Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: Time Warp in Wales
on: October 25, 2005 04:29
When he apologized for his rudeness and asked her name, there was a moment of silence, where they simply stared at each other, then her laughter filled the air.

"You were not rude," she started her response. "Are you sure you are all right. If you would follow me to the halls of healing, I could have a closer look at you and maybe we could find some cause for this... Forgive me - now it is me who is rude. Mae govannen Cir. My name is Falmiel, I guess I should say of Lothlorien for that is where I lived most of my life. I am a student of the healing arts in the house of Elrond. And I happen to like early morning walks in these gardens, if this answers your question."

"Falmiel," he said softly, as though tasting the very sound. Her eyes and now her name, both reminded him of the seas of home. He realized she had asked him to follow her to the house of healing. "No, no. I do not need healing. I need answers," he blurted out, then caught his tongue. "I'm fine, really I am. I had a head injury before I left the Gray Havens for the Council. Now and then, I have a recurring pain....just an after affect." He smiled at her, feeling the need to find something to say. "So you're from Lothlorien? And here to study with Elrond? Are you happy here or do you miss home?"

He was embarrassed at such foolish questions but he could not think of anything else to ask, particularly when all he wanted to do was lose himself in those eyes. What he really wanted to do is tell her about his visions, tell her his fears, tell her to stay by his side. Thus, they both sat in the gardens of Rivendell, in the early morning sunlight, staring into each others eyes, into each others souls. Cir had no idea how much time passed before he shook his head, freeing himself from the enchantment of her presence.

"I am on my way to the Library. May I walk with you to the Hall of Healing before I do so?"
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 05:59
"No, no. I do not need healing. I need answers," he blurted out, then caught his tongue. "I'm fine, really I am. I had a head injury before I left the Gray Havens for the Council. Now and then, I have a recurring pain....just an after affect." He smiled at her, feeling the need to find something to say. "So you're from Lothlorien? And here to study with Elrond? Are you happy here or do you miss home?"

What strange questions, thought Falmiel. But then tried to focus on what he had said before. A head injury - well, that would explain much, but if there were still recurring pains, then he should be examined - yet Cir refused. After a moment of indecision she made up her mind not to press the matter, perhaps luck would give her a chance to help him.

Now she too smiled at him. A bit absentmindedly, for she could not tear her eyes away from him she started to answer some of his questions. "Well, no - I do not miss it much - Lothlorien, too was not my real home....," Why was she telling him this? It was very likely that he was not interested at all, but she had no means to control her tongue or anything about her body or mind for that matter - the moment of silence seemed to drag on, then she continued not even sure if she wanted to tell him all that. "In fact, I guess, I do not have a real home. My grandfather Finrod Felogund left my grandmother and my mother at Minas Tirith when he went on one of his quests, never to return. As I was told they later moved to the Grey Havens, waiting for him there - that's where mother met father. When I was old enough I was sent to Lothlorien to be fostered and my parents went off to search for my grandfather. Nothing was ever heard of them." Again she stopped, wondering why by the Valar she told this to a complete stranger.

She did not know how to tell him what she really wanted to say. That she had been waiting for him since the beginning of time and that now that he was finally come they should not waste time but unite their souls. She became frightened at her own thoughts. What was she thinking? There was no evidence Cir even wanted to get to know her better and she ...

But she could not take her eyes of him. Thus, they both sat in the gardens of Rivendell, in the early morning sunlight, staring into each others eyes, into each others souls. She was without time, without weight and there was nothing and no one else but Cir.

Then, suddendly, the encantment was broken and Cir started to speak. "I am on my way to the Library. May I walk with you to the Hall of Healing before I do so?"

Confused by what had just happened between them Falmiel slowly said, still not taking her eyes of him," Certainly - maybe I could have a look at your head before we...forgive me you - go to the library."

Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 09:10
When Ceindra woke that morning, she felt more forgiving towards Val. He might not have understood her, but he was naive. She felt the need to protect him. Leaving her room, she went for a walk to find one of her friends. Her long blond hair shone in the morning sunshine and her white dress flowed around her. Smiling for the happiness of simply being alive, she traced her fingers along the water in the fountain. It felt cool and clean against her skin. She laughed to herself, for no apparent reason, and turned around to walk back up to the Halls.

Only then did she notice Cir not far off with a young girl. She ran up to him, as he looked pretty dazed and confused. "Are you alright?" she asked, her voice filled with concern.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 12:53
Curulindel, who was concentrating on Ciryacáno turned his head in surprise when the young boy suddenly adressed him rather eagerly. "a sword? today? now?" he said staring at the boy in surprise, but then he smiled softly. The boy truely was eager. "Well, if you have had your morning food, we can indeed walk over to the place in question to start forging a sword for you, hên nín ." Curulindel got up from his chair, took a bunch of grapes from the tray and nodded to Thad to follow him. "It is a tough work to forge a sword, it will take some time, so you must bring along patience." he explained as he walked out of Elrond's house with Thad by his side.

Erkenwine chuckled when Thad burst out his wish to own a sword, the boys cheeks were red with eagerness. It was good to see such liveliness and sparkle in the boys' eyes. It was the innocence of children that had become so rare now with the growing shadow covering their world. As he watched Curulindel walk off with Thad he didn't notice Ciryacáno taking his leave as well and a moment later he sat there at the breakfast table all by himself. "so..." he looked around the empty airy room. "..Erkenwine.." he talked to himself. "..what could you do with yourself this fine day? Imladris at your hands. Should I visit one of the fair elven maiden? They usually like my company...or should I contemplate in the garden?" Erkenwine grinned as he got up from the table himself reaching for some bread and then just walked out of Elrond's house for a little stroll. Maybe he would come upon someone he could converse with or offer his help.

[Edited on 11/5/2006 by Elebridith]
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 03:31
He was lost in thought about what she had told him of her heritage, thinking, 'no wonder she reminds me of home for she was born near the sea.' It was as much a surprise to him as it probably was for her when he suddenly became very formal, asking her if he could walk her to the house of healing as he had to go to the library. Their eye contact was broken and they stood, preparing to continue on when Ceindra ran up to Cir, asking "Are you alright?" her voice filled with concern.

"I am fine, Ceindra. And you, my dear, are up and about much earlier than is normal for you. Perhaps I should ask if there is anything wrong with you, " he teased her, putting his hand on her forehead as though checking for fever. "But as long as you are here, may I introduce you to Falmiel, a healer here in Imladris. Falmiel, this young maiden is a distant relation of mine who is also from the Gray Havens. She was one of my companions who traveled with me when I left home for Lord Elrond's council, which sadly I missed due to my head injury." He continued strolling along the path with a maiden on each side of him. The pain in his head was clearing rapidly and he addressed that issue with Ceindra.

"I suffered a sudden rush of pain, Ceindra, which Falmiel, who was also here in the garden at the time, noticed....and came to my side. I was just walking her back to the house of healing before I continued on to the library to see what Gelmir is up to." Glancing at Ceindra, he added, "It may also have been an after effect of ... well, you remember what happened on the trail here." Smiling, he finished with, "But I am fine now so worry not. Should I suffer any more, I promise you I will make a visit to Falmiel and she can examine my hard head and prove to you that nothing is the least bit wrong. By the by, where is Val? When last I saw him he was in the great hall. Have you eaten yet?"

His eyes turned to Falmiel, thinking to ask the same of her and immediately, as he took in her brilliant red hair, her fair skin, her tall yet slender frame, his breath caught in his chest, his heart skipped a beat, his voice caught in his throat. As if being drawn to his look, her eyes met his, and once again he felt lost in them. What was happening to him? Ever since he came of age, he had thought he would someday wed Celuien, yet when he looked at this elf maiden, he could not even recall Celuien's face. They walked together, side by side, and he felt there were only the two of them in the world.

"Cir!" The voice calling out to him snapped his attention from Falmiel. Looking ahead on the path he saw Erkenwine headed in their direction. "Erkenwine! Alone are you? Where is Curulindel? Tell me not that Thad has captured him and dragged him to the forge, the young rapscallion. I am on my way to the library. Do you wish to join me?" As Erkenwine drew near, Cir greeted him warmly and turned to introduce him to Falmiel. Even as he spoke her name, he felt a warm glow fill his heart. Not a healer, he thought, but rather an enchantress.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 04:20
Val had been wandering about that morning, somewhat listlessly. The back of his mind told him that he needed to teach Thad archery; he would make preperations for that today.

As he strode down the hall, then paused. Cir was ahead, with Ciendra...and another maiden. And from the look on Cir's face...

Val shook his head; it looked like Cir wasn't going to be much help with giving him advice today. Val put on an engaging smile and strode forward, giving a greeting.

"Lord Gelmir?" Talindra did not want to interrupt the other elf...but she had glanced up and noticed that his half of the breakfast tray was still not eaten. She reached out a slender hand to place on his shoulder hesitantly.

Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 07:06
Falmiel's head was spinning, not only from the experience of the magic that had happened between them - for there was no other word for it, but also from meeting so many people in such a short time. Cir certainly had many friends.

Still absentmindedly she nodded to Ceindra, and then a few moments (or was it hours?) later to Erkenwine and then to another friend of Cir's. She was still too caught up in the enchantment, which seemed to renew itself every time their eyes met to say anything. Instead she was lost in her own thoughts.

A dim voice from long, long ago came into her head. She was transported back in time and space to a little maiden, watching her mother prepare for travel. "You know Falmiel, if you truly love someone, you will know. There is a magic in new love that cannot be mistaken and if you feel that magic, my daughter, do not run away from it - know that you have found your life mate." The words rang clear in her head as if she had only heard them yesterday.

Had this been the magic her mother had been talking about? But that would mean... she looked at Cir, talking to his friends. No - surely this kind of thing was not what her mother had meant - this was a complete stranger - she knew nothing about him, but his name and that he suffered from occasional headaches.

