Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel of Valinor
on: May 17, 2005 02:56
Almárëa looked up at the group, surprised by their appearance. Her hand went to the hilt on russenyere but she didn't unsheath it. Instead she looked over the travelers, assessing them for the danger they might hold. She they were elves. One had black hair and beauty that shadowed the evenstar's but that was not what first caught her eye.

She was startled to see golden hair and sharp grey eyes. He hailed her, asking her if she needed any aid. She stood for a moment unanswering. He was obviously Noldor. She looked into his eyes, searching for the sadness and regret that usually accompanied one who had participtaed in the kin-slaying. He had those emotions making her wary of him.

She steeled her face and answered him with a feigned air of cold arrogance, "Well met, my lord. I have but lost my horse and do not require your aid for so simple a task."
dark_strider_dragon_rider
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 01:04
Daedraug looked at Lastamo and said " Well it is a cozy little abode, I am shure it is much better than the rock and trees that I am used to sleeping in. So my lady, what do we have to ea today." Daedraug awaited Lastamos reply.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 05:47
Rowan stood a little aside as the group came across the elven maid. He watched and listened as the elleth spoke.
"Lost your horse? Lost.. or stolen?" He had so far hardly spoken two words together, but they just came into his head, and he'd said them before he'd had time to think it over. Now he thought about it, he deemed it slightly foolish. Just because they'd had something taken... didn't mean that anyone else who'd lost something had had it stolen. However, he awaited the elf's answer with interest.

(( I hope this is ok.. I just felt Rowan needed to say something...))
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2005 05:16
Daedraug looked at Lastamo and said " Well it is a cozy little abode, I am shure it is much better than the rock and trees that I am used to sleeping in. So my lady, what do we have to ea today." Daedraug awaited Lastamos reply.

Lastamo smiled. " Well thank-you very much, Herunya [my lord]." she said with a smile. "Um, I have some bread, fresh fruits, and some fish, if you're interested." She smiled. "I know it isn't a whole lot, but you're welcome to it. She reached up into the cupboard. "I also have some wine, if you are thirsty."
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2005 12:17
Alcarinque was surpised at the slight bite to the elven miaden's words. She glanced at Glorfindel, recalling that he was of the Noldor...possibly that had something to do with it.

She was equally surprised when Rowan spoke.

"Lost your horse? Lost.. or stolen?"

The usually silent man seemed acutely interested now. Alcarinque thought to interject, but decided to wait for Glorfindel's reply instead.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 01:08
((OOC: Am I mistaken or does Glorfindel have brown hair? I was just wondering...)
Nimaethors surprise soon turned into amusement as he beheld the maidens reply. Obviously there was something about Glorfindel that she did not like, although he could not quite understand what it was as the Noldor had spoken very politely.
Nimaethor knew Glorfindel well enough to be sure the tall Elf would not be happy about this reaction to his presence. Eyebrows drawn up and smile curving his fine lips he awaited the reaction of his elven friend. Before Glorfindel spoke however, Rowan had asked the maiden a question that caught his interest. Nimaethor was not sure what had driven the man to ask if the missing horse had been stolen, maybe it was just instinct. The maiden did not react immediately and turned her attention away from Glorfindel. She was obviously not sure if she should trust this group of travelers.
Her prolonged silence made Nimaethor even more curious. "M'Lady, Please answer my dear friend's question. Iam curious to know the answer as something has indeed been stolen from us." Nimaethor would not normally have given such information so freely to a stranger as most probably this information would result in questions being asked. Here and now however he hoped it would prove bait enough for the maiden push her doubts aside.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 12:45
Daedraug looked up at Lastamo and said " I will have some wine to drink please, and a little bit of everythin to eat. Also you greatly give me honor, my lady, honor which I probobly don't disserve. For I am no Lord and am no better then a Ancaint Captain who has turned into a Rouge Warrior who is used to eatting nothing more than hardtack and grull, and is not seen as worthy enough to eat at a high offiver from the village malittias table much leass a lords dinning hall. I would probably not be welcome to eat at a lords table evan if I had been a General of a great army instead of a Captain from an ancient army that is no longer evan thought apon, unlease it is out of scorn. I have grown used to this fact though and no longer regreat it. The only thing I regreat, somtimes, is that I probably scar young childrien when they see my face and then see this scar on my face. I am also worried that I scare beautiful wemon who see my fice because of this varry same scar."

Lastamo had brought Daedraug his food and whine and know took a small drink of the whine. He help and drank from his cup as if he where a king evan though he had told Lastamo he was not worthy of even eatting at a nobles table much lease being one. He then pulled out a blach chain which had a golden Leave of Lothlorien on it and then looked at Lastamo and continued his story " The onlly thing I have to be happy about is that after the first few months that Lothlorien had been raised up I had been chosen by the lady of Lothlorien and had become for a short time her personal gardian but then I left her sevice with only this neclace to remind me of that short lived peace and happines that I had had for those few short months of my long, lonly, and unhappy life. I'm sorry I've been talking this whole time when you were gracious enought to let me into your home. So know. Please tell me about yourself My lady." Daedroug waited with great intreast at what this magnificent she-Elf would tell him. He hoped she would forgive him for his rode behaviour, and would also be willing to open herself up much as he himself had done.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 03:33
((okay, I hope this post turns out all right, you can always post backwards and end up to where I end...anyway, wish me luck!))

