Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1213141516Last >>
Author Topic:
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
When you're in the Games thread and you keep checking it to make sure Gandolorin isn't hot on your heels.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you know how to say The Lord's Prayer in Sindarin.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you are in the Games thread and you KNOW ES and Maxie are firing away - but you do not care (well, it's only 21:34 hours CET - some time left)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When you are planning an allnighter on here with someone.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
When your largest group of friends is here on CoE
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When you sit here, in tears, when you find out the Dragon Eggspedition has been stopped at the Green Dragon Inn. It will be having a new home soon.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
When you know you really should be running for the bus, but you just can't tear yourself away.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you are in the Games Forum and are just listlessly moping around because no one is there to challenge you
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, Gandolorin. As it is midnight where you are, or something close to it, I am here to challenge you, but you are not here. Next time.

When you spend time creating little realm insignias for all of your friends and then kill the internet by emailing them.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
When you spend too much collecting Tolkien quiz books so you can stump your Realm companions in Tolkien Trivial Pursuit.

Which reminds me I due to post the next round today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
my

[Edited on 02/01/2014 by Gandolorin]
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
notebook

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
is

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
HAUNTED!!!!! Or has anyone else had a quadruple post after only two keystrokes???

"Wh" is as far as I got ...

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you start wishing you lived in anther timezone because most if not all of the others gamesters only get on-line when it's past midnight where you live (more CoE- than strictly LotR-obsessed, truthfully).

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When one Eldarin tongue is not enough for you, so you start to learn Quenya along with Sindarin.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you read the bibliographies of you new books on JRRT to see if you can find even more interesting books to order, then read the bibliographies of those books etc.

[Edited on 02/10/2014 by Gandolorin]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
When you actually find yourself enjoying the prospect of dishes because you can finally get off your computer chair and get the blood flowing in your *** once again.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When this is how you study for English Vocabulary tests:

Aragorn is a very altruistic ruler.
Gandalf gave his assent for Sam to accompany Frodo on the quest.
Theoden showed clemency towards Grima.
There was a dearth for warriors at the Battle for Helms Deep.
Halath, son of Hama, was diffident speaking with Aragorn.
The Orcs were indominatable when fighting the Fellowship.
In my eyes, the Elves are infallible.
Boromir displayed temerity in defending Pippin and Merry.
Shelob's venom was virulent.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you just need to read the comments on DoS to realize that PJ seems to be redoing the LotR in The Hobit in parts for no good reason.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you study Sindarin more than your French.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you realize that you are occasionally startled by things written in LotR because you remember a rejected version from HoME.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you think that some of the biographies in the new books don't give Tolkien justice, so you come to CoE and read the huge biography.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you re-read books by leading JRRT authorities like Carpenter, Shippey, Curry, Crabbe, Pearce and Flieger and pounce on any slight slips you find there.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you start blabbing to your friends about the Silmarillion, even though they don't care.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you look at your previous post and think "maybe I should have given the full names of those authors."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
LOL.

When you write in Tengwar on your arm.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you look at your two previous posts and realize that even full names will just draw blank stares from a lot of people.

[Edited on 02/14/2014 by Gandolorin]

[Edited on 02/14/2014 by Gandolorin]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When you are up all night and talk Tolkien..
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you would rather visit CoE than check your own email.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you have Robert Foster's 1986 "Complete Guide to Middle Earth" and realize it definitely need updating!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you get a 99.5% on an Earth Science test because you write Middle Earth instead of Earth. *Bangs head*
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you have been in Forum Home » Books Discussion » Discuss the Books, have clicked on "Last", find out the Forum has 20 pages of threads and think "all right, tons of stuff where I can dump my two cents' worth!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
There are so many threads that are so long and bear reading.

When you call a someone who is not nice to you an Orc.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
When you insult people who are mean to you in Elvish.

And when you spend so long write roleplays in formal style that you fail at writing casually.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
<< First1213141516Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email