Falmiel, you are a fool, she scolded herself. You know that this kind of love-sickness runs in your veins. Your grandfather had it, your mother had it and you - you have it too. By now you have lived long enough and seen enough not to believe in such things.

But when their eyes met again, all doubts were washed away -she was caught up in the magic again and there was no one in the world but this handsome stranger named Cir and she knew then that if she had to, she would follow him to the ends of the earth.

When the magic was broken again, she came to her senses. What had she been thinking, she had patients to attend to. Yet she dared not leave without reassuring that she would see Cir again, and that as soon as possible. So she waited - after all he had offered to walk her to the Halls of Healing....

[Edited on 27/10/2005 by Liswen]
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 27, 2005 09:03
No sooner had he introduced Falmiel to Erkenwine than Val suddenly appeared on the pathway, striding towards their group. Cir glanced at Ceindra to see how she would receive his friend. Their's seemed to be a strange relationship. He would have sworn at one time that Val and Ceindra would become the lovers his vision had revealed to him yet there seemed to be a wall of misunderstanding between them. Shaking his head, this revelation as to how wrong his visions were gave him food for thought. If this vision was incorrect, than the deeper, darker ones he was also having might be just as wrong. He took comfort from that thought, here, in this lovely garden on such a beautiful day...and with such a beautiful maiden at his side.

"Val, I'd like you to meet Falmiel, born in the Gray Havens, would you believe? I am surprised that we have never met her before though she says she left for Lothlorien many ages ago. Yet, the world is small, for here we are, Mithlonders all, meeting in Elrond's gardens. Falmiel, this is my dearest and life long friend........."

Suddenly, the scene change. All his friends were still there, yet not. At least not as he was familiar with them. He tried to complete what he had been saying, "A..a..andy," he stuttered. It was neither right nor wrong, just puzzling to him. "No, not Andy, Va..." He stared at them and they stared back, clothed in garb strange to his eye. He looked at his surroundings and they too were strange, the buildings large, many stories tall and built of stone. Several young men walked past them, long black flowing robes blowing back from legs covered in loose pants, carrying bound folders full of papers.

Cir wavered on his feet for a moment, then managed to blurt out, "No! I must sit. I must sit." He found a bench and sat upon it, holding his head in his hands, a violent burst of pain flashing though it. He felt nauseous and dizzy, his breathing short gasps. He had no idea how long he sat there before opened his eyes...and finding himself once again in Lord Elrond's gardens, his friends, the ones he knew and loved, before him, he lowered his head to his hands again. As the pain eased and his breathing slowed, he lifted his eyes to Falmiel.

"I'm sorry, my fair lady, I was introducing you to Valandil, wasn't I?" He tried to smile, tried to stand and finally managed to rise from the bench, holding onto Val's and Erkenwine's arms. "And now I believe it may be helpful to accept your offer. You asked for me to come to the Halls of Healing and I think I would like to do that now. Perhaps you could find something for the pain in my head." He took a step and stopped, " That is, if you would not mind my hand on your shoulder as we walk. I fear I do not feel as steady as I would like to."

Resting his hand on her slender shoulder for balance, he turned to his friends. "Val, Erkenwine, Ceindra....would you please go to the Library and inquire as to how Gelmir is doing. I will join you as soon as possible."
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 07:32
"Val, I'd like you to meet Falmiel, born in the Gray Havens, would you believe? I am surprised that we have never met her before though she says she left for Lothlorien many ages ago. Yet, the world is small, for here we are, Mithlonders all, meeting in Elrond's gardens. Falmiel, this is my dearest and life long friend........."

Suddenly Cir began to have a strange look in his eyes. He seemed to be struggling with what he saw. His face was full of surprise and disbelief, nonetheless he tried to complete what he had been saying, "A..a..andy," he stuttered. Falmiel looked at him concerned. The fit seemed to take him where none of his friends could follow. He spoke this strange name, obviously out of another language. Everyone was looking at Cir while he struggled on and the fit persisted. "No, not Andy, Va..."
What is this strange illness, Falmiel wondered, her patient with the burn symptoms as good as forgotten for the moment. The head injury Cir had suffered must have been severe. Already she was trying to combine various herbs that would lessen the effects of the fits.
At that moment, Cir wavered on his feet , then managed to blurt out, "No! I must sit. I must sit." He found the bench and sat upon it, holding his head in his hands. From his expression Falmiel could tell that he must be in a considerable amount of pain, most likely accompanied by dizziness. His breathing came in short gasps. This was a severe condition and Falmiel vowed that she would get Cir to the Halls of Healing, even if she had to drag him there. Looking at him she could almost feel his pain. Then the pain seemed to ease and his breathing slowed, he lifted his eyes to Falmiel.

"I'm sorry, my fair lady, I was introducing you to Valandil, wasn't I?" He tried to smile, tried to stand and finally managed to rise from the bench, holding onto Val's and Erkenwine's arms. "And now I believe it may be helpful to accept your offer. You asked for me to come to the Halls of Healing and I think I would like to do that now. Perhaps you could find something for the pain in my head." He took a step and stopped, " That is, if you would not mind my hand on your shoulder as we walk. I fear I do not feel as steady as I would like to."
Resting his hand on her slender shoulder for balance, he turned to his friends. "Val, Erkenwine, Ceindra....would you please go to the Library and inquire as to how Gelmir is doing. I will join you as soon as possible."
As they slowly walked towards the Halls of Healing Falmiel questioned him as to the kind and severity of the pain. When Cir had described it to her satisfaction they had reached the Halls of Healing. “Please,” she said gently “Sit down here on this bed, while I go and get some things for a few tests and some more herbs.” When Cir was sitting on the bed, she quickly went to fetch the necessary things.
The room she had brought him to was her own room, which was directly next to the Halls of Healing so she could be available for patients at short notice. The room at two parts to it, the bed on which Cir was sitting, located below the window with a view of the gardens, a table, shelves with books and scrolls on them and then through a small archway a kind of antechamber full of herbs and devices used for healing.
A short while after, Falmiel re-entered the room with several tools. “I hope you don’t mind that I examine you first,” she started. Carefully, she tilted his head upwards so that he looked directly at her. “Does this make you dizzy?” she asked. When Cir said no, she turned his head towards the window and looked into his eyes on onto his skin. Then she asked another question, as to the nature of his head injury.
After the examination was over. She went into her storage of herbs and brought a small sack full of crushed leaves, flowers and the like as well as a strong smelling balm. Handing him the sack she said “ Make a tea out of this whenever you had or have an attack, depending on when you are able to get some water to boil. If that is not possible, take the balm and rub it or have someone rub it onto your temples. Sit or lay back and concentrate on the smell and the feeling. The attacks should get better. And I’d recommend more sleep and less worry.”
She smiled at him. There was so much more she wanted to tell him. She had no idea why, but she looked at him and said. “Of course you could consider me your very personal healer. My training here is finished and I am free to go anytime…” She stopped. “Pardon me,” she said, “I have gone too far. Just consider it a joke.” She knew though that it was not meant to be a joke. “Please,” she started again. “Stay here and rest for awhile, I will be back shortly – there is another patient I have to look in on… I’ll be back very soon…” She turned to go, but something held her back – she turned around and met his eyes again. And she forgot the time – until he spoke.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 10:43
((what about us feeling the warping effects? are we not to feel it any more? are we not slipping into modern time again for a short space of time? I would really like that for excitement, though I enjoy Middle Earth much more of course )

Erkenwine had heard the familiar voice close to him, identifying it belonding to Ciryacáno, so he turned around and approached the group. He smiled brightly and nodded. "indeed, it is as you say, Ciryacáno, the young boy has indeed made Curulindel his own, I saw them marching of to the Elven smithy's." Erkenwine ran his fingers through his hair, to get some strands out of his eyes when he noticed Falmiel a fair elven maiden. He bowed his head to her with his right hand crossing his heart. It was meant in reverance to the elf. When Cir mentioned 'Mithlonders' he shook his head and smiled at Falmiel."I am not, I'm afraid, I'm from North-Ithilien and my friend Curulindel, whom you might know, is home here in Imladris." Then he turned to Cir again. "the library? So you are still looking for evidence on the two istari? evidence of their joining the shadow?" he asked but already following the group through the garden.

Erkenwine stopped instantly when Ciryacáno was acting strange again, saying this odd word again, that he had heard him say before 'An-Dee' 'An-droth' meant a long cave, and he seemed to remember the quenya word 'Anda' meaning 'long' but 'An-Dee'. He shrugged, his Quenya was not good at all, in fact he was glad he had managed to learn some Sindarin, not to talk about Quenya. So maybe it was a word he didn't know. Erkenwine helped Cir stand up. "are you alright?" He asked him worried. But Ciryacàno had made up his mind to leave with Falmiel for the halls of healing. So Erkenwine glanced at Val and Ceindra. "well, let us go then and find Gelmir." he smiled and led the two of them into the house.

Curulindel smiled at the eager human boy. "Let us walk over to Talagan's smithery, Thad. We will first get the material we need ready and make a fire." Curulindel led the way passed the house his mother lived in and along a little path that led round in a curve and on towards the mountainside. There was a building which was open on one side. Nobody was there. Curulindel nodded to THad. "I see we are alone. So help me collect some wood and get some logs for the fire, because we will need to heat the metal until it is soft so we can shape it the way we want it." he looked around for a basket and handed Thad one. "what kind of sword were you thinking of Thad?" Curulindel asked as he picked up woodsticks and some logs from the far right sight of the longish builiding.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 05:25
OOC: El, I have debated and debated about another warp but really cannot see how it fits in yet. As you know, I've been 'warping' if you will through visions. Perhaps we should all consider the possibility (and the reasons) for it in the OOC thread. By the way, it's good to see you back. Hope all is well with you.

