Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: Time Warp in Wales
on: April 05, 2005 04:28
Ceindra slowed her horse down, and dismounted. " Sorry I kept you here." She said. " But I told you that you didn't need to wait."
Cir rolled his eyes. " We knew you were going to be a while, so we decided to have something to eat." He said. " You're always late for everything."
Ceindra scowled at him with mock insult. " It's not my fault! I have a lot of clothes to choose from." She twirled around. " What do you think?" She asked as the fabric of her dress swirled around her body. She was where she liked to be; in the centre of attention.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 06:54
Val rolled his eyes again. "Ciendra, we are going on a long journey. For Valar's sake, by the time we reach Rivendell I'll wager that your dress will be completely ruined."

Although his face was serious and tone annoyed, the slightest bit of mischief lit up his blue eyes. He loved to drive Ciendra insane; but she looked so much prettier with her cheeks flushed in anger. At the thought, Val almost let a lopsided grin escpae, but caught it just in time.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 10:59
Ceindra scowled. " Just because you look like a ruffian doesn't mean I have too." She said. She almost let a smile escape as she saw the mischievous glint in Val's eyes. " Besides, the Elves in Imladris are probably better than you lot." She winked at Erkenwine. " Except maybe you. But you're not an elf from here, so it doesn't matter."
She saw Val and Cir's smiles to frowns as they heard her comment. " Hey, what's the matter with us?" Cirycano demanded.
" Oh nothing..." Ceindra smiled, and sat down at the table. " Oh food, I'm starving!"
She began eating hungrily, but making sure that she didn't look as if she was stuffing her face. " So, what are we going to do when we get to Rivendell? All I'ce heard is that Cir wants to take part in some boring important council and Gelmir wants to read some equally boring and important parchments. What am I supposed to do there? And Val and Erkenwine and Curulindel?"
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 07:01
OOC: Hope no one had anything else they wanted to do in Mithlond....we needed to get this show on the road.

IC: "Enough! Enough of this chatter. I have been asked by Lord Elrond to attend a council of all free peoples of Middle Earth to decide what we are to do about the rising evil in the East. This is not a time to concern ourselves with the latest in fashion or how bored we might be after we arrive in Imladris. What ails you, Ceindra? Val?" he reproached them for their light hearted behavior, his expression stern. A small smile lightened his face and his voice softened as he reached out and touched Ceindra's shoulder. "I must agree, however, that you do look lovely. Like Val, however, I must also agree that you will most likely not look the same after a many day journey across country. I do hope you will not be sorry you have joined us at the end." Standing abruptly, he looked over the companions at the table. "We leave....now."

He called for his mother, who hurried from another room. His arms wrapped around her slender shoulders as he kissed her forehead. "I will miss you, mother. Do give father my regards when he returns from the sea. I will make him proud, I promise that." His mother held him closely for a long moment then, gazing up into his eyes, said, "Your father is already most proud of his son. Take care, my child." Releasing him, she prodded him towards the door. "I have added many of my healing herbs to your provisions, Cir. Hopefully you will need them little. Nai aistalë Valar hilya le. "

Ciryacáno led his companions from the house in which he had grown up and they mounted their horses. Cir looked off in the direction of Gelmir's house, wondering if the old loremaster would eventually join them as they traveled eastward. He knew how much the Eldar had wished to visit the libraries of Elrond, as he had been searching for information about one of the Istari who had somehow disappeared from the knowledge and sight of the other Istars and the elves. He could not now wait for Gelmir, however. Cir sighed and shook his head. His heel nudged his horse and he turned to the east, riding as capably on the back of his horse as he rode the waves between here and Valinor. "Finally, we are off."
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 07:37
Ceindra was still scowling from Cir's sharp tongue, but it eventually lessened and a smile replaced it. She nudged her horse's side and he moved forwards to join Ciryacano's. She looked straight forward at the road, but her expression was softened. " Cir, you know I was only joking before right? I do care about this thing that we're going to do in Rivendell. And even if I was going to be extremely bored, I would still come with you." She said, her voice quiet enough so that the others couldn't hear. " I'm sorry if my light-heartiness annoyed you. It seems all I can ever do is worry about superficial things. Everyone here thinks I don't have a braincell in my head, I know they do. And they're probably right. None of you take me seriously, so I just play up to it. You're lucky, people think of you as being clever and brave." Her smile had disappeared now. Her eyes were glued to the path ahead, and she wouldn't look at Ciryacano. " They respect you."
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 10:58
Erkenwine had nodded when Ciryácano picked up what he said about the ring. Erkenwine's ears were not as sensitive as the ears of an elves and not so far reaching, but he had other ways to gain informations. And he had heard the mentionings of the ring and its appearance. Ciryácano was urging them on to leave. Erkenwine did not have anything to pack. He always travelled light. So did Curulindel, there was but a leather satchel strapped across his chest full with Lembas and a flask of elderberry flavoured water. Curulindel picked up his bow and strapped his quiver back onto his back. he was ready to go.

it didn't take long and the whole party made their way back to Mithlond where all the elves that lived there gathered those things, they needed for the travelling. Curulindel had come by horse, not so Erkenwine, who was a good rider but often found, that a Ranger wandered the woods more quietly when on his own two feet and concealing himself was much easier as well. He noticed the flashing smiles the pretty elven maiden Ceindra shot his way and which he returned all the same. He had always had a special liking for elves. Which was the reason he had made such close friends with Curulindel and most of the elves of Rivendell.