Macilie yawned, listening to the back and forth conversation that was going on between the newcomer and three of the other Elves. Macilie had a small attention span especially when it came to people's belongings being stolen.

Soon enough, it became clear that the woman would join them and Macilie shrugged. Nudging her horse forward, she followed now in the back of the group thinking silently to herself of the dreams she had seen earlier. They had purpose, yes, but to her they meant nearly nothing...yet. She sighed and looked up as the traveling ceased and they began to set up camp. Climbing off her horse, Macilie spotted Alcar and briefly smiled at her friend of old before sitting against a rock.

She took out a small package and carefully unravelled the string to reveal the jerky she had inside. She chewed the meaty snack with no fervor, especially since she wasn't really all that hungry. Grabbing her flask, she took a swig of water...the flask dropped from her nearly lifeless hands as body became engulfed with yet another - draining - vision...
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2005 08:07
(Oh dear, well progress is slow, so I shall just post following along on Macilie)
Alcarinque was quiet as the newcomer and Nimaethor exchanged quiet greetings and it was decided that the traveler would join them. The day had been misty and wet, and the night seemed no better. There was a fine spray of rain falling about them, and thunder rumbled in the distance. Without a word to the murmured discussion among the others, she spread out a few blankets and made a makeshift tent out of some oilskin. She was about to reach into her pack for some lembas and her skin of water when she noticed her friend Macilie drop her flask, her face ashen. Sensing another visiion, Alcarinque reached out a hand toward her...
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2005 10:21
As the group traveled on, again not much was spoken. Their hasty departure had prevented the group from getting to know each other at least a little and as none of then felt like having a bit of light conversation they remained silent.
Soon they halted again to prepare a camp for the night. Many of the conpany were experienced travelers, and soon a tent was set up, a fire was burning and food and drink were passed around. The mood became somewhat more relaxed as they sat there and Nimaethor turned his attention to his comanions. It should always remain misterious to him how soon one could find oneself in an unexpected situatiuon as this.
The two fair maidens from Rivendell for example. Nimaethor was still uncertain what had been the motivation for them to aid him on his quest. He was grateful for Macilie's presence, because to depend only on eventual mistakes of the thief might well lead to failiure. With her gift of foresight their chances were greatly improved.
His eyes traveled on to Alcrinque. Her beaty had captured his gaze more then once this day. And always when he looked upon her he was overcome by the feeling that there was something of importance that he should tell her. When she looked up at him, Nimaethor swiftly averted his gaze.
Glorfindel was a friend. There was not doubt why he had joined. It was his spirit to help where he could. It had been his father's too as Nimaethor could well remember.
Rowan was sitting at his side, staring into the fire. The man was very quiet, but the friendship he offered was sincere and came from his heart. "Thank you." Nimaethor addressed him. "You did not have to come, and yet you are here." He smiled at the man. "Tell me my friend, where did you come from and what brought you to Rivendell?"
They had been in conversation for a while when Nimaethor's attention was drawn to Macilie. Her flask had fallen from her hand. Alcarinque had already reached out to steady her friend and with a few steps Nimaethor was at her side and with a deep look into her eyes asked the maiden how he might be of help.
He had barely knelt down on the other side of Macilie, when the first arrows flew past their ears, finding their marks in treetrunks or the forerst floor.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 03:05
Rowan enjoyed the conversation with Nimaethor, glad to have a reason to speak. He did not know why, but he felt that silence suited him best in this group.
"You need not offer me your thanks - I came partly to aid a wronged person, but also partly for the adventure." He paused, wondering how much he was going to tell Nimaethor about himself. "I come from Rhovanion, but I have no real fixed place that I call home. I like to roam about the country, doing whatever I feel like doing." He smiled. "It has it's ups and downs. I was visiting Rivendell to get a taste of elvish life, and hoping to see the Libraries. However, this quest has caught my attention far more than any book could." He leaned forwards closer to the fire, to add a few more sticks.
Suddenly Macilie seemed to fall into a trance, and Alcarinque was instantly at her side, Nimaethor following. Rowan rose to his feet, concernedly, but when the arrows shot around them he rushed over to the little group, his eyes seemingly on fire.
"We're under attack - we've got to move Macilie, she can't defend herself like this." His hand was on his sword hilt, but he did not move while there was doubt about what to do with the tranced elven-maid. He didn't want her to get hurt in any way, but their position was now very perilous - their attackers could burst in at any time, and one misplaced arrow could take a life in less than a second.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 01:21
As soon as the vision had come it was gone, but it took some seconds to gather the information just given to her. The vision seemed short but it had been long...and draining. All senses finally returned to her and she blinked and took a deep breath. She felt tired but her senses told her of urgency. Many of the camp were gathered around her...but so were ugly orc-hewn arrows.