IC: When Cir had first asked Erkenwine about Thad 'kidnapping' Curulindel, he smiled brightly and nodded. "indeed, it is as you say, Ciryacáno, the young boy has indeed made Curulindel his own, I saw them marching of to the Elven smithy's."

"And you know, you will be next, unless he decides that shooting a bow and arrow is more exciting than having his nose to the ground watching ants and broken blades of grass." Cir laughed at Erkenwine. But it is good for him to learn all the skills especially if we...." His voice trailed off as he noted Erkenwine's eyes on Falmiel and his respectful greeting. By that time, Val was just arriving and Cir made the introductions, smiling when Erkenwine objected to being called a Mithlonder.

"As our friend, Erkenwine, you will always be welcome in Mithlond," Cir stated firmly. It was as he was introducing Val to Falmiel that his head spun and the pain entered. When he recovered from the attack, he had asked his three friends to head for the library to see what Gelmir had discovered.

He himself had gone to the halls of healing with Falmiel, who had plied him with herbs and once again run her fingers across his forehead where the scar from his fall in the Gray Havens was still visible. He had no idea whether the herbs would do anything, mixed in hot water or not, but the feel of her fingers eased the pain almost instantly. When she finished her ministrations, they found their eyes meeting again. She spoke suddenly, saying, “Of course you could consider me your very personal healer. My training here is finished and I am free to go anytime…” She stopped. “Pardon me,” she said, “I have gone too far. Just consider it a joke.” “Please,” she started again. “Stay here and rest for awhile, I will be back shortly – there is another patient I have to look in on… I’ll be back very soon…” She turned to go, but something held her back – she turned around and met his eyes again. And she forgot the time – until he spoke.

"A joke? No, my lady, I would consider it an honor, though what ails me is not a wound you can heal. I have been having," he hesitated, "visions. I see things yet I do not know what they mean. I have seen Val and Ceindra, happy and with children. Is it real? Or is it only a deep wish of mine and their families......that I have not foreseen anything, simply wished it?" That is not all however. You heard me ask my friends to check up on Gelmir. He is searching for the last known records of the "Blue Istari", Alatar and Pallando. Though in the past, they have been recorded to have done good for the peoples of Middle Earth, I have been seeing evil around them. I'm not sure whether it concerns them both or only one of them. Or, if my visions are flawed, maybe neither of them." He stopped and took a sip of whatever liquid she had created for him, hoping to give himself the strength to continue. Stalling for time, he told her of their plans to travel into the east once Gelmir had found whatever was left to find in Elrond's library, and see if they could locate the two wizards to determine if his visions were real.

He set down the cup and lowered his head. Should he tell her of the worst, most puzzling and confusing of his visions? She would consider him mad. When he lifted his eyes, he met the compassionate concern in hers...and something else, though he could not define it. Still, it made him want to talk to her, to share everything of his life with her, flaws and all.

"I sometimes see my friends and me somewhere else....somewhere I feel as though I've been..and they've been there with me. We look different. We dress differently. We speak another language, yet I understand it entirely. It is those visions that cause the pain I feel." He smiled slightly. "You see, my lady, the joke is on me..and it is nothing you can help me with.
Thad was busy running to keep up with the long-legged elf as the headed for the smithy. It was empty when they arrived and Curulindel nodded to THad. "I see we are alone. So help me collect some wood and get some logs for the fire, because we will need to heat the metal until it is soft so we can shape it the way we want it." he looked around for a basket and handed Thad one. "what kind of sword were you thinking of Thad?" Curulindel asked as he picked up woodsticks and some logs from the far right sight of the longish builiding.

"What kind of sword? You mean I can pick whatever I want to make?" He stood, his arms full of small pieces of wood, staring into space, trying to imagine what the perfect sword for him would look like. Dropping the pile of wood near the fire pit, he ran to the inside of the smithy's shop, finding many swords of different sizes and styles propped along the walls. He walked along, examining each of them, one at at time. He suddenly stopped, staring at a delicate handled one, runes running down the length of the blade. "Curulindel, like this one," he called out to the elf. "Yes, this one is beautiful. Can we make one like this, only smaller I think." He grinned as he stood in front of Curulindel with the sword standing in front of him, point in the ground, the hilt at least a foot above his head. "Yes, I think maybe a little shorter, don't you?" he asked, his eyes full of mischief and glee.
Gelmir had watched Talindra from the shadows, wondering why she was moving the neat piles into total disorder again. When he approached her side, asking, "What seems to be troubling you, my dear?", he suddenly became aware that the sun was shining through the openings in the wall. It was morning and as he looked down at his attire, he began to clush profusely. He was standing in front of the maiden in his most personal night robes and slippers. Yet, as embarrassed as he was, she was so engrossed that she barely glanced in his direction. He was about to quietly leave to return to his rooms, where he could change into daywear, when the doors burst open and much to his chagrin, in walked Erkenwine, Val and Ceindra. Too late, he realized he was caught and there was nowhere to hide. Smoothing his expression and behaving as though nothing was out of order, he greeted them calmly.

"Good morning, my friends. You are all up early."
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 07:39
"A joke? No, my lady, I would consider it an honor, though what ails me is not a wound you can heal. I have been having," he hesitated, "visions. Although Falmiel was surprised by his reaction, she was also glad – for this meant, he did not consider her impertinent or even worse. Calmy she listened to what he had to say, returning to her bed while he spoke and sitting down next to him, careful not to interrupt him.
“ I see things yet I do not know what they mean. I have seen Val and Ceindra, happy and with children. Is it real? Or is it only a deep wish of mine and their families......that I have not foreseen anything, simply wished it? That is not all however. You heard me ask my friends to check up on Gelmir. He is searching for the last known records of the "Blue Istari", Alatar and Pallando. Though in the past, they have been recorded to have done good for the peoples of Middle Earth, I have been seeing evil around them. I'm not sure whether it concerns them both or only one of them. Or, if my visions are flawed, maybe neither of them." He stopped and took a sip of whatever liquid she had created for him, hoping to give himself the strength to continue. Stalling for time, he told her of their plans to travel into the east once Gelmir had found whatever was left to find in Elrond's library, and see if they could locate the two wizards to determine if his visions were real.

Falmiel listened with great interest. She, too had heard of the Blue Istari. They had always been considered rather dubious characters, at least by the people she had known. Was that why Lord Elrond had made the Fellowship leave in such haste and pressed on them the urgency to complete their task quickly? Inwardly she had to laugh when she thought back how she had witnessed the council. Lady Arwen and her had behaved like small children and hidden in a place with a good view and the opportunity to hear well. Quickly though she turned her attention back to Cir – she did not want to miss anything he said.

He set down the cup and lowered his head. At first she thought he would not speak again. He seemed to struggle with some strange knowledge and whether he wanted to share it or not. But after a long pause he did continue," I sometimes see my friends and me somewhere else....somewhere I feel as though I've been…and they've been there with me. We look different. We dress differently. We speak another language, yet I understand it entirely. It is those visions that cause the pain I feel." He smiled slightly. "You see, my lady, the joke is on me…and it is nothing you can help me with.”

During the last comments Falmiel had taken the cup from him and taken his hands into hers. “I thank you for your confidence and honesty. I do not presume to have an authority for visions, but yours – as far as this world goes sound true. I have heard people say that someone with the ability of foresight, might have unclear visions, or vision that will not come to pass that way. For the future is not yet written in stone. So if you say you say your friends happy and with children, that may or may not come to pass – it is a possibility, but it is up to them. Your visions about the istari are very important indeed and they are worth to be acted upon, even with only a possibility of truth – because if they are, they could decide the battle of middle earth. As for these other visions… they indeed are strange, and I’m not entirely sure whether they are really connected to the head injury or not.” She looked and felt puzzled. “I would like to try and help you, especially with the pain that accompanies this. But in order to do this, I will have to observe you closely during those attacks and this would mean….“

Looking into his eyes there it was again – this absolute magic. “If you and your friends don’t mind, I would like to come with you – to help. It is never wrong to have a healer at hand… And maybe together we can find out about those visions of this strange place and why they cause you so much pain.” She still had not let go of his hands. She wanted to tell him so much more, but she was not sure how Cir would take it, if she told him about the magic – surely he must feel it too. But what if he did not? She did not dare destroy whatever there was between them. Even though her mouth did not tell him anything, her eyes did. In her eyes he could read, if he so choose, all that remained unspoken
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 05:41
As he told Falmiel his most secret visions, those he had not even shared with his oldest and dearest friends, he wondered what it was about her that made me open his heart and mind to her so freely. And when she began to share with him his very own view on the unreliability of visions, he simply nodded his head, as though he had expected her reaction. She thoroughly understood his visions of Val and Ceindra and of the Blue Wizards. But her face became as puzzled as his mind when he told her the last, and most bizarre, vision. She took his hands in hers and faced him.

"As for these other visions… they indeed are strange, and I’m not entirely sure whether they are really connected to the head injury or not.” She looked and felt puzzled. “I would like to try and help you, especially with the pain that accompanies this. But in order to do this, I will have to observe you closely during those attacks and this would mean….“

She looked into his eyes and once again, he felt the same unusual feeling he had been having since the moment he had first seen her....that he had known her all his life and wanted to go on knowing more and more until eternity. Time froze and they stared at each other for an unknown age before she continued.

“If you and your friends don’t mind, I would like to come with you – to help. It is never wrong to have a healer at hand… And maybe together we can find out about those visions of this strange place and why they cause you so much pain.” She still had not let go of his hands.