Curulindel stood outside Ciryacános house when they were ready to go. "I have not much, but my horse. I am ready when you are." he said to the other elf. "But Erkenwine has no horse. he can ride with me, unless you see a possibility to give him one." (can I pretend your household had a horse for Erkenwine?) Curulindel mounted Glórmalen and got ready to leave Mithlond. They all started off by riding East towards the shire and the east-west road.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 07:13
Thus the companions began their journey to Imladris. Curulindel had mentioned that Erkenwine had arrived on foot and had asked if there was possibly a horse available for him. Ciryacáno immediately returned to his father's lands behind his home, where there was a stable containing many horses, unusual for a sea-going captain but there for the family's journeys inland. He found a lovely roan that had belonged to an uncle who had returned to Tol Eressëa some time ago and was not expected to return for a long while. He handed over the reins to Erkenwine, assuring him that the horse was his as long as he needed one.

When they were all mounted, they headed eastward towards the Shire. Ceindra rode up to Ciryacáno's side and spoke quietly to him, apologizing for her silliness before they left. Ciryacáno's reached over and laid his hand on her's, which was on the pommel of her saddle. "Ceindra, you are still very young, barely out of your childhood. However, you are not without intelligence or ability. You have not yet found your purpose but I think this trip will be good for you. You may be braver and show more sense than you have ever shown before, depending on what perils we encounter. I would not have allowed you to travel with us had I not believed this." He glanced at the lovely young elf maiden and smiled. "You will enjoy Imladris, Ceindra, as it is a place full of song, poetry, art and dance. You will find none of the rough sailors we have in the Havens." He could tell by the light in her eyes that the thought pleased her and he was glad he had brought her with him. She had never left the Grey Havens to travel inland before and he knew she could barely contain her excitement.

Dropping back a little, he was side by side with Erkenwine and Curulindel. He asked how the horse was serving his rider, Erkenwine. And then he began to speak with both of them about the situation that was growing in the East. "How great do you feel this evil has come, Curulindel? If the one ring has been found, who has it now? Is it safe for the minions of Mordor?" A slight shiver ran down his spine, even though the late autumn breezes were warm and the sun was shining brightly. "I have felt forebodings, ominous thoughts have filled my head of late. I can only hope we reach Imladris in time to aid Lord Elrond, who I am certain if facing these very questions himself."

As the late afternoon fell upon them, with the sun dropping into the west, the entered the borders of the Shire.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 09:08
Ceindra's eyes lit up when she saw the Shire. It was as far as she had ever travelled inland, and she adored the small Halflings. In her opinion, they were adorable.
They passed through the trees in the twilight, lit by a light that came from within them. Hobbits that happened to spot them where caught aghast by their unearthliness. Although, Ceindra noticed, some were confused as to why they were travelling East and not West. All other elves seemed to be passing away, but not them.
She shook the thought of how strange they must look to the Shire-folk from her head, and bent her thoughts instead on the male elves that would be in Rivendell. She knew that Cir was right. They would be gentlemen, not rough sailors from the Coast. She smiled to herself, but turned back to look at Val. Not all rough elves were bad, she thought to herself with a slight smile. But she shook her head. What was she thinking? Val was the one who teased her and, probably the one who thought that she didn't have a braincell in her head most.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 07:43
(OOC: warning, short post as I am pressed for time. *sigh*)

Val had enjoyed the journey so far; he was rather adventerous in spriit, although it would have been hard for those not close to him to be aware of it. And he had to admit that Ciendra had held up admirably. He was impressed; but he probably wouldn't show it just yet. If she made it to Rivendell, perhaps he would say something.

They had passed near the Shire; Val was horribly tempted to play some sort of tricks on the unsuspecting halflings; nothing cruel, but he was a little bored so far. But he knew how serious Cir was about this mission and decided not to do so.