She frowned and pushed Alcar away, vainly trying to rise on her own, but finding that much of her strength was dissapated. She looked to Alcar in worry, "Help me behind those trees?" she asked, feeling embarrassed that she was so weak...and not feeling well.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 09:03
Nimaehtor had soon taken in the situation. The arrows came from a variety of angles but they left them with one potential way out of the clearing. This was the only way they had although Nimaethor knew well that it could be a trap with another group od orcs awaiting them. But they would have to take that chance.
Nimaethor swiftly stooped and lifted Macilie. The maiden weighed nearly nothing in his arms, and he set forth giving a few orders along the way. "Alcarinque, our packs! You'll have to carry mine and Macilie's as well. Rowan! Glorfindel! See to the defence!"
With all the caution the situation allowed Nimaethor proceded into the dark of the trees. They had been cut off from the horses and so had to continue on foot. After they had made some way it became aparent that this had not been a trap. But the ors were still in their persuit. At times arrows were still flying past them and one of them found it's mark in Nimaethor's upper arm. He grimmaced in pain and had to halt as not to let Macilie slip from his arms. "Alcarinque, help me with Macilie here!" Soon they set forth again but with Macilie now having to walk only supported by the two of them, the orsc started to catch up with them anew.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 07:32
Macilie groaned inwardly when she felt the impact from the arrow that hit Nimaethor. He let her slip to the ground and Macilie found that she could stand but was wary to walk...or run. Clenching her teeth, she forced every bit of her strength and spirit on running...which surprisingly worked.

Praying to the Valar that she could keep it up long enough, she continued on. Unfortunately, with all her energy just focused on using her legs, she wasn't as spry as usual. She tripped as her foot fell into a hole and groaned again. She struggled to get her foot out and cursed under her breath. Finally, with some help from Nimaethor, she was free of the hole, but knew her ankle was in pain the minute she began to stand.

"Just go, Nimaethor, do what you need to do...we cannot keep running...and I cannot run at all. I'll fend for myself," she said, angered at herself.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 08:36
((Er, hey, Rowan can do something dashing and help Macilie out...! =_= hahaha~!))
As she and Nimaethor tried desperately to help Macilie in the group's jumbled escape, Alcarinque was only vaguely in the situation herself. The orc arrows continued to come, and their crude voices speaking in their vile tongue came on the wind from the distance. Alcarinque could only hear a strange chanting in her head - something reminiscent of her dreams of her mother. Only when Nimaethor's arm supporting Macilie along with hers weakened was she jolted completely awake to the situation. Macilie slid to the ground between them, and she saw Nimaethor grimace as he gripped a hand about his arm, a black arrow lodged in it. As Macilie rose and started to run Alcarinque could only take Nimaethor by his good arm and pull him along to keep him moving. His usually keen eyes were dimmed slightly from pain. She gazed at him fiercely, her amber eyes glowing in her shadowy face. "Forget the pain, Nimaethor. Pain is forgotten in days - but death, once come, will stay forever..." He nodded, and they managed to catch up to Macilie, until she stopped suddenly, her ankle stuck. Nimaethor pulled her free, but Macilie was too weak.
"Just go, Nimaethor, do what you need to do...we cannot keep running...and I cannot run at all. I'll fend for myself," she said, angered at herself.
Alcarinque and Nimaethor looked at eachother. His arm was not good enough to carry her, and she was not strong enough...

((Enter Rowan...?))
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 10:46
(( Ooo.. good idea. *dives into action* btw, who is controlling Glorfindel?))

Rowan had picked up the nearest bow, and was letting arrow after arrow fly in the direction of the enemy, several of them striking lucky. He ducked as more arrows were sent in a volley, and was about to get his sword out when something made him look over his shoulder.
He immediately saw the predicament of his friends, and dashed over to help.
He glanced from Nimaethor to Alcarinque, then down to Macilie.
"I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way." He scooped her up in his arms, and cast an anxious look over his shoulder. "We should get out of here as quickly as possible."
His chestnut eyes turned to Macilie's pale face, and they lingered there for a moment, before he glanced up again at the others. "We should get to the horses - we don't stand a chance here, we're too outnumbered."