Nor had he let go of hers. Slowly...hesitantly at first...softly, he began to tell Falmiel of his life, of his life in the Gray Havens, his father and mother, his cousin Círdan, his relationship with Celuien, his later years with Val at his side. He talked for a long time; the sun was at midday when he finally seemed to realize the hour. In all that time, he had not let go her hands. His voice trailed off and he sat, gazing at this fair elf-maiden to whom he had told all, his dreams, his hopes, his life...wondering why....then knowing why. But did she know? Did she know she was the lifemate he had longed for all his life?

"Falmiel, I would bring you with us on this quest but for the fact that I would never allow harm to come to you, never. I know not what dangers we may confront, but I will not have you exposed to any of it. You are a healer, not a warrior. I would ask that you wait here and I will return to you." His mind knew he was doing the right thing, yet his heart could already feel the pain of her absence, the empty hollow place that not seeing her, talking to her, holding her hands that would exist. Of all he had told her this morn, he knew not how to tell her this.

Finally releasing her hands from the grip of his own, he stood. "I must go to the Library and see how Gelmir is progressing." His voice was distant, cool, yet he could think of no other way to part from her but to create a distance between them. If he didn't leave soon, he would find he never could.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 07:19
Val offered his arm to Ciendra with a smile, glad that she took it. Even though the maid had the ability to drive him to madness, the smile she gave him as she slipped her slender arm around his made it all worhtwhile.

With that thought, several revelations occured to the elf. If her smile made him so completely happy, was he as bad as Cir with the pretty red-headed maid?

Talindra nearly dropped the heavy armful of books she had when Gelmir suddenly appeared at her side.

"I-I am fine." she managed to stutter out, looking at him with wide green eyes. He was standing rather close, having crept up on her.

Not that she would accuse him of that; no, he seemed a completely gentle and caring sort of person. Not too mention such a great scholar. Talindra felt such an idiot in his presence; she still hardly believed that he *wanted* her help.

she tore her eyes away and huffily began "reorganizing" the desk, her pale cheeks ablaze. Gelmir's steps back towards the exit were hardly noticed - until the door swung open and three more elves walked in. Talindra barely recognized them from the dinner the other night. She brushed off her gown - blue silk this morning with silvery thread. Usually she did not wear such nice threads for library work (one never knew when ink would spilll) but this morning she had felt like wearing something...pretty.

'Foolish, foolish, foolish!' she berated herself as she allowed Gelmir to speak to his friends and continued her task. Why was she pretty-ing herself up for in the first place? There was no reason, save to impress Gelmir. And that was foolishness in itself. The elf was old enough to be her father, not to mention he most likely had some nice elven lady back at home who was lucky enough to recieve his affections...Talindra sourly slammed down a writing board and placed a blotter next to it.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2005 01:49
Erkenwine finally appeared in the library with Val and Ceindra where Gelmir was still looking through the books. Erkenwine couldn't help look at the young couple. Obviously those two were very much in love, since they didn't seem to notice anyone around them. And for that matter, he had a feeling that something of the sort was happening to Ciryacáno as well. He had seen his face when he stood close to him and Falmiel. It seemed, that Love had broken out in Imladris. In the end he and Curulindel would have to spend their evenings along, chatting only to each others while words of loves where exchanged anywhere else. Curulindel would probably not even notice the change in Cir, but Erkenwine had a way with women. He noticed the signs instantly. And there was Talindra with Gelimir. Not another couple? He raised a brow as he walked up to them.

Only then did Erkenwine notice the elf's unusual attire. Just out of bed or something of the sort. Erkenwine smirked at Gelmir. "and a good morrow to you, mellon nín. Is it really all that early?" he said with a grin on his face. "Ciryacáno sent us to you to see if you have come upon anything new to help us in our search of proof for or against the Istari. What say you, saelon " digging out the bit of sindarin that he knew.

Curulindel had already dropped some logs and dried branches into the open furnace and made to light the fire with a special stone. The fire slowly started to burn and Curulindel listened to Thad's reply to his question at the same time he picked up the wood pile that the boy had brought over from the store area. Curulindel turned to look up at him when he didn't answer and found him gone. But a moment later he heard the boys voice in the ajusent room. Curulindel rose from his crouched position and walked over to the area where finished swords were kept. He saw the boys eyes glow when he presented him with the sword of his heart. Curulindel looked at it and smiled, nodding at the boy. He had not chosen an elven sword but that which was made in the way of the nogothrim. In honor of some dwarves the elves had been friendly with.

"A good choice Thad, it is a strong sturdy sword you have chosen with the inscription of the Nogothrim, or, as you may say, the Dwarven folk." He picked up the sword that was longer than the boy was tall and smiled. "Indeed, a bit shorter would be much more suitable for you." His fingers felt along the inscription of the blade. "Gabil Inbar Khazadu" He said now looking back at the boy. "Great Horn of the Dwarves, is what this means, it it because a piece of mithril is folded into the metal that we use for our swords. It is symbolic of an elven and dwarven friendship and in a wider sense, the friendship amongs all the species on middle earth. So far, it seems to be a dream." he put down the sword again where it was and nodded to Thad. "Let us prepare the tools we need." he walked back into the workroom of the smithy's. "now can you get the long tongs from over there, and let us see if you can manage the large heavy hammer as well, hên mín " Curulindel stood at the wall picking three long metal plates to be made into a sword.

((erm..may I ask?...do I notice the story turning into a triple love-romance? in that case I guess I feel kinda erm..not fitting into the story any more with my two single fellows. Since all couples are rather occupied with themselves so it seems))
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 08:10
(( OOC: Ok, 'plunging' in, hope it's an okay 'intro'! Naruiel is in the DB: http://councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=5420 ))

From her upper room window, Naruiel had watched the Nine leaving Imladris. - And today, once again gazing out on the Gardens of this beautiful valley, the elleth felt the longing to 'travel' once again take hold in her heart. Their journey was one of seriousness... and wished there was something she could have done to help.

Barely, had Naru and her brother arrived in time for Elrond's Council... called from Edhellond to represent the remaining Falathrim who lived there. - And for that, she was responsible... stopping to gaze in wonder at the 'newness' of Inland Middle Earth... committing the scenery and history to her memory... and wondering if - one day - she might see more, even as Sarnath kept urging his sister onward.

But for now, Naru could do no better than to explore Imladris - now that she'd not feel 'in the way'. - And, besides, as the elleth turned away from the window, it wouldn't hurt to seek out the Smithy and have her sword checked for damage. Sarnath and she had run afoul of a party of orcs along the way... and Naruiel had noticed several 'notches' in the blade.

So, with the sheathed weapon in hand, the elleth tossed her quite long reddish-blonde hair behind her shoulders and headed out of the room. Knocking on Sarnath's to tell him where she'd be, there was no answer. Shrugging, Naruiel began her search.

Once outside, Naru walked the path around the Garden... and her elven-hearing caught the sound of metal being struck. The Forge-building, she saw, seemed to be near the Stables. Picking up her skirts, the elleth hurried along... though her deep-green eyes missed nothing of what she saw... until she came to the door.

And, peering inside, she saw a dark-haired ellon with blue eyes working industriously... helped by (to her surprise) a young Human lad. The heat from the fire was intense, but Naru ignored it... and found herself fascinated by the 'rhythm' of the Smith's hammer on the metal. - He was handsome, too, the elleth noticed... but stood quietly until such time as there was a 'break'.

"Le suilannon, hîr Dammadan... a goheno nin.* I didn't mean to interrupt you," and when Naruiel bowed, several locks of her hair fell foward over her shoulder. Stepping forward and smiling brightly at him, she held out her sword. "But, when you've time, sir, I was wondering if you would examine my blade, please... - I think it's become damaged, and I'm sure someone of your skill could fix it..."

* I greet you, lord Forge-smith (my own Neo-Sindarin construction "hammer+smith" )... and forgive me.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 11:24
Nor had he let go of hers. Slowly...hesitantly at first...softly, he began to tell Falmiel of his life, of his life in the Gray Havens, his father and mother, his cousin Círdan, his relationship with Celuien, his later years with Val at his side. He talked for a long time; In all that time, he had not let go her hands. Falmiel listened without interrupting then, still holding his hands and looking into his eyes she told him about her past. Of her grandfather Finrod who had left his life mate Amarie in Valinor, and settled for another elleth, her grandmother, whom he then left to go on some quest, of her mother who left her in the care of Galadriel when she was still very young in order search for Finrod, her time in Lothlorien and her interest in healing and her studies with Lord Elrond. The sun was at midday when he finally seemed to realize the hour.
"Falmiel, I would bring you with us on this quest but for the fact that I would never allow harm to come to you, never. I know not what dangers we may confront, but I will not have you exposed to any of it. You are a healer, not a warrior. I would ask that you wait here and I will return to you.” Finally releasing her hands from the grip of his own, he stood. "I must go to the Library and see how Gelmir is progressing." His voice was distant, cool, yet he could think of no other way to part from her but to create a distance between them. If he didn't leave soon, he would find he never could.
Falmiel’s forehead showed a definite wrinkle, which always appeared when she was annoyed, angry or worried. “You are right, I am a healer, but I can handle a bow or a sword quite well. So I ask you to take me with you on this quest of yours…” Seeing the look on his face, she became quite desperate now – she could not let him leave without her! “You – you cannot leave me here, now that I’ve found you – you cannot…” she struggled with how to phrase the words. “I will come with you – whether you like it or not… because…. because…. I love you.” It was out in the open. After the last words she covered her mouth, not sure whether she had committed a grave mistake now. Trembling she waited for Cir to respond, hoping, hoping as hard as she dared, that she had not been mistaken about the magic between them and that she had not made a fool out of herself just now.

(ooc: rather short, I know - but meaningfull...)
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 06:42
He stood before her, ready to walk away, when she began to speak, her voice low, intense and resonating with the depth of her feelings.