Val stayed close to his friend wishing he could think of a way to crack a smile on Cir's face, but nothing came to mind. The blonde elf sighed to himself a little and absently wished for something to read.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 09:43
Ceindra was bored by then too. Riding at a walk through a bunch of trees wasn't exactly interesting, and she began to look around for something else to do that would keep her amused for a while. She then spotted Val looking as bored as she was, probably wishing for a book knowing him. She whistled almost silently, and a small hawk landed on her shoulder. She whispered to it, and it took off again. All was quiet for a few seconds, but it wouldn't last. All of a sudden, the hawk dived down onto Val, and began to flutter in his face. Val almost jumped a mile, and lost his grip on the horse. He fell to the ground, unfortunately landing in a puddle of mud. It had worked out better than Ceindra had hoped. She snorted, and began to laugh uncontrollably. Tears were streaming down her face, blurring her vision, so she didn't see Val getting back on his horse. " Right then Ceindra, I warned you." He said.
Ceindra turned her horse around, and galloped off further along the road, with Val hot on her heels. She could almost see Cir rolling his eyes at them as he watched them play.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 06:48
Erkenwine was very satified with the bay roan he had been given by Ciryacáno. The elf grew in his esteem, though he hadn't really met too many bad elves in his entire life. The horse was spirited but nothing he couldn't handle. In fact he was rather glad for it, it was just what his nature needed. He rode along near Ciryacáno and his friend Curulindel. Ciryacáno was just asking his elven friend about he ring. Erkenwine listened closely even though his eyes happend to fall on Ciendra as well, who was indeed a fair elven maiden.

Curulindel's expression was serious, he nodded when Ciryacáno spoke to him."I feel the evil growing, Ciryacáno, its growing stronger. I do not know where the Ring is, I also heard only rumours in Imladris, of its appearance. We all, just have these rumours that support what he have felt for a long time. Nothing good will come of this. It has been foretold. Lord Elrond knows more than he is willing to let us know. I can see it in his worried face." Curulindel looked from Ciryacáno straight ahead at the approaching borders of the Shire.

At this time Erkenwine joined the talk. "What I heard is more than just a rumour. The Ring has truely been seen in Mirkwood." he said raising a brow and looking Ciryacáno in the eyes. "At least someone has seen a rotten creature claiming a ring that was lost. He was captured in Mirkwood, if I have been given the right information. But things are worse than the appearance of the ring. There's Orcs appearing all over the place. I wonder, if I have really seen so many in one heap before, and in places they never wandered till now." he shook his head. "no, its not a good sign." he looked around the area, obviously wondering if Orcs and Goblins were near. But the last he had spotted had been near Orthanc, which was not too close to Rivendell. But who could tell where they were moving towards.

When Ciryacáno asked about the horse he was given he bowed his head low to the elf. "I am forever grateful to you, Hír nín its a wonderful animal and seems to fit my own personality perfectly." he smiled broadly, there was a twinkle of mischief in his eyes. As they road on, Ciendra caught his eyes again. He watched her play a trick on Val. He had never seen elves so playful, not unlike the humans he knew. But he knew many elves that would sing all day long and never shut their mouths for an ongoing sweetness of music and melody. He was looking forward to staying in Imladris a while. His last scoutings had taken him away from there for many weeks.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 07:15
Ceindra arrived back to the others before Val did, and reigned her horse in close to Erkenwine's so that he couldn't hurt her. She looked up at him, and began a conversation to trick Val. " You're a ranger, aren't you? What's that like? Do you spend a lot of time around Elves? Is there a Mrs Erkenwine?" She laughed, glancing to see if Val was there yet. She hoped that her many questions would keep Erkenwine talking for a few minutes. She smiled at him, noticing how his hair matched the colour of his eyes.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 05:50
As Ciryacáno rode alongside Curulindel and Erkenwine, he noticed Ceindra riding ahead. He wondered what mischief she was up to now. A hawk flew down from the skies above and hovered near Ceindra's side for a moment and then flew away. However, he did not fly far but swooped down behind Ciryacáno and into Val's face, where it fluttered it's wings until Val lost his balance and fell from the horse into a puddle. The riders stopped and Cir turned to help Val, who obviously needed none. He rose from the mud, wiping splatters from his face and glared after Ceindra. Mounting his horse, he took off at a full gallop chasing after the young elf-maiden. Ceindra swirled and rode back quickly to Erkenwine's side, where she innocently began to ask him one question after another. Ciryacáno shook his head and his eye looked up towards the heavens, by this time sparkling with the stars of early evening. He wondered if perhaps he had spoken too soon earlier, when he had assured her that she would find her purpose before this journey was completed. He had not considered 'purpose' to mean playing like a child. Still, it had been rather funny to watch Val plopping down in the mud puddle. For the first time since he had received the request from Elrond to appear in Imladris as soon as possible, Ciryacáno burst out laughing. He laughed even harder as Val rode back to join the group, still wiping mud from his face and shoulders. "Val, I do believe there is a stream just over there. Mayhaps you could make good use of some clean water, my friend." he choked out.

When he stopped laughing (which took quite some time), he asked Erkenwine where they should stop for the night? Or, should they simply keep riding until they reached the town of Bree? How many hours would it take to reach there? It had been many many hundreds of years since he had ridden inland from the coast and Bree had not even existed then. "In fact, Erkenwine, Curulindel, how long will it take us to reach Imladris? Are we likely to encounter any perils along the East-West Road? It was always well traveled in the past yet I have seen few travelers in either direction since we left the Grey Havens." While waiting for their answers, it occurred to him that regardless of how far Bree was, they had already been traveling since midday. "Perhaps we should stop here where there is clear water from the stream and take time to have some of the food mother has prepared for us. I don't know about you, but I am famished."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 11:07
Val hit the ground hard and rather ungracefully for an elf, but was on his horse an instant later. Cerebil tossed his head and snorted as Val headed after Ciendra. It seems the horse sensed his master's mood.