(( Sorry it's not very long - I've used up all of my brain cells... they do have horses, don't they? ))
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 12:02
((Good point…I do indeed believe we have horses…))
Alcarinque was relieved as Rowan carried Macilie, and the group fled as the the orc arrows continued to fly. The horses – well-trained and used to travel – had the sense to follow them as they picked their way through the dark foliage. When they came to an area free of roots and the spaces between trees became wider, they mounted the horses. After a few minutes of riding as fast as the horses could go, the group settled into an uneasy canter. The orc arrow that had found it’s mark in Nimaethor’s arm was still there, but there was no time to stop and tend to it. Through the late hours of the night the group rode on, powered with an adrenaline that only a night attack could instigate. Alcarinque was surprised when the forest ended abruptly before them, and they were faced with a high stone wall, too smooth for the workings of nature. To her keen elven eyes a faint inscription could be seen – surely, this was the gate to the famed halls of the Dwarves. A collective sigh of relief ran throughout the group, though a few continued to look behind them, fearing that the orcs would soon find them again. Alcarinque calculated that they would be safe for at least a few hours before they were pursued once more, if the orcs had bothered to follow them this far. That, she hoped, would be enough for them to gain entrance. Glorfindel had already dismounted and was inspecting the stone wall curiously. Hesitating, he knocked loudly three times. There was no response. “The Dwarves are cunning. I believe they lie in wait just behind this wall – and perhaps they may also see us through some secret opening in the wall. But they will watch us, and should we manage to gain entrance through this gate on our own, they will treat us kinder than if we had simply come pounding in.” He shrugged his pack off and removed a few worn parchments from it. “I must study a few of these records, and perhaps I may find the way in soon.”
Tired but unable to sleep, the rest of the group settled down for a while. Macilie seemed to have recovered from her ordeal with the Sight. However, there was a deep weariness in her eyes that could come only from those with the power.
Nimaethor was slowly examining the area around the wound in his upper arm. Alcarinque went to seat herself next to him with the box of medicines and bandages that had been given the group by Lord Elrond. As she opened the box and her nimble fingers sorted through the various remedies, she questioned Macilie in a low voice. “What was it this time, Macilie? I know you are weary, but if some vision has come that may be of aid to us in this quest, perhaps there is no time to lose.”

((Is there anyway we can get some more conversations going, even if it’s small talk, so there’s more interaction between characters? That might make it more interesting. ))
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 08:22
Macilie sighed and put her hand over her eyes. "Alcar...I..." she paused, beginning to tell her friend that she wasn't sure of what she saw. Unfortuanately, she would have been lying...

"The location of where /he/ lies," she said, whispering so no one else would hear. "It was quick glances...landmarks...showing how to get to where he is. He definitely carries what we seek," Macilie said, her eyes dark and weary. "Alcar, you are aware that he does not want to be found, aye? Because once we find him, we may perhaps have a fight on our hands," Macilie continued.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2005 09:40
(OoC: First of all, I would like to apologize for my neglect of this thread--I had thought that it had been marked for e-mail alert, and that it was just being neglected. :blush: I see now that that was not the case. So, yah. Sorry! )

Daedraug looked up at Lastamo and said " I will have some wine to drink please, and a little bit of everything to eat. Also you greatly give me honor, my lady, honor which I probobly don't deserve. For I am no Lord and am no better then a Ancient Captain who has turned into a Rouge Warrior who is used to eatting nothing more than hardtack and gruel, and is not seen as worthy enough to eat at a high offiser from the village malittias table much less a lords dinning hall. I would probably not be welcome to eat at a lords table evan if I had been a General of a great army instead of a Captain from an ancient army that is no longer even thought upon, unless it is out of scorn. I have grown used to this fact though and no longer regreat it. The only thing I regreat, somtimes, is that I probably scare young childrien when they see my face and then see this scar on my face. I am also worried that I scare beautiful women who see my fase because of this verry same scar."

Lastamo had brought Daedraug his food and whine and know took a small drink of the whine. He help and drank from his cup as if he where a king even though he had told Lastamo he was not worthy of even eatting at a nobles table much less being one. He then pulled out a black chain which had a golden Leave of Lothlorien on it and then looked at Lastamo and continued his story " The onlly thing I have to be happy about is that after the first few months that Lothlorien had been raised up I had been chosen by the lady of Lothlorien and had become for a short time her personal gardian but then I left her sevice with only this neclace to remind me of that short lived peace and happines that I had had for those few short months of my long, lonly, and unhappy life. I'm sorry I've been talking this whole time when you were gracious enought to let me into your home. So know. Please tell me about yourself My lady." Daedroug waited with great intreast at what this magnificent she-Elf would tell him. He hoped she would forgive him for his rude behaviour, and would also be willing to open herself up much as he himself had done.

Lastamo smiled softly at Daedroug. "First of all, Dear Sir," she said, "Do not trouble yourself with matters beyond your concern. If your scar--which, in my opinion, is more dignifying than it is firightening--scares someone, then that is their problem. You should not concern yourself with such a trivial matter.

"Now, about myself," she pursed her lips, sunk dep into thought. "Well," she began after several seconds, "I have lived her in Cuivenien for my entire life. My parents were killed by servants of Morgoth a mere two hundred years ago, and since then I have lived her alone. I try to make use of the herbs in the surrounding vincinity, for Eru has seen fit to bless me with an understanding of such medicinal practices. That's what I was doing when you rescued me," she explained.