“You are right, I am a healer, but I can handle a bow or a sword quite well. So I ask you to take me with you on this quest of yours…” Seeing the look on his face, she became quite desperate now – she could not let him leave without her! “You – you cannot leave me here, now that I’ve found you – you cannot…” she struggled with how to phrase the words. “I will come with you – whether you like it or not… because…. because…. I love you.”

Cir stood dumbfounded, unable to find his voice. His years at home were racing through his mind, particularly the face of Celuien with her fair hair and blue eyes. Strange, a while ago her face would not come to his mind, yet there it was before him as clearly as if she were standing there. Then it faded and before him now stood a tall, slender ellath with long red hair and gray-green eyes the color on the sea on a hot, calm day. Her brow was furrowed with anxiety, her hand was covering her mouth. But her eyes were still the thing he saw most clearly ... and he still felt the desire to dive into them and lose himself, just as he would do from the cliffs near home when he dove into the sea and floated underwater for long periods of time, drifting.

Slowly, his hand rose until his fingers stroked her cheek, finally pulling her hand free of her mouth and bringing it to his lips, all the time staring into those sea green eyes. Without will, he leaned closer until his lips met hers, his eyes closing and losing sight of her face and her eyes. Her lips were soft and sweet and he held them with his for a long moment. Leaning back again, his eyes opened and there were her eyes once more, filled with the love she had attested.

"No, I cannot leave you here, you are right. Not because you have found me but now that we have found each other." He smiled, "So you can use a bow and a sword, can you? You realize we may need that more than your skills as a healer, don't you?" He wrapped her hand through his arm and they began to walk toward the Library. "Have you your own sword or shall we take you to the forge and have Thad and Curulindel create one for you? It seems that that is where they are, building one for Thad. You've not met them yet but I know you will like them both. Curulindel is from here in Imladris and I'm surprised you have not met him, though he has been wandering far from here for years. And Thad is a young mortal I found in Bree. He is full of questions, all the time. I defy you to keep up with him yet his is a bright child."

They talked quietly and with complete understanding of each other as they strolled along and found themselves in front of the Library. "Well, m'lady, you might as well join us in our discussions if you are to be a part of this quest." They entered only to find Val and Ceindra standing off to the side holding hands, Erkenwine chatting with a Gelmir still in his night robes and Talindra shuffling through page after page, pulling up whatever Gelmir asked for, her face changing colors from pink to red to pale.

"Gelmir, Talindra.....I'd like you to meet Falmiel, a healer her in Imladris and the other half of my heart. She will be joining us on our trek. So what have you come up with?"
Thad was delighted. Curulindel had said, ""A good choice Thad, it is a strong sturdy sword you have chosen with the inscription of the Nogothrim, or, as you may say, the Dwarven folk."

"The dwarfs, sir? Dwarfs used swords like this? What do the marks mean?" Thad was tracing his fingers over the runes.

"Gabil Inbar Khazadu" He said now looking back at the boy. "Great Horn of the Dwarves, is what this means, it it because a piece of mithril is folded into the metal that we use for our swords. It is symbolic of an elven and dwarven friendship and in a wider sense, the friendship amongs all the species on middle earth. So far, it seems to be a dream."

Thad thought he looked sad but then he was never sure of the expressions of the elves, they were so cool all the time. Curulindel suggested they get what was needed to begin and when the elf began to choose the metal he was going to use, Thad knew that it was all for real...he was going to have his own sword...his very first one.

While they made the preparations and Curulindel began stricking the metal, they heard a voice. "Le suilannon, hîr Dammadan... a goheno nin.* I didn't mean to interrupt you, but, when you've time, sir, I was wondering if you would examine my blade, please... - I think it's become damaged, and I'm sure someone of your skill could fix it..."

Thad beheld a beautiful elf maiden with pale reddish blonde hair and green eyes standing in the doorway, holding out a sword in front of her Thad, as young as he was, was smitten at once. His mouth hung open as he stared at her, glancing once over his shoulder to see what Curulindel would answer.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 08:09
Falmiel dared not move or speak. She watched as slowly, his hand rose until his fingers stroked her cheek, finally pulling her hand free of her mouth and bringing it to his lips, all the time staring into her eyes. He leaned closer until his lips met hers. His lips tasted of home to her, of the sea and a life long, long ago. She closed her eyes, only feeling the intensity of the kiss, until she felt his lips withdraw. She did not open her eyes immediately, but instead kept on tasting the flavor of his lips as long as possible. Finally, reluctantly she opened her eyes.

Then he spoke, "No, I cannot leave you here, you are right. Not because you have found me but now that we have found each other." He smiled at her. What a wonderful smile she thought and smiled back. "So you can use a bow and a sword, can you? You realize we may need that more than your skills as a healer, don't you?" He wrapped her hand through his arm and they began to walk toward the Library. "Have you your own sword or shall we take you to the forge and have Thad and Curulindel create one for you? It seems that that is where they are, building one for Thad. You've not met them yet but I know you will like them both. Curulindel is from here in Imladris and I'm surprised you have not met him, though he has been wandering far from here for years. And Thad is a young mortal I found in Bree. He is full of questions, all the time. I defy you to keep up with him yet his is a bright child."

With interest she followed him and listened to what he had to say, now and then she answered his questions, confirming that she indeed knew how to fight. She told him of her training with the best fighters of Lothlorien and she also confirmed that she had a sword. Although, she assured him she would have been honored to have a sword created for her by his friends. When he spoke of Thad and how this mortal boy asked many questions she had to laugh and then said, “I am very honored and I look forward to getting to know your friends more closely.”

They talked quietly and with complete understanding of each other as they strolled along and found themselves in front of the Library. "Well, m'lady, you might as well join us in our discussions if you are to be a part of this quest." They entered only to find Val and Ceindra standing off to the side holding hands, Erkenwine chatting with a Gelmir still in his night robes and Talindra shuffling through page after page, pulling up whatever Gelmir asked for, her face changing colors from pink to red to pale.

"Gelmir, Talindra.....I'd like you to meet Falmiel, a healer here in Imladris and the other half of my heart. She will be joining us on our trek. So what have you come up with?" Falmiel bowed to Erkenwine, to whom she had already been introduced. Then she turned around and bowed to Val and Ceindra, noticing that she had seen them in the garden also and been introduced. Then she turned to Gelmir and Talindra and greeted them – not letting her surprise about Glemir's dress and Talindra’s disposition show on her face.

Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 01:55
((sorry but whats 'a gohan nin'? I can't find that anywhere in my dictionaries or Grammar. Just know 'nin' = me; and 'nîn' = my, but 'gohan' I can't find! help )

Curulindel smiled at Thad who seemed very excited and interested to hear about the dwarven swords. "Most of the Nogothrim use axes, but there have been some using swords. Though smaller than the one you were looking at. But a dwarf had forged this one together with us, we let him carve the inscription in as a sign of respect. the dwarves use Runes to write. It was...a long time ago." Curulindel looked thoughtfully into the distance for a moment. The fire was burning fully now and it ws getting hot.

Curulindel in the meantime had taken off his top and where only wearing a long pair of trousers. The heat was making sweat-pearls appear on his bare chest. His long hair he had brushed over his back. He glanced at Thad and took the pieces of metal and layed them in the fire. "It will take a while now for the metal to soften so we can hammer it into the shape we want it. In the case of your chosen sword, we have to fold the mithril into it..." he smiled and reached for the hammer. He put on a pair of gloves that were not made of leather but of a special elven fibre that kept his hands cool. "do not touch the metal now, hên nín it is very hot already.." He started bashing the hammer onto the metal several time then he put the hammer down again and put half the metal back into the fire. "it is not hot enough yet... I'll tell you a little more about..."

Curulindel's sensitive ears had picked up the approaching sound of feet long before they finally found their way into the smithy's but only now he turned around as he was greeted by a female voice. "Le suilan híril nîn " Curulindel replied instantly equally bowing his head with his right arm crossing his heart. "Le ù-presta, híril nîn. " Curulindel was not the chatty type but he knew how to handle and make weapons, especially swords. He did not want to ask who this elleth was, as she hadn't introduced herself, but he gathered she might be one of the elves that had come for the council. Curulindel had missed the council cause he had been called to Mithlond at that time. He glanced at the sword she held in her hands and took it up to examine it. "it is a nice sword, made by a good Hatholdan you must have fought heavily with it." he took a closer look at the notches. "Orc blades?" he said looking at her.

**or Angdan = Blacksmith
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 03:09
(( Yep - either one. 'gohena-' verb - published in Vinyar Tengwar 44 - 'to forgive (a person) ))

Whilst the smith examined her blade, Nauriel couldn't help but smile at the gaping boy - but kindly. She'd visited Dol Amroth enough times to be familiar with that kind of 'slack-jawed' admiration, so it didn't bother her at all.

"it is a nice sword, made by a good Hatholdan you must have fought heavily with it." he took a closer look at the notches. "Orc blades?" he said looking at her.

"Indeed," Naru nodded, "to both. My brother and I were beset upon our way from Edhellond. I take it it does need repairs then. - And, oh," the elleth went on, "I eneth nín, Naruiel.* Darthathon vi Imladris al lû thent.** Gerich i lû a thass hen?***" the elleth added.

But then, Naru sent the youth an apologetic smile for slipping into her native Elvish tongue. "Forgive me young sir," she said, "I didn't think to use the Common Tongue. May I ask your name?" she inquired politely and hoped her sword could be fixed before too long...