Ciendra laughed musically and in spite of his scowl, Val enjoyed it; they had all been too serious as of late. He checked Cerebil so that Ciendra was able to stay just out of his grip and the two of them wheeled around to re-join the others.

Ciendra immediately accosted Erkenwine and began asking him questions, her lovely eyes wide with innocence. Val snorted a little as he came up along side Cir. The more serious elf's mouth was twisting and then he burst into full laughter.

Val gave a slight, but weak glare. inwardly, he was pleased to see Cir relax; he had worried Val lately, even though Val knew that Cir was inclined to be almost intense about things he found important.

"Val, I do believe there is a stream just over there." Cir said, his voice still thick with laughter. "Mayhaps you could make good use of some clean water my friend."

"Oh I don't know." Val grinned widely. "This color of brown suits me, does it not?"

Cir laughed even harder. Controlling himself with difficulty, he turned to Erkenwine, managing to save him from Ciendra's incessant questions. Val sent another glare in Ciendra's direction and she merely rolled her eyes. Val inwardly sighed; so she knew he wasn't being serious. Very troublesome.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 06:44
Gelmir had totally forgotten the time and place over one of his most interesting parchments. He had been heading home and had once more gone through his scrolls to decide which ones he should take with him to Rivendell, or rather which ones to leave behind. Had it been possible, he would have taken them all. He sighed and shook his head. Looking out of the window he saw how the light had changed. To the strong diffuse light of noon a warm touch had mingled, indicating early afternoon. With one fast movement Gelmir was on his feet. He had been expected to meet the other's a while ago! How could he have forgotten.
Grabbing the pile of scrolls that was to come along for his research and stuffed them into his pack. They were sticking out at a multitude of angles, but he did not care as he strapped the pack to his back, over his traveling cloak.
He was already out of the door when he suddenly turned back again. In the hurry he would have nearly forgotten his weapons. He had not used them in ages, but surely it would not be wise to travel without them. His sword and bow he strapped to his horse's back and then mounted.
As he had expected the group had already left. He knew he should have gone on to follow them soonest but for a moment still his heart held him back. He turned his steed and rode up the hill of the haven where the noble Elves lived. And so he saw her again. The Lady Mithrellas in all her beauty. Long ago had he given his heart to her. Her long hair waived in the soft sea breeze and with it her bell like laughter was carried to him before she disappeared in one of the houses. For a short moment he sat still on his horse, then turned once more to catch up with his companions.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 06:40
((OOC: AHA! ~len, an unrequited love. I like it))

Ciryacáno had dismounted near the stream as Val humorously asked, "this color of brown suits me, does it not?" Cir looked him over from head to foot and finally smiled, responding, "Oh indeed it does. I particularly like your hair that color...a mud brown." He began to laugh again, feeling for the first time since Elrond's invitation had arrived a lightness of spirit. The foreboding feelings he had experienced the past few days had lifted though they still hovered in the background of his mind.

"My friends, let us stop here for a while. My stomach is grumbling and Val needs to bathe himself." He glanced at Ceindra, who was still astride her horse, eyes wide and a look of complete innocence on her face. He shook his finger at her, preparing to scold her, and then burst into laughter again. "Ceindra, you are incorrigible. I do hope you will not try these little tricks on the royal elves of Imladris. I fear they will not be as forgiving as Val is. Now, dismount and help me with lay out the food. We must do this ourselves; there are no servants here in the wild."

He untied the leather straps that held the pack containing the food his mother had packed and laid it on the ground, then went in search of some twigs and branches for a campfire, leaving Ceindra to open it and decide what they would need for a small meal. Neither Erkenwine nor Curulindel had yet answered him as to how far they were from Bree and his stomach couldn't wait another minute.

The fire was glowing, a stew was bubbling in a pot over the embers, and the company was nibbling on bread and cheese. The stars were full out and lit up the sky, the night was quiet and a soft breeze blew from the west. Ciryacáno stopped, his hand having lifted a bite of cheese halfway to his mouth. On the wings of that very breeze he could swear he had heard the hoofbeats of a horse traveling in their direction. Who could be traveling this late at night, he wondered? A thought crossed his mind...could it be Gelmir? How wonderful it would be if the old loremaster had finally caught up with them.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 12:21
Gelmir had been riding for hours without break. He did his best to ignore his hunger and instead kept his gaze to the ground in order not to miss any signs the others could have left on the path. In the dark of night this task proved ever more difficult, but still he rode on.
Passing through a small patch of forest Gelmir slowed his horse down a bit. The foilage blocked out much of the light of the moon and stars. He was sure that the group would have found a place to spend the night already, but finding that place might prove the most difficult part of his attempt to catch up with them. After he had advanced further into the wood he suddenly heared sounds from the side of the path, but as soon as they had come the wind had changed again and carried the sounds into another direction. Returning his attention to the ground, he realised that the trails he had followed had changed. There were only signs of two horses anymore that had passed in great speed.
Puzzled he turned back and saw the flickering of light between the trees, in the direction were there had to be the river he had heared earlier. Dismounting he led his horse a few steps into the trees, took his sword from it's back and quietly went towards the source of the light. As he came closer he could make out voices, and now knowing those were neither Orcs nor any other fouls creatures he lowered his sword and approached.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 05:39
Erkenwine grinned at the flirting young elven maiden and indeed he himself was not beyond flirting back in fact, he was rather a master of this trait himself. His boyish face turned to her with a charming smile. "A Ranger's life is adventurous, my fair lady. I travel around a lot, see the most incredible and hardest to reach places all over Middle Earth. I see and hear things, that should not be always known to me, and yet I'm not seen myself. I talk and trade with all the Middle Earth cultures and if I may say, I meet many a beautiful lady to enter into conversation, such as yourself. It is not only elven folk I meet, by the place I call my second home is indeed Imladris." he smiled at her, his forest-green eyes trying to dazzle her. "There is, for the matter of traveling much, no Lady Erkenwine, if that is what you meant." He smiled at her rather enjoying the easy conversation.

