Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1415161718Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
LOL, Lindarielwen!

When you watch FotR in class and you feel depressed that no one else is paying attention.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you read a background book (about a book, books, an author) not at all about LotR, but they mention LotR in the sense of "this is where LotR is so phenomenal and ... ", and by comparison the subject of the background book looks limp - and you think "yeah, you got it", even when you have never read the stuff the background book is talking about (hmmmm - not so good, prejudiced pro LotR, and taking someone else's opinion at face value without knowing if that opinion has the slightest merit. OK, prejudiced pro LotR is fine, the rest - oh me oh my!)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you are using CoE as a catalyst to keep your temper while uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes trying to get your father's new iPod to work.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When some of what has been in the news recently makes you think "yeah, Mordor was in the East, too."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
^^LOL!!!^^

When you read "habit" as "Hobbit"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When some other things that have been in the news recently make you think "oh, just great, and the descendants of the Black NĂºmenoreans haven't died out yet, either!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you sometimes get distracted from your homework because of CoE.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
When you sometimes don't do homework until very late because of CoE
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

When you sit for hours going back and forth in the Games forum.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When you are starting to count the days till Hobbit 3
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Me too! When you almost freak out when you meet someone whose last name is Oliphant.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
No way!

When you have a large circle of friends on CoE.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I know of Timothy Olyphaunt..(Justified)

When you would rather *talk* to your CoE friends than the crabby friends in your RL.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you copy and paste all of your RPs into a folder on your flash drive, including the DE, in case they get deleted from CoE.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you finally get your copy of JRRT's translation of Beowulf and can't wait to find the parallels to LotR (though most of them are not in the text but in the situation of their respective authors in their respective times - see JRRT's lecture "The Monsters And The Critic".)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When you are so happy when you hear of a new tv show called The Quest that is based on Lord of the Rings...I think it starts on ABC at the end of the month, but I could be wrong.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you are overjoyed about TPAM's post!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I think I am mistaken in saying it is based on LotR. The show was created by the producer of LotR. Nonetheless, I will watch it at least once. It might be one of those reality shows.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
When you spend the night at the barn with your horse and revel in the fact that he responds better to the elvish name you gave him rather than his human name.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
You have a One Ring and you only touch it at night when your sister is asleep.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you decorate your room like Middle Earth
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
When you carefully balance your FOTR book on the edge of your dagger.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When it is after midnight and you are driving home in the rain and are thinking you won't be home till 2am but will find time to take a quick peek at what is going on here.

[Edited on 07/08/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you feel upset that you missed seeing RotK on TV even though you own the DVD
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yes Maxie!

When you are fighting orcs with your mother's yardstick...and well...she returns home to her lamp broken. But Mom it was the biggest orc!

(Not me a friend )
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you go on CoE before anything else online.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
same here, Maxie

When you go to get an autograph and you tell the person your council name instead of your real name.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
When you have four different lotr/hobbit t-shirts.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I don't have any

When you love wearing your pointy ears way too much.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you wish you had pointy ears.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you order "The Lord of the Rings - A Reader's Companion" by Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull at your favorite bookstore, they send you an e-mail after maybe 6 weeks telling you they have not been able to dig the book up with their usual, suppliers, and ask you if they should continue trying - and you answer with "YES, YES, please continue!!!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you play tennis with your friends, and the rule is that eveytime you hit the ball, you say a quote from Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit or the hit doesn't count.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
When you have the theme from Gondor going through your head non-stop.
ImageImage
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When your depressed that you the only member online on CoE.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Indeed Maxie.

When you can say all the lines in the movies before they are actually said.
ImageImage
<< First1415161718Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email