"So, tell me," she said, changing the subject, "what else of the outside world can you tell me? I'm afraid my life is rather sheltered, here away from the troubles of the world. I'm afraid we don't hear much, except for rumors of troubling stirring in the East--though I'm afraid trouble is always stirring," she laughed self-conciously.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 07:44
Daedraug smiled and looked at Lastamo and said " Please call me Daedraoug. Well all I can really tell you is that Orks are begining to become more organized. Old evils are walking Middle Earth yet again, and things have become very hard for people an live an honost life. You can hardly live villages without being attacked by a large band of Orks. O.K., well maybey we could talk about somthing else know, nabey I could stay here with you and help protect you when you go out to make use of your herbs. That way neither one of use would ever fill alone again, because we would have each other. So what do you say to that Lastamo? Does it sound like a good plain to you? If it does then I will help ypu in any way that I can." Daedraug waited to see whae Lastamo would say?
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 03:52
Nimaethor looked up to Alcarinque when she joined him. Talking to Macilie the maiden looked though her medical supplies. He knew he should be paying attention to the conversation but his mind was occupied by the Elf beside him. Her gaze was often severe, yet when she smiled it came from her heart and a light seemed to glow through her eyes. He had started to wonder about the maidens past, about the reason for her severeness. It seemed to him like something precious had been taken from her as well and he sincerely hoped that he might help her find it again just as she was now helping him on this quest.
His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a sharp pain as Alcarinque had removed the arrow from his arm. For a moment he closed his eyes and slowly led out his breath again. Then he looked up to her with a smile as she bandaged the wound with capable fingers. "Thank you."
Meanwhile Glorfindel had continued his search for the hidden entrance to the mines and the group looked up in surprise when they heard heavy stone doors moving. Glorfindel turned to them with a smile on his face that was returned by Nimaethor who got up to join his friend. "And now, my friend?"
"And now," Glorfindel retorted "we need to gain permission from the dwarves that await us inside to pass through their realm."
Nimaethor raised his eyebrows and sighed. This was no easy task for any Elf. He turned his head to Rowan who looked back at him. "I might need your help with this." He said to the man. And together they cautiosly set off into the mines of Moria.

(I think here Rowan will probably have to reassure the dwarves that these paticular Elves are not as bad as they look or someting. What do you think Anduril?)
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 10:16
Daedraug smiled and looked at Lastamo and said " Please call me Daedraoug. Well all I can really tell you is that Orks are begining to become more organized. Old evils are walking Middle Earth yet again, and things have become very hard for people an live an honost life. You can hardly live villages without being attacked by a large band of Orks. O.K., well maybey we could talk about somthing else know, nabey I could stay here with you and help protect you when you go out to make use of your herbs. That way neither one of use would ever fill alone again, because we would have each other. So what do you say to that Lastamo? Does it sound like a good plain to you? If it does then I will help ypu in any way that I can." Daedraug waited to see whae Lastamo would say.

Lastamo smiled, her eyes sparkling. "That would be nice," she nodded. "I admit, I can get rather nervous when I'm alone outside the village. And having someone to keep me company would most definately be nice. It can get a bit on the lonely side, here all alone. It's a deal." She grinned at him, then stood up.

"Well," she said, "we should probably get a room fixed up for you. Come, I have spare room in back that should be to your liking." she led him through the house to a small, cozy room with a bed and a dresser. "It's small, I know," she apologized, "but I'm afraid it's all I have to offer."
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2005 07:48
Daedraug looked at Lastamo and said " I is perfect. It will be much more confertable than rocks, and not as dangerous to sleep on as trees are to sleep in. i am very greatful of your hospitality. When I have gotten settaled more I will start doing many things aroud here, but until there I will do what I can to help you. Also if there is ever anything you would like to talk about then I want you to know that my ears are always open and willing to listen to you. So please fell confertable in telling me anything, and know that you can trust me fully." Daedraug waited to see if Lastamo would say anything while at the same time thinking about how beautyful she looked and how amazing her eyes where. He had never felt the sensations and the fellings that he felt when he looked at Lastamo, and he cared more for Lastamo at that very moment then he had for anyone that he had ever met before.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 03:59
Daedraug looked at Lastamo and said " I is perfect. It will be much more confertable than rocks, and not as dangerous to sleep on as trees are to sleep in. i am very greatful of your hospitality. When I have gotten settaled more I will start doing many things aroud here, but until there I will do what I can to help you. Also if there is ever anything you would like to talk about then I want you to know that my ears are always open and willing to listen to you. So please fell confertable in telling me anything, and know that you can trust me fully." Daedraug waited to see if Lastamo would say anything while at the same time thinking about how beautyful she looked and how amazing her eyes where. He had never felt the sensations and the fellings that he felt when he looked at Lastamo, and he cared more for Lastamo at that very moment then he had for anyone that he had ever met before.