Erkenwine then had to pay attention to Ciryacáno when he was asked a question by the leading elf. "Bree would indeed be the safest place to stop, but if you want to take a break there at the river Baranduin, we might reach Bree very late at night. We're near the Old Forest, which is...I believe free of troubling folk, but I don't suggest to enter for fear of losing valued time on the maze of trees who make a game off it to lead us around in circles. Its enchanted, you may know." Curulindel who had been riding quiet turned to Erkenwine and nodded. "This is true, the Old forest is beautiful, but it does plays tricks to folks not of elven kind. We can speak to the trees. So if you like Ciryacáno we can go and stood in the Forest. you were not thinking of staying the night there?" he wasn't sure if Ciryacáno was just wanting to rest or settle for the day. "Tom Bombadil might show us hospitality..." Curulindel added. "We should try and stay off the Road, we are easy seen on there while Orcs and Goblins hide in the trees , bushes and marshes. What do you say to this, my lord?" Erkenwine glanced at Ciryacáno to await his reply but the elf was just then stopping his horse and getting off it.

The whole party now stopped and Curulindel spotted the Bridge across the Brandywine nearby. The group settled and set up a pot over a fire. Erkenwine and Curulindel sat down and emptied their bags with some food. Erkenwine had dried meat he was knawing on now and a flat longish loaf of some kind of bread. "If anyone wants to try of this? It is real North Ithilien style of bread, made of flour of corn and wheat. Delicious." Curulindel nodded and broke of a piece handing it on. He glanced at Ciryacáno while they all sat around the fire eating. "Ciryacáno, it will be another 3 hours ride to Bree. If we rest here too long, we will be caught by dusk, and from Erkenwine's sightings I feel....not save." Curulindel felt the faint danger in the air. Then his ears picked up the sound of hooves of an approaching rider. Only when the rider seemed very close did Erkenwine look up. "who's this...?"
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 07:29
Ciryacáno had listened to both Erkenwine and Curulindel and they had made their little fire slightly off the road in a clearing at the base of a curving cliff. With the road before them and the high walls of the cliff surrounding them, he felt they were as protected in the open as they could be. The stream beside them fell from a waterfall from the cliff and ran down into the Brandywine River. Knowing the East-West Road would eventually pass the town of Bree and was normally a well-traveled one, he had few fears, even though the approaching horse belonged to an unknown rider. He knew Orcs did not ride on horseback. But in his mind, he was somehow certain that the rider was Gelmir.

"I do not wish to remain here for the night but I felt the need to stop. I blamed my growling stomach but in truth, it was to give Gelmir the chance to catch up with us...which, my friends, I believe is about to happen." Smiling, he called out, "Gelmir! Do stop hiding in the bushes. Join us. There is stew in the pot awaiting you."

The group watched as the loremaster, holding his sword hesitantly, stepped from the brush and into the glow of the firelight. Cir grinned from ear to ear. "I knew you would make it, my dear friend. Come, sit, eat something. We will travel on to Bree when you have had a moment to rest."
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 11:32
Very happy indeed that he had found his friends much sooner then expected he greeted them all. "I'm sorry to have missed you, my friends... As so often my scrolls kept hold of me longer then they should have." He apologiesed with a weak smile. Taking his pack stuffed with all the parchments and scrolls off his back he placed it against a tree trunk and disappeared again to join the group once more a few moments later leading his horse to those of the others.
He then settled on the forest floor beside Curulindel. Eating hungrily for a while he did not speak much. Only after he had filled his ever hungry stomach and sipped some water from his bottle, he looked up at the others. "I expected to meet you in Bree. But I'm pleased to have found you so soon. Traveling alone can become quite dull." Looking around at the group he added: "I have rested well, so maybe we should resume our traveling, so that we can spend the night in the safety of Bree- and in warm beds." He said the last words with a smile. He always prefered the comforts of an Inn to staying out in the wild, and he was sure he was not the only person among them to feel that way.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 09:32
Ceindra sat beside Erkenwine, listening to all that was being said, but not touching the food. " If anyone wanted my opinion, which I note they don't, I'd say we were wasting time sitting around talking. We know the way, so let's go!" She stood up, and walked to her horse. He snorted slightly when he saw her, and she stoked his neck. " I think my friend agrees that we should move on. There is something strange about this place." As she said it, she thought about the place they were heading for, and she honestly couldn't think if it would be better than the wild. She had heard many tales of Bree, and quite frankly, dirty, smelly old men weren't her first choice of companions. For once, it might be good to have Ciryacano and Val's protection.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 06:02
((OOC: Just to move this along.....))