* My name is Nauriel
** I will stay in Imladris for a short time
*** Have you the time for this task?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 03, 2005 10:26
(ooc: ok, I’m diving in! Hope this post is ok! Yall can find Freond’s profile here. I don’t have any ideas for what her errand to Elrond could be… any suggestions? )

Freond looked ahead tiredly from the saddle, slumping slightly and giving no direct attention to the beauty of the valley as she approached the Last Homely House- though the refreshing scent of pine lifted her spirits, and the peacefulness of that place was welcoming. She had ridden all night, going since the night before that without rest, and was in no happy mood. Rumor had reached her of the great council in Rivendell, but she had not come to the elven home for that reason; she simply wanted a place to rest in safety and without fear of being discovered by enemies during sleep. Something satisfying to eat would be welcome as well. The food she carried was substantial, of course, and good in its own right, but a fresh meal was always a plus for her.

She had been to Imladris before, four or five times, and had been welcomed on each occasion. Now she came back from an errand for Elrond, having received news of it from a runner when he learned she was about, and finally coming to report to him, and to rest.
It had been many months, however, since her last visit, and she sensed a change as she entered the gate; the air was more tense than usual, as if it waited for something to happen. Freond wondered at this- what had happened at the council? There had been many stirrings of orcs and other trouble recently, and she herself had been caught in a small battle two days before… something had been set in motion. What was going on?

It has been too long since I gathered news from a more reliable source than nature, she thought darkly, hoping she had not missed something important…

When she came to the courtyard she was greeted warmly, if with a little hesitancy, and Sirn was taken to be cared for though she offered to see to him herself. The woman threw back her hood, revealing her coppery brown hair to the morning sun, and asked where she could find Lord Elrond.

“I am not sure,” said the elf who had taken the reins from her, “I heard that there are a few people gathering in the library for some reason or another – you might find him there. I will send word that he is to be told of your coming…”

“No thank you,” Freond replied, “I can find him.”

For a moment she stood searching her memory for the way to the library, for she had not gone there overmuch during her stays, but she soon remembered and hurried in that direction, trying to work out the cramps in her legs as she went.

When she entered she found a small crowd, as the gate-elf had told her, but she didn’t see Elrond… five of them, and one in his nightclothes. She raised an eyebrow at that but said nothing about it.

“Greetings,” she said, “I am Freond, and I’m looking for lord Elrond… does anyone know where he is?”

BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 04, 2005 06:04
Cir greeted those gathered in the Library, and had introduced Falmiel to Gelmir and Talindra. By this time, Gelmir had decided that his situation was beyond hope. He would soon find half of Rivendell trooping into the library to see him in his night robes. Throwing his hands in the air, he gave up, turning instead to Talindra who was still holding out the last document he had asked for.

"Talindra, is this the page about the last sighting of Alatar?" he asked gruffly. Turning to the group, he rambled on, "Pallando and Alatar came to Middle Earth together..and together they did some good deeds for the people of this land. But this document is strange. It's only mentioning the sighting of one of them, not the two who always traveled together. I don't know what to make of it."

Cir asked, "How old is this document? And what is its source?"

Gelmir responded, "It is but a few hundred years, which is extremely recent. And the source...." He grasped Talindra's arm, "Have you translated the source yet? Who was the one who reported on this oddity?" He released her arm and said, "I think it was someone from far in the east, a traveler. But it is written in a language I do not understand. That's where Talindra comes in. She's really remarkable in her ability to translate the most unlikely to know languages. I am enjoying working with her very much," he blurted out with admiration in his voice, but catching himself quickly, he became gruff and all business again. "I think it would help, Cir, if we could all pitch in with whatever skills each of us has to locate anything related to this subject. I know you, Cir, and you two, Val and Ceindra, can read much of the old language....at least enough to pick out the references to the names we are searching for. Why not at least help in that regard....comb this library for anything you can find. Talindra and I will look it over and see what we find."

Cir rolled his eyes and smiled at Falmiel. "I suppose you can tell that Gelmir was our tutor in our youth, can you not?" Turning to Val and Ceindra, he laughed openly. "I do believe we are being sent back to school again. But I refuse to do this without the help of Curulindel. His literary skills are better than even ours, even though he'd rather spend his day at the forge. But what will we then do with Thad for the rest of the day?" His eyes slid over to Erkenwine and his eyebrow raised in a questioning way. "Erkenwine, did you not offer to teach Thad about the techniques and skills of a ranger?" he waggled his eyebrows.

A sudden thought crossed his mind. "Falmiel, I...I don't...we must search for this. I know you have patients yet to look after. Why don't you take care of them while we bury ourselves in the dust and cobwebs here for the afternoon." Not happy with the abandoned expression in her eyes, he grinned and whispered in her ear, "But will you be sure to return at sundown and rescue us, please. Gelmir never knows the time of day when he is on a hunt," jerking his head at Gelmir's garb as an example, "and he will assume we will stay here starving for years at his side. We will need help to escape." He bent and kissed her on the corner of her lips and his eyes begged her understanding.

Before she could answer, a woman came through the door....one who was obviously a ranger by her attire.

“Greetings,” she said, “I am Freond, and I’m looking for lord Elrond… does anyone know where he is?”

Cir smiled at the newcomer and told her, "the last time I saw Lord Elrond was last night at the Hall for dinner. If he has been here at all this morning, only Gelmir or Talindra could tell you that. Gelmir, you seem to have been here since .. uh ..very early this day," he had difficulty in keeping his lips from twitching but asked seriously, "Has Lord Elrond been here at all this morning?"

Gelmir caught the twitch and smiled an impish smile in return. "No, Cir, I have not seen him since last night either, and I, who have obviously been here for some time, would certainly know."

They both burst out laughing and soon the rest of the group, who had all been deftly ignoring Gelmir's night clothing, joined in.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2005 06:43
Talindra could barely nod in answer to Gelmir, her pale cheeks brilliantly red. For the most part, the world around her was closed off; there were too many people around and it made her nervous. She fumbled with the skirt of her blue dress, even as the others laughed at Gelmir's dry comment.

"Lord Elrond ususally spends his mornings in the East Study." she spoke up to answer Freond. "Or you can find him in the Northeast gardens."

Val shook his head in agreement with Cir's comment about school. It was exceedingly like that; and to be honest, he did not look forward to much to it.

Then again...perhaps he could be alone with Ciendra and then perhaps figure out this complicated little maiden.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2005 07:44
Erkenwine turned his head when Ciryacáno entered the library behind him. Obviously the elf wanted to find out for himself what Gelmir had found out. Erkenwine's task therefore was finished. He listened to Cir, Talindra and Gelmir talk about the documents they had found. But nothing was clear as the words were written in an old language and Erkenwine guessed that it was and old elven dialect. Therefore he did not offer his help on his. Instead he was starting to play with his fringe that kept hanging into his hair. He was taken by surprise when Cir adressed him about wanting to teach Thad the ways of a Ranger. "...uh..yes, I did say that, but the boy is currently getting this sword made, I do not think that a sword can be forged in a few minutes?" his words were spoken lightly with a smile on his face.

Then his eyes lit up. At the door suddenly stood a most becoming Ranger.....maiden! Though amongst Rangers he was sure that Freond would not care much to be called a maiden. A very pretty Ranger indeed. Erkenwine instantly took an interest. When the Ranger girl asked for Elrond and was given suggestions of where to find him, Erkenwine walked over to the girl. "I'm Erkenwine from North Ithilien. And since I do not understand anything of these ancient papers..." he nodded over to the group of elves studying books. "..prefering the ways of nature...I would gladly come with you to find Lord Elrond in his...northeastern garden." He tilted his head waiting for her response. His green eyes sparkled brightly at her.

Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2005 07:07
With interest Falmiel watched how Cir and his friends worked. Their way of handling things was similar to her own way of researching new or old methods of healing. Then Cir turned to her and said.
"Falmiel, I...I don't...we must search for this. I know you have patients yet to look after. Why don't you take care of them while we bury ourselves in the dust and cobwebs here for the afternoon." Not happy with the abandoned expression in her eyes, he grinned and whispered in her ear, "But will you be sure to return at sundown and rescue us, please. Gelmir never knows the time of day when he is on a hunt," jerking his head at Gelmir's garb as an example, "and he will assume we will stay here starving for years at his side. We will need help to escape." He bent and kissed her on the corner of her lips and his eyes begged her understanding.

Before she could answer, a woman came through the door....one who was obviously a ranger by her attire.
“Greetings,” she said, “I am Freond, and I’m looking for lord Elrond… does anyone know where he is?” Falmiel thought hard on this, then noticed Erkenwine taking interest in this female ranger and offering her to look for Lord Elrond. This reminded Falmiel that she would have to talk to Lord Elrond herself. She would have to inform him that she intended to leave with Cir and his friends, thus formally ending her training and she also had to ready all the documents about her patients to be handed over to whoever of the healers of Imladris would take care of them now.
She smiled at Cir and after it was clear that the newcomer would leave with Erkenwine, she whispered softly into his ear “See you at sundown, then.” Aloud she briefly explained to his friends why she had to leave them for the afternoon and went on her way. Sweet thoughts in her mind and Cir’s kiss still on her lips.

The first stop she made was in the gardens, where all had started this morning, to pick up the herbs she had wanted to get in the first place. She then went back to the Halls of Healing, humming softly to herself. Once there she sat to prepare the salve and went to check on her patients. She took particular care, as always, not only to administer the various drinks, salves and other things, but also to have some time to talk to those who had no other diversion all day long, explaining that she would not be here much longer and why.