Lastamo smiled. "Thank-you," she said softly, "it's good to know I can have a confidant nearby that I can trust." She stared into his eyes, and found herself lost in his deep twin pools. Suddenly a bell dinged in her mind, and she shook herself out of her trance. "Well," she laughed nervously, "I should go...let you settle in." she smiled again, and rushed out of the room, her cheeks blazing. She shut the door behind her and leaned against the wall. Her trembling hands reached up to touch her cheeks. What was happening to her? She had never felt this way before, so why was she now? Sh blinked rapidly and hurried outside to pump some water to boil for some new poultices--she needed something to distract her overwhelmed mind.
LarienLindorenan
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2005 05:02
Almarea looked over Nimaethor and Rowan. She smiled at Nimaethor, probably much to the surprise of the rest of the group. Though he wore the hair style of Mirkwood and the cloths of a green-elf, it was easy for her to tell that he was Telerin. His shining silvery-blond hair gave him away.

"Stolen? Yes, my horse was stolen, my lord Teleri and my lord Adan," she bowed to the group. "Forgive me for my rudeness. I am Almárëa Veryohtariel. May I ask your name of you, lords and ladies?"

They gave her their names. She couldn't hide her slight twich when Glorfindel spoke. After learning some information about their mission, it was decided that she would travel with them. She rarely joined anyone in their quests, but she could feel there was something important about this one.

Almarea heard a soft thud and looked over to see a flask on the ground. The girl, Macilie, as she had been introduced to her, was grey and pale. Almarea stood transfixed upon her as Alcarinque and Nimaethor ran to her side. The maiden was having a vision, she recognized. She stood amazed as the elleth's friends comforted her. It had been a long time since she had seen something of the sort, not since she had left Valinor.

She was brought from her reverie when an arrow whizzed by her head. She ducked instinctly and drew russenyere. Silently and barely noticeably, she went to stand feet away from Macilie, in case she was needed. At that moment, there was nothing she could do. Bows were of the best use to the group.

Nimaethor lifted Macilie and she followed close beside. An arrow stuck in his arm and Almarea felt herself gain a bit more respect for the Teleri. He was willing to help his friends despite his own pain. However, Nimaethor couldn't hold Macilie for long and Alcarinque rushed to their aid. They began running again, Glorfindel, Almarea and Rowan weapons drawn for defense.

Almarea cursed inwardly as Macilie fell with a hurt ankle. Almarea turned around to face the oncoming orcs. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Rowan scoop up Macilie. She sighed in relief then faced the orcs again. Glorfindel stood not far from her for a minute. She was acutely aware of the blond Noldor's presence. Without a word, he grabbed her arm and pulled her through the trees after the rest of the group.

They broke out of the trees with the horses behind them. Glorfindel dropped a stunned Almarea's hand and leapt on to his horse. Swinging the reigns around, he pulled Almarea onto the back of his horse and set off at a gallop, forcing Almarea to wrap her arms around his waist.

After what seemed like an eternity, the horses slowed to a canter. Almarea breathed heavily, trying to get her bearings about her. The slower pace at least allowed her brains to stop bouncing around and she was able to think.

Glorfindel's blond hair was done up in braids but partially unbound and swirling in the wind behind him. She brushed a few strands out of her eyes. Glorfindel turned slightly, his clear eyes watching her. Almarea was slightly nervous, being behind a Noldor. Looking into his grey eyes sent flashbacks of the Kinslaying into her mind. She saw again, as she had in dreams and sometimes in waking hours, the bodies of Telerin laying about the shores of Alqualonde.

She turned her eyes away from his and looked at Nimaethor. She felt a brief pang and her eyes teared. She shook her head. No matter how much time went by, she still felt the sadness she had felt then. Looking down at the horse's white rump didn't help either. Her father's death, the Helcaraxe. She thought she had let that go by now. She looked at Nimaethor again and pushed back her sorrow. When she looked up, she found Glorfindel watching her with sorrow in his eyes.

"You distrust me, perhaps even dislike me, more than anyone else in the group, because of my heritage," he said with remarkable insight. "I know why now you took on a different countenance when I called to you. I had no part in the Kinslaying at Alqualonde. I watched it and I know that you did as well."

Almarea was taken aback by his frank speech. He was keen to know that without her having said much to him. She searched his eyes unable to read whether he told the truth of not. He turned back around but continued to speak to her.

"I am Lord Glorfindel of the Golden Flower, the same that was at the falling of Gondolin. I slew... and was slain... by a Balrog. I...," he paused for a moment and Almarea had to wonder why. There was no stuttering and only barely evident pauses and hesitation. Seeing only his back gave no hint to his feelings or thoughts. Yet, perhaps she didn't need to see, for she could guess.

"There is no need," she replied to him in a surprisingly soft voice. "I find it hard to speak of...what is in my past as well. It pains you; do not speak of it."