The group was now together and Ciryacáno was himself indeed anxious to continue to Bree. Every step they took brought them closer to Imladris where he wanted to be. He began to gather his belongings, put out the fire, clean up their brief campsite. His companions did the same and before long, they were ready to move along.

He smiled at his friends, saying, "Now that we are all together, I believe it is time to continue to Bree. Erkenwine, Curulindel..you know the road far better than we do. Would you both lead the way for us, please."

They all mounted their horses and headed off into the now fully dark night, following the road east towards the town of Bree.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 10:56
Erkenwine had gotten up when Ciryacáno moved to the spot where the intruder was moving towards. He could hear his footsteps. Curulindel stayed seated but his ears were pricked and he was utterly attentive. Luckily it was soon clear, that the rider was Gelmir, the elf that had stayed behind when they started off on the journey. Curulindel collected his things and got up as well to get ready for leaving. The brief stop had been a good idea after all, they had been able to eat, drink a sip and talk amongst each other. But now they needed to go to Bree before it got dark. Curulindel wasn't keen on any fighting done in the dark and as far as he knew Orcs and their kind usually travelled and really came alive at night.

Erkenwine nodded a greeting to Gelmir then got his things together and mounted his horse. Curulindel glanced at Ciryacáno. "If you want, Ciryacáno, I will indeed ride ahead of you to Bree. It won't take too long now. Erkenwine...lets go, and keep your eyes open." Curulindel swung up onto his horses back and with a little squeeze of his thighs he speeded it up. Curulindel sat very erect on his horses back and the way he moved along with the movements of his horse, one would think he was nothing but an illusion, so feather-light he seemed. Erkenwine sat in his saddle much more manly, after all, that was exactly what he was. He galopped ahead with Curulindel, but once in a while turned to look at Ceindra and wink at her with a sweet smile. Still, his eyes and attention never failed to scout the area around as they moved on across the bridge towards Bree.

After two hours of riding, Curulindel could see the smoke of houses in the very distant. "There, Ciryacáno, I think we are nearly there. The smoke of Bree." he pointed into the direction. Erkenwine narrowed his eyes trying to discover a sign of smoke, but he couldn't. The range of sight of a man just wasn't up to compete with that of an elf. "if you say so, Curulindel." he said grinning.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 02:25
Val noted the village and cocked his head curiously; never had he visited the village of men before and his first impression was rather unfavorable. It seemed rather dirty and crowded; the elf kept a blank face, but he suddenly felt jitterly and on edge. It had nothing to do with their mission; he just was not used to being in an entirely new place surrounded by those who were not of his race.

He glanced behind him and saw Ciendra; she looked vaguely apprehensive and also more than a little disgusted. He grinned slightly in a teasing manner, pleased when she narrowed her eyes and then tossed her pretty hair indignantly.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 12:04
Gelmir also saw the village with it's dark houses silghtly leaning in over the streets. He sighed slightly. He had never visited Bree before but had been in the company of men before for some periods in his life. He knew how their designs differed form those of his race, being less graceful and slender and not so intricate. Indeed the small town looked rather dirty with it's roads still muddy from the last rains, but looking beyond this, the warm fire lights flickering behind the windows looked friendly and even somewhat welcoming.
For some more time they had continued until they had reached the heavy wooden gate that at tis time of night was already shut. Gelmir dismounted and banged his fist with surprising strength against the gate. Soon an unfriendly looking face appeared....
The man looked surprised. Such a group- mainly Elves accompanied by a travelworn man- was not often to be seen in the area, let alone ask entrance to the town. "What do you want?"
"We are traveling east and wish to spend the night in the town's Inn."
For another moment the man looked at them, then the gate opened to street beyond.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 08:37
Ciryacáno lifted an eyebrow as he saw Gelmir jump off his horse before any of the others and bang on the gate so forcefully. It was unprecedented to see Gelmir in such an assertive role. He glanced at the rest of the group, a grin broad on his face, inviting them to join in his amusement. Val and Ceindra, who knew Gelmir well, had looks of surprise on their faces, while Curulindel and Erkenwine both smiled broadly with Cir. When the gate opened, the group rode up the muddy road towards the Inn of the Prancing Pony, the inn that Erkenwine had recommended during their long ride along the East-West Road toward Bree.