When she was finished treating her patients she went on to prepare the records to be handed over to one of the other healers. While she was still busy finishing her notes Lord Elrond entered her study. “I heard you were leaving.” He said and studied her intensely. “I think there will be nothing to persuade you otherwise?” he remarked and when she shook her head he added “Then be careful and go in peace” and turned away.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 07, 2005 11:19
Cir watched as Erkenwine took charge of the young Ranger maiden with a smile on his face. As the Ranger told Freond, the new arrival, that he would join her in her search for Lord Elrond, Cir reminded him before he left, "And please, Erkenwine, do see if you can find Curulindel. If he is at a break point with the creation of Thad's sword, we could certainly make use of his mind on this task." With a quick glance at Freond, he looked back at Erkenwine. "And if you have other...er... interests to attend to this day," he said with a slight twitch of his lips, "by all means, tell Curulindel he can bring Thad with him here, though I am sure that Thad will be less than pleased to spend his day here. Perhaps Thad can spend some time with you and...uh...Freond." He grinned knowing that that was the last thing Erkenwine wanted at this moment.

Cir listened to Falmiel as she whispered, “See you at sundown, then.” then explained to the others why she was leaving them now, and already was feeling the loss of her by his side. How strange this day had been. His life had been planned out for him for years now, and in one morning, it had been turned upside down simply by the arrival in his life of this incredible maiden. He tried to concentrate on what was at hand when she left but his mind was following her footsteps. When they finally were beyond his hearing, he shook his head and turned to Gelmir and Talindra.

"So, Gelmir, what can we do to assist you?" he asked.

Gelmir looked up from a huge ancient book, a distracted look on his face. "Hmm, what can you do? Hmmm. Well, Talindra here knows where the reference books are located in this room. I'll let her point you in the right direction," he said, his head already turned back to the pages he was perusing. Glancing up for a moment, he added, "Look for anything with the names Alatar and Pallando, or the Blue Istari, or the Blue Wizards, or.....just look...."

"Well, Val, Ceindra, it looks like we should begin searching." Cir wandered over to a floor to ceiling row of shelves, full of parchments and tomes, a hopeless look on his face. He pulled one scroll down and rolled it out on a small table nearby, his eyes racing down the script. It was written in Quenya, the old language, and his mind worked at translating the words. It was a history of Doriath from what he could make out and not relevant. Rolling it up, he replaced it on the shelf and pulled down another one. This was not going to be easy, he decided.

Unrolling the next one, he read through the first few lines. As his eyes fixed on a phrase, his head reeled, pain shot through it and the world faded ...

As the sharp pain receded as quickly as it had come, Ian turned from the pages he was reviewing, calling out, "Val, Gelmir....what do you think of this information?" He was fingering the words in front of him and did not notice the strange expressions exchanged by Andy and Professor O'Connor.

OOC: I am recommending that all of you simply behave as if nothing has changed in your individual modern day lives, except your reactions to Ian's weirdness. In other words, we are all in modern times, reasearching in a library Professor O'Connor has recommended. There is no need to make a big deal about any of your 'warps' as you've never really been aware that you ever did, if that makes sense. Only Ian really feels anything different. *grins*
gwendeth
Send Message
on: November 07, 2005 05:31
Sarah 'Larkwing' Collins set down her teacup as delicately as possible - and despite that the woman across from her was quite friendly… and was doing her best to make her guest at ease, Sarah still felt 'awkward'. An American, she was overseas touring the UK on a 'special' Visa, and 'niceties' like tea-time were still quite new to her. But, as the wandering Folk-singer/Bard she was, Sarah couldn't not try for the opportunity to perform at Chatsworth Hall's upcoming Event...

And so, to that end, the green-eyed young woman with golden-red hair was sitting in the Blue Parlor with the Duchess on one comfortable sofa, and herself on another chatting about it.

"No ma'am," Sarah shook her head, "I don't need much on-stage… just a mike - a microphone, I mean, and a stool. I accompany myself."

"What instrument do you play?" the Duchess inquired.

"Guitar mostly - either Folk, or twelve-string. I also use a banjo on some songs, and I have a Middle Ages-style lute. - It has a quite unique 'tone' to it that just suits some melodies better than the guitar."

"And your 'stage name'? How did you come up with 'Larkwing'?" the Duchess was honestly curious.

"Oh… an old boyfriend," Sarah grinned and relaxed further under the older woman's charm, "He said I sang like a lark and my music seemed to 'float' like a bird in flight."

Before either one could speak again, a footman knocked politely and peeked around the door.

"Milady," he said, "There's someone to see you…"

"Oh, yes!" the Duchess smiled, "Thank you, Stephen," and turned back to Sarah. "I've some business of an immediate nature to attend to, my dear," she said apologetically. "Why don't you wander around, and I'll send Stephen to fetch you when I'm through. Feel free to peek into the rooms as you'd like - there's so much that's beautiful and interesting to see in my home…"

"Oh, yes," Sarah smiled, "Thank you - I'd like that!" and bobbing her head (and feeling silly doing so), she rose, and left the room.

Wandering the wide corridors, at first the young woman was nervous about opening any of the closed doors. But, curiosity soon overcame her. In one, she discovered a collection of dollhouses - exquisitely done, and outfitted to the smallest detail. In another, Sarah found herself in a Gallery filled with suits of Medieval Armor, and weapons - swords of all kinds, and then halted in blushing surprise to see there was someone else already inside…

[Edited on 8/11/2005 by gwendeth]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 07, 2005 06:36
Freond smiled a little when laughter resounded throughout the library, but she didn't join in; she was tired and in no mood for jest. Even so, she was grateful for the suggestions that the elves offered.

"I'm Erkenwine from North Ithilien. And since I do not understand anything of these ancient papers..." he nodded over to the group of elves studying books. "..prefering the ways of nature...I would gladly come with you to find Lord Elrond in his...northeastern garden." He tilted his head waiting for her response. His green eyes sparkled brightly at her.

Freond studied the ranger silently for a moment, raising an eyebrow at his eagerness to go with her. She smiled at him, though; she didn't often have companionship, and it would be pleasant to have someone to talk to.
"Very well," she replied, and nodding in farewell to the rest, turned and left the library with Erkenwine. For a while as they walked they didn't speak, Freond not knowing that to say and deeming the silence enough for herself. Gradually they began a conversation, though, about this and that- she told him where she had lived originally, and shared news on a few of the things she had seen on her way to Imladris. As they entered the gardens she slowed to smell the flowers, having been away from the gardens of Imladris for a long while….

Robin Bruner sighed as she surveyed the crime-scene she had been called—all the way from her home in Atlanta, Ga-- to cover .The remains of an American soldier, (probably killed during WWII, to Robin’s thinking when she observed the small bit of tattered, dingy uniform that was visible-) discovered in the woods on the large Chatsworth estate during some ‘renovation’.

Robin had always wanted to travel overseas- but on her own time, for a vacation, not for work! But as a qualified Crime Scene Investigator she had to do what she was told by her superiors. She had covered two similar cases in the states already- so she was a shoe-in for the job.

The woman hadn’t enjoyed yesterday’s flight, though, and was still tired, and groggy. She guessed that the detective who was on the case would show up at any moment, and hopefully give her some information on the estate and whatnot. Hopefully he wouldn’t smirk as soon as she opened her mouth- the workers at the hotel had been incredibly amused by her accent, and it had taken a steely glare for them to give her a muffin and leave.

Grumbling to herself, she pulled back her copper brown hair into a ponytail and kneeled next to the up-rooted bones, pulling on the sterile gloves that simply barked ‘you’re not on vacation, Robin, you’re just doing your job because your boss was too lazy to come himself!’
Sighing, she opened her kit and produced from it a brush, and regretting that she hadn’t eaten a substantial breakfast that morning- a little meal she’d been served at the hotel, nothing like the bacon, eggs and grits she’d be eating were she back home- began slowly and gently brushing away the dirt. It was a slow process, and she had only uncovered a few inches completely when she became aware of someone standing near, watching.
Looking up, she smiled at the man standing there, hoping that she could mask her irritation-- it was never good to get off to a bad start with someone you had to work with.
“You must be Ronnie Tucker- oh, sorry, Detective Tucker… I’m Robin Bruner, CSI- pleased to meet you.” She held up her gloved hands, “Forgive me if I don’t shake hands- that’ll have to wait ‘til I’m through here.”

[Edited on 8/11/2005 by dreamdancer]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 08:27
Andy stared at his friend in concern. "Uh..Ian?" he asked softly.

The door to the library opened and Penny entered, holding a carton of tea in styrofoam cups and a box which appeared to have muffins in it. Penny loved muffins.

She carefully put the items down and pushed up her glasses on her nose as she turned towards the men and Madlin. "I thought we could use something to snack on...eh...is something wrong?"

Andy jerked his head a little towards Ian, blue eyes filled with worry. Penny frowned and walked over to her nephew. "Ian, what is it you've found here?"
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 08:47
Fiona Jenkins let herself fall into the next available chair. This shift had been hell. She had been on her feet for the past 24 hours with only one attempt at sleep.

Duty in the emergency room was always hell. There was no time to think, sometimes no time to even take a breath. This is why she was very glad to be sitting and finally having a few moments to herself. Thinking back on the day she sipped her tea.

She loved being a doctor, but she often wished that she had more time for her patients. She hated to have a maximum of two minutes per patient to ask them how they were doing and to note whether something had to be changed in the medication.

If I had my own hospital.... this little dream had been with her since she frist planned to become a doctor at the age of six. This dream hospital would be situated in the country, with a lovely garden all around it. The rooms would be spacious and the furnishings would be according to themes. There would be enough staff to really treat the patients right in every possible way and still always have time for them, even if they just wanted to chat....

Fiona was still engaged in this wonderful dream when a nurse stormed into the room. "Dr Jenkins - emergency...."
Without hesitation she put down her tea and ran out with the nurse towards the emergency room.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 08, 2005 09:12
Professor O'Connor looked up from the pages he had been perusing at the sound of Ian's voice, an expression of momentary bewilderment crossing his face. Glancing at Andy, he was about to speak when the door at the far end of the great library at Chatsworth opened and Ian's Aunt Penny entered, carrying a carton of tea in styrofoam cups and a box which appeared to be full of muffins. He watched as she set the items on a large table that was already full of books and scraps of paper upon which the men had been scribbling notes of their findings.

