I beg your patience for a few days, I promise I shall write my next post as soon as I can...

Oh and Jaid, I LOVE Aunt Penny! I think by the time you get her accepted into the enigma program (or whatever it's called) Will should be able to send her a telegram and perhaps, with Mir's help, send her some samples of Elvish and relate the corresponding Old English for them. That ought to give you something to work with.

*Huge hugses to everyone* :love:
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 05:20
Awwwww :hug: No worries at all, Mae... Just take care of your Mum! I hope all goes well for her and your family. If it comes down to it, let me know--if you want--and I'll write the next post for you. Just try not to stress too much as that would not be good for your little 'companion'. Love ya muchly.... You and yours are in my prayers. :hug:
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 07:21
Faen....I too am sorry for making everyone feel pressured by my boredom. Forget I ever posted that silly thing. It was just a random moment of insanity. *smile* I do realize how busy everyone is and was just trying to come up with anything that would help fit in with weird schedules. But not to worry...I will be too busy to worry about it for a while. I inherited a 10 month old German Shepard that was being caretaken for a Marine who was deployed to Iraq and subsequently *sigh* killed in action. He (the dog) has no clue about commands, no socialization skills with people or humans, not housebroken (he's been tied to a chain in the caretakers backyard for many months ... most of his young life, as a matter of fact) He's thin as a rail and stubborn as all GS's are. So all my spare time off work will be spent trying to make a "good boy" out of him. So all of you ..... take all the time you want.

Maeghin....I am so concerned for your mom. What a terrible thing for you and your family to be going through. Eru, I do hope she will find it is something minor and head for home in no time. Have the doctors come to a conclusion as to what happened to her? I will pray for her well-being. Having had prayers which I am 100% sure saved my life, I know they work. God and the angels do listen. But I agree with Faen.... think happy thoughts and remain optimistic for the little one's sake. Even tucked away as he/she is, they know when Mom is upset.

Jaid....you know how much I love Penny. She's the British version of me. *giggle* And if you go back to those URLs I left here in ooc, and read some of the info, including the bio of Alan Turing, you may be able to get some info and other names to drop. One thing I did notice in Turing's bio....he went to Cambridge. Strange that he didn't go to his own school for translators. I think he must have gone to Oxford for a translator because they had better linguists (think Tolkien.. ). And they would need linguists at Bletchly as the Enigma messages were all in German, including the various dialectic forms of the Germans from different parts of the country. But I agree with Faen...it's very difficult writing an entirely separate line with the grace and talent that you have used. While not connected yet, the door way is opening for that connection to be made easily.

Th...th...th...that's it, folks. Time to walk the dog.....AGAIN.
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 07:38
NAH! No worries, Bereth! :hug: I completely understand how frustrating it is for you that this moves so slowly! It's double-frustrating for ME as well! After all, this thread is constantly ratteling around in my skull and I never seem to have time to put down the things I DO come up with!

I wish you the UTMOST good luck with the pup... They can be very hard work, but the pay-off is more than worth it. Sorry that you had to come by him in such a way, my heart goes out to the family of his former person.

Let me know if anyone of you has any ideas about things that I could add in!
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 11:16
Okay, my Mom's problems had something to do with her ears and her equilibrium. She is fine now and back home, resting. :love:

Okay, I have Cefn's post written. Bereth, I hope you don't mind, but I had to write a bit for the twins... that or have Cefn Kill Will, which I was not too keen on . ANyhow, if I did anything wrong please let me know and I will change it. I didn't have a chance to edit it due to lack of time, and I had to end it abruptly, but I hope to write another post soon.

*hugses* :love:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 04:49
ined to apologize for inattenetativeness. my employer currently has a large worger shortage (20% personnel reduction due to injury, illness and maternity) and I've been working a lot of extra hours. I'm falling a bit behind but i'll try to get caught up by saturday night with a detailed post..
It appears that the twins have met a detour so I'll continue on for a bit without them.
I'll have Ludschweite's search party return after dark but having found nothing in the woods, not being woodsmen but being very nervous after hearing the shots. I want to reread all the posts before I make my own so don't screw this up.
I guess the germans at Bel's camp will now be verynervous and will decide to return to the sub in the morning, bringng Bel and his tools along with them.

[Edited on 7/11/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 08:58
Hello there!

Emm... I am sorry for being away so long. It is just that I lost my job and was completely cut off the world due to that fact.

What I wanted to ask was: would you guys still accept me back? I would love to, but I'm not sure whether I still can join and so...

Please, do let me know!
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 02:27
Nif! Of course we still want you in this thread!!! (and I think I speak for everyone ) Sorry about your job though, that can be rough.

Aww PB, make sure you take of yourself too. Long hours can have quite a toll on a person. :hug:
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 08:21
I'm glad your mom is okay, Mae! that must have been scary.

bereth, I understand you completely. I love this thread so much, but get frustrated with how slowly it goes mostly becasue I am bored. *sigh* Three months without a job is really trying...

PB, wow...I hope the extra hours don't affect you too much.

Okay, I'm off to research more about Alan Turning and the Enigma code and such. ^__^ I'm going to have so much fun! :disco:
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 10:26
Just read the OOC through...

Mae, dear, I am so happy that you're going to be a mom! It must be a wonderful feeling! I wish I knew it... But I believe I will in time

And thank you so much that you didn't.. well... tell me a quiet "sorry". I was so afraid of it... You can't even imagine! I love this thread, and I want to be a part of it!