As they entered the inn, all eyes turned towards them and there was a moment of total silence as the customers took in the sight of five elegant elves and the ranger accompanying them as they walked towards an invitingly empty round table in the corner large enough to seat them all. The moment ended and all went back to drinking and laughing, though many continued to glance from the corner of their eyes at this unusual sight. The proprietor weaved his way through the crowd to the side of the table, saying, "My dear friends, what can I do for you this eve? We have a lovely roast with potatoes and carrots ready for the eating and we have ... uh ... lovely rooms to accomodate you for the night." Looking at the fair beautiful Ceindra and her equally handsome companions, he had a moment of doubt as to just how lovely his rooms might seem to them. "Now, how about a pint...or," he hurriedly changed his mind...a pint hardly seemed the drink of choice for these customers, "perhaps some mead or wine." He stood waiting for their answer, his nervousness evident as he shifted from one foot to the other.

Cir realized how unusual their appearance must seem to the innkeeper at this homely inn normally patronized by scruffily dressed men and the halflings of Bree. He smiled kindly and suggested that he himself would like to try the mead, saying that it had been some time since he had tasted the honey brewed drink for which Bree was noted. He also asked if the innkeeper could bring them a large serving plate of his roast and several plates and silverware for the group. Perhaps some cheese, fruit and bread also would be appreciated, he added. He sat back and waited while the others ordered their drink of choice and watched as the innkeeper scurried off to meet their needs.

"Well, meldonyar, we have made it to our first stop on the road to Imladris..and in one piece, I might add. However, from here to Lord Elrond's, I fear the journey may not be as uneventful, if what Erkenwine has told us is to be expected." Looking at Ceindra, whose lip was curled with distaste as she surveyed her surroundings, he added, "And you, my lovely lady, may have your first taste of camping in the open and battling Orcs in the next many days. Look not at this place with disdain as it may be the best you will see until we reach Imladris itself." He grinned at her dour expression and glanced at Val, who was also smiling at his friend.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 11:00
Val's grin broadened as Cir addressed Ciendra. The elf felt for the maid somewhat, but it was her fault. She had insisted on coming.

Val straightened as their food and drink were brought. The smell of the roasted meat and warm bread met his nose and Val straightened appreciatively. He was hungrier than he realized. For a few moments, everyone focused on settling themselves and their food. Val looked at the others, most specifically Gelmir and Erkenwine, and asked "How long will it take us to get to Rivendell from here do you think?"
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2005 10:58
Ceindra took a look around her surroundings. They weren't the best she had ever seen. But she decided to make the most of it. She had heard a lot about the Rangers of the North, and as she looked around, she thought she saw one in a corner. " It wouldn't hurt to try." She said to herself, and when she was sure that Val and Cir's attention was turned awy from her, she slipped away towards him. Grabbing a glass of wine and trying to blend in, she came to a stop at his table, and put the glass on it. " May I join you?" She asked curtiosuly. The man looked up, and coughed on his pipe-smoke. He nodded, and motioned for her to sit down.
It was obvious to Ceindra that he was used to being around elves, and soon they were laughing and chatting carelessly. Ceindra turned her head, and noticed Erkenwine. She pointed towards him. " Do you know him? He's a ranger." The ranger nodded once again, and Ceindra called to him.
" Erkenwin!" She said. " Come and join us." Erkenwine had a mug of beer in his hand, and Ceindra saw that he looked right at home. She smiled, and glanced quickly at Val and Cir. She'd show them that she could blend in anywhere. Besides, it would be funny to see their faces when they saw that she was talking comfortably with the locals.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 12:08
OOC: uh...am i the only one still here? coz no1s posted for ages!
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 08:28
((I'm back! sorry, but my friend from Wales had come to visit me for a week! which was faaaaantastic!))

Soon the party had arrived at the small town of Bree. Erkenwine was about to slip off his horse when he noticed Gelmir at the gate to the village already. He smirked when he saw him banging on the door energetically. He glanced at Curulindel who had his brows raised in surprised at the unexpected attack to the entrance door of town, but then lowered them again and smiled. This elf certainly was eager to get in, which was exactly what the whole party did a moment later when the guardsman of Bree let them pass. Slipping off their horses Erkenwine and Curulindel followed Gelmir and Ciryacáno into the Inn. Erkenwine nodded to the innkeeper and looked around the tables and benches. He was no stranger to the PRANCING PONY. On many occassions had he passed through here and even stayed the night on his travels. The Innkeeper asked their business and Erkenwine babbled on easily that they wanted rooms for the night.

Curulindel's ears twitched at the mention of ale and mead. But he had drunk wine before. A special delicate kind sent down to Rivendell by their woodelf-kins from Mirkwood. "Wine, the most gentle tasting one you have, mellon nín." Curulindel followed everyone over to a round table and took a seat. "So we made it in time." he brushed his long dark hair back over his shoulders. "If we travel early tomorrow we will soon be passing Amon Súl, but if Erkenwine is right, we should be prepared from there on." he glanced at Erkenwine who was already gulping down some ale. Once he put down his tankard he nodded. "It is as you say Curulindel. Once we pass Amon Súl we might expect trouble at the Last-Bridge, where the woods of Trollshaws beginns. A very good hiding place amongst the trees. THus seems the fate of forests." he said looking at Ceindra and watching her cheekily approach a total stranger in the corner, someone which Erkenwine knew as well. But he could tell, the Ranger-colleague was on a special mission, by the way he tried to hide himself away.

