Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1314151617Last >>
Author Topic:
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you want to post in another thread, need some information from FotR, know vaguely it's in the chapter "The Council of Elrond", find it after a few pages, but just continue reading for an hour and forget all about your post.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I can fully identify with your dilemma ....

When you complete two pages, plus in Games .... under the excuse of: "Well, I am the moderator of the forum."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you make up little songs to the tune of the movie themes to remember Geometry...stuff.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you read the CHAPTER The Council of Elrond (see above) for more times that you have read the entire LotR (far more than 12 times) and decide it's time for another reread of LotR.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When you are caught in the rain at Daytona Speedway and seek shelter under a palm tree and since everyone under the tree is drinking pints, you dub the tree the Party Tree!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you hear someone call LOTR Lord of the Fellowship, so you correct them.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you think of the people who annoy you at work (most of whom you do not even know, they're the anonymous ones you mean when you say "the company" is getting on your nerves) as a bunch of little Sarumans and Wormtongues.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you and your sister study math with The Hobbit music on in the background.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you come home on a Friday afternoon from work and think "Well, I'm back".
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you return to CoE after one week, and it is the most you have smiled all day.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When Evil~Shieldmaiden posts things in the Games Forum forcing you to go to Wikipedia, and you think that a new printed encyclopedia of JRRT is just so overdue.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you wake up at two AM and read TTT by light of flashlight.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When Evil~Shieldmaiden has repeatedly posted questions from Tolkienverse so obscure you have to have HoME memorised to answer - and one name DOES pop into your mind: BerĂșthiel!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you curse Saruman for casting spells that bring cold weather to Buffalo, before you realize that it can't be Saruman because...
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When you are already thinking about what to wear to the final Hobbit movie.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

When you read articles on how to make your own pointy Elf ears.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you phone [a department] in your company because the way the changed [something] strikes you as odd, not to say unhelpful, and their explanation strikes you as so pointless that you think "Red alert! There's a Saruman loose among the people who in [department] have decision-making power!!!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you watch the trailer and the first nine minutes of DoS over and over on FiOS On Demand just because it is a free preview and it's not up for retal yet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you stroll by (but do not enter) one of the two consumer electronics chains in Germany (located in what passes for a mall in my city of 110.000 or so inhabitants), see advertising at the entrance for something called "The Elder Scroll(s?)", note the costumes and think "another LotR clone!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you sit in your room and read The Silmarillion out loud in your best Galadriel voice.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
When the only badge you have on a quiz site is 'Ringbearer' for taking so many LotR quizzes!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you realize that the books you have that are in best condition are your Tolkien ones.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you started off with a paperback edition of around 1984, which you wore down with repeated reading (TTT having over 100 loose-leaf pages by now), and you went whole-hog and bought the 2002 hardcover edition illustrated by Alan Lee.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you have a sore and raspy throat and tell your mother and sister you sound like Gollum.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When you are at a yard sale and buy yet another copy of The Hobbit.
thranduillion
Council Member
Send Message
When your closet has an unnerving amount of hobbit-y clothes and cloaks...
Image Image
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
When you a shops named 'Hobbs' and your brain automatically puts in the missing 'it'. Also, when you have the extended editions but still want to buy the normal editions, just so you can point out all the bits that are missing or changed. And I would have bought it too, but my mum said I wasn't allowed...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
When you buy the DoS on paperview and watch it and then (i am guessing it has like a 24 hour rule thing or something) you wake up and it is free so u watch it again, and again, and then the next week your grandma buys it for you and you watch it again, and again, and again
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I know what you mean, Wolfie. I like to compare the different versions too. You should see my Trilogy collection. Soon The Hobbit will be a trilogy.

Legolas23, I sure don't blame you for watching it over and over and over!

When you go to the library and borrow the same Tolkien books you have at home.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When your calender has the Elven days of the week on it.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
When you join a LOTR fansite
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
When you have all three LotR cinema versions and all three EEs.
(Certain to repeat for The Hobbit, mainly for the additonal material).
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When you look at The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, movie display every time you are at the store, nevermind that you already have the movie.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you pause DoS in the Laketown scenes to see the scenery in the background so you get ideas for how to decorate your room.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I was at the circus yesterday with a friend and all of a sudden there were 3 blasts from some kind of horn. My friend looks at me and says, "That is no orc horn." Silence for a moment...then we both say, "Boromir!"
<< First1314151617Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email