Aunt Penny's index finger pushed her glasses higher on her nose and turned towards the men and Madlin. "I thought we could use something to snack on...eh...is something wrong?"

Andy jerked his head a little towards Ian, blue eyes filled with worry. Penny frowned and walked over to her nephew. "Ian, what is it you've found here?"

Professor O'Connor took this time to walk to Andy's side, speaking softly. "This is what happened in Anglesey, yes? He was not here just now, was he? Hmmm.." He scratched his head, deep in thought. "Well, let's see what caused this event. It must have something to do with the pages he's looking at." Grabbing Andy's arm, he pulled him closer to where Aunt Penny was looking over Ian's arm at the document he was holding.

"Ian! Ian! What have you found, my boy?" O'Connor reached for the document and pulled it from Ian's hand, looking at the young man's face rather than the paper. Ian turned his head toward Professor O'Connor, gazing at him blankly.

"Gelmir?" Ian shook his head and his eyes searched the great library walls, the ceiling high windows, the Jacobean furniture that surrounded him. "Where am I? This is not right," he whispered.

"Ian, look at me," O'Connor said. Grabbing Ian's arm, he shook it slightly. "Look at me! We're in the library at Chatsworth, remember? We came here from Anglesey once we had visited your cave." Shaking him again, O'Connor was firm. "We're in Chatsworth, in Derbyshire. The library here holds rare and ancient books and manuscripts that rival Oxford's. Now, let's take a look at what you have found." O'Connor finally looked down at the paper he had taken from Ian's hand.

His eyes opened wide in shock. Before him was a small page scribbled from top to bottom...in the hand of J.R.R. Tolkien himself. It was written in one of the languages that Tolkien had created for his elves, with notes Tolkien had made in the margins and between the lines. How it had found its way to this library and not held in the Bodliean Library at Oxford was a mystery but what was not a mystery was that it must contain information that had originally caused Ian to re-live the transformation that had taken place in Wales.

"Penny, translate it. Quickly as possible. Whatever this contains must be the reason that Ian was called to another world. It must be very important to him." O'Connor handed the document over to Ian's Aunt and turned to Ian, who was still staring about him, confusion written on his face. "Come, Ian, let's have some tea and one of your aunt's lovely muffins while we give her a chance to look this over. Come, sit." O'Connor led Ian to a chair, placing a styrofoam cup of tea and a small paper plate with a fat muffin on it on the table next to the young man.

"Andy, see if you can find Nick. He's probably at the Weapons and Armament Gallery gazing with sheer love and drooling at the swords and armour on the walls," O'Connor chuckled.
Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2005 11:01
((I'm a bit confused about the warp...how come we don't feel any change in the modern world if we warp? when we warped from modern to ME-time we also felt confused, which is natural, since it is their bodies warping, it should take an effect on them. We are not just onlookers who look at people from ME to Modern times, but its their bodies that shift. so...I hope you're not upset if I let my charries be confused at the warping again. It can't go unnoticed. I would have thought that they will soon consciously realized they are switching times uncontrollably ever so often))

Curulindel took the hammer and worked the metal before him. It was loud and hot, the clanking echoing throught the airy smithery. When Curulindel more or less had the shape he intended for THad's sword, having worked in the mithril strip, he handed the hammer to Thad. "well, why don't you have a few bashes at your sword. I know the Hammer is heavy but if you try with both hands...it will give the blade of your sword a special feeling, an imprint of your own strength." Curulindel held on to the end of the still warm blade and let Thad hammer onto the edges, where the blade would later be sharpened. For a moment he had forgotten that they had a visitor, the elf Naruiel. Her sword lay on a workbench. Once Thad had his hammering on the blade done, Curulindel asked him to put away the hammer. The blade still looked rough. He would show the boy how to smooth it out, then they would think about the hilt for the sword. For now he put the blade away onto a cloth. "hên anu nín we need to let the blade cool down now and work on it later. I'm sure we will be able to finish it tomorrow." He reached for Naruiel's sword and examined it.

He suddenly felt faint. One hand went to his forehead. He was not used to fits of fainting or lightheadedness. He had a feeling as if he'd lose balance. As if the earth dissolved underneath his feet. "Th....aaaad..." he squeezed out faintly. "what...is..."

Nick blinked. His hand was still rubbing his forehead, his eyes. He looked around a little confused. He was holding a sword. "Thad..." he said and looked around finding himself in a weaponry gallery, all alone. Who was Thad? or had he just meant 'that..' as in 'that is a very beautiful blade...' he held his breath for a moment. It smelled smokey...and hot. His hand trailed down from his face to his chest before he looked down. He was wearing a t-shirt and his casual MacGregor Kilt, fallen down socks and heavy boots. Why was he dressed like that when it was so hot in here? He was in ....the smith...rubbish..weaponry gallery of....Im---sworth...Ims..What the hell was the matter with him? Chatworth ! of course he had come to Chatworth with Andy, his cousin Madi and some other friends and Ronny his friend. They had met in Anglesy, he'd been following some lead to find a missing person he'd said, or something else. And they'd travelled down to Chatworth on their horses...erm...cars. Thats right.

And he had been reminded of a beautiful place when he had looked at this particular sword here. He took another look and examined it closer. It was just like...in the Tolkien story. Exactly, like in the films. Brilliant, for a moment he thought he had had a dream of Rivendell. Curioius!

Elebridith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2005 11:05
Erkenwine smiled at Freond when she accepted his offer to accompany her to find Lord Elrond. He led her into the garden. "don't you think this is the most beautiful gardens you have ever seen? My best friend is Curulindel, an elf of Imladris, thus have come here very often and I'm taken by the peace, beauty and the harmony of the elves. I like to stay her to rest." he smiled at her trying to make her at ease, since he to her was still a stranger. "But my restless soul soon leaves again to travel the forests and lands, hear stories, bring news, find new paths and...." he stopped walking and stemmed his palm against a white statue in the garden. "Excuse me, but I am feeling a little dizzy, maybe I should.."

Ronny Tucker blinked. He eyes his surroundings with the greatest suspicion. And where did she go? he thought to himself? This was...a road...and where was the garden? He turned his head to look. Ah, just to his right was the park he'd...just been. Yes, that must be it. For a moment he thought he had been talking to a very beautiful vibrant looking ....girl. He snorted to himself and grinned broadly. Of course, he was always thinking of some girl or another. What was new? He had always enjoyed the company of the opposit sex and was very popular with them. He looked at his hand and noticed a piece of paper he was holding. Then he remembered. He had followed a trail of a missing person, a young girl, from London to Anglesey. Very strange dissappearance this turned out to be. The last help he had was from this old lady in Anglesey before he went down some cliffs and happend to find....Nick! of all people in all places. He had first met Nick in London studying art.

But Nick had then moved to Wales and Ronny often came to stay with him, when he was around in the area. Being a private investigator he came to travel around the whole country rather a lot. And he liked it that way. Now, what had the lady told him? That the young girl who was missing had mentioned Chesterfield, yes, thats right. Apparently the last thing the girl had said that she'd meet someone down at the cliffs, but when he had checked on the group that was seen there, the next day, someone had mentioned the Chesterfield Hospital. The information had been bad and iffy. It all sounded like a lot of bull. But there was something mysterious about Chesterfield Hospital. He had a few names now to check on. The girl apparently had a friend she met in Anglesey, but this friend was said to have gone mad, hysteric, and had been taken back down south to Chesterfield, because her family lived here. He needed to talk to her. He glanced at the paper again. It read: Carina Sandham, Chesterfiel Clinic, psychiatric Wing.

Alright. He took a few steps without looking up from his paper and suddenly heard his name being spoken. He looked up at a pretty redhaird girl. She seemed to know him. And then he remembered, that he had only just met her here, she was looking for clues on a case. She was in the same sort of work as himself. Though he was freelanced and more or less did as he pleased. "Oh, pardon me Robin, I think I've just been in a world of my own for a moment." he gave her a charming smile. "pondering on a clue..." he glanced at her hands dirty from her work. "so...what did you say your working on? I mean, what case are you following up, if I may ask?" he was very interested. Hadn't she said she needed to go check the Chesterfield Hospital as well? in that case they could go together./images/Ronny-smart.jpg

dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 10, 2005 07:49
(ooc: just a note- robin's hair is coppery brown, not red ^_~ and she's using her very southern accent.)

"Oh, pardon me Robin, I think I've just been in a world of my own for a moment." he gave her a charming smile. "pondering on a clue..." he glanced at her hands dirty from her work. "so...what did you say your working on? I mean, what case are you following up, if I may ask?" he was very interested. Hadn't she said she needed to go check the Chesterfield Hospital as well? in that case they could go together

"Got called from Atlanta to check this out," she sighed, returning to the bones and seeing that she'd get no information on her case from him, "Looks like a WWII soldier to me- but since it's on this estate, its a crime-scene until I prove what happened to the guy. For all I know, it could be a murder- though I doubt it. After I get all this 'evidence' logged and ready to go, I'll need to talk to a few people and see if I can find out anything useful."

She wondered how long that would take- the estate was huge, and she only hoped that she wouldn't have to comb very much of it for 'evidence'. The bones were taking long enough. Now she had the skull mostly uncovered, and a hand partially revealed. There was no telling what else was buried around the area.
"I'm gone be a while," she said at last, looking up and offering an apologetic smile, "And this ain't exciting to watch- but I have to be careful or I'll upset these bones. I can't afford to lose any evidence, not after its been here for this long. Can you tell me anything about this estate that might be helpful? I'll admit I didn't find out much about it before-hand.... I was too rushed this morning."
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email