Glorfindel turned to her once more. Surprise was evident in his face for only a split second, then it faded, leaving a blank but shining mask behind. Almarea new that mask when for it was one she bore. She looked at Nimaethor for a moment, wondering. Did he wear it as well?

One bore cheer to hide their sorrow from others. They hid their pain, reliving it only themselves. It was no different for mortals and humans alike. The pain dulled after many thousands of years but it never faded because you had those thousand years to run it over and over in your mind, regretting every wrong move made time and time again until that regret and pain was ingrained in you all the time. You carried it at every moment, the burden growing old and dulling but never completely dying, just like the immortality you bore.

Almarea became aware that she was staring at Glorfindel when her thoughts began to calm. She realized that everything she had thought or felt had shown on her face, easy for him to read. She felt her face heat and she lowered her eyes. Glorfindel said nothing but turned around again to face forward. Almarea looked around to see if any one else had heard their conversation or saw her face. No one was looking at her but she felt suddenly bare to the world, none the less.

Trying to ease her discomfort, she spke again to Glorfindel, "Thank you for...saving me, I guess. I owe you a horse ride," she said smoothly. Glorfindel's back twiched a little and she felt a small smile come to her face. "I am sorry I acted so to you. I do not know you and therefore have no right to judge."

"I understand," he said simply without turning around.

"Nevertheless," Almarea continued. "I owe you an apology, my lord. My actions were uncalled for."

Glorfindel flashed her s small smile over his shoulder, "You are forgiven, my lady. Perhaps we shall get to know each other on this journey."

No more was said between the two. Almarea still felt a bit uneasy and wary of him, but not so much. She felt he was telling her the truth but she couldn't be completely sure. For now though, she would have to accept what he had said.

They broke from the trees sometime late in the night. Almarea was jared from her light sleep as Glorfindel dismounted slowly. She looked up at the black expanse rising before her. Moria.

Glorfindel knocked on the door a few times and turned to address the group as Almarea slid from the saddle. He knelt before the door and drew out some parchment and bent to examine it. Almarea took his horses reigns and sat on the ground, taking the time to watch the rest of the group, assessing them. She watched as Alcarinque tended to Macilie and Nimaethor. Inadvertantly, she found herself smiling. Maybe it had been the right choice to join this group. Her heart was filled with hope. They were injured and tired and looked very scruffy but Almarea felt hope.

Almarea was drawn back to the present when Glorfindel found the enterance. She watched Nimaethor and Rowan walk in while Glorfindel held back a little. She tied his horse's reigns to a tree and walked up beside him. They look at each other briefly, he nodded and they followed behind.

OOC: Well her it is. Again, sorry it's so late. Let me know if I have anything to edit.

anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 08:21
Rowan entered the dark hallway cautiously, with a glance back at the others. Glorfindel followed not far behind, and Nimaethor was also beside him. There's nothing to be afraid of - it's just dark. He pulled himself together, and his step became surer as they penetrated the darkness.
Gradually, light began to flicker into existance, and Rowan found himself gazing on the stone walls, and carved pillars of the dwarven realm. However, he couldn't see anyone coming to meet them.
Suddenly a doorway flooded with light, and he heard the tramp of heavy footsteps ringing out on the stone floor.
The man cast a glance at his companions, but found himself grinning. Presently, they found themselves surrounded by the dwarven warriors, who regarded them with an unfriendly glint in their eyes, and a too sure grip upon their axes for the travellers' liking.
Rowan raised his hands, palm outwards, and showed that he would draw no weapon.
"Greetings masters of stone. I beg you to hold no uncalled for hostilities against us. We are simply travellers with a quest, and we ask leave to pass through your mighty realm. With me travel my good friends Nimaethor, and Glorfindel. Outside remain some others of elven kind. I vouch for us all, and swear that none of us will bear no ill will towards any of your kind."
One particularly sturdy looking dwarf stepped forwards, and Rowan found himself bargaining for the right to pass through the halls of Moria.

(( Sorry, I can't remember the name of the dwarf who is supposed to have been lord of Moria.. and I hope this post is ok! All the other travellers are elves, aren't they? ))
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 09:56
As the dwarves surrounded them their misgivings against the travelers, especially the Elven ones were only too obvious. Nimaethor who had stood a little back in order to let Rowan handle the situation was cautious not to make any move that might be considered hostile by the Dwarves and remained very still.
He could still remember times when Dwarves and Elves had worked together. Many centuries ago, before the fall of Doriath. He could still remember the magnificent halls of Menegroth and the might of king Thingol and the beauty of Lúthien. But he had left the kingdom some time before it's ruin. Terrible deeds the Dwarves had done then yet he knew that one of the Silmarils had fallen into the hands if the king long before. And he was aware of what power those precious stones could have over their owner.
His thoughts returned to the present and he saw Rowan bargain with one of the Dwarves. Finally he turned with a smile and nodded. The Dwarves around them stopped pointing their weapons at them and a small passage was was opened to their back.
Nimaethor stepped out into the night. "The passage will not be denied. Come." And soon the whole group entered again into the Mountain realm and were led by some Dwarves bearing torches into the dark.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 06:52
Macilie let out a barely audible sigh. She hated caves and she highly disliked dwarves. Her ankle still hurt, but she had wrapped it tightly and had previously soaked the bandage in healing herbs. It did feel better and so did she. She followed after Alcarinque, watching the dwarves with a carefully trained eye.