Ceindra, the carefree elven youth though didn't seem to be bothered by this too much, cause after a few moments of words exchanged between her and the Ranger, she called him over. Erkenwine got up. "Pardon me, hir nín." he slowly moved over towards the other ranger and Ceindra. Erkenwine grinned at him. "I'll make sure our young elven maiden will not be in your way too long, Strider" He knew Ranger's codes and Ranger's tasks. The stranger still had his hood over his forehead but Erkenwine could detect the grin. "No problem, Slink, there is still a lot of time"
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 10:05
Ceindra stared at the Ranger in surprise. " Strider?! You're the heir of Isildur?!" It was not accustomed for others to know the names of the rangers, but the young elf was friends with Narya, the Princess of Mirkwood. Narya had left the wood a long time ago, and spent most of her time living the life of Dunedain, especially the one named Strider. Ceindra was intrigued, and completely forgot her wine was she begged Strider to tell her tales of the wild and his battles with Orcs and such things. Beside her, she could sense Erkenwine sighing at her inquisitiveness, but she shrugged it off with a simple smile at him.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 02:32
Erkenwine's eyes widened when Ceindra mentioned Strider's true nature. "Ssssh, my lovely maiden, speak not this. Why do you think he is known as Strider and not by his true name? not many know. Though I know the wisdom of your elven folk." he smiled at her sweetly, his charming face making him look rather boyish at this moment. "my fair elven maiden, I can tell you many a Ranger's story as well, if you want to hear it." his eyes softened as he looked at the pretty female elf that even Strider started to chuckled quietly, his hood still over his forehead and smoking his pipe. For a moment Erkenwine turned towards Strider asking him why he was here. "I'm waiting for friends of Gandalf, there is an urgent errand to do concerning..." Strider looked at Erkenwine and Ceindra then whispered. "...the one ring.." Erkenwine's eyes widened. "so its true, all the rumours that have been passing around the country. We must be watchful then. Shadows will grow." Strider silently nodded over Erkenwine's words. The blond young ranger glanced over at the table where the rest of their party was sitting and caught Curulindel's eye. He could tell by the look Curulindel was giving him, that his sensitive elven ears had picked up the whole conversation.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 07:22
Cir was relieved to have reached Bree and relaxed for the first time since he had received the message from Elrond. He partook of the roast beef and the fine mead and spoke quietly with his companions. It took a while before he missed Ceindra'a presence at their table and his eyes surveyed the room, searching for her. It surprised him that it took so long to finally catch sight of her, sitting with Erkenwine and another ranger in a far corner of the Inn. How could one "lose" as fair a creature as the elf-maiden among such a crude awray of ruffians. He noticed the three were conversing quite comfortably which each other, which surprised him. It was so unlike Ceindra to speak so freely with strangers; she was untraveled and thus unused to dealings with the men of Middle Earth. Yet there she sat, very much at home with the two rangers. He wondered who the second ranger was as it was obvious Erkenwine knew him well. While not wishing to listen in on other conversations intentionally, he was, after all, an eldar, and picked up on the comment regarding the finding of the one ring. He found himself once again overwhelmed with the feeling of foreboding that had filled his soul since he had agreed to travel to Imladris. His handsome brow furrowed and his shapely lips turned down at the corners. He felt the push of time grabbing at him. He knew that it was urgent that they leave at first dawn. He turned to Val, Curulindel and Gelmir and expressed this thought. He felt they should retire to the "lovely" rooms offered by the publican and rest up before they had to continue their journey.

"That is assuming we can draw our fair maiden away from socializing with the local population," he added, smiling slightly once more as he had a fleeting moment of amusement about Ceindra. "Val, why don't you go and rescue that poor ranger from our dear Ceindra," he suggested, prodding Val in the ribs with his elbow.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 03:43
"Me?" Val sighed in mock-despair, then stood. "If you insist." He shot a cheeky grin and a wink as Cir shook his head at Val's childish behavior.

The blonde elf moved with lazy grace over to where Ciendra and the rangers were. Their conversation paused as he stood next to them. Val quickly smiled and gave a slight nod of his head.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," he began, "But Ciendra, we need to retire; we have an early start tomorrow and you are unused to such travel."
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 10:10
Ceindra scowled at Val. " Unused to such travel..." She muttered under her breath. But she knew that her friend was right, and cleared the scowl from her face. With a slight nod of the head, she began to walk towards the rooms with Val. She sneaked a look at him. Compared to men, he was very handsome. But she wondered why he looked better than the other elves. Maybe because he had been the first elf she had seen since her talk with the Rangers. But then she was Val turning to look at her and she turned away quickly so that he wouldn't have seen her staring at him.
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email