So, we have a MO on board, right? LOVE this! Bereth, any suggestions from your side regarding... anything at all!

And, I guess I won't do without your help here. You see, originally it was planned that Sardaore (one of my chars, the father) had met Gwendeth's char, and found out from him that something was wrong... BUT! Gwen isn't here anymore *sigh*, like her chars. So, I have no idea how to involve my Vanyar in the plot.

Faen? Rudh? Is it just me or are you always marrying your chars to one anothers'? :rolleyes: Just asking! :angel:
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 09:05
Nifredil...a small thought that might work. I don't know if you've read the entire thread as well as the OOC but somewhere in one of my posts, I mentioned that the grandmother of the twins was a Vanyar. Celerando and Tarawendië were going to inform their people what the twins had "told" them was happening. Perhaps, since Rando's mother was a Vanyar, he could speak with Sarda. Tara is a cousin of Brêg's...hmmmm, perhaps Rando might also be related to Sarda and, when Sili and Culda finds out that the twins are becoming pro-active in this current situation, Culda might be inspired to use his training after all. *wink wink* Just one possibility, maybe. Nice post, by the way.

And to the rest of this happy crew....greetings. I'd say more but I have to walk the miserable puppy one more time before bedtime. Mae, Faen...how do you keep up with kidlets and have enough energy to even get out of your clothes and into pajamas? I'm too exhausted to do anything. I'm waaaay too old to be a mama again, even if it is just a ten month old puppy. *giggle* To add to the problem, my 4 yr. old dog is not only jealous but has taken to protecting me from the pup, full of growling and shoving and fighting. Darn, it's like a pair of siblings who fight all day long over nothing. "It's my chew toy!" "No, it's mine." "Is not!" "Is so!" Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'll try and keep up, though. Just waiting for Faen to make her next move. *nudge*

BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 09:10
A couple of thoughts. Maeghin....Cefn interests me. Mir is Sindarin. The twins are Telerin. Cefn is ? Uruk-hai and ? Not sure how she 'knows' the twins. And is she multi-lingual? Or are the twins struggling with their shaky knowledge of Sindarin when talking to her?

See, I could make a post that would carry this along a little bit while Mir is recovering (and Faen can take a break for a bit longer as a result) but I don't know how to speak to Cefn. In what language? I know very little Sindarin ( though I'm still only learning Quenya so not much better in Quendi but certainly better than Sindarin). Fill me in if you can and I'll develop a post ASAP. Thanks.

Time to walk the dog. *sigh* Goodnight all.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 02:01
Hey, bereth!

Thank you for the suggestions. I do appreciate them. I would prefer Rando and Sarda to be friends rather than relatives. Could it be so? Maybe they have fought together during the War? What say you?

It looks to me you have a very interesing life now! I know that my mom if eagerly waiting for a pair of little legs to walk around the place, but neither me nor my sister are thinking about a family now. Well, we still have time... So, she must be happy with the cat, for now at least.

And, just a note. If I'm not mistaken, Sindarin and Telerin are languages, Sindar and Vanyar are Sinda and Vanya in plural. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
In the Realm of Ulmo
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 03:29
Oh, very sorry, I thought I had clarified Cefn's lineage previously :blush:

Okay, here is her background... Loktar, her mother was an Uruk-Hai. She had as gentle a heart as one could possibly have (although she was prone to outbursts of anger, due to her heritage, which Cefn inherited.) At any rate, she fell in love with a young Elf named Hîredû (Faen's character from the HFH. Hîredû, or 'Re has a twin brother ‘Rau, and their older brother is Faen's Bregalagos, thus the relationship.) and he with her. Despite their differences, they found a love unlike any other. Cefn was the product of this love. (Oh Faen! I just realised something... Cefn was the name of Breg's horse! )

Okay, for more info, check her profile, I should have it up soon.
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 08:24
:wave: Wow sorry for not posting in either the actual thread nor this OOC for a long time. Lately life has been very crazy because finals are nearing. :dizzy: Saddly I got behind, but luckily I am now caught up and am willing to post, although I don't know exactly what I should post. :blush: With a bit of help from the fabulous Faen, we came up with the conclution that my little family's father over heard the strange words from the gathering with Breg and Mir, and was one of the onlookers. Having just read the last post written by our dearest berethedhellen traveling to consult Sarda, I thought the family could walk into town to alert others, but moreover to see what should be done about the interloping ships and odd speaking foreigners. Since Nif's character's and my character's life in the same city, maybe they could be friends, and when their father tells the brothers to go visit Breg to ask him what they should do (plus possibly he thinks it would be much safer) Laure of course goes along with her brothers; and they encourage Nif's characters to join them in their journey. The only one having qualms about their venture would be the eldest brother, but the others assume the entire land is perfectly safe and a journey with their friends is all just fun and games.

This is only an idea, you can throw it out completely or anyone can elaborate on this. :feedback: This thread is very exciting keep up the good work everyone. I must be off to mow the long awaited lawn, finish up Anatomy homework and play tennis!!!!Cheers
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 18, 2004 04:24
I am getting the impression that this thread is suffering a second death. Am I right? It would be a dreadful shame if it is. There have been so many great posts already and so many wonderful ideas about how to carry the storyline further.

Well, if nothing else, this post will bring us back to the first page .. at least for another week perhaps.

Someone let the rest of us know what to expect, please.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email