'One wrong move...' she thought to herself. She glanced at Rowan momentarily, feeling a tiny hint of fear. She didn't blame him, she was feeling clausterphobic at the moment, but that had come from years past in a few certain predicaments. Pushing her fears aside, she continued following Alcar, staying close and watching the dwarves ahead.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2005 09:14
Slowly it seemed they were traveling through the darkness. But Nimaethor knew it was not so. He had lived in the underground dwellings of different Elven kings thoughout his life and knew that the never canging dim light was misleading. Also the halls of this realm were huge, and he could not say that they were cold and uncomfortable. Because as they penetrated the realm of Moria further lights woud shine out of various corners or shine down from great chandeliers to illuminate the vast halls and reveal the masterfully carved pillars and walls. The designs were not as intricate as they could be found in Elven realms and they did not do much to remind the onlooker of plants and folwers, of wind and sunshine, but nevertheless they were not without appeal.
Soon they were led to a smaller chamber to the side of the landing of the enormous staicase they were climbing. There they stayed the remainder of the night before the group of Dwarves that were leading them through the tunnels of Moria (and always well around the treasuries Nimaethor expected), led them on after only a brief breakfast.
One more night they stayed in the company of the Dwarves. One of them kept watch during the nights and they did not speak more then needed with the travellers. After another short rest and sparse breakfast they set out again on another day's journey.
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2005 03:44
Alcarinque could feel Nimaethor's gaze on her as she bandaged up his arm. She looked up, meeting his eyes as he thanked her with a smile. She gazed at him and nodded mutely. Though they had barely met, and in hurried circumstances, there was something she liked very much in his honest, yet kind eyes. He turned away from her as the doors to Moria opened and Glorfindel turned to face them.

The dwarves were not hostile, but neither were they kind. Alcarinque was relieved when they emerged on the other side of the mountains a few days later. Despite neccesity, she preferred being outdoors than holed up, many fathoms below dirt and stone.

((It's short, I know...but my time is running out...))
alcarinque
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 06:42
Gee I must be a curse or something...
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2005 05:27
(OoC: Aww. No you aren't. It's summer! Nobody is supposed to be on the comp! lol)

Lastamo knelt in the dirt next to her home. She had planted a small herb garden against the wall several years ago, and it had finally grown into it's full beauty and potential. She would not deny that it had made her rather proud of her self, and had boosted her self esteem considerably.

Something strange was happening...she already knew that the strange appearance of her new guardian and house-mate was strange enough on it's own. But there was something else brewing. She had no idea what it might be, but for some reason, she knew that her life was going to be changed soon, although for better or for worse, she knew not.
Bethelarien_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 10:37
Jamir rode on. Northwards, ever northwards. He was sure by now that he was being followed. How could he not, when he had stolen something of such value, and then this horse? It was unavoidable.

On he rode. The air grew chill, even after his descent from the mountains. The sky grew grey, a perfect ceiling of silver clouds. The sun refused to shine through. Jamir didn't mind. All the better to hide, though he did not like the cold much. His home was much warmer, and he was eager to return home.

On he rode. The leagues blurred together and passed. After a few days of hard riding, the distant forest came into view. Mirkwood. He grimaced. Greenwood the Great, the arrogant Elves had renamed it. But dark things still dwelt there.

On he rode. He slept just outside the forest, wanting to spend as little time in the forest in the dark. When the sun had barely begun to rise over the distant horizon, Jamir woke. He knew the horse he'd stolen would likely not enter the forest gladly, yet he had to try.

And try he did. The horse resisted a bit at the edge of the forest, but it did as he bid. Jamir smiled grimly. This would speed his journey even more. He would have to be careful, though. No doubt the Wood-elves would not be happy to discover him trekking through their forest. He stayed on the path and was careful not to disturb anything, determined not to sleep while in the forest.

On he rode.
Bethelarien_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 03:29
Now I'm the curse. Come on, guys.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 08, 2005 02:58
Rowan let out a sigh of relief when they emerged into the open once more. He ran his hands through his hair and grinned up at the sun. "Sunlight and fresh air! I never knew how much I would miss them.." His smiling eyes turned towards his companions, who all looked just as glad as he did to be released from the darkness of Moria. His gaze came to rest on Macilie. "Is your ankle alright? We can stop for a rest here, if you like..."

((...*chants*: live, live, live, live, live.... ))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email